• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
WetHog

VOR '17-'18 - THE GAME

8 hours ago, mkgsailor said:

Corrections per above, plus all of the OA rankings for those of you in my list:

Place SA Name Boat Name Days Hours Min Sec O/A Place
1 Your Mom Your Mom SA 5 6 45 6 29
2 Breitling Breitling_SA   0 17 53 105
3 Kapt'n Kirk prowler_1-SA   0 52 52 286
4 stufishing Stufishing_SA   1 4 32  
5 prettyhatemachine prettyhatemachine   1 26 21  
6 Gybe Turkey Gybe Turkey   1 35 26  
7 The Actual Dave davemw   2 4 1 639
8 Wet Hog WetHog-SA   2 4 11  
9 RIGO RIGO   2 16 51 697
10 I Sail The Black Boat Thistle1678   2 36 45  
11 Iced Tea rule69   2 39 39  
12 daan62 hutspot77   3 29 18  
13 Magool Magool   3 37 53  
14 Marty6 Cambodunum   3 38 17  
15 Vibroman Vibroman_SA   4 34 38  
16 Golden Rose Golden Rose SA   4 58 56  
17 Tunnel Rat Mongrel   5 10 7 1716
18 x2sea m2for-SA   5 26 7  
19 From The Rail A-Squared   5 54 16 1983
20 webdeveloper the-love-boat   6 29 43 2199
21 Tommmzzz tommmzzz   6 38 51 2245
22 Mud Sailor Mudsailor SA   7 32 19  
23 Driftwood Me Rongo Rekohu SA   8 36 25 2787
24 Rimike rider1982   11 8 42 3422
25 kea.nn kea.nn SA   13 8 24 3858
26 sailon2 jahmbo SA   13 10 21 3869
27 ThijsK ThijsK   15 35 14 4372
28 mkgsailor J2B2   17 17 49 4701
29 hmsmweasel Stay Thirsty M 43       22.27  
30 Ozzy Ozzy85 1 2 57 12  
31 Alpina ColombaRacing       74.77  
32 RunSampRun Samsonite SA       79.67  
33 N/A Walkaround       175.15  
34 Hike, Bitches HikeBitches       65  
35 Hydrogene Eau Gazeuse       75  
36 briar Wing it       88  
37 Sailing My Cubicle SailingMyCubicle       163  
38 Tommmzzz Tommmzzz       1454.42  
39 Driftwood Me Rongo SA       1755.96  

A few updates which are underlined as of 23:30UTC.  

VOR website says Leg 2 starts on 5th Nov and I think from the count-down clock it starts at 13:00UTC.  I'll see you on the start line.

Joined the race late yesterday.  I thought I would just start on the next leg but I am still a few days out of Lisbon.  I haven't played since the Vendee.  Boat dcarr.  Still learning the changes that were made since then.  Do they still support groups.  I remember there was an Anarchy group.

Ranked 40,000+ so I have a lot of catching up to do.

• Like 1

FARK!

I had done a tack to finish and assumed that I had crossed the finish line on Saturday. Jokes on me. I ran aground 3 nm from the finish circle and dropped 26k positions! :wacko: :angry:

I hate that the damn iOS app is SHITE and won't work. I've un-installed and re-installed a few times and finally gave up, so I could only run via desktop. 

• Downvote 1

It amazes me how you can finish in the top 5% and only receive +9 VSR points!!  Guess they do not value players who would be on the podium if your look at the percentages.  BTW, how the hell do they figure the VSR points???  Does anyone have a vague idea!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RImike said:

Do the cards carry over? What about the credits earned based on the finish? When will those be awarded? 

Cards do not carry over to the next leg.  You will get a credit bonus for the cards you have left at the end of the leg.  And the card credit bonus and the credit bonus for finishing order should be issued when you finish the race.

WetHog  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Golden Rose said:

It amazes me how you can finish in the top 5% and only receive +9 VSR points!!  Guess they do not value players who would be on the podium if your look at the percentages.  BTW, how the hell do they figure the VSR points???  Does anyone have a vague idea!!

I finished 3,422nd and got 29 vsr points. 

54 minutes ago, WetHog said:

Cards do not carry over to the next leg.  You will get a credit bonus for the cards you have left at the end of the leg.  And the card credit bonus and the credit bonus for finishing order should be issued when you finish the race.

I found the area where they buy them back. I got 130 credits for the cards and 41 credits for my finish. 

• Like 1

OK - here's an interesting point raised on facebook just now... With the 4kt minimum wind speed, has anyone considered taking the Leg 2 direct route risking the Gulf of Guinea pirates?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, RIGO said:

OK - here's an interesting point raised on facebook just now... With the 4kt minimum wind speed, has anyone considered taking the Leg 2 direct route risking the Gulf of Guinea pirates?

Upwind into 4kts is still not quick, but feel free to try it :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Tunnel Rat said:

Upwind into 4kts is still not quick, but feel free to try it :rolleyes:

Might have to have a 2 boat campaign for this leg, just for fun!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RIGO said:

Might have to have a 2 boat campaign for this leg, just for fun!

I put a beer on the western route winning over the Gulf of Guinea. Also I think the actual race usually has to leave Fernando de Noronha to port. I haven’t looked into this race, or the VR game. 

Foils are "automatically" used and give you a slight edge in reachy conditions in heavy air.  No impact otherwise.  Actually some testing by others showed the might have only worked on starboard tack last leg (a little oops on the programing side...)

Leg 2 is open and I was looking forward to paying $5 for the full option package again. Now these idiots want $15 for the full monty, WTF. All the options are jacked up and it still makes more sense to pay the $15 if I want a competitive boat. Don't know if I can justify paying this much for a game. Seems the VR guys are stepping on their dicks on this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kapt'n Kirk said:

Leg 2 is open and I was looking forward to paying $5 for the full option package again. Now these idiots want $15 for the full monty, WTF. All the options are jacked up and it still makes more sense to pay the $15 if I want a competitive boat. Don't know if I can justify paying this much for a game. Seems the VR guys are stepping on their dicks on this one.

Leg 2 is a lot longer than Leg 1.  ;)

• Like 1

Looks like the price for upgrades (sails, foils, winches ...) correlates to the VSR level (the longer the race the lower the VSR) of the race. Lower VSR, higher prices. Leg 1 was VSR 6, leg 2 is VSR 4.

On another note: I got +50 points VSR ranking for 1181st place. 66 Credits for place and 280 for unused cards.

On zezo forum someone noted that you could milk unused card credits, if already far behind, by simply not finishing the race and opening the barrels until the leg gets closed by VR. I think someone mentioned that only the six best finishes in legs count towards the overall standings. So a tactic might me to use long legs to accumulate credit for upgrades in short legs ;) One could also use the other races (Clipper, Mini Transat ...) for that purpose. Start the race and only collect cards

• Like 1

Yes I think everyone was, but of course if you want to be "competitive" you want the "full pack" which seemed to be cash only.  I think the cost was on par with last time, but it al;so seems the boat upgrades don't carry over leg to leg, can't recall if that was the case last go around...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, I Sail The Black Boat said:

Yes I think everyone was, but of course if you want to be "competitive" you want the "full pack" which seemed to be cash only.  I think the cost was on par with last time, but it al;so seems the boat upgrades don't carry over leg to leg, can't recall if that was the case last go around...

Last go around, you paid a flat fee for the entire race so upgrades applied to all legs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RImike said:

Last go around, you paid a flat fee for the entire race so upgrades applied to all legs. 

That's what I thought, couldn't remember!  That seemed fair,  if it's this every leg....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I Sail The Black Boat said:

That's what I thought, couldn't remember!  That seemed fair,  if it's this every leg....

I know the Vendee Globe was around 20 euros total and the last VOR was close to it, most likely 20 euros as well. 

• Like 1

so I screwed up. I used the credits to add light air sails, and heavy air sails. Once I realized I wanted the full kit, I bought the full kit. However, it kept my credits I paid to buy the first two sails. Any thoughts on how to go about trying to get those back?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mkgsailor said:

so I screwed up. I used the credits to add light air sails, and heavy air sails. Once I realized I wanted the full kit, I bought the full kit. However, it kept my credits I paid to buy the first two sails. Any thoughts on how to go about trying to get those back?

z2CvR6.gif

• Like 1

Hi SA'ers,

As I'm new at this VR stuff, i did join leg1 a day late... i'm after some hints on how to setup & and then ignore for the start of the 2nd VOR leg.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the programme cards to set a route before the actual start of the race 1400UTC = 0100 Mon 6th AEDT, and the yacht will start automagically??

Yeah, i'm going to have to make a few guesstimates ... but thank zezo for the win(d)

Reason being i'll now be on a yacht half way between Melbourne & Sydney (delivery for it's S2H preparation) with likely no iNet access for a day or two when the race starts. We leave 1700AEDT Fri 3rd (0600 UTC), there may be occasional  spotty mobile coverage up the east coast, i don't know never bothered trying before. &  it's too rude to ask to use the satalite data for this! 

Cheers

.kea

• Like 1

On 11/1/2017 at 8:45 AM, RImike said:

I know the Vendee Globe was around 20 euros total and the last VOR was close to it, most likely 20 euros as well. 

So if it's like this for all of the longer legs and there maybe 6 of the legs that qualify for the higher pricing we could be paying $70-$120 for this game. If you place high enough you could accrue enough credits to offset those cost. Either way it appears the guys at VR have significantly increased the price of playing this time around. 

• Like 1

14.99 Euros for the full kit for just this leg? I get that the leg is longer but it's going to add up costing more than PS4 game and I get to play the PS4 game whenever I want.

Any idea what the total cost to buy the full kit for each leg will total out too?  

• Like 1

If you have time, you can try farming cards in the other games and try cashing those in at the end of the legs to earn credits I suppose. 

• Like 1

SMC, I am feeling your pain..when you convert 15 euros into American money, it is like $18. Is $1/day for a 2.5 week leg worth it???...maybe.

So, if I check my boat 6 or 7 times per day, that is $0.15/adjustment. Not so bad when you think about it, but, meh...

We'll have to see..I may just spin around into a beautiful oblivion in this edition of the VORG by about Leg 3 if I come up with something better to do. I have one of those old Atari style joysticks that plugs into my TV that has a half dozen 80's arcade games on it that my sister bought me as a nostalgia gift a few years ago..I bet she paid $10 for it..it has PacMan, Super PacMan, Pole Position, Galaga, DigDug, Space Invaders and a few others on it and I can play that stupid thing for hours!

• Like 1

On 10/31/2017 at 6:09 PM, RIGO said:

I did a rough calculation on the distances, and taking the 'short' route it is about 5,500nm, and that includes the upwind tacks. Taking the traditional route is about 7,400nm, so the 'long' route is about 33% longer than the short route. Me thinks that the long route is much faster if you get the right winds. I remember back in 2008/9 taking an abbreviated 'long' route, the headwinds killed me.

Edited by Rainbow Spirit
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2017 at 12:43 PM, mkgsailor said:

If you submit a help request, they might refund the credits.  I'm not sure.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2017 at 3:35 AM, kea.nn said:

Hi SA'ers,

As I'm new at this VR stuff, i did join leg1 a day late... i'm after some hints on how to setup & and then ignore for the start of the 2nd VOR leg.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the programme cards to set a route before the actual start of the race 1400UTC = 0100 Mon 6th AEDT, and the yacht will start automagically??

Yeah, i'm going to have to make a few guesstimates ... but thank zezo for the win(d)

Reason being i'll now be on a yacht half way between Melbourne & Sydney (delivery for it's S2H preparation) with likely no iNet access for a day or two when the race starts. We leave 1700AEDT Fri 3rd (0600 UTC), there may be occasional  spotty mobile coverage up the east coast, i don't know never bothered trying before. &  it's too rude to ask to use the satalite data for this! 

Cheers

.kea

If you buy a Nav Pack or two (or three), you'll get enough programmation cards to schedule a couple maneuvers.  But I think it won't work until you're within 24 hours of your scheduled maneuver.

Also, my recommendation when offline for a start is to start with a straight line, not TWA.  The TWA seems to align itself to the winds at the current time instead of the winds of the scheduled start.  But - When you schedule your first post-start maneuver, you can schedule it as TWA.

• Like 1

will be starting leg 2 as Spadadua. Does anyone know whether or not the upgraded winches make any difference at all? if so, under what circumstances? % impact on a leg like this one? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frostbit said:

will be starting leg 2 as Spadadua. Does anyone know whether or not the upgraded winches make any difference at all? if so, under what circumstances? % impact on a leg like this one? 

The game has a 50% speed penalty for tacks, gybes, and sailchanges.

In theory, pro winches cut that penalty from 5 minutes of 50% speed to 75 seconds, or something like that.

The Zezo forums have some rumors about it possibly not working.  (Also about the foils only working on port tack).  I think the rumors were true when they started.  I don't know if the problems have been corrected or not.

So...  if you want to be at the front of the pack, you'll usually need pro winches and polish...  but if you aren't planning to be in the top 2% anyway, then having the right sails and right strategy will be far more important than winches or polish.

There are cases where you can skip things and still be at the front...  In the Zanzib races a while ago, there was an upwind light wind race where I skipped the foils and heavy sails, and I wound up being fine.  Never needed them, but the C0 was still important.  In Mini Leg 2 right now, I'm going without C0 or heavy sails...  significant risk.  C0 would have come in handy yesterday.  But I've made other mistakes in that race that are hurting me more than the absence of a C0, so it works out to be a worthwhile savings decision anyway.

VOR Leg 2...  will probably require every sail.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rainbow Spirit said:

I did a rough calculation on the distances, and taking the 'short' route it is about 5,500nm, and that includes the upwind tacks. Taking the traditional route is about 7,400nm, so the 'long' route is about 33% longer than the short route. Me thinks that the long route is much faster if you get the right winds. I remember back in 2008/9 taking an abbreviated 'long' route, the headwinds killed me.

Routing today shows 2.5 days faster for the west route vs the east!

• Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

Routing today shows 2.5 days faster for the west route vs the east!

My rough guess at the impact of the 4-kt minimum windspeed is...

- West will still be best, because of the downwind angle in the South Atlantic, though, not because of a better route through the doldrums.

- The best path won't be as far West as it would be in reality.  (Unless we're required to go around Fernando de Noronha...  I haven't checked...  Are we?).  Likely someone will find a nice path down the middle and then get further West after crossing the equator.

- The doldrums won't be anywhere near as challenging as usual.  Just find your line, jam through, and remember your sailchanges.  But...  since the winds evolve constantly instead of once every 6 or 12 hours, there will be times when hand-steering through wildly shifting light winds could be important.

- Leaders will get way ahead of the real boats, because the real boats don't have any minimum windspeeds.

• Like 1

All this talk about cards, winches, polish?? etc doesn't endear me to sail any part of the VOR this time. Why do they stuff about with the game so much? Anyone else remember the Mars bars that you had to feed your crew some time ago?! Crazy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Your Mom said:

The game has a 50% speed penalty for tacks, gybes, and sailchanges.

In theory, pro winches cut that penalty from 5 minutes of 50% speed to 75 seconds, or something like that.

The Zezo forums have some rumors about it possibly not working.  (Also about the foils only working on port tack).  I think the rumors were true when they started.  I don't know if the problems have been corrected or not.

So...  if you want to be at the front of the pack, you'll usually need pro winches and polish...  but if you aren't planning to be in the top 2% anyway, then having the right sails and right strategy will be far more important than winches or polish.

There are cases where you can skip things and still be at the front...  In the Zanzib races a while ago, there was an upwind light wind race where I skipped the foils and heavy sails, and I wound up being fine.  Never needed them, but the C0 was still important.  In Mini Leg 2 right now, I'm going without C0 or heavy sails...  significant risk.  C0 would have come in handy yesterday.  But I've made other mistakes in that race that are hurting me more than the absence of a C0, so it works out to be a worthwhile savings decision anyway.

VOR Leg 2...  will probably require every sail.

Thank you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rainbow Spirit said:

All this talk about cards, winches, polish?? etc doesn't endear me to sail any part of the VOR this time. Why do they stuff about with the game so much? Anyone else remember the Mars bars that you had to feed your crew some time ago?! Crazy.

YES- the damn candy bars!  I remember that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hike, Bitches! said:

SMC, I am feeling your pain..when you convert 15 euros into American money, it is like $18. Is $1/day for a 2.5 week leg worth it???...maybe.

So, if I check my boat 6 or 7 times per day, that is $0.15/adjustment. Not so bad when you think about it, but, meh...

We'll have to see..I may just spin around into a beautiful oblivion in this edition of the VORG by about Leg 3 if I come up with something better to do. I have one of those old Atari style joysticks that plugs into my TV that has a half dozen 80's arcade games on it that my sister bought me as a nostalgia gift a few years ago..I bet she paid $10 for it..it has PacMan, Super PacMan, Pole Position, Galaga, DigDug, Space Invaders and a few others on it and I can play that stupid thing for hours!

See...that's my point.  You spend the same amount on a different game and you get play it until it breaks. VORG - $18 gets you 2.5 weeks of fun.  And then you need to pony up again for the next leg.  Hmmm, I'll keep thinking on it.

• Like 1

Noticed some changes in the new version of the App (as also predicted on zezo forum):

- weather forecast for 24h free now, only longer need cards

- programmation (course/TWA change) now starts with 2 cards for the first step

According to a post on zezo forum the programmation/waypoint are supposed to change to flat cost (2 cards each step) instead of the previously increasing cost (1 card, 2 cards, 3 cards, ... per step). The first waypoint is still one card, so i don't know if they only implemented he change only for programmation and not waypoints. Anyhow the "improvement" is ridiculous. Instead of moving the cost to 1 card/step they go 2 cards/step and still charge for the first step which actually does anything. Only second and further steps achieve course changes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mudsailor said:

So the count down on auto sail cards start immediately............even if the race hasn't started yet....

If you can be online, the first few hours should involve one or two sailchanges (depending on whether you start under LG before going to C0 vs. just starting under C0).  Once you get to HG, you'll be using it for a while, I think.  If you can be online, best to do the sailchanges manually.  I've experienced cases where the sailchange card does excessive changes (ie, as the wind increases and goes aft, it could go LG-C0-LG-C0-HG-C0-HG).  That would be extreme.  Worst I've actually seen (I think) was 3 sailchanges when only 1 was necessary, but you'll see the point...

• Like 1

"Due to a great amount of players, some functionalities have been temporarily deactivated. Thanks for your comprenhension"

Virtual Regatta at its best !!

• Like 2

This is kind of turning into a farce.  The only thing it has going for it at this point is the continuous weather, but everything else is getting dumber and more awful.  Is anyone playing the V L M game DavidNumber1 mentioned? Any thoughts on that one?

On 10/6/2017 at 2:47 PM, DavidNumber1 said:

Try Virtual Loup de Mer, great site. v-l-m.org. 5 minute cranks for long races, weather updates every 6 hours, you can program an autopilot. It works really well, completely free, no gimmicks.

You can use external routing software. qtVLM is fantastic, started off intended for VLM, but now some Mini sailors are using it, and plenty of other people.

There is a learning curve but once you get used to it is really good. Try the permanent record races for practice, PSDP and the three 3 Megs races.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Breitling said:

"Due to a great amount of players, some functionalities have been temporarily deactivated. Thanks for your comprenhension"

Virtual Regatta at its best !!

Haha...I had that too..I guess that is better than then thing crashing! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hike, Bitches! said:

Haha...I had that too..I guess that is better than then thing crashing! 

It’s back to normal, finally, for me now.  Can see other boats and get accurate heading for my boat now.  

I’d guess the issue was having two races going off at once.  VOR and the Transat.  So they shut down some options/info to prevent a crash. 

WetHog  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Well, off to a reasonable start, position has been up and down erratically but I guess that will settle down. 

Lets see how long it takes me to make a fundamental error and I revert to my usual mode of catch-up. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2017 at 8:05 AM, Your Mom said:

If you submit a help request, they might refund the credits.  I'm not sure.

somehow, I can't seem to figure out how to do that from the VR offshore site. Can you point me in the right direction? thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Dammit -

Late (relaxed) finish to the SB20 Nationals Prize Giving meant I didn't get online till several hours after the start and then made a course change after at least 3 jugs of beer.

Not a good call - now in the 40k s :o

Love a challenge.....!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RIGO said:

Dammit -

Late (relaxed) finish to the SB20 Nationals Prize Giving meant I didn't get online till several hours after the start and then made a course change after at least 3 jugs of beer.

Not a good call - now in the 40k s :o

Love a challenge.....!

Nationals and beer are both more important than virtual racing.

Interesting day for me today...  Day 2 or our yacht club's biggest annual regatta, and I was out racing (Flying Scot) while trying to manage three virtual races including Clipper Leg 3 (which I'm leading now) on my phone before and between races.  Can't complain.  Did well in my races without making any big mistakes in the virtual races.

• Like 1

Hello,  First lot of places from 02:00UTC.  Those who gybed south early have the lead........at the moment!

Place SA Name Boat Name Dist to Leader
1 Hike, Bitches HikeBitches 4810.52
2 Magool Magool 1.4
3 ThijsK ThijsK 28.8
4 Iced Tea rule69 30.9
5 Wet Hog WetHog-SA 36.2
6 Breitling Breitling_SA 36.6
7 daan62 hutspot77 40.5
8 Gybe Turkey Gybe Turkey 44.2
9 Your Mom Your Mom SA 46.4
10 prettyhatemachine prettyhatemachine 47.4
11 I Sail The Black Boat Thistle1678 48.1
12 Kapt'n Kirk prowler_1-SA 48.2
13 briar Wing it 50.6
14 Hydrogene Eau Gazeuse 50.7
15 stufishing Stufishing_SA 51
16 Marty6 Cambodunum 51.5
17 Mud Sailor Mudsailor SA 52
18 Tunnel Rat Mongrel 54.5
19 x2sea m2for-SA 58.7
20 From The Rail A-Squared 63
21 Driftwood Me Rongo Rekohu SA 66.1
22 Vibroman Vibroman_SA 68
23 Golden Rose Golden Rose SA 74.9
24 Sailing My Cubicle SailingMyCubicle 75
25 The Actual Dave Davemw 84.2
26 Ozzy Ozzy85 87.1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Nationals and beer are both more important than virtual racing.

Interesting day for me today...  Day 2 or our yacht club's biggest annual regatta, and I was out racing (Flying Scot) while trying to manage three virtual races including Clipper Leg 3 (which I'm leading now) on my phone before and between races.  Can't complain.  Did well in my races without making any big mistakes in the virtual races.

You win...  

Didn't take the phone out on the water - and then (it being Singapore) it was all about beers in the pool to cool off from the sailing;  15kts of wind isn't going to help cool you off in 40 degree high humidity heat...  Great sailing tho...

So - got online this morning (I'm UTC +8) and found I'd dropped to:

Mini:8,790 / TJV:35,386 / VOR:19,344, Clipper:6,236... Oh well 

At least, with all the irresponsible drinking and lack of Nav - I haven't managed to run myself onto a beach, which is more than can be said for.... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, unplugged34 said:

Tunnel Rat

Can you please add me to your list.

Thanks

boat: dcarr

Sorry mate, VR in their infinite wisdom have restricted the number of friends to 25, so I can't add extra people, hopefully    mkgsailor will be along later to do a second listing of all those that I can't sort out.

Have fun!

• Like 1

BTW are there any updates to the following positions, if not I will take these placings as the final ones for Leg 1 to feed into an overall score.  Or can someone point me to where VR are hiding the results for Leg 1.

Cheers, TR

11 Iced Tea rule69   2 39 39  
12 daan62 hutspot77   3 29 18  
13 Magool Magool   3 37 53  
14 Marty6 Cambodunum   3 38 17  
15 Vibroman Vibroman_SA   4 34 38  
16 Golden Rose Golden Rose SA   4 58 56  
17 Tunnel Rat Mongrel   5 10 7 1716
18 x2sea m2for-SA   5 26 7  
19 From The Rail A-Squared   5 54 16 1983
20 webdeveloper the-love-boat   6 29 43 2199
21 Tommmzzz tommmzzz   6 38 51 2245
22 Mud Sailor Mudsailor SA   7 32 19  
23 Driftwood Me Rongo Rekohu SA   8 36 25 2787
24 Rimike rider1982   11 8 42 3422
25 kea.nn kea.nn SA   13 8 24 3858
26 sailon2 jahmbo SA   13 10 21 3869
27 ThijsK ThijsK   15 35 14 4372
28 mkgsailor J2B2   17 17 49 4701
29 hmsmweasel Stay Thirsty M 43       22.27  
30 Ozzy Ozzy85 1 2 57 12  
31 Alpina ColombaRacing       74.77  
32 RunSampRun Samsonite SA       79.67  
33 N/A Walkaround       175.15  
34 Hike, Bitches HikeBitches       65  
35 Hydrogene Eau Gazeuse       75  
36 briar Wing it       88  
37 Sailing My Cubicle SailingMyCubicle       163  
38 Tommmzzz Tommmzzz       1454.42  
39 Driftwood Me Rongo SA       1755.96
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Tunnel Rat said:

BTW are there any updates to the following positions, if not I will take these placings as the final ones for Leg 1 to feed into an overall score.  Or can someone point me to where VR are hiding the results for Leg 1.

Cheers, TR

Leg1:

14 Marty6 Cambodunum   3 38 17 1181

10 hours ago, Tunnel Rat said:

Sorry mate, VR in their infinite wisdom have restricted the number of friends to 25, so I can't add extra people, hopefully    mkgsailor will be along later to do a second listing of all those that I can't sort out.

Have fun!

Added to my list. I’ll shoot for an update on my group today at 0:00 UTC. Currently at Disney with the family so online sailboat racing isn’t exactly my wife’s idea of good use of my time.

11 hours ago, Tunnel Rat said:

Cheers, TR