Shortforbob

I still call Australia home

7 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Religious freedom panel recommends religious schools be able to turn away gay students

No problems at all. You want to declare your private religious club a "gay-free zone" - have at it. 

On the other hand, if you want government funding for your club, you're going to have to take that policy and shove it up your ass sideways. 

I suspect you're going to be disappointed. They will get the public money with a side order of bigotry.

Unfortunately.

Off shore detention.

Well..we have an election coming up.

We have a problem.

All those people, including Kiddies, still banged up in offshore detention.

What to do?

Labors policy is gutless.

https://www.alp.org.au/asylumseekers

Passing the problem off to NZ is one of the most lame gutless pathetic asks I've ever read.

It's a problem created by Australian politicians, both sides,,and WE need to deal with it.

My solution.

Bring them here. These people committed no crime..remember that.

They've been successfully used to stop people smuggling..Time to show some big people pants and actually show that never doesn't always mean never.

But the boats will start up again..I??

I dont think that's necessarily so. 

The message has gone out loud and clear.."you get on a boat and try to gain entry..you'll not be allowed in."

But..but..we're letting them in you say?

Not really, those already on Manus and Nauru come here, BUT in future, if its made very very public, both here and over the world that we will take refugees that are UN vetted, but will send anyone else back to a country that is safe,compatible with their culture, language and religion..immediately. (With a few conditions)** That should stop them trying.

Conditions** we will negotiate with prospective host countries on their behalf to resettle them.

We will pay those who pass the UN refugee criteria  a sum ..enough to pay back any shark loans that they borrowed to get here..(what is it a few thousand dollars? and we pay the debt not hand over cash) and we will give them sufficient to satisfy their new host that they will not be a burden on their host country..what's that? a few more thousands?

Sort of sponsoring them to live in a safe but socially compatible country.

Compared to what it costs us to keep these people in captivity, it's peanuts.

I know it sounds mad, but think about it 

The Host country benefits..a lot of these people are educated and bringing money in.

The refugees benefit, new start in somewhere they don't feel so alien and above all they are safe.

We benefit, because it costs billions less, allows us to free up more funds to host  more refugees that are UN vetted, and we save our international reputation.

AND..it will stop economic "Refugees"

It needs work, but any better ideas..I'm willing to listen.

eg

I don't think anyone from say..somalia?? is going to borrow $10,000 from a loan shark, make a dangerous and arduous trip to Indonesia, hang around until they find a people smuggler, to stick them and their family on a rotting boat, make a dangerous trip to Australian waters, to be picked up, sent to Darwin and put straight back to...Kenya? or Botswana with $5.000 in their pocket.

Even if the cost/benefit ratio was demonstrably equal or better, it would never happen. 

Instant political suicide. A majority of Australian voters are quite OK with the current situation. Our borders are secure, no jihadists sneaking in among a crowd of alien dole bludgers. As long as the media aren't allowed near, and the doctors and nurses have to remain silent or lose their jobs and access, we aren't subjected to nightly images of misery, kids who stop eating or getting up to pee because they have simply lost the will to live.

Most of these people are not fleeing war or persecution, they're fleeing poverty and a life with no prospects of improving their lot. Choosing to chance a dangerous boat trip and illegal landing shows both their desperation and their lack of good judgement. Most will not meet any minimum standard for immigration. Skills, language, ability to assimilate, ability to contribute.

Keeping them in the current detention regime without a clear plan to get them back where they came from is horrible. Australia's dirty little secret. A workable and less ugly solution seems a long way off. 

12 minutes ago, Happy said:

Even if the cost/benefit ratio was demonstrably equal or better, it would never happen. 

Instant political suicide. A majority of Australian voters are quite OK with the current situation. Our borders are secure, no jihadists sneaking in among a crowd of alien dole bludgers. As long as the media aren't allowed near, and the doctors and nurses have to remain silent or lose their jobs and access, we aren't subjected to nightly images of misery, kids who stop eating or getting up to pee because they have simply lost the will to live.

Most of these people are not fleeing war or persecution, they're fleeing poverty and a life with no prospects of improving their lot. Choosing to chance a dangerous boat trip and illegal landing shows both their desperation and their lack of good judgement. Most will not meet any minimum standard for immigration. Skills, language, ability to assimilate, ability to contribute.

Keeping them in the current detention regime without a clear plan to get them back where they came from is horrible. Australia's dirty little secret. A workable and less ugly solution seems a long way off. 

I disagree with your assessment of the people that are currently detained..they've been vetted..the vast majority are actually refugees from war or political persecution under the UN rules ..that's a lie we've been fed..that they are economic refugees.

Political suicide? I doubt it..most people have almost forgotten they are there..I'f its done without fuss..Who objected to sending people to Cambodia? A well worded presser..a simple..WE can be magnanimous in victory, bring the kiddies and there parents in first,,then when the fuss has died down, the men on Manus.

I work with a sudanese Refugee, poor language skills, poor literacy skills..but he works harder that anyone and is universally liked..he spends his free time working to help others in his erstwhile situation and is a pillar of the Sudanese community.

(He works mainly shelving non fic..numeracy is an international language.

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

I disagree with your assessment of the people that are currently detained..they've been vetted..the vast majority are actually refugees from war or political persecution under the UN rules ..that's a lie we've been fed..that they are economic refugees.

Political suicide? I doubt it..most people have almost forgotten they are there..I'f its done without fuss..Who objected to sending people to Cambodia? A well worded presser..a simple..WE can be magnanimous in victory, bring the kiddies and there parents in first,,then when the fuss has died down, the men on Manus.

I work with a sudanese Refugee, poor language skills, poor literacy skills..but he works harder that anyone and is universally liked..he spends his free time working to help others in his erstwhile situation and is a pillar of the Sudanese community.

Let the UN deal with them, then.

I proposed a variant of that years ago - hand them over to the UNHCR to look after in one of their camps anywhere but Australia. We could up our contributions some.

You still don't grasp the basic difference on attitudes - someone's desire to get on a boat and turn up on Australian shores doesn't make them our problem, it makes it their bad judgement call. We *will not* be forced to take in anyone who arrives regardless of their story. I'll make an exception for people from occupied Papua as we are their nearest safe haven from their Javanese colonial masters.

Your Sudanese refugee - how did he get here? On a boat, or out of a camp after assessment by Australian officials prior to his departure? Good friend of mine works with some Rwandan refugees - they applied from a camp and were accepted. Nobody has any problems with that (well some outright racists do but they get told to FOAD).

If your heroes Rudd & Gillard hadn't opened the doors there wouldn't *be* anyone stuck on those islands; there was only a small handful of people left in detention when the Govt changed. Not to mention the 1000+ that died in the attempt to get here.

FKT

Um..didn't Gillard propose sending them to the refugee camps in Malaysia in return to take five times the numbers of processed refugees?

the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants in Australia arrived by airplane ........................

but hey , boat people :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Mid said:

the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants in Australia arrived by airplane ........................

but hey , boat people :rolleyes:

Not quite true, they are over stayers hence  illegal..it's not illegal to claim asylum on arrival but seeing as Refugees can rarely get a Visa to get on a plane in the first place:rolleyes:.

woosh ..................

Just now, Mid said:

woosh ..................

No "Woosh"about it..your comment's simply not relevant . It's boat people banged up off shore not over stayers.

Actually, I wonder how our authorities would deal with an Indonesian refugee arriving by boat?

They would satisfy the "first country" principle..it;s not actually illegal to come into an australian port by boat is it?

So, if an Indonesian national sailed into Sydney Harbour walked up to the port authority and claimed asylum?

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

it;s not actually illegal to come into an australian port by boat is it?

of course not , merchant seamen do it every day .

step off the boat however ................

If we issued asylum seekers visa's to travel here to claim asylum, they wouldn't have to enter without a visa in the first place.

But this topic has been hashed over many times.

I want to know what our brains trust here propose to do about those poor sods on Manus and Nauru. Can't keep em there forever.

They aren't criminals, just bloody unlucky when they timed their trip. a week or two before Rudd opened his grandstanding gob and they'd have been here and processed and living in the community. 

It's unjust and needs to be fixed...all it needs is for one party leader or another to have some guts and say for this cohort, and this cohort only..enough is enough and let them in.

people shouldn't be used this way..they are not dead foxes to hang out on a fence,

"We will decide who comes to this country and the circumstances in which they come"

Why? Because we are already here and they are not. Even though once, we weren't. 

No one gives a fuck, meli. Because we got ours and they don't.

We are quite happy to bomb places like vietnam and the middle east as long as those that want to escape the bombs don't come here. We are quite happy to turn cities to dust, as long as the inhabitants  don't want to come here.

But if someone is rich we roll out the welcome mat. We take their money,  send them to university. Give them residency. Let them use that residency to wash their money in our housing market.

We are immoral, self centered and selfish fucks. Mostly.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Um..didn't Gillard propose sending them to the refugee camps in Malaysia in return to take five times the numbers of processed refugees?

So what? She didn't ask the Malaysians first and anyway it was a really stupid idea with no controls. It was a thought bubble to distract attention from the problem *SHE AND RUDD* created. In your case it obviously worked. Some of us pay more attention.

....... and, how *did* your Sudanese refugee get here, Meli? Your reluctance to answer gives me cause to believe that I'm correct, he was assessed by Australians in an overseas camp and offered a visa. IOW, as far from being a self-invited boat person as you can get.

Every boat person your bleeding heart admits to Australia is another person like that too poor or without the opportunity to reach Indonesia who will remain in a camp overseas, because we're never going to open our borders to all comers.

I reiterate, I have no problems taking refugees from those camps. I am not going to accept that people can turn up on our shores and demand we take them in outside *very* limited cases. If this makes me a selfish, hard-hearted arsehole, I'm OK with that. It's *my* country.

Calling me names certainly won't change my attitude.

FKT

Edited by Fah Kiew Tu
afterthought

On 10/10/2018 at 9:55 AM, Bent Sailor said:

No problems at all. You want to declare your private religious club a "gay-free zone" - have at it. 

On the other hand, if you want government funding for your club, you're going to have to take that policy and shove it up your ass sideways. 

This is why they should keep a few gay members. This putting things in your arse business is much less painful for them.

Over.

13 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

So you know that all refugees are escaping war because you work with ONE Sudanese guy who can't speak English.

YCMTSU.

42 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

So what? She didn't ask the Malaysians first and anyway it was a really stupid idea with no controls. It was a thought bubble to distract attention from the problem *SHE AND RUDD* created. In your case it obviously worked. Some of us pay more attention.

....... and, how *did* your Sudanese refugee get here, Meli? Your reluctance to answer gives me cause to believe that I'm correct, he was assessed by Australians in an overseas camp and offered a visa. IOW, as far from being a self-invited boat person as you can get.

Every boat person your bleeding heart admits to Australia is another person like that too poor or without the opportunity to reach Indonesia who will remain in a camp overseas, because we're never going to open our borders to all comers.

I reiterate, I have no problems taking refugees from those camps. I am not going to accept that people can turn up on our shores and demand we take them in outside *very* limited cases. If this makes me a selfish, hard-hearted arsehole, I'm OK with that. It's *my* country.

FKT

Its *my* country. ......

I'm so happy that I can live in your country.  Thanks.

9 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

"We will decide who comes to this country and the circumstances in which they come"

Why? Because we are already here and they are not. Even though once, we weren't. 

We are quite happy to bomb places like vietnam and the middle east as long as those that want to escape the bombs don't come here. We are quite happy to turn cities to dust, as long as the inhabitants  don't want to come here.

But if someone is rich we roll out the welcome mat. We take their money,  send them to university. Give them residency. Let them use that residency to wash their money in our housing market.

Are you channeling Randumb? How about a couple of badly done memes?

Why the fuck shouldn't Refo's go live in the country? Australian teachers have to do country service. It is so unfair that these people aren't given a house in Sandringham or Point Piper when they arrive. I will let you into a little secret. The world isn't fair and no one owes you anything. 

47 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Tasmanian cunt. :) 

16 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Are you channeling Randumb? How about a couple of badly done memes?

Why the fuck shouldn't Refo's go live in the country? Australian teachers have to do country service. It is so unfair that these people aren't given a house in Sandringham or Point Piper when they arrive. I will let you into a little secret. The world isn't fair and no one owes you anything. 

They can go to the country.  I'm fine with that. Having them settle in regional areas has been shown to be a positive,  providing there are suitable services available.

The sad thing about all this is we desperately need more immigration. 

Our ability to deliver services, or infrastructure, is amongst the hardest of any developed country. We average 1.5 persons per km2, most countries average sit around 100-200 persons per km2.  So our ability to deliver infrastructure is much more expensive and problematic, as we have little income tax revenue to collect per services compared to most countries.. 

We have a small work force, approx 12.5 million souls. 

We have an ever increasing amount of retirees and they are living much longer, creating an increasing demand on the social services budget , ie: we're still handing out the pension.

This has what has lead over the years to Aus innovation, we need to constantly remodel an American, European or Asian service or product and tweak/re-engineer the fucking thing to make it economically viable to support the services demand without blowing a gaping hole in our debt levels that would come from a straight forward adoption of another trading bloc solution.

The only model that showed Australia holding and increasing our standard of living is by increasing immigration, we simply need more working stiffs to help generate the revenue needed for the economy to support us through the next 50 years. 

• Like 2

But what about those Sudanese refo's taking all the good jobs at the library away from hard working pommy refo's?

26 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Our ability to deliver services, or infrastructure, is amongst the hardest of any developed country. We average 1.5 persons per km2, most countries average sit around 100-200 persons per km2.  So our ability to deliver infrastructure is much more expensive and problematic, as we have little income tax revenue to collect per services compared to most countries.. 

We have a small work force, approx 12.5 million souls. 

We have an ever increasing amount of retirees and they are living much longer, creating an increasing demand on the social services budget , ie: we're still handing out the pension.

This has what has lead over the years to Aus innovation, we need to constantly remodel an American, European or Asian service or product and tweak/re-engineer the fucking thing to make it economically viable to support the services demand without blowing a gaping hole in our debt levels that would come from a straight forward adoption of another trading bloc solution.

The only model that showed Australia holding and increasing our standard of living is by increasing immigration, we simply need more working stiffs to help generate the revenue needed for the economy to support us through the next 50 years. 

But it needs infrastructure support and just bolting on more of the same to our capital cities is a dead end.

What should have happened decades ago is to recognise and plan for a new or extended economic zone and major urban development up in Kimberleys, plenty of water and natural resources, close to Asian markets, and somewhere for migrants to know they will have to go for at least a period of time.

My “reffo” parents and many of their friends had to work for at least 2 years on projects in places decided by the government at the time, according to their skills, And many of their formal qualifications weren’t recognised at the time either... One spent two years working on the railway across the Nullarbor but he went on to become a millionaire by creating one of the iconic Australian knitwear brands.....

29 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

But what about those Sudanese refo's taking all the good jobs at the library away from hard working pommy refo's?

Only because the sudanese can reach the books on the top shelves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidecar said:

But it needs infrastructure support and just bolting on more of the same to our capital cities is a dead end.

What should have happened decades ago is to recognise and plan for a new or extended economic zone and major urban development up in Kimberleys, plenty of water and natural resources, close to Asian markets, and somewhere for migrants to know they will have to go for at least a period of time.

My “reffo” parents and many of their friends had to work for at least 2 years on projects in places decided by the government at the time, according to their skills, And many of their formal qualifications weren’t recognised at the time either... One spent two years working on the railway across the Nullarbor but he went on to become a millionaire by creating one of the iconic Australian knitwear brands.....

Yep. We need more people in the regional towns, and this is predicated by having the supporting infrastucture. That’s where the cost is so unique to Aus, big fuck off distances and little towns. 

It’s interesting that previous governments all know this, and have attempted to kickstart the process by shutting down the public service agencies that don’t need to be located in the cbd areas and moving them to the suburbs or regional locations. Every time they’ve attempted this, the public sector unions wade in and shut it down, as its unfair to their members happily ensconced in their own little world  commuting into town and back that are happy for any change as long as it doesn’t impact them. 

The frustrating part is we’re well capable of delivering what’s needed, and we do it better than anybody else in the world, but allowing every minority group (in this case the public service) to all have a win is simply impossible. Government are now shit scared of telling us the hard cold truth as they’re worried about getting tossed. That’s the fault of the 24 hr news and 2 sec sound bites.

Give us a parliament that doesn’t give a fuck about being popular and can make hard choices , and we’re going to kick arse. 

GST is a good example. Look at the other countries with a similar model, and it’s utterly laughable we think 10% is sustainable. Will gov have the balls to lift it? Fuck no, and yet we have to do it. The longer we delay the more hurt and the bigger the shock. 

Bring back a Keating or Howard, at least they had the balls to be unpopular. 

And what about us here in Queensland? Where are these darkies going to work? We don’t have libraries up here.

7 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

And what about us here in Queensland? Where are these darkies going to work? We don’t have libraries up here.

With all those boats, surely there is a nigger shortage?

8 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

Um, I didn't call you anything

You would think they could have ironed it...

28783005_1626508384095592_1679942719986812644_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&oh=8ccbcc5f51c5f8e471c06646930a99b5&oe=5C52F9F8

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Tasmanian cunt. :) 

Thanks. How are the crocodiles in Moreton Bay ATM?

FKT

8 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

Most of our country is bloody desert. Of *course* Australia has a low population density - big place, poorly supplied with water, population highly concentrated on the fringes mainly in the SE corner.

What's the density like there? Lot higher than Arizona, New Mexico and probably Oklahoma as well. Maybe even higher than Texas.

Figure out a way of stopping immigrants from moving to the SE areas (OK Brisbane too, LB) - and I mean a way that *works* not some visa condition that will promptly be ignored - and maybe we can consider enhanced immigration.

However immigration of people with skills we need is nothing like the same as taking in hundreds of thousands of illiterate peasants then their extended families and having to feed & educate them to the point where they can get a job. If they ever get a job. The statistics aren't wonderful.

One of my women friends is a trainer here in Hobart and a lot of her students are immigrants or refugees from camps that were given visas overseas. I haven't heard of any of the self-selected lot doing training with here here in Hobart and I'm pretty sure I would have. Mind you this is a backwater. I really don't want more people moving here.

FKT

14 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Thanks. How are the crocodiles in Moreton Bay ATM?

FKT

Litiguous. Some lands right bullshit  claim about how they were here first. They allege in their claim to predate the aboriginals by tens of millions of years.

One report alleges they've been here since before the dinosaurs. Arrogant types overall , bit of an attitude on some of em.  Imagine thinking you predate the dinosaurs.....sheesh...now that's an ego.

Um, I didn't call you anything

You haven't answered my question on how your Sudanese refugee got here, either....

FKT

18 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

All good points.

But to highlight some of the better ones, for those who are too lazy to read that many words.

1. First we help the US bomb the fuck out of yellow and brown people
  2. Then we stop those fleeing the bombing, with the resulting starvation and genocide, from coming here.
  3. Then we attract the smartest of them so that there is no one left there to rebuild the country!

You missed how fucking evil that last step is.

1 minute ago, shaggybaxter said:

Litiguous. Some lands right bullshit  claim about how they were here first. They allege in their claim to predate the aboriginals by tens of millions of years.

One report alleges they've been here since before the dinosaurs. Arrogant types overall , bit of an attitude on some of em.  Imagine thinking you predate the dinosaurs.....now that's an ego.

The worst thing about them is, they think they're top predator. Everyone here would know that's bullshit. LB has to be top of the food chain (or something) in Moreton Bay.

At least the dugong population there is growing nicely.

FKT

11 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

What's the density like there? Lot higher than Arizona, New Mexico and probably Oklahoma as well. Maybe even higher than Texas.

Yes, absolutely to desert space and of course that is why, but even our metro areas is low by comparison, our regional towns really suck because of the distance involved and pop base.  Biggest issue was the working pop was shrinking as a percentage to the welfare bill, so we need a much larger working age population just to sustain an increase in infrastructure.  

Edit: Sorry, that was poorly worded. We need a big increase in working population or we cannot maintain the future required infrastructure. 

5 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

You haven't answered my question on how your Sudanese refugee got here, either....

FKT

I don't know because I'm not insensitive enough to ask.:rolleyes:

Speaking of Sudanese: I'm friendly with a guy who collects shopping trolleys in the local Woolies carpark, and wherever else around town the tourists dump them. Eight hours a day, six days a week, and it's bloody hot here mostly.

He gave me a listen to some Sudanese music, which I liked. I taught him how to say Mate. The cheery Hello mate, the what-the-fuck-are-you-doing drawn-out maaaaate?!, which he liked.

He's up here in our little tropical heaven because he reckoned in Sydney there was no work, too much crime, much too big and ugly.  His English has improved massively in the two years I've known him, and he's now supervisor of the trolley crew.  He's a happy man, and his taxes, rent and shopping help the economy.

I've never asked him anything about his family, life in Sudan, or how he got here.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

Thank kRist somebody gets it .

How about the kiddies on Nauru? and their mums, I think you could at least acknowledge they had little choice in coming here, their husbands all being muslims or other men that make all the decisions like they do in those countries, could we at least let them come here?:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

How about the kiddies on Nauru? and their mums, I think you could at least acknowledge they had little choice in coming here, their husbands all being muslims or other men that make all the decisions like they do in those countries, could we at least let them come here?:rolleyes:

Sure. As long as they don't bring their husbands with them and they can't get them in later via family reunion. After all if they're so subservient to their 'lords and masters' I'm pretty sure it's not going to be a good thing to have the entitled ones here too.

The current situation is unsatisfactory. I understand NZ will take a lot of them. OK let NZ have them with the proviso that such refugees to NZ can never get entry to Australia; that should be a pretty simple technological fix these days with biometric scanning. If NZ won't go along with that, then really it's not our problem as it indicates the entire plan is a backdoor entry here. Honestly NZ has form here - it's one of the reasons why we put restrictions on NZ citizens accessing the various social security benefits, education et al.

I agree with Shaggy to an extent that we need more workers here *in the country regions*. My friend in Hobart trains a bunch of immigrants, her latest bunch is from Brazil. What we DO NOT need is a bunch of people with low chances of getting paid employment and therefore staying on support benefits.

So WRT the people on Nauru & Manus I'd probably be open to getting them out of there, preferably to NZ but in some cases here, but ONLY on a different visa class that carried no automatic right to citizenship or family reunion and no right to settle in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane. I think Adelaide would be perfect honestly, they have infrastructure and need more people. Or Rockhampton. Or Mt Isa. Dubbo might be good.

5 years continuous paid employment and then you can apply to have your visa conditions altered. Not before. That would address the 'live on social security forever' issue.

FKT

Ok, that's not unreasonable, I can usually see the forest.

5 years continuous employment is a bit of an ask though...It's kinda out of their control. 

If they were in gov sponsored jobs to begin with and had something to put on a CV? It's hard for refugees to get secure work here. Companies like spotlight and 7/11 are notorious for underpaying. We wouldn't want to create an underclass of people too afraid to quit a job they are being exploited in for fear of jeopardizing their visa.

• Like 1

Is the unimaginable possible?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-13/liberals-fall-behind-in-wentworth-by-election-poll/10373508

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has warned Wentworth by-election voters to think "carefully" about voting for independent candidate Kerryn Phelps, after a new two-party preferred poll placed her far ahead of Liberal opponent Dave Sharma.

The "quick poll" by independent research organisation Voter Choice Project showed Mr Sharma trailing behind Dr Phelps and Labor candidate Tim Murray by about 9 and 11 points respectively. The final sample involved 736 people.

Dr Phelps said she found the results "heartening" and said she stood for "strong policies the people of Wentworth actually care about".

"Like climate change action, like the treatment of asylum seekers, supporting small businesses, an economy considerate of all people, social justice issues and of course the religious freedoms bill," she said.

"There's a mood for change."

Sad day for Oz when politicians of all parties and levels genuflect to an Alan Jones phonecall ..... In the public interest of course....

https://www.smh.com.au/video/video-entertainment/video-entertainment-news/waleed-alys-sydney-opera-house-monologue-20181009-58ook.html

That cunt just go work at the ABC where he belongs.

I'll go on record as opposing advertising on the Opera House .

wtf were they thinking ? *

* rhetorical question .

1 hour ago, Mid said:

I'll go on record as opposing advertising on the Opera House .

wtf were they thinking ? *

* rhetorical question .

Same. And WRT Alan Jones - I think it a pity we can't deport the prick. I rarely agree with Walid Ali but IIRC he described Jones as malignant. That was far too kind a description for that toad.

It was with great joy that I read how he comprehensively lost the Queensland defamation case, with substantial damages awarded against him.

FKT

11 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Same. And WRT Alan Jones - I think it a pity we can't deport the prick. I rarely agree with Walid Ali but IIRC he described Jones as malignant. That was far too kind a description for that toad.

It was with great joy that I read how he comprehensively lost the Queensland defamation case, with substantial damages awarded against him.

FKT

‘He’ didn’t lose jack shit. Macquarie radio pick up the tab every time he or Hadley get a defo against them yet they continue to be the two highest radio programs in the country. I don’t think Jones gives a fuck about losing defo cases. It is all in the business plan. Jones is a cunt but if he wasn’t a cock smoker and had a wife at least he wouldn’t make her were a towel over her head like Walid does. And how come none of those wankers on the project ever shave?

14 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Alan Jones?

Of course not. Only left wing nut jobs need apply. Mind you Jones does give the Liberals shit as well but the ABC don’t allow impartiality under any circumstances. 

5 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Of course not. Only left wing nut jobs need apply. Mind you Jones does give the Liberals shit as well but the ABC don’t allow impartiality under any circumstances. 

When was the last time you actually watched the ABC? On this topic you really are talking shit. 

2 minutes ago, dreadom said:

When was the last time you actually watched the ABC? On this topic you really are talking shit. 

I watched the same documentary about parliament on the ABC that Sarah Hanson-Young did. How a clown like  Senator Glever Green became the Chief Justice I have no idea. It is as bad as the ADF giving away our border protection secrets in that other documentary about patrol boats.

I got about half way through the last Rake series and tired of the increasingly predictable fuck-ups.

Might take a deep breath and dive back in for a look sometime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Should have used purple font...... either way Jones is still a cunt....

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

‘He’ didn’t lose jack shit. Macquarie radio pick up the tab every time he or Hadley get a defo against them yet they continue to be the two highest radio programs in the country. I don’t think Jones gives a fuck about losing defo cases. It is all in the business plan. Jones is a cunt but if he wasn’t a cock smoker and had a wife at least he wouldn’t make her were a towel over her head like Walid does. And how come none of those wankers on the project ever shave?

You are proudly justifying a cunt and a company that defames and damages people as a business model, and has undue influence on politicians to promote their own interests.

Where else have we seen that model recently? And what does that make you?

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Macquarie Radio?  The Project?

Get a fucking life LB.  I can see you having a tug while Jones spreads his bile.  Then you tune in to John Laws.

6 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

You are proudly justifying a cunt and a company that defames and damages people as a business model, and has undue influence on politicians to promote their own interests.

Where else have we seen that model  recently? And what does that make you?

Yeah well - both Jones, Hadley and the unlamented Laws have made their careers out of abusing people and shilling stuff. My personal solution is to never listen to them at all. Only way I know about Jones is, it was reported in the Australian. I was delighted to read the judgement - the photo of Jones was pretty good too - judge had told him what a prick he was, did it in court and he can't go on the radio and abuse them without committing contempt of court. Bonus.

FKT

• Like 3

This is my favorite Alan Jones story, and why I always listened to what Chopper had to say.

Who said I am justifying it? I am simply pointed it out. I am just like Leigh Sales. 

1 hour ago, random said:

Macquarie Radio?  The Project?

Get a fucking life LB.  I can see you having a tug while Jones spreads his bile.  Then you tune in to John Laws.

I did catch a bit of JL driving back from Nimbin :) a few weeks back. The sad old cunt can’t stand not being the centre of attention but banished to northern NSW regional morning show? Mind you he was getting stuck into AG as well.

Coalition still in doldrums after difficult week, polls show

Newspoll and Ipsos indicate Labor would comfortably win any election held today.

The Coalition’s political fortunes remain in the doldrums seven weeks on from the conservative-led coup against Malcolm Turnbull, with two new opinion polls indicating that Labor would comfortably win any election held today.

Surprising no-one really.

3 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Not hardly. They must thank whatever gods they believe in that Shorten's Opposition Leader. OK, he's doing a good job of making a monkey out of the Govt, he's still a completely untrustworthy weasel with zero charisma or credibility. Doesn't mean he won't get elected, after all Abbott managed that. Just - things could be a lot worse for the Govt than they are now.

Whatever. It's warming up down here, 23C today, the new boat might actually get out of the shed if the crane & transport people turn up for the site inspection, things could be worse. I'm off to the marina shortly to play with OPB's and bill them for the privilege.

FKT

3 hours ago, Sidecar said:

AJ wouldn’t know what a cunt was if it bit him....

6 minutes ago, olaf hart said:

AJ wouldn’t know what a cunt was if it bit him....

I would start to question my own concept of what a cunt is if one bit me too.

47 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Gotta love those polls...

Democratic chances of winning the White House remain strong, according to a closely followed economic election model.

Moody’s Analytics is forecasting that Hillary Clinton, the presumptive Democratic nominee, will easily win the presidency in November over Republican Donald Trump, the June forecast predicts.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/economy/prediction-hillary-clinton-easily-wins-beats-donald-trump-moodys-presidential-election-model

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Not hardly. They must thank whatever gods they believe in that Shorten's Opposition Leader. OK, he's doing a good job of making a monkey out of the Govt, he's still a completely untrustworthy weasel with zero charisma or credibility. Doesn't mean he won't get elected, after all Abbott managed that. Just - things could be a lot worse for the Govt than they are now.

Haven't seen a single leader of government or opposition that wasn't an untrustworthy weasel with little to no charisma or credibility since I could vote. And of course things could be worse, the PM could have been Dunn and Liberals looking at the polling figure depths Abbott achieved again.

Just because things are not the worst possible, doesn't mean things aren't bad for the Liberal party. Someone wanted them to bleed a little before the by-election. No other reason to slap the Liberal Party in the face with Morrison's religious clap-trap before this weekend.

Whatever. It's warming up down here, 23C today, the new boat might actually get out of the shed if the crane & transport people turn up for the site inspection, things could be worse. I'm off to the marina shortly to play with OPB's and bill them for the privilege.

Sounds like a good way to blow off bad news. Weather here has been iffy, but putting in another hour of make-work before calling it a day and heading to the beach with the missus. She's been getting a little nostalgic since the reality our eldest is off to uni next year set in. An impromptu date by the water at the restaurant we once scrimped and saved to afford seems like a good way to end a Monday. 

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Who said I am justifying it? I am simply pointed it out. I am just like Leigh Sales. 

You regard it as an acceptable norm. Leigh Sales wouldn’t...... Nor I...

1 hour ago, Bent Sailor said:

Haven't seen a single leader of government or opposition that wasn't an untrustworthy weasel with little to no charisma or credibility since I could vote. And of course things could be worse, the PM could have been Dunn and Liberals looking at the polling figure depths Abbott achieved again.

Just because things are not the worst possible, doesn't mean things aren't bad for the Liberal party. Someone wanted them to bleed a little before the by-election. No other reason to slap the Liberal Party in the face with Morrison's religious clap-trap before this weekend.

Sounds like a good way to blow off bad news. Weather here has been iffy, but putting in another hour of make-work before calling it a day and heading to the beach with the missus. She's been getting a little nostalgic since the reality our eldest is off to uni next year set in. An impromptu date by the water at the restaurant we once scrimped and saved to afford seems like a good way to end a Monday. 

Have you tried rooting?

