Shortforbob

I still call Australia home

2 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

As soon as I read this, I just KNEW that LB would be on it like a chip on a seagull :lol:

It is one of the stupidest things ever posted on here. And that includes everything in AC Anarchy.

8 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Keynesian economics beyond you, LB?

Typical brain dead lefty. It is a theroy written in the 1930's. Now I know you think any 'theroy' is a fact, but I, like most educated people, know it to be a crock.

FWIW, that recession was well before I could vote, and over half my life ago, so it most certainly is a "fuck of a long time" for me. 

You are doing your whole "everyone has to post in my subjective view or they have admit they're wrong" thing again, FKT. Perhaps you're a little sensitive about your age? Might be time to harden up a little, Ease isn't wrong in his assessment, it was a fuck of a long time ago and you're just old. ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Typical brain dead lefty. It is a theroy written in the 1930's. Now I know you think any 'theroy' is a fact, but I, like most educated people, know it to be a crock.

I'm afraid you simply don't understand the mindset of people like Meli.

If it's an ALP government, if things go well, it's due to their superior management skills. If things go badly, it's due to world events beyond their control.

If it's a Lib/Nat government, if things go well, it's due to world events beyond their control. If things go badly, it's due to their utter incompetence.

When you start pointing out little details like debt, their minds go into reset mode and they start all over again.

FKT

5 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

So you don't think we should save for a rainy day,?

1 minute ago, Bent Sailor said:

FWIW, that recession was well before I could vote, and over half my life ago, so it most certainly is a "fuck of a long time" for me. 

You are doing your whole "everyone has to post in my subjective view or they have admit they're wrong" thing again, FKT. Perhaps you're a little sensitive about your age? Might be time to harden up a little, Ease isn't wrong in his assessment, it was a fuck of a long time ago and you're just going old ;)

No, I'm having a lot of fun in my dotage actually. Part of it is skewering people who make sweeping claims and then can't back them up.

It's not my problem if people like you don't have a longer view, it's yours.

FKT

4 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I'm afraid you simply don't understand the mindset of people like Meli.

If it's an ALP government, if things go well, it's due to their superior management skills. If things go badly, it's due to world events beyond their control.

If it's a Lib/Nat government, if things go well, it's due to world events beyond their control. If things go badly, it's due to their utter incompetence.

When you start pointing out little details like debt, their minds go into reset mode and they start all over again.

FKT

You are right of course. It is like dealing with children. Still fun to hammer it into their tiny minds.

Image result for labor vs liberal debt graph

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Personally I'd like to see a prolonged period of house price deflation because I think they're ridiculous and the current generation is cannibalising their children's chances of owning their own place. I regard a house as a place to live relatively secure from...

My son just pocketed a junk of change.  His bet.  Sold his house.  Mother in law is worried.  He makes more than I ever made.  Proud dad.  I am sure my granddaughter will receive an excellent education.    I have been working for 50 years.  Both of my children are doing well.  Sorry, I am bragging now.  Trying to understand why you think we would cannablize our children?

1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Indeed I do. But that is a little different from borrowing for a day that is slightly overcast.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

No, I'm having a lot of fun in my dotage actually. Part of it is skewering people who make sweeping claims and then can't back them up.

FKT

Sweeping claims? Like Keating engineered a recession?  Really?

Too funny.

3 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

So - tell us the last time a Federal ALP Government saved for a rainy day AKA ran an actual budget surplus....

FKT

1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Yeah, but when you try telling people that over thirty years ago isn't "a fuck of a long time ago", you go beyond skewering people for sweeping claims they can't back up to just being that old man who refuses to acknowledge the world, and time, has moved on from his youth. Thirty years is a fuck of a long time. Just because you are senior enough to have been an adult with mortgage that long ago doesn't change that.

Ease isn't wrong. You're just living in the past, like most men well past their prime tend to do.;) 

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Indeed I do. But that is a little different from borrowing for a day that is slightly overcast.

If you save when the sun is out, you don't need to borrow. Ideally......

8 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

You are doing your whole "everyone has to post in my subjective view or they have admit they're wrong" thing again, FKT. Perhaps you're a little sensitive about your age? Might be time to harden up a little, Ease isn't wrong in his assessment, it was a fuck of a long time ago and you're just old. ;)

Bent knows everything about Australian politics. We should all just shut up and listen to him.

Image result for maxine mckew waving

3 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

So - tell us the last time a Federal ALP Government saved for a rainy day AKA ran an actual budget surplus....

FKT

Hawke/Keating ran the occasional surplus. Bill will run one next year....

And a surplus isn't necessarily saving. But it can help to pay down debt...

1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

If you save when the sun is out, you don't need to borrow. Ideally......

You should call Annastacia Palaszczuk today, and then ask to speak to Jackie Trad.

• Like 1

Just because you are senior enough to have been an adult with mortgage that long ago ...

You're just living in the past, like most men well past their prime tend to do.;) 

Hey!

I had a mortgage at 18% too, but I'm living in the present - well, most of the time ... 

2 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Sweeping claims? Like Keating engineered a recession?  Really?

Too funny.

So - Keating didn't engineer a recession and Rudd didn't save us from one?

Just now, Ease the sheet. said:

But that doesn't count, according to both you *and* Bent, because it was more than 30 years ago, and therefore only old men in their dotage can remember such events.

You guys might at least *try* to be consistent....

FKT

4 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Yeah, but when you try telling people that over thirty years ago isn't "a fuck of a long time ago", you go beyond skewering people for sweeping claims they can't back up to just being that old man who refuses to acknowledge the world, and time, has moved on from his youth. Thirty years is a fuck of a long time. Just because you are senior enough to have been an adult with mortgage that long ago doesn't change that.

Ease isn't wrong. You're just living in the past, like most men well past their prime tend to do.;) 

2p7nmy.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

And a surplus isn't necessarily saving. But it can help to pay down debt...

I was going to point out again how stupid you are but you are doing a fine job all by yourself. Carry on...

So - Keating didn't engineer a recession and Rudd didn't save us from one?

But that doesn't count, according to both you *and* Bent, because it was more than 30 years ago, and therefore only old men in their dotage can remember such events.

FKT

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR47Ts8mknFDuS8-svBGN6

3 minutes ago, FinnFish said:

You should call Annastacia Palaszczuk today, and then ask to speak to Jackie Trad.

Applause Leonardo GIF - Applause Leonardo Dicaprio GIFs

4 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

True, I'm well past my prime. I'm down to maybe 50% of the IQ I started with, what with my lifestyle over the years.

Sadly for you lot, I can still make you look like monkeys, so what does that say about *your* future?

Incidentally I launched a brand new 12m sailboat that I personally built last Monday. Something 99% of you guys couldn't manage to do at any age. Plus I just got a nice fat Christmas payment from LB's favourite government. Life is good.

FKT

You're verballing me. Again. You're usually above shit like that.

I said it was a "fuck of a long time ago". I didn't say that it "doesn't count". Just that you were being an old man in his dotage trying to claim Ease was wrong for pointing out that over thirty years ago is a fuck of a long time. You got triggered by someone categorising how long ago it was in a way that made you feel your age and lashed out. I understand, but generally that hits after sun down for folks of your vintage. Perhaps you need a nap?

I am. Don't blame me for your mistaking one person's comments for another's. That's just something that happens to old men in their dotage. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

You're verballing me. Again. You're usually above shit like that.

I said it was a "fuck of a long time ago". I didn't say that it "doesn't count". Just that you were being an old man in his dotage trying to claim Ease was wrong for pointing out that over thirty years ago is a fuck of a long time. You got triggered by someone categorising how long ago it was in a way that made you feel your age and lashed out. I understand, but generally that hits after sun down for folks of your vintage. Perhaps you need a nap?

I am. Don't blame me for your mistaking one person's comments for another's. That's just something that happens to old men in their dotage. :lol: 

Ageism cup cake? Following hot on the heals of your homophobic rant a few days ago it might you you who needs a nap little man. Or maybe just some time away from here - you could use the time to do something useful to improve yourself. Maybe brush up on recent Australian political history for example...

11 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

True, I'm well past my prime. I'm down to maybe 50% of the IQ I started with, what with my lifestyle over the years.

Sadly for you lot, I can still make you look like monkeys, so what does that say about *your* future?

Says nothing about my future or yours. It says just enough about your present delusions though that I feel a little sorry for mocking you about the loss of your faculties.

Incidentally I launched a brand new 12m sailboat that I personally built last Monday. Something 99% of you guys couldn't manage to do at any age. Plus I just got a nice fat Christmas payment from LB's favourite government. Life is good.

I agree. 99% of guys my age couldn't do that. 99.99% of the guys your age can't either. I'm happy working from home being paid by Meli's government, LB's government, and the handful of gas/coal/power companies that need my services. Perhaps when my kids move out and I'm bored, I'll have enough free time to build a boat. Perhaps not. I'll work it out when I'm past my prime and need something to fill my empty days. Until then, I'm happy sailing with my kids on boats other people have built. -shrug-

Just now, LB 15 said:

Ageism cup cake? Following hot on the heals of your homophobic rant a few days ago it might you you who needs a nap little man. Or maybe just some time away from here - you could use the time to do something useful to improve yourself. Maybe brush up on recent Australian political history for example...

Kind of funny how anything that happened before their political consciousness raising doesn't count.

Pretty obvious in Meli's case that she's never read much if anything despite working in a library but I'd have expected a bit better of Bent.

FKT

2 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Apparently queenslanders arent economically savvy. Who'd of thunk that?

And clearly Grammar and spelling 'arent' your strong points. 

But don't you worry about that...

Just now, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Kind of funny how anything that happened before their political consciousness raising doesn't count.

Pretty obvious in Meli's case that she's never read much if anything despite working in a library but I'd have expected a bit better of Bent.

Perhaps if you read what Bent wrote, instead of imagining what he might have said, you'd note I explicitly rejected the first line above. 

1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

I expect very little of Bent. He never disappoints.

Perhaps if you read what Bent wrote, instead of imagining what he might have said, you'd note I explicitly rejected the first line above. 

There, there. You can have the last word for now - I know that's important for you.

Perhaps it's time for my nap now.

FKT

Just now, Bent Sailor said:

Here we go - time for another multi post meltdown. Poor little snowflake hates being wrong. 

image.jpeg.f6afb08b0c63bd7be451a17801c9aa36.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Perhaps if you people actually used *units* rather than vagaries that you run & hide behind when challenged, things would go better for you.

'Fuck of a long time ago' might be last week for all I know. For me, given that I read a lot of history, it's before Australian Federation.

Are you equally as sloppy about defining your terms when writing software? If you use PHP I'm pretty sure I already can predict the answer to that one.

FKT

8 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

There, there. You can have the last word for now - I know that's important for you.

3 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Perhaps if...

Ouch. Usually the short term memory doesn't fail quite that hard. Perhaps it is time for your nap. :lol: 

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Here we go - time for another multi post meltdown. Poor little snowflake hates being wrong. 

image.jpeg.f6afb08b0c63bd7be451a17801c9aa36.jpeg

I'm bored with it now. We've gone from demolishing the bit about recessions to personal attacks by one of the people who stuck his oar in and didn't like the outcome.

Pretty funny to observe that it's Bent that heads for the gutter when he's losing. First the homophobic rant (which was hilarious as I grew up in Sydney where such things *NEVER* happened or at least only a 'fuck of a long time ago' so it doesn't count) and now ageism. Which isn't going well either.

God this place provides some amusement. But time to go and make stuff.

FKT

11 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I'm bored with it now. We've gone from demolishing the bit about recessions to personal attacks by one of the people who stuck his oar in and didn't like the outcome.

Funny how banter that picks on others is amusing to some folks, but becomes a "personal attack" if they're the target.

I honestly thought you'd get that it wasn't serious, but hey, if you were truly insulted - I apologise. You were still wrong to claim that thirty years ago isn't a "fuck of a long time" in politics, but truly thought you were made of a little sterner stuff than to get feathers ruffled by a few old man jokes. My kids make them about me all the time. My mistake, I'll keep in mind you're sensitive about that for the future.

I think the issue here is the unit value of a ‘fuck’ as in  "fuck of a long time".  To some people a ‘fuck’ maybe something that goes for a long time, but to others it maybe over in the blink of an eye. Therefore it means to Bent that anything longer than a blink of an eye is a long ‘fuck’. This explains his long tiresome essays, why he has so much spare time to waste on here, and why his wife parks so far from the gutter.

10 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I think the issue here is the unit value of a ‘fuck’ as in  "fuck of a long time".  To some people a ‘fuck’ maybe something that goes for a long time, but to others it maybe over in the blink of an eye. Therefore it means to Bent that anything longer than a blink of an eye is a long ‘fuck’. This explains his long tiresome essays, why he has so much spare time to waste on here, and why his wife parks so far from the gutter.

Imperial or Metric fucks? 

34 minutes ago, FinnFish said:

To some people a ‘fuck’ maybe something that goes for a long time, but to others it maybe over in the blink of an eye.

Yeah that's true for some people like you LB.

The old ... "this won't take long did it"?

As expected, Mr Broad will be repaying the misused taxpayer funds, the AFP have stated that no crime was committed by the woman in question (despite suggestions to the contrary), McCormack knew about it weeks earlier than he said he did yesterday, and the Coalition has decided that his conduct is bad enough to end his career & kick him from his safe seat.... but not so bad they'll give up his vote until the election next year.

About what one would expect really.

b8570863-ae9f-408d-be46-12457299e15e.jpeg.4e0fb96c6bd2089518f0372c3c36a31a.jpeg

Picture above: A dumb broad... and the woman that ended his career in politics. 

55 minutes ago, random said:

Yeah that's true for some people like you LB.

The old ... "this won't take long did it"?

You are really belting them out of the park today mate. 

15 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

b8570863-ae9f-408d-be46-12457299e15e.jpeg.4e0fb96c6bd2089518f0372c3c36a31a.jpeg

Picture above: A dumb broad... and the woman that ended his career in politics. 

Image result for craig thompson hookersImage result for bad hookers

Picture above: A dumb cunt... and the woman that ended his career in politics. 

Two can play that stupid game. They are all cunts.

13 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You are really belting them out of the park today mate. 

LB I'm really sorry about this but after all this talk about dicks and blue pills, I just can't make it for that M2O double-handed thing you asked me to go on.

Debt fears as wages bill soars

Queensland’s already-battered credit profile is under challenge from the state’s mounting debt, projected to reach 128 per cent of government revenue in 2022, ratings agency Moody’s has warned.Despite coal pouring billions into government coffers.

The ALP sends another State to the wall.

26 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Secession is the only way.

Which planet are you going to try for next?

47 minutes ago, FinnFish said:

Debt fears as wages bill soars  

Never credited Queenslanders with much sense. I'm not seeing anything to change my mind of that.

8 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Which planet are you going to try for next?

Ease is referring to the separatist notions the Queensland whack-jobs get whenever they don't get their way in parliament.

Personally, I would just let'em float around in the vacuum between stars. I mean, what did the other planets do to us that we should inflict our northern nutters on them?

15 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Never credited Queenslanders with much sense. I'm not seeing anything to change my mind of that.

2pdoj7.jpg

16 hours ago, FinnFish said:

Debt fears as wages bill soars

Queensland’s already-battered credit profile is under challenge from the state’s mounting debt, projected to reach 128 per cent of government revenue in 2022, ratings agency Moody’s has warned.Despite coal pouring billions into government coffers.

The ALP sends another State to the wall.

Yep. Possibly our worse ever state government. But all Labor governments are like a child in a lolly shop when the get elected. They couldn't run a greasy stick up a dead dogs arse.

46 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Yep. Possibly our worse ever state government. But all Labor governments are like a child in a lolly shop when the get elected. They couldn't run a greasy stick up a dead dogs arse.

Its a Queensland thing. Victoria is booming thanks to a reelected alp.

But then, we actually make shit. Still.

38 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Its a Queensland thing. Victoria is booming thanks to a reelected alp.

But then, we actually make shit. Still.

Oh yeah I forgot.

2014-073--The-funeral-cortege-AUSTRALIA-

2 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

But then, we actually make shit. 

Yes you do. That is why your state is fucked.

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Yes you do. That is why your state is fucked.

Enjoy your Christmas. Make it a big one, no need to hold back. What with all my gst dollars going into your pocket.

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Enjoy your Christmas. Make it a big one, no need to hold back. What with all my gst dollars going into your pocket.

And we love it, Anna and Jackie probably love it that much more.

9081490-3x2-700x467.jpg

3 minutes ago, FinnFish said:

9081490-3x2-700x467.jpg

She looks like shes working out her constipation issues. Better take cover!

Just now, Ease the sheet. said:

She looks like shes working out her constipation issues. Better take cover!

More akin to intellectual vacancy.

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

And to you mate. Here is the Christmas card I am sending everyone this year.

2pdnx2.jpg

21 minutes ago, FinnFish said:

9081490-3x2-700x467.jpg

Never worked a day in the real world. Accidental Anna. Even the ALP string pullers know they are stuck with her, but Jackie is ready to strike anytime. Anna shouldn't turn her back for a second. She has the eyes of a killer.

Image result for Jackie Trad angry

19 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Never worked a day in the real world. Accidental Anna. Even the ALP string pullers know they are stuck with her, but Jackie is ready to strike anytime. Anna shouldn't turn her back for a second. She has the eyes of a killer.

A bunny boiler, with the redhead recessive gene, the perfect socialist.

anna-trad-ico9xi4g8swn5hvftn2_ct677x380. 

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

And to you mate. Here is the Christmas card I am sending everyone this year.

2pdnx2.jpg

I remember that night. I still don't know why you did your back, crack and sack but not your legs.

• Like 1

“There has been a lot of pain,” said Shorten, stating the obvious without mentioning the actual Rudd-Gillard years of leadership assassinations, undermining, backbiting and all the rest.

“But today I say to the conference, it is time for healing, to make peace with our past in the same way we are united about our future.”

Why, he was so moved by the significance of the occasion he ploughed on beyond the Bible to purloin one of John Howard’s favourite lines.

It was time, said Shorten, “For recognition that what unites is greater than what divides us has come”.

And as Kevin Rudd and his wife Therese Rein climbed to the conference stage to accept the ALP life memberships the party was bestowing upon them, Wayne Swan, party president, one time friend and latterly long-time mutual enemy of Rudd, sat in the shadows and dutifully applauded with everyone else.

Mr Rudd's speech reminded some in the audience of why they elected him leader.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/kevin-rudd-calls-on-labor-party-to-leave-its-occasional-disagreements-in-the-past-20181218-p50myk.html

8 minutes ago, VOA said:

The staged Adani protest at the conference was just pathetic. 

HAhahahaaaaaa I've seen everything now.

'staged protest' is it?  As opposed to a spontaneous one where people just don't got to work on a whim and coincidentally gather.

You are really as fucked in the head as your wife told me, after you abandoned her and the kids.

Where does the making shit up start and stop?

JerKz and Vaginal Odor Anonymous make shit up all the time.  JerKz has admitted to using an on-line calculator to generate claims about climate change.  He can't substantiate the shit he posts

The rest of the denial shills claim that anyone listening to the scientists about climate change are part of a religion, when it is clearly part of the same science that has probably kept them alive or allows us to communicate here.

Stop changing the subject cunt. Where do you get off bitching about marriage matters of people you don't know?

It's as bad as if I were to start ranting on about your nasty habit of fucking the Sunday chook to death before roasting it. 

But I won't do that. I have a modicum of class, unlike yourself.

Silly cunt.

9 minutes ago, Happy said:

Stop changing the subject cunt. Where do you get off bitching about marriage matters of people you don't know?

It's as bad as if I were to start ranting on about your nasty habit of fucking the Sunday chook to death before roasting it. 

But I won't do that. I have a modicum of class, unlike yourself.

Silly cunt.

Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif

I've just had an amazing realization, a moment of clarity.

Random isn't just a silly and nasty cunt, he is actually useful......useful to me personally!

I've had a shit of an 11-hour day. A higher than average dose of stupid to wade through. There were a few occasions where I had the stress of not being able to belt some idiot who really deserved and needed a smack and a few stern words.

Now I'm home, it's a beautiful sunset, I've just cracked my second ice-cold beer, and I can sit here and insult his dumb ass. I can feel the tension melting away every time I call him a cunt. Ommmmm…..cunt......ommmm….etc.

So thank you, brother Random, for providing an obvious outlet for my day's accumulated rage. You make it so easy.

Fuck I love this place.

What an interesting little exercise.

An open letter to the Climate Change Denial industry in PA.

On this forum we have evil fucking liars.  Some of them are pushing propaganda for evil bastards.  They are prepared to lie for a $.  Don't get me wrong there are some truly dumb cunts here, but most are intelligent to the point of cunning.

They say that scientists who spend their entire working lives studying the climate of the planet using the best and latest information available .. they say they are leaders of a religion, that they are doing it for money, or worse.  When they know that is not true, they say it anyway.  Somehow that is OK to them.

But when an anonymous poster on the interweb, fabricates a story about another anonymous poster on the interweb, oh the Faux outrage!  Are you capable of appreciating the hypocrisy?

But how about real people active in the Climate Change action movement, forget avatars.  People who never thought they would ever see the day when the very science they love is scapegoated and mocked.  And there is worse.

Climate scientist who got death threats says he fears more attacks under Trump

"I've faced hostile investigations by politicians, demands for me to be fired from my job, threats against my life and even threats against my family," Mann said in a Sunday op-ed in the Washington Post. "

These people are real, not avatars on some shit forum.  But you are willing to lie about the science, to discredit the actual individuals and their life's work.

Your values are so distorted you have lost sight of any morals.  By posting the shit here that you do, you support the people who made those threats.

Everytime one of you lying cunts posts unsubstantiated bullshit, distortions, fabrications, outright lies and mocks science, I see you aligned with the very people who threaten scientists.

Have a good hard think about either how stupid you are, or what an evil lying cunt you are.

smoking.gif

^^ I believe him, he's not lying. end of.

I can almost smell the steaming fecal matter that comprises your brain from here.

serious question: where's your dignity?