Shortforbob

I still call Australia home

The Saudis use beheading to cure homosexuals, Iran hangs them Ahmadinejad said no poofs in Iran, The Islamic State throws gays from tall buildings then stones them to death if they survive the fall. Why are people silent on the Islamic death penalty for gays?

So where do the muslim Labor MP's stand on gay marriage, any comment for or against from- Ed Husic,Ann Aly,Jihad Dib, Sam Dastyari or Greens Mehreen Faruqi on gay marriage in Australia?

1 minute ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

The Saudis use beheading to cure homosexuals, Iran hangs them Ahmadinejad said no poofs in Iran, The Islamic State throws gays from tall buildings then stones them to death if they survive the fall. Why are people silent on the Islamic death penalty for gays?

So where do the muslim Labor MP's stand on gay marriage, any comment for or against from- Ed Husic,Ann Aly,Jihad Dib, Sam Dastyari or Greens Mehreen Faruqi on gay marriage in Australia?

Mo..take your one trick pony elsewhere..you're as bad as tom and Guns.

• Like 1

Just now, Shortforbob said:

Come on meli, tell us where these muslim MP's stand on gay marriage

12 minutes ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

All six of Germany's Muslim members of parliament voted in favour of same-sex marriage as Angela Merkel faced criticism for opposing the bill and announcing: "Marriage is between a man and a woman."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/angela-merkel-chancellor-germany-same-sex-marriage-vote-lgbt-muslim-mps-berlin-bundestag-cdu-sdp-a7819391.html

Anne Ali..Muslim member for Cowen (Australia)

"...The two candidates also clashed over their positions on same-sex marriage.

Dr Aly said she supported marriage equality and supported Labor's position on the issue.

"I support marriage equality because I come from a culture and a tradition where women often aren't allowed to pick and choose who they are going to marry," she said.

"When you've been in that situation it's really hard to walk past and to say to other people 'Well you can't pick who you're going to marry either'."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KKznnyegKKUJ:www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-30/cowan-candidates-bicker-over-smear-campaign/7557852+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

That didn't take long Mo.

• Like 1

Ed Husic Fed member for Chifley

Labor frontbencher Ed Husic has become the latest Labor MP to switch position and back same-sex marriage, in a sign of the growing momentum for the potentially landmark social reform.

I think thats both of them.

9 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Dr Aly said she supported marriage equality and supported Labor's position on the issue.

"I support marriage equality because I come from a culture and a tradition where women often aren't allowed to pick and choose who they are going to marry," she said.

"When you've been in that situation it's really hard to walk past and to say to other people 'Well you can't pick who you're going to marry either'.

Where is the outrage from feminists over muslim women not being allowed to choose who they marry, do you consider Ann Aly a reliable source for this info?

What about the other Labor and Greens MP's any comments from them?

More than 500 imams got together to protest in the UK, they didn't protest about child brides,FGM, beheading poofs or killing apostates and blasphemers or even Islamic terror, they were protesting about gay marriage.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10066730/More-than-500-imams-in-landmark-gay-marriage-protest.html

20 minutes ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

1 minute ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

Where is the outrage from feminists over muslim women not being allowed to choose who they marry, do you consider Ann Aly a reliable source for this info?

What about the other Labor and Greens MP's any comments from them?

More than 500 imams got together to protest in the UK, they didn't protest about child brides,FGM, beheading poofs or killing apostates and blasphemers or even Islamic terror, they were protesting about gay marriage.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/1066730/More-than-500-imams-in-landmark-gay-marriage-protest.html

Mo..you asked a question..you got an answer..100% of Muslim MP's in Oz and Germany back same sex marriage

So hop on your pony and trot off.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I named more than 2 what about Sam and Jihad Dib along with Faruqi?

Family law recognises same sex defacto couples, gay couples already have the same rights as hetero couples with family law are the poofs ignorant of this fact?

