So, is anyone else gonna watch the Packers get schooled by the hated Miniscrotum BiQueens?

A couple of boat drinks and a couple of puffs of Humbolt County's finest and I'm ready for some footsballs....

I made crockpot chili, cornbread and opened a 2010 Justin Isosceles Cab, fired up the heat massage in the recliner and I’m settled in for a Skol Vikings night.......I hope.

16 minutes ago, White Lightnin' said:

what kind of angle did you have to work to get that bottle?

:)

WL

Oh WL......I have lots of wine.......lots. ;)

missed the SDSU game by 3 hrs

looks like they missed 3/4 of the clock

Sports Commentary after the Sat Night Game was a ROAST of LA Wankers

They were Not nice f

They beat up the ramz then proclaimed they were leaps and bounds above the Fucking s

And No One likes either, Fans of opposing teams are alone save for those w free team givaway seats and those are few

that was as much football as I could take

1 hour ago, DA-WOODY said:

They were Not nice f

They beat up the ramz then proclaimed they were leaps and bounds above the Fucking s

And No One likes either, Fans of opposing teams are alone save for those w free team givaway seats and those are few

Can someone try to translate this?

1 hour ago, DA-WOODY said:

They were Not nice f

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

if you dont know about the LA situation ya wont get that part 

then there is this

Time of possession: Army, 46:00; SDSU, 14:00
by ShermanOaksND (2017-12-23 20:54:50)

In reply to: Nice game Army. *  posted by pasteven

Offensive plays: Army, 91; SDSU, 31. Army had as many first downs (31) as SDSU had total plays. And yet Army needed a TD and 2PC with 0:18 left to go ahead to stay. They added a defensive TD on the last play to make the final 42-35.

© NDNation 2017

Questions or Comments? Contact Site Management

NDNation is in no way affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by the University of Notre Dame.
Contents of posts represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for post contents.

7 hours ago, Point Break said:

Sea chickens or the boys.........that’s hard to choose a preferred winner.........

Had you bet against the spread you'd have made bank!

Seahawks showed up to play today. Need to beat the Az Cards next week and have Atlanta lose for a trip to the post season. I can't believe I have to root for the Panthers (blech) Almost as bad as having to root for Da Beers.

WL

1 minute ago, White Lightnin' said:

Seahawks showed up to play today. Need to beat the Az Cards next week and have Atlanta lose for a trip to the post season. I can't believe I have to root for the Panthers (blech) Almost as bad as having to root for Da Beers.

WL

:lol:

On 12/24/2017 at 8:39 PM, White Lightnin' said:

WL

Two things from that game: More yards in penalties than yards of offence? Getting into the playoffs will, at best, cost ya a few spots in the draft, and I have precisely no idea of exactly what pass interference is and is not anymore. 

On 12/23/2017 at 11:50 PM, Raz'r said:

How much time do you have?

Steelers release James Harrison.  He clears waivers and the Patriots sign him. If the AFC championship game is Steelers v Patriots this could be very interesting.

My wife and children went beyond amazing with this year’s Christmas gift. Taking the train to and from Philadelphia for the game, with a good friend.

48DE30CB-A6A2-4C90-8173-289B3179C7CF.jpeg

Gotta remember to dress like an onion (layers). 

D8A32EF4-9C33-41AA-80FB-5EF130CD0955.png

12 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

My wife and children went beyond amazing with this year’s Christmas gift. Taking the train to and from Philadelphia for the game, with a good friend.

Most Excellent! Go iggles. 

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Your Sun is Not my Sun obvously :-O

A couple years ago we were at a Bear game at Soldier field and it was 20 at kickoff and got colder........that was.....really really cold. I had to buy an extra sweatshirt in the stadium......brrrrr

And with that, the Seahawks go wimpering into the night. 

Kickers.......

WL

1 hour ago, White Lightnin' said:

Kickers.......

Not sure I understand why it was a good idea to trade Hauschka (18 of 22 this year) for Walsh (21 of 29)?

Bolts miss playoffs.  Blame the kicker I guess.   They went 9-3 after the 0-4 start.   Rivers with 4500 yds passing and the O-line leads NFL with fewest sacks allowed.   Weird, at start of season we thought the O-line sucked.

My seats at the game. 18 degrees at kickoff. Then, the wind picked up. Light snow at the end. I’ll probably thaw out by Wednesday  

Oh, and the Eagles looked like crap. Files is NOT going to win in the postseason. Maybe the #3 (Sudfeld?) can do something, as he can move. 

