6924

US Watercraft receivership ? (Alerion etc)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Makes sense to me. It's only a bad idea to do what you did if you then sell the boat.

While working as a broker I always hated having to explain the world to people who had bought and restored a boat, then decided to sell it.

 

Nope. The fix and keep was a simultaneous decision.  You are right. Folks who restore and want all of their money and labor back are dreamers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I applaud your decision to fix and use the boat instead of sending it to the landfill and buying a new one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Nope. The fix and keep was a simultaneous decision.  You are right. Folks who restore and want all of their money and labor back are dreamers. 

Plus the "book value" of the boat assumes it is in good shape. A 50 year old boat is *assumed to have a new engine and sails by now*!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2017 at 1:22 PM, Hugh Jorgan said:

Was US watercraft building the new J/121?  If so I wonder what will happen with that since it appears as though the first boat(s?) is in the middle of production.

No they were not. CCFCI builds all the newer J-boats in the US. J-70, J-88, J-95, J-111, and J-121.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Take a 34-45 foot old sailboat that sails a lot. The engine is near worn out. The sails are near worn out. The interior and canvas are near worn out. That adds up to over $30,000 of repair/improves or perhaps a lot more. Cheaper to just buy another one.

So you have seen my sailboat.  

Nah. 27 years old and needs a few things but good sails, instruments and gear. Hatches could use refurb though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Sorry if real life is "negative" and you REALLY need to be careful for what you wish for.

I have gone from paying $30/hr to over $100/hr for airplane maintenance, so falling popularity and less customers sure as hell did not make anything cheaper except for initial purchase price. Do not wish to see that repeated.

Labor rate at my marina for skilled work (glass, electrical, etc) is now $110/hr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2017 at 6:47 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

People don't do this because you just spent $12k upgrading a $12k boat, turning it into a $13,200 boat if you had to sell it.

It makes no sense. This is coming from someone who has spent about as much on a $2k boat so I make even less sense, just saying.

The Zombie Fleet grows every year because the economics of putting money into an old boat are almost as bad as putting money into a boat building business.

Still cheaper then a new one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're an old fart like me you buy a new or newer boat, calculating the value of your spare time and the amount of time you have left to enjoy it, knowing it's not going to deliver any monetary return and you consider it well spent. If you're a young guy or gal, buy a shitty $1,000-2,000 Craigslist boat, take lots of "Before" pix, learn basic fiberglass repair, cosmetics, rig work, interior accommodations upgrades and improvements, leave the engine to last if it has one. When your initial investment is small, you can afford to be more daring about learning to do your own work. Spend a lot of your spare time for a year or two enjoying every accomplishment milestone and whip out those "Before" shots when you want to bask in the glow. It still doesn't make financial sense but it's the only way you can own a boat and not lose a pile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2017 at 8:47 AM, kent_island_sailor said:

From what I can see, you can hardly give a sailboat away and $100,000 + center consoles are flying off the shelves and you can't even sit inside the thing when it rains!

They sold like one North Rip....

 

New companies do NOT do well in that market unless they do something really hot. NR almost had the fit and finish of Jupiter but was being pushed towards the actual fishing market yet couldn't compete with Yellowfin/Invincible/Contender/Conch/etc fuel burn/speed numbers just weren't there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28.7.2017 at 4:19 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

That was for the multi-million dollar J/109 keel repair warranties, right?

Like Dude - we were promised a article on the FP a couple of weeks ago, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2017 at 5:35 PM, Gouvernail said:

FYI  The following is  a bit of a rant. 

(OK It is a rant) 

It never hurts to stand up and read my posts out loud as though you were speaking in front of a giant hall filled with sailors: 

Have fun with it>>>

In the sixties and seventies there was a fantasy of building the affordable sailboat for everyone.

Many  companies tried. Only Sunfish and Laser really survived and each of those had had some brushes with death.

In 1977 over 200,000 new sailboats were sold in the USA. The number has dropped EVERY year except in 2001. That year, despite 9-11, the total only dropped by 53. 

