• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
badlatitude

Trump's Two Main CEO Councils Disband in Wake of His Controversial Comments

By Washington Post Staff August 16 at 1:24 PM

"President Trump’s two major councils of top CEOs disbanded Wednesday in the wake of his controversial remarks over the recent racially-charged violence in Charlottesville, Va.

Several corporate leaders had announced they were resigning from the President’s Strategic and Policy Forum as well as a separate manufacturing council in recent days after Trump was slow to condemn white supremacy groups.

But on Twitter, Trump said it was his decision to disband both councils. “Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum. I am ending both,” he tweeted."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/08/16/trumps-two-main-ceo-councils-disband-in-wake-of-his-controversial-charlottesville-remarks/?pushid=59947fdef92fa41c0000001e&tid=notifi_push_breaking-news&utm_term=.d7d8a0e3a283

I did like how he claimed they left out of "embarrassment" because they weren't manufacturing in the US.  

His direct quote - "Some of the folks that will leave, they're leaving out of embarrassment because they make their products outside".

I guess his products, and those of his daughter's company, don't count.  Fucking hypocrite.

If he loses the Chamber of Commerce he's in trouble.  That takes some doing to accomplish that.  He will likely need more than the "Send Someone Else's Kids to War!" and the "Kill the Nigras and the Jews!" factions to keep Ryan and McConnell gee-golly-shucks-ing and looking the other way.  

McConnell, and Ryan are still on vacation... It's just the loser Trump who went back to DC.

Wonder if and when members of the Administration going to start submitting their resignations

7 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Wonder if and when members of the Administration going to start submitting their resignations

You mean aside from the ones who already have, or have been fired?

12 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

www.latimes.com/.../la-na-pol-trump-firings-resignations

5 minutes ago, Go Left said:

www.latimes.com/.../la-na-pol-trump-firings-resignations

bad linky

14 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

You mean aside from the ones who already have, or have been fired?

Yup

47 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

They knew what they were working for when they started.

They didn't realize he'd go public with it, and I'm guessing they're hoping there will be another

twitter-worthy event that will take the heat off of this incident.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/why-top-members-trumps-team-still-havent-resigned?cid=sm_fb_maddow

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Shameful that lying comes so naturally to our President. This can't end soon enough.  

That's just the way people talk in NY real estate, from what I hear. 

5 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That's just the way people talk in NY real estate, from what I hear. 

Hey, I resemble that remark. 

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Shameless fucking liar. 

I think he lies just for the practice. 

the people that matter to him, will believe him.

6 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Bus - I agree w/ya - but, The Hill?   

I didn't post the link. I did see, however, several stories about folks bailing, only to have President Trump claim it was his doing. It was bullshit then, it's bullshit now. 

14 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

What's wrong with the Hill?

I find many of their headlines and perspectives to be sensationalized crap, with the substance of the article poorly supporting the headline.  Admission: I'm not a regular reader, didn't even know about the publication until a few weeks ago when someone shared another of their articles. 

That President Trump sure knows how to get things done.

Trump's crisis spurs talk of White House departures

“A lot of us joined this administration thinking we could bring to it the experience and expertise that the president didn’t have an opportunity to gain in his business career, and to encourage some restraint in what he says publicly and to our allies,” said one senior official who is contemplating whether to resign.

"After yesterday, it’s clear that there is no way for anyone, even a Marine general, to restrain his (Trump's) impulses or counter what he sees on TV and reads on the web."

We were assured by the faithful that he would behave more Precedential(sic) once he was crowned elected.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

That President Trump sure knows how to get things done.

Trump's crisis spurs talk of White House departures

“A lot of us joined this administration thinking we could bring to it the experience and expertise that the president didn’t have an opportunity to gain in his business career, and to encourage some restraint in what he says publicly and to our allies,” said one senior official who is contemplating whether to resign.

"After yesterday, it’s clear that there is no way for anyone, even a Marine general, to restrain his (Trump's) impulses or counter what he sees on TV and reads on the web."

We were assured by the faithful that he would behave more Precedential(sic) once he was crowned elected.

Hope would be a better description.  That hope has been dashed, unfortunately. 

Just now, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Hope would be a better description.  That hope has been dashed, unfortunately. 

"Hope" would be the word used by those who supported him.  Gives new life to "Hope and Change", eh?

"Assured" was the sentiment given to those of us who had more than our share of doubts.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

"Hope" would be the word used by those who supported him.  Gives new life to "Hope and Change", eh?

"Assured" was the sentiment given to those of us who had more than our share of doubts.

Not exactly - I didn't support him, and I still hoped that his behavior would change to reflect the seriousness of the responsibilities of the office. New life?  yeah - my hope was that the shitshow that we have now wouldn't come to be.  

1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Not exactly - I didn't support him, and I still hoped that his behavior would change to reflect the seriousness of the responsibilities of the office. New life?  yeah - my hope was that the shitshow that we have now wouldn't come to be.  

Not saying you supported him.  Those who DID support him, did so with the assurance to those opposed that he would change.  I think they were hoping he would.

15 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Related image

Not even CLOSE.

All my Trump supporting buds are still 100% for him. They think CNN and the rest of the "Liberal Fake Media" are out to get him and either make shit up or freak out over things that are totally normal.

Just in the last couple of days I learned that the guy that ran the girl over in Charlotte was an AntiFa plant and that Obama also said the KKK marchers were not all bad. YCMTSU

9 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Not even CLOSE.

All my Trump supporting buds are still 100% for him. They think CNN and the rest of the "Liberal Fake Media" are out to get him and either make shit up or freak out over things that are totally normal.

Just in the last couple of days I learned that the guy that ran the girl over in Charlotte was an AntiFa plant and that Obama also said the KKK marchers were not all bad. YCMTSU

Most of my Customers here in a Mil-Spec factory are the same, and these are Union guys.

39 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

You are describing every marriage where the sweet girl marries the hot looking but raging asshole guy and then gets all weepy when he stays that way :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Most of my Customers here in a Mil-Spec factory are the same, and these are Union guys.

Just the other day:

Me: Do your union buddies think it is good you support Trump?

Union member buddy: Well they give me shit sometimes, but would you rather have Trump or a LYING CUNT!

There is no rational thought going on, if Trump wanted to kill all union members plenty of them would hold a fund drive to buy guns and ammunition and paint targets on themselves :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

You are describing every marriage where the sweet girl marries the hot looking but raging asshole guy and then gets all weepy when he stays that way :rolleyes:

Perhaps - except for the fact that we're all stuck with him, even if we didn't walk down the aisle w/him. 

3 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Perhaps - except for the fact that we're all stuck with him, even if we didn't walk down the aisle w/him. 

Walk down the aisle?  Hell many of us didn't date him, didn't return his creepy phone calls, and warned our friends about him.  For all the good it did.

46 minutes ago, SV Airlie said:

For how long should be a question people should ask. Regardless to Trump's deflections, Mueller is still plodding along on his investigation.

Let's hope the indictments come sooner!!

1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Just the other day:

Me: Do your union buddies think it is good you support Trump?

Union member buddy: Well they give me shit sometimes, but would you rather have Trump or a LYING CUNT!

There is no rational thought going on, if Trump wanted to kill all union members plenty of them would hold a fund drive to buy guns and ammunition and paint targets on themselves :rolleyes:

Yup, it's really something.  We've really transformed into a post-fact country.  

Trump, being such media genius, must be slipping -  he forgot to say 'YOU'RE FIRED!!!!'

Proof the situation is just beginning to get to him.  Leeetle bit.  Tiny bit.  

Sense of humor disappearing......   poof........

Yeah, I liked the "They didn't quit, I fired them" aspect to that situation.

Andrew Coyne, a columnist here and not exactly a leftie, wrote a column today titled "No Excuses Possible For Trump Now" that basically trashed the fools and thugs who still support him. "what was indefensible has become culpable".

He had a great new description of him "This incontinent simpleton". :D

Trumps main accomplishment so far is making the world safe again for racists and Nazi's - they are coming out of the woodwork here now as well. There is an anti-Muslim rally planned for Saturday at city hall and a big and growing "anti rally" planned to counter them.

Methinks some heads are going to get broken.

23 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Related image

If only, he seems to be almost indestructible. Nothing he does gets him any closer to stopping.