528682BD-ED35-4043-A7CB-23CA7E11E7ED.jpeg

8 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

My seats at the game. 18 degrees at kickoff. Then, the wind picked up. Light snow at the end. I’ll probably thaw out by Wednesday  

Oh, and the Eagles looked like crap. Files is NOT going to win in the postseason. Maybe the #3 (Sudfeld?) can do something, as he can move. 

528682BD-ED35-4043-A7CB-23CA7E11E7ED.jpeg

Well, the number of empty seats for a grudge match in Philly shows how important the game wasn’t. Not only did it not make the broadcast here, the updates were few and far between. Sister in Dallas said they turned it off during the first quarter and then watched the last of the 4th. 

Much as I dislike the Beagles, I was hoping to see an NFC Team progress in the playoffs. Guess it isn’t happening this year. 

41 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Well, the number of empty seats for a grudge match in Philly shows how important the game wasn’t. Not only did it not make the broadcast here, the updates were few and far between. Sister in Dallas said they turned it off during the first quarter and then watched the last of the 4th. 

Much as I dislike the Beagles, I was hoping to see an NFC Team progress in the playoffs. Guess it isn’t happening this year. 

To be fair, I snapped that pick about 20-25 minutes before kickoff. By game time, the place was about 3/4 full. Still, not what I was hoping for. Last year, we sent them into the postseason with s Week 17 L. This year, they returned the favor. 

The funniest part was listening to WIP in the Uber ride back to 30th Street Station. Those guys were on fire. 

Philly fans put meaning in the word “fanatic”. 

Caldwell gone.  Won four games against teams with winning records in four years.

I don't know if he was the problem, but after watching the second half of this season he clearly was not going to be the solution.

Bears fire John Fox.  Biggest non-surprise of the new year.  In his 3 years as head coach the Bears never won a game where they were the favorites. 

Cheeseheads dump Capers.....fall guy for Mcarthy. Wonder if he’ll get a head coaching nod somewhere. Lotsa jobs opening up.

On 12/31/2017 at 10:24 AM, Point Break said:

A couple years ago we were at a Bear game at Soldier field and it was 20 at kickoff and got colder........that was.....really really cold. I had to buy an extra sweatshirt in the stadium......brrrrr

I was at this game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freezer_Bowl

20F. What a bunch of whiners. It was -9 at kickoff, with sustained 27 mph winds. -37F wind chill.

Just now, Point Break said:
7 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I was at this game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freezer_Bowl

20F. What a bunch of whiners. It was -9 at kickoff, with sustained 27 mph winds. -37F wind chill.

Guilty......guilty as charged......I snivel when it drops into the 40’s......

Did mention the wind was gusting to 40?

6 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Did you have to walk uphiill through 3 feet of snow to get to your seat?

At the Iggles game, I did notice something worth mentioning.

The beer vendors were carrying their tubs and selling their "ice cold Miller Lite" etc.

Looked in the tub and, sure enough, there was a layer of ice on top of the cans.  The temp was 18 degrees F at kickoff, with a windchill of something like 6.

I guess the ice was to keep the beer from freezing.

You people are sick. I’m still trying to figure out how they got the ball to drop in Times Square in 15-degree weather. I expected to see it shrinking upward. 

Now the real games begin for the losers. Who is the new coach for the Bears? Lions? Cards? Raiders? Everyone else?

Wouldn't it be fun if there was relegation/promotion in the NFL?  It would really scare the crap out of the fans and owners of bad teams.

7 hours ago, chinabald said:
14 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Did you have to walk uphiill through 3 feet of snow to get to your seat?

No, it was too cold to snow. But our seat was in front of one of the walkthrough tunnels so we got the full blast of the wind.

7 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

At the Iggles game, I did notice something worth mentioning.

The beer vendors were carrying their tubs and selling their "ice cold Miller Lite" etc.

Looked in the tub and, sure enough, there was a layer of ice on top of the cans.  The temp was 18 degrees F at kickoff, with a windchill of something like 6.

I guess the ice was to keep the beer from freezing.

My first professional football game was seeing the Iggles play the Cowboys... this was when Bobby Hayes was playing for the Cowboys.. 

We took the train from Devon where we lived to 30th Street Station and then walked to Franklin Field and sat on the shady side and froze our butts off... It was frigging cold...  the Iggles got beat then too!!

2 hours ago, nacradriver said:

My first professional football game was seeing the Iggles play the Cowboys... this was when Bobby Hayes was playing for the Cowboys.. 

