• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sean

#UnitetheRight

922 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

I'd say you're one of the most principled  conservatives here.  You're just wrong on this issue :rolleyes:

This :)

I amt still trying to sort out my beliefs based on my expanded understanding of just how many violent racists we still have in the US. I have to admit, I was a bit pollyanish in my earlier beliefs that we had largely moved past this. Clearly, we have not. I understand and respect the need for the 1st amendment, however there is a line here when talking about people pretty clearly gearing up for violence as we saw in Charlottesville. They were not exercising their right of free speech, they were terrorists who were given far too long a leash. That is easier to see in hindsight of course, however with that benefit now it is hard to argue they were anything else.

I will say that I am starting to think twice about bringing my family into Trump territory here in PA. Driving through those parts, I am seeing more and more confederate flags, which makes about as much sense as tits on a bull, unless of course it is a revived symbol of racism and not simply part of our history. That is frightening, particularly since my family is part of the group they hate and it is becoming increasingly difficult to differentiate between harmless asshole and dangerous terrorist when looking at them.

Maybe it is time to get a boat again and spend some time (as in years) at sea, here on land things are pretty fucked right now. To my east are people who think I am a dangerous knuckledragging trumptard because I own guns and hunt, and to my west are people who think we are enemies of America for having the audacity to be a mixed immigrant family. Sadly, I don't see it getting any better.

16 minutes ago, BrickTopHarry said:

b42.jpg

That's awesome.  Muchas gracias!   

1 minute ago, Clove Hitch said:

That's awesome.  Muchas gracias!   

This one's even better.

7019464.jpg?396

5 hours ago, LenP said:

Maybe it is time to get a boat again and spend some time (as in years) at sea, here on land things are pretty fucked right now. To my east are people who think I am a dangerous knuckledragging trumptard because I own guns and hunt, and to my west are people who think we are enemies of America for having the audacity to be a mixed immigrant family. Sadly, I don't see it getting any better.

Come to the cruising side. We have rum.

Though I must say, in these times being out of the US leaves me with very mixed feelings. On one hand, I'm spared the daily shitstorm, people walking around with guns, waving confederate flags and all that. On the other, I feel like I could be and should be doing more to resist what is going on. Phone banking and attending protests is a little tough from the far side of the world, and there's only so much money available to send to causes and elections. And of course there are the constant questions and discussions with foreigners about Trump.

Of course, we're all lily white and in no immediate danger from the white supremacists unless I open my loud mouth. I understand your concerns with your own family - to the west of you I'm sure there are a lot of people that would be upset to see many shades of skin exiting the same minivan.

Of course, if you go cruising you probably want to leave the guns behind, but that's a completely different discussion about pragmatism, not rights...

18 hours ago, LenP said:

I am seeing more and more confederate flags,

That is really concerning.  Looks like some big civil conflicts before this settles down.   The US has form in killing fellow citizens.  Could happen again as these people are as crazy as a cut snake ... and they have guns.

16 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

when-you-hear-that-nazis-are-marching-in

Should have probably remembered it before 1986, when it could have still been legally registered. He's asking for a lot of trouble if the caption is true. I doubt it is.

18 hours ago, LenP said:

To my east are people who think I am a dangerous knuckledragging trumptard because I own guns and hunt, and to my west are people who think we are enemies of America for having the audacity to be a mixed immigrant family. Sadly, I don't see it getting any better.

You're pretty objectionable to everyone. It's one of my favorite things about you.

15 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Come to the cruising side. We have rum.

Though I must say, in these times being out of the US leaves me with very mixed feelings. On one hand, I'm spared the daily shitstorm, people walking around with guns, waving confederate flags and all that. On the other, I feel like I could be and should be doing more to resist what is going on. Phone banking and attending protests is a little tough from the far side of the world, and there's only so much money available to send to causes and elections. And of course there are the constant questions and discussions with foreigners about Trump.

Of course, we're all lily white and in no immediate danger from the white supremacists unless I open my loud mouth. I understand your concerns with your own family - to the west of you I'm sure there are a lot of people that would be upset to see many shades of skin exiting the same minivan.

Of course, if you go cruising you probably want to leave the guns behind, but that's a completely different discussion about pragmatism, not rights...

Bringing guns cruising would be a lot like towing a sailboat to go ilk hunting. Doesn't make any sense to me. In some ways, I am probably in as good a location as we can be. Rural enough that hunting is considered normal, and yet it is also the most diverse county in the state. We will see how things play out, there are days when I am more than ready to chuck it all, buy a boat, and set sail. Biggest concern is how that would work for my three year old.

2 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

You're pretty objectionable to everyone. It's one of my favorite things about you.

I am glad someone appreciates it, I have been nurturing my objectionableness for nearly 50 years now. 

From the land of the rightwing whackos, Nazis and "Preppers"..... Comes..... Zollinger the avenger! (Cue patriotic music)

We need to ban Alt-right /Nazi marriage 

we need separate bathrooms for them

keep them out of schools, Boy Scouts, 

set up de programming camps where they are beaten until they become Republicans and Democrats 

stone them

raise their taxes

make them sail Mac26 with no motors  and no sunscreen 

make them read all SV Airlie and Moderate's posts. 

On 8/21/2017 at 9:30 AM, LenP said:

I am glad someone appreciates it, I have been nurturing my objectionableness for nearly 50 years now. 

And that will serve you in good stead if you do get a boat. It's always the right time to get a boat!

-DSK

31 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

We need to ban Alt-right /Nazi marriage 

we need separate bathrooms for them

keep them out of schools, Boy Scouts, 

set up de programming camps where they are beaten until they become Republicans and Democrats 

stone them

raise their taxes

I was with you right to that last step. That's just going too far, and is against the Geneva Convention

-DSK

I raced Snipes on Lake Seneca near  Geneva on the Lake in the  early sixties . We may have stayed at Geneva on the Lake ... I really don't remember 

Does that count as a convention?? 

14 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Jesus FUCK, you're cruel and inhumane!  :lol:

On 8/21/2017 at 11:28 PM, LenP said:

Bringing guns cruising would be a lot like towing a sailboat to go ilk hunting. Doesn't make any sense to me. In some ways, I am probably in as good a location as we can be. Rural enough that hunting is considered normal, and yet it is also the most diverse county in the state. We will see how things play out, there are days when I am more than ready to chuck it all, buy a boat, and set sail. Biggest concern is how that would work for my three year old.

Your three year old would love it. There are a good number of young kids out in the places where cruisers accumulate seasonally in the Caribbean. Not so much for teenagers in the South Pacific, but there are always little ones about, it seems.

Guns and cruising are a hot button topic on any cruising group or forum. It's weird how it breaks out, with about 95+% of the Pro cruising-with-guns crowd being American wannabe cruisers who have never cleared a boat into a foreign port...