• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billy backstay

TRUMP THANKS PUTIN FOR OUSTING US DIPLOMATS

30 posts in this topic

EDIT: Are the people on the right not outraged that Trump would do such a stupid, inane thing??  Dog, TMSail and you other so-called Conservatives, how do you defend this insanity, please?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-putin-diplomats_us_598cc320e4b090964295d76c

Trump Thanks Putin For Kicking Out Diplomats: ‘We’re Going To Save A Lot Of Money’

“I greatly appreciate the fact that we’ve been able to cut our payroll.”

President Donald Trump on Thursday thanked Russian President Vladimir Putin for expelling American diplomats in retaliation for new economic sanctions, saying the staff moves will “save a lot of money” for the U.S.  

“I want to thank him because we’re trying to cut down our payroll, and as far as I’m concerned, I’m very thankful that he let go of a large number of people because now we have a smaller payroll,” Trump told reporters at his golf club in New Jersey, according to a White House pool report. “There’s no real reason for them to go back. I greatly appreciate the fact that we’ve been able to cut our payroll of the United States. We’re going to save a lot of money.”

It’s unclear whether that’s the case. More than two-thirds of U.S. government employees in Russia were foreign nationals ― not American citizens, according to a 2013 State Department report unearthed by The Washington Post. Though the U.S. may have to remove hundreds from its payroll, it’s unlikely anyone would be expelled from the country.

Putin announced last month he would require U.S. diplomatic missions to cut 755 workers, leaving 455 American employees at embassies and consulates in Russia. The State Department report said 333 U.S. citizens were working for the U.S. government in Russia in 2013.

The expulsions quickly followed passage of a bill in Congress imposing new sanctions on Russia as a response to intelligence agencies concluding Russian officials meddled in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Trump reluctantly signed the law last week. It also sanctions Iran and North Korea.

“While I favor tough measures to punish and deter aggressive and destabilizing behavior by Iran, North Korea, and Russia, this legislation is significantly flawed,” Trump said after signing the bill.

American officials had long expected Moscow to retaliate after former President Barack Obama expelled 35 Russian diplomats last year in response to Russia’s interference in the 2016 U.S. election, but the high number of diplomats Putin ordered out of the country came as a surprise.

As HuffPost’s Jessica Schulberg reported, diplomats say this round of expulsions from Russia is reminiscent of when the Soviet Union kicked hundreds of U.S. diplomatic staff from Moscow, creating a burden for the remaining diplomats in keeping the embassies running. 

A White House official attempted to walk back Trump’s comments on Friday, saying the president was “being sarcastic” in his thanks to Putin, according to CBS News’ Margaret Brennan.

This article has been updated with a White House comment from Friday. 

He needs the money we save to build a wall.

Why supply jobs for Furriners

If you guys are serious, you are as crazy as Dolt45!

i believe we have discussed this already.

13 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

i believe we have discussed this already.

It was mentioned in another thread, but I did not see their defense; will go look again, I reckon......

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/346171-former-mueller-deputy-on-trump-government-is-going-to-kill-this-guy

Former Mueller deputy on Trump: 'Government is going to kill this guy'

CNN counterterrorism analyst Phil Mudd warned that President Trump is agitating the government, saying during a Thursday afternoon interview with CNN anchor Jake Tapper that the U.S. government "is going to kill this guy."

Mudd, who served as deputy director to former FBI Director Robert Mueller, said Trump's defense of Russian President Vladimir Putin has compelled federal employees "at Langley, Foggy Bottom, CIA and State" to try to take Trump down.

"Let me give you one bottom line as a former government official. Government is going to kill this guy," Mudd, a staunch critic of Trump, said on "The Lead."

"He defends Vladimir Putin. There are State Department and CIA officers coming home, and at Langley and Foggy Bottom, CIA and State, they’re saying, 'This is how you defend us?' " he continued.

Mudd also broached Trump's recent announcement of a ban on transgender soldiers in the military as another reason some in the government are turning on him. 

"We saw the same thing in his transgender comments. What is the military saying to him on transgender? 'Show us the policy.' You know what that means inside government? 'Ain’t going to happen,' " he said 

Mudd pivoted to a newly revealed July FBI raid on the home of former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort to emphasize his point about the mistrust between the intelligence community and the president. 

"What did the Department of Justice say on Paul Manafort? 'You can say what you want, a judge told us we had cause to search his home early in the morning because we don’t trust the guy who was your campaign manager.' The government is going to kill this guy because he doesn't support them," he concluded. 

Leaks out of the White House and the intelligence community have occurred on a regular basis since Trump took office. 

Many in Washington, including Democrats, expressed concern last week after transcripts of Trump’s phone calls with foreign leaders were leaked to The Washington Post, citing national security concerns. 
“This is beyond the pale and will have a chilling effect going forward on the ability of the commander in chief to have candid discussions with his counterparts,” Ned Price, a former National Security Council official under former President Obama, told The Hill. 

“Granted, the White House contributed to this atmosphere by welcoming the free-for-all environment, where anonymous leaks are commonplace. But we must draw the line somewhere.”

I feel like this has all been covered.

8 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

I feel like this has all been covered.

Sorry, missed your thread five hours ago, I have actually be doing a lot of work today....

12 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Sorry, missed your thread five hours ago, I have actually be doing a lot of work today....

Busy day at the hardware store, eh? ;)

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Busy day at the hardware store, eh? ;)

Yes!  Lots of tools to polish today!

28 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Yes!  Lots of tools to polish today!

Hey, we do that in my line of work too!

I still have not heard anyone from the right reasonably defending him for this crazy stunt?!  The US staffers being sent home are furious with him, and for very good reason.  How can you ask these people to represent and defend a Country whose leader will toss them under the boss, with nary a forethought or care?  It's unfucking believable and indefensible!

12 hours ago, billy backstay said:

I still have not heard anyone from the right reasonably defending him for this crazy stunt?!  The US staffers being sent home are furious with him, and for very good reason.  How can you ask these people to represent and defend a Country whose leader will toss them under the boss, with nary a forethought or care?  It's unfucking believable and indefensible!

Mickey just did! Appears he has nothing BUT BS!

1 hour ago, SV Airlie said:

Mickey just did! Appears he has nothing BUT BS!

jpeg blocked on work computer

2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Mickey posted a bunch of Bulls, probably going to market Billy. You know, something you'd expect him to post!

20 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

I bet you had a peek. :D 

17 minutes ago, SV Airlie said:

Mickey posted a bunch of Bulls

Are you sure? 

It's obvious by now there's going to be one unfortunate, ill-advised remark after another until 2020.  Can't imagine highlighting each one as some sort of revelation. And stupid remarks alone won't get you impeached, just wishful thinking, so what's the point? Haters gonna hate, rabid supporters are going to cling to their faith in Trump - listening to either seems a waste of time.

1 minute ago, MidPack said:

It's obvious by now there's going to be one unfortunate, ill-advised remark after another until 2020.  Can't imagine highlighting each one as some sort of revelation. And stupid remarks alone won't get you impeached, just wishful thinking, so what's the point? Haters gonna hate, rabid supporters are going to cling to their faith in Trump - listening to either seems a waste of time.

This.^^ 

2 minutes ago, MidPack said:

No way is ass-clown going to last until 2020.  Mueller is wrapping up the package as we speak.

4 hours ago, billy backstay said:

No way is ass-clown going to last until 2020.  Mueller is wrapping up the package as we speak.

I don't really care if he does or not but with all due respect, there's no way to know, just more mindless bluster. People said Bill wouldn't finish his term as President, and that Hillary was going to jail for several of her mistakes, and there have been many others. History is littered with smarmy politicians worldwide who never suffered for their lapses in judgement (or worse).

3 minutes ago, MidPack said:

I don't really care if he does or not but with all due respect, there's no way to know, just more mindless bluster. People said Bill wouldn't finish his term as President, and that Hillary was going to jail for several of her mistakes, and there have been many others. History is littered with smarmy politicians worldwide who never suffered for their lapses in judgement (or worse).

I'll wait to hear what Mueller has to say about this when he's ready to tell us! Bill, investigated, it had a conclusion, Hillary has been investigated for years, no conclusion what she did was illegal. Stupid is not illegal.

4 hours ago, SV Airlie said:

I'll wait to hear what Mueller has to say about this when he's ready to tell us! Bill, investigated, it had a conclusion, Hillary has been investigated for years, no conclusion what she did was illegal. Stupid is not illegal.

Mueller didn't bring charges against clinton due to "lack of intent" remember? 

On 8/11/2017 at 11:15 AM, billy backstay said:

EDIT: Are the people on the right not outraged that Trump would do such a stupid, inane thing??  Dog, TMSail and you other so-called Conservatives, how do you defend this insanity, 

We all forget to use the sarcasm font on occasion Billy

13 hours ago, SV Airlie said:

Mickey posted a bunch of Bulls, probably going to market Billy. You know, something you'd expect him to post!

The look like heifers to me

This is a bull

7e9a53f7522ab0da726f1d878c0c55bf--longhorn-cattle-beef-cattle.jpg.9581d665800c176b53443cba95ca3c3b.jpg

And when limited thermonuclear war erupts, Trump thanks you- know-who for help with the social security problem-

10 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:

The good news is it'll mean the end of the global warming debate.

Even a 'limited' nuclear war could trigger cruel nuclear winters and global famine.

That article assumes more smoke would rise from a burning city than is rising from the massive wild-fires the West has every summer. The nuke winter scenario assumes a butt-load of ground bursts tossing yuuuuge amounts of dust up, but against cities they will be air bursts...just like in the good ol' days of 46.