In 2002, largely based on a Laser sales boomlet, the number actually went up. That was the ONLY year it rose and whatever caused it, Laser sales plummeted back to their old numbers the very next year and the sailboat sales  downfall continued as though it had never been interrupted. 

i am a firm believer a number of factors are contributing to the demise of sailboat production as a business and to the game of sailing:

1. There never has been and never will be big bucks to be made creating introductory affordable durable  toys.

2. All other sailboat manufacturers rely on customers who entered the sport on affordable toys. 

3. Sailors are mostly old people who either do not care at all about having the game continue after they are gone or would rather bitch than actually do something.

4. Access to many sailing venues is limited and controlled by rich old men who do not have any desire to share 

5. Aside from a dozen people promoting the AERO, no one in North America is making a concerted effort to get new folks out on their ready to  purchase freshly manufactured singlehanded toys. 

And ... the AERO is not really an appropriate total greenhorn entry toy. 

6. Look at the threads about the demise of the sport. I am pretty certain I am the only one of the 60,000 members of this site who consistently pitches any solutions. Everybody here and in the sailing world in general is much more eager to bitch, whine, and pronounce their sport dead than invest in making it boom again in ten years. 

Why do you people write, "Sailing isn't fun for them."??? 

Why the hell do you think that? Don't you love sailing? Don't your friends live sailing? WTF makes you think anybody could resist the wonderful lure of sailing?? 

**++++++******+++++******

Here once again is a fundamental description of a real solution. I will write it as briefly  as I can more time for those who might wake up.  ++++

We need to create a new boat that does what Lasers do but costs significantly less. The boat really needs to feel and sail much as a Laser does but it must be modernized for ease of manufacture, durability, and creature comfort. 

The boat must be heavily promoted in virtually every available boating media and the sales and promotion team must accomplish the things necessary to politically take over as THE SINGLEHANDED RACER'S  SAILING TOY.

(Think golf balls with dimples or 16 pound bowling balls. One sport. One toy for playing the sport) 

Done right, the first couple years there will be 3,000 strategically placed new boats. Soon thereafter, 10,000 to 20,000 of these new boats will sell annually in North America.

As it succeeds here it will easily take over the market in the rest of the world.

In ten to fifteen years,  the sheer numbers of people who enjoy sailing will cause need for larger racing and cruising sailboats.... (kind of like the boom in 22 to 30 foot sailboats that happened in the eighties. )

my guesstimate is:

It will take an initial Investment  of about $20,000,000 to get the new boat into production and sufficiently seeded around North America. 

Until somebody does that?? The game will continue to shrink. 

We need a billionaire who loves sailing and racing, has enjoyed racing with the very cream of the Laser sailor crop, and would like to be THE GUY who didn't just save the game , he turned it into the fabulous game we couid only have because he planted the seeds for the game and held on long enough to develop the root system. 

..... 

it can happen

it should happen

if all you want to do is try to stop it from happening

please STFU

 

I WONT BE LISTENING TO YOU. 

It exists. It's now called a Kite Surfer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Raz'r said:

It exists. It's now called a Kite Surfer...

Don't agree . The sit down displacement boat is as different from the kiteboarding as bicycling is from skateboarding 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Don't agree . The sit down displacement boat is as different from the kiteboarding as bicycling is from skateboarding 

 

Well, it's where the growth is. Lots and lots of it. Why bother with a laser when you can sail a kite for 1/2 the price and 1/4 the hassle? Fits in the trunk of any shit car. No storage cost, etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2017 at 8:35 PM, Gouvernail said:

FYI  The following is  a bit of a rant. 

(OK It is a rant) 

It never hurts to stand up and read my posts out loud as though you were speaking in front of a giant hall filled with sailors: 

Have fun with it>>>

In the sixties and seventies there was a fantasy of building the affordable sailboat for everyone.

Many  companies tried. Only Sunfish and Laser really survived and each of those had had some brushes with death.

