Recommended Posts

This really hurts, but thank you Chicago. I really like that both teams found a way to respectfully carry on the movement. I still want GB to win tonight, but I’ll recognize classy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Monkey said:

This really hurts, but thank you Chicago. I really like that both teams found a way to respectfully carry on the movement. I still want GB to win tonight, but I’ll recognize classy. 

I agree with that....well most all of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Monkey said:

I feel much better now that I can laugh at the fumble festival. 

I don’t expect it to get better tonight........unless they pull Glennon.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boltman appears to be OK now and moving on.   Poorly handled by Spanos and his CSC lackeys, the situation remains tense around Stub. 

For us new fans I gotta say I feel like an illegal alien amongst the longtimer Bolt fans.    No one wants us (save for our money).   When will this end?   Can't we all just watch football and leave the political b.s. to asswipe Trump and his hustlers?

http://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/forum/los-angeles-chargers-forum-nfl-forum-padres-forum/the-los-angeles-chargers-forum/413370-welcome-to-the-original-boltman

KKNem0Z.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blunderfull said:

Boltman appears to be OK now and moving on.   Poorly handled by Spanos and his CSC lackeys, the situation remains tense around Stub. 

For us new fans I gotta say I feel like an illegal alien amongst the longtimer Bolt fans.    No one wants us (save for our money).   When will this end?   Can't we all just watch football and leave the political b.s. to asswipe Trump and his hustlers?

 

wait till the RAIDER Masked Fans come back to town

having a history of wearing their masks too

you got the Fucking Sucking chargers so help them with their Baggage 

even spanos is being copied

Image result for dickman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Somebody please ask me what I think about the Dolphins' execution.  Please.  

So...how about those 'fins?

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WE'RE NOT WINLESS AND IN LAST PLACE ANYMORE!!!

 

OK, it was just the Browns, who would get their asses kicked if the Little Sisters of the Poor fielded a senior Powderpuff team.
 

But give me my moment.

P.S. 3:00 AM is a stupid time to schedule football games.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2017 at 1:28 PM, blunderfull said:

Boltman appears to be OK now and moving on.   Poorly handled by Spanos and his CSC lackeys, the situation remains tense around Stub. 

For us new fans I gotta say I feel like an illegal alien amongst the longtimer Bolt fans.    No one wants us (save for our money).   When will this end?   Can't we all just watch football and leave the political b.s. to asswipe Trump and his hustlers?

http://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/forum/los-angeles-chargers-forum-nfl-forum-padres-forum/the-los-angeles-chargers-forum/413370-welcome-to-the-original-boltman

KKNem0Z.jpg

Wants others to avoid politics in his sport. Takes political cheapshot while doing so. Dickhead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Image may contain: 1 person, closeup
Kevin Lunt

Los Angeles, CA (AP)- A seven-year old boy was at the center of a Los Angeles courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.
The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.
After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Los Angeles Chargers, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Who?

Your nfl team

That Sucks

 

 

ASS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LAC@Giants.

Joey B & Melvin work over Manning & a poor OL.

Chargers 31-17 Giants.

#17PR goes 35-52, 340 yds & 4 TDs.......because he can.  Still.

Where's the love Dago?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, blunderfull said:

 

FIFY

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is driving me crazy. The only owner I ever hated as much as I hated as much as Al Davis of the Raiders, is Jerry Jones. Then he goes out and impresses me. I alwys felt that the anthem protests were wrong and that as business owners the NFL could do something about it. Jerry, good on ya.

 

WL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, White Lightnin' said:

It is driving me crazy. The only owner I ever hated as much as I hated as much as Al Davis of the Raiders, is Jerry Jones. Then he goes out and impresses me. I alwys felt that the anthem protests were wrong and that as business owners the NFL could do something about it. Jerry, good on ya.

 

WL

He's keeping the uppity in check but not opposing offences. I feel for the poor Cowboy fans. 2 and 3? They are entitled to so very much more...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its been a strange year according to the records. All the hyped pre season favorites are tanking and the unknowns are climbing.