We took the train from Devon where we lived to 30th Street Station and then walked to Franklin Field and sat on the shady side and froze our butts off... It was frigging cold...  the Iggles got beat then too!!

I’ve seen them play 3 times. Each time they lost. 

I shoulder this burden. It is my fault. For that reason, I will eschew playoff games, this year. I’ll just have to tough it out on the couch, in my den, with a fire and bowl of chili. 

7 hours ago, slap said:

Wouldn't it be fun if there was relegation/promotion in the NFL?  It would really scare the crap out of the fans and owners of bad teams.

Yea but,  how many promoted teams in Premier League stay up for more than couple seasons?   There are exceptions but most promoted teams have no stars, no money, old/smallstadiums, aging B-level players and 18 y.o . academy kids.  Makes for shitty contests agst most of the Premier teams.

In addition, NFL and NBA teams have convinced fans that ‘tanking’ for 3-4 yrs is the  way to rebuild via top draft picks earned through being crap.   

Relegation a hard sell in this country.

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Eagles/Falcons - Saturday at 4:35 PM.  Can't wait.

I am afraid the Falcons are going to shut the Iggles down... hate to say it as I am an Iggles fan from day one... but watching the Falcon defense against the Lambs last night.. I am not certian the Iggles can muster the call...

7 hours ago, nacradriver said:

I am afraid the Falcons are going to shut the Iggles down... hate to say it as I am an Iggles fan from day one... but watching the Falcon defense against the Lambs last night.. I am not certian the Iggles can muster the call...

Agreed. I know Foles is a pretty capable back up but the falcons defense showed up................fraid it'll be Atlanta in the SB again unless they really screw the pooch. I don't see the vikes or the aint's mustering up the offense necessary.....

Dirty Birds looked on their game agst Rams.  Julio & Sanu big weapons.   Desmond Trufant is back and that D is plenty tough.

Rams get a long passing game going and they only get better.  Gurley is great again.  Nice season.  McVay looked sharp/tricky with offense,   Wade Phillips put a good scheme together and kept the D fired up all year.

Aaron Donald ‘s a great NT.

Need your help-

A friend of mine has two tickets for the Superbowl. Both box seats. He paid $2,500 per ticket, which includes limo ride from your hotel (within 20 miles) to the stadium, lunch, dinner, a $400.00 bar tab, and full media passes. What he didn't realize when he bought them was that it would be on the same day as his wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place.

It's at St. Paul's Church at 3 pm. Her name is Ashley. She’s 5'4", about 115 pounds, a good cook, loves to fish and hunt. She'll be the one in white...

• Like 1

My Minnesota wife is babbling in Norwegian tongues and invoking ancient Norse gods right now

She needs oxygen . . . :mellow:

Making a Case for Keenum - Houston was the only school to offer him a scholarship, Texans signed him to the practice squad, started some for Texans and Rams, Vikings picked him up for peanuts as an insurance policy.  I predict when his career is over he will make an even better coach.  Class guy, one of the best games ever. 

edit: 1st undrafted QB to win a playoff game.  how i love rooting for underdogs....

16 minutes ago, Dorado said:

My Minnesota wife is babbling in Norwegian tongues and invoking ancient Norse gods right now

She needs oxygen . . . :mellow:

Well, that explains the win......it’s the only thing that could........what a finish! By the way....I think the spread was 5 1/2 .........no extra point kick broke the spread. Can you hear the wails of agony from Vegas?

Eagles and Vikes is going to be good! Not sure the Jags have the mojo to take out the Cheatriots!

WL

Mic drop ending.

funny as hell it messed up the spread.

They could end up with a Foles - Bortles superbowl.

So a guaranteed HOF QB loses to a backup. . On the same day another guaranteed HOF QB loses to the backup of a backup.  What are the odds.

On the same day another guaranteed HOF QB loses to the backup of a backup

I didn't get to watch the Steelers-Jags game, but from the discussion it seems the Steelers coached themselves out of another game.    They could convert 4th-and-longs, but not 4th-and-inches ?    Ben is huge.... if he breaks wind while receiving the snap count, it would propel him at least a few inches.

24 minutes ago, IrieMon said:

I didn't get to watch the Steelers-Jags game, but from the discussion it seems the Steelers coached themselves out of another game.    They could convert 4th-and-longs, but not 4th-and-inches ?    Ben is huge.... if he breaks wind while receiving the snap count, it would propel him at least a few inches.

Those 4th down tries killed the Steelers. I can't why they tried to run wide on 4th and 1 yard. That gave the Jags room to move and get a TD.  Seems to me that the coaching was the main reason for the Steelers loss. Big Ben threw some amazing passes and generally was good despite the pick and fumble.

The Conference Championship games are set.  Which teams will prevail?

playoffs.jpg

Some of these reactions are priceless - Especially the kid thats a NO fan around the 1 minute mark - "Someone is going to die" - As he breaks out a baseball bat...

My GF has a god daughter that just started attending LSU and she was sending us selfies last night of her watching the Saints game from some bar in the French Quarter. When the game ended in that manner, we texted her to get out of the Quarter in a hurry. I'm sure things got ugly after that rude ending and not a time to be around drunk pissed Saints fans.

Just 9 1/2 hours until kickoff. Will hang the banner out front and recreate this scene. Only question remaining is whether I’ll make chili or meatball subs. 

Go Eagles! 

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Just 9 1/2 hours until kickoff. Will hang the banner out front and recreate this scene. Only question remaining is whether I’ll make chili or meatball subs. 

Go Eagles! 

Meatball subs with melted mozz on top. Chili isn't really good until its sat around overnight.

I can't believe I'm rooting for the Vikings.

1 minute ago, austin1972 said:

Meatball subs with melted mozz on top.

Plusse oune!                         :)

Go Jags!  At a time when I find the NFL to be a bunch of overpaid turds who rarely deliver anything resembling entertainment (especially when compared to college football), it is refreshing to see a team of overachievers who play hard to the final whistle.  May they knock the stuffing out of Tom Brady today.  

6 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Go Jags!  May they knock the stuffing out of Tom Brady today.  

Frome youre figgertips to gods eiyes.                                  :)

1 hour ago, austin1972 said:

Meatball subs with melted mozz on top. Chili isn't really good until its sat around overnight.

Meatball subs, it is.  With Provolone.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Yum. Make sure everyone wears a white T shirt. You might get an image of Jesus or the Virgin Mary on one during a big play.

1 hour ago, austin1972 said:

Me to.....I’d never root for the cheeseheads but I can pull it together for the Vikes this year. Skol! 

My dog is not in the hunt so it'll be very easy to watch and cheer for great plays as I realize how far my team is off the pace....that said as long as the zebras are not a factor in the outcome ....may the best team win !...I enjoy this weekend more than the Super Bowl itself....

I don't think the Jags stand a chance but since I am usually wrong........   I think the Vikes/Eagles will be epic. Have to go with the Vikes because of Keenum.  If they win out and Case beats Brady that would be so awesome.  Eagles will be back next year, Wentz is destined to be the next great QB.

Only other place I ever lived = 1st and 2nd Years in Lowell Mass

soo when Pat's are in contention I hope they win

I'll try to remember to watch !!

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I was totally going to steal your idea but then they had Delaware Bay oysters for $.59. 2 dozen will be enjoyed at the half with some spinach souffle. Yum. I hope I can find my shucker. Otherwise, it's flat head screwdriver time.

Plus, I  have 2/3 of a bottle of scotch left from my drunken binge yesterday. Maybe just a small glass today.

Go Jax!

12 minutes ago, Peacefrog said:

Tom FUCKING Brady Bitches!

More like; tom FUCKING brady, sons o' bitches!

Go iggles.....

Can't have those Miniscrotum BiQueen fans getting any more insufferable.

:rolleyes:

The Pats Bama’d the Jags, but the leg injuries will heal before next year and they can have another go. 

You know.............I am no Patriots fan..........in fact far from it........but, that might be the best team in a generation. Amazing.

Side note....all the talk about Brady's thumb this week and then yesterday a news outlet said they had an Xray of his thumb...........this went went up..........now thats funny!! :lol:

IMG_2250.jpg

Sure, Brady and Belichick may be old, but the longevity they’ve shown thus far warrants irrational faith in their future prowess. When Tom Brady throws multiple interceptions against the Jets at age 65, the press will ask Bill Belichick, who by then will just be a brain floating in a hoodie-draped jar, if it’s time to bench his quarterback. The in vitro brain will twitch and gurgle up a sequence of bubbles that represent the word no. It is at this moment that I will finally allow myself to believe that it might be over for the Patriots. And I will be wrong.

https://slate.com/culture/2018/01/the-patriots-are-going-to-keep-doing-this-arent-they.html

Both games went the wrong way for me. I couldn't care less about the SB. Have fun with your ratings, guys.