In 1977 over 200,000 new sailboats were sold in the USA. The number has dropped EVERY year except in 2001. That year, despite 9-11, the total only dropped by 53. 

In 2002, largely based on a Laser sales boomlet, the number actually went up. That was the ONLY year it rose and whatever caused it, Laser sales plummeted back to their old numbers the very next year and the sailboat sales  downfall continued as though it had never been interrupted. 

i am a firm believer a number of factors are contributing to the demise of sailboat production as a business and to the game of sailing:

1. There never has been and never will be big bucks to be made creating introductory affordable durable  toys.

2. All other sailboat manufacturers rely on customers who entered the sport on affordable toys. 

3. Sailors are mostly old people who either do not care at all about having the game continue after they are gone or would rather bitch than actually do something.

4. Access to many sailing venues is limited and controlled by rich old men who do not have any desire to share 

5. Aside from a dozen people promoting the AERO, no one in North America is making a concerted effort to get new folks out on their ready to  purchase freshly manufactured singlehanded toys. 

And ... the AERO is not really an appropriate total greenhorn entry toy. 

6. Look at the threads about the demise of the sport. I am pretty certain I am the only one of the 60,000 members of this site who consistently pitches any solutions. Everybody here and in the sailing world in general is much more eager to bitch, whine, and pronounce their sport dead than invest in making it boom again in ten years. 

Why do you people write, "Sailing isn't fun for them."??? 

Why the hell do you think that? Don't you love sailing? Don't your friends live sailing? WTF makes you think anybody could resist the wonderful lure of sailing?? 

**++++++******+++++******

Here once again is a fundamental description of a real solution. I will write it as briefly  as I can more time for those who might wake up.  ++++

We need to create a new boat that does what Lasers do but costs significantly less. The boat really needs to feel and sail much as a Laser does but it must be modernized for ease of manufacture, durability, and creature comfort. 

The boat must be heavily promoted in virtually every available boating media and the sales and promotion team must accomplish the things necessary to politically take over as THE SINGLEHANDED RACER'S  SAILING TOY.

(Think golf balls with dimples or 16 pound bowling balls. One sport. One toy for playing the sport) 

Done right, the first couple years there will be 3,000 strategically placed new boats. Soon thereafter, 10,000 to 20,000 of these new boats will sell annually in North America.

As it succeeds here it will easily take over the market in the rest of the world.

In ten to fifteen years,  the sheer numbers of people who enjoy sailing will cause need for larger racing and cruising sailboats.... (kind of like the boom in 22 to 30 foot sailboats that happened in the eighties. )

my guesstimate is:

It will take an initial Investment  of about $20,000,000 to get the new boat into production and sufficiently seeded around North America. 

Until somebody does that?? The game will continue to shrink. 

We need a billionaire who loves sailing and racing, has enjoyed racing with the very cream of the Laser sailor crop, and would like to be THE GUY who didn't just save the game , he turned it into the fabulous game we couid only have because he planted the seeds for the game and held on long enough to develop the root system. 

..... 

it can happen

it should happen

if all you want to do is try to stop it from happening

please STFU

 

I WONT BE LISTENING TO YOU. 

Good for you on trying to save it, a true hero. I know for a fact you aren't the 'only' one.

 

Come to Newport. It would be eye opening for your small world mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, J/120 said:

Good for you on trying to save it, a true hero. I know for a fact you aren't the 'only' one.

 

Come to Newport. It would be eye opening for your small world mind.

Newport? What ? When? Why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Newport? What ? When? Why? 

There are a metric shit ton of boats and sailors racing around lower Narragansett Bay, that's why..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, carcrash said:

The sailboat market is 1% of what it was at its peak.

Kinda like land line phones.

Paul Larsen might have the disruptive concept to fix this. It's nothing at all like a Laser: a nicer rotary dial won't bring back land lines.

I love sailing leadmine monohulls. My daughter loves riding horses. Neither represents any kind of growth industry.

Phones were replaced by a better product.

Sailboats are not an inferior product to anything... just different 

when Lassie was popular homes had more collies

Snoopy  caused a beagle boom

rin tin tin caused a German Shepard boom

We have two of these 

 

Harleys boom every few years 

 

somehow... sailing became a "thing" for a while 

it can happen again 

somebody will sponsor another boom sometime 

I hope it is soon enough for me to play 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buster Hammond,R.I.P,  ex president of Islander Yachts used to say, "America spends more money annually on bubblegum than they do on sailing."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:05 AM, carcrash said:

The sailboat market is 1% of what it was at its peak.

Kinda like land line phones.

Paul Larsen might have the disruptive concept to fix this. It's nothing at all like a Laser: a nicer rotary dial won't bring back land lines.

I love sailing leadmine monohulls. My daughter loves riding horses. Neither represents any kind of growth industry.

My experience is they start out growing and get pretty big, shit all over the place, and eventually become a death industry. YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:53 AM, J/120 said:

Good for you on trying to save it, a true hero. I know for a fact you aren't the 'only' one.

 

Come to Newport. It would be eye opening for your small world mind.

Yup - If you spent all your time commuting between Annapolis and Newport, the #1 issue you would see facing sailing is available slip space and water to race boats in are both about to run out.

Meanwhile, my dock is half empty in *August*. We had more boat a few years ago in February :rolleyes: The good point is the marina tried to raise the rates and no one would pay, so they went right back down. The bad side is they will eventually give up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hmsmweasel said:

so with this news, who is going to build the 24 and 22 if any new orders come in?

Are people really ordering new J/24's and J/22's? Great but very old designs, that probably cost a lot new, with thousands of used ones out there. If people had been ordering them, Alerion's, etc. US Watercraft wouldn't be going under?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty of slips in NPT area.  Portsmouth has an approved 500 slip marina waiting to go in next to Melville.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TBone said:

No ka oi, Gouv

That was a shot of two entire dogs but I kept cropping it until it was small enough for this page to accept the file  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates on US watercraft looks like a court date came an d went a few weeks ago. I drove by last week. Lots of stuff going on at the TPI half of the building just a couple cars over at US watercraft but one of the garage doors was up a couple feet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, forty six & 2 said:

Any updates on US watercraft looks like a court date came an d went a few weeks ago. I drove by last week. Lots of stuff going on at the TPI half of the building just a couple cars over at US watercraft but one of the garage doors was up a couple feet. 

Tried reaching them via phone several times over past few weeks ... no luck, VM boxes are full.  #badsign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is on the Waterlines webs site

We are temporarily undergoing some restructuring and also taking this time to conduct an inventory.  Please try us again after September 1, 2017.  If you have a part on order which you have not received and for which you have paid in advance, please contact us directly at 401-247-3000 ext 304 leave you name, telephone number, email and contact information as well as the part or item and we will have someone reply promptly.

Sincerely, U.S. Watercraft.”

W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the Lee:

I bought three of them to give as gifts to clients at launch time. But I know the guy who made them and he makes a lot of yacht hardware so he put this through quite a prototype phases to make sure it would work while retaining the look. He was getting a lot of "help" over on Face book. Not sure i'd use on on my own boat but I want one in my office as an art piece.

Dolphin2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2017 at 9:19 AM, kent_island_sailor said:

Sorry if real life is "negative" and you REALLY need to be careful for what you wish for.

I have gone from paying $30/hr to over $100/hr for airplane maintenance, so falling popularity and less customers sure as hell did not make anything cheaper except for initial purchase price. Do not wish to see that repeated.

It is interesting that airplane owners expect a lower shop rate than they pay at an automotive garage.

This is despite the fact that aircraft mechanics must posess a licence that takes  24 months to obtain and must sign a permanent record of the work they have performed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So received this email from US Waterline systems. Which seems to be one of the entitities that they preserved.  

 

"So don't miss the opportunity"

We have you covered

 

 


"Preparation and planning begin now to help insure you do not miss a single day next season"
We know how important and infrequent those perfect days on the water can be. We love being on the water and we know you do to! Waterline Systems offers a full array of services for your boat. Power or sail, racer or cruiser, our staff will work with you this off season to insure your boat is structurally, cosmetically and mechanically ready to go. 2018 will mark 30 years of providing "World Class" service to our customers and we look forward to sharing our expertise and knowledge with you. Contact Waterline Systems now to schedule storage, repairs, refits or if you are doing it yourself and just need advice and some parts we've got you covered on that as well. sales@waterlinesystems.com 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2017 at 4:58 PM, GrandWeasel said:

Two damn pages and no one has answered the question.  What is the legal name of the company?

Waterline Group Holdings, Inc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Company in receivership is US Watercraft, LLC

Waterline Group Holdings, Inc  is a separate company and is one of the plaintiffs...

Waterline Systems is part of Waterline Group Holdings, Inc -- not US Watercraft, LLC 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2017 at 0:00 PM, entropy said:

The Company in receivership is US Watercraft, LLC

Waterline Group Holdings, Inc  is a separate company and is one of the plaintiffs...

Waterline Systems is part of Waterline Group Holdings, Inc -- not US Watercraft, LLC 

Waterline Systems/Waterline Group Holdings = Randy Borges aka Dunes, the president of USWatercraft

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am trying to order some J80 parts but their website order system does not work and they do not return my phone calls.

I was trying to order J80 bow pulpit, chainplates, and several hundred dollars of other J80 parts.  I finally had to get a local fabricator to duplicate my chain-plates, and he will start work on a bow pulpit replacement soon.

Anyone know where I can get some plastic J80 transom scuppers?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps consider contacting J/Composites in Europe as they are the European Builder of the J/80. I was considering buying a J/80 but if I can't get parts for it maybe it wouldn't be a good idea. Please post if you are able to find parts somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2017 at 3:55 PM, billy backstay said:

There are a metric shit ton of boats and sailors racing around lower Narragansett Bay, that's why..

The boats out there on the best Newport day are probably 10% of the number of boats that are out in Cowes or Garda on a typical Saturday, and Newport is America's shining hope for sailing.  As the Great Pumpkin would say, "SAD".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 11, 2017 at 11:45 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

The boats out there on the best Newport day are probably 10% of the number of boats that are out in Cowes or Garda on a typical Saturday, and Newport is America's shining hope for sailing.  As the Great Pumpkin would say, "SAD".

Or

DEAD!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re-read my post, immediately knew it was wrong, those were July numbers only.  My bad.  Here's the corrected one:

2017 January thru July in the U.S. New Powerboats sold:  173,232 units [production up 3.1% compared to 2016]

2017 January thru July in the U.S. New Sailboats sold: 970 units [production down 37% compared to 2016]

It's easy to see why sailboat makers would shift production over to powerboats if they want to make a living.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see it now, J boats can recycle their old numbers with a "P" at the end for their new overpriced power boat line.  J/24P, then the J/29P, the J/35P and on and on.

You KNOW it has to be coming...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I don't get with all the green armageddon global warming greenhouse gas sea level rising environmental fanatics out there that sailboats don't seem to be better sellers than powerboats.

It's sort of like having the word "hybrid" on your car or putting a little green "e" on your business card (tipped over at an angle, naturally) - doesn't everybody want that image?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DrewR said:

I can see it now, J boats can recycle their old numbers with a "P" at the end for their new overpriced power boat line.  J/24P, then the J/29P, the J/35P and on and on.

You KNOW it has to be coming...

You do know that Johnstones brother owns a Power Boat Builder, right?  :D

 

https://www.mjmyachts.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I do indeed. Been on one.  But it's not a JBOAT.  That was my point you see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DrewR said:

Yes I do indeed. Been on one.  But it's not a JBOAT.  That was my point you see.