On the whole protest thing. I absolutely support the right of the players to demonstrate. On their own time. I watch football for entertainment and I don't find the protests entertaining, so I don't watch. Cowboys, Dolphins and some others, quietly, are recognizing this and making a change. It seems that its already a rough year ratings wise and the protests are not helping that.

WL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for chargers beat ny giants

 

Melvin (100+yds) and the ground game showed up.   Big diff as #17PR & receivers had more room in the middle of the field.   Giants lost top three receivers and what looks like a lost season just fell thru the bottom of the bottom. The Swamp Battle weren't pretty but a W is a W.  

At Oakland next week.   Bolts got a chance to steal one from the Dark Side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my Bears won yesterday but it was an ugly game. Trubisky has a way to go as a QB and he needs a few receivers with hands not made of plastic. I am not sure if a win is good in the long run. 

IMHO the best thing that could happen would be for them to suck this year so coach Fox gets fired and we have another high pick in the draft, hopefully a decent receiver. 

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect 49er game. Trot out the 2nd string QB who rallies the team to get a RCH away from a win, and lose, thereby protecting their draft status for next year. 

Only team, ever, to lose 5 in a row by 3 or less points.

 

How bout those cal bears?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2017 at 11:59 AM, DA-WOODY said:

nfl - DTS

RIP

cO3mukR.png

It isn't the same game it was 30 years ago. Just a bunch of babies now involved. No passion or love of the game from the players. 

Fuck em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rum Runner said:

So my Bears won yesterday but it was an ugly game. Trubisky has a way to go as a QB and he needs a few receivers with hands not made of plastic. I am not sure if a win is good in the long run. 

IMHO the best thing that could happen would be for them to suck this year so coach Fox gets fired and we have another high pick in the draft, hopefully a decent receiver. 

Thoughts?

Yeah, I can't figure out whether its Fox, Pace or a combo but finally on track to find a franchise QB and perhaps its Trubisky. I mean......30 QB's in 25 years.....seriously.......Don't know if its him yet but if he doesn't get the snaps we won't know so I'm glad to see that finally starting to happen. I think Glennon is a good backup QB but given the contract they gave him, to pick up the option years seems a little expensive for a backup. I guess we'll see how that pans out. "D" looks really strong and glad to see Fuller get a second chance...he is a hitter! Wide outs............well, we know where the draft and trade focus needs to be. What a disappointment that White kid turns out to be. Can't stay healthy. Anyway, I'm perfectly happy to have them play Trubisky and continue his development without regard to W/L this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Point Break said:

Yeah, I can't figure out whether its Fox, Pace or a combo but finally on track to find a franchise QB and perhaps its Trubisky. I mean......30 QB's in 25 years.....seriously.......Don't know if its him yet but if he doesn't get the snaps we won't know so I'm glad to see that finally starting to happen. I think Glennon is a good backup QB but given the contract they gave him, to pick up the option years seems a little expensive for a backup. I guess we'll see how that pans out. "D" looks really strong and glad to see Fuller get a second chance...he is a hitter! Wide outs............well, we know where the draft and trade focus needs to be. What a disappointment that White kid turns out to be. Can't stay healthy. Anyway, I'm perfectly happy to have them play Trubisky and continue his development without regard to W/L this year. 

I agree with you PB as long as the offensive line keeps Trubisky healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rum Runner said:

I agree with you PB as long as the offensive line keeps Trubisky healthy. 

Never was a truer word spoken...........its a above average O line if they stay healthy.....which is questionable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting ready for the game this weekend. We got flexed, so I don't have to get up at 3:00 AM to watch. Yee-haw, I get to sleep 'til it's light.

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not one comment about the Raider's incredible finish to beat the Queefs last night? Raider fans may adopt the penalty flag as their Terrible Towel. 

 I had thought better of y'all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe someone who knows the rules better then I do can explain. Why when the Raiders were called with a OPI with 1 second left. Why wasn't there a 10 second run off and game over? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chinabald said:

Maybe someone who knows the rules better then I do can explain. Why when the Raiders were called with a OPI with 1 second left. Why wasn't there a 10 second run off and game over? 

WAG: Incomplete pass stops the clock. It would be fair to roll off ten when the penalty, and only that, stopped the clock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mark K said:

WAG: Incomplete pass stops the clock. It would be fair to roll off ten when the penalty, and only that, stopped the clock. 

