• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Who's coming? Saw that the 125 'Can't Touch This' is registered but are any other 125's planning on making the trip..?

'Blue' the Riptide 41 is making an appearance as well. 

RP55 vs PAC 52?

In!  (But can't say nothing about dropping out early....because that's what we had to do in '16 thanks to 2 broken ribs and a suspected ruptured spleen, on the first night.)  Gonna be a great summer!  I wonder: Last time, we were one of only two boats that carried the Watt & Sea hydrogenerator.  Will anyone else discover these amazing devices?  On the Transpac this summer, we used all of 1.5 gallons of diesel during the (embarrassingly long) 14 days it took to get to Honolulu.  Besides instruments, we ran our refrigerator the entire time.  Yes!  Ice-cold beer every day.....and now you see what our priorities were....and are.    :DIMG_3603.thumb.JPG.ee73750339722c2e77a07850d95de42e.JPG

14 hours ago, dawson said:

Anyone with experience doing PacCup on a synergy 1000 four man crewed?

Do it, I'll come! :)

The express fleet is having a good resurgence lately on the Bay. 8 OD boats will be the biggest one design fleet I think the race has ever had. I know there have been bigger sc50 fleets, but they are hardly OD boats at this point most have new rigs/ keels and rudders. 

Its going to be fun watching the triple handed e-27 performance against the dh boats. 

Would it count as a "OD class" given the boats would likely  carry more than 2 fractionals #1 & #3? Maybe they'll agree upon some rules at Nationals this weekend. 

6 hours ago, sousou said:

Would it count as a "OD class" given the boats would likely  carry more than 2 fractionals #1 & #3? Maybe they'll agree upon some rules at Nationals this weekend. 

I think they are all going to have different sails-- that's just apart of the race. Also thes will all weight differently so they will have have slight ratting differences. I would not be surprised to see at least one boat race with a MH set up. And it would not surprise me to see a boat with an A5 on the class pole. 

23 hours ago, Ian Rogers said:

I think they are all going to have different sails-- that's just apart of the race. Also thes will all weight differently so they will have have slight ratting differences. I would not be surprised to see at least one boat race with a MH set up. And it would not surprise me to see a boat with an A5 on the class pole. 

Are you talking E-27's or E-37's.  

8 E-37's.  Looks like I'll be back again then.  Tho' it's gonna be hard to beat the '16 race. That was pretty epic.

18 hours ago, Hitchhiker said:

Are you talking E-27's or E-37's.  

8 E-37's.  Looks like I'll be back again then.  Tho' it's gonna be hard to beat the '16 race. That was pretty epic.

E-27's