Shortforbob

I still call Australia home

On 6/4/2019 at 8:27 PM, random said:

My brother and I are on the look out for someone to donate our time to, save the planet and reduce the feral population.  Would you like us to thin them out for you?

I thought you were the feral population!

53 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Meanwhile we are arresting Journalists in OZ now... ALP or LIB the OZ Gov is becoming the model of Mussolini!

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/afp-opens-door-to-prosecuting-journalists-after-raids-denies-government-interference-20190606-p51v77.html

Yes it's disturbing that we are becoming like the USA.

Ask Assange or Manning.

25 minutes ago, random said:

Yes it's disturbing that we are becoming like the USA.

Ask Assange or Manning.

Way worse mate, way worse. Manning stole classified material and was arrested for that. Our illustrious AFP are arresting people for simply having the information...  

22 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Way worse mate, way worse. Manning stole classified material and was arrested for that. Our illustrious AFP are arresting people for simply having the information...  

Oh really?  Who have they arrested?

1 hour ago, Movable Ballast said:

I guess you didn't read the link huh... 

I did, you didn't.

No arrests.

How could they arrest a journalist at the ABC? They don’t employ any.

On 6/5/2019 at 12:24 AM, Shootist Jeff said:
On 6/4/2019 at 11:14 PM, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

weekend foxes.jpg

What izzat?  Feral dogs?  Looks like a good day.  :D

The bushy tails indicate what they are, 141 feral foxes.

The wedge tailed eagle is one native species that is effective in hunting them.

w2.jpg

t5.jpg

trailcam.jpg

w1.jpg

4 hours ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

The bushy tails indicate what they are, 141 feral foxes.

Gee hey. so they are a new species of large fox with hooves?

The title of the photo says "weekend foxes.jpg"

Seems to end that argument.

15 minutes ago, DtM said:

The title of the photo says "weekend foxes.jpg"

Seems to end that argument.

There is no argument.  They are clearly goats.

If you had ever been hunting you would know that goats hang in herds, except for cranky old Billy's about to die.  A herd could be taken out like that in the right terrain.

Foxes do not hang in herds and look like ... ah ... well ... foxes.  All the old cunts here who cannot see well should go and get their bifocals.

I've never hunted foxes or goats. I don't need bifocals  to see that those dead critters have big bushy tails. I never heard of the Australian Fox-Tailed Feral Goat.

9 minutes ago, random said:

All the old cunts here who cannot see well should go and get their bifocals.

We'll be here for you if the kids laugh at your doddery new glasses. Although it appears that if you dedicate your life to it, it does eventually make you go blind...

(Which breed of goat is it exactly that has a long bushy tail and claws? )

I have had no difficulty identifying which is which unlike some strange cunts on these boards.  Blown the brains out of a few of each.

But if you have vision problems, a good way of sorting it is that Team Fox all have the same design jersey, unlike Team Goat in that photo.

On 6/5/2019 at 4:53 AM, Importunate Tom said:
On 6/4/2019 at 6:45 PM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

There are stupid inconsistencies in our gun laws, for sure, but allowing easy access to large capacity magazine semiauto centrefire rifles isn't one of them no matter how much the fringe element nutters whine about it.

This makes me wonder if such guns were among the museum collections your grabbers have been confiscating?

I don't really wonder, since I know that disallowing easy access to such guns is the reason museum collections are being confiscated.

I'd love to see a museum of rimfire military weapons but, well, there are not enough of those to display in a museum.

I am intrigued by the bushy tailed goats in the pic Mo posted.

14 hours ago, random said:

I have had no difficulty identifying which is which unlike some strange cunts on these boards.  Blown the brains out of a few of each.

But if you have vision problems, a good way of sorting it is that Team Fox all have the same design jersey, unlike Team Goat in that photo.

You might want to inform the Stawell Times of their error.

https://www.stawelltimes.com.au/story/5362377/fox-bounty-costs-taxpayers-67-million/#slide=3

image.thumb.png.a859a92ec1f774f5d9b0d265133e908b.png

23 hours ago, random said:

All the jerseys look pretty much the same to me.  The fox jersey.

Come on Randumb give this one up.

23 hours ago, random said:

There is no argument.  They are clearly goats.

If you had ever been hunting you would know that goats hang in herds, except for cranky old Billy's about to die.  A herd could be taken out like that in the right terrain.

Foxes do not hang in herds and look like ... ah ... well ... foxes.  All the old cunts here who cannot see well should go and get their bifocals.

Of course there is also the possibility that those foxes were shot elsewhere, and then laid out in neat lines for the camera. 

I doubt that even a crack shot like yourself could drop a large herd of goats that close to each other and in neat rows.

"They are clearly goats"...…..Mate, get your blind arse down to Specsavers. Next thing you'll be molesting your old mother-in-law thinking that she's "clearly your missus."

Fuck I'm glad you're back. After Malarkey disappeared there were no easy targets for a week.

• Like 1

So you finally took a closer look at that photo ……. with your fucking bifocals on?

1 hour ago, Happy said:

The Japanese and Chinese can't get enough of our kangaroo scrotum purses and keyrings, surely somebody could create the same craze for catskin hats?

Used to be a man selling possum skin hats at the Salamanca Market. Occasionally he'd have a cat skin one. Nobody has much time for brushtail possums either but at least they generally only trash gardens & fruit trees. I just fence them out and live with any collateral damage. The gardener would prefer a more active solution but I'm not doing it.

FKT

2 hours ago, Happy said:

So you finally took a closer look at that photo ……. with your fucking bifocals on?

Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif

2 hours ago, Happy said:

The Japanese and Chinese can't get enough of our kangaroo scrotum purses and keyrings, surely somebody could create the same craze for catskin hats?

When Doc Watson was about nine, his eyes began degenerating, and he began to slide into blindness. Coincidentally, the family's elderly kitty died. In sympathy, the grandpa skinned the cat and fitted out a banjo for the house-bound blind kid. The kid was exceptional on the banjo.  

On 6/5/2019 at 4:18 AM, LB 15 said:

Yes. I am not enjoying it here much at the Catholic Youth Club.

Tell us about your problems.

On 6/11/2019 at 6:15 PM, Happy said:

I never heard of the Australian Fox-Tailed Feral Goat.

They taste like chicken.

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

They taste like chicken.

How about dugongs?

FKT

21 hours ago, jocal505 said:

When Doc Watson was about nine, his eyes began degenerating, and he began to slide into blindness. Coincidentally, the family's elderly kitty died. In sympathy, the grandpa skinned the cat and fitted out a banjo for the house-bound blind kid. The kid was exceptional on the banjo.  

Feral cats are an environmental pest, but I can't hate an animal that's just doing what it must to survive. They must be culled, but it's a sad business culling any animal.

Banjos are the work of the devil and I hate them.

The difference between a banjo and a trampoline: you take off your boots before jumping up and down on a trampoline.

1 minute ago, Happy said:

feral cats are an environmental pest, but I can't hate an animal that's just doing what it must to survive. They must be culled,

Yes, in fact I have been considering returning to one of my favorite past-times, removing the heads from feral cats from a distance.  They don't feel a thing and a few small animals live the following day.  The toughest part of a cat is the strip of skin that joins the ear to the shoulder, because so often one ear is left dangling.  I tanned one skin in the 1980's and it was only a few years ago that I threw it out when it started to lose hair.

But foxes are more challenging and rewarding.

Just now, random said:

But foxes are more challenging and rewarding.

I would have thought a cat would be lot harder to shoot than a fox. Much smaller and possibly better at stealth and speed. 

You don't really want to eat either of them.

(You don't want to kill your neighbour's prize goats either...…)

Why is an accordion better than a violin?  

It burns longer and hotter, so you can incinerate more banjos.

3 minutes ago, Happy said:

I would have thought a cat would be lot harder to shoot than a fox.

Cats climb trees.  Once they do that it's not that sporting.

You have to work harder for a fox usually although spotlighting is hardly fair sometimes.  Easiest way is to trap a rabbit and wait.  The sound of a trapped rabbit will attract any fox within a few kms.  Then you get the fox and bunny stew and white sauce.

Randumb the shitstirrer is back.

7 hours ago, DtM said:

Randumb the shitstirrer is back.

Let the good times roll.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 1:37 AM, random said:

Cats climb trees.  Once they do that it's not that sporting.

You have to work harder for a fox usually although spotlighting is hardly fair sometimes.  Easiest way is to trap a rabbit and wait.  The sound of a trapped rabbit will attract any fox within a few kms.  Then you get the fox and bunny stew and white sauce.

When I was a kid working on a ranch on the Columbia, say in 1959, the older teenagers would leave in the morning on horses, with gunz. By lunchtime they would be back with cougar pelts, dripping blood all over the horses. They must have been trapping them or baiting them or something.

And they were not very happy. The bounty on the pelts has crashed from $3.75 each to $3.25 each.  I saw no glory, and no glamor.

40 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

When I was a kid working on a ranch on the Columbia, say in 1959, the older teenagers would leave in the morning on horses, with gunz. By lunchtime they would be back with cougar pelts, dripping blood all over the horses. They must have been trapping them or baiting them or something.

And they were not very happy. The bounty on the pelts has crashed from $3.75 each to $3.25 each.  I saw no glory, and no glamor.

I agree, there is no glamor in that.

In the early 1980's we returned each year to a grain property, pigs were the target species and night was when they came out of the waterways to eat the crops.  When we stopped to open and shut gates there was a species of small marsupial that looked like the below.  Small, defenseless and tasty apparently.

aepyprymnus-rufescens.rufous-bettong.aep

They had no fear of humans and often as the gate swung open they would be pushed out of the way by the gate.  They were curious and wanted to know WTF was going on!

Within 10 years they were gone.  Extinct in that locality.  Cats and foxes killed them all because farming activities had reduced the cover they need to survive.  We shifted our hunting target species to the small cats and foxes that had eaten all our Bettongs.

Now old guys taking a few cats and foxes would have no real impact in the grand scheme of things, but it's better than people who shoot native animals.  But it's been 20 years since I have shot an animal.  It is possible that I am just being nostalgic and no longer capable of shooting anything.

8 minutes ago, random said:

Now old guys taking a few cats and foxes would have no real impact in the grand scheme of things, but it's better than people who shoot native animals.  But it's been 20 years since I shot an animal.  It is possible that I am just being nostalgic and no longer capable of shooting anything.

I've pretty much given up shooting anything. These days I try to live-trap feral cats and let the used cat home decide what to do with them. It's a cop-out I know but I've killed more than my lifetime quota of animals and have no desire to kill more. I feed the kitchen scraps to my collection of wallabies. They're not pets or particularly tame but they're not terribly wary of me either. Very fond of windfall apples too.

Fortunately no foxes in Tasmania.

FKT

Meli and Bent are still missing in action.......

3 years to the next Federal election.

FKT

6 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

3 years to the next Federal election.

FKT

A few of my favourite fantasies for the next term:

Pauline Hanson and Sarah Hanson-Young finally end up rolling on the Senate floor pulling hair and scratching each other's eyes out to the noisy approval of the whole chamber.

Albanese reveals his secret ninja training by spinning round and dropping Shorten just as Bill's about to shiv him in the back.

Someone finds photos of Dutton at a party in Nazi uniform.

Clive Palmer explodes halfway through his third helping of dessert at a flash restaurant. (This basically a replay of the Mr. Creosote sketch from Monty Python's Meaning of Life, but with more blood and shit.)

I've got one involving Barnaby Joyce, but it's far too disgusting to post here. Most people are offended by the thought of a red-faced drunk in a hat having sex with a chicken.

• Like 1

Pauline with a strap-on giving it to Barnaby.  I'd pay to see that.

On 6/14/2019 at 7:58 PM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I've pretty much given up shooting anything....

My first hunting kill: A farm my brother was renting. Uphill, about 200-300 metres to a ploughed field, sun getting low, a flock of pheasants eating the newly planted seeds.

Dad's Winchester .222 magnum rifle, quality scope. I lined up a bird whose top half was sticking up above the ploughed furrow, could barely see him without the scope. 

Bang, one dead bird, the rest of the flock take off screaming. My older brother judges it to be a fucking brilliant shot.

I trudge uphill thinking of hanging times, red wine and shallot reductions, a few feathers on my guitar strap. Pick up the dead bleeding bird and trudge downhill again.

I put the bird in the garbage tip, felt like a murderer for days, and have never shot anything since.

3 hours ago, albanyguy said:

So, @Fah Kiew Tu have you ever partaken in this crazy Taswegian tradition on the Winter Solstice?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-22/record-numbers-brave-icy-waters-for-dark-mofo-nude-swim/11235118

Hundreds of naked people wearing red swimming caps run towards the water on a Tasmanian beach.

Nope. I do my best to be somewhere warmer & hopefully sunnier for winter solstice. I was on Manly (Sydney, not that shit-hole near Brisbane) beach yesterday enjoying the view of young women wearing not very much in the way of bikinis. And getting paid for it.

FKT

30 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

And getting paid for it.

So you're still working?

25 minutes ago, random said:

So you're still working?

No. People pay me for the joy of my presence.

FKT

10 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

No. People pay me for the joy of my presence.

FKT

HairyImpeccableIndianhare-size_restricte

13 hours ago, random said:

Pheasants?  Where the fuck was that?

South Africa. I had a handgun (Browning HP 9mm) most of my adult life there, wouldn't have had any problem shooting human predators, thankfully never had to.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 8:16 PM, LB 15 said:

Magnificent win to the State that bought you the liberal government. I even made it back to the boat alive. But fuck me it is cold down here!

Things seem to be going worse for your beloved Maroons in the rain in Perth. Or are they just giving the Blues a head start and then come from behind again to rip their  heartstrings out?

On 6/20/2019 at 7:50 PM, random said:

Pauline with a strap-on giving it to Barnaby.  I'd pay to see that.

Each to their own I guess.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 8:49 PM, albanyguy said:

Things seem to be going worse for your beloved Maroons in the rain in Perth. Or are they just giving the Blues a head start and then come from behind again to rip their  heartstrings out?

Heartbreaking for us Queenslanders but the better team won. Much doom and gloom over here with the football press all saying there is no way QLD can come back and win the series. For them I have two words.

Scott Morrison.

Great stadium you guys have there, but it needs a roof.

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Heartbreaking for us Queenslanders but the better team won. Much doom and gloom over here with the football press all saying there is no way QLD can come back and win the series. For them I have two words.

Scott Morrison.

But he's not the Messiah, he's just economically incompetent.   

2 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

But he's not the Messiah, he's just economically incompetent.   

If you stop picking at your butthurt it will eventually heal. 

Poor old Bill Shorten. Not only did he loose the election and the leadership, Israel Folau has now taken his ‘Australia’s biggest fuckwit’ title. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Each to their own I guess.

He's probably re-living fond memories of his captivity in your basement.

FKT

22 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Poor old Bill Shorten. Not only did he loose the election and the leadership, Israel Folau has now taken his ‘Australia’s biggest fuckwit’ title. 

Yeah but Dante's 9th circle of hell is still waiting for Shorten.

Assuming nobody gets all butt-hurt over saying that a betrayer of their employer is destined for hell, that is. You never know, these days.

I don't understand why *anyone* cares what a footballer has to say on any topic whatsoever. It's not like they're over-endowed with the ability to think & reason in the first place.

FKT

4 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Yeah but Dante's 9th circle of hell is still waiting for Shorten.

Assuming nobody gets all butt-hurt over saying that a betrayer of their employer is destined for hell, that is. You never know, these days.

I don't understand why *anyone* cares what a footballer has to say on any topic whatsoever. It's not like they're over-endowed with the ability to think & reason in the first place.

FKT

A betrayer of their employer?

You keep saying it and the facts keep disagreeing with you....

Izzy doesn't seem to care that the Bible forbids tattoos...….he's just concerned about sissy boys doing dirty stuff.

Even god thinks he's a fuckwit.

Just now, Ease the sheet. said:

A betrayer of their employer?

You keep saying it and the facts keep disagreeing with you....

You just keep thinking that. It doesn't alter the fact that Shorten took money from employers while negotiating a worse deal than previously for his union members, and then conveniently forgot to declare that money/assistance until a Royal Commission was going to bring it to light regardless.

I realise that you can't accept that this even happened let alone that it was some form of wrong-doing. That's on you.

FKT

19 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

You just keep thinking that. It doesn't alter the fact that Shorten took money from employers while negotiating a worse deal than previously for his union members, and then conveniently forgot to declare that money/assistance until a Royal Commission was going to bring it to light regardless.

I realise that you can't accept that this even happened let alone that it was some form of wrong-doing. That's on you.

FKT

So he declared that money to a royal commission?

You'd think if it was illegal, the royal commission would have recommended changes.

You go on and on about shorten yet he still hasn't been charged.

Maybe more fist waving and yelling will finally get him locked up.

You go girl!

PS. I have read the clause in the cleanevent eba that the smears are based on. I know what actually happened. The workers were given a choice. After working an 8 hr shift, they could either go home or work as a casual. Seems most workers thought that was good and voted yes. Seems when it got to the industrial relations Commission, they were ok with it after applying their "no disadvantage" test.

Thats how it works.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Great stadium you guys have there, but it needs a roof.

A roof! Does Lang Park or Suncorp have a roof? :P

39 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

So he declared that money to a royal commission?

You'd think if it was illegal, the royal commission would have recommended changes.

You go on and on about shorten yet he still hasn't been charged.

Maybe more fist waving and yelling will finally get him locked up.

You go girl!

PS. I have read the clause in the cleanevent eba that the smears are based on. I know what actually happened. The workers were given a choice. After working an 8 hr shift, they could either go home or work as a casual. Seems most workers thought that was good and voted yes. Seems when it got to the industrial relations Commission, they were ok with it after applying their "no disadvantage" test.

Thats how it works.

Three years to the next election. Hope you make it that far. Going to be interesting to see how Albo does and how long it takes before Shorten starts looking for ways to stab him in the back.

I don't give a fuck if Shorten is/was charged with anything or not. He doesn't meet my standards of ethics & personal behaviour and that's the thing that counts. He probably exceeds yours and that's fine too. For you. For now he's on the outer and likely to do more damage to the ALP than anyone else. Remember past performance is a strong indicator of future performance and he's got the blood of 2 prior leaders on his knife.

Never mind - three years and the ALP gets another crack at the Govt benches. Hopefully they'll come up with policies they can sell to the electorate and ditch their love-in with the Greens. But I repeat myself....

FKT

5 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Three years to the next election. Hope you make it that far. Going to be interesting to see how Albo does and how long it takes before Shorten starts looking for ways to stab him in the back.

I don't give a fuck if Shorten is/was charged with anything or not. He doesn't meet my standards of ethics & personal behaviour and that's the thing that counts. He probably exceeds yours and that's fine too. For you. For now he's on the outer and likely to do more damage to the ALP than anyone else. Remember past performance is a strong indicator of future performance and he's got the blood of 2 prior leaders on his knife.

Never mind - three years and the ALP gets another crack at the Govt benches. Hopefully they'll come up with policies they can sell to the electorate and ditch their love-in with the Greens. But I repeat myself....

FKT

Labour leadership rules put in place by Rudd prevent the leadership issues you predict. Shorten had almost 6 years of party leadership. No challenges, no sniping.

The people you consider to be morally superior stabbed 2 leaders in the back. Too funny!

No idea why this is upside down. :P

home on Saturday..back sometime..maybe...hi random

image.jpeg

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

image.jpeg

It's upside down coz "you come from the land Down Under" :lol:

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 9:01 AM, Happy said:

he's just concerned about sissy boys doing dirty stuff.

Steve Hughes has some thoughts on this...

• Like 2

On 6/25/2019 at 9:32 AM, albanyguy said:

A roof! Does Lang Park or Suncorp have a roof? :P

It never rains here mate - except for now when it is pissing down. Climate change I am told. Looks like a surface trough to me. 

9 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

image.jpeg

Related image

• Like 1

Some random street , mandraki, nisyros

image.jpeg

Related image

hi random

Yep we almost have the band back together. Sadly Bent is still on his bender...

Image result for homeless drunk

• Like 1

Shirley Valentine today..............Cabbage Wars tomorrow.. B)

4F736569-D087-4BD2-AE57-9BA6820AF924.jpeg

809B3618-D00D-42F0-8C73-15265A4AAC6F.jpeg

• Like 1

Yep he's fucked in the head.  Has pretend friends in the sky.

• Like 1

If you're going to live by the Bible, you should follow every word literally. It's Gods word and you must obey.

You have to kill, either by stoning or burning alive, everyone who does any of the following:

male homosexuality

adultery

lying about virginity

claiming to be a virgin and then failing to bleed at first porking

bestiality

being an engaged female virgin who got raped in a city

having sex with a female who is menstruating, and a whole lot more.

God also demands that you kill anyone who is a stubborn, rebellious, profligate and drunken son.

That's a lot of killing, true Christians would be exhausted from hauling stones and building fires.

Interestingly, the Bible neither mentions nor condemns female homosexuality. 

From which we can deduce that, despite his multiple weird sexual hangups, God Likes Dykes.

Three million was a lot to walk away from.  He will regret his stupidity, probably does already.

1 hour ago, Happy said:

If you're going to live by the Bible, you should follow every word literally. It's Gods word and you must obey.

It's a fun discussion;

"Without God, there is no morality, because Man doesn't have the moral judgement"

"OK - how do you know what God finds Moral?"

"It's in the bible"

"but the bible says I should stone adulterers to death, and you don't do that"

"well, no. You don't take the bible literally, you pick the appropriate bits"

"oh - how do you do that?"

'You use your judgement"

Huh?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, random said:

Three million was a lot to walk away from.  He will regret his stupidity, probably does already.

He is just a poor dumb footballer being used by the sky fairy lobby to further their own warped cause. Personally I have zero respect for god bothers. They can believe and practice what they want but the rest of the country shouldn’t have to subsidise their stupidity. All churches should start paying tax on income. Including ‘any and all donations’. 

Why the fuck should these evil , homophobic, pedophile sheltering bullies get tax breaks? I would charge the cunts double. When I went to school the Chaplin (we called him ‘black will’) was the most vindictive, nasty bulling cunt I have ever encountered in my life - and I was a member of a royal yacht club for 40 years! And no he didn’t ‘interfere’ with me.

I wasn’t pretty enough.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, random said:

His fund raising is working out well though. 

8 hours ago, Se7en said:

It's a fun discussion;

"Without God, there is no morality, because Man doesn't have the moral judgement"

"OK - how do you know what God finds Moral?"

"It's in the bible"

"but the bible says I should stone adulterers to death, and you don't do that"

"well, no. You don't take the bible literally, you pick the appropriate bits"

"oh - how do you do that?"

'You use your judgement"

Huh?

It’s a fucking fairy tale anyway. 

Well if Rugby is the game they play in heaven and Izzy’s entry requirements are true, they mustn’t be pulling much of a crowd at the games up there. Be lucky to find enough players to put two teams on the paddock.

FA97D2C2-8AC0-4FF9-BD98-D2B470A3E8B4.jpeg

20 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Well if Rugby is the game they play in heaven and Izzy’s entry requirements are true, they mustn’t be pulling much of a crowd at the games up there. Be lucky to find enough players to put two teams on the paddock.

FA97D2C2-8AC0-4FF9-BD98-D2B470A3E8B4.jpeg

But that covers the whole of the population of the planet. 

Yeah. And what the fuck is wrong with fornicating?