But he caught the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, chinabald said:

But he caught the ball. 

Negated by OPI. If the result of him catching the ball were to stand the ten-second run-off would be OK by the Raiders. They get a TD and by rule are allowed to go for an extra point with no time on the clock. 

  Btw, If I were writing the rules a TD would be worth seven points. That standard extra point kick is silly, as is the whole concept of "extra points". However, if we must have them, then you get the option of making that either eight or six, depending on the result of one conventional play from the two yard line.

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the nfl is no better than the WWW

any chance of faking sum plays/calls to get sum fans by letting teams that SUCK ...win

what's the odds of both LA teams who are without LOVE Acing their opponents

it's just a show folks

chargers will SUCK

It's what they do 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Thoughts on Alonzo’s hit on Flacco?

I think QB's push their slide protection to the last nano second. When a DB is trying to stop a first down and you're both in an all out sprint for the same spot...and at the last second the QB slides "don't hit me"......I know I ran just like a running back only slower but my last nano second slide is protected. Or, I could fool you and not slide and get that extra yard. Don't want to get hit......don't run.....

Jack Lambert said they oughta make them wear dresses...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Point Break said:

I think QB's push their slide protection to the last nano second. When a DB is trying to stop a first down and you're both in an all out sprint for the same spot...and at the last second the QB slides "don't hit me"......I know I ran just like a running back only slower but my last nano second slide is protected. Or, I could fool you and not slide and get that extra yard. Don't want to get hit......don't run.....

Jack Lambert said they oughta make them wear dresses...........

If he appeared to even attempt to mitigate the hit when Flacco started the slide - okay.  But, he didn't.  Adjusted for the lower hit as Joe went to the ground.  The forearm/shoulder to the head was a nice finishing touch.

Then, there was Suh grabbing the backup QB by the throat.  Gave a bullshit reason.

Hopefully they see a bit of their paycheck getting socked.  Maybe sit them for a bit.  It's not Suh's first time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Thoughts on Alonzo’s hit on Flacco?

Flacco is the worst sliding QB in the NFL. He owns that one. Most QB's will slide early enough to avoid it and get low in the process. No way a DB can make that kind of split second judgment. Nor should they. Its football. Not ballet. Defensive players are coached and practice to hit the opponent and knock them down. Asking them to overcome the training and practice and make a split second decision on where to aim to hit a player is not reasonable.

Suh on the other hand deserves a suspension

 

WL

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the next decade of my life will once again be about mediocrity....no number 1 QB,   same shit different season....

 

the ONE FUCKING SEASON I WISHED UPON ALL WISES THAT MY TEAM WOULD JUST LOSE WE GO OUT THERE AND GIVE IT OUR ALL.  Fuck you Jets............for looking  halfway decent..............the franchise is cursed.    While a team like the Giants may very well get the next stud QB and go on to be a dominant force for the next 10 years, win one or two more Super Bowls,  our own Super Bowles will have given us Jets fans nothing to root for over the next few seasons...  my guess is that the Jets will have Eli manning, Drew Brees  or  some other has been under center next year   ....................fuck me sideways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best part of this season is probably TD celebrations.... potato-sack race, rock 'em-sock 'em robots, etc.    We need a best-of show !

 

Another comical note... the Eagles scored so much, the stadium ran out of fireworks.  First time for everything.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad about the cheeseheads....................:lol:

They're so bad without Rodgers that my Bears might even beat them next week...............

Poor cheeseheads.................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Point Break said:

Too bad about the cheeseheads....................:lol:

They're so bad without Rodgers that my Bears might even beat them next week...............

Poor cheeseheads.................

First off...  Bite me. 

Unfortunately, you’re right. Without Rodgers to hide the flaws, GB is weak. They show moments of getting their shit back together, then fall on their face over and over. Now with Bulaga hurt as well, this season’s basically screwed. We’ll be back though. 

Still had fun at the game though. First time I ever had tickets that let me go up to the restricted terrace on the roof of the joint. Sort of made the night better...

BE28F637-C06D-4042-8109-27B0A42035A2.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Monkey said:

First off...  Bite me. 

