Shortforbob

I still call Australia home

4 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

How am I missing that point? I acknowledged that as soon as you brought it up. It is just germane to the humour I find in the second and third place parties squabbling about which of them was capable of losing "less" than the other... especially when it's coming from the mouth of the head of the party that won only 25% of the seats the other party did.

Yes, I am aware you cannot see the humour in that situation. That still doesn't make your "point" at all relevant to what I find humorous.

"That went so well for me..."? Are you under the mistaken impression I'm a "Labor man"

None are so blind as those who will project their partisan cataracts onto the world around them :rolleyes: 

I've never seen you as a Labor man. I've always seen you as an hypocritical ass,  no mistake.

5 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Are you under the mistaken impression I'm a man

That's better.

Seriously? Bragging about Turnbull's win by a nose is about as sad as Trumps "biggest crowd" thing. OK..he won..but having a hung parliament ain't much to brag about:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Seriously? Bragging about Turnbull's win by a nose is about as sad as Trumps "biggest crowd" thing. OK..he won..but having a hung parliament ain't much to brag about:rolleyes:

No one is a fact, and the other is a fake news story. Or are you joining Bent in claiming that the Labor party are in Government? 

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

No one is a fact, and the other is a fake news story. Or are you joining Bent in claiming that the Labor party are in Government? 

no no, carry on.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

But still not quite as ridiculous as watching the party with the third most seats in parliament (the National Party) squabble with the party having the second most seats (the Liberal Party) about who was least responsible for losing seats in the last election.

And cos I just know that it's going to drive someone bonkers being reminded of it - the party with most seats is the ALP. :lol:

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Bent Sailor said:

But still not quite as ridiculous as watching the party with the third most seats in parliament (the National Party) squabble with the party having the second most seats (the Liberal Party) about who was least responsible for losing seats in the last election.

Small things amuse ....Anyway I thought you were heading out tonite to celebrate that most Australian of traditions, Knocking on peoples doors dressed like a turd and asking strangers for 'Candy'.

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Small things amuse ....Anyway I thought you were heading out tonite to celebrate that most Australian of traditions, Knocking on peoples doors dressed like a turd and asking strangers for 'Candy'.

Halloween's tomorrow :)

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Halloween's tomorrow :)

Y'all knock yourselves out.

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Y'all knock yourselves out.

With 10 twenty somethings dressed as Mummys in the house, I'll be going out :D

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

With 10 twenty somethings dressed as Mummys in the house, I'll be going out :D

Dressed like St Kilda Mummys? Little black dresses, stilettos and tramp stamps? 

Just now, LB 15 said:

possibly, but that would be Brighton mummys..St Kilda Mummys ..well..never mind 

15 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Adults. We're fucked.

Can't dress up as Moana though, cultural appropriation. Apparently it's innappropriate to dress up as the girl from ice because she's "too white"? WTF people??

19 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

possibly, but that would be Brighton mummys..St Kilda Mummys ..well..never mind 

They have trams from Brighton don't they?

5 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

They have trams from Brighton don't they?

Nah..and thanks for giving biggy a free kick...I'm not your friend anymore! :(

9 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Nah..and thanks for giving biggy a free kick...I'm not your friend anymore! :(

I PMd Bigunit when he popped up yesterday. I asked if he's up for a thread threesome. He's good to go. I explained what a cunt you've been.

Ah fack. It might have been Scratchanut. You're good for a foursome Mel?

Just now, BigUnot said:

I PMd Bigunit when he popped up yesterday. I asked if he's up for a thread threesome. He's good to go. I explained what a cunt you've been.

:funny:

christ you're an easy catch :D

8 hours ago, albanyguy said:

This is all I have to contribute re Halloween 

Uh huh...

response.thumb.jpg.071b85a8fc0087385a2be6c0b1e4c06a.jpg

Get over it. 

• Like 1

It's an American custom not an Australian one, ie children dressing up in ghoulish costumes walking around neighbourhoods expecting lollies from strangers.

It's got nothing to do with the original premise of Hallow's Eve or indeed Guy Fawkes Night, which is what I grew up with until we couldn't light bonfires because we might start bushfires.

Once again hijacked by Corporate America in the 1930's to make a buck. Just like Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day and a few others. I am over it. That's the point. 

