Sign in to follow this  
Shortforbob

I still call Australia home

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

i don't know anyone between 25 and 40 with more than one kid..so they better hurry up..But that Prolly IS something to do with who I work with.

Well, yes, looking only to one's own workplace does tend to filter perceptions a little. I'm in that age range, have four kids, and bought a house.

That said, getting the deposit was indeed a bitch and I completely understand why others wouldn't want to bother. 

1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Funny, 2 out of my 3 kids (27 & 30 y/old) still live with their mother in the house we co-own and it's a 5 bedroom place I built in suburbia. BF of the youngest is there half the time as well.

Both have secure full-time and well-paying jobs but why leave home when you'll have less space and have to pay rent?

Bent is in a similar position but plans to downsize so this can't happen. I wouldn't force that as an option though I certainly could.

Back on politics I generally vote in reverse anyway - I work from who I detest most forward through the choices. If it's equal I always vote against the incumbent because at minimum this breaks up their cosy little cabals of influence-peddling. Makes no real difference of course but I get to feel better.

Oh and don't think I've missed the deafening silence WRT what a wonderful representative of the poor workers Shorten was. It says a lot when even the rusted-on left wingers won't defend him.

LB thinks Bishop will save the Govt. Doubt it myself and not because she's female, just I think the entire rat's nest need to be in opposition for a term.

FKT

My kids still live with me, age 25 and 21..Oddly, though their friends are welcome..they can't wait to find even 10 hours regular work so they can move into their own rented place...though once they've experienced the reality of trying to live on $350-$400 pw anywhere within an hour of Swinburne, I think they may change their tune .

6 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Well, yes, looking only to one's own workplace does tend to filter perceptions a little. I'm in that age range, have four kids, and bought a house.

That said, getting the deposit was indeed a bitch and I completely understand why others wouldn't want to bother. 

My 40th was spent moving into our first house. We only bought a house so the kid wouldn't have to. Our only rule regarding the house was that it was worth less than 3 years of our income.  The lowest rung on the ladder. You got to start somewhere.

13 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Demographics might factor into that too

4 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Back on politics I generally vote in reverse anyway - I work from who I detest most forward through the choices. If it's equal I always vote against the incumbent because at minimum this breaks up their cosy little cabals of influence-peddling. Makes no real difference of course but I get to feel better.

I do the same with the one additional point of checking the representatives ability to do things locally. All things being equal, if they're just another vote in the federal/state government's column, they aren't really my representative. They're the party's and I don't give two shits about party loyalty. I've voted for Liberals in state, Labor in federal house, and (when they actually meant something) Democrats in the federal senate.

Oh and don't think I've missed the deafening silence WRT what a wonderful representative of the poor workers Shorten was. It says a lot when even the rusted-on left wingers won't defend him.

We don't need to. He's not a factor in this dumpster fire. The fuel and flames are all Liberal, with the occasional (unrequested, unrequired, relatively ignorable) interjection by the desperate-to-be-still-relevant Barnaby Joyce. Whether Shorten, Albanese, or (at a long stretch) Plibersek were Labor leader - this dumpster fire would still have been lit, fanned, and fuelled because, well, Abbott's still there.

LB thinks Bishop will save the Govt. Doubt it myself and not because she's female, just I think the entire rat's nest need to be in opposition for a term.

I think they've screwed the pooch a little too hard a little too close to the election. She might be able to save some seats... but keep them in government? She'd have to pull a serious as-yet-unseen rabbit out of her hat to manage that.

1 minute ago, Bent Sailor said:

I think they've screwed the pooch a little too hard a little too close to the election. She might be able to save some seats... but keep them in government? She'd have to pull a serious as-yet-unseen rabbit out of her hat to manage that.

Getting Abbott, Joyce and a few others pre-selections cancelled would be a real good start on winning the *following* election..... probably Abetz too. He's done some really good work as a Tasmanian representative for constituents with problems but I can't stomach his politics and how dirty he's prepared to get.

Dunno about Bishop - done a good job as Foreign Minister but what else?

I really don't think any of the choices fighting it out for top spot have anything great to recommend them.

FKT

Of course I could just be trolling...Anyway I am leaving shortly to deliver the eulogy at my dear old dads funeral. As a life time member of the ‘Country’ party and a close friend of Artie Fadden I am glad he past away last weekend before this shitfight broke out. One can’t roll over in a grave you arn’t yet in.  :) 

Wish me luck gang it is going to be one of the hardest things I have ever done.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Of course I could just be trolling...Anyway I am leaving shortly to deliver the eulogy at my dear old dads funeral. As a life time member of the ‘Country’ party and a close friend of Artie Fadden I am glad he past away last weekend before this shitfight broke out. One can’t roll over in a grave you arn’t yet in.  :) 

Consider condolences and luck wished.

Ps, keep your jokes clean. Well, cleanish.

• Like 1

2054669655_ScreenShot2018-08-24at12_48_32pm.thumb.png.b59767aef6a3b82709c21e81afddd8d9.png

So their choice is being destroyed at the polls for choosing Dutton or destroyed from within by Abbott for choosing Morrison. Ouch.

Edit:

Scott Morrison wins

Let Abbott's recking begin continue...

7 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Condolences from me and M. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Editing an existing post is cheating. ....

Didn't know there was a competition.

On topic, Kevin Hogan moves to the cross benches. That's going to stick in the craw of those that mocked the last minority government and irritate those that pretend the Liberal/National Coalition should be treated as a single party. I'd hate to be someone that argued both right now.

Katter Party not guaranteeing supply. Cathy McGowan not guaranteeing supply. Dutton's career has hit it's peak and he's now on the way down. And all internally inflicted injuries. 

43 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Sincerest condolences LB. I spoke at my mother's funeral a few years ago. Very Very difficult. No doubt you will do it with some well placed humour.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Condolences. My elder sister did that and I was glad to leave it to her. 

FKT

• Like 1

Condolences LB..... I know you will eulogise with well placed humour.

• Like 1

The whole thing just proves the Libs and labor are as bad as each other. Whilst they state have integrity, it becomes exceedingly obvious they will all sell their souls for a vote. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

.......Dutton's career has hit it's peak and he's now on the way down. And all internally inflicted injuries. 

He must be well pissed off for being set up and then “betrayed”. Looks all to convenient and organised.

He is toast next election, whenever that is........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sidecar said:

He must be well pissed off for being set up and then “betrayed”. Looks all to convenient and organised.

Well, he *was* silly enough to put his hand up for the job - tough shit.

FKT

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Well, he *was* silly enough to put his hand up for the job - tough shit.

FKT

Totally agree.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

He might be pissed off about it... but it was obvious to everyone that was what was going on. Abbott needed a patsy to challenge Turnbull. Dutton was clearly the most viable idiot to buy into the promise of being leader if Abbott wrecked the government enough a challenge was "necessary". When someone guarantees you the lottery ticket they're selling you is a winner - the smart money is you're being conned.

With that in mind, turns out ScoMo might be preferred amongst the party room... but they'll need to inform the electorate of that cos they're not buying it.

A ReachTel poll on Wednesday night found that Morrison was the least popular of a menu of possible Liberal leaders.

It found Malcolm Turnbull was the preferred Liberal leader with 38%, followed by Julie Bishop (29%), Tony Abbott (14%), Peter Dutton on just 10% and Scott Morrison on 8.6%.

And for anyone that thinks Abbott is going to give him some clear air to do it...

Tony Abbott was a key agitator in this strike against Malcolm Turnbull's leadership. Here's what he said coming out of the party room meeting.

"We have lost the Prime Minister, there is a government to save.

"That's what all of us will do our best to do now, to save the Government.

"Saving the government" sounds eerily similar to the "saving the party" line the right-wing MP's were using to justify bringing down Turnbull. They want the party further to the right and they'll continue "burning the bitch down" until the ashes are right-wing enough for them.

Good news for Australian dollar... bit of a jab at Abbott's desired change of policies.

Australia's credit rating safe for now, says Moodys

The credit rating agency Moodys has said that the leadership changes “have no implications for Australia’s sovereign credit profile” because it assumes Morrison will stick with existing policy settings.

I bet he won't be taking any questions from the Murdoch press/media

Malcolm Turnbull has confirmed he will quit parliament “before too long”.

So on top of all that, a by-election looming (not to mention yet another vote lost until they get it done).

9 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Malcolm Turnbull has confirmed he will quit parliament “before too long”.

So on top of all that, a by-election looming (not to mention yet another vote lost until they get it done).

Good, he needs to go and move on.

Unlike the last 3 that got the bullet, I can't say that I'm glad that he's gotten the flick, but he's had his chances. Pity Abbott doesn't take the opportunity to announce he won't stand for re-election.

It's a blue-ribbon Liberal seat, I can hear the claws skittering now as the rats try for pole position come the pre-selection.....

FKT

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Condolences mate.  Never easy saying goodbye to the people who put you on this earth.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

......Pity Abbott doesn't take the opportunity to announce he won't stand for re-election.

It's a blue-ribbon Liberal seat, I can hear the claws skittering now as the rats try for pole position come the pre-selection.....

FKT

Abbott needs to go for the good of Oz politics. He would make a great ambassador to Russia, where he can have a go at shirtfronting Putin.. He always wanted to....... Or maybe mud wrestling with him wearing only budgie smugglers. Onions not oranges at half time.....

And if he wins, HRM might even give him the Knighthood he craves....

5 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Abbott needs to go for the good of Oz politics. He would make a great ambassador to Russia,

Probably we could open an embassy in North Korea.

FKT

The Scott and Josh ticket is actually pretty good.

Scott is a religious conservative who voted no to same sex marriage and the one who implemented the stop the boats policy. He has a strong relationship with abbot.

Josh is a bright lad from a blue ribbon seat. He's  a victorian small L liberal with a good reputation. 

Together,  they have the connections required to get some unity.

Let the battle begin!

9 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

The Scott and Josh ticket is actually pretty good.....

The best outcome bearing in mind the pile of shit they were mired in......

i actually thought it was quite eloquent.....

16 minutes ago, lonesailor said:

Still your President!

confused.bmp?auto=compress,format&w=650&

Could be quite a changing of the Liberal guard whenever the next Federal election is held. I indeed hope Abbott steps aside having now achieved his primary aim, ie unseat Turnbull as PM. He'd be smarting that he didn't get Dutton into the Lodge though.

Julie Bishop will no doubt step aside as well but I hope she retains Foreign Minister position until the next election. Will be interesting whether Christian Porter then nominates for Curtin rather than staying in the marginal seat of Pearce.

Obviously Turnbull will not be there.

There may well be others on the plus side of 55.

1 minute ago, albanyguy said:

Could be quite a changing of the Liberal guard whenever the next Federal election is held. I indeed hope Abbott steps aside having now achieved his primary aim, ie unseat Turnbull as PM. He'd be smarting that he didn't get Dutton into the Lodge though.

Abbott is never going to just "step aside". He's tasted the power he can wield by holding his party's chances to ransom and he's in one of the safest Liberal seats in the country. He'll hang on until he's pried off with a crowbar. 

1 minute ago, albanyguy said:

Julie Bishop will no doubt step aside as well but I hope she retains Foreign Minister position until the next election. Will be interesting whether Christian Porter then nominates for Curtin rather than staying in the marginal seat of Pearce.

Curious why you think she's going to stand aside. I don't see any indications she thinks she's done or that she needs to go.

6 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Curious why you think she's going to stand aside. I don't see any indications she thinks she's done or that she needs to go.

If you were in her position what would you do? If it looks like Scomo can't rescue the ship then why would she stay on? She's been Deputy for 10 years and Foreign Minister for the last 5. What could she achieve in Opposition? I know what I'd do.

And on the subject of Scomo he's holding a media conference at 4:15pm AEST

Just now, albanyguy said:

If you were in her position what would you do? If it looks like Scomo can't rescue the ship then why would she stay on? She's been Deputy for 10 years and Foreign Minister for the last 5. What could she achieve in Opposition? I know what I'd do.

Therein lies your problem, you're thinking what we would do... and neither of us are the kinds of person that thinks getting into politics is a good career move. Julie Bishop is a career politician with, as you point out, many years doing what neither you nor I would want to. What you and I would do is not really relevant.

Thinking as to what Julie would do, that's not too hard. She watches as ScoMo drinks from the poisoned chalice he's been handed and waits to see the results. If he wins, she joins his team hoping to knife him later. If he loses, as is widely expected given this debacle, she gives it some time before becoming the Opposition Leader. She lets Abbott do his attack dog thing, whilst she presents as the polite, yet determined woman opposing Shorten (with all the political imagery and conservative wet-dream op-eds that entails). She seeks to unseat Shorten at the next election and become PM outright.

She didn't get where she is now by giving in when shit hit the fan. She got where she is by taking advantage of opportunities when shit hits the fan. Make no mistake, she wants to be PM and this offers her an opportunity to take that shot in a few years.

Scomo saying the right things from the start.

Edit: He just annointed Frydenberg as Treasurer

2 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

Scomo saying the right things from the start.

He is a good choice.  But the darkside has plenty of cash to stoke the same machine that bought Turnbull down, they won't stop.

9 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Therein lies your problem, you're thinking what we would do... and neither of us are the kinds of person that thinks getting into politics is a good career move. Julie Bishop is a career politician with, as you point out, many years doing what neither you nor I would want to. What you and I would do is not really relevant.

Thinking as to what Julie would do, that's not too hard. She watches as ScoMo drinks from the poisoned chalice he's been handed and waits to see the results. If he wins, she joins his team hoping to knife him later. If he loses, as is widely expected given this debacle, she gives it some time before becoming the Opposition Leader. She lets Abbott do his attack dog thing, whilst she presents as the polite, yet determined woman opposing Shorten (with all the political imagery and conservative wet-dream op-eds that entails). She seeks to unseat Shorten at the next election and become PM outright.

She didn't get where she is now by giving in when shit hit the fan. She got where she is by taking advantage of opportunities when shit hits the fan. Make no mistake, she wants to be PM and this offers her an opportunity to take that shot in a few years.

I think you're wrong. She thoroughly enjoys being Foreign Minister. She's on the world stage. She's had her shot at PM and lost. She could continue her foreign affairs work as an Ambassador to the UN post the next Federal election if Scomo can't lead the Coalition to a win. Lots of opportunities for her outside Parliament.

You're also wrong re getting into politics and not thinking politically. I've stated semi-seriously upthread about forming a new political party for the Disillusioned Majority, though admit the name needs to project a positive message not negative.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

You're also wrong re getting into politics and not thinking politically. I've stated semi-seriously upthread about forming a new political party for the Disillusioned Majority, though admit the name needs to project a positive message not negative.  

Just revive the old United Australia Party name...... God knows none of the existing mob could lay claim to it.

Oh well one PM ends, another one begins. Let's see how scomo does now he's got the chalice. Countdown to next election.....

FKT

9 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

I think you're wrong. She thoroughly enjoys being Foreign Minister. She's on the world stage. She's had her shot at PM and lost. She could continue her foreign affairs work as an Ambassador to the UN post the next Federal election if Scomo can't lead the Coalition to a win. Lots of opportunities for her outside Parliament.

I don't think this really counts as "her shot at PM". Putting your hand up AFTER someone else decides to take a stab at it is merely taking advantage of an opportunity as it arises. Should ScoMo actually eke out a win at the next election, then yeah, that's a hard position for her to usurp. I can see her "rethinking her contribution" in that case. If he fails to rebrand the Liberals as needed to wipe this shit from their collective faces, then there is a golden opportunity for those with name recognition to battle it out for the throne. God knows Abbott hasn't a chance in hell, Dutton never did, and ScoMo would be tarnished by the loss. 

Tell you what. $10 says she is the nominated candidate for her seat this next election. It's enough for a beer and chips on me i Im wrong ;) 

9 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

She's been in politics for decades and you're "thinking about forming a party" on a sailing website in (I assume) the latter half of your allotted time on this planet. I guarantee that you and her do not think alike. ;) 

I don't think this really counts as "her shot at PM". Putting your hand up AFTER someone else decides to take a stab at it is merely taking advantage of an opportunity as it arises. Should ScoMo actually eke out a win at the next election, then yeah, that's a hard position for her to usurp. I can see her "rethinking her contribution" in that case. If he fails to rebrand the Liberals as needed to wipe this shit from their collective faces, then there is a golden opportunity for those with name recognition to battle it out for the throne. God knows Abbott hasn't a chance in hell, Dutton never did, and ScoMo would be tarnished by the loss. 

Tell you what. $10 says she is the nominated candidate for her seat this next election. It's enough for a beer and chips on me i Im wrong ;) 

You're on :)

She's been in politics for decades and you're "thinking about forming a party" on a sailing website in (I assume) the latter half of your allotted time on this planet. I guarantee that you and her do not think alike. ;) 

I'm not just talking about it here :P

That reminds me I need to ctc the British High Commission and take action to renounce any potential rights to UK Citizenship as both my parents are 10 pound POMS.

1 hour ago, dreadom said:

Hahahahaaaaa  that's so funni it 's worth a cut and paste

Go Home Cunt, Says Nation

Anyway who wants someone who looks like the Commandant of a Concentration Camp in charge of the country?

image.png.ea50cbecc7558a2e2be9db8d68bef7ed.png

Australia braces for new prime minister after bitter coup

Australia was bracing for yet another change of prime minister Friday after a revolt against Malcolm Turnbull by hardline conservatives in his Liberal party, with his near three-year reign hanging by a thread.

Former home affairs minister Peter Dutton, an ex-police officer and right-winger, has been the stalking horse seeking to unseat Turnbull after a party backlash against his more moderate approach to politics.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/asean-plus/30352861

36 minutes ago, lonesailor said:

Another shit hole filled with ex cons

No-one cares about how you spend you weekend, mate.

40 minutes ago, lonesailor said:

Another shit hole filled with ex cons

Awwww, you're just bitter & twisted because, even with our low standards and shit hole environment/economy, you still can't make the cut.

Diddums.

FKT

Untitled.jpg.6cf692d06fbf0837afebe6ecd780c08c.jpg

I've been listening to ABC AM radio on and off since midday, not once has anyone mentioned Julie Bishop.

She's not of my political leanings, but the casual dismissal of a Woman who'd served her party well in Government and opposition, with grace and intelligence is disgusting.

She's better liked than either Morrison or the deplorable Dutton, yet the Libs have decided to cut off their noses to spite their faces rather than elect a moderate .....woman?.Lady McBeth indeed!

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/julie-bishop-was-no-lady-macbeth-20180824-p4zzll.html

Untitled.jpg.8230e31b03b9e408e73894a9271a146f.jpg

Untitled.jpg.e6d4bf4f1b6abb8e0d649b0da6570a49.jpg

Fifteen things you didn’t know about Scott Morrison

Scott Morrison

AAP

The New Daily takes a look at the interesting history of Australia’s next Prime Minister, Scott Morrison.

1. He entered Federal Parliament in the election of 2007, in which Kevin Rudd became Prime Minister. Soon after the Coalition victory of 2013 he became Minister for Immigration and Border Protection and implemented “Sovereign Borders”, an initiative aimed at preventing people smuggling and asylum seekers deaths at sea.

2. The day after Kevin Rudd’s national apology to indigenous Australians, Morrison said in Parliament that he felt “proud”. “There is no doubt that our Indigenous population has been devastated by the inevitable clash of cultures that came with the arrival of the modern world in 1770 at Kurnell in my electorate.”

Scott Morrison Scott Morrison implements a successful but controversial border control policy. Photo: Getty

3. Morrison grew up in Bronte a beach suburb in Sydney’s east. His father was a policeman and his mother worked in administrative positions. Morrison’s parents ran youth programs for the local church. His father was involved in aged care and served as a local-government councillor for 16 years. Scott’s first political act was at the age of nine, handing out how-to-vote cards for his father.

4. Morrison attended Sydney Boys’ High School through to Year 12. In March 2015, approximately 300 alumni of the schools former students signed a letter protesting Mr Morrison’s attendance at a fund-raising event. The letter accused Mr Morrison of having “so flagrantly disregarded human rights”.

5. Veteran Canberra journalist Laurie Oakes once said on television that the government “should avoid the goading and arrogance of Scott Morrison, where he just pours mullock on journalists”. Oakes added that his attitude towards journalists was disgusting. “When people like Scott Morrison give us the finger when we ask tough questions, we’ve got to shine a light on that and expose it because it’s not acceptable.”

6. To become Liberal candidate for Cook in 2007, he lost in the ballot 82 votes to 8 to Michael Towke, a telecommunications engineer and the candidate of the Liberals’ right faction. However, allegations emerged that Towke had engaged in branch stacking and had embellished his resume.The Liberal Party’s state executive disendorsed Towke and Morrison won the pre-selection. Later, the allegations against Towke were disproved and Sydney’s Daily Telegraph was successfully sued by Towke.

Christmas Island boat tragedy Screenshot of the moment a boat carrying asylum seekers crashed into rocks on Christmas Island. Photo: Getty

7. When 48 people died in the Christmas Island disaster of 2010, Morrison objected to the Gillard Government offering to pay for families’ fares to the funerals in Sydney.

8. In his maiden speech to the Federal Parliament, Morrison paid tribute to British anti-slavery figure William Wilberforce, and also to Desmond Tutu and U2 singer Bono for their humanitarian attitudes to suffering in Africa. Also from his maiden speech: “So what values do I derive from my faith? My answer comes from Jeremiah, chapter 9:24: I am the Lord who exercises loving-kindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things, declares the Lord.”

9. He is an evangelical Christian who worships at a Hillsong-style Pentecostal church in Sydney. One mentor is the founder of Hillsong, Harley Davidson-riding pastor Brian Houston. In Who’s Who Morrison mentions the church as his number-one hobby.

10. When he was the managing director of Tourism Australia, he oversaw the “where The Bloody Hell Are You?” campaign that featured model Lara Bingle.

11. Peter Hartcher of the Sydney Morning Herald suggested that Morrison was “the greatest grub in the federal parliament” for stoking xenophobic and racist fears for political advantage. Pauline Hanson said she would prefer him as PM to Tony Abbott

Scott Morrison, Tony Abbott, Christopher Pyne Scott Morrison (centre) beside former boss Tony Abbott (left) and Christopher Pyne (right).

12. The BBC’s Nick Bryant ungenerously wrote: “My hunch is that Scott Morrison doesn’t spend much time agonising over the contradictions that have marked his career, or fretting about the veering course of a political journey that has taken him from the moderate wing of the party, to the right. The main point for him is that his career has been heading in an ever-upward trajectory.”

13. Since acquiring his Bachelor of Science (Hons) at Sydney University, Morrison has worked at the following:

National Manager, Policy and Research Property Council of Australia, 1989-95
 Deputy Chief Executive, Australian Tourism Task Force, 1995-96
 General Manager, Tourism Council, 1996-98
 Director, NZ Office of Tourism and Sport, 1998-2000
 State Director, Liberal Party (NSW) 2000-04
 Managing Director, Tourism Australia 2004-06
 Principal, MSAS Pty Ltd 2006-07

14. He met his wife, Jenny, at church, aged just 12. She had grown up in the St George area of south Sydney, solid battler territory, and used to tease Scott about coming from the posh side of town.

15. Scott Morrison was born in 1968, the year The Beatles released the “White Album”, the year that all of Kylie Minogue, James Bond actor Daniel Craig, singer Celine Dion and Australian actor Hugh Jackman were born. It was also the year in which both Martin Luther King and Robert F. Kennedy were assassinated.

Doug Aiton is a newspaper journalist and radio broadcaster. He has worked forThe London Times, The Age, ABC Radio and 3AW.

4 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Bishop was Morrisons stalking horse. She will resign at the next election.

won't matter , libs are done , stick a fork in 'em .

5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Sorry to hear it, I hope he went easy.

he sounded like a gentle man and a Gentleman..

Come home and have some free kicks on us. :)

37 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Awwww, you're just bitter & twisted because, even with our low standards and shit hole environment/economy, you still can't make the cut.

Diddums.

FKT

Must be hard for his Elk to watch how civilised us colonials can be in debate when OUR government is in tatters.

I was chatting to two elderly people today and their daughter. All staunch Libs.

They said something that surprised me about Morrison.

First thing they brought up was the people on Manus and Nauru, seriously.."time for a clean slate show some compassion and to let those poor souls come here, enough is enough especially the kiddies, poor little mites.

Is Morrison big enough?

6 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Is Morrison big enough?

moot point , right wing ain't .................

10 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I was chatting to two elderly people today and their daughter. All staunch Libs.

They said something that surprised me about Morrison.

First thing they brought up was the people on Manus and Nauru, seriously.."time for a clean slate show some compassion and to let those poor souls come here, enough is enough especially the kiddies, poor little mites.

Is Morrison big enough?

Morrison? Yeah, he's evangelical and they can turn on a dime. He'd be "big enough" to propose it if he thought he could have the party follow.

The Liberal Party? Not a snowball's chance in Queensland. 

Untitled.jpg.92e2fb9ba96580e4d2ae37156115aabc.jpg

6 hours ago, LB 15 said:

All the best LB.  It will be one of the hardest and most rewarding things you have ever done.

• Like 2

hearing calls to remove compulsory voting as it's meaningless ...................

2 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Why shouldn't a gay woman run for Parliament in a safe seat?

FKT

hahahahahahaaa

It's Abbott stooging her to shaft the legacy of Turnbull.

His evil know no bounds.  He's a cunt who should be dis-endorsed at the first opportunity.   But that may be some time away as the Liberals will need all the seats they can get for about six years.

You see conspiracies behind everything, random. If anyone was going to carry on Turnbull's legacy of dragging the Liberal Party towards the political centre, it would be Christine Forster. She's related to Abbott, that doesn't mean she's his puppet. 

Seriously mate, you need to put down the bong, crack pipe, whatever and give it a rest for a bit. Your paranoia is in overdrive.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, random said:

That fucking cunt Abbott will not stop!

Wentworth by-election speculation intensifies with Christine Forster 'considering' tilt

What a fucking cunt he is.

Why? is your misogyny showing?

Christine Forster is a politician in her own right, Gay , married and describes herself as a small l liberal and a big L lesbian.

Are you implying that she must be his puppet/poppet?

3 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

You see conspiracies behind everything, random. If anyone was going to carry on Turnbull's legacy of dragging the Liberal Party towards the political centre, it would be Christine Forster. She's related to Abbott, that doesn't mean she's his puppet. 

Seriously mate, you need to put down the bong, crack pipe, whatever and give it a rest for a bit. Your paranoia is in overdrive.

Thanks BS, you pipped me to it.

2 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Hahhahaaaa,

So we have a country controlled by the coal lobby and you don't see a problem.  But it must be good to see it all as innocent fun.

That cunt Abbott was part of the downfall of Turnbull, you claiming that was not the case?

Scomo took $5000pa off me last year and Shorten promises to take $10,000 plus if he gets in ( self funded retiree) 

i made up my mind I would not vote for the libs as long as Scmo was there but Shorten  guaranteed me casting a blank vote . Aside from that I cannot stomach a person who ditches his wife after climbing the father in laws social connections as far as Pratt  and then telling her at a footy match “Oh by the way darl I’ve been porking the married daughter of the GG so ta ta” or some such words so I’m told. And an old Xavier boy to boot. Shame.

ill keep an open mind about Scomo just get rid of Abbott and co by not endorsing them. 

13 minutes ago, random said:

hahahahahahaaa

It's Abbott stooging her to shaft the legacy of Turnbull.

His evil know no bounds.  He's a cunt who should be dis-endorsed at the first opportunity.   But that may be some time away as the Liberals will need all the seats they can get for about six years.

You really need to examine your deep seated disdain of women.

I've been reading your BS for a couple of years now.. You come across as one of the worst misogynists on this forum..bar non except  some of the socks and obvious trolls

5 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Are you implying that she must be his puppet/poppet?

Yep.

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

You really need to examine your deep seated disdain of women.

I've been reading your BS for a couple of years now.. You come across as one of the worst misogynists on this forum..bar non except  some of the socks and obvious trolls

DId I say anything bad about Abbott's lesbian sister?   No.  Have I ever said anything about how cool it is to have the failed Priest have a gay Sister!!!  No. 

Sometimes I think there is a god.  Abbott is such a cunt that maybe his sister might ...

4 minutes ago, random said:

So we have a country controlled by the coal lobby and you don't see a problem.  But it must be good to see it all as innocent fun.

That cunt Abbott was part of the downfall of Turnbull, you claiming that was not the case?

Where did I say anything about the coal lobby and my thoughts on that problem? And I've been crystal clear that this debacle was down to Abbott's petty grudge against Turnbull.

I'm talking about your conspiracy theory that Abbott is behind his sister's political ambitions. If you don't want to be treated like Dog, stop making shit up to argue about and deal with what people actually say.

11 minutes ago, random said:

DId I say anything bad about Abbott's lesbian sister?   No.  Have I ever said anything about how cool it is to have the failed Priest have a gay Sister!!!  No. 

Sometimes I think there is a god.  Abbott is such a cunt that maybe his sister might ...

You just said she was T Abbotts Puppet/Poppet, It's seemingly beyond you to consider her as a free thinking politician..she must be being manipulated by her brother..you said it.

On the subject, Wentworth is probably a great place to run a small l liberal lesbian, she'd have a good run at it and as no way will it swing so far left as labor, and the libs sure need to get someone like her into the ranks, she's be a great choice for the country.

But I can't see the boys in blue ties allowing her pre selection.

8 hours ago, albanyguy said:

I bet he won't be taking any questions from the Murdoch press/media

Heh, they didn't mention it, but the ABC made sure to. :lol:

In a pointed sign, Mr Turnbull did not call on any News Corp journalists to ask questions at his final media conference.

1 hour ago, Bent Sailor said:

Heh, they didn't mention it, but the ABC made sure to. :lol:

I'm glad someone else noticed. Not surprised it was the ABC since he invited Laura Tingle to ask the first question and then sought out Chris Uhlman for the 3rd or 4th, but he wasn't there.

2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

On the subject, Wentworth is probably a great place to run a small l liberal lesbian, she'd have a good run at it and as no way will it swing so far left as labor, and the libs sure need to get someone like her into the ranks, she's be a great choice for the country.

But I can't see the boys in blue ties allowing her pre selection.

She doesn't need to be preselected by the boys in blue ties. Nowhere in that article was there mention of her nominating for Liberal preselection just about nominating for the seat.

12 hours ago, Mid said:

Untitled.jpg.92e2fb9ba96580e4d2ae37156115aabc.jpg

Yep, he's fucked.  Abbott didn't win but the same people are still in charge.

I interrupt this broadcast for a brief non-political statement. Thank you all for your kind words regarding my dad. As I suspected it was a hard task but I got through it and the funeral director said he had never seen so many people laughing and crying at the same time.  I finished by asking everyone to move out of the chapel fairly smartly because the Liberal party had just booked it as they wanted to bury Malcolm Turnbull as quickly as possible. It was a sad yet happy day but fuck me have I got a hangover this morning.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I interrupt this broadcast for a brief non-political statement. Thank you all for your kind words regarding my dad. As I suspected it was a hard task but I got through it and the funeral director said he had never seen so many people laughing and crying at the same time.  I finished by asking everyone to move out of the chapel fairly smartly because the Liberal party had just booked as they wanted to bury Malcolm Turnbull as quickly as possible. It was a sad yet happy day but fuck me have I got a hangover this morning.

Hard job, sounds like you did it well :)

Go sailing and blow away the cobwebs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I finished by asking everyone to move out of the chapel fairly smartly because the Liberal party had just booked as they wanted to bury Malcolm Turnbull as quickly as possible.

outa greens , have an iou :)

• Like 1