Unfortunately, you’re right. Without Rodgers to hide the flaws, GB is weak. They show moments of getting their shit back together, then fall on their face over and over. Now with Bulaga hurt as well, this season’s basically screwed. We’ll be back though. 

Still had fun at the game though. First time I ever had tickets that let me go up to the restricted terrace on the roof of the joint. Sort of made the night better...

BE28F637-C06D-4042-8109-27B0A42035A2.jpeg

So.....first - "bite me" is absolutely the appropriate response to my post if you're a cheesehead. Much appreciation for the sentiment and gave me a BIG smile. My best buddy's wife (who is actually among the "best buddy list as well") is a cheesehead (lifelong) and her husband is a Lions fan (lifelong). I had immense fun texting them Monday night!!! She is too polite to say bite me" but it was clear (much to my happiness) that she was hating life......

Second - you were at the game?! Games at Lambeau are fun stuff. Great stadium....second best in the NFC North. :P I've been to a handful of Packer/Bear games there over the years (although not in a long long time) and enjoyed them all. Even saw Starr, Taylor and Hornung against Sayers and Butkus in their rookie year.......65? I think it was....which the cheeseheads lost BTW. 

Third - now if we can do something about Jordy.....hit by a bus or something......I'll feel a lot better about this Sunday. I do think GB is weak on run defense so perhaps the Jordan/Cohen tandem can do some damage. Damndest thing.....when it comes to that rivalry......you can never tell and W/L has very little to do with the outcome.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Point Break said:

So.....first - "bite me" is absolutely the appropriate response to my post if you're a cheesehead. Much appreciation for the sentiment and gave me a BIG smile. My best buddy's wife (who is actually among the "best buddy list as well") is a cheesehead (lifelong) and her husband is a Lions fan (lifelong). I had immense fun texting them Monday night!!! She is too polite to say bite me" but it was clear (much to my happiness) that she was hating life......

Second - you were at the game?! Games at Lambeau are fun stuff. Great stadium....second best in the NFC North. :P I've been to a handful of Packer/Bear games there over the years (although not in a long long time) and enjoyed them all. Even saw Starr, Taylor and Hornung against Sayers and Butkus in their rookie year.......65? I think it was....which the cheeseheads lost BTW. 

Third - now if we can do something about Jordy.....hit by a bus or something......I'll feel a lot better about this Sunday. I do think GB is weak on run defense so perhaps the Jordan/Cohen tandem can do some damage. Damndest thing.....when it comes to that rivalry......you can never tell and W/L has very little to do with the outcome.

 

Yeah, I’m born and raised Wisconsin, so Cheesehead. 

I’m also a realist. It’s not Jordy that’s a threat next week, it’s Cobb. Whether it’s McCarthy or Huntley that can’t sort things out (I think it’s McCarthy), the deep threat is gone. Cobb excels as that warm, fuzzy blanket known as the five yard pass that goes for twenty. Unfortunately, every defensive coordinator knows this too. 

I‎t kills me to say I‎t, but if I had to put money on the game, I’d be betting Chicago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at you guys lamenting mediocre seasons. The niners are aiming for perfection this season...

unkike a jets team that may be able to use a number 1 QB pick, the niners will f theirs up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2017 at 5:36 PM, Raz'r said:

Look at you guys lamenting mediocre seasons. The niners are aiming for perfection this season...

unkike a jets team that may be able to use a number 1 QB pick, the niners will f theirs up.

:lol:

I know the feeling.................30 QB's in 25 years..............I know the feeling.................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2017 at 8:36 PM, Raz'r said:

Look at you guys lamenting mediocre seasons. The niners are aiming for perfection this season...

unkike a jets team that may be able to use a number 1 QB pick, the niners will f theirs up.

Big deal, Owen 16 already has been achieved.

The Lions plan a parade if they can achieve mediocre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If my Seahawks go to the desert tonight and lay an egg, I will be in the same boat as you guys and preying for draft picks. The loss last week to the redskins was a painful game to watch.

 

WL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, White Lightnin' said:

If my Seahawks go to the desert tonight and lay an egg, I will be in the same boat as you guys and preying for draft picks. The loss last week to the redskins was a painful game to watch.