4 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

It's an American custom not an Australian one, ie children dressing up in ghoulish costumes walking around neighbourhoods expecting lollies from strangers.

Christmas is not an "Australian" custom either, i.e. people putting up decorated pine trees, placing wrapped presents underneath, etc. It's an import from Europe. Celebrations are imported/exported the world over. Adults learn to deal with it.

4 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

It's got nothing to do with the original premise of Hallow's Eve or indeed Guy Fawkes Night, which is what I grew up with until we couldn't light bonfires because we might start bushfires.

Once again hijacked by Corporate America in the 1930's to make a buck. Just like Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day and a few others. I am over it. That's the point. 

Halloween has nothing to do with Guy Fawkes Night. Zip, nada, bubkus. It's not replacing or supplanting that British custom. It's just Aussie's no longer give a shit about "firecracker night" now we're not allowed to buy firecrackers.  Halloween (or Samhain, Imbolc, Hallow's Eve, and other predecessors) predated that celebration of British rule.

The world moves on. Don't think anyone is going to shed a tear for snowflakes that cannot handle people celebrating different shit on different days than they remember from their childhood.

• Downvote 1

Fuck halloween.  Small children in costume knocking on the doors of strangers begging for food?  WTF is it anyway, it's like a story from the bible in strange drag.  Those stories never made sense either.

• Downvote 1

Just what we need, a pommy host of an american news comedy picking on OUR fucking stupid referendum...thanks john, we can be stupid all on our ownsome.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-31/same-sex-marriage-survey-john-oliver-tears-into-australia/9102580

1, 2, 3.

Found it hilarious and spot on myself. Especially the bit about having the natural inclination to head-butt Abbott :P

Full version below.

• Downvote 1

This whole debate pisses me off.

Why gay marriage? FFS..I object to being forced into voting "for "an outmoded institution..It's so hard being left wing.. decisions decisions. :rolleyes:

It's like our current right to die legislation that's just been passed..I'm uncomfortable with it ..not because I don't think people have the right to choose, but because of legislative creep...such things should be put to referendum.

1 hour ago, random said:

Fuck halloween.  Small children in costume knocking on the doors of strangers begging for food?  WTF is it anyway, it's like a story from the bible in strange drag.  Those stories never made sense either.

Particularly in these troubled, gender neutral times. That nice lady handing out minties might have a boner that you couldn't stick a thumbtack into strapped to her leg.

This whole debate pisses me off.

Why gay marriage?

Because there is a large body of existing legislation, responsibilities, rights, and other legalities tied to the legal arrangement the law calls "marriage". 

FFS..I object to being forced into voting "for "an outmoded institution..It's so hard being left wing.. decisions decisions. :rolleyes:

You're not forced to vote for anything. It's a voluntary survey of your opinion. ;)

It's like our current right to die legislation that's just been passed..I'm uncomfortable with it ..not because I don't think people have the right to choose, but because of legislative creep...such things should be put to referendum.

Why? The Constitution says nothing about the right to die or lack thereof. If it did, it wouldn't be something Victoria could grant through legislation.

Referendums should be for Constitutional amendments. It's already fucking pathetic that politicians are offloading their responsibility onto us through a fucking survey. If the people get a direct "one vote per citizen" say on anything and everything that might have blow-back, why what parliamentary representatives at all?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

, but because of legislative creep...

You realise that is exactly the case the looney right are making for the no vote don't you?

First gay marriage, the next thing sucking dick will become mandatory instead of shaking hands when you greet someone to prove you aren't homophobic. - possible Ray Hadley quote.

10 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You realise that is exactly the case the looney right are making for the no vote don't you?

First gay marriage, the next thing sucking dick will become mandatory instead of shaking hands when you greet someone to prove you aren't homophobic. - possible Ray Hadley quote.

yes..and I think in this case they are correct..(If they are talking about enshrining the conditions in the constitution..I admit I haven't followed this very closely..but..soylent green) ..Where there are vulnerable people..someone will always try to get to them for profit.. Death tours!!!

OK Im only half serious, but imagine a gov of any stripe in the future that needs a solution to our aging population and the cost ..You're gonna be dead in 12 months..how about an all expenses paid cruise with a green cordial at the end?

I cant exactly explain my discomfort with this legislation..not and never been religious..but it's something that needs more real community engagement on..I'm willing to be convinced..

15 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

If they are talking about enshrining the conditions in the constitution..I admit I haven't followed this very closely..but..soylent green

Neither the same sex marriage nor the right to die changes are being enshrined in our constitution. The former simply requires the federal Marriage Act to be changed (in the same way Howard changed it to prevent same sex marriage in the first place) and the latter is a change to the Victorian State legislation only.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Neither the same sex marriage nor the right to die changes are being enshrined in our constitution. The former simply requires the federal Marriage Act to be changed (in the same way Howard changed it to prevent same sex marriage in the first place) and the latter is a change to the Victorian State legislation only.

That's another reason the SSM thing is a waste of time and rather a lot of money.

We need to change the consitution so all people are equal across all existing law.

Just now, Shortforbob said:

That's another reason the SSM thing is a waste of time and rather a lot of money.

No arguments there. It's what you get when you have a bunch of sooks in power more interested in keeping their party power-brokers happy than in doing their job. 

We didn't need a referendum. We don't need this survey. It was a gimmick by party hacks stuck in the 1950's looking for a delay on the inevitable.

We need to change the consitution so all people are equal across all existing law.

I'm all for a bill of rights enshrining, amongst other things, something similar to the US Fourteenth Amendment. Not going to happen outside a MAJOR social upheaval and marriage isn't the instigator for something that momentous.

• Downvote 1

No arguments there. It's what you get when you have a bunch of sooks in power more interested in keeping their party power-brokers happy than in doing their job. 

Krudd, Jooliar are gone bloke. Shorten won't ever get there. The sooks are in opposition dickbreath.

We didn't need a referendum. We don't need this survey. It was a gimmick by party hacks stuck in the 1950's looking for a delay on the inevitable.

What fucking referendum didn't we need? '77 that carried granting voting rights to australian citizens living australian territories? '99 & the republic? What fucking referendum are you talking about?? Stop peddling bullshit on the web knob jockey.

I'm all for a bill of rights enshrining, amongst other things, something similar to the US Fourteenth Amendment. Not going to happen outside a MAJOR social upheaval and marriage isn't the instigator for something that momentous.

What else do youwant from the US? A public holiday for halloween?

Well, fuck you. Australia has been over americanised already. I like what we are and who we are and you can just fuck off to where you came from, Meli too.

• Downvote 1

I love the way you say 'No argument' then immediately start arguing. You are an odd chap bent.

On 10/30/2017 at 7:25 AM, LB 15 said:

It's not American, it's Celtic.  It wasn't celebrated here, until the Scots & Irish arrived in large numbers, in the late 19th century.

11 hours ago, random said:

Like Christmas, the roots are more pagan than christian.  Christians try to co-opt it, but lots of them oppose it:

https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/52738-why-christians-absolutely-should-not-celebrate-halloween 

https://rcg.org/articles/totuh.html

http://www1.cbn.com/questions/should-christians-celebrate-halloween

12 hours ago, frenchie said:

It's not American, it's Celtic.  It wasn't celebrated here, until the Scots & Irish arrived in large numbers, in the late 19th century.

Like Christmas, the roots are more pagan than christian.  Christians try to co-opt it, but lots of them oppose it:

https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/52738-why-christians-absolutely-should-not-celebrate-halloween 

https://rcg.org/articles/totuh.html

http://www1.cbn.com/questions/should-christians-celebrate-halloween

Mate the whole cutting faces in pumpkins, dressing up your children like idiots and walking the neighborhood begging for candy is purely american. You can talk all you want about Pagon rituals but the Halloween 'traditions' as they now are completely a product of US corporations, celebrated by your countrymen and a few fuckwits here like bent who have watched to many reruns of the Brady Bunch.

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Mate the whole cutting faces in pumpkins, dressing up your children like idiots and walking the neighborhood begging for candy is purely american. You can talk all you want about Pagon rituals but the Halloween 'traditions' as they now are completely a product of US corporations, celebrated by your countrymen and a few fuckwits here like bent who have watched to many reruns of the Brady Bunch.

and christmas trees are german

32 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

and christmas trees are german

Haven't had a Christmas tree in 15 years. Bah Humbug.

And another Senator bites the dust. This time the Senate President.

Where's that facepalm jpg?

Roast Lamb anyone?

Silly woman, I'm a naturalised Australian Citizen..still have Duel Citizenship. She's in exactly the same situation as my kids.Born in Australia of a naturalised australian, british born parent. Both my kids have UK passports as well as Aussie ones.

I highly doubt her dad actually renounced his UK status.

You would think that she'd have been paying attention

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-08/jacqui-lambie-admits-father-born-in-scotland/9131774

Tasmanian crossbench senator Jacqui Lambie has admitted her father was born in Scotland, but says she has no concerns about being a dual citizen.

Key points:

• Senator Lambie says her father came to Australia as an infant, both her parents were Australian citizens
  • She says she will reveal citizenship documents when required to by Parliament
  • Supports a citizenship audit of all parliamentarians

In a statement, Senator Lambie said her father migrated from Scotland as an infant, and she was satisfied her parents were both Australian citizens.

"His father, my grandfather, came to Australia to enlist in the Army in fact," she said.

"As far as I'm concerned, all their affairs are in order.

"A citizenship audit of all parliamentarians will clear the air once and for all, which is why I am supporting such a move 100 per cent."

According to the UK Government website, Australians are eligible for British citizenship if they were born to a British father.

11 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Roast Lamb anyone?

Silly woman, I'm a naturalised Australian Citizen..still have Duel Citizenship. She's in exactly the same situation as my kids.Born in Australia of a naturalised australian, british born parent. Both my kids have UK passports as well as Aussie ones.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-08/jacqui-lambie-admits-father-born-in-scotland/9131774

Tasmanian crossbench senator Jacqui Lambie has admitted her father was born in Scotland, but says she has no concerns about being a dual citizen.

Key points:

• Senator Lambie says her father came to Australia as an infant, both her parents were Australian citizens
  • She says she will reveal citizenship documents when required to by Parliament
  • Supports a citizenship audit of all parliamentarians

In a statement, Senator Lambie said her father migrated from Scotland as an infant, and she was satisfied her parents were both Australian citizens.

"His father, my grandfather, came to Australia to enlist in the Army in fact," she said.

"As far as I'm concerned, all their affairs are in order.

"A citizenship audit of all parliamentarians will clear the air once and for all, which is why I am supporting such a move 100 per cent."

According to the UK Government website, Australians are eligible for British citizenship if they were born to a British father.

Come off it, she's Tasmania's answer to Pauline Hanson WRT the stupidity in politics category.

Agree that she's history if her father didn't renounce, which seems a highly unlikely thing for him to do. After all, what did it matter up to now?

I expect quite a few more will be sin-binned before this is over. Highly entertaining.

FKT

I think the problem is, that like Lambie, most people think that if they were born in Oz, or took up citizenship that it automatically cancels their rights in a ancestral home country. I think most being caught in this mess, from all parties, probably signed their paperwork in good faith. But the constitution is the constitution. 

There's probably hundreds of federal pollys from PMs to MPs over the last hundred years who've voted for and Passed legislation illegally

The High Court is going to have to make some ruling on this. It may seem pretty amusing but the ramifications could be chaotic.

2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

The High Court is going to have to make some ruling on this. It may seem pretty amusing but the ramifications could be chaotic.

The High Court already has ruled and it was pretty clear. Nobody is going to touch past cases where legislation was passed. The only time it would have mattered if there was almost a hung House or Senate and the one deciding vote was years later found to be invalid. Too big a can of worms.

I think the solution would lie in some form of renouncement declaration as part of the nomination process, and that you'd have to have made a 'good faith' effort before that. For example surrendering any other passport(s), specifically renouncing any known foreign citizenships etc.

The current situation is unsatisfactory in that a foreign country could declare certain classes of people as citizens for whatever reason, whether those people were consulted or not. Dual citizenship by descent or foreign diktat is a bit of a problem. Having to pay another country a processing fee to not be one of their citizens is bizarre IMO.

Mind you I'd want to see any renouncement to be irrevocable, otherwise it's just another way of gaming the system if you can change your mind later.

FKT

Edited by Fah Kiew Tu
Typos

3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I think the problem is, that like Lambie, most people think that if they were born in Oz, or took up citizenship that it automatically cancels their rights in a ancestral home country. I think most being caught in this mess, from all parties, probably signed their paperwork in good faith. But the constitution is the constitution. 

There's probably hundreds of federal pollys from PMs to MPs over the last hundred years who've voted for and Passed legislation illegally

Jackie Lambie, the two green Fuckwits and Pauline's racist mate are 4 good things that have come from this. The people in the bush are the one's who will suffer from loosing Barnaby. But the issues of people in the country are along way from your latte sipping on St Kilda road. You can only cheer for the red team.

15 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Roast Lamb anyone?

Jacquie Lambie...paying attention...bwahahahaha. 

She's a joke, as is her cousin north of the border..that Fish & Chip lady. Saw something earlier this week linking her to this too in some way. Can't recall details.

Anyone catch this?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-09/sam-dastyari-ambushed-in-pub/9132642

As much as I don't really have much time for Sen Dastyari he doesn't deserve that bullshit from the Patriot Blue group.

Oh & LB - the good citizens of New England won't be without Barnaby for long. They'll vote him back in on 2 December.

37 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

Oh & LB - the good citizens of New England won't be without Barnaby for long. They'll vote him back in on 2 December.

Yep he will piss it in. I am growing increasingly concerned about how One notion will fare in the upcoming QLD election however. I know Tim Nicholls thinks she is a moron,  but i think he will do a deal rather than sit on the opposition benches. It is looking increasing like one of the two major parties will have to do a deal with the slut to form a government and no way can i see Accidental Anna and her drongo ALP cronies doing it. Fun times ahead in the deep north as always.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I wish they's dump Shorten for Plibersek ..Too soon for another female PM I suppose :(

No way I'd vote for Plibersek - some of the stuff she did when she was health minister killed it for me.

Now if Penny Wong swapped from the Senate to the House - she'd have my support. Low key, intelligent, outcomes focused. I strongly disagree with some of her positions but she has my respect as a person. Plibersek - no way. She's as much an ideological warrior as Abbot but without the talent for destruction.

Shorten is as bad - who can forget his statement that he didn't know what his fearless leader said but he supported it 100% anyway? Arse-kisser with a knife to the back.

FKT

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

No way I'd vote for Plibersek - some of the stuff she did when she was health minister killed it for me.

Now if Penny Wong swapped from the Senate to the House - she'd have my support. Low key, intelligent, outcomes focused. I strongly disagree with some of her positions but she has my respect as a person. Plibersek - no way. She's as much an ideological warrior as Abbot but without the talent for destruction.

Shorten is as bad - who can forget his statement that he didn't know what his fearless leader said but he supported it 100% anyway? Arse-kisser with a knife to the back.

FKT

Agreed

Wow. Next you'll be telling me Little boy won't vote Labor either!

mmm...seems I misread FKT's post. What I meant was that Penny Wong would be a much better proposition as ALP leader than Plibersek. 

I wouldn't vote for Penny Wong anyway, I can't coz she's from SA and I'm not :D

5 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I wish they's dump Shorten for Plibersek ..Too soon for another female PM I suppose :(

Julie Bishop doesn't think that way apparently. 

Julie Bishop. Wonderful lady. Met her earlier this year and got a pic of her holding my baby. I won't be posting it here.

Doubt she'll put her hand up for PM if Malcolm stepped down, not that I see him stepping down, though he could go down with his ship if an early election is required due to this citizenship fiasco. I fear Bill is smelling blood and will go in for the kill over the next few weeks.

Julie has had more work done on her face than Paul Hogan.  So all it takes is a spot of baby kissing?  You are cheap.

She is the new Bronwyn.

1 hour ago, albanyguy said:

Julie Bishop. Wonderful lady. Met her earlier this year and got a pic of her holding my baby. I won't be posting it here.

Doubt she'll put her hand up for PM if Malcolm stepped down, not that I see him stepping down, though he could go down with his ship if an early election is required due to this citizenship fiasco. I fear Bill is smelling blood and will go in for the kill over the next few weeks.

id rather the bishop than any other lib offering. julie not brontesaur 

id rather the bishop than any other lib offering. julie not brontesaur 

So what you are saying is that you don't care about the PM's political party as long that person is a women?

Why not throw your towel in with Pauline or Jackie - they not only have cunts, they are one.

2 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Wow. Next you'll be telling me Little boy won't vote Labor either!

Why would we care whether you homosexual dwarf lover votes labor or not?

So are ready to call the result of the next election? You are zero from two so far. Even though you still claim both Trump and Turnbull lost the last elections. 

1 hour ago, albanyguy said:

Yeah but i know for a fact (an ex state ALP President is a mate of mine) that many in the party don't think he is electable and are very worried just how much dirt the Libs are holding back for the election campain. Apparently there is a shitload that hasn't seen the light of day yet.He is despised by many in the party.

1 hour ago, random said:

Julie has had more work done on her face than Paul Hogan.  So all it takes is a spot of baby kissing?  You are cheap.

She is the new Bronwyn.

And you're proud of adopting the same shit that the RW used against JG?

6 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

She has a really big arse Mel. She's done, gone, toast. never to be heard of again.

Everybody knows she rebuilt her house with union money.

14 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

JG didn't get any 'work done' that I know of.  She was shafted for her natural attributes.  I'm shafting Julie for her egotistic modifications.

1 minute ago, random said:

JG didn't get any 'work done' that I know of.  She was shafted for her natural attributes.  I'm shafting Julie for her egotistic modifications.

I think you know I'm referring to you attacking women politicians on their personal appearance. 

I think you know I'm referring to you attacking women politicians on their personal appearance. 

What about what I said do you not understand?

Just now, random said:

JG didn't get any 'work done' that I know of. 

Fuck if she did she should ask for her money back.

952181-julia-gillard.jpg

What is it about the women of the left persuasion?

Sarah-Hanson-Young-5393612.jpg

Election_Qld_4-3_12756207_1779753_20171001071056e4022021-1487-4307-9ecc-0c4529d11a35.jpg_sd_800x600.jpg

3 minutes ago, dreadom said:

Take a quick look in the mirror tubby.

Actually dreads I have been cycling and/or surfing every day for 4 months and have never been fitter. And mate I don't think you are one to start casting stones about ones appearance...

10 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Actually dreads I have been cycling and/or surfing every day for 4 months and have never been fitter. And mate I don't think you are one to start casting stones about ones appearance...

Utopia? Surfing every day for 4 months? Maaaate.

I think I'm in Brisbane on Monday. Beers?

32 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

18 minutes ago, FillYourBoots said:

Utopia? Surfing every day for 4 months? Maaaate.

I think I'm in Brisbane on Monday. Beers?

Watch out LB, someone's after your toned surfer bod :D

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Yeah but i know for a fact (an ex state ALP President is a mate of mine) that many in the party don't think he is electable and are very worried just how much dirt the Libs are holding back for the election campain. Apparently there is a shitload that hasn't seen the light of day yet.He is despised by many in the party.

We live in hope LB

This is getting bloody ridiculous.

John Alexander's gone. Gov no longer has a majority and Labor will be making hay. How many more. and how many more questions about things like former illegitimate pollies receiving super and allowances? 

This is just not going to  go away.

Parliament adjourns soon. The High court is going to go through hoops trying to untangle this mess.

Easiest thing, a referendum to amend s44 retrospectively, forget byelections.

What a mess. 

How many referendums do you want? SSM, Manus and now this?

I reckon "this mess" has been ongoing since before you got here. And how many passports do you hold?

All you lefties should spend less time on here. You missed your opportunity to man handle Tony Abbotts sister and to spit on retired Major General Jim Molan. 

You could have called him a Murderer and a coward like your Brothers and sisters in stupidity did. What the fuck is wrong with the left in this country. Hey Randumfuck- why don't you walk up to Jim Molan and call him a coward to his face? I will tell you why- you don't have the stones. The Man is a hero in the true sense of the word and on the eve of armistice day these retards call our greatest living solider a coward? There is no other word for them. Cunts.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/they-were-spitting-they-were-snarling-manus-island-protesters-target-tony-abbotts-sister-at-liberal-fundraiser-in-eveleigh-20171110-gzj5zm.html

10 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Easiest thing, a referendum to amend s44 retrospectively, forget byelections.

What a mess. 

Ha ha ha. I predict any such referendum would fail in *all* States *and* the overall popular vote. You must be ingesting some really strong mind-altering substances if you think we'd give politicians a free pass on anything like that.

Nope, better solution would be another general election to clear it up once and for all. If we got rid of a bunch of the others at the same time, bonus. Yeah that dickhead Shorten would win but we survived a few years of Rudd & Gillard so we'd cope. Especially if people voted in more independents in the Senate. Gridlock has a lot going for it really.

FKT

41 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

All you lefties should spend less time on here. You missed your opportunity to man handle Tony Abbotts sister and to spit on retired Major General Jim Molan. 

You could have called him a Murderer and a coward like your Brothers and sisters in stupidity did. What the fuck is wrong with the left in this country. Hey Randumfuck- why don't you walk up to Jim Molan and call him a coward to his face? I will tell you why- you don't have the stones. The Man is a hero in the true sense of the word and on the eve of armistice day these retards call our greatest living solider a coward? There is no other word for them. Cunts.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/they-were-spitting-they-were-snarling-manus-island-protesters-target-tony-abbotts-sister-at-liberal-fundraiser-in-eveleigh-20171110-gzj5zm.html

yeah..all lefties go to protests with the intention of assaulting and spitting on opponents.

Shameful inexcusable..no conservative would behave like this.  

Cant see any reference to Jim Molan being spat at though..and don't equate my politics with Random..he's not a lefty,,he's a fascist in green clothing.

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

yeah..all lefties go to protests with the intention of assaulting and spitting on opponents.

Shameful inexcusable..no conservative would behave like this.  

Pretty much true. Even the rabid nutcase Christian anti-abortionist people don't behave like this. So your lefties are actually worse than them.

FKT

Just now, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Ha ha ha. I predict any such referendum would fail in *all* States *and* the overall popular vote. You must be ingesting some really strong mind-altering substances if you think we'd give politicians a free pass on anything like that.

Nope, better solution would be another general election to clear it up once and for all. If we got rid of a bunch of the others at the same time, bonus. Yeah that dickhead Shorten would win but we survived a few years of Rudd & Gillard so we'd cope. Especially if people voted in more independents in the Senate. Gridlock has a lot going for it really.

FKT

But what about all former pollies that are getting allowances or other benefits ..do they have to pay it back?..but you're prolly right. Electoral office could get it sorted by Feb

11 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Pretty much true. Even the rabid nutcase Christian anti-abortionist people don't behave like this. So your lefties are actually worse than them.

FKT

Hmm conservatives..prefer to assault gay women when there's no one around.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/woman-punched-in-face-in-homophobic-attack-over-tshirt-police-20171103-gzesqj.html

ridiculous generalizations both ..but it's probably true that young extreme lefties tend to get a little passionate at protests.

Young extreme righties are controlled by their handlers.

41 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Hey Randumfuck- why don't you walk up to Jim Molan and call him a coward to his face? I will tell you why- you don't have the stones. The Man is a hero in the true sense of the word and on the eve of armistice day these retards call our greatest living solider a coward?

I had to look him up.  Defence Academy head, stint in Iraq help kill kill brown people that were doing us no harm, using an armed Navy to stop refugees in leaky boats ... so what?  Tough gigs.

Plenty of other people in challenging professions that don't get recognised.  He is just a pin-up boy for the militarisation of Australian culture and you bought the package deal.

3 hours ago, random said:

I had to look him up.  Defence Academy head, stint in Iraq help kill kill brown people that were doing us no harm, using an armed Navy to stop refugees in leaky boats ... so what?  Tough gigs.

Plenty of other people in challenging professions that don't get recognised.  He is just a pin-up boy for the militarisation of Australian culture and you bought the package deal.

Fail. You forgot to mention he is Erin Molan's dad.

6 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Fail. You forgot to mention he is Erin Molan's dad.

Had to look her up too.  I don't watch TV any more and I fucking hate women commentating on men's sports that they have not played.  But as a token bit of fluff I'm sure the bogans love her.

I'm sure that her dad would understand, the most misogynistic pricks I ever worked with were Duntroon graduates.

8 minutes ago, random said:

Had to look her up too.  I don't watch TV any more and I fucking hate women commentating on men's sports that they have not played.  But as a token bit of fluff I'm sure the bogans love her.

I'm sure that her dad would understand, the most misogynistic pricks I ever worked with were Duntroon graduates.

Irony isn't your specialty is it ?