Sign in to follow this  
Spatial Ed

So who is paying for the wall?

Recommended Posts

The Chump will shutdown the government if congress won't fund his wall.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/22/trump-says-hes-willing-to-shut-down-the-government-to-get-his-border-wall.html

I thought Mexico was going to pay, but it looks like we all will either through a shutdown of government services or congressional ransom.

This is change you can believe in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Mexico will pay for his secret service cost overruns.  That might be fair trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A classic "Mexican Standoff"

 

How appropo.........

 

download.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh come on- Mexico will pay for it!

Really!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2017 at 7:38 AM, Spatial Ed said:

The Chump will shutdown the government if congress won't fund his wall.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/22/trump-says-hes-willing-to-shut-down-the-government-to-get-his-border-wall.html

I thought Mexico was going to pay, but it looks like we all will either through a shutdown of government services or congressional ransom.

This is change you can believe in.

Shut it down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

So now God is going to pay for it?

Almost. God is going to pay MORE for it. Everyone knows God only hires Americans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which wall?..... The wall to keep Mexicans out, or the new wall to keep Puerto Ricans from coming to the main land and voting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're still waiting for your cheque so we can start on our wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small change. Throw it on the credit card.

NY Times -

WASHINGTON — The United States has recorded its largest annual budget deficit in four years, highlighting the nation’s worsening fiscal trajectory as lawmakers consider a $1.5 trillion tax cut.

Treasury Department report released on Friday showed that the budget deficit for fiscal 2017 grew by $80 billion, to $666 billion, as federal spending eclipsed revenues and economic growth remained tepid. The deficit also edged higher as a share of the economy, rising to 3.5 percent of gross domestic product from 3.2 percent last year.

The ballooning deficit comes as Republican lawmakers push for deep tax cuts that could further swell the national debt, which has already topped $20 trillion. On Thursday night, the Senate passed a budget blueprint that would pave the way for a $1.5 trillion tax cut. 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/20/us/politics/us-budget-deficit.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the budget deficit for fiscal 2017 grew by $80 billion, to $666 billion.

Coincidence?

I think not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have we maxed out the grandchildren's cards yet?  If yes, then the great grandchildren will pay for it.  

but we can't be sure what the effects of that will be until after we do it, so I'm not sure whether I can oppose it just yet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries. After the tax cuts start trickling down us regular folk will have plenty of dough to pay more taxes for the Great Wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're still waiting for the cheque to pay for our southern wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Donald Trump insisted on Saturday that Mexico would pay for a wall along the southern US border, one day after his administration asked Congress for $18bn over the next decade to start construction on the barrier. 

“I believe Mexico will pay for the wall,” Trump said during a brief news conference at Camp David, where he was meeting congressional Republican leaders to plan for 2018 midterms. 

“I have a very good relationship with Mexico. But yes, in some form, Mexico will pay for the wall.” 

Mexico has repeatedly stated that it will not pay to build the wall."

 https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-claims-mexico-will-pay-for-wall-–-day-after-seeking-dollar18bn-from-congress/ar-BBHWDvQ?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE01DHP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, badlatitude said:

"Donald Trump insisted on Saturday that Mexico would pay for a wall along the southern US border, one day after his administration asked Congress for $18bn over the next decade to start construction on the barrier. 

“I believe Mexico will pay for the wall,” Trump said during a brief news conference at Camp David, where he was meeting congressional Republican leaders to plan for 2018 midterms. 

“I have a very good relationship with Mexico. But yes, in some form, Mexico will pay for the wall.” 

Mexico has repeatedly stated that it will not pay to build the wall."

 https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-claims-mexico-will-pay-for-wall-–-day-after-seeking-dollar18bn-from-congress/ar-BBHWDvQ?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE01DHP

He just needs a little seed money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

He just needs a little seed money.