16 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

You regard it as an acceptable norm. Leigh Sales wouldn’t...... Nor I...

Do I? What else do I believe cup cake? You might have glass balls but you don’t have a crystal one, obviously.

17 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

...... Nor I...

Also I guess it is not beyond the realm of possibility that there might be someone, somewhere who gives a fuck what you think, but it isn’t me.

37 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Also I guess it is not beyond the realm of possibility that there might be someone, somewhere who gives a fuck what you think, but it isn’t me.

I am so glad it isn’t you. Do you think that you are the only one out there, somewhere, and the only one that matters?

You haven’t openly denounced the model, so you must tacitly support it, anything for the win, as long as it is your own view of the world?

Do you secretly wear a red hat by any chance?.

2 hours ago, Sidecar said:

I am so glad it isn’t you. Do you think that you are the only one out there, somewhere, and the only one that matters?

You haven’t openly denounced the model, so you must tacitly support it, anything for the win, as long as it is your own view of the world?

Do you secretly wear a red hat by any chance?.

Do you only pull your head out of your arse for a few mins each day to post on here? Why do I have to 'openly denounce' something to 'tacitly support it'. I must tacitly support all kinds of things that I have neglected to denounce. World poverty, putting maple syrup on bacon, having another mans penis in my mouth and fat fucks walking on the cycle path among them. I don't know what the fuck I have been doing with my time.

As for your stupid red hat comment, I am a centrist poppet. I don't have to dance to any beliefs except my own. I am free to think Alan Jones occasionally makes some good and well researched points, and at other times is a cock sucking fuckwit. Just like I would be free to agree with Leigh Sales or Tony Jones if they ever made any good points. You, Meli, bent and the rest of the chattering classes are so obsessed with US politics that you get it confused with the Domestic reality. The Liberal Party is not the GoP. Their policies would put them about centre right in the US scheme of things and the ALP are far to the left of the Democrats. If you want a wannabe Trump here in Oz, look no further than my fellow Queenslander Clive. Except that fat sack of shit won't win a single seat. Thank fuck.

2 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

You saying his kids aren't really his kids?

Come on mate we have talked about this before. This is SA. If you are not naturally funny or quick witted, best not to say anything.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Do you only pull your head out of your arse for a few mins each day to post on here? Why do I have to 'openly denounce' something to 'tacitly support it'. I must tacitly support all kinds of things that I have neglected to denounce. World poverty, putting maple syrup on bacon, having another mans penis in my mouth and fat fucks walking on the cycle path among them. I don't know what the fuck I have been doing with my time.

As for your stupid red hat comment, I am a centrist poppet. I don't have to dance to any beliefs except my own. I am free to think Alan Jones occasionally makes some good and well researched points, and at other times is a cock sucking fuckwit. Just like I would be free to agree with Leigh Sales or Tony Jones if they ever made any good points. You, Meli, bent and the rest of the chattering classes are so obsessed with US politics that you get it confused with the Domestic reality. The Liberal Party is not the GoP. Their policies would put them about centre right in the US scheme of things and the ALP are far to the left of the Democrats. If you want a wannabe Trump here in Oz, look no further than my fellow Queenslander Clive. Except that fat sack of shit won't win a single seat. Thank fuck.

Fuck I love this place! :D

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

As for your stupid red hat comment, I am a centrist poppet. I don't have to dance to any beliefs except my own. I am free to think Alan Jones occasionally makes some good and well researched points,

image.png.ec04de93a81c158b0abed224ca4aad47.png

For some reason, after watching the Kavenaugh hearing, I'm feeling remarkably mellow about our politics and politicians. 

Our Nats have just ordered an enquiry about infiltration of the far right..and they are expelling and suspending members with links to extremists.

Am I being Naive again?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/oct/15/nsw-young-nationals-expel-and-suspend-members-over-far-right-links 

For some reason, after watching the Kavenaugh hearing, I'm feeling remarkably mellow about our politics and politicians. 

Our Nats have just ordered an enquiry about infiltration of the far right..and they are expelling and suspending members with links to extremists.

Am I being Naive again?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/oct/15/nsw-young-nationals-expel-and-suspend-members-over-far-right-links 

Probably, but what they're doing has to be applauded.

Seems like the Greens are finally getting rid of Lee Rhiannon. If they also dump her fellow nutcases then both sides are moving away from the extremes a bit.

FKT

8 hours ago, random said:

image.png.cb27e8ad4d164e46471a7a63e9491cc8.png

Goggle should put me on commission.

I always wake up at 4. Carpe Diem. Seize the fish.

Et vous?

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I always wake up at 4. Carpe Diem. Seize the fish.

Et vous?

Thunder woke me up, lovely dry rumbley electrical storm. Catch any?