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Mo..you asked a question..you got an answer..100% of Muslim MP's in Oz and Germany back same sex marriage

So where do Sam Dastyari, Jihad Dib and Mehreen Faruqi stand on gay marriage naming 2 is hardly 100% unless you come from Dumbfuckistan

4 minutes ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

So where do Sam Dastyari, Jihad Dib and Mehreen Faruqi stand on gay marriage naming 2 is hardly 100% unless you come from Dumbfuckistan

They are state parliamentarians not Fed's  nothing to do with the stupid plebiscite.

But seeing as you ask:

Mehreen Faruqi

SPEECH ON THE SAME SEX MARRIAGE BILL 2013

Posted on 31/10/2013

"I rise today on behalf of the Greens to speak strongly and proudly in support of the Same Sex Marriage Bill 2013.

I would like to begin by acknowledging the gallery full of supporters of the LGBTI community, who have worked hard for many years to advocate for equal rights. I also pay tribute to the work and passion of many others who have been unable to join us today but whose work has been fundamental to removing discrimination in our society."

You can look up the rest yourself.

I take it you are pro same sex marriage? seeing as you're so vehemently outraged by those who oppose?

• Downvote 1

Just now, Shortforbob said:

I take it you are pro same sex marriage? seeing as you're so vehemently outraged by those who oppose?

Gay couples already have the same rights as hetero couples with family law in Australia.

Family law recognises same sex couples in Australia.

We have the country going into debt, we have 4 states in the top 10 in the world for high electricity costs, housing is not affordable in Sydney and Melbourne there are far greater problems for our politicians to deal with.

Moron Been Lying can't work out which side of the issue he wants to be on. Tries blasting the Muslim MP's for not supporting same-sex marriage... then when shown to be wrong about them, starts justifying why we shouldn't be legislating same sex marriage. 

If I told you there were idiots like this around, you wouldn't believe it... sometimes you just have to see the stupidity on display with your own eyes.

• Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

Gay couples already have the same rights as hetero couples with family law in Australia.

Family law recognises same sex couples in Australia.

We have the country going into debt, we have 4 states in the top 10 in the world for high electricity costs, housing is not affordable in Sydney and Melbourne there are far greater problems for our politicians to deal with.

So..you're in bed with some muslims on this issue :D against SSM 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

They are state parliamentarians not Fed's  nothing to do with the stupid plebiscite.

But seeing as you ask:

Mehreen Faruqi

Posted on 31/10/2013

"I rise today on behalf of the Greens to speak strongly and proudly in support of the Same Sex Marriage Bill 2013.

I would like to begin by acknowledging the gallery full of supporters of the LGBTI community, who have worked hard for many years to advocate for equal rights. I also pay tribute to the work and passion of many others who have been unable to join us today but whose work has been fundamental to removing discrimination in our society."

What's that term that muslims use for telling porkies to infidels? Taqiya I reckon. :rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, Scratchanot said:

What's that term that muslims use for telling porkies to infidels? Taqiya I reckon. :rolleyes:

Mormons call it "Lying for the Lord". Like Muslims, most of them don't practice that kind of dishonesty.

I really can't understand why Turncoat just doesn't take the bull by the horns and just introduce the legislation.

There's almost 70% support. Votes he may lose from the religious right and homophobes he'll pick up elsewhere and lets face it..I can't see the Fred Niles ever voting Labor...there's no need for any stupid referendum or plebiscite. 

On 8/10/2017 at 11:27 PM, Shortforbob said:

Why cant you answer his question?

14 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I really can't understand why Turncoat just doesn't take the bull by the horns and just introduce the legislation.

There's almost 70% support. Votes he may lose from the religious right and homophobes he'll pick up elsewhere and lets face it..I can't see the Fred Niles ever voting Labor...there's no need for any stupid referendum or plebiscite

You're forgetting that the plebiscite was a campaign promise, a commitment, one of the planks that the coalition was elected on.