Trump made a promise to the American people that Mexico would pay for the wall. Shouldn't Congress hold him to that promise? The greatest negotiator of all time should be able to swing something that will make the American people proud of him, why is Congress being asked to spend $18 billion? It's a damn foreign policy decision that should be given a good faith attempt before we spend that much money. I'm ashamed Democrats just sit and scratch their collective heads when the answer to this problem should be a whole lot clearer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Pakistan

 

How much will that cover?  1 mile?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Trump made a promise to the American people that Mexico would pay for the wall. Shouldn't Congress hold him to that promise? The greatest negotiator of all time should be able to swing something that will make the American people proud of him, why is Congress being asked to spend $18 billion? It's a damn foreign policy decision that should be given a good faith attempt before we spend that much money. I'm ashamed Democrats just sit and scratch their collective heads when the answer to this problem should be a whole lot clearer.

I bet you still believe Obama is going to close gitmo because he made a promise to the American people. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

I bet you still believe Obama is going to close gitmo because he made a promise to the American people. :D 

Doggy Style. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

I bet you still believe Obama is going to close gitmo because he made a promise to the American people. :D 

The cuckservatives in Congress wouldnt work with him.  Bigly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

I bet you still believe Obama is going to close gitmo because he made a promise to the American people. :D 

He did close Gitmo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based inn republican finding models, our kids and grandkids will pay. A highly inflated price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Raz'r said:

Based inn republican finding models, our kids and grandkids will pay. A highly inflated price.

And it won’t work.  Sad.  Bigly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the US could do with $18 billion

1. Buy all the NK nukes and research facilities

2. Rebuild power grid in Puerto Rico

3.  Comprehensive program address 500k homeless in America

4. Have some $ left over.  perhaps plan a nice going away party for Trump and friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, benwynn said:

He did close Gitmo.

Someone should tell President Trump.

Donald Trump has vowed to keep the prison open, and to “load it up with some bad dudes.” According to a leaked memo obtained by CNN, those prisoners will include American isis supporters—which, critics say, will likely mean American Muslims, deprived of their constitutional rights. “I would bring back waterboarding, and I’d bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding,” Trump has said, adding, in other appearances, “Don’t tell me it doesn’t work—torture works,” and “If it doesn’t work, they deserve it anyway, for what they’re doing to us.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, benwynn said:

He did close Gitmo.

 

55 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

I stand corrected.

No you don't.  I was just using a little hyperbole and exaggeration.  

Time to double down.

He closed it fantastically. He closed it faster than a facility has ever been closed in the history of the world. Believe me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Someone should tell President Trump.

Donald Trump has vowed to keep the prison open, and to “load it up with some bad dudes.” According to a leaked memo obtained by CNN, those prisoners will include American isis supporters—which, critics say, will likely mean American Muslims, deprived of their constitutional rights. “I would bring back waterboarding, and I’d bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding,” Trump has said, adding, in other appearances, “Don’t tell me it doesn’t work—torture works,” and “If it doesn’t work, they deserve it anyway, for what they’re doing to us.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

 

I am more concerned with President Trump's quoted comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2017 at 4:36 PM, Shortforbob said:

 

FAKE NEWS. Mexico has already sent us billions for the new wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see this more as a states issue. I think Texas, New Mexico, Aridzona,and California should pay for the wall.We don't need a border wall in Florida (Except maybe from Georgia)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say what we will about President Trump, I bet that his imagination it an awesome place ... if only we could get a glimpse into that wondrous place between his ears! In it, the wall is built, a gleaming testament to contemporary engineering and design, not an ugly reminded of Berlin, but something that both Mexicans and Americans travel to see, and behold, as they think of the Fearless Leader, and all that he has done for us. The Mexicans stare up at the majestic construction and say "Si, Trump was un Gran Hombre. Si." And the Americans on the other side would say "I feel safe, and proud, thank you President Trump, if only Obama never existed on the face of this planet, and we knew only of your greatness, then I too could die with a sliver of the happiness that you knew. Then as the hovercars slipped side to side over the wall, the Mexicans finally said collectively, "yes, we are now glad we paid for this wall, at least we can also share in the greatness of the Late Great Presidenté, if only we could have had a Presidenté for Mexico as you Americans had with un Gran Hombre!"

Then on National Trump Day, his children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren would gather around the Trump National Memorial, they would link hands, and remember what a sad day it was, on his birthday at 124 years of age, he finally shuffled off this mortal coil, and slipped peacefully to the Great Beyond, surrounded by all those who loved and worshipped him, the modern savior! If only there was room for just one more on Mount Rushmore, the last, and the best, the greatest that we have ever seen.

Alas, we are but humans, living in his shadow.

And then he wakes up ...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How do you delete a post on this years revision of software?

Edited by HardOnWind
Redundant Alice in Trumpland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HardOnWind said:

How do you delete a post on this years revision of software?

Pretty sure all you can do is "Hide" it.

Listed under "Options".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HardOnWind said:

How do you delete a post on this years revision of software?

Check with @Dog, he had a whole thread disappear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, badlatitude said:

70zEYVX.jpg

So the latest one is half the number of miles that Hillary voted for as Senator? Good to see a Duopoly boondoggle being trimmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest design is a proven winner - the wall will be constructed entirely of smoke and mirrors.  bigly, bestest ever, many people are saying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, d'ranger said:

The latest design is a proven winner - the wall will be constructed entirely of smoke and mirrors.  bigly, bestest ever, many people are saying it.

Who will be paying for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Who will be paying for it?

The GOP has received funding from the National Smoke And Mirrors Foundation to cover all costs.  In S&M We Trust.

edit: In other breaking news Slug Zitksi has been appointed director of The Trump Silk Purses From Sows Ears Inc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slug zitski said:

Mexico is paying for the wall ......

Trump gets things done

 

I want a down payment before construction begins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Capital flows have reversed...as you sit behind your computer screen  billions of dollars are flooding into the US from Mexico

nothing wrong with that.....

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

Capital flows have reversed...as you sit behind your computer screen  billions of dollars are flooding into the US from Mexico

nothing wrong with that.....

What Trump policy has caused this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

The GOP has received funding from the National Smoke And Mirrors Foundation to cover all costs.  In S&M We Trust.

That is not the S&M with which I am familiar.  Thank God these forums aren't public.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm..you have not been following the news.  

Trump cut us corporate tax rates.

 

in the past mexico kept its corporate tax rates lower than America to siphon off buisness.

that will no longer happen ...american tax rates are now substantiily lower than Mexicos

companies will no longer locate in Mexico  for tax reasons

no company locates in Mexico for access to skilled workers, infrastructure or rule of law

only tax advatage ...

IMG_7801.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slug zitski said:

Hmm..you have not been following the news.  

Trump cut us corporate tax rates.

 

in the past mexico kept its corporate tax rates lower than America to siphon off buisness.

that will no longer happen ...american tax rates are now substantiily lower than Mexicos

companies will no longer locate in Mexico  for tax reasons

no company locates in Mexico for access to skilled workers, infrastructure or rule of law

only tax advatage ...

 

The tax cuts don't take effect until 2019.  How does that make money flow now from the south?  You said it was reversed which means its currently happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sell pesos, buy dollars, invest in treasury bills,  US equities , Relocate headquarters  ...or simply move your german owned Mexican manufaturing unit to the US

your choice

when the defects in NAFTA , its loopholes are closed,  the effect will be even greater

IMG_7816.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your cite does not support your claim.  It says the peso is almost as low as it was in January 2017.  So if a low peso is an indicator of cash flowing north, wouldn't it have been happening in January 2017?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe  what you wish

watch the financial markets for confirmation 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slug zitski said:

Believe  what you wish

watch the financial markets for confirmation 

 

Is money flowing north now?  Will that be allocated to pay for the wall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It creates tax revenue...this extra tax revenue can pay for many things....fighter bombers, drones, walls

the extra revenue comes from mexico.

they are paying the price..

for decades the US has asked Mexico to better control its  border and the rule of law.

Mexico failed to take this request seriuosly...now they will pay 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

It creates tax revenue...this extra tax revenue can pay for many things....fighter bombers, drones, walls

the extra revenue comes from mexico.

they are paying the price..

for decades the US has asked Mexico to better control its  border and the rule of law.

Mexico failed to take this request seriuosly...now they will pay 

Wait, you said tax cuts were paying for the wall.  How is money flowing north from mexico being taxed?  Is the tax allocated to the wall?  I'm just not following you on how Mexico is paying for your wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you relocate you companies tax base...its head quarters to the US ...it now pay US tax, not mexican tax .

when money moves into the economy it pays tax, creates jobs that pay tax, creates capital gains that pay tax

 

plenty of money

 

i love money 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

When you relocate you companies tax base...its head quarters to the US ...it now pay US tax, not mexican tax .

when money moves into the economy it pays tax, creates jobs that pay tax, creates capital gains that pay tax

 

plenty of money

 

i love money 

But no companies have relocated.  You said the money was flowing.  Seems you confuse wishful thinking with reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A public company that wastes 10 percent of shareholder value because it failed to optimize tax is toast .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

A public company that wastes 10 percent of shareholder value because it failed to optimize tax is toast .

Which public companies have moved back to the US from Mexico?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2018 at 6:52 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

3DD6D1D0-84EA-4BC4-884D-826BE0DFD656.jpeg

Nobody knew building a wall could be so complicated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HOLD ON!!!!! Mexico?

I thought Trump said that TEXACO would pay for the wall.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All in all, another prick wants a wall....

If the presidunce's name were Pink this wall shit might make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

WASHINGTON 

A federal judge in California who Donald Trump once derided for his ethnicity will hear a case Friday that could determine the president’s latitude to waive environmental laws, paving the wayfor his “big, beautiful” border wall. 

The judge is the U.S. District Court’s Gonzalo Curiel, whom Trump berated during the 2016 campaign for his handling of a lawsuit involving Trump University. Trump called the San Diego jurist a “hater” and a “Mexican” who disliked Trump because of his strong border stands, even though Curiel was born in the United States and built his reputation prosecuting cross-border drug crimes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting segment on NPR this AM from a former US Customs and Border Protection agent who related the means by which folks on the Mexican side of the wall overcame the physical barriers.   He also shared the personal impact w/r/t what the people who he saw coming in were willing to endure to get here. 

Seems that the poor conditions in Mexico are responsible for the rampant illegal immigration - how much could we do to fix that w/$25 billion? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of a mirror wall... Would be illegals creeping through the brush would see other would be illegals creeping through the brush back towards them. They'd eventually meet up, and say things like "Hey! Gato! you been there! whats it like! Why you repeating what I saying? What's the matter with you? You gone loco or something?! Man it must make you crazy over there, I staying here ! You go back if you want! I ain't doing that shit..... Hey! Where you going? You going back? Take me with you!.... No not that way, the way you were just coming from man...."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Interesting segment on NPR this AM from a former US Customs and Border Protection agent who related the means by which folks on the Mexican side of the wall overcame the physical barriers.   He also shared the personal impact w/r/t what the people who he saw coming in were willing to endure to get here. 

Seems that the poor conditions in Mexico are responsible for the rampant illegal immigration - how much could we do to fix that w/$25 billion? 

Nothing ...Mexico is corrupt, the rule of law is broken .

build the wall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

Nothing ...Mexico is corrupt, the rule of law is broken .

build the wall

 

They will just go around it.  Coyotes will use the same submarines the drug cartels do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When are you cheap fuckers going to send us the cheque for OUR wall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

When are you cheap fuckers going to send us the cheque for OUR wall?

As soon as you quit trying to undercut US wood production, send the car plants back to Detroit, and quit trying to pretend that Moulson's is good beer.  Nobody competes with your Poutine production - stick w/what you know best.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

When are you cheap fuckers going to send us the cheque for OUR wall?

Has Trump sent a bill? Demanded payment? No. Worst businessman ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

As soon as you quit trying to undercut US wood production, send the car plants back to Detroit, and quit trying to pretend that Moulson's is good beer.  Nobody competes with your Poutine production - stick w/what you know best.  

Molson..... Not Moulson's..... And Propeller ESB is good beer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

As soon as you quit trying to undercut US wood production, send the car plants back to Detroit, and quit trying to pretend that Moulson's is good beer.  Nobody competes with your Poutine production - stick w/what you know best.  

I see what you did there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here's the deal breaker; the desert ecosystems this crass, right-wing brainfart would defile, would end up 'paying' too, with health, not wealth.

the whole concept comes off as so fucking asinine and impractical, it's actually offensive. it's the perfect metaphor for the american reich-wing. let 'em eat shit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We sure as fuck would have done better for ourselves if we had spent a trillion dollars building a wall on the southern border than that trillion we spent blowing the fuck out of Iraq. We could have seen the wall now while riding in Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HardOnWind said:

We sure as fuck would have done better for ourselves if we had spent a trillion dollars building a wall on the southern border good health-care system than that trillion we spent blowing the fuck out of Iraq. We could have seen the wall now while riding in Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster.

