• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bgytr

gotta love sanctuary cities

406 posts in this topic

Just now, Gouvernail said:

It is traditional in PA to only read and process those statements that contribute to the reader's pre-established position. 

No truer words have ever been spoken here.

Just now, Shootist Jeff said:

No truer words have ever been spoken here.

I just quoted your statement because it agrees with what I thought before I read what you wrote about agreeing with what I wrote about agreeing with what we find is agreeable and available here. 

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

You would understand if you bothered to read more than you project.  I've written numerous novels about what I think about the people already here and what we should do with them and how to move forward.  If you would rather mind read and ascribe positions to me that don't exist. fill yer boots.

In the meantime, I'm going to start calling you "projection" steamer.  I'm not the only one here who has called you out on this.  Maybe time to look in a mirror....  Just saying.

I read what you wrote.

Just sayin

-DSK

11 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:
13 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

You would understand if you bothered to read more than you project.  I've written numerous novels about what I think about the people already here and what we should do with them and how to move forward.  If you would rather mind read and ascribe positions to me that don't exist. fill yer boots.

In the meantime, I'm going to start calling you "projection" steamer.  I'm not the only one here who has called you out on this.  Maybe time to look in a mirror....  Just saying.

I read what you wrote.

Just sayin

-DSK

Oh yeah?  What did I say then that you think is so bad?  I have clearly and numerously said that we need to deal with the people already here.  It doesn't mean I like it and it doesn't mean I'm going to kiss their ass and thank them for sneaking into my country.  If I were in charge, I would deal with the situation in a pragmatic way and its not pragmatic to deport 13 million people.  So it is what it is.  I would give them legal status and allow them to continue working and living in the US.  They can then apply for citizenship like everyone else, starting at the back of the line.  If they don't like that, then they can GTFO.  In the meantime, It doesn't stop them from being ILLEGAL until that changes.  And if they get caught breaking any further laws or come into contact with LEO and end up deported, then too fucking bad.  

Back to the topic of the thread re sanctuary cities.  I don't not want local LEO hunting down illegals and asking every brown person on the street for their papers.  They have more important things to do.  However, IF they end up with an illegal alien in custody for some other reason and its determined that they are here illegally - I do expect them to call ICE and ask what they want to do with them.  If ICE says they will come pick them up - then great.  That's one less meal the local jail has to buy on the city's dime.  If ICE says they're not interested, then so be it.  But cities who's mayor specifically forbids LEO to work with ICE - then I absolutely think their federal $$ should get cut off and I think the FedGov has every right to do so.  Its absolutely no different than the Feds threatening to cut off funding to schools who violate title IX over the whole tranny bathroom issue.  You guys can't have it both ways.

5 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Oh yeah?  What did I say then that you think is so bad?  I have clearly and numerously said that we need to deal with the people already here.  It doesn't mean I like it and it doesn't mean I'm going to kiss their ass and thank them for sneaking into my country.  If I were in charge, I would deal with the situation in a pragmatic way and its not pragmatic to deport 13 million people.  So it is what it is.  I would give them legal status and allow them to continue working and living in the US.  They can then apply for citizenship like everyone else, starting at the back of the line.  If they don't like that, then they can GTFO.  In the meantime, It doesn't stop them from being ILLEGAL until that changes.  And if they get caught breaking any further laws or come into contact with LEO and end up deported, then too fucking bad.  

Back to the topic of the thread re sanctuary cities.  I don't not want local LEO hunting down illegals and asking every brown person on the street for their papers.  They have more important things to do.  However, IF they end up with an illegal alien in custody for some other reason and its determined that they are here illegally - I do expect them to call ICE and ask what they want to do with them.  If ICE says they will come pick them up - then great.  That's one less meal the local jail has to buy on the city's dime.  If ICE says they're not interested, then so be it.  But cities who's mayor specifically forbids LEO to work with ICE - then I absolutely think their federal $$ should get cut off and I think the FedGov has every right to do so.  Its absolutely no different than the Feds threatening to cut off funding to schools who violate title IX over the whole tranny bathroom issue.  You guys can't have it both ways.

maybe It's just late, but these two statements seem somewhat contradictory..or did you mean the bit in red literally...like getting a jay walking citation?

7 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

...     ...    ...  However, IF they end up with an illegal alien in custody for some other reason and its determined that they are here illegally - I do expect them to call ICE and ask what they want to do with them.

For punishment, got it.

How is local law enforcement supposed to determine who is ILLEGAL? By the way they look? This is fuckin' America, I don't have my proof of citizenship papers on me at all times when I leave the house. Perhaps you have lived elsewhere for long enough to have forgotten that part.

-DSK