On 8/11/2017 at 7:28 PM, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

On 8/11/2017 at 7:41 PM, Shortforbob said:

All six of Germany's Muslim members of parliament voted in favour of same-sex marriage as Angela Merkel faced criticism for opposing the bill and announcing: "Marriage is between a man and a woman."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/angela-merkel-chancellor-germany-same-sex-marriage-vote-lgbt-muslim-mps-berlin-bundestag-cdu-sdp-a7819391.html

Anne Ali..Muslim member for Cowen (Australia)

"...The two candidates also clashed over their positions on same-sex marriage.

"When you've been in that situation it's really hard to walk past and to say to other people 'Well you can't pick who you're going to marry either'."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KKznnyegKKUJ:www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-30/cowan-candidates-bicker-over-smear-campaign/7557852+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

That didn't take long Mo.

On 8/11/2017 at 7:46 PM, Shortforbob said:

Labor frontbencher Ed Husic has become the latest Labor MP to switch position and back same-sex marriage, in a sign of the growing momentum for the potentially landmark social reform.

On 8/11/2017 at 7:51 PM, Shortforbob said:

On 8/11/2017 at 7:53 PM, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

I named more than 2 what about Sam and Jihad Dib along with Faruqi?

Family law recognises same sex defacto couples, gay couples already have the same rights as hetero couples with family law are the poofs ignorant of this fact?

On 8/11/2017 at 7:57 PM, Shortforbob said:

But seeing as you ask:

Mehreen Faruqi

Posted on 31/10/2013

3 hours ago, Moderate said:

Why cant you answer his question?

:rolleyes:

I did..Mo couldn't handle the answer and ran away...presumably to find ONE aussie muslim polly that fits his sad agenda.

5 hours ago, Scratchanot said:
20 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

there's no need for any stupid referendum or plebiscite. 

You're forgetting that the plebiscite was a campaign promise, a commitment, one of the planks that the coalition was elected on.

Which in no way means the plebiscite or referendum is required. It simply means the Coalition wanted to use it as a delaying tactic. It was changed to "the union of a man and a woman" by the Coalition without needing (or running) a referendum or plebiscite. It can be changed back to allow same-sex marriage without the need for a referendum or plebiscite.

6 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Which in no way means the plebiscite or referendum is required. It simply means the Coalition wanted to use it as a delaying tactic. It was changed to "the union of a man and a woman" by the Coalition without needing (or running) a referendum or plebiscite. It can be changed back to allow same-sex marriage without the need for a referendum or plebiscite.

When was that?

14 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:
20 hours ago, Scratchanot said:
On 8/12/2017 at 7:36 PM, Shortforbob said:

there's no need for any stupid referendum or plebiscite. 

Except I never said it was "required". I said it was a plank of the coalition campaign, an election promise.

10 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

When was that?

August 16, 2004 - John Howard.

1 hour ago, Scratchanot said:

Except I never said it was "required". I said it was a plank of the coalition campaign, an election promise.

I never said you stated it was "required".

I said you replied to "there's no need for any stupid referendum or plebiscite". The statement you took issue with is valid & correct regardless of the coalition's campaign and election promises.

Try actually reading the post you're about to whinge about next time. At the very least, you'll whine in such a way as to give you weasel room.

On 8/11/2017 at 7:46 PM, Shortforbob said:

The openly carpet munching Penny Wrong had years in government to fix this but did nothing. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Oh course it can be, but Turnbull knows that if he gives an inch on this, enough of the loony right God bothers will leave the party and it will be the end for him. He is a spineless tool who, just like Penny the Wrong before him, has put politics ahead of what is right. With around 5% of the population being active church goers, one would have thought that this plebiscite will be a lay down misere, but apart from the Gay community and all the attention seekers putting poofy rainbow frames on their facebook profiles who really cares?

Do enough Australians who support same sex marriage give a big enough fuck to be bothered filling in the vote card and posting it back? I doubt that there will be a 50% voter turnout on this, most people just aren't that engaged by it. Many like me are fucking pissed off that our parliament are even wasting time on this shit. The Churchs should get on board. They might get a few more wedding bookings out of it. 

