• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sean

#UnitetheRight

922 posts in this topic

North Korea vs US; check

Trump threatens military action in Venezuela; check

Charlottesville; check

Where's 2 Scoops? At the country club; check

Next week ought to be a doozy.

3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Is the Alt-Right a terrorist movement?

It will be interesting to see if that driver was following orders or if he was a loner.

1 minute ago, jerseyguy said:

North Korea vs US; check

Trump threatens military action in Venezuela; check

Charlottesville; check

Where's 2 Scoops? At the country club; check

Next week ought to be a doozy.

Doocy...... I think he spells his name Steve Doocy......

Put the nazis up against a wall and shoot them.  

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

It will be interesting to see if that driver was following orders or if he was a loner.

I'm guessing lone idiot.   Looking at murder 1 on multiple counts. 

I like my Nazi's the old fashioned way, hunkered down in a bunker 55 ft below the surface eating their guns while American soldiers free their victims and clean up their mess.

1 minute ago, TMSAIL said:

Gropenfuhrer wants him to be given equal consideration with the people who used their bodies to  dent his car 

I'm going to guess that you're right. However, there was only one fatality in that event. The other two were a helicopter incident that the police haven't yet explained was part of the rally.

Primary Elections have consequences 

IMG_3262.JPG

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I'm going to guess that you're right. However, there was only one fatality in that event. The other two were a helicopter incident that the police haven't yet explained was part of the rally.

One count murder one, multiple attempted. Lots of potential charges.  

One count murder one, multiple attempted. Lots of potential charges.  

He'll be the alt-right hero of whatever prison he ends up in.

6 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

He'll be the alt-right hero of whatever prison he ends up in.

Put him in a nice southern Texas private facility with no air conditioning and lots of detained illegals. 

1 hour ago, Moderate said:

Linky?

On 4chan, once a thread falls off the board's main page, it's gone.  Any thread I would have linked, is already gone. By now, they've moved on to the usual trolling, rude memes, false-flag theories, epater les bourgeois shock humor, and such. 

But if you insist... this is the main page:

https://boards.4chan.org/pol/catalog

I guess the Sunday talk shows will be interesting, interesting to see who feeds the best bullshit about today. It will be like a huge sale of Maytag extractors spinning at full throttle.

49 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

What the hell is darth vader doing in Charlottesville?

1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

So she says.    Did you miss that both groups used pepper spray on each other?   

Regardless no damage to property so I'll call a brawl between to groups a draw as far as blame goes

I saw some video, earlier, on twitter, that's VERY relevant.  Might take me a bit to find it again.

Short version is, the antifas around the statue are WAY outnumbered; both sides know it, both sides act like it.

5 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

What the hell is darth vader doing in Charlottesville?

If only they had been outfitted in white.  

3 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Looks like David Duke saw Trumps comments as a condemnation of his group. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/david-duke-strikes-out-at-trump-for-condemning-charlottesville-rally-2017-8

here is hoping Trump responds in his usual manner 

Good, I didn't see it that way and neither did Storm Front, but David Duke will be spouting the usual nonsense tomorrow and hopefully, Trump will have to clarify his words to an even stronger condemnation.

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

20729579_1262205833905763_53440447101600

Well, there you go.  We have such a pernicious piece of shit for a President. 

Some more like this from Rubio, McCain and others.  Ryan with the mealymouthed equivalence just like Trump.

The car's driver has been identified as 20-year-old James Alex Fields from Ohio. His family weeps tonight for a life lost.wasted.

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Loser.

I note that the police, (who didn't arrive for 7 minutes) say they don't think it was deliberate, the driver was just scared)

So scared in fact, that he reversed again at speed and didn't show up to the police station to report it.

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

I note that the police, (who didn't arrive for 7 minutes) say they don't think it was deliberate, the driver was just scared)

So scared in fact, that he reversed again at speed and didn't show up to the police station to report it.

No the current statement from the Charlottesville police chief does not reflect what you just wrote.

Just now, Mrleft8 said:

Loser.

I know you made that comment as a play on words, but isn't that the sum of what this is? We are arguing in different directions over this; one side is speaking free speech, the other is condemning racial hatred. The argument we are missing is one side is trying to amass an army and build a political movement. Being silent over that or supporting it as a free speech issue, or defending it as a supporter of the president is being complicit in the building of hate, there is no other way to color that.

The driver was just doing a Gropenfuhrer's work 

Kinda figured he'd have a 3 part name....

I'm just surprised that the middle name wasn't Lee or Mohamed.

9 minutes ago, BrickTopHarry said:

No the current statement from the Charlottesville police chief does not reflect what you just wrote.

My Bad..I just scanned the first on google

http://coed.com/2017/08/12/james-alex-fields-jr-charlottesville-suspect-arrest-driver-rams-car-into-protesters-white-nationalist-rally-counter-protest-injuries/

They quoted Taylor Lorenz from The Hill ..usually reliableish :)

Just now, Shortforbob said:

My Bad..I just scanned the first on google

http://coed.com/2017/08/12/james-alex-fields-jr-charlottesville-suspect-arrest-driver-rams-car-into-protesters-white-nationalist-rally-counter-protest-injuries/

They quoted Taylor Lorenz from The Hill ..usually reliableish :)

Yeah I actually saw that comment she made on her twitter account also.  It's interesting because this is the second place I saw someone repeat that misinformation due to to what she said which I understand she has walked back since.  It just illustrates how quickly MISinformation can spread through social media, even with good intensions.

Strong statement there Mr. Vice President -

Karen & I saddened by the loss of lives in Charlottesville. Thoughts & prayers w/ families of officers & young woman.Also w/ injured victims

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Karen & I saddened by the loss of lives in Charlottesville. Thoughts & prayers w/ families of officers & young woman.Also w/ injured victims

Looks good to me

27 minutes ago, Legion of Modernrate Jack said:

Funny as that show.

8 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Funny as that show.

I was hoping to find a "not black enough" skit in isolation. Bizzaro seeing mean killers from drama... being all slut! rofl

I wonder how Congress will get Jeff Sessions to cooperate?

"Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) called on the Department of Justice to investigate a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va. that turned violent and left three dead and dozens injured. 

"The Nazis, the KKK, and white supremacists are repulsive and evil, and all of us have a moral obligation to speak out against the lies, bigotry, ant-semitism, and hatred that they propagate," Cruz said in a statement. 

Having watched the horrifying video of the car deliberately crashing into a crowd of protesters, I urge the Department of Justice to immediately investigate and prosecute this grotesque act of domestic terrorism," he continued."

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/346364-cruz-calls-for-doj-investigation-into-charlottesville-violence

I wonder how Congress will get Jeff Sessions to cooperate?

"Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) called on the Department of Justice to investigate a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va. that turned violent and left three dead and dozens injured. 

"The Nazis, the KKK, and white supremacists are repulsive and evil, and all of us have a moral obligation to speak out against the lies, bigotry, ant-semitism, and hatred that they propagate," Cruz said in a statement. 

Having watched the horrifying video of the car deliberately crashing into a crowd of protesters, I urge the Department of Justice to immediately investigate and prosecute this grotesque act of domestic terrorism," he continued."

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/346364-cruz-calls-for-doj-investigation-into-charlottesville-violence

3 ?

Just now, Moderate said:

3 ?

2 dead in a helicopter incident but no one has explained how it is linked.

15 minutes ago, Legion of Modernrate Jack said:

I was hoping to find a "not black enough" skit in isolation. Bizzaro seeing mean killers from drama... being all slut! rofl

this one?

For the record. When will Donald Trump use the words "White Nationalist Terrorism?"

Ok....

Ill wait to see linkage it seems premature

this one?

Ah cheers, the two highway patrol guys busting a brother and finding a delta goodrem cd, is my fave.

59 minutes ago, Sean said:

Why be surprised.  During the heyday of the  Klan in the 1920s, Indiana had more members than any other state.

2 hours ago, frenchie said:

I saw some video, earlier, on twitter, that's VERY relevant.  Might take me a bit to find it again.

Short version is, the antifas around the statue are WAY outnumbered; both sides know it, both sides act like it.

5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Without the protest, they wouldn't have been flying in the first place.

4 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Bit different from the Berkeley scene, how refreshing!!

Wow! The first sample of Texan politicians shows the state I suspected would stand more with the alt right, is overwhelmingly in favor of eliminating racism in politics. 

Here's how Texas officials are responding to the news from Virginia:

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, called for the Department of Justice to investigate the incident as an "act of domestic terrorism." 

“These bigots want to tear our country apart, but they will fail,” Cruz said in a statement. “America is far better than this.”

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said on Twitter he was praying for Charlottesville. 

"We must stand against all who try to divide us with hatred and bigotry," Patrick said.

House Speaker Joe Straus called the rallies "un-American."

"We grieve for the Charlottesville victims [and] fiercely reject the views [and] actions of white supremacist groups," Straus said.

On Twitter, U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke, D-El Paso, tweeted: "We are so much better than the small-minded racism, intolerance & hatred that the citizens of #Charlottesville are standing up to."

"U.S. Rep. Pete Sessions, R-Dallas, condemned the actions on Twitter: "The racist white supremacist actions in Charlottesville are completely horrendous," he said.

Other lawmakers requested prayer.

"Please join me in sending prayers to Charlottesville," U.S. Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Heath, said. "This hateful violence is deeply saddening and must be condemned in the strongest terms."

U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-San Antonio said the incident "should be treated for what it is, terrorism."

U.S. Rep. Will Hurd, R-Helotes, called for a moment of silence for Charlottesville during a town hall Saturday afternoon in Helotes. "There's no role for racism or bigotry in the United States of America," he said.

U.S. Rep. Lloyd Doggett, D-Austin, called the violence "alarming" and "disturbing." "Our country cannot succumb to this hatred," Doggett said.

U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Houston, criticized the President's response on Twitter and then offered her sympathy to "those injured during this terrible demonstration and to the family of the deceased."

U.S. Rep. Jeb Hensarling, R-Dallas, said: "I’ve never been more concerned [about] the tenor of political debate in America [and] how we treat each other." Hensarling called for peace.

U.S. Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Austin, condemned the violence. "It does not define us as Americans," McCaul said.

Joining the long list of Texas lawmakers condemning the violence Saturday afternoon were U.S. Rep. John Culberson, R-Houston, U.S. Rep. Roger Williams, R-Austin, U.S. Rep. Pete Olson, R-Sugar Land, and U.S. Rep. Michael Burgess, R-Lewisville. 

Patrick Svitek contributed to this report.

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/08/12/heres-what-texas-officials-are-saying-about-charlottesville/

4 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Without the protest, they wouldn't have been flying in the first place.

Following that line of reasoning we should blame thier mothers. If they hadnt been born...

Being there? Yeah..bit of a stretch.

This event may be a watershed moment, where we see the folks serious about being elected look at public and wider sentiment and become a serious mob to vote for, unless your hate is strong enough to survive anything balanced.

6 minutes ago, Moderate said:

How did the rally/protest cause the crash?

combustion motors require air, so many mouth breathers in close proximity caused engine failure!

18 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Bit different from the Berkeley scene, how refreshing!!

But not that different from the late eighties scene  -  at least in Montreal and Vancouver  -  skinheads vs punks.

Much larger scale, though.  Racism and antifa, have both become much more mainstream; and/or, much more organized. 

Back in my day, these fights would only involve half-a-dozen on each side, max.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

FIFY 

5 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

FIFY 

Cmon gouv, they all went there looking to fight. I find it refreshing that fellow americans take our political future to heart

10 minutes ago, frenchie said:

But not that different from the late eighties scene  -  at least in Montreal and Vancouver  -  skinheads vs punks.

Much larger scale, though.  Racism and antifa, have both become much more mainstream; and/or, much more organized. 

Back in my day, these fights would only involve half-a-dozen on each side, max.

Really apart from that murderous moronic pinhead..I thought for a protest it was pretty civilised..as most US protests are.

Just now, badlatitude said:

Her name was Heather Heyer and she was too young to die.

HEeAsxC.jpg

She went looking for a fight.

She found one

Just now, Moderate said:

She found one

I think you have that backwards. She went to protest and found a maniac.

I think you have that backwards. She went to protest and found a maniac.

No,

I think they all went there either looking for a fight or damn well knowing one would break out.

Dont try to hide behind that ginger smile

Just now, Moderate said:

No,

I think they all went there either looking for a fight or damn well knowing one would break out.

You make me laugh, one does not go to a protest armed to the teeth as the alt-right did today. It was clear who was gunning for trouble and they found it. I think by next week Trump will have his hands full keeping his alt-right buddies, Miller, Gorka, and Bannon employed.

10 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Cmon gouv, they all went there looking to fight. I find it refreshing that fellow americans take our political future to heart

You are equating being attacked by a mad terrorist in a racing automobile with coming to wave signs an yell?

really??

you cannot be serious.

or

You are stark raving mad. 

1 minute ago, Gouvernail said:

You are equating being attacked by a mad terrorist in a racing automobile with coming to wave signs an yell?

really??

you cannot be serious.

or

I see things from a different perspective

7 minutes ago, Moderate said:

No,

Good god!!! This is what one of Gropenfuhrer's more informed and literate base members has to say. What must the more average  members  of the Kakistocracy be thinking and saying.

Holeee shit!!!!

5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

You make me laugh, one does not go to a protest armed to the teeth as the alt-right did today. It was clear who was gunning for trouble and they found it. I think by next week Trump will have his hands full keeping his alt-right buddies, Miller, Gorka, and Bannon employed.

2 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

really??

you cannot be serious.

or

He's trolling Gouv, and doing a lousy job of it. The reception I've seen from just Republicans is astonishing and if this grows legs, Trump will have to dump his alt-right supporters or be in deep trouble with his own Senate and House. 

She found one

Fuck you and your pathetic viewpoint.   Natzi simpathizer.

From a Natzi sympathetic viewpoint.   Fuck YOU.

1 minute ago, Moderate said:

That may be the number one  understatement of the 1,086,132 posts in this forum 

1 minute ago, solosailor said:

From a Natzi sympathetic sheathed viewpoint.   Fuck YOU.

He's trolling Gouv, and doing a lousy job of it. The reception I've seen from just Republicans is astonishing and if this grows legs, Trump will have to dump his alt-right supporters or be in deep trouble with his own Senate and House. 

:mehthis:

He'd blame a dead  baby for the cost of it's pauper's funeral if he could get a rise out of you.

Moderate has just earned a spot on my ignore list. I really have to figure out how to operate the new system and get asshats  Dabnis and Moderate the hell off my screen 

:mehthis:

He'd blame a dead  baby for the cost of it's pauper's funeral if he could get a rise out of you.

He's just not that good. However, I will probably never get over the fact that we belong to the same species. Hard to believe, in fact.

7 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Gimme a break. The Sunday shows will carry it but by Monday the news cycle will have moved on.

1 minute ago, Gouvernail said:

Moderate has just earned a spot on my ignore list. I really have to figure out how to operate the new system and get asshats  Dabnis and Moderate the hell off my screen 

Just hover your mouse over their avatar and a pop up will appear asking you if you want to ignore them. It really could not be simpler.

3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Just hover your mouse over their avatar and a pop up will appear asking you if you want to ignore them. It really could not be simpler.

We should all live in echo chambers. Its so much safer than having your opinion challenged

I just fixed up my entire ignore list. There is a new feature "ignore mentions." I am curious how adding that will play out. 

Last time i edited the list this place became infinitely nicer.  There are righties who love to engage and I find them to be interesting. Sometimes I learn things from some of them.

the ones on my ignore list are those who simply rabble rouse and never have anything worth reading 

and fools I simply can no longer suffer.

1 minute ago, Moderate said:

We should all live in echo chambers. Its so much safer than having your opinion challenged

Suggestion: You could use Word or any other software program for that matter, to edit your responses of unnecessary material. The evidence that you are a blithering nincompoop will still be available to everyone who reads you, but they will be able to access it ever so much more rapidly.

Why not just ignore them.. It's fun to play cat and mouse.

9 minutes ago, Moderate said:

As you know very well, it's one thing responding to a reasonable and civilised opposing POW, quite another to indulge trolls.

What amuses me is your limited imagination and "Shirley high pants" attacks :rolleyes:

:slapfiht:

6 minutes ago, Moderate said:

I quoted you one time so Gouv can see one last flailing attempt to troll him. He has just announced his placement of you on his ignore list. You must have really come off to him as a totally useless waste of oxygen. He willingly reads posts from all but 0.01% of the forum members.

Perhaps you should do some introspection about why Gouvernail would place you in the same category as SVairlie, Poopie Pants, and Folding Prop.

No one could possibly be a proud member of that group. 

Bye Bye!!!

Ok, was sailing all day, really good day on the water, and catch a little news on the way home. Jesus.

mr president, a quick lesson. Tiki/swastika carrying fucktards are bad. Period. I never ever ever thought I'd say this, but listen to Ted.

and Moderate, fuck you.

6 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

I remember when people around here thought that a person driving into a crowd of people with the intent of harming/killing people based on their political beliefs was to be called a "terrorist". I note the lack of those people now saying the same thing. 

5 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

I remember when people around here thought that a person driving into a crowd of people with the intent of harming/killing people based on their political beliefs was to be called a "terrorist". I note the lack of those people now saying the same thing. 

Radical Republican Terrorists !!! We need to identify the red states where they are becoming radicalized and bomb the hell out of them!! 

8 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

I'm guessing lone wolf terrorist.   Looking at murder 1 on multiple counts. 

FTFY

Its interesting.... I listened to the news story on NPR this morning about the car attack on the crowd of anti-demonstration demonstrators and they were almost totally silent on the suspects' motives or background.  I then got to the office and scoured the news sources and saw that the MSM is barely even mentioning in passing the fact that the suspect was in custody but zero about his background or motives.  Usually, if someone is THAT full of hate to driver their car into a crowd - they leave tons of fingerprints all over social media and elsewhere that indicates they are a right wing racist white supremacist like the Charleston shooter fukwit did.  I'm pretty sure the press dove into his facebook and other background like flies on a steaming pile of shit on a July day and had all the scoop on roofie boy before the bodies in the church were even cold.  

However, what I did notice was that once the media got past the obligatory blurb about the driver being in custody, the rest was paragraphs full of innuendo that the driver MUST be linked to the right wing demonstrators.  

It might very well turn out he is linked to the alt-right.  But I am continually amazed how the press can tell a story and shape opinion without even knowing the facts just in the way they present something or in what they leave out.  

Edit  - they have identified him so it's just a matter of time for that to flow out.

11 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

15 minutes..cops arrive at about 7, national guard, firies around 10, Where's the fucking ambulances? 

When are we going to DO SOMETHING to limit access to the tools used by crazy people bent on terrorism?

3 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

When are we going to DO SOMETHING to limit access to the tools used by crazy people bent on terrorism?

Maybe they should only be for use in the home?

<quickly runs away...>

11 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

Edit  - they have identified him so it's just a matter of time for that to flow out.

He told his mother he was going to a protest in VA a few days before.

2 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

Maybe they should only be for use in the home?

<quickly runs away...>

People will be extremely disappointed to learn that an attached garage is not part of the home and they must bust the thing through a wall.

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

He told his mother he was going to a protest in VA a few days before.

Yea, I saw her comments - including the 'albright' stuff :)