Flags

Best Race of the Series

If you could only watch one race of the whole regatta, which one would you watch? Im thinking one of the ART - ETNZ, but wondered about the thoughts of others?

The first day we saw ETNZ in the really light conditions, those tacks those magnificient tacks!

It was that feeling of knowing you were watching a sailboat do something that up until that moment you would have sworn was impossible!

Japan vs. Artemis when the boats were disintegrating (6-June?). Two hellish races, fantastic sailing/boat handling skills by Deano (and the others too, coming back to shore alive).

Yeah, I agree. The windy day was a cracker. Really hard work for the sailors and you could see it. That and the next race after the Septics had a win in the finals. 

4 hours ago, Terrorvision said:

None stand out except for the final of the Red Bull youth race. 

Did rudder post the RBYAC?

15 minutes ago, Swanno said:

Yeah, I agree. The windy day was a cracker. Really hard work for the sailors and you could see it. That and the next race after the Septics had a win in the finals. 

Just watched that one again, pretty amazing

The third race when the Kooka's had the lead after the start and a failed luff zipper, then DC worked his way around them when the Kooka's tried the slam dunk.

Oh, wait...you mean this AC.

14 hours ago, ~HHN92~ said:

The third race when the Kooka's had the lead after the start and a failed luff zipper, then DC worked his way around them when the Kooka's tried the slam dunk.

Oh, wait...you mean this AC.

Really? That one? Would the last race of 83 Trump that??

18 hours ago, Flags said:

Really? That one? Would the last race of 83 Trump that??

That one breaks my heart too much still, every time I see AII cross the line and that puff of blue smoke.

10 hours ago, damagesmith said:

Race 1 AC when it was clear ETNZ had the quicker boat

Nah. We'd seen it all before in AC34, remember.

In AC35, the best race was the last race. Then, I could dump that 'greatest comeback in the history of sport crap' once and for all time.