• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Grrr...

America's Cup 34 Videos have been pulled from youtube.

45 posts in this topic

I guess now that Oracle lost, they're taking their toys and going home?  All the races that were posted officially on youtube for the 34th (the first with the foiling cats...) are gone.

Possible they lost the rights to them with the hand over to ETNZ and are just making sure they are not liable for copyright breach?

Nothing to do with ETNZ - Oracle just wanted to get rid of the evidence from the AC35 drubbing including Spithill telling Burling how he should be sailing his boat at the end of the Qualifier media conference.

3 minutes ago, robberzdog said:

Nothing to do with ETNZ - Oracle just wanted to get rid of the evidence from the AC35 drubbing including Spithill telling Burling how he should be sailing his boat at the end of the Qualifier media conference.

Re read the thread title . 

40 minutes ago, maxmini said:

Sssshhhh! Don't muddy the water with facts.

16 hours ago, maxmini said:

They didn't want to be reminded that their win in AC34 has an asterisk on it :P

4 hours ago, Indio said:

They didn't want to be reminded that their win in AC34 has an asterisk on it :P

you are correct old tin hat man :)

The only asterisk that everyone but you would acknowledge will be this one . 

*   " Biggest comeback in the history of sport "

21 hours ago, maxmini said:

Yes they took down AC34 (all including racing) and AC35 (media conferences, Previews and Reviews etc). And made sure no racing content was anywhere including purging all the pirate copies they could find. A great legacy lost.

Was mentioned ages ago on other thread.

If only there were a NZherald hack who trolls around here to pick up the story & ask relevant parties WTF is going on...

18 hours ago, hoom said:

Was mentioned ages ago on other thread.

If only there were a NZherald hack who trolls around here to pick up the story & ask relevant parties WTF is going on...

Hopefully the new website team will provide links on the coming AC36 site, to the previous AC35 material. That's what happened last time it got replaced - although without missing a beat in that instance, perhaps because the same company had been retained by ACEA.

And hopefully the YT channel didn't get lost to an alert domain-name claimer, if it expired.

comms underway with google to try and get the seven (!) years of YT material restored. Cunts.

5 hours ago, AKL wino said:

comms underway with google to try and get the seven (!) years of YT material restored. Cunts.

:huh: yeah, good luck with that

What about wayback machine? The fuckers.

oracle's doing a bunch of weird shit with the IP, and some of it seems to be in violation of several trustee duties. 

^ How can you determine who is doing what atm?

4 hours ago, nav said:

^ How can you determine who is doing what atm?

He has video of it :) 

too soon ?

2 hours ago, maxmini said:

He has video of it :) 

too soon ?

Is it Monday already? ;)

1 hour ago, Tropical Madness said:

I downloaded them all. Can re-upload :)

Do it but avoid titles that'll get them taken down, please. 

Last night I re-watched the first 5 mins of all the final races.  Awesome.  Really enjoyed seeing it all happen again.

The more I watch the more of an absolute spanking OR got.  They never had a chance in hell

On 24/08/2017 at 1:49 PM, maxmini said:

you are correct old tin hat man :)

The only asterisk that everyone but you would acknowledge will be this one . 

*   " Biggest comeback in the history of sport "

Nah mate you must have missed it -  the biggest comeback was ETNZs AC35 win after all the shit and games during and after AC34!

;-)

9 hours ago, Tropical Madness said:

I downloaded them all. Can re-upload :)

Could you create a torrent so those that care can ensure there are multiple copies of the full library?

I have 5,6,7,8 and 9 (Days 3,4 and 5) of the AC, And Day1, 2 and 3 of the playoff finals. Just looking for races 1,2,3 and 4 of the cup finals (Day 1 and 2) if anyone has them.

On 8/26/2017 at 7:34 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

oracle's doing a bunch of weird shit with the IP, and some of it seems to be in violation of several trustee duties. 

Can you expound on this theory?

I have all 19 Races incl. the Postponed Days of AC 34. I also have all the Pressers of AC 34. I also have complete Louis Vuitton Coverage incl. Round Robin, Semis (LR vs ART) and LVC Final (ETNZ vs LR).

I still have my America's cup files up on my torrent client. I am not too familiar with Torrent, but you should be able to find them by searching on AmericasCupDay....

If this works and others want the other files I can try and work out how to post a screenshot of the different names?

I generated magnet links for day 1 and day 2. Hopefully these will work. First time doing this.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e81963a93ad3564fc08afbb46278f3cb47d18dc7&dn=AmericasCupDay1

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:717c76fa218d0a6c983796a4f56e03f9601dad5d&dn=AmericasCupDay2

Cup capers continue in Auckland and Bermuda

by Richard Gladwell, Sail-World.com NZ today at 4:54 am

On the 35th America's Cup on Bermuda, it is incredibly disappointing to see the America's Cup video content taken down off Youtube, a month after the event concluded.

This does not just include the media conferences and other reports that were produced on a daily basis, but everything going back to, and including the previous 2013 America's Cup in San Francisco.

It gets worse. 

The America's Cup website has been switched to an online America's Cup clothing store based in Manchester UK.

Also gone is the America's Cup image library - a vital source of some outstanding images for sailing and non-sailing media. That too is diverted to the same discount-sale site. This won't affect Sail-World too much as we have our own image content - but that's not the situation for most publications.

http://www.sail-world.com/NZ/Gladwells-Line---Cup-capers-continue-in-Auckland-and-Bermuda/156750

13 hours ago, random said:

Last night I re-watched the first 5 mins of all the final races.  Awesome.  Really enjoyed seeing it all happen again.

The more I watch the more of an absolute spanking OR got.  They never had a chance in hell

I've watched the match and the lvc many many times using links here.

Can't seem to find the semis which would be awesome to see.

3 hours ago, Barnyb said:

Cup capers continue in Auckland and Bermuda

by Richard Gladwell, Sail-World.com NZ today at 4:54 am

On the 35th America's Cup on Bermuda, it is incredibly disappointing to see the America's Cup video content taken down off Youtube, a month after the event concluded.

This does not just include the media conferences and other reports that were produced on a daily basis, but everything going back to, and including the previous 2013 America's Cup in San Francisco.

It gets worse. 

The America's Cup website has been switched to an online America's Cup clothing store based in Manchester UK.

Also gone is the America's Cup image library - a vital source of some outstanding images for sailing and non-sailing media. That too is diverted to the same discount-sale site. This won't affect Sail-World too much as we have our own image content - but that's not the situation for most publications.

http://www.sail-world.com/NZ/Gladwells-Line---Cup-capers-continue-in-Auckland-and-Bermuda/156750

Funny. I cant seem to find the press conferences now either.

Dunno why they've done this, but it's fucked up.

Just part of the transition - don't panic

It will make for more than a few hollowed-out threads here though - with many of the photo links now dead

What is achieved by this petulance? Nothing. In fact it is a huge step backwards for the America's Cup. (RG)

10 hours ago, jaysper said:

I cant seem to find the press conferences now either.

Because its not just the videos, the entire Youtube Channel is shut down https://www.youtube.com/user/americascup

Props to Gladwell for actually picking the story up since nobody else seems to have.

13 hours ago, hoom said:

Because its not just the videos, the entire Youtube Channel is shut down https://www.youtube.com/user/americascup

Props to Gladwell for actually picking the story up since nobody else seems to have.

Seems like a pretty wanky thing to do.

I'd like to think that they are doing this for a good reason, but FFS I can't think of a single good reason for taking this action!

My guess is that it will be restored once the new 'ACEA' gets its act together.

2 minutes ago, ~Stingray~ said:

My guess is that it will be restored once the new 'ACEA' gets its act together.

wondering if there will even be a ACEA?  maybe ETNZ will just be done with them and run it themselves like in the past?  erase all traces of RC's  and LE?

34 minutes ago, dent said:

wondering if there will even be a ACEA?  maybe ETNZ will just be done with them and run it themselves like in the past?  erase all traces of RC's  and LE?

There will be some form of an event authority, under whatever name they come up with.

Hopefully Race Management (and Measurement) will be just as fully independent as it was last time. 

Oh shit, I hope not...

13 hours ago, Nutta said:

Oh shit, I hope not...

In fairness, I have no problem with the way Iain Murray behaved. Zero zip nada.

The problem with the last cup came down to the fact that the defender wrote a protocol where ANYTHING was able to be changed as long as a majority of the challengers wanted it to and the defender didn't veto it.

Throw in the fact that Japan, Sweden, France and UK were in one massive fucking circle jerk with Orifice and THERE is your problem!

I agree with Stinger that these challengers acted in their best interests in all their actions with regards to rule changes. Problem was that Orifice had managed to engineer things so that these challengers best interests lined up rather nicely with their own.

It was 100% in the best interests of the tight five to fuck over ETNZ and LR as much as possible because they represented the biggest threat on the water and hence the biggest threat to the busted arse circle jerk agreement.

On 28/08/2017 at 7:46 AM, Alinghi4ever said:

I have all 19 Races incl. the Postponed Days of AC 34. I also have all the Pressers of AC 34. I also have complete Louis Vuitton Coverage incl. Round Robin, Semis (LR vs ART) and LVC Final (ETNZ vs LR).

I would like race I day 3 of the play off semi finals, ETNZ vs BAR, first race after the pitchpole.

On 28/08/2017 at 7:28 AM, sclarke said:

I have 5,6,7,8 and 9 (Days 3,4 and 5) of the AC, And Day1, 2 and 3 of the playoff finals. Just looking for races 1,2,3 and 4 of the cup finals (Day 1 and 2) if anyone has them.

Yeah, will upload to a drop box and post the link here.

edit...Damn, restricted to files of 250MB.

I noticed the AC mobile apps don't work a more either, not that I was expecting anything new there.

7 minutes ago, MidPack said:

I noticed the AC mobile apps don't work a more either, not that I was expecting anything new there.

Me too, the AC app 'expired.'

The OTUSA app still works, dozens of team videos are included but the full Race videos are not.

IMG_1976.PNG