 

WL

O for fucksakes....here's pain: 

 

 

 

 ...like a princess who can detect a pea under fifty mattresses, you are. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Mark K said:

O for fucksakes....here's pain: 

 

 

 

 ...like a princess who can detect a pea under fifty mattresses, you are. 

 

I love how the niners are planning on keeping their new franchise QB off the field. Hey, if you're gonna get a high draft pic, might as well GO-ALL-THE-WAY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just loving how this thread has become a support group for all us fans watching our teams go down in flames!  

I almost feel obligated to stand up in front of the group and say “hi, my name is Dan, and I’m addicted to football.”  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monkey said:

I’m just loving how this thread has become a support group for all us fans watching our teams go down in flames!  

I almost feel obligated to stand up in front of the group and say “hi, my name is Dan, and I’m addicted to football.”  

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The media is having a field day with Shermans injury. I actually think it might not be that bad. No doubt is a leader and pro bowl corner. But we have some young talent in Griffith and Thorpe and Lane is serviceable. Next week against the Falcons on Monday night will tell the tale. If these young guys can hold their own against Julio Jones and company, we will be ok.

We should be getting Earl Thomas back by then and O line gets Luke Joekel back. All very needed.

 

Hawks lost 9 players to injury last night which reignites the debate about Thursday night games. Many players want to do away with them due to injuries sustained form not having a full week to heal. I wonder if it will get any traction.

 

WL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was nice to see Walsh kicking better, after the Redskins game their were some rumblings, one of my nephews opined that he was out of here, nonsense of course, my wife had a more basic take on it after the 2nd miss when she said "we need a new kicker" & when I pointed out that was unlikely she flabbergasted me with a "why" it seems she thought it was simply a matter of going to the "free kicker store" for a different guy!

Not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer the poor old gal, years ago when were watching a para-Olympics event she asked me if the competitors needed wheelchairs all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, White Lightnin' said:

The media is having a field day with Shermans injury. I actually think it might not be that bad. No doubt is a leader and pro bowl corner. But we have some young talent in Griffith and Thorpe and Lane is serviceable. Next week against the Falcons on Monday night will tell the tale. If these young guys can hold their own against Julio Jones and company, we will be ok.

We should be getting Earl Thomas back by then and O line gets Luke Joekel back. All very needed.

 

Hawks lost 9 players to injury last night which reignites the debate about Thursday night games. Many players want to do away with them due to injuries sustained form not having a full week to heal. I wonder if it will get any traction.

 

WL

Too bad they don't have teams play on Thursdays after a bye week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slap said:

Too bad they don't have teams play on Thursdays after a bye week.  

One of the things being talked about on espn radio this morning was a "second" bi week. Where you play on Thursday night after your bi. With 32 teams and 1 weeks though, you could match up the schedule now to allow for Thursday night games after the Bi.

 

WL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, White Lightnin' said:

The media is having a field day with Shermans injury. I actually think it might not be that bad. No doubt is a leader and pro bowl corner. But we have some young talent in Griffith and Thorpe and Lane is serviceable. Next week against the Falcons on Monday night will tell the tale. If these young guys can hold their own against Julio Jones and company, we will be ok.

We should be getting Earl Thomas back by then and O line gets Luke Joekel back. All very needed.

 

Hawks lost 9 players to injury last night which reignites the debate about Thursday night games. Many players want to do away with them due to injuries sustained form not having a full week to heal. I wonder if it will get any traction.

 

WL

May they deem those neon green uniforms unlucky and burn them as well. Fugly game last night, no doubt about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After another atrocious give-away to the Jags I’m considering putting Bolt’s support on hold and heading back to Patriots.

Charger’s have been in 32 games decided by 8 pts or less since 2015 season.  Record in those games:  9-23.    

Typical Hoody move:  Earlier this week Martellus Bennet waived by Packets amidst a bunch of flaming between  Packers F.O./ agent about shoulder “issues.”  Couple days later he’s back with Pats and pounding out 27 yds. on a short dump from Brady.

I’m watching this saying: what?  Is that Martellus Bennett?

Crazy how sharp that organization continues to be.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Who will win this battle?  Goodell or Jones?

Goodell will win but the committee is crazy to give him an extension with 18 months left on his current contract. Attendance is down, “kneeling protests” haven’t been addressed one way or the other, concussion issues are a big deal, etc. 

$50m and a private jet?  Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Thoughts on tonight’s game?

My Iggles or their ‘Boys?

With the iggles sitting in the cat bird seat in the NFC, I have to root for the Cowgirls to pull an upset. But I don't think they have a snowballs chance in hell. Eagles are legit this year and with their schedule for the remainder of the year, they should have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.  Barring any "shoot themselves in the foot" games.

:P

 

WL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brett the Second needs to extend the winning streak to 2.....

Jamaal Williams needs to channel Jamaal Charles.....

And the defense needs to show up on time....

Go Pack

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Thoughts on tonight’s game?

My Iggles or their ‘Boys?

Hate to admit it but I think the beagles are a lock. My Cowboys were thin to start with and injuries and suspensions means they will be unlikely to get a wild card slot.  I’m guessing eagles by 10 tonight and I’ll turn it off around halftime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Hate to admit it but I think the beagles are a lock. My Cowboys were thin to start with and injuries and suspensions means they will be unlikely to get a wild card slot.  I’m guessing eagles by 10 tonight and I’ll turn it off around halftime. 

At halftime, things weren’t looking too good for Philadelphia. Start hot and cool off.

What a second half!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2017 at 11:36 AM, Raz'r said:

Look at you guys lamenting mediocre seasons. The niners are aiming for perfection this season...

unkike a jets team that may be able to use a number 1 QB pick, the niners will f theirs up.

So my team stumbled to a win today, which I was reminded several times during the game (like about 50) means they are still, technically, in contention for a wild card spot.

JFC, do we even WANT that at this point? It's a weak team with an O-Line that can barely push a door open for a little old lady with a bag of groceries, never mind open up a lane for a running back.

If they end up backing into a wild card, I'm just not sure I can stand another whole week of "It's been X many years/weeks/hours/times since the Bengals won in the postseason, can they break the curse/streak/fuckery" before the game, followed by the inevitable bullshit afterward when the paper tiger that they are inevitably collapses and hands away the game in the 4th quarter.

I mean, winning is better than losing but I was half hoping they'd lose so we could just stick a fork in this horror of a season and I could stop getting up in the middle of the night to watch the damned games*.

 

 

* OK, today's game was at 7:25 a.m. because it was in Denver; they're usually at 4AM now. But it's not like I'm busting into the brews at that hour. Football needs beer and nachos, not coffee and cornflakes FFS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, you're in luck! You can cheer on the Seahawks! ;)

 

Its going to be a real test for some young players in the secondary to step up and try and stop Matt Ryan and Julio from shredding the defense. Atlantas D was eating the Cowboys lunch all day last week. I am not optimistic about this makeshift O line holding up. Russell will be in for a long night unless he gets on his bike early. Fast crossing routes to the tight ends are about our only hope. I mean like 2 to 2.5 seconds fast.

 

WL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

At halftime, things weren’t looking too good for Philadelphia. Start hot and cool off.

What a second half!

Yeah.  I went away for a while after halftime and turned it on again with about 12 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  Quickly turned it back off and went to bed.  Dallas' party is over this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2017 at 9:22 PM, Point Break said:

Nothing wrong with asking. Didn’t he also ask for lifetime medical for him and his kids or something like that?

That was what I heard. Fitty mill a year...and the guy wants free health insurance. Never thought I'd say this but go Jerry Jones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, White Lightnin' said:

Well, you're in luck! You can cheer on the Seahawks! ;)

 

Its going to be a real test for some young players in the secondary to step up and try and stop Matt Ryan and Julio from shredding the defense. Atlantas D was eating the Cowboys lunch all day last week. I am not optimistic about this makeshift O line holding up. Russell will be in for a long night unless he gets on his bike early. Fast crossing routes to the tight ends are about our only hope. I mean like 2 to 2.5 seconds fast.

 

WL

That Graham is a beast. Still.....go Falcons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly the Seattle D is not what it once was, nice that it was getting interesting at the end & so damn close to tying it up! Gruden kept harping on the penalties & probably rightly so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites