Shortforbob

I still call Australia home

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

It is a good thing your government took your guns away.

It is a pity your mother took your dummy away. It must have been the worst 15th birthday ever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2018 at 11:01 AM, Righty_tighty_lefty_dumbas said:

It is a good thing your government took your guns away.

correct :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And another 5 bite the dust today after High Court ruling re Labor MP Katy Gallagher.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-09/high-court-katy-gallagher-citizenship-political-reax/9742130?section=politics

So with Tim Hammond resigning in Perth that's 5 Lower House by-elections to be held in the next few weeks. No wonder there were no nasty surprises in the budget last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, albanyguy said:

5 Lower House by-elections to be held in the next few weeks.

what's the numbers , best & worst case scenarios ?

yes , I admit to being a lazy b ..............;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mid said:

what's the numbers , best & worst case scenarios ?

yes , I admit to being a lazy b ..............;)

Currently, the parties that held the seats are still likely to hold them again afterward. I dunno if that's why, unusually for the Liberals, the Budget has little in the way of "fuck you" to any major demographics, but I reckon at least some thought was spent thinking about that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Currently, the parties that held the seats are still likely to hold them again afterward. I dunno if that's why, unusually for the Liberals, the Budget has little in the way of "fuck you" to any major demographics, but I reckon at least some thought was spent thinking about that.

I wouldn't be too sure on that call Bent. Mayo is definitely up for grabs as Sharkie rode the Xenophon wave into the Lower House and that star has waned. It was a relatively safe Liberal seat previously and I think I saw something earlier saying that Alexander Downer's daughter may be preselected. 

Longman was only a 1% margin to Susan Lamb from the ALP so it's winnable and Perth will be keenly contested although will most probably be retained by ALP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarah Hanson Young V Leyonhjelm

Missed this..what's the background ,

I know what he said in the house..what he say on Sky?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A slur along the lines how well-known it is that she sleeps around. Later, on radio, he suggested she slept with someone by name, which she has denied. 

He's basically following the Trump method of garnering votes given his platform has very, very little support amongst the electorate and he cannot rely on being mistaken for a Liberal again this time around. He was caught out being offensive to someone that old, white right-wingers tend to take issue with and so, instead of apologising for his comments, he's doubling down and going for the popular support he can wring out of insulting a target right-wingers like to spit on.

Don't get me wrong, I have little love for Ms Hanson Young's policies and protest party methods. Thing is, that's about her politics. Her sex life has nothing to do with that and Leyonhjelm is just taking the "I'm libertarian so I can be offensive as I like" schtick and running with it. Thing is, he's a known entity now and can't rely on people being confused between "Liberal Party" and "Liberal Democrats". He'll be gone by this time next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well..that's one thing we can be proud of, looks like non of the old white dudes have his back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Sarah Hanson Young V Leyonhjelm

Missed this..what's the background ,

I know what he said in the house..what he say on Sky?

 

She said all men are rapists and he called her a slut for sleeping with rapists. They are both a pair of fuckwits and even the media got bored with it after a few days. Sarah Hanson- (slut)- Young did try to keep her ugly head on TV for a few days more by claiming she was suing him for deformation. What a fucking idiot she is - imagine how she will feel as every bloke whose cock she has smoked line up to give evidence. But then again anyone who has porked her is hardly going to be keen to admit it. Even under oath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Young did try to keep her ugly head on TV for a few days more by claiming she was suing him for deformation.

Well that won't go down easy  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

She said all men are rapists and he called her a slut for sleeping with rapists. They are both a pair of fuckwits and even the media got bored with it after a few days. Sarah Hanson- (slut)- Young did try to keep her ugly head on TV for a few days more by claiming she was suing him for deformation. What a fucking idiot she is - imagine how she will feel as every bloke whose cock she has smoked line up to give evidence. But then again anyone who has porked her is hardly going to be keen to admit it. Even under oath.

I really, really hope she does. The entertainment value might partly make up for what a waste of space she is.

Not that he's a lot better, but the faux outrage is a bit much coming from her.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think she actually said that.

Getting gleanings from different articles that the senate were discussing the relaxation of the legal carrying of pepper spray after the rape and murder of Eurydice Dixon..After the motion was denyed (or whatever, slim details) Lhehcbvdgfg said "Now you'll have to stop shagging men"..or somesuch..if thats true..its appalling.

 

ah ah

more searching

the background

https://tendaily.com.au/news/politics/a180704ujn/the-pepper-spray-debate-that-launched-the-leyonhjelm-diatribe-20180704

An "ill-conceived, blundering" idea kickstarted the whole ugly mess.

David Leyonhjelm's vile comments about fellow senator Sarah Hanson-Young have dominated politics for nearly a week now, but you might not know what led up to his controversial outburst.

Ironically, the Liberal Democrats senator made his now-infamous "you should stop shagging men" jibe during a debate about keeping women safe from attacks carried out by men.

On Thursday, the Senate debated a motion from Fraser Anning -- formerly a One Nation politician, then an independent senator, now sitting as a member of Katter's Australia Party -- calling for the government to relax restrictions on pepper spray, mace and tasers.

Anning claimed such changes would help women defend their "personal safety," noting the "recent spate of horrific violent crimes against women".

Anning's motion was the source of a vigorous debate in the upper house, but was comprehensively defeated when it came to a vote. There were 46 votes against the plan, with only five -- all men, all conservative -- supporting the push.

Liberal senator James McGrath said the government "has no intention of relaxing restrictions on the importation of antipersonnel sprays."

Greens senator Janet Rice called it an "ill-conceived, blundering and harmful motion",  and called for Anning to "focus his attention on interventions that prevent men's violence."

"The last thing that women in Australia need now is another man in power telling us that we are responsible for violence against us," Rice added.

Labor's Anthony Chisholm said his party would also not back the motion.

"Women have a right to safety in public spaces and in their homes, but it is ludicrous to suggest that more weapons will make women safer. Allowing ordinary people to walk around with tasers in their pockets won't improve safety on our streets," he said.

The motion was opposed by all women in the room, and has been seen by some as a cynical ploy from conservative senators to relax Australian weapons restrictions by taking advantage of the safety debate.

The debate and vote took just seven minutes in total. But one sentence from Leyonhjelm, allegedly uttered during the vote, was to set off a week of furious debate and outrage about how women are treated in parliament, in media, and in general society.

"You’ll have to stop shagging men now, Sarah,” Leyonhjelm yelled at her during the vote. Hanson-Young took the floor following the pepper spray debate to report the comments, setting the past week's news into motion.

The Liberal Democrats senator claimed his outburst was in response to Hanson-Young making a comment about men and rapists -- claims Hanson-Young has consistently and vehemently denied making.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad thing is, in a way, the only way this can play out is in the media. In a regular workplace, if one employee went on television and the radio and talked about the sex life of another employee, even going so far as to name a sexual liaison both parties deny, the offender would be fired in a heartbeat. Even if the boss liked them a little more than they do the person they were slandering on the airwaves.

However, as both are politicians, the only people that can fire them is the public and the only way they're going to hear about the incident is via the media, and due to how switched off many people are about politics - the only way they'll pay attention is if the media runs it for more than a day or two. Sarah is doing the political equivalent of complaining to the boss about sexual harassment. Leyonhjelm is doing the political equivalent of telling the boss "Go on then, fire me nancy boy".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Leyonhjelm is pulling the old Misandry trick to excuse his conduct..

Its the old, when a woman says.."men have to fix this" or "Men have to take responsibility for their actions" we're accusing you all of being rapists and we must hate men.

 Seen it here soo many times its old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

And Leyonhjelm is pulling the old Misandry trick to excuse his conduct..

Its the old, when a woman says.."men have to fix this" or "Men have to take responsibility for their actions" we're accusing you all of being rapists and we must hate men.

 Seen it here soo many times its old.

"He says he was “offended” by Senator Hanson-Young, claiming she implied “all men” were responsible for violence against women."

Not that I am defending his behavior in any way but no one has called her out on her outrageous comments. Jump off the band wagon Meli. They are both just attention whores but she has a long history of mock outrage and making mountains out of mole hills. I agree with FKT. I hope the silly bitch does sue him. It will be high comedy - especially when the tally of her past conquests starts to add up. Does anyone know the exact numerical number of partners that constitutes a slut under the law? 10? 20? An entire rugby union touring party? If I was the judge I would be asking each witness - where the hell were your wingman?

I bet a few of them will appear in court with one arm chewed off...

Image result for sarah hanson young

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not at all funni LB. 

Looks like you might have issues relating to women.  Grow the fuck up mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

"He says he was “offended” by Senator Hanson-Young, claiming she implied “all men” were responsible for violence against women."

Not that I am defending his behavior in any way but no one has called her out on her outrageous comments. Jump off the band wagon Meli. They are both just attention whores but she has a long history of mock outrage and making mountains out of mole hills. I agree with FKT. I hope the silly bitch does sue him. It will be high comedy - especially when the tally of her past conquests starts to add up. Does anyone know the exact numerical number of partners that constitutes a slut under the law? 10? 20? An entire rugby union touring party? If I was the judge I would be asking each witness - where the hell were your wingman?

I bet a few of them will appear in court with one arm chewed off...

Image result for sarah hanson young

 

um read the highlight bits.

No on heard or recorded her saying anything offensive..That's what I mean..people like him manufacture offence where no one else sees it..or apparently hears it  quite deliberately to undermine women's protests. 

I know you despise Hanson young..if he'd said it to anyone else would you be so complacent?

He seems to be reveling in holding the standard for the last battle of those pussy grabbing, abusive  old cunts.

And this was said in a debate prompted by a young girls rape and murder..unbefuckingleavable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the fuck do you know what she said? You know there is a big world of journalism out there besides the ABC and the Guardian. I don't single out her - I despise most politicians but she is special. I can see no difference between her and her cousin Pauline Hanson. They are both unemployable oxygen thieves that have achieved nothing in their time in politics apart from headlines and filling there own bank accounts. This 'All men are rapists' is just the latest catch cry of the loony left. Try these apples. A tiny minority of men are rapists and a tiny number of women are deranged sluts. Nothing in our laws says that Sluts can't be members of Parliament or rapists that haven't been convicted cant be put forward as an alternative Prime Minister. I see she is so committed to suing Leyonhjelm and righting the worlds wrongs she is begging for crowdfunding to pay her legal costs. What a piece of shit - she earns more than 90% of Australians but puts her hand out to get others to pay for her deformation suit? But Mel haven't you got the US electoral system to fix? In the mean time enjoy some more stupidity from your hero...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, random said:

Not at all funni LB. 

Looks like you might have issues relating to women.  Grow the fuck up mate.

Yes I would expect my humor would go over your pointy little head mate. But you can give generously to her since you feel so strongly about her.

https://honey.nine.com.au/2018/07/09/21/25/sarah-hanson-young-crowd-funds-legal-action-against-david-leyonhjelm

And her is your hero being smacked down by non other than the Labor party's own little traitor Mr Bean.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

And Leyonhjelm is pulling the old Misandry trick to excuse his conduct..

Its the old, when a woman says.."men have to fix this" or "Men have to take responsibility for their actions" we're accusing you all of being rapists and we must hate men.

 Seen it here soo many times its old.

'We' Meli? The fact is that is exactly what many of the Feminist Nazi left are claiming. Apparently as soon as the cast of 'the project' have a cry on air about something it becomes real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Its the old, when a woman says.."men have to fix this" or "Men have to take responsibility for their actions" we're accusing you all of being rapists and we must hate men.

So explain to me why men have to fix anything. You wouldn't be happy if I said 'women have to fix <something>'. Stop painting with such a broad brush and just *maybe* there'd be less push-back.

Think of that tiny subset of men who rape/murder as predators in the environment. You know they're there, you know there aren't a lot of them, your chances of running across one is pretty minimal. So what do you do?

And just what are the vast majority of men supposed to do? Most of us would already have these predators locked up for life without parole, or in the case of this latest man where there is no doubt that he actually did it, executed.

It's like going swimming in the NT around Katherine. You probably won't get eaten. BUT - they just pulled a 4.7m crocodile out of there..... and it's off to a farm somewhere where it doesn't get the chance to eat people.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Australian senate has a high percentage of totally useless and pointless fuckwits.

Lionknobhelmet and Hansen-Young are both wastes of space and money. The worst is Pauline Hanson. This ignorant tart has made a very good living for years from her incoherent whining about Asians, then about Muslims. 

 

I think I'm going to run for a Senate seat as an independent. My platform will be legal marijuana, 100% tax exemptions for boat-related purchases, cheaper beer and smokes, and more paid time off for everybody. How hard can it be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Happy said:

The Australian senate has a high percentage of totally useless and pointless fuckwits.

Lionknobhelmet and Hansen-Young are both wastes of space and money. The worst is Pauline Hanson. This ignorant tart has made a very good living for years from her incoherent whining about Asians, then about Muslims. 

 

I think I'm going to run for a Senate seat as an independent. My platform will be legal marijuana, 100% tax exemptions for boat-related purchases, cheaper beer and smokes, and more paid time off for everybody. How hard can it be?

I'd vote for you provided I could find a PO Box site in your State that would allow me to declare it as my home address....

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

No on heard or recorded her saying anything offensive..That's what I mean..people like him manufacture offence where no one else sees it..or apparently hears it  quite deliberately to undermine women's protests. 

He seems to be reveling in holding the standard for the last battle of those pussy grabbing, abusive  old cunts.

And this was said in a debate prompted by a young girls rape and murder..unbefuckingleavable.

Well, that's easy to explain - the guy's a self-declared "libertarian". Take a look at how self-declared libertarians conduct themselves here for instance.

Manufacturing offence, defending their right to offend, and generally being twats about every sensitive subject is what they do. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Yes I would expect my humor would go over your pointy little head mate. But you can give generously to her since you feel so strongly about her.

https://honey.nine.com.au/2018/07/09/21/25/sarah-hanson-young-crowd-funds-legal-action-against-david-leyonhjelm

And her is your hero being smacked down by non other than the Labor party's own little traitor Mr Bean.

 

She is not my hero.

You have repeatedly attacked her for her physical appearance. 

Real men don't do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

So explain to me why men have to fix anything. You wouldn't be happy if I said 'women have to fix <something>'. Stop painting with such a broad brush and just *maybe* there'd be less push-back.

Think of that tiny subset of men who rape/murder as predators in the environment. You know they're there, you know there aren't a lot of them, your chances of running across one is pretty minimal. So what do you do?

And just what are the vast majority of men supposed to do? Most of us would already have these predators locked up for life without parole, or in the case of this latest man where there is no doubt that he actually did it, executed.

It's like going swimming in the NT around Katherine. You probably won't get eaten. BUT - they just pulled a 4.7m crocodile out of there..... and it's off to a farm somewhere where it doesn't get the chance to eat people.

FKT

You misunderstand.

When we say men must fix this, we mean that in the context of the whole domestic violence/disrespect cultural thing.

If men want to see a change in the mindset of this tiny minority of murderers but not so tiny minority of wife beaters and rapists, men have to not only stop the posting of misogynistic photos to disrespect political figures(LB) , they have to stop their sons from inheriting the disease.

They actually have to actively condemn misogynistic practices..like slut shaming politicians. 

It's often in the context where women are told that to stay safe THEY must take extraordinary precautions,like only walk with friends, take a cab, don't walk, don't wear scarves, dont jog in the park or along the beach in the early hours, dont wear head sets..

The old "they're asking for trouble" adage is not very far from many peoples minds (male and female)..stamp it out. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

'We' Meli? The fact is that is exactly what many of the Feminist Nazi left are claiming. Apparently as soon as the cast of 'the project' have a cry on air about something it becomes real.

What's a Feminist Nazi ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

You misunderstand.

When we say men must fix this, we mean that in the context of the whole domestic violence/disrespect cultural thing.

If men want to see a change in the mindset of this tiny minority of murderers but not so tiny minority of wife beaters and rapists, men have to not only stop the posting of misogynistic photos to disrespect political figures(LB) , they have to stop their sons from inheriting the disease.

They actually have to actively condemn misogynistic practices..like slut shaming politicians. 

It's often in the context where women are told that to stay safe THEY must take extraordinary precautions,like only walk with friends, take a cab, don't walk, don't wear scarves, dont jog in the park or along the beach in the early hours, dont wear head sets..

The old "they're asking for trouble" adage is not very far from many peoples minds (male and female)..stamp it out. 

 

So - you'd go swimming in the NT rivers, knowing there are crocodiles, then? And expect the crocodile to be enlightened enough not to attack you?

I think we're talking past each other - you don't seem to grasp that there are a very small subset of males who are *predators*. It's nothing to to with respect for women, culture or anything else. Nothing can cure them and no amount of re-education can change them. They are what they are. If you put yourself in harm's way, you will get hurt.

I completely agree with you about domestic violence. Quite a bit of that is education and entitlement on a false premise that women are inferior. I think that sort of crap needs to be stamped on, and hard.

Men who beat up or kill women who want to terminate a relationship for whatever reason need to be restrained.  Of course how you achieve this while making sure it's not subject to false claim abuse and not locking up people for thought crimes is where it all gets difficult.....

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

 

The old "they're asking for trouble" adage is not very far from many peoples minds (male and female)..stamp it out. 

 

The one thing far from your mind is reality. So now all men think women should not be able to wear anything they want? You should be on the project. Wait. it only goes for an hour...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, random said:

She is not my hero.

You have repeatedly attacked her for her physical appearance. 

Real men don't do that.

To be fair I attack her for her stupidity, her hypocrisy, her dishonesty and her attention whoreing just as much.

I know I am not a real man. I don't smoke drum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

To be fair I attack her for her stupidity, her hypocrisy, her dishonesty and her attention whoreing just as much.

Not to mention being a persistent and long-term rorter of her expenses.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/sarah-hansonyoung-again-trips-up-on-expenses-payments/news-story/47bbb3ca991f5a1320e6364aa85e42e4?nk=a18ccc6330cca96b4a098be0bbcaa02a-1531269040

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

So - you'd go swimming in the NT rivers, knowing there are crocodiles, then? And expect the crocodile to be enlightened enough not to attack you?

I think even wife beaters rapists and murderer have a slightly higher IQ than lizards, the ability to make moral choices is what differentiates humans..and much as one would like to deny, these men are human..

Of course, until the culture of disrespect is changed..women have to take extra care..but men have to start taking a serious role in changing that culture..men must fix this

I think we're talking past each other - you don't seem to grasp that there are a very small subset of males who are *predators*. It's nothing to to with respect for women, culture or anything else. Nothing can cure them and no amount of re-education can change them. They are what they are. If you put yourself in harm's way, you will get hurt.

THIS, no, the subset of murderers is small, the subset of rapists is larger and the subset of wife beaters is not small at all..and the subset of Predators is actually quite large*.it's THIS perception that has to be changed,,and men have to do the changing..hey..women who try get called Feminazis.

I completely agree with you about domestic violence. Quite a bit of that is education and entitlement on a false premise that women are inferior. I think that sort of crap needs to be stamped on, and hard.

Thank you

Men who beat up or kill women who want to terminate a relationship for whatever reason need to be restrained.  Of course how you achieve this while making sure it's not subject to false claim abuse and not locking up people for thought crimes is where it all gets difficult.....

FKT

*A sexual predator is a person seen as obtaining or trying to obtain sexual contact with another person in a metaphorically "predatory" or abusive manner. Analogous to how a predator hunts down its prey, so the sexual predator is thought to "hunt" for his or her sex partners...this applies to sexual harrassers, people who take advantage of unequal relationships, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

To be fair I attack her for her stupidity, her hypocrisy, her dishonesty and her attention whoreing just as much.

I know I am not a real man. I don't smoke drum.

 

6 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

then attack her without posting Fat pics..no??

Now I know LB is just doing his wind up thingy..but here's an opportunity for FKT to smack him down..is FKT going to do it? No...why not? because men don't do that in public.

Now don't get all.."meli's on her high horse"

Meli isn't. Meli's far to old and lazy to get too wound up about this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

*A sexual predator is a person seen as obtaining or trying to obtain sexual contact with another person in a metaphorically "predatory" or abusive manner. Analogous to how a predator hunts down its prey, so the sexual predator is thought to "hunt" for his or her sex partners...this applies to sexual harrassers, people who take advantage of unequal relationships, etc

Since it clearly isn't a busy day at the library Meli, i will ask you this- What is your policy on spotting potential sexual predators among the shelves and keeping them out? All men are banned presumably whether they are wearing overcoats or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shortforbob said:

 

 Meli's far to old and lazy to get too wound up about this.

 

Thank god for Bex!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Since it clearly isn't a busy day at the library Meli, i will ask you this- What is your policy on spotting potential sexual predators among the shelves and keeping them out? All men are banned presumably whether they are wearing overcoats or not?

Yeah, we only let the ones wearing pink underslips in.

Had a cold for a week.which is why I'm here annoying you lot. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, random said:

She is not my hero.

You have repeatedly attacked her for her physical appearance. 

Real men don't do that.

I was going to make a quip linking this thread to tonight’s SOO game, that LB like the Queensland side is often playing the man and not the ball but realised NSW are just as bad. 

I would have to agree that fat shaming is no better than slut shaming. Neither have no place in 2019. 

 

 

 

 

 

Go Blues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Now I know LB is just doing his wind up thingy..but here's an opportunity for FKT to smack him down..is FKT going to do it? No...why not? because men don't do that in public.

No, it's because my 'give-a-damn' is broken ATM.... Sarah specialises in faux outrage and other bullshit. I could care less what LB says about her on an obscure sub-forum on an obscure Web site on the other side of the world. He's probably just re-posting a picture she posted in the first place, who knows or cares.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

*A sexual predator is a person seen as obtaining or trying to obtain sexual contact with another person in a metaphorically "predatory" or abusive manner. Analogous to how a predator hunts down its prey, so the sexual predator is thought to "hunt" for his or her sex partners...this applies to sexual harrassers, people who take advantage of unequal relationships, etc

I think that definition of 'sexual predator' is very broad. A lot of those types may well be trainable.

The hard-core sub group of predators are not. You can call them sociopaths or any other name you want but they are dangerous hunters fixated on females. The chance of encountering one isn't high, but the consequence is severe. These types are not susceptible to being socialised, re-trained or whatever else you want to try. When caught they need to be kept away from others.

You may believe that all humans are basically decent and with proper socialisation (and plenty of singing Kumbaya) there will be no more sexualised violence. I don't. I think the gene pool needs a bit more culling.

Got another useless meeting to attend with a bunch of IT clowns shortly so will have to leave this. Who knows, they might make a decision on something I already told them how to do so I can actually implement the stuff I'm told is needed. I won't hold my breath - it reminds me why I'm mostly retired. The only upside is it's going to cost them $3/minute for wasting my time..... the downside is, I don't need the money enough to tolerate much of this on a lovely sunny day when I could be out on the harbour in my dinghy.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, I've been suspecting for some time now that most It developers are doing make work..everything they seem to touch these days

1)wasn't broken in the first place

2) Doesn't work after they've "fixed it"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dreadom said:

I was going to make a quip linking this thread to tonight’s SOO game, that LB like the Queensland side is often playing the man and not the ball but realised NSW are just as bad. 

I would have to agree that fat shaming is no better than slut shaming. Neither have no place in 2019. 

 

 

 

 

 

Go Blues

I don't give a fuck when someone fat shames me. I won't stand for being slut shamed...

 

 

 

 

 

 

QUEENSLANDER!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumb and Dumber...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

 

maybe if we could have some actual verification that she said all men are rapists rather than hearsay? 

Allegedly?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Dumb and Dumber...

 

Do you actually have any bones to pick with what SHY (heh) is saying to Hansen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

maybe if we could have some actual verification that she said all men are rapists rather than hearsay? 

Allegedly?

 

Guess what... no one gives a fuck whether you believe she said it or not. You think the same way so why would you care if she simply said what all the sisterhood believe to be true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Do you actually have any bones to pick with what SHY (heh) is saying to Hansen?

I don't give a fuck what either of those cunts have to say. I just enjoyed watching them argue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fishing is good today as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Guess what... no one gives a fuck whether you believe she said it or not. You think the same way so why would you care if she simply said what all the sisterhood believe to be true?

I think I won that round.

Seriously LB, I get that you can't stand Sarah HY..or Pauline H, or Julia Gillard or whats her name from Tassie..

things they have in common

(1)They are all a bit extreme, left or right...fair enough

(2) they are all women..not fair enough.

I've seen you make negative comments about other politicians.."shortarse" etc  hell we all do.

But not with the same viciousness. Maybe you should reflect a bit.

You have sons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I think I won that round.

Seriously LB, I get that you can't stand Sarah HY..or Pauline H, or Julia Gillard or whats her name from Tassie..

things they have in common

(1)They are all a bit extreme, left or right...fair enough

(2) they are all women..not fair enough.

I've seen you make negative comments about other politicians.."shortarse" etc  hell we all do.

But not with the same viciousness. Maybe you should reflect a bit.

You have sons.

Yep there you go. One can only hate on men or you are a misogynist. You might also note Meli that I am in fact far more tolerating of the shit you post than I would be if it was a man spewing such shit. It is not because you are a women that i go lightly. It is because you are from Melbourne.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Yep there you go. One can only hate on men or you are a misogynist. You might also note Meli that I am in fact far more tolerating of the shit you post than I would be if it was a man spewing such shit. It is not because you are a women that i go lightly. It is because you are from Melbourne.

And thus your cultural and political superior..I know

hell everyone knows you don't tangle with Victorians in general, Australia's cultural and Political elite:D

And the only reason that I go easy on you is because its so hum drum I cant be bothered .

:duel:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

And the only reason that I go easy on you is because its so hum drum I cant be bothered .

:duel:

 

Ok hows this.  I regularly describe Shorten as a rapeing little cunt, Krudd as the worst piece of shit to ever take office and I have said that Iranian traitor Sam Dastyari should be sodomized by his family's camels. Is that balanced enough for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Ok hows this.  I regularly describe Shorten as a rapeing little cunt, Krudd as the worst piece of shit to ever take office and I have said that Iranian traitor Sam Dastyari should be sodomized by his family's camels. Is that balanced enough for you?

OK.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Hmm, I've been suspecting for some time now that most It developers are doing make work..everything they seem to touch these days

1)wasn't broken in the first place

2) Doesn't work after they've "fixed it"

Well, duh. Got to pay for the new boat somehow, you know.

True (short form) story. 25 years ago my first wife came home bitching about how obstructive the IT department were, how they wouldn't do what she needed, kept telling her what she had to have *and* insisted they get staff trained in new skills at her expense.

I looked at the user requirements, said that it was a piece of piss & I could write a minimal working system in 6 weeks part-time (I'd done something similar for a biggish animal genetics system). So she told that to her IT department, who laughed & told her to go do it then.

So - I did, it worked, I kept ownership of the IP and gave them an unlimited user fully transferable source code licence and copy of all the source code so they wouldn't have to come to me for maintenance & enhancements.

The IT department was not pleased. 15 years later after my doing free maintenance & enhancements all that time they offered me a nice maintenance contract when they thought they might finally have to do it themselves. Been laughing about it ever since, as I would have kept right on supporting it for free.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha and of course you'll pass the arcane knowledge on to your eldest born son.

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Ha and of course you'll pass the arcane knowledge on to your eldest born son.

:D

They've *still* got all the source code! There's a source code repository that keeps track of every change to every file. I update it after each code release. It's dangerous only having one person in control of important software so I make sure that doesn't happen.

In fact I'm taking steps to widen the support base to a company owned by one of my ex-staff up in Brisbane. I'm about to hit 65, another 5 years of it will do me. The intellectual side is good and I still enjoy it but I've some sailing to do. I like designing & building systems, long-term maintenance is a PITA as far as I'm concerned and I'd rather not do it at all.

My son is far too deep into IT security systems to bother being a mere software designer. I have to deal with people like him telling me I can't do stuff because policy XYZ says so. That's when it's time to double the rate or go sailing.

I'm just hoping the tide is in when I visit Brisbane so I can see something other than the mudflats of Moreton Bay. I went to LB's stamping ground at Manly last time but the tide was out.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

They've *still* got all the source code! There's a source code repository that keeps track of every change to every file. I update it after each code release. It's dangerous only having one person in control of important software so I make sure that doesn't happen.

In fact I'm taking steps to widen the support base to a company owned by one of my ex-staff up in Brisbane. I'm about to hit 65, another 5 years of it will do me. The intellectual side is good and I still enjoy it but I've some sailing to do. I like designing & building systems, long-term maintenance is a PITA as far as I'm concerned and I'd rather not do it at all.

My son is far too deep into IT security systems to bother being a mere software designer. I have to deal with people like him telling me I can't do stuff because policy XYZ says so. That's when it's time to double the rate or go sailing.

I'm just hoping the tide is in when I visit Brisbane so I can see something other than the mudflats of Moreton Bay. I went to LB's stamping ground at Manly last time but the tide was out.

FKT

Yeah, I was in Brissy a month ago..cold as a witches tit ..in the rooftop pool..wouldn't live there for quids.

BIL recons it's gone to the dogs...wants to move to melb..near me..Arrrgh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

Yeah, I was in Brissy a month ago..cold as a witches tit ..in the rooftop pool..wouldn't live there for quids.

It's OK in September & October. Uninhabitable by normal human beings in summer, same as Sydney. Only 3 areas of Australia habitable year-round IMO - the SW corner of WA, the South coast/Gippsland region of NSW/Victoria and Tasmania.

And I have a few doubts about the winter in Tasmania.....

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Only 3 areas of Australia habitable year-round IMO - the SW corner South Coast of WA, the South coast/Gippsland region of NSW/Victoria and Tasmania.

And I have a few doubts about the winter in Tasmania.....

FKT

FIFY :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, albanyguy said:

FIFY :D

Yeah Albany to Esperance is pretty hard to beat. I think I could happily live in Albany.

If I ever get the time and get organised I'll be sailing over your way in a couple years I think. A year's shakedown on the new boat and then we'll see.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

. I went to LB's stamping ground at Manly last time but the tide was out.

 

That's just global cooling. Let's have that beer next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Yeah, I was in Brissy a month ago..cold as a witches tit ..in the rooftop pool..wouldn't live there for quids.

BIL recons it's gone to the dogs...wants to move to melb..near me..Arrrgh!

What were you doing up here? Tie dying workshop? Greens conference? Occ health and safety training to avoid paper cuts when handling books? Can I chip in for your mate bill's petrol?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

That's just global cooling. Let's have that beer next time.

So it's all random's fault then. That explains a lot. Time to burn more coal and wood.

Yeah, should be up there late September I think.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

So it's all random's fault then. That explains a lot. Time to burn more coal and wood.

Yeah, should be up there late September I think.

FKT

Great let me know. Hey Randumb ya knob - up for a beer in September?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

What were you doing up here? Tie dying workshop? Greens conference? Occ health and safety training to avoid paper cuts when handling books? Can I chip in for your mate bill's petrol?

Unavoidable diversion.

Horrible...Hotel breakfast..$30. powdered scrambled in buffet, nasty beef suasages, overcooked tomato, tough mushrooms, usual boxed cerials, sara lee croissants (for world traveler)  boxed juice Pineapple Or Orange..I'd swear that was golden circle tinned fruit  even the fuckin coffee was luke warm and out of a push button machine..real coffee? $5 extra..$209 a night.

Not an Avocado or piece of fresh fruit or greek yoghert in sight..welcome to Australias gateway of the north!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Unavoidable diversion.

Horrible...Hotel breakfast..$30. powdered scrambled in buffet, nasty beef suasages, overcooked tomato, tough mushrooms, usual boxed cerials, sara lee croissants (for world traveler)  boxed juice Pineapple Or Orange..I'd swear that was golden circle tinned fruit  even the fuckin coffee was luke warm and out of a push button machine..real coffee? $5 extra..$209 a night.

Not an Avocado or piece of fresh fruit or greek yoghert in sight..welcome to Australias gateway of the north!!

 

 

Haha - I stay in a serviced apartment up the hill from Fortitude Valley that costs a lot less than that, walk down to the shops, fresh fruit, whatever I want, cheap. The hospital is about 5 minutes walk the other way. Pretty easy walk down to the CBD, bus ride back up the hill. I'm there often enough to have a Go Card, same as Myki (which I also have but the bastards won't recognise my NSW Senior's card so I can't game their system).

The river front and South Bank of Brisbane is pretty nice in spring. I often go down there after finishing work for the day. All on my travel expenses too.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My BIL has a place in Hawthorne but he's renting until feb. he drove me round..Well the older bits where the "Queenslander"m houses still survive are quate naice but the rest just looks like suburbs to me.

Maybe 3 hours is not enough time to appreciate Brisbane's charms :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Great let me know. Hey Randumb ya knob - up for a beer in September?

Depends, meeting friends at Airlie for a week or two on a cat.  Weather dependent.

Otherwise fuck it, ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would I click on that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, random said:

Why would I click on that?

why wouldn't you:rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

why wouldn't you:rolleyes:

 

Life's too short as it is to waste any of it on some bleeding heart emoting (probably) terrible poetry on the ABC.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Yeah Albany to Esperance is pretty hard to beat. I think I could happily live in Albany.

If I ever get the time and get organised I'll be sailing over your way in a couple years I think. A year's shakedown on the new boat and then we'll see.

FKT

I may be coming over to Tassie in October to check out the MTB trails around Derby and also Maydena near Hobart with my teenage sons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Life's too short as it is to waste any of it on some bleeding heart emoting (probably) terrible poetry on the ABC.

FKT

It is actually a terrible poem..but does put the position re men and sexual violence very well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, albanyguy said:

I may be coming over to Tassie in October to check out the MTB trails around Derby and also Maydena near Hobart with my teenage sons.

Drop me a line closer to the time - I'm near Kettering south of Hobart.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

It is actually a terrible poem..but does put the position re men and sexual violence very well

Women are designed to conceive when raped.

Study: Rape victims have a higher pregnancy rates than other women

Looks like violence triggers ovulation.  Must be genetic evolution.

"Women are terrified of being raped, but somewhere in the back of the womb there is one rebellious nerve end that tingles with curiosity whenever the word is mentioned."

Hunter S thompson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wapo's paywall cut in..if there;s any substance to it..it could simply be some primitive Pheromone thing the victim gives off and the rapist uses to select his victim by..Dunno.

So..indelicately as you put it.

Women are not designed to conceive when raped, rather possibly more attractive to rapists when ovulating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Women are not designed to conceive when raped, rather possibly more attractive to rapists when ovulating

The science is not on your side.

The evidence is that sexual violence from unknown men can trigger ovulation, early.

Was Hunter right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, random said:

The science is not on your side.

The evidence is that violence can trigger ovulation, early.

OK..so what?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

OK..so what?

 

It means that we are the same as other animals where strategies to reduce inbreeding are in the DNA.  Some cultures e.g. New Guinea depend on raiding and wife stealing.

It is why some species of birds can form a pair bond but only 30% of the off-spring are from the protecting father.  It means that regardless of what our social and legal systems are now, humans are what they are due to pregnancy from rape.  Right back to Genghis Khan and into the caves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, random said:

It means that we are the same as other animals where strategies to reduce inbreeding are in the DNA.  Some cultures e.g. New Guinea depend on raiding and wife stealing.

It is why some species of birds can form a pair bond but only 30% of the off-spring are from the protecting father.  It means that regardless of what our social and legal systems are now, humans are what they are due to pregnancy from rape.  Right back to Genghis Khan and into the caves.

Ok whatever.

I assume you're looking for an outraged bite?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, random said:

Women are designed to conceive when raped.

Study: Rape victims have a higher pregnancy rates than other women

Looks like violence triggers ovulation.  Must be genetic evolution.

"Women are terrified of being raped, but somewhere in the back of the womb there is one rebellious nerve end that tingles with curiosity whenever the word is mentioned."

Hunter S thompson

 

14 minutes ago, random said:

The science is not on your side.

The evidence is that sexual violence from unknown men can trigger ovulation, early.

Was Hunter right?

 

13 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

OK..so what?

 

 

6 minutes ago, random said:

It means that we are the same as other animals where strategies to reduce inbreeding are in the DNA.  Some cultures e.g. New Guinea depend on raiding and wife stealing.

It is why some species of birds can form a pair bond but only 30% of the off-spring are from the protecting father.  It means that regardless of what our social and legal systems are now, humans are what they are due to pregnancy from rape.  Right back to Genghis Khan and into the caves.

"Women are terrified of being raped, but somewhere in the back of the womb there is one rebellious nerve end that tingles with curiosity whenever the word is mentioned."

Hunter S thompson

"The science is not on your side.

The evidence is that sexual violence from unknown men can trigger ovulation, early.

Was Hunter right?"

Hunter S Thompson was a drug addled rapist himself so I wouldn't pay much attention to his musings on the "they all want it really" theme while you're fantasizing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Ok whatever.

I assume you're looking for an outraged bite?

 

No.  And I did not say that they all wanted it.

I said that their DNA stores information that triggers ovulation if raped.  They don't have to like it anymore than they like menstruating.

But what it does infer, biologically, is that men evolved with a tenancy to rape strange women in times of war, when they might die in the next salvo and there is a women available, the urge to attempt immortality by spreading seed is strong.

Cuts both ways.  Sometimes I wonder if we are made of DNA or if we are bags of water and hormones constructed by DNA just to replicate itself.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well look who's stuck his chimp head over the parapet.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/tony-abbott-trump-s-right-allies-are-freeloading-off-us-defence-20180712-p4zqy0.html

 

In an address to the conservative Heritage Foundation think tank on Wednesday, Abbott praised Trump's approach on climate change, foreign policy and immigration - including his promise to build a wall on the Mexican border, which he said could mirror Australia's successful efforts to stop asylum seeker boats from reaching the country.

But Abbott said Trump's isolationist tendencies and the rise of China mean Australia must become more self-reliant and dramatically increase its military spending in case the country is attacked by a hostile neighbour.

Abbott's speech coincided with Trump's visit to Europe in which he has berated America's NATO allies for failing to spend enough on defence and accused Germany of being "captive" to Russia.

"If America spends three per cent plus of the world's biggest GDP on its own forces, and the rest of the western world scarcely two per cent, it's hard to dispute Trump's view that most of us have been keeping safe on the cheap," Abbott said.

 

"It's little wonder that he's tired of so-called allies who give sermons from the sidelines while America keeps them safe. The truth is that the rest of the world needs America more than America needs us."

Abbott said the Australian government will have to increase military spending above the current level of 2 per cent of gross domestic product, expand its Navy and Air Force, and be prepared to shoot down missiles from adversaries such as North Korea in coming years

Abbott said the Turnbull government should have followed Trump's lead by moving the Australian embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, conducting freedom-of-navigation exercises in the South China Sea and taking a more active military involvement in the Middle East.

 
 
Play Video
Play VidWhile Trump may be erratic and ill-disciplined at times, Abbott said he had "every chance" of being re-elected in 2020 and was in many ways preferable to his Democratic predecessor Barack Obama."President Obama spoke beautifully about American values but was always cautious and sometimes slow to stand up for them," Abbott said. "Under his watch, the rules-based order was already unravelling."Trump is much more honest about the limits of American po"For all the former president's high-mindedness on fringe issues like climate change, Trump's America is more robust than Obama's.

"It's certainly less apologetic and still willing to use force, so at least for those allies that don't shed their responsibilities Trump's America should remain a reliable partner - just don't expect too much."

Abbott said Trump had fulfilled his promises to cut taxes, withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal and scrap Obama's environmental regulations.

 

"For someone who a legion of critics say is a compulsive liar, he has been remarkably true to his word," Abbott said.

"He is not a bad dream from which America will wake up or a fool to be ridiculed.

"Unlike almost every other democratic leader, he doesn't try to placate critics; he knows it's more important to get things done than to be universally loved."

Abbott also referred to Trump's controversial election pledge to build a wall on the US-Mexico border. "It's bogged down in the Congress, but once it's there it will be the US version of Australia sending back the boats and will end up demonstrating that it's far from humane to let people take advantage of you," he said.

Abbott - who is fighting against the Turnbull government's plans to reduce carbon emissions through a National Energy Guarantee - said Trump's decision to pull out of the Paris climate change accord had not produced any "discernable environmental damage".

 

Abbott did criticise Mr Trump, especially for his faith that one-on-one meetings with leaders such as North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and Russian President Vladimir Putin can lead to peace.

Abbott spoke about Putin in far more hostile language than Trump has ever used, saying Russia had become a "predatory state" under his leadership.

Russian President Vladimir Putin will always have blood on his hands, Abbott said.

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Ok whatever.

I assume you're looking for an outraged bite?

 

Even if true, so what. The rate of pregnancies carried to full term where the infant is not the genetic child of the purported father has run as high as 15%. Dunno what the recent figure is, haven't asked the genetic counsellors lately. DNA testing makes it a lot more risky these days but there's a long history of women having unprotected sex of some sort with other men.

This is as relevant and as useful as Random's anecdote......

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites