• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
WetHog

VOR '17-'18 - THE GAME

Right now, Zezo suggest i should sail 234deg/120TWD (hoover on the "first" black dot), but in the game sailing @ 234 degrees gives TWD of 102. Earlier ithese values were always spot on, or should I just use long time aiming with the red/green "predictors"?

Regarding Zezo, if it's way off, try clearing your cache.  Occasionally that can cause problems.  Also, zoom out and do a reality check on your position.  I've had times when I fat-fingered a coordinate and was really confused about the discrepancy for a surprising amount of time before realizing the mistake.

With that said, in light wind with rapidly evolving windshifts, Zezo will sometimes differ significantly from the game, temporarily.  I don't think anyone knows exactly how VR interpolates the winds between forecasts, so Zezo just has his best approximation.  In most cases, it's quite accurate.  But in light winds with rapid shifts, you start seeing deviation.  In that case, if I'm following Zezo's recommendations, I usually look at where Zezo wants me to try to be in an hour or two, and I manually navigate toward that spot based on what I'm seeing in the game.

BTW - Regarding the new waypoint in the real race...  VR has tweeted that the virtual race will not be adding that waypoint.  Good communication!  Hopefully they'll do more of that!  In English, too!

58 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Regarding Zezo, if it's way off, try clearing your cache.  Occasionally that can cause problems.  Also, zoom out and do a reality check on your position.  I've had times when I fat-fingered a coordinate and was really confused about the discrepancy for a surprising amount of time before realizing the mistake.

With that said, in light wind with rapidly evolving windshifts, Zezo will sometimes differ significantly from the game, temporarily.  I don't think anyone knows exactly how VR interpolates the winds between forecasts, so Zezo just has his best approximation.  In most cases, it's quite accurate.  But in light winds with rapid shifts, you start seeing deviation.  In that case, if I'm following Zezo's recommendations, I usually look at where Zezo wants me to try to be in an hour or two, and I manually navigate toward that spot based on what I'm seeing in the game.

BTW - Regarding the new waypoint in the real race...  VR has tweeted that the virtual race will not be adding that waypoint.  Good communication!  Hopefully they'll do more of that!  In English, too!

Great! Have to say I'm surprised they aren't adding it. 

As a non-sailor I know dick about navigating an ocean racer but I use Zezo and I seem to be doing ok, for now.

WetHog  :ph34r:

Hello, here are the placings as of 02:00UTC.  If I do not have your boat listed it is because I am too dumb to work out what your boat name is.  If you post the name then I will add you in.

I will try and do this vaguely regularly, but there is no guarantee.  Also I am off on holiday on Sunday, so I won't be able to do anything after that, until Leg 2.

Place SA Name Boat Name Dist to Leader
1 Your Mom Your Mom SA 648.62
2 Breitling Breitling_SA 1.78
3 stufishing Stufishing_SA 13.6
4 Wet Hog WetHog-SA 15.4
5 prettyhatemachine prettyhatemachine 17.9
6 Gybe Turkey Gybe Turkey 18.4
7 RIGO RIGO 20.4
8 daan62 hutspot77 22.7
9 Magool Magool 25.4
10 Vibroman Vibroman_SA 26.8
11 I Sail The Black Boat Thistle1678 27.2
12 Marty6 Cambodunum 29.2
13 Tunnel Rat Mongrel 31.6
14 x2sea m2for-SA 38.5
15 Golden Rose Golden Rose SA 40.8
16 Mud Sailor Mudsailor SA 46.8
17 Driftwood Me Rongo Rekohu SA 58.9
18 Rimike rider1982 74.4
19 ThijsK ThijsK 76.5
20 Ozzy Ozzy85 102.4
21 Hike, Bitches HikeBitches 156.2
22 Hydrogene Eau Gazeuse 175.6
23 Sailing My Cubicle SailingMyCubicle 229.1
24 briar Wing it 261.3
25 Driftwood Me Rongo SA 434.1
26 Tommmzzz Tommmzzz 805.8

45 minutes ago, Tunnel Rat said:

Hello, here are the placings as of 02:00UTC.  If I do not have your boat listed it is because I am too dumb to work out what your boat name is.  If you post the name then I will add you in.

I will try and do this vaguely regularly, but there is no guarantee.  Also I am off on holiday on Sunday, so I won't be able to do anything after that, until Leg 2.

4 Wet Hog WetHog-SA 15.4
7 RIGO RIGO 20.4
8 daan62 hutspot77 22.7
9 Magool Magool 25.4
14 x2sea m2for-SA 38.5
18 Rimike rider1982 74.4
19 ThijsK ThijsK 76.5
20 Ozzy Ozzy85 102.4
24 briar Wing it 261.3
26 Tommmzzz Tommmzzz  

I’m in. 

J2B2

Hi SA'ers.

Having never attempted this before... i'm in, only started after all the real vo65s had hit the Nth Atlantic.  (pos 32k to start, now 5.2k) 

Boat same as forum name + ' SA'   i.e.:  kea.nn SA

Great work Rat !!   Thanks.

I finally managed to turn the rock without scratching my hull. More important, still seeing Mom's sails close to me.

1 hour ago, Marty6 said:

unfortunately 25 is the limit for number of players to follow

Yes indeed I have run into that problem.

It would be a large hassle to delete Friends, and then reinstate others every time I want to post results, so I am going to create some rules.

If you sail like a numpty and are not trying, then I will delete you from the results. (Tommmzzz - you are deleted)

Priority will go to those on my previous results lists from the Vendee. (EDIT - or names that I recognize from previous races) 

Those who didn't do the Vendee, priority will go to those with a higher ranking.

Please feel free to create you own list of people who don't make it onto my list and post those using the highest ranked SA sailor (probably Your Mom).

Lastly I am deleting Me Rongo SA as you are not really competing against the gang, I hope that is OK.

30 minutes ago, Tunnel Rat said:

Yes indeed I have run into that problem.

It would be a large hassle to delete Friends, and then reinstate others every time I want to post results, so I am going to create some rules.

If you sail like a numpty and are not trying, then I will delete you from the results. (Tommmzzz - you are deleted)

Priority will go to those on my previous results lists from the Vendee. (EDIT - or names that I recognize from previous races) 

Those who didn't do the Vendee, priority will go to those with a higher ranking.

Please feel free to create you own list of people who don't make it onto my list and post those using the highest ranked SA sailor (probably Your Mom).

Lastly I am deleting Me Rongo SA as you are not really competing against the gang, I hope that is OK.

Didn't see myself there- I'm rule 69 if you could add me that'd be great. 

On another note, Zezo still is routing me towards the Island, not Lisbon 

2 minutes ago, Icedtea said:

On another note, Zezo still is routing me towards the Island, not Lisbon 

After rounding the island you have to change to "go to Lisbon" in the context menu (right click)

Great Job Tunnel Rat.
Round the island, looks pretty smooth sailing from here. That's good, I'm still suffering from the first night. I set my alarm on phone to go off every 20 minutes, all night. Was a long night!

I'm getting the hang of this as well. Zezo looks pretty handy too.

I set everything up right for the leg. I'm based in NZ so these things are starting at 2am. Unfortunately the boat crashed into the land after about an hour (blimmin programmation must be the French word for 'unreliable shit') and I ended up in 35,000th place. Now in 2,800thish. the-love-boat. 

Anyone else noticed a bug in the programmation controlw? When you adjust the time, the track set bezel moves?

Also... anyone else notice it doesn't hold course? You set it to something like 'hold 110 wind angle' and you go back 10 minutes later and it's on 109?

7 hours ago, Tunnel Rat said:

4 Wet Hog WetHog-SA 15.4
7 RIGO RIGO 20.4
8 daan62 hutspot77 22.7
9 Magool Magool 25.4
14 x2sea m2for-SA 38.5
18 Rimike rider1982 74.4
19 ThijsK ThijsK 76.5
20 Ozzy Ozzy85 102.4
24 briar Wing it 261.3

Thanks for taking this on again. Was doing great (about 1,700) as I was coming out through the straits, then lost phone signal at a crucial point in a meeting and ended up hitting Spain! Lost about 4-5 hours which was gutting and dropped to around 12,000. Back up to around 3,800 as I've rounded the waypoint, so feeling slightly less miffed. Not sure if there is going to be much more opportunity for making gains till we get near the finish.

Any chance we can petition the developers to add SA as a yacht club? Then we could use the built in leader board. 

If that doesn't work, what about having two or three of us keep a friends list? I could take the next 25 on the list that didn't make Tunnel Rat's list. 

Once a day we (I'd be happy to do it) could merge the two lists and post the combined list. 

Let me know your thoughts. 

I submitted the Sailing Anarchy Yacht club last week so we all could join it and keep track of our progress that way.  Gave them the Ed's email address and Carlsbad, CA as the location but they haven't added it.  Then a couple days ago, figuring they wouldn't add something like Sailing Anarchy Yacht Club, I submitted the South Annapolis Yacht Association (I think thats what I worded it, could be wrong).  Completely made up yacht club but it is SAYA for short so SA would be in it.  Still nothing.  Maybe they will add one or both after this leg.  Maybe.

20 minutes ago, WetHog said:

I submitted the Sailing Anarchy Yacht club last week so we all could join it and keep track of our progress that way.  Gave them the Ed's email address and Carlsbad, CA as the location but they haven't added it.  Then a couple days ago, figuring they wouldn't add something like Sailing Anarchy Yacht Club, I submitted the South Annapolis Yacht Association (I think thats what I worded it, could be wrong).  Completely made up yacht club but it is SAYA for short so SA would be in it.  Still nothing.  Maybe they will add one or both after this leg.  Maybe.

Perfect. We'll see.

Regarding the boat not holding course...  It seems to be a one-degree inaccuracy specifically when you adjust course.  I find that when I hand-steer a course change, it often winds up off by 1 degree in the next iteration.  I usually will exit the game and re-enter a few minutes later to check, and often need to do a 1-degree fix to get it right.  Sometimes multiple times.  Not a huge deal in most cases, but a problem when near land, or when near a sailchange angle, or when you set it and leave it for hours before noticing.  This issue has been present since Day 1 with the new interface, so I've gotten used to it.

Regarding yacht clubs, WetHog's approach is correct and his assessment of it being iffy as to whether or not it will work is also accurate.  They added my real yacht club when I asked them to a year or so ago, and generally will do so.  But they might not do it if it isn't a true physical location, and I'm guessing they have higher priorities in the short term anyway.  Unfortunately, I think you can only put one YC on your ID, though, so I'm not sure if I'd put SAYC or SAYA on my ID anyway...  I like having my real yacht club on it.  Decent idea, though.  I'd have to think about it.

On 10/22/2017 at 10:01 PM, Hike, Bitches! said:

Yeah..i am just sailing along and trying not smash into solid bits. Do we have an SA group or anything? I only see myself tooling around the Med in 15,xxx place. :rolleyes:

Stay Thirsty M43

7 hours ago, ThijsK said:

Thanks for taking this on again. Was doing great (about 1,700) as I was coming out through the straits, then lost phone signal at a crucial point in a meeting and ended up hitting Spain! Lost about 4-5 hours which was gutting and dropped to around 12,000. Back up to around 3,800 as I've rounded the waypoint, so feeling slightly less miffed. Not sure if there is going to be much more opportunity for making gains till we get near the finish.

Stay Thirsty M43

I sent in a support ticket to VR about adding sailing anarchy yacht club and the reply was so long as I filled out the yacht club form it will be added.  So patience I guess. 

WetHog :ph34r:

19 hours ago, Tunnel Rat said:

4 Wet Hog WetHog-SA 15.4
7 RIGO RIGO 20.4
8 daan62 hutspot77 22.7
9 Magool Magool 25.4
14 x2sea m2for-SA 38.5
18 Rimike rider1982 74.4
19 ThijsK ThijsK 76.5
20 Ozzy Ozzy85 102.4
24 briar Wing it 261.3

I'm in "Samsonite SA"

Broke into the lower 5k's this morning, but had network issues at work and fell back to mid 6k's.

Nice to see some members of S.A.Y.C up in the lead pack.

List as of 00:00UTC

This leg is really hurting if you don't have a Code 0 in your sail locker!  Ouch....

1 Your Mom Your Mom SA 177.08
2 Breitling Breitling_SA 4.29
3 Kapt'n Kirk prowler_1-SA 12.9
4 stufishing Stufishing_SA 14.4
5 Gybe Turkey Gybe Turkey 20
6 Wet Hog WetHog-SA 22.4
7 prettyhatemachine prettyhatemachine 23.1
8 The Actual Dave Davemw 30.5
9 Iced Tea rule69 38.9
10 Magool Magool 39.8
11 I Sail The Black Boat Thistle1678 41.7
12 Vibroman Vibroman_SA 47
13 daan62 hutspot77 53
14 Marty6 Cambodunum 57.7
15 Golden Rose Golden Rose SA 57.8
16 From The Rail A-Squared 62
17 Tunnel Rat Mongrel 66.2
18 x2sea m2for-SA 67.1
19 Mud Sailor Mudsailor SA 91
20 ThijsK ThijsK 102.7
21 Driftwood Me Rongo Rekohu SA 104.2
22 Ozzy Ozzy85 214.5
23 Hike, Bitches HikeBitches 315.4
24 Hydrogene Eau Gazeuse 328.4
25 Sailing My Cubicle SailingMyCubicle 420.5
26 briar Wing it 423.3
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, mkgsailor said:

Any chance we can petition the developers to add SA as a yacht club? Then we could use the built in leader board. 

If that doesn't work, what about having two or three of us keep a friends list? I could take the next 25 on the list that didn't make Tunnel Rat's list. 

Once a day we (I'd be happy to do it) could merge the two lists and post the combined list. 

Let me know your thoughts. 

mkgsailor, that would be great.  For many reasons I tend to do the rankings at about 00:00UTC, but for other reasons, that sometimes is not possible (like work getting in the way of important stuff).  I suggest that if you can you add the names below as friends as well as Your Mom, who is likely to be the bench mark that all the rest of us mere mortals are aiming at. 

You can access the rankings of your friends by clicking on your ranking on the top right of the page, then clicking on the second icon down.  I cannot do a copy and paste from the VR site, so I manually type the distance to leader into an excel spreadsheet and then copy that onto this page.

Let me know if you have any problems with this process, or if you come up with an easier way.  Please feel free to merge with my numbers, or not - whatever is easiest.

Cheers TR

SA Name Boat Name
Driftwood Me Rongo SA
Tommmzzz Tommmzzz
mkgsailor J2B2
The Actual Dave Davemw
kea.nn kea.nn SA
From The Rail A-Squared
Rimike rider1982
RIGO RIGO
hmsmweasel Stay Thirsty M43
sailon2 jahmbo SA
RunSampRun Samsonite SA

6 hours ago, Tunnel Rat said:

mkgsailor, that would be great.  For many reasons I tend to do the rankings at about 00:00UTC, but for other reasons, that sometimes is not possible (like work getting in the way of important stuff).  I suggest that if you can you add the names below as friends as well as Your Mom, who is likely to be the bench mark that all the rest of us mere mortals are aiming at. 

You can access the rankings of your friends by clicking on your ranking on the top right  LEFT of the page, then clicking on the second icon down.  I cannot do a copy and paste from the VR site, so I manually type the distance to leader into an excel spreadsheet and then copy that onto this page.

Let me know if you have any problems with this process, or if you come up with an easier way.  Please feel free to merge with my numbers, or not - whatever is easiest.

Cheers TR

SA Name Boat Name
Driftwood Me Rongo SA
Tommmzzz Tommmzzz
mkgsailor J2B2
The Actual Dave Davemw
kea.nn kea.nn SA
From The Rail A-Squared
Rimike rider1982
RIGO RIGO
hmsmweasel Stay Thirsty M43

sailon2

webdeveloper

Alpina

jahmbo SA

the-love-boat

ColombaRacing

RunSampRun

Samsonite SA

Sorry, brain fart corrected above and additional names added.

I botched my overnight course layout.  Fell asleep then had to come up with something half awake.  Hate losing spots at the end but oh well.  So long as I stay below 1000 I will be happy.  

WetHog  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Breitling said:

Final run. I'm not going to beat Mom but let's see if being the most northern boats on the fleet give us some advantage.

I have taken a flyer east way early, hoping for an anomaly to move up from 950th...I figure I'm not moving up by following you guys home

IT's one thing to have a user created issue, my beef is with the auto scheduler card. I employed a timed heading change going through Gibraltar and it showed it on the game, I confirmed it and woke up 8 hours later to my boat on the rocks. lost about 2-3K spots..... 

U Should have listened to your Mom and used way points. The card you used is a time and heading / AWA card. Go faster and distance on the time line gets longer.You find dirt. It did what you programmed it to do, just not what u wanted. Waypoints are the way to go close in as covered pages bock by Yo Mommy.

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, DRIFTW00D said:

U Should have listened to your Mom and used way points. The card you used is a time and heading / AWA card. Go faster and distance on the time line gets longer.You find dirt. It did what you programmed it to do, just not what u wanted. Waypoints are the way to go close in as covered pages bock by Yo Mommy.

At that point in time, I didn't have any waypoint cards, only scheduler and a shit ton of weather....

I have 13x Help cards, 13x Stealth Mode cards and 26x Weather cards.  VR says the card system is random so its geared towards people who don't want to pay and novice players to give them a chance.  Bull shit.  If you need auto-sail, waypoints or navigation cards you need to burn credits to get them.  

15 minutes ago, RImike said:

At that point in time, I didn't have any waypoint cards, only scheduler and a shit ton of weather....

I hear ya I used game points to get some way points at the rocky mark turn. They are shit too! No dirt warning, the track will just crosses the dirt where U will land. Zoom in and look close at the track line you set up.

• Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Hike, Bitches! said:

Uh oh..I am about to drop off Tunnel Rat's list..better get my act together! :)

Hike harder - - - - -.... :ph34r:

• Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Icedtea said:

Just set the course for home, pushing hard to get in Ireland's top 3

^^^^^^ the same (except for the Ireland part :D )

Overall standing (4 of 10 in stealth mode) condensing a bit and a late lead change from mangina to Sideshow

43 minutes ago, Marty6 said:

^^^^^^ the same (except for the Ireland part :D )

Overall standing (4 of 10 in stealth mode) condensing a bit and a late lead change from mangina to Sideshow

Impressive! 

First time I've ever done a VR race with full options, pretty happy with how things turned out. 

Won't be able to take leg 2 seriously but after that I'll see what happens.

8 hours ago, Tunnel Rat said:

Sorry, brain fart corrected above and additional names added.

Perfect. I'll post current B group results now (5:30PM UTC), then try to merge both lists once you post yours.

B Group Rank Boat Name SA Name DTL
1 Your Mom SA Your Mom 0
2 davemw The Actual Dave 24.8
3 RIGO RIGO 24.8
4 A-Squared From the Rail 56.6
5 the-love-boat webdeveloper 63.8
6 tommmzzz Tommmzzz 69.5
7 Gauntlet 106 N/A 73.4
8 J2B2 mkgsailor 93.7
9 rider1982 Rimike 97.1
10 jahmbo SA sailon2 110.4
11 kea.nn SA kea.nn 112.7
12 Stay Thirsty M 43 hmsmweasel 164.6
13 ColombaRacing Alpina 194.2
14 Samsonite SA RunSampRun 194.5
15 Walkaround N/A 258.6
16 Tommmzzz Tommmzzz 1443.1
17 Me Rongo SA Driftwood 1622.3

Wow.  1st and 2nd place for leg 1 separated by 0.08 seconds.  

*edit*

Read the timing wrong.  1st and 2nd separated by 8 seconds.  And only 5 boats have finished at this point.  Still, 8 seconds between 1st and 2nd after 5 days-6 hours-32 minutes-41 seconds?  Crazy.

Also, my personal favorite to win, mangina, came in 3rd.  :mellow:

Anyone know how Raceknot got a tricked out Volvo sponsored boat and Volvo Ocean insigna over his boat on the map?   He isn't the only one.  Another guy has a Pindar sponsored boat with the Volvo Insignia.  Just curious.

Well, 29th ain't bad, I guess.

I've gotten to a point where I tend to expect to do better than that, but it isn't realistic.  This time around, I lost more than a mile to the leaders in the first 15 hours because I was racing in a real regatta, and then de-rigging my boat, and then towing it home.  I was doing my best from there to move forward, and went from something like 180th to 29th in the end, but I was in too much of a hole from that first part to get to the front.

With that said, the first American finisher (Nicky) was virtually tied with me at Porto Santo, and he finished 15th, so it's not like I sailed perfectly after the first 15 hours.

Shit, I'd love to have a finish in the double digits, Mom.  And I was watching to see when you guys up front finished.  You picked up 1 spot right at the line.  29th out of 65k players?  Damn fine effort.

I am still more than an hour from the finish line.  Really annoyed that I fell asleep in my recliner last night watching football.  I was waiting to set a goodnight course to the last minute and I waited to long.  Slept for almost 2 hours before I woke up and saw I was doing 5 knts up wind.  Then I rushed setting waypoints before I fell asleep again and the wind shift fucked me.  Lost over 100 spots.  I was hoping to finish 500 or better.  Man I am pissed.  Having said that, to my  surprise I am in 1st place currently for Annapolis and Maryland by 30 miles.  I know its computer sailing but I would of bet someone $100 before this leg started that I wouldn't come close to being 1st for Annapolis.  Damn that is cool.   

Just now, WetHog said:

You picked up 1 spot right at the line.

Thanks, WetHog.  I'm happy with 29th and partly being obnoxious by acting disappointed.  I've won three races in the last year and finished top-20 several times, so I tend to go into things with high expectations nowadays, but the competition in VORG is more fierce than in a lot of other races.

Regarding the spot I picked up...  That was La_Semillante.  He ran aground at the finish and dropped from something like 12 to something like 40 in the 10-15 minutes he needed to discover it and recover.  Odd because if you look at his track, you'll see he was the one boat in the top 50 that cut a corner at Porto Santo.  He got through that cut on the West side of the island, and no one else near the front dared try.  He picked up a lot of boats there...  and then lost several of them at the finish.

Nice Job SA'ers...I just got my ass kicked taking the northern route to get to porto santo. see you next leg, I've still got some hours to go till the beer truck and mt. gay is flowing.

31 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

He got through that cut on the West side of the island, and no one else near the front dared try.  He picked up a lot of boats there...  and then lost several of them at the finish.

I was tempted to go through, in fact my programmed night time waypoints route was that. But I woke up just before entering the cut and decided to be more conservative and follow our leader (you). Shame on me being about #80 during all the final course to end up at three digits position.

Congrats for your group win, well done.

8 seconds between first and second. That's crazy.

Congrats Your Mom.

I had some tight racing with the Hog and Gybe Turkey most of the way. Held my track north just long enough to have it pay off before heading to the finish.

The next order of business...I wonder how many credits I'll get for these 39 weather / 10 stealth / 8 help cards. ;) 

Well done Mom and well sailed the Sailing Anarchy Club!

Competition a lot fiercer overall in this race than normal. I made three mistakes for the race, Missed the Third Gybe point by more than an hour sailing into lightening breeze towards Morocco because of work. I sailed a bad angle third night for me, off by about ten degrees for a little while. And I thought I had a auto sail card on on the last leg to Lisbon, but didn't. So I had the Jib up too long as the wind eased. Doesn't take much to lose an hour and 16 minutes. These cards suck, even when you have them you can still make a mistake and not be using them. Finished with an uncounted swagful of help and stealth and weather cards which VR gave me a measly 290 credits for.

I never realised you could get through that gap at Porto Santo. Shows full sand on my computer, graphics set to highest, picture below at full zoom.

Porto Santo.JPG

1 hour ago, Icedtea said:

Could someone explain to me how the credits work at the end of the leg? 

If I don't 'sell' my cards can I use them for the next leg? 

You don't get a choice.  It cashes in your cards.  Click "get" to get the credits, or you won't get anything.  Make sure to go back a few minutes after finishing to also click "get" for your "finish bonus".

You're a wealth of knowledge Mom, thank you. 

Now, if you could also monitor m2for and let me know when I'm on the rocks, or better, tell me before I hit the dirt, I'll consider your service complete. :D

Stranded

So, here are some more questions for those of us unlike Your Mom that are still racing (nicelydone, YM!) - Do they have a card for wind angle? Like if I wanted to sail at 43° for 12 h, can I do that? I get tired of changing my heading every few minutes when I am beating. Maybe this is a card I haven't bought or something...I don't see it over on the left of my screen.

Wethog, If I ever get my boat to Naptown again when I am cruising, I need  to take you fucking sailing. We need to get you on a real boat, even if it is a 4KSB.

Hike,

Its somehwere near this symbol. I've finished so cant see it anymore. There will be a padlock to the left, clicking the padlock locks the wind angle.

Take a photo of your screen and ill point it out if the above doesn't help

TWA.JPG

stu, thanks a lot for that tip....I think I found it with your guidance...it seems to be the padlock..check out my future track now after clicking on the lock.
The frenchies don't make anything easy!

apparent_wind_locked.png

Roger that. Guess I shoulda raced some practice races in the Virtual Regatta world prior to this. It is all just for fun anyway. Unless you are #1 and get a flight to a stopover. I sincerely appreciate the help, mate!

Thee are also cards to program different angles over time, called programation if i'm not mistaken, with which you can program courses over time or TWA over time. But the risk there is, as mentioned in a post earlier, if you are too fast or too slow it might not work out as planned.

Marty, thanks for the info..but, do not confuse me..us dumb Americans move in baby steps. Just getting my damn boat to sail to TWA is a huge step for me. :)