Shortforbob

I still call Australia home

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Well maybe they will ditch shorten and give us Albo..or hopefully Plibersek . And do it with a bit more grace...hopefully.

I think everyone in the country is tired of this self indulgent rubbish we are paying for.

Meli you should take the time to read all those books instead of just stacking them. The usual mindless chattering of the left is now to compare any policy discussion that is to the right of the teachings of Mao Tse-tung is embracing Trump. Hasn’t a few years of Turnbull proved that leftist policy driven by the media and every self interest group is no way to run Government ? Labor light failed. Labor premium strength will be a complete fuckup. Like Gillard/Rudd/Gillard was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Gutless wonders adjourned Parliament before Question Time to avoid an on-air vote of no confidence and subsequent dissolution of government. Not everyone could get to the chamber in time, which would be why they did it when they did, and they only won by two votes.

Ha ha. Andrew Bolt has just pointed out that Turnbull lasted longer than Gough did as PM with almost the same policy’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Gutless wonders adjourned Parliament before Question Time to avoid an on-air vote of no confidence and subsequent dissolution of government. Not everyone could get to the chamber in time, which would be why they did it when they did, and they only won by two votes.

Wait. You are claiming that Labor will win an election? Like you claimed that Hillary and Shorten would win the last elections? You need a new hobby cupcake- you are batting 0 from 2 as an political analyst. After your championing of Trumbull this must be busting your balls. Thank god you have me on ignore hey? Bwahahahahahaha.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, albanyguy said:

LB is Dutton your local MP? or is Dickson a bit west of where you live?

No Ross Vasta is our Member. It is ironic that Dutton’s electret has the word ‘Dick’ in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

Shorten was the puppetmaster knowing full well that Rudd wouldn't win the election and he was next in line. Shorten and his union buddies changed the rules make no mistake.

Rudd went against those union buddies to change rules.

 

You realise the labor party in the only major party that gives rank and file members a vote on leadership?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

No Ross Vasta is our Member. It is ironic that Dutton’s electret has the word ‘Dick’ in it.

Made more ironic with your Queensland centric spelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Rudd went against those union buddies to change rules.

 

You realise the labor party in the only major party that gives rank and file members a vote on leadership?

No the Republican Party does as well. That and the ALP prove the kind of leaders you get when you let any moron have a vote. Did you vote for Rudd rainyface?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Made more ironic with your Queensland centric spelling.

That is all you have got I guess. When you have finished proof reading this post can you get me a cup of coffe and then I have some filling for you to do. That is what you working class types do isn’t it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Rudd went against those union buddies to change rules.

 

You realise the labor party in the only major party that gives rank and file members a vote on leadership?

Only after the caucus votes by more than a 2/3rd's majority to replace the leader, or something like that.  And I'm pretty sure the Greens give the rank and file a vote on their leader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

No the Republican Party does as well. That and the ALP prove the kind of leaders you get when you let any moron have a vote. Did you vote for Rudd rainyface?

As a shivering,  windblowb rainyface, I could not vote for a man who helped in the clean up of a brisbane flood.

I was, however,  able to directly vote for the wonderful julia. Unfortunately,  her replacement is actually worse....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pfft. Now Dutton's eligibility is coming up as a prerequisite to any meeting replacing Turnbull. YCMTSU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

Only after the caucus votes by more than a 2/3rd's majority to replace the leader, or something like that.  And I'm pretty sure the Greens give the rank and file a vote on their leader.

The greens are not a major party.

 

You obviously dont know the labor leadership rules. Please don't let that prevent you from commenting on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

That is all you have got I guess. When you have finished proof reading this post can you get me a cup of coffe and then I have some filling for you to do. That is what you working class types do isn’t it?

You  want me in the long skirt or the short skirt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

You obviously dont know the labor leadership rules. Please don't let that prevent you from commenting on them.

Correct as I'm not a member and have no aspiration to be one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Pfft. Now Dutton's eligibility is coming up as a prerequisite to any meeting replacing Turnbull. YCMTSU.

Duttons eligibility was part of labors attack in question time yesterday.  Keeping malcolm is advantageous to labor in the short term. The closer we get to the election the tactics will change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ease the sheet. said:

Duttons eligibility was part of labors attack in question time yesterday.  Keeping malcolm is advantageous to labor in the short term. The closer we get to the election the tactics will change.

Sure, but it wasn't Liberals making Dutton's eligibility a prerequisite to a party room meeting. It was Turnbull. The Liberals are imploding and the longer it takes, the worse it gets. Quite amusing given the shit they were shovelling about disunity, death, and leadership last election. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turnbull presser summarised:

I'm not going to resign. They'll have to drag me from the job kicking and screaming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

You  want me in the long skirt or the short skirt?

It would be completely inappropriate for me to comment on anyway about my staffs dress code. I do have a no visible Tats rule however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Turnbull presser summarised:

I'm not going to resign. They'll have to drag me from the job kicking and screaming. 

How quickly you forget. He is the man that allowed your elk to marry each other. NTTIAWWT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Sure, but it wasn't Liberals making Dutton's eligibility a prerequisite to a party room meeting. It was Turnbull. The Liberals are imploding and the longer it takes, the worse it gets. Quite amusing given the shit they were shovelling about disunity, death, and leadership last election. 

During question time yesterday it was clear that nobody was concerned about duttons eligibility because no one checked and didn't want to check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Turnbull presser summarised:

I'm not going to resign. They'll have to drag me from the job kicking and screaming. 

How amazing. Who would ever have thought Turnbull would go gracefully......

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

It would be completely inappropriate for me to comment on anyway about my staffs dress code. I do have a no visible Tats rule however.

So, a niquab is mandatory for 50% of the Brisbane population, then?

FKT

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

It would be completely inappropriate for me to comment on anyway about my staffs dress code. I do have a no visible Tats rule however.

Long skirt then. I have a very artistic "stairway to heaven"....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Sure, but it wasn't Liberals making Dutton's eligibility a prerequisite to a party room meeting. It was Turnbull. The Liberals are imploding and the longer it takes, the worse it gets. Quite amusing given the shit they were shovelling about disunity, death, and leadership last election. 

You mean like Shorten did at his press conference a few minutes ago? 

As you correctly said - YCMTSU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

So, a niquab is mandatory for 50% of the Brisbane population, then?

FKT

That cold climate in Tassie hides a multitude of sins. Like paint. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fah Kiew Tu said:

How amazing. Who would ever have thought Turnbull would go gracefully......

Not I. I expected him to be as gracious in defeat as Abbott, Gillard, and Rudd were. Even said as much earlier in the thread. This isn't an issue with policy, it's one of personalities and conflicts between them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

That cold climate in Tassie hides a multitude of sins. Like paint. :)

Thank God it does, too. The thought of those bogans from the Eastern Shore getting around with maximal exposed flesh - yeccch.

You see women going shopping in onesie's in Glenorchy. Fortunately for my eyesight, I very rarely go to Glenorchy.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Turnbull presser summarised:

I'm not going to resign. They'll have to drag me from the job kicking and screaming. 

Yep that is the narcissistic prick whose praises you sung when he rolled the mad monk a few years ago. You really are not very good at this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Long skirt then. I have a very artistic "stairway to heaven"....

I think that's a bit TMI ETS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Not I. I expected him to be as gracious in defeat as Abbott, Gillard, and Rudd were. Even said as much earlier in the thread. This isn't an issue with policy, it's one of personalities and conflicts between them. 

Yeah. They all had to be dragged kicking & screaming from the job, and the gnashing of teeth continue to this day. Somehow, it never was their fault that their colleagues couldn't stand them any longer.

It'd be amusing (well, even more amusing) if they weren't supposed to be making important decisions.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Not I. I expected him to be as gracious in defeat as Abbott, Gillard, and Rudd were. Even said as much earlier in the thread. This isn't an issue with policy, it's one of personalities and conflicts between them. 

Brought on by policy differences. Have you ever considered reading instead of just writing essays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, albanyguy said:

I think that's a bit TMI ETS

Funny I was thinking more on the lines of 'pix or it never happened'.....

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Yeah. They all had to be dragged kicking & screaming from the job, and the gnashing of teeth continue to this day. Somehow, it never was their fault that their colleagues couldn't stand them any longer.

It'd be amusing (well, even more amusing) if they weren't supposed to be making important decisions.

FKT

My thoughts exactly. Still it is High comedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Brought on by policy differences. Have you ever considered reading instead of just writing essays?

Bent supported Turnbull & Rudd's ETS so naturally he supports the Mk 3 attempt to get the same thing passed.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Funny I was thinking more on the lines of 'pix or it never happened'.....

FKT

Its not as impressive as Lb's favorite "puff the magic dragon" tattoo. And that is googleable.

But maybe nsfw....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Yeah. They all had to be dragged kicking & screaming from the job, and the gnashing of teeth continue to this day. Somehow, it never was their fault that their colleagues couldn't stand them any longer.

 It'd be amusing (well, even more amusing) if they weren't supposed to be making important decisions.

Agreed. Best thing for any party is that leaders resign once ousted from leadership. When they stick around, they cause all manner of trouble for their successors and that fucks things up for years to come (as Eva Dent). Turnbull wouldn't have had this issue had Abbott the integrity to keep his "no wrecking, no sniping" promise. Dutton hasn't a snowflakes's chance in Queensland of Turnbull giving him clear air either.

Personalities and the personal grudges on show for the whole world to see. And none of the players are looking good from it.

 

1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Bent supported Turnbull & Rudd's ETS so naturally he supports the Mk 3 attempt to get the same thing passed.

Well, I don't change my principles based on who is in power or who is pushing for a policy. If I think it's the right thing to do - I maintain that position regardless of who agrees with me. Politics would be much smoother and better for everyone concerned if our politicians acted the same way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

I maintain that position regardless of who agrees with me. 

And regardless that every political prediction you make turns out to be wrong. What intrigues me is how you claim to be a self funded, semi retired consultant that wants a Shorten Government? You are either a liar or an imbecile. I am going with both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Its not as impressive as Lb's favorite "puff the magic dragon" tattoo. And that is googleable.

But maybe nsfw....

Like anyone is now going to google that. What exactly were you searching for when you found whatever that means?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

And regardless that every political prediction you make turns out to be wrong. What intrigues me is how you claim to be a self funded, semi retired consultant that wants a Shorten Government? You are either a liar or an imbecile. I am going with both.

Or a parent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

The greens are not a major party.

Not according to Randumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Like anyone is now going to google that. What exactly were you searching for when you found whatever that means?

There used to be a tattoo thread in GA. It was posted there. It is an amazing piece of art. Though confronting. Surely you remember it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Well, I don't change my principles based on who is in power or who is pushing for a policy. If I think it's the right thing to do - I maintain that position regardless of who agrees with me. Politics would be much smoother and better for everyone concerned if our politicians acted the same way. 

The problem that Malcolm faced was, if he stuck to his principles, he'd never get to be Prime Minister. So he lied to his colleagues, got the job and then tried to do the things he'd explicitly said he wouldn't do. You may well think an ETS is a great idea but a hell of a lot of us don't. I think 'green' power is a worthwhile goal, make no mistake, but an ETS was going to be gamed from Day 1 and make no practical difference to actual CO2 emissions. Especially any ETS based on international trading of permits from countries who can't be trusted to do anything they say. Only thing going for it was, it'd make the ETS traders seriously rich.

Abbott would most likely have lost the last election and Turnbull most likely been re-elected Opposition Leader. How things would have panned out against Shorten then, who knows. Probably not well as Turnbull knows in his own mind that he's the smartest person in the room and everyone who disagrees is an idiot to be ignored. That sort-of works in a private company where you're majority shareholder - Kerry Packer was infamous for his attitudes - but when you actually depend on your colleagues supporting you and even the idiots have a vote each - hah. Bit less attitude and a bit more listening works better.

OH well next round of the entertainment coming up.....

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

There used to be a tattoo thread in GA. It was posted there. It is an amazing piece of art. Though confronting. Surely you remember it?

No I have a short memory. Like Bent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

The problem that Malcolm faced was, if he stuck to his principles, he'd never get to be Prime Minister. So he lied to his colleagues, got the job and then tried to do the things he'd explicitly said he wouldn't do.

I don't disagree. Turnbull was a little too liberal for the Liberals and it showed whenever he caved on issues he once held dear. Same sex marriage plebiscite - something he said was a waste of time and money, he pushed through as leader to the tune of over $100 million and the same result he (& the rest of the country) knew was coming anyway. Republic referendum - didn't hear a squeak out of him on it. And so on. As long as he sacrificed his ideals on the altar of political power - he was going to keep the job as figurehead. As soon as he proved he had some principles he still wanted to act on, Abbott got the chance he as craving and we can see the results playing out in real time this week.

 

3 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

You may well think an ETS is a great idea but a hell of a lot of us don't. I think 'green' power is a worthwhile goal, make no mistake, but an ETS was going to be gamed from Day 1 and make no practical difference to actual CO2 emissions. Especially any ETS based on international trading of permits from countries who can't be trusted to do anything they say. Only thing going for it was, it'd make the ETS traders seriously rich.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. At the moment, it's not even going up for a vote. Perhaps when the current shit-fight winds down and they start making it an election issue, we can revisit. ;) 

 

3 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Abbott would most likely have lost the last election and Turnbull most likely been re-elected Opposition Leader. How things would have panned out against Shorten then, who knows. Probably not well as Turnbull knows in his own mind that he's the smartest person in the room and everyone who disagrees is an idiot to be ignored. That sort-of works in a private company where you're majority shareholder - Kerry Packer was infamous for his attitudes - but when you actually depend on your colleagues supporting you and even the idiots have a vote each - hah. Bit less attitude and a bit more listening works better.

Abbott would definitely have lost the last election. As you said, the party didn't really want Turnbull (and his policies) in the first place... but they saw in him a chance to leave Abbott and his unpopularity behind, so they took it. They wouldn't have done that if there was a chance in hell of pulling through without it.

Don't disagree on your view regarding "majority shareholder CEO" vs "leading a party of self-interested politicians". Kind of the problem with our slow move towards politics of personality over the past decades. We don't have an executive leader that can hold on through unpopular decisions that are in the country's best interests at the cost of politician self-interest. At the first sign of trouble, our parliamentary parties turf their figurehead for a fresh new face on the same policies and the public buys it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Julie Bishop throws her hat in the ring!

Shorten may have to wait another three years. Bent you should head up to Centrelink and look for a job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

And Julie Bishop throws her hat in the ring!

Shorten may have to wait another three years. Bent you should head up to Centrelink and look for a job.

Where are you getting that info LB?

Edit: I see The West online has reported it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

And Julie Bishop throws her hat in the ring!

Shorten may have to wait another three years. Bent you should head up to Centrelink and look for a job.

If you thought dutton was unpopular down sth, julie aint much better.  and she's as moderate at malcolm.

Of course she's from wa. Thats got some influence.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

Where are you getting that info LB?

Edit: I see The West online has reported it.

2GB. The voice of reason. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

If you thought dutton was unpopular down sth, julie aint much better.  and she's as moderate at malcolm.

Of course she's from wa. Thats got some influence.

Remember mate- the polls show women hate Shorten and even in Queensland they are allowed to vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could live with Julie Bishop being PM.

Be interesting to see if she gets the same treatment from the media and male opposition that Gillard got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Remember mate- the polls show women hate Shorten and even in Queensland they are allowed to vote.

Not true. Female governor generals are quite partial to him. Queensland ones at that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I could live with Julie Bishop being PM.

Be interesting to see if she gets the same treatment from the media and male opposition that Gillard got.

I couldn't and of course she will not be known as either barren of juliar. Or not until the real conservatives start agitating anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

7News on their FB pages now saying she is considering running not that she is.

That makes more sense. That's been rumoured since this morning. I think Channel 7 got a little over excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

7News on their FB pages now saying she is considering running not that she is.

Which is political speak for counting and making phone calls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

I couldn't and of course she will not be known as either barren of juliar. Or not until the real conservatives start agitating anyway.

Yes not the best first name with the moronic Australian voting public. That was how Cleaver Greene got elected to the Senate after all. Apparently after watching this weeks episode of Rake, Sarah Hanson- Young went looking for him in the members bar.

Politics can be brutal but the ‘Misogyny’ wailers seem to have two standards for politicians. 

Any politician that is worried about nasty name calling should think twice about their career choice. Gillard was the worst example of an unprincipled  PM I have seen. Mind you, She narrowly beats Turnbull into that prize. Willing to backflip on key policy undertakings at the drop of a poll. And remember it was she and Turnbull that started this shit in their respective parties. Who ever wins will be the 6th prime minister sworn in in 5 years, including 2013 when we HAD THREE! Fuck! The Banana Repulic of West Fiji!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Which is political speak for counting and making phone calls.

And I wouldn't be surprised that the counting and phone calls would include negotiations with Morrison about him withdrawing from PM race, taking Deputy Leader position and retaining Treasurer because if Morrison won the PM ballot and Bishop stayed on yet again as Deputy who will be handed the Treasurer gong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Fossil Energy controls Australia.  Any leader who does not do what they say goes quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Yes not the best first name with the moronic Australian voting public. That was how Cleaver Greene got elected to the Senate after all. Apparently after watching this weeks episode of Rake, Sarah Hanson- Young went looking for him in the members bar.

Politics can be brutal but the ‘Misogyny’ wailers seem to have two standards for politicians. 

Any politician that is worried about nasty name calling should think twice about their career choice. Gillard was the worst example of an unprincipled  PM I have seen. Mind you, She narrowly beats Turnbull into that prize. Willing to backflip on key policy undertakings at the drop of a poll. And remember it was she and Turnbull that started this shit in their respective parties. Who ever wins will be the 6th prime minister sworn in in 5 years, including 2013 when we HAD THREE! Fuck! The Banana Repulic of West Fiji!

Disagree.  Gillard was the typical example of an unprincipled pm.

You don't get to be pm if you have principles.  In fact, you don't do well at politics if you have principles.

And rake is on the abc. Leftist propaganda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Barnaby: Turnbull mustn't quit

Former prime minister Barnaby Joyce says Malcolm Turnbull mustn't resign if there is a spill tomorrow

If Malcolm decides he's going to resign from Parliament then that is a very, very bad show... I think he owes it to his colleagues to make sure that he does not resign from the Parliament, that he stays.

I think he owes it to the people of Wentworth... And the bleeding obvious, if there is a majority of one and one person says they are stepping down then that puts the whole Parliament at risk.

 

I agree. He shouldn't resign. He should simply walk over to the other side of the chamber when the inevitable no confidence motion is voted on. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And, on the Julie Bishop news, she's now confirmed she's in the race with her pitch being (no joke) she "could save the most seats at the next election".

Not that she could win mind you, just save more seats than the others. Ouch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Disagree.  Gillard was the typical example of an unprincipled pm.

You don't get to be pm if you have principles.  In fact, you don't do well at politics if you have principles.

And rake is on the abc. Leftist propaganda.

It is my view that in the past most have taken the office with a vision- right or wrong- and a desire to make a difference. Sure ego and some compromise is the very nature of the game but Hawke, Keeting, Howard, Menzies, Fadden, Fraser and certainly Abbott made it known what they stood for and stood by their principles. The rest not so much. But Juliar and Turnbull take the cake. I honestly believe this as strongly as Randumb believes G W Bush not only ordered 911 he made a comeback piloting MH370 to a hidden Airport behind Gracelands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

 

I agree. He shouldn't resign. He should simply walk over to the other side of the chamber when the inevitable no confidence motion is voted on. :lol: 

Indeed he should. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

And, on the Julie Bishop news, she's now confirmed she's in the race with her pitch being (no joke) she "could save the most seats at the next election".

Not that she could win mind you, just save more seats than the others. Ouch.

So you don’t even like the honest and realistic  Libs? A women as well.

 

 

Misogynist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

It is my view that in the past most have taken the office with a vision- right or wrong- and a desire to make a difference. Sure ego and some compromise is the very nature of the game but Hawke, Keeting, Howard, Menzies, Fadden, Fraser and certainly Abbott made it known what they stood for and stood by their principles. The rest not so much. But Juliar and Turnbull take the cake. I honestly believe this as strongly as Randumb believes G W Bush not only ordered 911 he made a comeback piloting MH370 to a hidden Airport behind Gracelands.

Believing some politcians have vision? You old softy.  Maybe they did in university.  I think its about power. A vision is just a means to that end.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

And, on the Julie Bishop news, she's now confirmed she's in the race with her pitch being (no joke) she "could save the most seats at the next election".

Not that she could win mind you, just save more seats than the others. Ouch.

If you think that mysoginistic bunch will agree to have a female leader, think again.  After what they did to Julia, don't think so.

But she is most likely correct on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Hawke, Keeting, Howard, Menzies, Fadden, Fraser and certainly Abbott

Abbott?  Fucking Abbott!  The failed priest?

That special kind of cunt should not be mentioned in the same sentence as the others.  His only saving grace was that he failed the "Molesting Small Children 101" course.  Ironically, now he has to sell his arse to the coal owners.  Sometimes I suspect there is a god.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, random said:

If you think that mysoginistic bunch will agree to have a female leader, think again.  After what they did to Julia, don't think so.

I think the marginal seats will vote for the Lord of Darkness his/herself if it meant they'd keep their job. Their desperation is palpable at the moment.

Those in safe seats will accept whatever is required for a chance at staying in power and just dump her afterwards if they don't want to keep her around. It's worked for them so far.

Whilst I agree that there are misogynist pricks in the Liberal Party that would chafe at her "leading" the party, they're also smart enough to realise they don't have much choice in the matter. Either they let Crazy Eyes have a whack at saving some seats, planning to replace her later, or they spend a decade in opposition as their base experiments voting for the nutjob fringe parties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm..any victory may be short lived

If the spill gets up, then Malcolm Turnbull will not contest and says he will leave Parliament. But will he do so immediately and trigger a by-election? Would that quickly trigger a general election forcing the entire nation to the polls? There are a lot of questions to answer tonight. 

Would anyone blame Turnbull if he walks? 

It's one thing to switch leaders mid term..because the electorate hate their guts..(Rudd, Gillard,Abbott) another entirely when its purely a power grab of a bunch of ultra right thugs ...(Turnbulls not hating material).Sorry LB, I know you worship the ground Abbott walks on, but Him engineering this little coupe will cost your side the election.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

So you don’t even like the honest and realistic  Libs? A women as well.

 

 

Misogynist.

Libs won't want another Juliar only on their side!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Hmmm..any victory may be short lived

If the spill gets up, then Malcolm Turnbull will not contest and says he will leave Parliament. But will he do so immediately and trigger a by-election? Would that quickly trigger a general election forcing the entire nation to the polls? There are a lot of questions to answer tonight. 

Would anyone blame Turnbull if he walks? 

It's one thing to switch leaders mid term..because the electorate hate their guts..(Rudd, Gillard,Abbott) another entirely when its purely a power grab of a bunch of ultra right thugs ...(Turnbulls not hating material).Sorry LB, I know you worship the ground Abbott walks on, but Him engineering this little coupe will cost your side the election.

Real good chance they were going to lose anyway, from where I sit.

Look, Turnbull white-anted Nelson to get the leadership, he actually lost it on a point of policy difference in his own party, he took it back again because on his own words there had been too many bad Newspolls and Abbott was vulnerable due to a long row of stuff-ups.

Now he's going to lose it again. So sad too bad. By his own rules, he deserves to be rolled.

I breathed a big sigh of relief when Abbott got the shaft - thought we'd have an adult in charge. Instead we got a petulant rich man with major entitlement syndrome who lacked the will or ability to convince the party to change policies to his way of thinking and at the same time wasn't willing to pay more than lip service to the policies the party actually had.

He's no great loss. If the Libs burn through a few more on the way to losing the next election, shrug, maybe some new blood will enter Federal politics. A good healthy purge is overdue anyway IMO.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Hmmm..any victory may be short lived

If the spill gets up, then Malcolm Turnbull will not contest and says he will leave Parliament. But will he do so immediately and trigger a by-election? Would that quickly trigger a general election forcing the entire nation to the polls? There are a lot of questions to answer tonight. 

Would anyone blame Turnbull if he walks? 

It's one thing to switch leaders mid term..because the electorate hate their guts..(Rudd, Gillard,Abbott) another entirely when its purely a power grab of a bunch of ultra right thugs ...(Turnbulls not hating material).Sorry LB, I know you worship the ground Abbott walks on, but Him engineering this little coupe will cost your side the election.

I don't think the voters of Wentworth will not vote Liberal in a by-election so little chance of a change in the balance in the House.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

I don't think the voters of Wentworth will not vote Liberal in a by-election so little chance of a change in the balance in the House.

just looking at that myself..yes, unlikely.

Dickson's vulnerable though ..

A little giggle.."I wish the people of Australia would look at my profile and realize I'm a 30 yr old black man before sending me tweets and DMs," he wrote from his account, @PeterDutton5.

he sells...popcorn for a living :D

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-23/peter-dutton-from-texas-becomes-twitter-sensation/10156728

he sounds like a nice bloke.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Hmmm..any victory may be short lived

If the spill gets up, then Malcolm Turnbull will not contest and says he will leave Parliament. But will he do so immediately and trigger a by-election? Would that quickly trigger a general election forcing the entire nation to the polls? There are a lot of questions to answer tonight. 

Would anyone blame Turnbull if he walks? 

It's one thing to switch leaders mid term..because the electorate hate their guts..(Rudd, Gillard,Abbott) another entirely when its purely a power grab of a bunch of ultra right thugs ...(Turnbulls not hating material).Sorry LB, I know you worship the ground Abbott walks on, but Him engineering this little coupe will cost your side the election.

Worship the ground he walks on? WTF? I think he is a religious nut job. Read what I wrote. I listed him amongst the PM that stated their beliefs and stood by them. As I also listed the likes of Keeting and he was also a cunt. You need a bit of cunt in you. But without being a complete cunt like Gillard or Rudd. I am however throughly enjoying the part he is playing in bringing down the Manchurian Candidate. 

Better dead than red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Either they let Crazy Eyes have a whack at saving some seats, 

‘Crazy eyes’? Gosh don’t these discussions bring out the best in people. But I am good with your rules benty boy...

 

9F3B6BD2-41DC-407D-8B97-322279992F7E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Worship the ground he walks on? WTF? I think he is a religious nut job. Read what I wrote. I listed him amongst the PM that stated their beliefs and stood by them. As I also listed the likes of Keeting and he was also a cunt. You need a bit of cunt in you. But without being a complete cunt like Gillard or Rudd. I am however throughly enjoying the part he is playing in bringing down the Manchurian Candidate. 

Better dead than red.

I admired Keating. I also took pleasure in voting against him & doing my little bit to elect Howard, but I did admire Keating. At least he knew what he stood for and left others in no doubt about it either. Abbott? I'll grant he had his convictions but he kept a lot of them well hidden until he was PM, and they weren't well received. *I* certainly didn't appreciate the lying that followed his election.

Shorten could be interesting - he has demonstrated that he's got all the principles of a rabid hyena on a leash. As PM, the leash is off. Who knows what he actually believes - so far on record he's screwed over the poorest workers in his own union to benefit himself, his mates and to fund his election campaign. That alone is sufficient to guarantee that I *NEVER* vote for him. I cannot stand the sort of person who would do something like that.

FKT

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shorten is geared to rise.  When he gets to the top he will have trouble working out what to do next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DlRl2HoUcAAmumF.jpg

and

Quote

Shorten would be more popular in every state, and across all age groups, except those over 65, who narrowly favour Dutton, Roy Morgan snap polling from Wednesday shows.
...

The poll compared Labor leader Bill Shorten with Dutton and showed Shorten ahead in every state.

  • The gap is closest in Tasmania, where Shorten’s lead is 53% to 47%.
  • In Victoria, Shorten’s home state, the lead is massive: 64.5% to 31.5%, a lead of 33%.
  • Even in Dutton’s home state of Queensland, the margin is still sizeable: 53% to 40% - a gap of 13%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

DlRl2HoUcAAmumF.jpg

and

P T Barnum was right.

FKT

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm semi seriously thinking about forming a new political party and registering it. I'll call it The Disillusioned Majority Party. Firstly I need a constitution and 500 members. Who wants to join? Share the hashtag #DisillusionedMajority 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

I'm semi seriously thinking about forming a new political party and registering it. I'll call it The Disillusioned Majority Party. Firstly I need a constitution and 500 members. Who wants to join? Share the hashtag #DisillusionedMajority 

Article 1..NO POLITICS 

Article 2..NO VOTING

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites