Shortforbob

I still call Australia home

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Laws are supposed to reflect justice and mercy, 

You're funny, tell us some more.

Laws have always been written by the 'haves' to protect property from the unwashed. And each other.

Occasional alms get thrown to the peasants to stop them revolting.

As expected, Dutton is doubling down on the stupid. In response to the head of the Fijian department of immigration categorically stating that, by their laws, Prakash isn't a citizen of their country and never was, Dutton's response was:

“We’ve a great deal of respect for the Fijians, but the legal advice to us on the operation of law in relation to Mr Prakash was clear.”

Stated another way - "We will decide the laws of your country and the circumstances in which they change". And to think that some folks wanted him in charge. :rolleyes:

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, VOA said:

There’s an AFL player of kiwi descent whose daddy has been sent home to where he comes from never to return. Did you get all up in arms about that Mel?

theres quite a few kiwis that have been smacked with the ban stick. 

There was a documentary on this a few months ago. 

Two senior New Zealand ministers have taken a brickbat to Australia, calling the politics of deportations "venal" and warning the issue is straining relations between the two countries.

Key points:

• In the past three years 1,300 Kiwis have been deported to New Zealand
  • In the same time, New Zealand has sent back nine Australian citizens
  • Peter Dutton says the deportation is not in breach of human rights

The criticism comes in the wake of a steep rise in deportations of Kiwis since the passage of laws in 2014 that allowed deportation of long-term Australian residents, who are not citizens, on the grounds of "character", as well as those who have been sentenced to prison for 12 months or more.

"Many are being sent back here with no real connections, no real networks, no real support," New Zealand Justice Minister Andrew Little said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-17/new-zealand-ministers-criticise-australia-deportation-laws/9999460

The British are getting onto it as well. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21783475

Mahdi Hashi, 23, was given a British passport after he was brought to Britain from Somalia with his family nearly 20 years ago. 

He was in Somalia last summer when the Home Office told his parents his citizenship had been taken away from him.

Just before Christmas, US prosecutors said Mahdi Hashi had been flown to New York by the FBI and charged with providing material support to al-Qaeda-linked militant group al-Shabab.

Under section 40 of the British Nationality Act 1981, as amended in 2006, the home secretary may make an order depriving a person of citizenship status if they are "satisfied that deprivation is conducive to the public good". No reasons need be given and no court approval is required.

Who is this scumbag? Neil Erikson associated with gavin mcinnes 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-05/far-right-rally-in-st-kilda/10686966

second provocation this year https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-29/st-kilda-clash-far-right-activists-target-young-men/10673088  ..why pick St Kilda?

Thanks Trump :angry:

42 minutes ago, VOA said:

Love how channel 7 picks an Africaans to interview..I wonder if maybe his son was assaulted for airing certain unaustralian views he forgot to leave in his home country before emigrating?

Interesting that this is all you can respond with..anyone would think you support those right wing provocateurs. 

• Like 1

saw one of these signs yesterday for the first time .............................

af25d0ee-6656-4fe8-bf22-09966c2eaf30.thumb.jpg.1354133416302fa6f6a46e05e91e05c6.jpg

49 minutes ago, Mid said:

saw one of these signs yesterday for the first time .............................

Huh? Since when can't you drink our rainwater?

Just now, Ease the sheet. said:

Since someone could profit from water.

Its a big city thing.

Amazing what you can convince people of given the right marketing. We have a lovely Californian living with us at the moment and she can't bring herself to drinking water out of the tap. I kid you not. 

5 hours ago, Mid said:

af25d0ee-6656-4fe8-bf22-09966c2eaf30.thumb.jpg.1354133416302fa6f6a46e05e91e05c6.jpg

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

Image result for no fishing in toilet sign

1 minute ago, Bent Sailor said:

We have a lovely Californian living with us at the moment 

Tits?

45 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Amazing what you can convince people of given the right marketing. We have a lovely Californian living with us at the moment and she can't bring herself to drinking water out of the tap. I kid you not. 

The bottled water industrial complex has a lot to answer for.

It is essentially illegal to collect rainwater for domestic use in parts of several western US states (deprives the farmers of it.....) so maybe she doesn't want to break the law?

42 minutes ago, Fleetwood said:

It is essentially illegal to collect rainwater for domestic use in parts of several western US states (deprives the farmers of it.....) so maybe she doesn't want to break the law?

Wha?? how can having a rainwater tank on your property deprive farmers of water? Sounds about as intelligent as Trump's comments on rivers being "foolishly diverted to the ocean"  :rolleyes:

Nah, Americans can be very odd about water..I remember after Chernobyl went up..I was travelling in Europe (western Europe) and the American kids in the hostels were boiling their water to remove radiation :D ..said the state department had advised them to do so ..double :rolleyes:

wondered about that also , perhaps the thinking is the water is not reaching the aquifers . 

6 minutes ago, Mid said:

wondered about that also , perhaps the thinking is the water is not reaching the aquifers . 

like a 5000 ltr tank is going to make a dent..but your prolly right.

Or possibly she thinks Australian water is like the USA

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Wha?? how can having a rainwater tank on your property deprive farmers of water? Sounds about as intelligent as Trump's comments on rivers being "foolishly diverted to the ocean"  :rolleyes:

I wouldn't go too far with that - it may well *technically* be illegal if you don't have permission right here in some States of Australia.

You don't own the water that falls on your own land, I can assure you. Nor can you build a dam without permission, even a tiny one.

Fortunately it's a law rarely enforced.

FKT

In Victoria its against the law to create any barrier that blocks a watercourse.  From the sky to the creek/river. So a farmer cannot put a dam on his property.

Unless you have a permit........

Water tanks in the city have an exception created after the drought 10 years ago. Unless they're plumbed into the storm water system. Then a permit is mandatory. And water tanks can only supply toilet and laundry if plumbed to house.

so your saying you cant connect a tank to your gutter in australia? or dig a hole and let it fill ?? weird.

I know you cant dam or block a water course..that's a no brainer.

mind you, I think I made a few attempts in my yoof. :)

We actually managed to part flood a paddock once.

3 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

so your saying you cant connect a tank to your gutter in australia? or dig a hole and let it fill ?? weird.

Basically, yes. Though I'm no authority.  Your council would be people to talk to. My council charged me a small fortune for a water tank permit. Then the state gov took their cut for a certificate of compliance.

1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Basically, yes. Though I'm no authority.  Your council would be people to talk to. My council charged me a small fortune for a water tank permit. Then the state gov took their cut for a certificate of compliance.

So..my (clean) wheelie bin under the downpipe was illegal ..daayem :D

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Thank you..but that wheelie bin thing was during the drought 10 years ago. :) when I had a garden worth mentioning..and a workshop :(

no room for a tank now..I just make the kids skip showers to make up for hosing the dog wee  off the concrete.,,good for about 5000 ltrs 

And in news this morning for MBL...

David Leyonhjelm to quit federal politics and contest NSW election

The man everyone knew only got in because of party name confusion amongst the Liberal/National voters is calling it quits before it can be proven beyond doubt that no-one really wanted him. 

And in news for those that think Dutton is anything but a screw-up...

Dutton's citizenship case against terrorist Prakash shredded

Given a chance to work something out with Fiji over the holiday break... Dutton managed sweet-fuck-all and now Fiji has removed any & all wiggle room on the matter. The guy doesn't have and never did have a Fijian citizenship. Moreover, they have stated (contrary to the Liberal's earlier statements) that no-one form the government consulted them about the matter before they declared his Aussie citizenship null & void. Therefore, by current law, Dutton cannot have removed it. Which means Prakash is coming back here. 

I never had much respect for the "small target" approach by Shorten, but I'll be damned if it isn't paying dividends. 

16 hours ago, Fleetwood said:

In Colorado its now OK to collect up to 110 gals in a rain barrel.

15 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Pretty much but it's all over the place. For instance in rural and fire-prone areas they may well *insist* that you have reserved water storage with standard camlock fittings for fire-fighting.

You should have seen the look on the council inspector's face when I told him that my house was built on top of my water tank. Said tank being 6m x 7.6m x 1.8m deep reinforced concrete with a 100mm thick lid. I never worry about running out of water. They had a shit-fit but in the end had to OK it (I found it easier to ask for forgiveness/retrospective approval than permission). It was professionally built to a certified engineering standard.

I also have 2 small dams but, alas, they're dry because my upstream neighbour has a big dam and likes watering his lawns & extensive gardens all summer, so he can spend every second weekend cutting the grass. As the creek crosses my driveway via culvert before getting to his dam, I've fantasised about piping the water from there before it enters their property. One day maybe. I want the dam water for the wildlife and a firefighting reserve.

When I get my IH TD9 tracked loader rebuilt (next big project) there might be some serious landscaping around here.....

FKT

• Like 1

Christ on a crutch. Is there anything that this government can do without an unforced fuck-up? They can't even get a bloody "family man" shot of the PM without screwing the pooch...

• Downvote 1

Now this is truly a scandal. How could anyone vote for a person who lets one of their PR people remove a branded pair of shoes from a photo? Next thing you know it will emerge that he carried on an affair with the governor generals daughter behind his wife’s back before abandoning her and marring his mistress. These Liberal party types have no morals do they. Bent should have a pair photoshopped onto himself and I am not talking about shoes.

Perhaps the shoe manufacturer didn't want to be associated with the PM?

2 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

Perhaps the shoe manufacturer didn't want to be associated with the PM?

I doubt it. If they left the brand identification on the shoes you leftards would all be clutching your handbags and screaming about him using a photo opp to shill for a shoe brand. I guess in the absence of any thing to actually complain about you have to clutch at any straw. Seen the Employment figures? 

41 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I doubt it. If they left the brand identification on the shoes you leftards would all be clutching your handbags and screaming about him using a photo opp to shill for a shoe brand. I guess in the absence of any thing to actually complain about you have to clutch at any straw. Seen the Employment figures? 

Well, I took a shot. ;)

And no, I've not seen any Aussie employment figures.

• Like 1

well here's something real to get your teeth into

Dutton want's a nationalised public child sex offenders register.

including Details that could be included on the register include an offender's name, date of birth, photo, the nature of their offending, and their general location, such as their postcode.

Hynch wants to go further and include their address.

Now we all agree that kiddie fiddlers are lower than the low, but I'm not so sure about this.

What kind of Child sex offence are they talking about? ALL convicted SO's?

And as for publishing the address of CSO,s... public lynchings?

It's too broad..the 19yo person convicted of sexting a 16yo? 

and..if someone has done the time should they not have an opportunity to live in peace..we have police to deal with this.

This seems like a recipe for vigilante extra judicial action.

Is Dutton indulging in the lowest form of wedge politics?

And before you flame me, think about it?

You happen to live in the same postcode and have a close resemblance to a SO..Gossip starts ..can you defend yourself and your business from innuendo and rumour started by some public decency warrior who spends their time pouring over this PUBLIC register?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-09/peter-dutton-proposes-national-database-of-sex-offenders/10701202

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Now this is truly a scandal. How could anyone vote for a person who lets one of their PR people remove a branded pair of shoes from a photo? Next thing you know it will emerge that he carried on an affair with the governor generals daughter behind his wife’s back before abandoning her and marring his mistress. These Liberal party types have no morals do they. Bent should have a pair photoshopped onto himself and I am not talking about shoes.

Queensland does gave it's fair share of sluts and failed marriages. ......

34 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

including Details that could be included on the register include an offender's name, date of birth, photo, the nature of their offending, and their general location, such as their postcode.

Hynch wants to go further and include their address.

Now we all agree that kiddie fiddlers are lower than the low, but I'm not so sure about this.

What kind of Child sex offence are they talking about? ALL convicted SO's?

And as for publishing the address of CSO,s... public lynchings?

It's too broad..the 19yo person convicted of sexting a 16yo? 

and..if someone has done the time should they not have an opportunity to live in peace..we have police to deal with this.

This seems like a recipe for vigilante extra judicial action.

Is Dutton indulging in the lowest form of wedge politics?

And before you flame me, think about it?

You happen to live in the same postcode and have a close resemblance to a SO..Gossip starts ..can you defend yourself and your business from innuendo and rumour started by some public decency warrior who spends their time pouring over this PUBLIC register?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-09/peter-dutton-proposes-national-database-of-sex-offenders/10701202

Consensual sexting is no longer considered a criminal offense though it can be used as evidence for grooming.

Dutton needs a new talking point. The old one made him look like a fucking idiot.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think the shoe thing is "something real". It's just amusing how they can't even get the simple things right. I mean, who the fuck thinks they need to photoshop a shoe to present themselves as a happy family man?

Dutton needs a distraction from the Prakash fuck-up, so is looking for some red meat to throw at those that can't walk & chew gum at the same time. He's not really interested in passing the law, just making sure the whackos stay in the Liberal/National fold. With Hanson, Anning, Katter, Bernadi, etc all looking to peel off a few votes, the Liberals are shit scared the nutters are going to abandon them. 

16 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Don't get me wrong. I don't think the shoe thing is "something real". It's just amusing how they can't even get the simple things right. I mean, who the fuck thinks they need to photoshop a shoe to present themselves as a happy family man?

Dutton needs a distraction from the Prakash fuck-up, so is looking for some red meat to throw at those that can't walk & chew gum at the same time. He's not really interested in passing the law, just making sure the whackos stay in the Liberal/National fold. With Hanson, Anning, Katter, Bernadi, etc all looking to peel off a few votes, the Liberals are shit scared the nutters are going to abandon them. 

I notice he's not advocating ALL SO's be put on a public register..what a boon that would be to Tinder or Plenty of fish etc.:rolleyes: 

4 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Dutton needs a new talking point. The old one made him look like a fucking idiot.

This. Except it's not that he looks like a fucking idiot, it's that he keeps demonstrating that he *is* one.

I'd want to see what sort of definition of 'child sex offender' is meant. Technically you can get on to the register by taking a piss in public if a child sees you and you get reported. Indecent exposure to a child.

FKT

Every State and Territory has such a register now.  It's even called ANCOR - A National Child Offender Register, although it isn't actually a national register, just that each individual register is administered by the one organisation.  Access is limited to law enforcement organisations, not available to the public.

Qld has, I believe, a more publicly accessible register in the wake of the Daniel Morecombe matter.  A previous Attorney-General in the Northern Territory wanted to introduce a publicly accessible register in the NT - even calling it "Daniel's Law".  NOBODY agreed with it on policy grounds, not even his own Cabinet colleagues.  It was dropped, thankfully - as was the A-G.

In that case, the Morecombes were genuinely trying to make things better in the light of their terrible experience - and that's perfectly understandable.  But the public register had too many problems.  In Dutton's case, I don't believe he's genuinely trying to improve anything - just dog whistling.

FKT - your example wouldn't cross the threshold for being placed on the register, but Romeo - Juliet cases do for the register now, resulting in young people having to report as a sex offender for years.

15 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Christ on a crutch. Is there anything that this government can do without an unforced fuck-up? They can't even get a bloody "family man" shot of the PM without screwing the pooch...

Nice try Bent.

Here's his response. Pretty good reply I reckon.

7 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

Nice try Bent.

I wasn't trying anything. Merely pointing out they can't even get the simple things done without ballsing it up. Not my fault they're so incompetent they can't even post a photo without screwing something up. :lol: 

Here's his response. Pretty good reply I reckon.

Indeed. Not a bad response given the initial unforced fuck-up, requiring the PM to bring up his shoes on his electoral twitter feed in the first place. Kind of the point ;) 

1 hour ago, Bent Sailor said:

I wasn't trying anything. Merely pointing out they can't even get the simple things done without ballsing it up. Not my fault they're so incompetent they can't even post a photo without screwing something up. :lol: 

Thing is Bent it wasn't "The Government", which is at least what you were insinuating. Just some Media/PR officer in the Dept of PM & Cabinet that apparently posted the pic without authorisation from the PM's office or indeed the PM. At least that's what's been reported as being said by a spokesperson from the PM's office by the ABC.

Just now, albanyguy said:

Thing is Bent it wasn't "The Government", which is at least what you were insinuating. Just some Media/PR officer in the Dept of PM & Cabinet that apparently posted the pic without authorisation from the PM's office or indeed the PM. At least that's what's been reported as being said by a spokesperson from the PM's office by the ABC.

I hold the government responsible for the people they hire and what their people do. You've done so in the past too, at least when they're hired by Labor. In fact, that's kind of what we vote government in for - to direct those they hire and take responsibility for their actions (which they certainly do that when it looks good for them).

But hey, if it means that much to you, you blame the PR dept for it. It's not as important to me as it is you - I just find it funny. You defend ScoMo from #shoegate and I'll just be over here laughing :lol: 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Bent Sailor said:

Indeed. Not a bad response given the initial unforced fuck-up, requiring the PM to bring up his shoes on his electoral twitter feed in the first place. Kind of the point ;) 

A back peddle followed by a forward peddle in the same post.

YCMTSU.

2 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

I hold the government responsible for the people they hire and what their people do. You've done so in the past too, at least when they're hired by Labor. In fact, that's kind of what we vote government in for - to direct those they hire and take responsibility for their actions (which they certainly do that when it looks good for them).

But hey, if it means that much to you, you blame the PR dept for it. It's not as important to me as it is you - I just find it funny. You defend ScoMo from #shoegate and I'll just be over here laughing :lol: 

Based on that logic we hold your parents responsible for you. Your father should have pulled out.

6 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

It's just amusing how they can't even get the simple things right. 

2p7nmy.jpg

Since Randumb has left he wont worry if I borrow this.

Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VOA said:

Do you have a cite showing where @albanyguy blamed a departmental employee for something? That is what you said, isn’t it? 

You’re a cowardly creep. 

I'll wait with baited breath :lol:

Agreed...but it'll be entertaining watching him try. We got to keep someone entertaining us monkeys whilst Randumb's gone on sabbatical :lol:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, albanyguy said:

I'll wait with baited breath :lol:

As I didn't say what GUMPY is projecting, it'll be a long wait. The perverted little dwarf hasn't changed his schtick and I've not changed my mind about playing it. 

• Downvote 1

Federal MP Anthony Albanese announces split with wife Carmel Tebbutt

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/federal-mp-anthony-albanese-announces-split-with-wife-carmel-tebbutt/news-story/c5845a8fa6eb084f5383c86b0a201740

Obviously members of the ALP are better at keeping their mistresses out of the spot light than the National party. Still cant keep their dicks in their pants however. At least Bill has been faithful to his wife.

2qrlc5.jpg

2qrlj8.jpg

16 hours ago, VOA said:

Old mate Bent can’t leave without having the last word. 

32 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

As I didn't say what GUMPY is projecting, it'll be a long wait. The perverted little dwarf hasn't changed his schtick and I've not changed my mind about playing it. 

Fuck I love this place.

4 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Federal MP Anthony Albanese announces split with wife Carmel Tebbutt

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/federal-mp-anthony-albanese-announces-split-with-wife-carmel-tebbutt/news-story/c5845a8fa6eb084f5383c86b0a201740

Obviously members of the ALP are better at keeping their mistresses out of the spot light than the National party. Still cant keep their dicks in their pants however. At least Bill has been faithful to his wife.

2qrlc5.jpg

2qrlj8.jpg

Albo's got a mistress? Do tell!

13 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Albo's got a mistress? Do tell!

What do you think he left because he didn't like her cooking? I guess you do have to be pretty gullible to vote Labor...

10 minutes ago, VOA said:

For all those words he posts Bent never manages to say anything. Seems he’s awful frightened of this Grumpy bloke though. 

I have the cunt just where I want him. He claims to not only have me on ignore, he also claims he has written some code into the forumware so he can't see my posts if someone quotes me. So he has no ability to reply when I call him say, a tedious pin-dicked, cock smoking, pedantic little fucktard. He just has to kick the dog and go for a walk around his smelly little lake and throw stones at the seagulls. 

He does fuckup sometimes when it all gets to much and replies to something I post.

28 minutes ago, VOA said:

I wonder why a bloke like Bent Jack who doesn’t sail posts on a sailing site. 

And we wonder why you defend him as well.  Sheesh, hard to say who is the more annoying returd - Grumpy or Gator.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

And we wonder why you defend him as well.  Sheesh, hard to say who is the more annoying returd - Grumpy or Gator.

GUMPY. He's still here and people still quote his sad attempts to get attention. 

37 minutes ago, VOA said:

I wonder why a bloke like Bent who doesn’t sail posts on a sailing site. 

By his own admission he posts on lots of forums. A pedant like him needs lots of people to argue with to vent his dissatisfaction with the world and to feed his towering, porcelain ego.

17 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

GUMPY. He's still here and people still quote his sad attempts to get attention

Fuck! I love this Fucking place!

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

What do you think he left because he didn't like her cooking? I guess you do have to be pretty gullible to vote Labor...

I don't know why he left. I'll wait till wild oats puts out a call for him before I call him a cheater.

6 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

No. The black lines aren't of an age appropriate width.

Or height.

29 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Or height.

Greens fundraiser?

Could have sworn I saw Sarah Hanson-Young.   

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Mr Shorten, a Collingwood fan, is understood to have broken the news to Ms Beale at a Sunday football match at the MCG about a month ago.

"He told her `I don't think I want to be married any more'," a Labor source said. "She was totally shocked."

2 minutes ago, FinnFish said:

Mr Shorten, a Collingwood fan, is understood to have broken the news to Ms Beale at a Sunday football match at the MCG about a month ago.

"He told her `I don't think I want to be married any more'," a Labor source said. "She was totally shocked."

A Collingwood fan?

Must have a good dentist......

50 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

A Collingwood fan?

Must have a good dentist......

Did he marry Chloe in Collingwood? The locals would have known she was the bride because she would have been the one wearing the white tracksuit.

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Did he marry Chloe in Collingwood? The locals would have known she was the bride because she would have been the one wearing the white tracksuit.

Where I grew up it was the bride was the one in the clean bowling shirt. The bride was the one with the nicely braided armpits. etc. Things haven't changed much down there since about 1964, it seems.

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Where I grew up it was the bride was the one in the clean bowling shirt. The bride was the one with the nicely braided armpits. etc. Things haven't changed much down there since about 1964, it seems.

1964? That was about 12 Prime ministers ago! But then again so was 2016.

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

American woman. Undermining feminism since forever.

We get it. You don't like tits.

NTTIAWWT.

Where I came from, we used to put a bucket of sheep's guts off to the side, to keep the flies off the bride. (She was the one in the new white thongs.)

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

The stereotypical Collingwood supporter can no longer afford to reside in Collingwood. Shame really. Having them all in one place made it easier to avoid them.

21 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

GUMPY. He's still here and people still quote his sad attempts to get attention. 

I know how much you dislike anyone but yourself being pedantic, but ‘Gumpy’ is a Canadian sailmaker you moron. If you are going to attempt to flame someone at least get their name right. 

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

I know how much you dislike anyone but yourself being pedantic, but ‘Gumpy’ is a Canadian sailmaker you moron. If you are going to attempt to flame someone at least get their name right. 

I think you are referring to Gumby.

gumby.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

I think you are referring to Gumby.

gumby.jpg

Don't be so fucking pedantic.

32 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Don't be so fucking pedantic.

I'm Canadian.

• Like 1

I think that piece is pretty well spot on. Besides, it's his perception of what people say to him. It's quite obvious your perception is very different.

13 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

I think that piece is pretty well spot on. Besides, it's his perception of what people say to him. It's quite obvious your perception is very different.

So did I.

Compare to the manic irrational ranting of the US president. Could be worse!

3 hours ago, albanyguy said:

I think that piece is pretty well spot on. Besides, it's his perception of what people say to him. 

For some it will be spot on. In much the same way that an op-ed by the Klan will ring true for people too. Same with an op-ed by the Socialist Alliance, Young Liberals, or Katter Party for that matter. 

The point wasn't that the PM has a demographic that agrees with him. The point was him having to tell the "everyday Australians" what they think instead of simply acting on it smacks of desperation. We know what we think already. ScoMo's marketing past is getting the better of him again and not doing him or the government any favours. 

hardly inspirational...and kind of sickening.

and reading it carefully, full of ,,,I don't know what you call em. His WE certainly isn't me.

What is it when you make a statement, assume everyone agrees and then take that a"agreement" a bit further.

ie

"

We want to take care of our environment, especially locally. It’s where we live and play. We’re sympathetic to the big global environmental issues, because we really do care about the world we’re leaving for our kids.

But we’re not going to sign up to destroy our economy because of the extreme views of some. The rest of us know we have to balance many other responsibilities.

9 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

hardly inspirational...and kind of sickening.

and reading it carefully, full of ,,,I don't know what you call em. His WE certainly isn't me.

What is it when you make a statement, assume everyone agrees and then take that a"agreement" a bit further.

ie

"

We want to take care of our environment, especially locally. It’s where we live and play. We’re sympathetic to the big global environmental issues, because we really do care about the world we’re leaving for our kids.

But we’re not going to sign up to destroy our economy because of the extreme views of some. The rest of us know we have to balance many other responsibilities.

I'm still waiting for my promised sea level rise. It's annoying being limited to 2-3 hours each side of high tide to get to/from my boat.

Perhaps I might build myself a small island next.

FKT

1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I'm still waiting for my promised sea level rise. It's annoying being limited to 2-3 hours each side of high tide to get to/from my boat.

Perhaps I might build myself a small island next.

FKT

Go argue with the CSIRO

Just now, Shortforbob said:

Go argue with the CSIRO

You must be fucking joking. I *wrote* a pile of their code used to analyse data from various ocean instruments. I still talk regularly with the engineer in charge about it.

I'll certainly not bother arguing with *you* about it. I doubt you could program a pocket calculator. You're the sort of person who'd obsess over an ingrown toenail while ignoring the big melanoma in the middle of your back.

Sea level is rising. No doubt about that. I live on the fringe of a drowned river valley - result of continuing sea level rise since the end of the last Ice Age.

FKT

11 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

You must be fucking joking. I *wrote* a pile of their code used to analyse data from various ocean instruments. I still talk regularly with the engineer in charge about it.

Seriously? Is he still there, I might know the guy too. Russian descent, can't stand beer, fucking whiz with numbers and code but a personality like nails on a chalkboard?