Turnbull should have passed legislation legislating it months ago, not only would it have put the greens and Shorten on the back foot it would have kick started the economy though the 'Fabulous' wedding planning industry. Marriage is a crook anyway. My Beautiful wife and I have been happily married for 30 years in a few weeks. Bur we aren't still together because of a certificate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bent Sailor said:

August 16, 2004 - John Howard.

John Winston Howard - Australia's second longest serving and greatest Prime Minister.  Some great PM's of the past didn't let indigenous people vote either. It is wrong now but different times. Now remind us what Rudd and Gilard did for marriage equality during there years in government? This is a bi partisan fuck up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

I never said you stated it was "required".

I said you replied to "there's no need for any stupid referendum or plebiscite". The statement you took issue with is valid & correct regardless of the coalition's campaign and election promises.

Try actually reading the post you're about to whinge about next time. At the very least, you'll whine in such a way as to give you weasel room.

Wrong again. I never took issue with Mel's statement. I pointed out her omission. 

You can ignore that fact as much as you like but it does not for a moment change that fact. :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Scratchanot said:

Wrong again. I never took issue with Mel's statement. I pointed out her omission. 

Right. Telling someone that they have forgotten something relevant is because you have no issue with their statement & are agreeing with them. Understood. :rolleyes: 

Now, for the love of god, go hump someone else's leg.

But no one is stopping you from taking it in the arse mate- it is only a piece of paper.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legion of Modernrate Jack said:

Well i guess Rudd & Gilard`s very public stance on views similar to JWH, and being leaders stopped the underling MPs from doing anything. Not like any bi partisan help was comming from LNP under pope abbott!

No one tries harder to re-right history than a RWNJ QLDr with a XXXX dissolved cranium!

Who's re righting history? Did Gillard and Rudd legalise same sex marriage? I must have missed that. Why is this so important to you petal?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Right. Telling someone that they have forgotten something relevant is because you have no issue with their statement & are agreeing with them. Understood. :rolleyes: 

Now, for the love of god, go hump someone else's leg.

Sanctimonious cunt aren't you. Go back and read, you'll see you're a lying cunt as well. 

I made a factual comment to Meli, you've had you're nose on my ass ever since. 

You make yourself look silly

Talking of "still calling Australia home" these citizenship "outings" are getting ridiculous.

Barnaby Joyce is a Kiwi :D

And did Tony Abbott actually ever give up his UK citizenship?

I know when I became an Aussie by swearing and getting my little gum tree, my UK citizenship was not revoked. All chuckles aside this is getting silly..If Joyce is forced out..how many of our federal MP's are second generation poms? AFAIK, automatic citizenship of some countries lasts two generations. It's half the fucking country.

Would this be a constitutional crisis?

Slight thread drift ahead but sort of related

Seems Barnaby calls Australia & NZ home. How ridiculous is this hey? Just because his father was a NZ citizen he is by descent and now may not be eligible to remain as a member of the Federal Parliament. Not saying Barnaby is a saint but this is ridiculous. Johnny Depp must be laughing his head off!!

Edit: mmm...seems Meli and I were of the same thought at the same time. Scary :blink:

11 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

Seems Barnaby calls Australia & NZ home. How ridiculous is this hey? Just because his father was a NZ citizen he is by descent and now may not be eligible to remain as a member of the Federal Parliament. Not saying Barnaby is a saint but this is ridiculous. Johnny Depp must be laughing his head off!!

Edit: mmm...seems Meli and I were of the same thought at the same time. Scary :blink:

Heh..Or we both got up from our nanna nap at the same time. :D

Section 44 of the constitution (thankfully being written in plain, unambiguous language)

clearly disqualifies Joyce..and who knows how many others?

Disqualification

Any person who:

(i)  is under any acknowledgment of allegiance, obedience, or adherence to a foreign power, or is a subject or a citizen or entitled to the rights or privileges of a subject or a citizen of a foreign power; 

shall be incapable of being chosen or of sitting as a senator or a member of the House of Representatives.

1 hour ago, Scratchanot said:

Sanctimonious cunt aren't you.

No.

Go back and read, you'll see you're a lying cunt as well. 

Not a single mistruth from me. You not liking what was said doesn't make it false. Your statement above is incorrect.

I made a factual comment to Meli, you've had you're nose on my ass ever since.

I've only made factual comments in this thread. Your personal "whatever" you project on me doesn't change that. That's all your leg-humping, not mine.

You make yourself look silly

Yeah. You keep telling yourself that.

OldLegHumper.jpg.8d0db35bcb14277fba5111efc53b86b3.jpg

Constitutional crisis requiring a referendum?

Great,,we can..Fix the marriage equality thing, The Queen thing, The aboriginal thing and the citizenship thing, all in one fell swoop :D

10 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Constitutional crisis requiring a referendum?

Great,,we can..Fix the marriage equality thing, The Queen thing, The aboriginal thing and the citizenship thing, all in one fell swoop :D

What needs fixing? Only the aboriginal thing and spineless muppets like you & Bent don't want to talk about it.

Constitutional crisis? You're fucked in the head. Seriously.

10 minutes ago, Scratchanot said:

What needs fixing? Only the aboriginal thing and spineless muppets like you & Bent don't want to talk about it.

Well a constitutional crisis only occurs when the Constitution can't resolve an issue..so in this case I guess you are right..

Bye Bye Barny..et al. :D

9 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:
22 minutes ago, Scratchanot said:

Well a constitutional crisis only occurs when the Constitution can't resolve an issue..so in this case I guess you are right..

Bye Bye Barny..et al. :D

^_^

1 hour ago, albanyguy said:

Well this is blowback.  After the right wing decimated the Greens over this  ,,, guess what!

A few questions..with all these MP's being disqualified, what does that impact?

All legislation passed or failed since the last election?

Does it invalidate the election it'self if the government would not have had a majority?

Bi elections to be held to replace Ludlum et al? 

Finally oz politics might get interesting.

seems my thread title was apt for any number of occasions :D

I think there's 23 MP's born O/S..how many have a non ozzy parent or grand parent?:o

I think we'll have to close up PH for a while..talk about a can of worms..Who started this "expose' anyway?

Aussies really don't like going to the polls out of term.

4 minutes ago, random said:

Well this is blowback.  After the right wing decimated the Greens over this  ,,, guess what!

Seems to be a bit of civil war going on in the Green federal ranks atm mate so no one is looking too good atm.

And Meli - no election needed to replace Ludlum & Waters - they will be replaced by whoever was next on the Green Senate ticket in their respective States. Not sure whether it invalidates any legislation passed since the election. Would be an absolute legal minefield if it did so doubt it would. There would, however, need to be a by-election in New England if it is deemed Joyce was ineligible.

There might be a silver ..nay,,golden lining..Pauline Hanson's grandparents were UK migrants :D

Well hopefully her NSW counterpart Malcolm Roberts gets his marching orders from the High Court. Only problem there is that the next One Nation candidate on the list was Hanson's cousin IIRC

7 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

Well hopefully her NSW counterpart Malcolm Roberts gets his marching orders from the High Court. Only problem there is that the next One Nation candidate on the list was Hanson's cousin IIRC

Non of the hansons will be eligable if their GP's were Cits of the old dart..Some time back she said she was going to apply for duel cit.

What she obviously doen't know, is that one applies for a passport..the citizenship is automatic..in other words..you already are one.

Depending on your date of birth.

1 hour ago, random said:

No more breast feeding attention whoring stunts in the house?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Legion of Modernrate Jack said:

Lolz, ok mr okker moderate/ unhaapy jack. The post i responded to you infer that the left was at fault for inaction. False, as i pointed out above the then leaders maintained their stance, against many wishes from within and externaly of their party.

When you are droll or amusing it is good, when you smoke dream talkback 1950s style right speak crap you deserve to be called out. When there is endless banter of crap that is designed to dilute or distract from a topic then it is on like the donkey dong!

More of a concern is in your quoted post here and the later dung punching with or without paperwork one,..

i suggest = he who smelt it dealt it!

Like many conservative bravado types, is there something from your tenderloin years, that taints your output causing a bizzare reaction, when these topics are disscusted? (sic)

The topic at hand (snigger) is about love between a couple. Not the religious or accepted norms of decades past. I think you would have preferred the old QLD when homo action was illegal and a staple for blackmail revenue among the "lads"!

What is it about you gay men claiming anyone who makes a Homophobic joke either was interfered with as a child or secretly wants to smoke dick? You arse bandits love to stereotype people don't you. You should stop. It is very hurtful. 

• Like 1

Could all you socks go back to using your original names?? Many of your posts make more sense when combined with  some historical understanding of your previously held positions and comments . 

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

What is it about you gay men claiming anyone who makes a Homophobic joke either was interfered with as a child or secretly wants to smoke dick? You arse bandits love to stereotype people don't you. You should stop. It is very hurtful. 

I was always going to be a doctor, from a young age I was intrigued by anatomy and physiology, and was always the first with a band aid etc when a friend was injured. 

Prior to starting year 11, I had enrolled in all the appropriate course for medicine; maths, physics and chemistry. I was all set. Then two weeks into the school year I became unwell and spent three days in hospital. It was then that I had an epiphany. My whole life I figured I wanted to be a Dr. because doctors are men and nurses are women, but in hospital I observed first hand what actually happens ( not what the TV says). From that point I realized I wanted to be a nurse. 

Well the shit hit the fan when I told my classmates. Back in the late 80's small town rural Australia male nurses were "gay". Sadly, some of you dumb fucks might still think this way. 

I copped a lot of grief at school, especially from one kid. He was in the year below but was in a whole different weight category to me. That kid punched me in the mouth one four separate occasions, whilst calling fag, pomfret etc. Each time I laughed at him and said that I hope my jaw didn't hurt his hand. The beatings stopped after a week or so. I figured he found someone else to pick on. 

Fast forward 10 years and I in charge of a cardiac surgery ward in Sydney one afternoon when a new staff member was starting. In pranced this particularly effeminate nurse with bleach blonde hair, guess who? Yep, my friendly highschool bully. 

I mention this LB because those stereotypes of latent homosexuality presenting as aggression are real and have merit. 

Seems Amber has caught up with the news re Barnaby. From her Twitter feed

"To comfort Mr. Joyce in his hour need, I have sent him a box of New Zealand's finest kiwi fruit (assuming this passes his biosecurity laws)"

DHOwg8SU0AEVNFj.jpg

3 minutes ago, Legion of Modernrate Jack said:

Again Likely Buggered @15 goes the attack and natural ass umption that any sane male with any compassion or views contrary to the old testiclement is a poof = RWNJ tard logic 101!

• Like 1

And now Nick Xenophon. When will it end? God help us if Pauline Hanson is the only one left standing!!!:o

With the postal votes coming out tomorrow..I thought of an old 1970 film..the rise and rise of Michael Rimmer.

There's a scene with hundreds of posties (old english variety with caps and sack), toiling up every tower block staircase to deliver the next round of "the citizens democracy" "votes".

"Watching Michael Rimmer today, what's most astonishing is its extraordinary powers of prophecy. Admittedly, the specifics of the story were pure fantasy (to the best of my knowledge, no British MP has ever murdered the Prime Minister by pushing him off a North Sea oil rig) "

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2007/jun/30/television.comedy

Written by Peter Cook,
John Cleese,
Graham Chapman
Kevin Billington
Starring Peter Cook
Vanessa Howard
John Cleese
Harold Pinter
Arthur Lowe

This filum got mixed reviews and sort of disappeared..I seem to remember it was V funny..but maybe I was "not quite myself" when I last saw it a long time ago.

Funny It gets canned because of Cook's wooden acting..yet the original "Bedazzled" is one of my all time favourite films.

Anyway..If you've nothing better to do on the eve of our first step to legislation by popular opinion..

I present for your enjoyment...

Well..I got 3 "survey/ballot thingys in the post today.

I live in an area that overwhelmingly will cast a YES vote.

I wonder..If I were to trot across the highway..and snitch a couple of hundred "ballots" from mailboxes...? (That demographic won't even notice they're gone)

Why we are wasting our tax dollars on this stupidly flawed exercise? 

That is obviously a rhetorical question. Bent will be along soon to give you the answer you want. 

19 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

That is obviously a rhetorical question. Bent will be along soon to give you the answer you want. 

That the same-sex marriage survey has nothing to do with politician citizenship?

1 hour ago, Bent Sailor said:

That the same-sex marriage survey has nothing to do with politician citizenship?

Umm I rather cleverly ( I thought :D) wrote an OP that covered Both topics..Cuntry and Western 

or maybe thats Country AND east/western

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

Umm I rather cleverly ( I thought :D) wrote an OP that covered Both topics..Cuntry and Western 

And not only do they still have nothing to do with one another, but it turns out it wasn't the answer you wanted. AlbanyGuy will be most put out :lol: 

Um..point of order, what answer did I want to rhetorical question?

Your reply is as good as any :D

14 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Um..point of order, what answer did I want to rhetorical question?

Ask albanyguy - he's the one bringing it up ;)

2 hours ago, albanyguy said:

Bent will be along soon to give you the answer you want. 

Just now, Bent Sailor said:

Ask albanyguy - he's the one bringing it up ;)

Well 50% is usually counted as a pass 

2 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

And not only do they still have nothing to do with one another, but it turns out it wasn't the answer you wanted. AlbanyGuy will be most put out :lol: 

You're correct 

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Well 50% is usually counted as a pass 

Not according to the entity through which i do my CPD! :P

On 8/14/2017 at 5:09 PM, LB 15 said:

I have literally lost count of how many times it's been true, though.  Direct experience: just about every time I've argued for gay rights, in real life  -  and I've done it more than a few times  -  the guy who was the most homophobic, during the argument, has later, eventually, made a drunken pass at me. 

Homophobia makes no sense if you're actually hetero.  Some guys takes himself out of the competition for women... and I'm supposed to be upset about it?   

Homophobia only makes sense if you're gay or bi or at least bi-curious, and repressing it.

59 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Homophobia only makes sense if you're gay or bi or at least bi-curious, and repressing it.

Not necessarily. Remember that a lot of people's fears about other people are due to projection of their own behaviours and beliefs onto them. A pathological liar often believes that people are lying to them, a fraud will often believe people are trying to defraud them, and so on.

The most homophobic people I've ever met are those that put undue pressure onto women to sleep with them, are generally dismissive of consent issues, and are quite aggressive in their pursuit of sexual exploits. Projecting that onto other people, they believe that the homosexual men (or women) they meet are going to pressure them aggressively for sex without much consideration of their consent.

I mean, there's that and the tribalistic fear of the "other" which, in religious circles, most homosexuals and those of non-accepted sexuality get cast as.

57 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Not necessarily. Remember that a lot of people's fears about other people are due to projection of their own behaviours and beliefs onto them. A pathological liar often believes that people are lying to them, a fraud will often believe people are trying to defraud them, and so on.

The most homophobic people I've ever met are those that put undue pressure onto women to sleep with them, are generally dismissive of consent issues, and are quite aggressive in their pursuit of sexual exploits. Projecting that onto other people, they believe that the homosexual men (or women) they meet are going to pressure them aggressively for sex without much consideration of their consent.

I mean, there's that and the tribalistic fear of the "other" which, in religious circles, most homosexuals and those of non-accepted sexuality get cast as.

At last a topic that you can argue about without having to ask Siri. You go girl! And your new avatar is 'fabulous'...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I wonder..If I were to trot across the highway..and snitch a couple of hundred "ballots" from mailboxes...? (That demographic won't even notice they're gone)

And in case you get caught -start binge watching 'orange is the new black'. Lots of same sex lovein to help you prepare for your time away.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

And in case you get caught -start binge watching 'orange is the new black'. Lots of same sex lovein to help you prepare for your time away.

I din't say I would..but easily could .

10 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

That theory holds water, but it doesn't explain the drunken request to suck my dick.