Yup.  Maybe when they consolidate in the future.  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FOR IMMEDIATE SALE, BY ORDER OF THE RECEIVER OF US WATERCRAFT, VINCENT A. INDEGLIA.  The Receiver has received an offer to purchase the trademarks, boating lines, engineering, tooling, molds and complete manufacturing process for the True North, C&C, PDQ and J/Boat for a cash purchase in the amount of $620,000.00, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances, with no contingencies and a deposit in the amount of 10% of the purchase price.  Any party seeking to advance an offer for these boating lines may advance an offer by contacting the Receiver’s office at 401-886-9240 or vincent@indeglialaw.com on or before November 3, 2017.  Any interested party may appear before the Rhode Island Superior Court, sitting in and for the County of Providence, at 250 Benefit Street, 3rd Floor Courtroom 5, the Honorable Associate Justice Michael A. Silverstein presiding, to advance a higher or better offer.  If you would like due diligence information pertaining to the sale of these boating lines, please do not hesitate to contact the Receiver’s office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did the PDQ cats get in that bunch. I thought they were built in Annapolis. I must have missed the memo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Greyhound37 said:

How did the PDQ cats get in that bunch. I thought they were built in Annapolis. I must have missed the memo

PDQ Yachts were all built in Whitby Ontario.  When the company closed down the 44' sailboat molds went to Argentina (now built under the Antares label).

The 34' and 42' powercat molds went to TPI.  Don't think anything ever became of them after that...  I'm guessing that's whats included in the US Watercraft inventory.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CriticalPath said:

PDQ Yachts were all built in Whitby Ontario.  When the company closed down the 44' sailboat molds went to Argentina (now built under the Antares label).

The 34' and 42' powercat molds went to TPI.  Don't think anything ever became of them after that...  I'm guessing that's whats included in the US Watercraft inventory.

 

 

I think they may have built one 34 PDQ after the sale but that was it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DJ-Marina said:

FOR IMMEDIATE SALE, BY ORDER OF THE RECEIVER OF US WATERCRAFT, VINCENT A. INDEGLIA.  The Receiver has received an offer to purchase the trademarks, boating lines, engineering, tooling, molds and complete manufacturing process for the True North, C&C, PDQ and J/Boat for a cash purchase in the amount of $620,000.00, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances, with no contingencies and a deposit in the amount of 10% of the purchase price.  Any party seeking to advance an offer for these boating lines may advance an offer by contacting the Receiver’s office at 401-886-9240 or vincent@indeglialaw.com on or before November 3, 2017.  Any interested party may appear before the Rhode Island Superior Court, sitting in and for the County of Providence, at 250 Benefit Street, 3rd Floor Courtroom 5, the Honorable Associate Justice Michael A. Silverstein presiding, to advance a higher or better offer.  If you would like due diligence information pertaining to the sale of these boating lines, please do not hesitate to contact the Receiver’s office.

Looks Like Alerion is not included in the current bid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, forty six & 2 said:

Looks Like Alerion is not included in the current bid.

It is not. The Receiver has received a bid of $55,000 for the Alerion boating line and is willing to entertain any higher and better offers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, crashtestdummy said:

Where do you see what they have received bids on?

Should be posted directly on the US Watercraft website today or tomorrow. Besides that, it's public record in the Court file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2017 at 2:39 PM, DJ-Marina said:

Should be posted directly on the US Watercraft website today or tomorrow. Besides that, it's public record in the Court file.

Got a link? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Auction for sailboats, machinery, equipment, supplies and inventory set for November 11, 2017

Indeglia has retained Salvadore Auctions, Inc. of Narragansett, RI to execute an absolute auction to liquidate all equipment on November 11, 2017 at the Warren, RI facility. Senior Auctioneer and company President Michael Salvadore Jr., a lifelong boat owner and local fisherman, tells Sounding Today that the lots being presented include a wide assortment of woodworking equipment, travel lifts, a Farr 30 and five J/Boats. Some of the sailboats have been restored by US Watercraft. “But, what is amazing is the enormous inventory of marine parts, supplies, anchors, props, boat parts, stainless fasteners and fabrication equipment, such as chopper guns and power tools. This is going to be a super auction that some smart bidders are going to remember for a long time! We’ve got sailboats, some restored, Acme Travel Lift, huge inventory of woodworking equipment, including a CNC Router, plus NEW marine stoves, refrigerators, blade props, feathering props, bow chucks, cleats, stainless steel wire, swagging machines, fenders and so, so much more to sell and it all has to go no matter the price.” Salvadore says this auction will be conducted both live at the auction site in Warren, as well as online with simultaneous bidding. “We always strive to give bidders the opportunity to participate in our auctions.” Salvadore conducts auctions nationwide and annually values over $130,000,000.00 of machinery and equipment. He says this auction just keeps getting bigger and suspects that equipment is reproducing overnight. “Got to say, never seen anything like this, two, three four of everything. Most has never been used.”  Inspection and preview is slated for November 9 and 10 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM and, prior to the auction, on November 11, according to Salvadore’s website www.siaai.com.  The auction is scheduled to begin at 10:00 AM Eastern at US Watercraft, 373 Market Street, Warren, RI.

Catalog for Auction-RECEIVERS SALE OF US WATERCRAFT.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:08 PM, Holokai said:

I am trying to order some J80 parts but their website order system does not work and they do not return my phone calls.

I was trying to order J80 bow pulpit, chainplates, and several hundred dollars of other J80 parts.  I finally had to get a local fabricator to duplicate my chain-plates, and he will start work on a bow pulpit replacement soon.

Anyone know where I can get some plastic J80 transom scuppers?

 

why bother with the scuppers?  Euro boats don't have them.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2017 at 10:42 AM, Raked Aft\\ said:

Addl 18%  + RI Sales tax on hammer price for online buyers... ouch.

wish I could be there live.

Same goes for bidding in person. Buyers premium (18%) + plus sales tax (7%) = 25% added on top of any winning bid.  Your $400 winning bid will require $500 to take it home.

I think 18% is high for a auction like this but no one cares what I think. I've been watching a major railroad machinery auction in NJ and it's currently only 12% plus tx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any Anarchists planning on attending the auction tomorrow?  I had planned on going but my daughter just headed to the hospital to deliver our first grandchild.  I think my wife and I will be taking a trip up to Boston tomorrow to see the new family addition, rather than going to the auction. 

If anyone is going, please pm me so I can ask a favor to be on the lookout for the disposition of where some molds end up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2017 at 9:10 AM, WHK said:

Any Anarchists planning on attending the auction tomorrow?  I had planned on going but my daughter just headed to the hospital to deliver our first grandchild.  I think my wife and I will be taking a trip up to Boston tomorrow to see the new family addition, rather than going to the auction. 

If anyone is going, please pm me so I can ask a favor to be on the lookout for the disposition of where some molds end up.

Congrats on the first grandbaby.  Our 3rd granddaughter was born this past Monday.

Grandkids are god's reward for surviving parenthood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2017 at 10:51 AM, sail69 said:

WHK...sent PM.

Pictures of Baby please...

Granddaughter is here with cute pic attached! 

I'll be at the auction today.  PM me if you want me to check on anything.  I did make it on Thursday too and can confirm that the Alerion line was purchased by Peter Johnstone.  There were no others bidding on the remaining lines.  I also saw the file cabinets with folders for every boat built at TPI/Pearson Composites.  Snapped a photo of my J/109 build file.  Not too much in it that I didn't already know.  The real data is in the old mainframe system.  I'm trying to find out where that is going.  The auctioneer didn't have a clue.  He said J/Boats should have that data.  I spoke to Jeff J and they definitely do not have the builder's build data. 

20171110_101256.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those J boat files, do you think they went way back to the TPI days? Would love to have a copy of my J 40 build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Nirie said:

Those J boat files, do you think they went way back to the TPI days? Would love to have a copy of my J 40 build.

Hull number? I can look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I walked through there yesterday.   It was like going to a wake.  

Two very partially completed Alerion 33s sat side by side whose owners will never see (on top of losing the money paid).

So many beautifully machined parts and molds that I hope will be used again.

Jobs and dreams lost.  Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites