US Watercraft receivership ? (Alerion etc)

53 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I maye of overtreacted theire Petey, Ime am sorrey.                     :)

I understand that you get emotional Jeffie it's OK.

7 hours ago, USA 5184 said:

Looks like the J/29 & J/24 back up for sale on Craigslist. Scam or scrapper bought and now looking to turn around before they have to be out of the yard. Anyone know what they went for? 

J/29: https://providence.craigslist.org/boa/d/29/6383715727.html

J/24: https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/boa/d/24-boat-with-trailer-will/6383710432.html

500 for 29 and 100 for 24

43 minutes ago, butternutz said:

Why the fuck would any sane person write a check to either of those 2 assholes?

Same reason people still have juan k draw boats for them..... people are idiots.

9 minutes ago, basketcase said:

Same reason people still have juan k draw boats for them..... people are idiots.

At a minimum, the  people who write a check to Juan K actually get a boat under their feet...

As far as Borges is concerned, must be nice to find a proxy to buy back one's company for cents on the dollar

51 minutes ago, butternutz said:

At a minimum, the  people who write a check to Juan K actually get a boat under their feet...

For a little while.

I called the number on the Craigslist ads today to ask about the J29. He said he is in the scrap business and bought them for the lead.  Two J22s have been shredded already and the J29 is scheduled for Friday unless it is purchased first. I asked him what was included and he said boat plus mast plus whatever is inside the cabin but he had not looked inside yet. I was skittish about buying sight unseen so I passed.

On 11/12/2017 at 12:09 AM, LotsO'Knots said:

I've heard stories of programs purchasing 3, 4, 5 entire boats (one designs - specifically J70's),

Careful believing what you hear

Guy I know with a boatyard bought some boat stands at the auction, but I heard that a lot of stuff appeared overpriced?

Its not that it was overpriced, just a HUGE turnout of everyone in New England - machine shops, boat builders, contractors, armchair captains, etc. Big turnouts = more bids = higher bids = auctioneer wins.

+1^^^

I bid on some tools but researched before the auction using eBay prices as a comparison.  Most of the stuff I wanted went for more than I could get it on eBay.  There were some small businesses bidding with shopping lists to outfit their shops with decent size lots of tools and supplies who did quite well.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:04 PM, WHK said:

+1^^^

I bid on some tools but researched before the auction using eBay prices as a comparison.  Most of the stuff I wanted went for more than I could get it on eBay.  There were some small businesses bidding with shopping lists to outfit their shops with decent size lots of tools and supplies who did quite well.

I find that happens a lot at well attended auctions. Or you get some guy who's got more balls than brains that wants to outbid the next guy on everything. Everybody loses except the auctioneer as someone already mentioned.

On 11/18/2017 at 8:04 PM, WHK said:

+1^^^

That was me to a T!

On 11/18/2017 at 8:04 PM, WHK said:

.  There were some small businesses bidding with shopping lists to outfit their shops with decent size lots of tools and supplies who did quite well.

Or perhaps it was Waterline Systems bidding for their best tools and supplies to reopen at the new shop?

As we say in the UK, Gordon Bennett!

On 11/15/2017 at 11:56 AM, butternutz said:

As far as Borges is concerned, must be nice to find a proxy to buy back one's company for cents on the dollar

Prescient? or insider knowledge.

9 hours ago, Mambo Kings said:

Or perhaps it was Waterline Systems bidding for their best tools and supplies to reopen at the new shop?

As we say in the UK, Gordon Bennett!

Borges was there bidding.  He bought his Cnc machine back for 25k

On 7/25/2017 at 11:00 AM, 6924 said:

Randy Borges has been in the business for decades. He knows the business extremely well and always had run a first rate & profitable enterprise. The TPI deal was also nil cash - essentially just a big building.  

Therefore, it's surprising to hear this news. 

Biggest cheat I've ever met. Doesn't surprise me one bit