• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dorado

A few simple rules . . .

34 posts in this topic

Ok, this is getting fucking annoying. I  think everyone got the message by now. 

Jfc. . .

Is it just me? Have I turned into a grumpy old man. Am I channeling soak-ed ???

3 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Jfc. . .

Is it just me? Have I turned into a grumpy old man. Am I channeling soak-ed ???

It's just you.

What are you guys talking about?

The fact that ignored members' posts show up when you look at recent posts?

Alles I saide wase Ist notte juste Dorado.                     :)

16 minutes ago, Dorado said:

I don't have anybody on ignore. Should I?

Me at least...... Maybe Snaggs too..... We're bad infuenzas..... He has cattitude, and I'm a known bad flatulence.....

22 minutes ago, Dorado said:

No.  I wondere if you ignorred Undedog woud you stille see it?

7 hours ago, Dorado said:

Ok, this is getting fucking annoying. I  think everyone got the message by now. 

Yep. It wasn't so bad until BJ made it a fucking book!

31 minutes ago, My name is Legion said:

Yep. It wasn't so bad until BJ made it a fucking book!

Ist beene abbreviatted and much bettere.  Thack you.

On 28/07/2017 at 9:09 AM, Snaggletooth said:

No.  I wondere if you ignorred Undedog woud you stille see it?

You can't ignore Admin accounts.

Like the concise edit better.

1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

You can't ignore Admin accounts.

Like the concise edit better.

Adgreede, Ist goode.

On 7/27/2017 at 3:44 PM, Dorado said:

I have a handful....maybe 10 actual people if you subtract the multiple socks for many of them......on ignore. If its somebody I absolutely know has zero worthwhile contributions it simply makes scrolling easier. That is especially true when two of them get into their "oh yeah well so are you" shitfights. Those are reduced to a short series of "you have chosen to ignore" banners. Its a matter of convenience for me.

Maybe we should have a most ignored ranking scoreboard. 

Jeff did something like that with the asshole voting thing.........but I guess that does not directly address the ignore thing. I have one on ignore that is not an asshole..........just absolutely nothing worthwhile is ever offered. From my view anyway.......I'm sure I'm on some ignore list but I've not been advised of that by anyone yet. It's kinda disappointing because I've had the infamous "reading my posts is optional" schtick all cued up and ready to go. So far, no joy.

I would think that randumb and Dabs would be high on the list but there's always plenty of people around to deliver a fuckappleslapping when needed. So I guess they aren't being ignored. 

Apparently I have a morbid fascination with train wrecks.

Relax

Mix a boatdrink

Roll a fattie,  if that's your preference...

But don't take your eye off'em.....

I've long had a thought that we should have a monthly "survivor" like contest.  It would go like this....

• Month (or quarterly) - everyone votes who they think is the biggest douchebag, asshole, stalker, troll, or whatever.  
  • The person with the most negative votes gets an automatic 1 month suspension.  The time out would start making people think about what an ass they've been and maybe get them to tone down their shit.  
  • It would not prevent anyone from being the occasional ass or dick to people.  Just don't be the most consistently worst persona on the forum and you'd be safe.  
  • If you get 3 in a row or 6 in a 12 month period - you would be permanently banned.
  • If you come back as a sock during your suspension, the sock and all of its owner's handles would also get permanently banned.
  • I would have a separate vote for the Sailing forums and the Non-sailing forums since they seem to be mostly two complete separate groups with a few overlaps.  

Again the intent wouldn't be to stifle free speech or make the forums watered down.  But if over the course of 30, at the end you are voted as the biggest dick by your peers, then you are probably not contributing much to the community and your temporary absence will not be missed.  

I recall BJ saying there was some kind of "reputation" setting that could be turned on.  Maybe that could be used as the voting mechanism.  But it would need to be reset each month to start the new period.  

We could have a big ceremony at the end of each month to see who gets voted off the island.  

Thoughts?  Feel free to tweak the rules or add suggestions......

Would not be good for you JB.

3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I've long had a thought that we should have a monthly "survivor" like contest.  It would go like this....

• Month (or quarterly) - everyone votes who they think is the biggest douchebag, asshole, stalker, troll, or whatever.  
  • The person with the most negative votes gets an automatic 1 month suspension.  The time out would start making people think about what an ass they've been and maybe get them to tone down their shit.  
  • It would not prevent anyone from being the occasional ass or dick to people.  Just don't be the most consistently worst persona on the forum and you'd be safe.  
  • If you get 3 in a row or 6 in a 12 month period - you would be permanently banned.
  • If you come back as a sock during your suspension, the sock and all of its owner's handles would also get permanently banned.
  • I would have a separate vote for the Sailing forums and the Non-sailing forums since they seem to be mostly two complete separate groups with a few overlaps.  

Again the intent wouldn't be to stifle free speech or make the forums watered down.  But if over the course of 30, at the end you are voted as the biggest dick by your peers, then you are probably not contributing much to the community and your temporary absence will not be missed.  

I recall BJ saying there was some kind of "reputation" setting that could be turned on.  Maybe that could be used as the voting mechanism.  But it would need to be reset each month to start the new period.  

We could have a big ceremony at the end of each month to see who gets voted off the island.  

Thoughts?  Feel free to tweak the rules or add suggestions......

There is a whole reputation system. It allows things like restricting privileges of low rep users, etc.

Won't work just for PA though. There are assholes in other sub forums you all have never even met. 

Popular vote doesnt make sense,  you can get banned by one vote in a pluralitu and get dicked. Now a single user receiving 60% plus of the votes...

18 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

There is a whole reputation system. It allows things like restricting privileges of low rep users, etc.

Won't work just for PA though. There are assholes in other sub forums you all have never even met. 

Popular vote doesnt make sense,  you can get banned by one vote in a pluralitu and get dicked. Now a single user receiving 60% plus of the votes...

Hmmm, maybe we could do a popular vote and then do a run off of the top two if someone doesn't get to at least a 50% majority.

While the site allows multi nicks that would be pointless. How many socks do you think Gouv is running? The hide button for OPs is another coward's loop hole.

21 hours ago, random said:

Would not be good for you JB.

Oh, Trust me randumb/fuckapple.... as long as you are around, I'm pretty confident I won't be in any danger of getting voted off the island.  Just saying.

2 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Oh, Trust me randumb/fuckapple.... as long as you are around, I'm pretty confident I won't be in any danger of getting voted off the island.  Just saying.

Uh Huh ...

filing-nails-at-work-300x250.jpg

Runningdumb, the tribe has spoken. Time for you to go. Richard Hatch is looking for his cub.

Would it not be sufficient to only see the message when you open GA,PA,AC . . . Etc.

Does it have to be on every single thread? 

13 hours ago, Dorado said:

Would it not be sufficient to only see the message when you open GA,PA,AC . . . Etc.

Does it have to be on every single thread? 

It's a global announcement. A feature that they fucked up in the new release IMHO. 

I still think a simpler system would be to have the number of people who have you on ignore to be displayed under where the number of posts you have made.

When someone is being a fuck-apple and their "number that have this user on ignore" goes up it can become like a vote, it's human nature to put someone ignore that most of the other users have too.

And the fuck-apple can also see that nobody is reading their shit anyway and hopefully give up.

3 minutes ago, floating dutchman said:

I still think a simpler system would be to have the number of people who have you on ignore to be displayed under where the number of posts you have made.

When someone is being a fuck-apple and their "number that have this user on ignore" goes up it can become like a vote, it's human nature to put someone ignore that most of the other users have too.

And the fuck-apple can also see that nobody is reading their shit anyway and hopefully give up.

This would work, LorD oF The FoIlS would be gone in no time, perfect, less clutter to fuck up otherwise interesting threads.

Maybe when your "Ignore count" hits a certain number you are just flicked automatically as its clear no one wants to hear your opinion. Maybe in DouG's case that number should be about 2.