That toxic level of hypermasculinity... I suspect... is more of the same.  Over-compensating.

10 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Your social norms types, or religious types  -  they get bored after a half-hour  -  agree to disagree & move on to another subject. 

I'm talking about the passionate homophobe, the dude who keeps arguing when everyone else has lost interest.

I wouldn't say that all or even 10% homophones are latent homosexual.

That's just too easy.

Most of the homophobes both male and female are simply of the "it's different to me, kill it" elk.

Is it simply a coincidence that most homophones have more than one "phobia" ?

The problem IMHO is simply lazy thinking..this applies to racism too.

on topic..YCMTSU..people are selling their "ballots/survey forms on Ebay now :D

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-16/afp-asked-to-investigate-sale-of-same-sex-marriage-survey-forms/8951198

6 hours ago, frenchie said:

That theory holds water, but it doesn't explain the drunken request to suck my dick.

I won't argue with that particular experience, just relating my own. Definitely met one or two latent homosexuals, but the majority of the homophobia I've seen firsthand has been from religious family and from isolated mining town folks.

The religious & tribal folks will argue so long as they're getting a reaction (from the crowd or the victim), and as you say generally stop when they are no longer getting that. There are one or two people that make their religion such a key part of their identity that homophobia is just part and parcel of their package. Thing is, they're generally dicks already and the homophobia doesn't define them - it's just part of their general asshole persona.

The (primarily young) homophobes will generally be those who aggressively pursue their sexual partners with little regard to said person's wants/needs in the matter. They're the ones I see the projection in.

I'm talking about the passionate homophobe, the dude who keeps arguing when everyone else has lost interest.

So am I. The way I see it, we can both be right - there are latent homophobes, there are the tribal/religious types, and men projecting their overly aggressive sexual nature (with lack of consent) onto others. No reason for homophobia to be solely caused by one thing ;) 

Well this thread has almost gone full circle.

Looks like the SSM postal survey has been a lot more successful than many pundits predicted, in terms of voter turnout. Some of the vitriol hasn't been too pleasant but I wouldn't be surprised if the yes vote prevails given the size of the turnout. The under 35's seem to know how to tick a box, find a letterbox and post a letter. 

Re the Citizenship Seven saga

Joyce, Nash, Ludlam, Waters, and most importantly, Roberts - Gone

Xenophon & Canavan - keep their seat, though Nick's resigning.

Nats may lose Nash's seat on a recount to the next candidate on the joint LNP ticket to a Lib member. Joyce will renominate for the seat of New England with by-election likely on 2 December. Government loses it's one seat majority until result of by-election.

And then you've got the ROC saga with Sen Cash under heaps of pressure due to her media adviser tipping off the media without her knowledge. Not the best of weeks for Malcolm and his government. But the alternative is worse in my opinion. No way could I accept the grubbiest man in politics to be our PM and now that Ardern has got hold of the Kiwi Government my option of going to NZ if Shorten ever does become PM here is now not an option.

Sad. So. Very. Sad.

9 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

The under 35's seem to know how to tick a box, find a letterbox and post a letter. 

And us over 35's don't? Not exactly sure what your point is here.

9 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

And then you've got the ROC saga with Sen Cash under heaps of pressure due to her media adviser tipping off the media without her knowledge.

Yeah, that's not really an established fact. The media advisor is keeping his mouth shut (all the better to secure a job in another Liberal's staff) and, well, Senator Cash has already proven less than reliable. 

I'll spell it out for you Bent - the under 35's seem to only be able to communicate by digit these days. Posting a letter is arcane to many. The leftist argument was that a postal survey would underrepresent the under 35 vote because a higher % than those over 35 wouldn't respond to a postal survey. It seems it hasn't panned out that way.

Re Cash - of course to you it's not an established fact. I wouldn't be surprised at all that she has been entirely truthful as to when she became aware and once she did she said so. The fact is the reason the ALP is going after her sooo hard is because they want the investigation into the donation from the AWU to GetUp stopped in its tracks. No one is looking good in all of this and to be frank I'm sick of it all.