Shortforbob

I still call Australia home

9 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Jesus, what a fucked up cuntry! Can’t you pusstralians get your shit together???

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff. Where did your mother and I go wrong? You live in the UAE. How’s the social media debate about religious freedom going in your home town?

• Like 1

Could we have a bipartisan agreement to ditch Dutton?

Has anyone else been through immigration and customs lately?

My flight got into Melbourne at 5.30 this morning.

It took an hour to clear  350 people through immigration.

Stupid set up had people milling around in a bunch and hiding the line of E passport control machines which for some reason are placed in a row along the edge of the concourse.. no queuing ropes, no Border Farce staff.

Arrive at the facial recognition thingys, clutching E ticket, once again..no queue controls, no border farce staff, just 200 people trying to  get home and pleading with these cursed machines to open sesame and let them in.

After finally clearing immigration, i went to find a BF official to protest this farce.

Found at least dozen of them huddled around the couple of booths, looking manly and busy border farcing a trickle of non Aus,USA, UK and EU entrants.

They told me to write to Dutton and protest staff cuts.:rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

#dreadumb_triggered

#Jeffypoo_bored in Dubai

26 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

They told me to write to Dutton and protest staff cuts.

051097c44c0e87978183816719c895a0327066-w

28 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Stupid set up had people milling around in a bunch and hiding the line of E passport control machines which for some reason are placed in a row along the edge of the concourse.. no queuing ropes, no Border Farce staff.

Arrive at the facial recognition thingys, clutching E ticket, once again..no queue controls, no border farce staff, just 200 people trying to  get home and pleading with these cursed machines to open sesame and let them in.

After finally clearing immigration, i went to find a BF official to protest this farce.

Found at least dozen of them huddled around the couple of booths, looking manly and busy border farcing a trickle of non Aus,USA, UK and EU entrants.

Only an hour?!  Been to Heathrow or Gatwick recently?  Immigration helps to kill the 4 hour wait for your bags to get of the plane. :lol:

58 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Don't know why you think sacking Dutton would make any difference. If there were a bunch of staff doing bugger-all, that's standard for the APS. If the signposting was up the shit, probably whoever owns the airport these days is who you should be tackling.

There's a reason why I do almost anything I can to avoid flying. Nearly everywhere you go is clogged with low-rent tourists complaining about something and clogging up the queues.

FKT

7 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Don't know why you think sacking Dutton would make any difference. If there were a bunch of staff doing bugger-all, that's standard for the APS. If the signposting was up the shit, probably whoever owns the airport these days is who you should be tackling.

There's a reason why I do almost anything I can to avoid flying. Nearly everywhere you go is clogged with low-rent tourists complaining about something and clogging up the queues.

FKT

Um..it's actually BF's job to direct and assist people through immigration and using the E passport scanners not the airport cleaners.

13 hours ago, Happy said:
23 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Jesus, what a fucked up cuntry! Can’t you pusstralians get your shit together???

No, we're helpless. They took away our guns.

That was quick! They already rounded up the rogue museum collections all around the country?

2 minutes ago, Importunate Tom said:

That was quick! They already rounded up the rogue museum collections all around the country?

Luckily for us, our government actually gets shit done!

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Luckily for us, our government actually gets shit done!

Not if you ask Meli - according to her they can't even organise a queue in an airport.....

FKT

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Um..it's actually BF's job to direct and assist people through immigration and using the E passport scanners not the airport cleaners.

Did you miss my comment WRT the APS and their work ethic, or did you choose to ignore it?

I'm not disputing that it's their job but other than Dutton being head of the Department, what has it got to do with him? Might as well blame the PM, after all he's in charge of Dutton.

Funny thing, when some friends of mine cleared out of Hobart bound for NZ the Border Farce sent 4 people down in their black uniforms and guns to do the paperwork..... be careful what you complain about else you come in for special high intensity treatment.....

FKT

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I bet you are one of those people that stand up the second the seat belt sign goes off when you land. 

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I bet you are one of those people that stand up the second the seat belt sign goes off when you land. 

you lose :)

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Idiot!

The last time I flew through Melbourne, it was very simple and clear.  Eticket machines..... put your passport here......  get your ticket.... off to the immigration queue.  In and out in 10 min.  Didn't need no stinken ropes or staff.  RIF.

Idiot.

That's right, of course, I forgot Americans know more about our immigration than we do. Silly me.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

That's right, of course, I forgot Americans know more about our immigration than we do. Silly me.

:rolleyes:

Maybe they can read better than you can - especially after a holiday.....

Not that I'm any fan of the USA system - going through LAX en route to Tucson used to be a truly horrible experience.

FKT

13 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I forgot Americans know more about our immigration than we do

Jeffy will tell you how he knows everything about every country's systems, while simultaneously demonstrating is ignorance.

It's an incredible accomplishment, two things at once but he manages quite well.

On 6/29/2019 at 6:53 PM, Shortforbob said:

Golf clap. One of the stupidest posts ever on This threat and that is a high bar. Bravo, bravo. 

On 6/30/2019 at 5:19 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

Idiot!

The last time I flew through Melbourne, it was very simple and clear.  Eticket machines..... put your passport here......  get your ticket.... off to the immigration queue.  In and out in 10 min.  Didn't need no stinken ropes or staff.  RIF.

Idiot.

Maybe the person who was seated next to her for 12 hours warned BF about her before he hung himself in toilet cubicle.

On 6/29/2019 at 11:53 PM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Maybe they can read better than you can - especially after a holiday.....

Not that I'm any fan of the USA system - going through LAX en route to Tucson used to be a truly horrible experience.

FKT

Anything involving LAX is a truly horrible experience. 

22 minutes ago, mad said:

Anything involving LAX is a truly horrible experience. 

Never again - if I decide to visit North America for pleasure I'm flying into Vancouver.

FKT

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Never again - if I decide to visit North America for pleasure I'm flying into Vancouver.

FKT

Or you can just walk in from Mexico. 

I don’t think there is a wall of any kind.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Or you can just walk in from Mexico. 

I don’t think there is a wall of any kind.

True but I lived in Tucson for a while. If I wanted to live in a hot dry place where nobody spoke intelligible English I could just go to Mt Isa and save myself a lot of time....

FKT

I spent a weekend in Mt. Isa once. Must be a strong contender for the most shithole place in all Australia. I've been to most of them.

2 hours ago, Happy said:

I spent a weekend in Mt. Isa once. Must be a strong contender for the most shithole place in all Australia. I've been to most of them.

So, you haven't been to Ceduna, then? I haven't been back for over 30 years but trust me, back then, if Australia needed an enema, that's where the nozzle would be inserted.

FKT

12 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

So, you haven't been to Ceduna, then? I haven't been back for over 30 years but trust me, back then, if Australia needed an enema, that's where the nozzle would be inserted.

FKT

My research has been mainly the shitholes of WA, NT, QLD.  

Hall's Creek, Fitzroy Crossing, Tennant Creek, Camooweal, Roma, are outstanding outback shitholes. I'd gladly sacrifice a lung not to have to live there.

5 hours ago, Happy said:

My research has been mainly the shitholes of WA, NT, QLD.  

Hall's Creek, Fitzroy Crossing, Tennant Creek, Camooweal, Roma, are outstanding outback shitholes. I'd gladly sacrifice a lung not to have to live there.

The Isa is a fucking oasis compared to Elliott!  And Ceduna used to be beautiful before they built the fences and locked the gates (I know, there's a reason ...).

30 minutes ago, random said:

You guys cut the "I;ve been to a worst shithole than you contest?"

Where did you say you lived, again.....?

Locally I can offer up Queenstown.

FKT

On 6/8/2019 at 5:40 AM, random said:

Gee hey. so they are a new species of large fox with hooves?

On 6/11/2019 at 5:40 PM, DtM said:

The title of the photo says "weekend foxes.jpg"

Seems to end that argument.

On 6/11/2019 at 6:01 PM, random said:

There is no argument.  They are clearly goats.

If you had ever been hunting you would know that goats hang in herds, except for cranky old Billy's about to die.  A herd could be taken out like that in the right terrain.

Foxes do not hang in herds and look like ... ah ... well ... foxes.  All the old cunts here who cannot see well should go and get their bifocals.

On 6/11/2019 at 6:15 PM, Happy said:

I've never hunted foxes or goats. I don't need bifocals  to see that those dead critters have big bushy tails. I never heard of the Australian Fox-Tailed Feral Goat.

On 6/11/2019 at 6:17 PM, Se7en said:

We'll be here for you if the kids laugh at your doddery new glasses. Although it appears that if you dedicate your life to it, it does eventually make you go blind...

(Which breed of goat is it exactly that has a long bushy tail and claws? )

Bit late to this party....but ...they are clearly really large bushy tailed possums..

On 6/11/2019 at 6:18 PM, Ease the sheet. said:

I, too, fucking love this place.

Me too :D

(actually, i think its a mixed bag).

You can always rely on Mo  ...like our own little aussie Dog :rolleyes:

On 6/22/2019 at 5:25 PM, Happy said:

My first hunting kill: A farm my brother was renting. Uphill, about 200-300 metres to a ploughed field, sun getting low, a flock of pheasants eating the newly planted seeds.

Dad's Winchester .222 magnum rifle, quality scope. I lined up a bird whose top half was sticking up above the ploughed furrow, could barely see him without the scope. 

Bang, one dead bird, the rest of the flock take off screaming. My older brother judges it to be a fucking brilliant shot.

I trudge uphill thinking of hanging times, red wine and shallot reductions, a few feathers on my guitar strap. Pick up the dead bleeding bird and trudge downhill again.

I put the bird in the garbage tip, felt like a murderer for days, and have never shot anything since.

I hit one with the front tyre once, stopped car not mangled so I took it home, plucked and gutted it..carefully hiding all feathers (yep, it's still poaching) cooked in the pressure cooker with herbs, red wine and mushrooms.

Fucking disgusting :D

so you missed nothing except breaking a tooth on the 30 odd lead pellets

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 9:45 PM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Not if you ask Meli - according to her they can't even organise a queue in an airport.....

FKT

It's true!

On 7/1/2019 at 4:38 PM, Happy said:

BIL had the T shirt :)

caught up now.

So...what happened in Oz while I was away?.

New terrifying hybrid feral beastie found and conquered by our resident Great white hunter

(or delicious new marketing op for Goxtail soup accidentally wiped out by a man with dodgy bifocals)

and a rather confused Jewish Footballer loses 10 million and finds 1 

I really do love this place 

13 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

BIL had the T shirt :)

caught up now.

So...what happened in Oz while I was away?.

Fuck-all of any import, which is how I like things.

A few funnies though, like the great Republican Turnbull wanting to run off to the GG to protect him from getting the boot from his PM seat. I always knew Turnbull's arrogance and belief in his right to rule overrode everything else about him, but as a classic demonstration of how few actual principles the man had, that was a good one.

I read somewhere that he had to re-write a big chunk of the closing part of his autobiography seeing as the ungrateful Australian public, deprived of his beneficent leadership, declined to elect Labor and had the effrontery to pick the other team. Bit hard to engage in schadenfreude when your ex-team's vote goes UP following your ejection. That one must have hurt.

FKT

11 minutes ago, Keith said:

12 minutes ago, Keith said:

too much Enid Blyton.

On 7/11/2019 at 1:06 PM, Ease the sheet. said:

I surprised bent didn't make an appearance today. There's plenty of rugby news he could be cutting and pasting......

Bent is both a Homo and a pussy. Ran away just because he called 4 elections in a row incorrectly. Good riddance to the tedious, smug loser. 

7 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Bent is both a Homo and a pussy. Ran away just because he called 4 elections in a row incorrectly. Good riddance to the tedious, smug loser. 

Are you sure he’s not been in and  escaped from the cellar Random style?

A man has been arrested after someone dressed in a gimp suit jumped out on a woman in a Somerset village.

Someone was "charging at me in a full black rubbery suit", the woman who had been walking in Claverham said.

Police said a man in his 20s had been arrested on suspicion of indecency offences in Claverham and Yatton.

"It follows 14 reports of a man approaching people while wearing disguises, one of which was a black body suit," the force added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-48988222

Had to do some tidying up around here yesterday, sometimes they just get old, living the good life.  I'm going to sack the local dingoes for not cleaning this up.  Just not good enough.

roo.jpg.22bd83dd9510b7f4b787766927139680.jpg

1 minute ago, random said:

Had to do some tidying up around here yesterday, sometimes they just get old, living the good life.  I'm going to sack the local dingoes for not cleaning this up.  Just not good enough.

roo.jpg.22bd83dd9510b7f4b787766927139680.jpg

Do you keep a fence paling on you mobility scooter, just in case you don’t kill them first time?

1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Sure, celebrate winning the world cup but no need to go full US women's soccer team...

I can relate to women soccer players. I mean who doesn’t prefer pussy to cock?

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I can relate to women soccer players. I mean who doesn’t prefer pussy to cock?

Meli?  Maybe?

5 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Oh dear - seems Bob Brown is all upset about those horrible power generators again.....

https://reneweconomy.com.au/greens-founder-brown-speaks-out-against-tasmania-wind-farm-43310/

FKT

This must be disappointing the lefties. He was their pinup boy -an openly LBGTIXYZABC older person committed to the environment and deeply socialist principles. Or to put it another way. A fiscally challenged, tree hugging old pillow biter. He was the full package but now he is speaking out against alternative energy. First he single handedly gifted the election to Morrison by his little attention seeking road trip up here in ‘gods country’ and now he wants to stop ‘green’ energy. What’s next, no more dick smoking?

28 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

pillow biter...... dick smoking.....

Are you subtly implying a dislike for our LBGTXE-type  brethren?

I was amused when the Stop Adani circus rolled into town, dusty and tired from their long drive. Bob flew in for the TV spot, and was on the next plane out. I had a good look at him in the airport, a fairly miserable-looking old prick. (With a sensational pension.)

But I don't particularly care who he loves or roots. I have two good mates (not a couple) who are pillow-biting dick-smoking poofs and they're excellent people in every way...…..and both of them despise Bob Brown.

I find it interesting that the Bible never mentions female homosexuality.

Was God too busy obsessing about all the different things virgins could get stoned to death for, or did he just not notice what some of the wimmin were getting up to with each other?

Or could it be that God saw hot oiled-up naked chicks fisting each other, and he saw that it was good?

It would be good if some rugby-playing  dykes could ask Izzy's opinion on this.

25 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

35rfok.jpg

Probably going to re-balance the gender ratio in Hell then, what with all those women destined to go there.

At least, that's been my experience, I'm happy to say....

FKT

As for Bob, I have a soft spot for him. He was a pretty good Senator for Tasmania. That balances the scales a lot IMO.

I'm getting a lot of amusement out of the slowly dawning realisation by the Greens that no, they can't have it all. They can have a bucolic existence (with maybe 1/5 to 1/10 of the current population), they can have a 21C tech society, they can have a clean green environment.

They just can't have them all at the same time.

Doesn't matter to most of them anyway, really - they never leave the inner cities except to go on holiday, usually - like Meli - to some overseas destination via jet aircraft. They just want to think they're doing good.

So as I said, a lot of entertainment to be had. I hope Bob prevails on this one - I've never liked wind farms anyway, they are blights on the landscape and produce very low value power.

FKT

"He who…" It's referring to boys smoking dick, God don't like it.

Women who place a cock in their mouth shall get earthly gifts and be considered a good sort, if they're good at it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Happy said:

I find it interesting that the Bible never mentions female homosexuality.

Was God too busy obsessing about all the different things virgins could get stoned to death for, or did he just not notice what some of the wimmin were getting up to with each other?

Or could it be that God saw hot oiled-up naked chicks fisting each other, and he saw that it was good?

It would be good if some rugby-playing  dykes could ask Izzy's opinion on this.

Anyone who doesn’t find lesbians hot is gay.

Many moons ago I worked in a band with a very talented and spunky female singer. Her favourite gig T-shirt read: "Dip Me in Honey and Throw Me To The Lesbians."

A Christian family who refused to pay income tax because it went "against God's will" have been ordered to pay more than A$2m (£1.1m $1.4m) to Australia's tax office.

Rembertus Cornelis Beerepoot and Fanny Alida Beerepoot, of Tasmania, had not paid income tax since 2011.

Their farm was seized and sold by their local council in 2017 after they failed to pay seven years-worth of rates.

Ms Beerepoot told the court: "We don't own anything because we are [God's]."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-49017512

Well I suppose it was worth a try. :lol:

12 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Rembertus and Fanny Beerepoot are quite common names in Tasmania.

Only because they’re both from a long family lineage....... of one. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Rembertus and Fanny Beerepoot are quite common names in Tasmania.

It's surprising how many people of Dutch descent (and fringe religious nutcases) there are in Tasmania. Must be something in the water.

FKT

Some happy news for a change

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-20/remote-super-millions-found-at-kimberley-roadshows/11323452

It's only a drop but it gives one a warm fuzzy feeling to know that we still live in a country who's government departments actively help people find their lost money.

"There might be websites to connect people with their super, but Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people might not know about it, or don't have a computer or wi-fi to access them," Ms Young said.

"There's also low financial literacy — a lot of Aboriginal people don't even know they have superannuation.

"The system is so complex … superannuation is hard for everyone, and I'd say it's impossible for a lot of Aboriginal people to navigate themselves."

The solution? A roadshow bringing together the ATO, superannuation fund staff and independent financial counsellors from the First Nations Foundation.

Chat in the park

It is a very tropical, relaxed style of information delivery, complete with sausage sizzle and volunteers to help elderly Aboriginal people get seated.

When the ABC attended, the results of the superannuation searches elicited shock and loud laughter.

The average amount matched to a person who walks in off the street is $13,500, but many discover they have hundreds of thousands of dollars waiting for them upon retirement.

"Most of the time it's shock and/or amazement, and then a great big smile creeps across everyone's face as they begin to think, 'what am I going to do with this money?'" Ms Young said.

The foundation has co-ordinated 17 events across Australia so far and has managed to pin down $18.87 million in unclaimed funds across 1,100 individual attendees.

• Like 3

Dan Murphys must be over the moon with this windfall.

6 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Prolly not the most amusing remark in the current climate.

That’s ok - the climate is changing, remember?

6 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Prolly not the most amusing remark in the current climate.

Don't worry Meli I don't think there's a Dan Murphy's north of Geraldton 

34 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

That’s ok - the climate is changing, remember?

You trying to heat things up?

1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

It was kinda funny. In an 80's kinda way......

What can I say? I am a renaissance man.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Keith said:

Well done Mack Horton, well done :)

Hmmm for a minute there i thought he might have been standing down for something really important..like china's human rights abuses.

Anyone taking bets on whether this will actualise ?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-23/apra-proposes-seven-year-deferral-on-executive-pay/11337516

Top financial executives may soon have to wait seven years to claim all their bonuses, as the banking, insurance and superannuation regulator moves to align pay with long-term performance.

Key points:

• APRA is proposing to cap the financial performance component of executive incentives to 50pc
  • The proposals would allow boards to claw back remuneration for up to four years after it was issued if problems later arose
  • The executive pay guidelines follow scathing findings from the banking and financial services royal commission

Responding to a key recommendation from the financial services royal commission, the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) concluded that existing remuneration practices were "not incentivising the right behaviours" in financial companies.

The "far reaching" proposals would see lucrative bonuses for top executives deferred for as long as seven years and give company boards the power to claw back incentives up to four years after they were paid out in cases where poor performance or misconduct became apparent.

The overhaul of executive pay would cover all APRA-regulated entities, including the "big four" banks and AMP, which were heavily criticised in Kenneth Hayne's royal commission findings earlier this year, with a focus on senior executives at "complex" institutions.

APRA deputy chair John Lonsdale said it was part of a regulatory push to encourage executives to take a long-term view.

"In the financial sector, APRA has observed an over-emphasis on short-term financial performance and a lack of accountability when failures occur, especially among senior management," Mr Lonsdale said.

How would you like it if the Library withheld some of your pay for a few years in case there is a fuck-up in the future. Say for instance you not filling books on climate change in the fiction section.

here we go.

tip toeing through the Trump Pompeo diplomatic minefield.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-04/australia-considering-request-to-protect-oil-in-persian-gulf/11382242

Australia is considering a "serious and complex" request from the United States to help protect oil shipments against Iranian interference in the Persian Gulf.

Describing the US-Australia alliance as "unbreakable", Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said he hoped the junior ally would partner with America on "some of the most pressing foreign policy challenges of our time" 

This year's round of AUSMIN talks was preceded by a bold announcement of the Pentagon's intentions to place intermediate-range missiles capable of flying around 1,000km in locations throughout Asia.

Secretary Esper had briefed travelling media on his flight to Sydney from Hawaii, that he would like to see the weapons deployed within "months", but did not say where they would be based or whether he had a more precise timetable in mind.

Even without details on numbers and locations, signalling an intention to put batteries of US missiles in countries throughout the Asia-Pacific raises the prospect of an arms race between the US and its main rival, China.

When asked about the issue, Foreign Minister Marise Payne did not rule out allowing American military hardware on Australian soil but emphasized that it was "not in anybody's interest for the Indo-Pacific to become more adversarial."

"The presence of the US and its military forces in this region has been a force for stability for decades and Australia has consistently welcomed that force and presence," she said.

The missile pronouncement is only the latest in a series of more belligerent statements the Trump administration is directing towards China.

On the sidelines of the ASEAN-centered East Asia Summit of foreign ministers, Mr Pompeo led the formulation of a tersely worded statement of a "Trilateral Dialogue" and secured the endorsement of his Australian colleague Marise Payne and Japan's Foreign Affairs Minister Taro Kono.

Without mentioning China by name, the ministers expressed "serious concerns about negative developments in the South China Sea" and cited "credible reports of disruptive activities in relation to long-standing oil and gas projects" in the region.

The trio "expressed strong opposition to any coercive unilateral actions that seek to alter the status quo and increase tensions in the area."

The statement was equally blunt on unnamed "countries and their proxies" which are "willing to pursue their objectives by undertaking malicious cyber activities" and the three countries agreed to deepen practical cooperation to better deter, mitigate, attribute, and counter malicious cyber activity, and provide clear and consistent messages of the consequences of such activities".

While the tone of the statement sits easily with the Trump administration's frequent verbal assaults on China and represents Japan's well-known views on Beijing, it is diplomatically brutal by the standards of Australian diplomacy and risks carrying consequences

Secretary Pompeo continued that blunt rhetoric after the AUSMIN talks, saying the world had "watched for too long as China began to behave in ways it had not done before".

The US Defence Secretary went further, accusing Beijing of engaging in a "disturbing pattern of aggressive behaviour, destabilising behaviour".

"This includes using predatory economics and debt for sovereignty deals and promoting state-sponsored theft of other nations' intellectual property," he said.

Senator Payne's remarks were predictably more even-keeled towards Australia's most important trading partner.

"Admittedly, we have areas of difference with China," she said.

"We work closely with our key partners, with our strongest alliance partner, the US, and our key trading partner, China, to pursue those issues of stability and security and prosperity."

Australian foreign policy is built on trying to balance security alliances and shared concerns about China's rise with the economic interests of maintaining its relations with its biggest two-way trading partner.

Prime Minster Scott Morrison has stressed the importance of achieving both, most recently at a speech at the Asia Society in Sydney.

"The world's most important bilateral relationship — the US-China relationship — is strained. Trade tensions have escalated. The collateral damage is spreading," he said.

But with the Trump administration keen on placing missiles in US-friendly nations, and with Australia weighing its options for Persian Gulf naval patrols, Beijing's interest in how the Morrison Government balances its foreign policy has never been more intense.

Topics

Serious and complex, euphemism for Oh Fuck!

Well I don't think we have seen anything yet.  This next 18 months the dark side will be getting everything they need through in case this government does not get renewed.

How's this for a devil's list so far.

Nuclear power in Australia to be examined by multi-party parliamentary inquiry

Opening up Tasmanian Forests to logging

Craig Kelly MP – ‘The Parliamentary Friends of Australian Coal Exports’

ABC board: secret shortlist of candidates ignored in favour of mining executive

About the last one was reported by the Guardian.  She was big in Uranuium mining, now we have decided to have another look at nuclear power?  Do you think she might still have some shares to protect?

The Advocate nails it again...

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/australia-enjoys-another-peaceful-day-under-oppressive-gun-control-regime/

Australia Enjoys Another Peaceful Day Under Oppressive Gun Control Regime

Bondi-Feature.jpg

Due to the nation’s controversial and oppressive gun restrictions, no one has died as a result of a mass-shooting from an automatic or semi-automatic weapon on Australian soil today, for the 8499th day in a row.

North Betoota cinema attendant, Christina Upton can’t believe it has been a whole 23 years, 3 months and 8 days since a heavily armed white Australian male decided to shoot at a crowd of unsuspecting Australian civilians for no reason.

She says the peaceful two decades that have followed are “probably” because the Australian government decided to strip her of a God-given right to own projectile weaponry capable of shooting down helicopters.

“Yeah, I mean the Yanks come across as sick people. This year there have been more mass shootings in America than calendar dates… But it wasn’t that long ago that Australia had postal workers holding their entire office hostage with AR-15s”

Ms Upton, who claims to be able to walk freely outside of her home without fear of being killed by a mass shooter, believes that God-given rights probably play a bigger role in America’s mass shootings than Americans think.

“I don’t think America should be so hard on itself about the mental state of thousands of lonely white losers. We have those people too,”

“…Just in our country those people don’t have access to Russian-made automatic assault rifles that have been invented purely to help military personnel win wars,”

“If I was in America, I’d be terrified of working in a cinema – for fear that one of these losers would use their God-given rights to murder me in cold blood,”

Per 100,000 residents in Australia, less than 1 are expected to be killed by a firearm this year. This is heavily contrasted to the 10.5 in 100,000 who will be killed in America.

Local Betoota cop, Uncle Rick, says that this is because idiots have a harder time getting their hands on machine guns than criminals.

“I think America needs to realise that it’s not really the criminals and gangster you need to worry about as such. I’d be more concerned about the indoor types”

“Criminals use guns to help their efforts in making money through crime – they have much less interest in killing you for the sake of it,”

“Weirdos use guns to shoot up medical centres and primary schools for no reason other than the fact that they want to use their God-given rights,”

“In Australia. Our weirdos are forced to write stern letters,”

• Like 7

If you're going to have an anonymous Twitter account, seems you need to do a better job of keeping it quiet.

Australia's highest court has made a landmark ruling that a public servant was lawfully sacked for writing tweets which criticised government policies.

Michaela Banerji was fired in 2013 for her criticisms - expressed under a pseudonym - of the nation's controversial immigration programmes.

The court rejected her claim that she had been denied a right to free speech.

The ruling could have far-reaching implications for employees who express political views, lawyers say.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-49259942

1 hour ago, mad said:

If you're going to have an anonymous Twitter account, seems you need to do a better job of keeping it quiet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-49259942

It's an interesting case. It revolves around an apolitical public service.

I'm not sure how the high court will rule on other situations regarding free speech and work places, which we have coming up.

3 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

It's an interesting case. It revolves around an apolitical public service.

I'm not sure how the high court will rule on other situations regarding free speech and work places, which we have coming up.

Free speech and work places was the reason this place was so popular years ago........;)

• Like 1

Stabbing in Sydney this afternoon...

Fucker stopped by a milk crate & a cane cafe chair... We don' need no steenkin' guns.

image.png.b63589c6c044a60623593d8f85d657da.png

image.png.24638f5f704e08812c939b2a3ac65e8f.png

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/police-praise-heroic-bystanders-who-used-chairs-a-milk-crate-and-an-axe-to-stop-sydney-knifeman/news-story/cd96652a0d04ca17c8fdde34c30550c6

• Like 2