 

A better option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe  we should invade Mexico and the build a wall at the border with Guatemala and Belize.

The wall would be shorter and thus cheaper and easier to defend.

As sensible as all the other stupid ideas......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After testy call with Trump over border wall, Mexican president shelves plan to visit White House

Quote

Tentative plans for Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto to make his first visit to the White House to meet with President Trump were scuttled this week after a testy call between the two leaders ended in an impasse over Trump’s promised border wall, according to U.S. and Mexican officials.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/after-testy-call-with-trump-over-border-wall-mexicos-president-shelves-plan-to-visit-white-house/2018/02/24/c7ffe9e8-199e-11e8-8b08-027a6ccb38eb_story.html?utm_term=.c6e40ad2565b

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pay for the Wall - D.J.,Trump

Introduction: The provision of the Patriot Act, Section 326 - the "know your 
customer" provision, compelling financial institutions to demand identity 
documents before opening accounts or conducting financial transactions is a 
fundamental element of the outline below. That section authorized the 
executive branch to issue detailed regulations on the subject, found at 31 CFR 
130.120-121. It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-
10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year 
after year. There are several ways to compel Mexico to pay for the wall 
including the following: 

 On day 1 promulgate a "proposed rule" (regulation) amending 31 
CFR 130.121 to redefine applicable financial institutions to include 
money transfer companies like Western Union, and redefine "account" to 
include wire transfers. Also include in the proposed rule a requirement that 
no alien may wire money outside of the United States unless the alien 
first provides a document establishing his lawful presence in the United 
States. 
 On day 2 Mexico will immediately protest. They receive approximately $24 
billion a year in remittances from Mexican nationals working in the United 
States. The majority of that amount comes from illegal aliens. It serves as de 
facto welfare for poor families in Mexico. There is no significant social safety 
net provided by the state in Mexico. 
 On day 3 tell Mexico that if the Mexican government will contribute the funds 
needed to the United States to pay for the wall, the Trump Administration will 
not promulgate the final rule, and the regulation will not go into effect. 
 Trade tariffs, or enforcement of existing trade rules: There is no doubt that 
Mexico is engaging in unfair subsidy behavior that has eliminated thousands 
of U.S. jobs, and which we are obligated to respond to; the impact of any tariffs 
on the price imports will be more than offset by the economic and income 
gains of increased production in the United States, in addition to revenue from 
any tariffs themselves. Mexico needs access to our markets much more than 


the reverse, so we have all the leverage and will win the negotiation. By 
definition, if you have a large trade deficit with a nation, it means they are 
selling far more to you than the reverse - thus they, not you, stand to lose from 
enforcing trade rules through tariffs (as has been done to save many U.S. 
industries in the past). 
 Cancelling visas: Immigration is a privilege, not a right. Mexico is totally 
dependent on the United States as a release valve for its own poverty - our 
approvals of hundreds of thousands of visas to their nationals every year is 
one of our greatest leverage points. We also have leverage through business 
and tourist visas for important people in the Mexican economy. Keep in mind, 
the United States has already taken in 4X more migrants than any other 
country on planet earth, producing lower wages and higher unemployment 
for our own citizens and recent migrants. 
 Visa fees: Even a small increase in visa fees would pay for the wall. This 
includes fees on border crossing cards, of which more than 1 million are 
issued a year. The border-crossing card is also one of the greatest sources of 
illegal immigration into the United States, via overstays. Mexico is also the 
single largest recipient of U.S. green cards, which confer a path to U.S. 
citizenship. Again, we have the leverage so Mexico will back down. 
Conclusion: Mexico has taken advantage of us in another way as well: gangs, 
drug traffickers and cartels have freely exploited our open borders and 
committed vast numbers of crimes inside the United States. The United States 
has borne the extraordinary daily cost of this criminal activity, including the 
cost of trials and incarcerations. Not to mention the even greater human cost. 
We have the moral high ground here, and all the leverage. It is time we use it 
in order to Make America Great Again. 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites