• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Spatial Ed

So who is paying for the wall?

The Chump will shutdown the government if congress won't fund his wall.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/22/trump-says-hes-willing-to-shut-down-the-government-to-get-his-border-wall.html

I thought Mexico was going to pay, but it looks like we all will either through a shutdown of government services or congressional ransom.

This is change you can believe in.

On 8/24/2017 at 7:38 AM, Spatial Ed said:

The Chump will shutdown the government if congress won't fund his wall.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/22/trump-says-hes-willing-to-shut-down-the-government-to-get-his-border-wall.html

I thought Mexico was going to pay, but it looks like we all will either through a shutdown of government services or congressional ransom.

This is change you can believe in.

Shut it down. 

Which wall?..... The wall to keep Mexicans out, or the new wall to keep Puerto Ricans from coming to the main land and voting?

Small change. Throw it on the credit card.

NY Times -

WASHINGTON — The United States has recorded its largest annual budget deficit in four years, highlighting the nation’s worsening fiscal trajectory as lawmakers consider a $1.5 trillion tax cut.

Treasury Department report released on Friday showed that the budget deficit for fiscal 2017 grew by $80 billion, to $666 billion, as federal spending eclipsed revenues and economic growth remained tepid. The deficit also edged higher as a share of the economy, rising to 3.5 percent of gross domestic product from 3.2 percent last year.

The ballooning deficit comes as Republican lawmakers push for deep tax cuts that could further swell the national debt, which has already topped $20 trillion. On Thursday night, the Senate passed a budget blueprint that would pave the way for a $1.5 trillion tax cut. 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/20/us/politics/us-budget-deficit.html

the budget deficit for fiscal 2017 grew by $80 billion, to $666 billion.

Coincidence?

I think not.

Have we maxed out the grandchildren's cards yet?  If yes, then the great grandchildren will pay for it.  

but we can't be sure what the effects of that will be until after we do it, so I'm not sure whether I can oppose it just yet.  

No worries. After the tax cuts start trickling down us regular folk will have plenty of dough to pay more taxes for the Great Wall.

We're still waiting for the cheque to pay for our southern wall.

"Donald Trump insisted on Saturday that Mexico would pay for a wall along the southern US border, one day after his administration asked Congress for $18bn over the next decade to start construction on the barrier. 

“I believe Mexico will pay for the wall,” Trump said during a brief news conference at Camp David, where he was meeting congressional Republican leaders to plan for 2018 midterms. 

“I have a very good relationship with Mexico. But yes, in some form, Mexico will pay for the wall.” 

Mexico has repeatedly stated that it will not pay to build the wall."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-claims-mexico-will-pay-for-wall-–-day-after-seeking-dollar18bn-from-congress/ar-BBHWDvQ?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE01DHP

Just now, badlatitude said:

"Donald Trump insisted on Saturday that Mexico would pay for a wall along the southern US border, one day after his administration asked Congress for $18bn over the next decade to start construction on the barrier. 

“I believe Mexico will pay for the wall,” Trump said during a brief news conference at Camp David, where he was meeting congressional Republican leaders to plan for 2018 midterms. 

“I have a very good relationship with Mexico. But yes, in some form, Mexico will pay for the wall.” 

Mexico has repeatedly stated that it will not pay to build the wall."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-claims-mexico-will-pay-for-wall-–-day-after-seeking-dollar18bn-from-congress/ar-BBHWDvQ?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE01DHP

He just needs a little seed money.

4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

He just needs a little seed money.

Trump made a promise to the American people that Mexico would pay for the wall. Shouldn't Congress hold him to that promise? The greatest negotiator of all time should be able to swing something that will make the American people proud of him, why is Congress being asked to spend $18 billion? It's a damn foreign policy decision that should be given a good faith attempt before we spend that much money. I'm ashamed Democrats just sit and scratch their collective heads when the answer to this problem should be a whole lot clearer.

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Trump made a promise to the American people that Mexico would pay for the wall. Shouldn't Congress hold him to that promise? The greatest negotiator of all time should be able to swing something that will make the American people proud of him, why is Congress being asked to spend $18 billion? It's a damn foreign policy decision that should be given a good faith attempt before we spend that much money. I'm ashamed Democrats just sit and scratch their collective heads when the answer to this problem should be a whole lot clearer.

I bet you still believe Obama is going to close gitmo because he made a promise to the American people. :D 

11 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

I bet you still believe Obama is going to close gitmo because he made a promise to the American people. :D 

Doggy Style. 

42 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

The cuckservatives in Congress wouldnt work with him.  Bigly.

53 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

He did close Gitmo.

Based inn republican finding models, our kids and grandkids will pay. A highly inflated price.

Just now, Raz'r said:

Based inn republican finding models, our kids and grandkids will pay. A highly inflated price.

And it won’t work.  Sad.  Bigly.

What the US could do with $18 billion

1. Buy all the NK nukes and research facilities

2. Rebuild power grid in Puerto Rico

3.  Comprehensive program address 500k homeless in America

4. Have some $ left over.  perhaps plan a nice going away party for Trump and friends.

13 hours ago, benwynn said:

He did close Gitmo.

Someone should tell President Trump.

Donald Trump has vowed to keep the prison open, and to “load it up with some bad dudes.” According to a leaked memo obtained by CNN, those prisoners will include American isis supporters—which, critics say, will likely mean American Muslims, deprived of their constitutional rights. “I would bring back waterboarding, and I’d bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding,” Trump has said, adding, in other appearances, “Don’t tell me it doesn’t work—torture works,” and “If it doesn’t work, they deserve it anyway, for what they’re doing to us.”

13 hours ago, benwynn said:

He did close Gitmo.

55 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

I stand corrected.

No you don't.  I was just using a little hyperbole and exaggeration.  

Time to double down.

He closed it fantastically. He closed it faster than a facility has ever been closed in the history of the world. Believe me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Someone should tell President Trump.

Donald Trump has vowed to keep the prison open, and to “load it up with some bad dudes.” According to a leaked memo obtained by CNN, those prisoners will include American isis supporters—which, critics say, will likely mean American Muslims, deprived of their constitutional rights. “I would bring back waterboarding, and I’d bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding,” Trump has said, adding, in other appearances, “Don’t tell me it doesn’t work—torture works,” and “If it doesn’t work, they deserve it anyway, for what they’re doing to us.”

I see this more as a states issue. I think Texas, New Mexico, Aridzona,and California should pay for the wall.We don't need a border wall in Florida (Except maybe from Georgia)

Say what we will about President Trump, I bet that his imagination it an awesome place ... if only we could get a glimpse into that wondrous place between his ears! In it, the wall is built, a gleaming testament to contemporary engineering and design, not an ugly reminded of Berlin, but something that both Mexicans and Americans travel to see, and behold, as they think of the Fearless Leader, and all that he has done for us. The Mexicans stare up at the majestic construction and say "Si, Trump was un Gran Hombre. Si." And the Americans on the other side would say "I feel safe, and proud, thank you President Trump, if only Obama never existed on the face of this planet, and we knew only of your greatness, then I too could die with a sliver of the happiness that you knew. Then as the hovercars slipped side to side over the wall, the Mexicans finally said collectively, "yes, we are now glad we paid for this wall, at least we can also share in the greatness of the Late Great Presidenté, if only we could have had a Presidenté for Mexico as you Americans had with un Gran Hombre!"

Then on National Trump Day, his children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren would gather around the Trump National Memorial, they would link hands, and remember what a sad day it was, on his birthday at 124 years of age, he finally shuffled off this mortal coil, and slipped peacefully to the Great Beyond, surrounded by all those who loved and worshipped him, the modern savior! If only there was room for just one more on Mount Rushmore, the last, and the best, the greatest that we have ever seen.

Alas, we are but humans, living in his shadow.

And then he wakes up ...

• Like 2

How do you delete a post on this years revision of software?

Edited by HardOnWind
Redundant Alice in Trumpland.

1 hour ago, HardOnWind said:

How do you delete a post on this years revision of software?

Pretty sure all you can do is "Hide" it.

Listed under "Options".

13 hours ago, badlatitude said:

70zEYVX.jpg

So the latest one is half the number of miles that Hillary voted for as Senator? Good to see a Duopoly boondoggle being trimmed.

1 minute ago, d'ranger said:

The latest design is a proven winner - the wall will be constructed entirely of smoke and mirrors.  bigly, bestest ever, many people are saying it.

Who will be paying for it?

5 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Who will be paying for it?

The GOP has received funding from the National Smoke And Mirrors Foundation to cover all costs.  In S&M We Trust.

edit: In other breaking news Slug Zitksi has been appointed director of The Trump Silk Purses From Sows Ears Inc.

1 minute ago, slug zitski said:

Mexico is paying for the wall ......

Trump gets things done

I want a down payment before construction begins.

Capital flows have reversed...as you sit behind your computer screen  billions of dollars are flooding into the US from Mexico

nothing wrong with that.....

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

Capital flows have reversed...as you sit behind your computer screen  billions of dollars are flooding into the US from Mexico

nothing wrong with that.....

What Trump policy has caused this?

22 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

The GOP has received funding from the National Smoke And Mirrors Foundation to cover all costs.  In S&M We Trust.

That is not the S&M with which I am familiar.  Thank God these forums aren't public.....

Hmm..you have not been following the news.  

Trump cut us corporate tax rates.

in the past mexico kept its corporate tax rates lower than America to siphon off buisness.

that will no longer happen ...american tax rates are now substantiily lower than Mexicos

companies will no longer locate in Mexico  for tax reasons

no company locates in Mexico for access to skilled workers, infrastructure or rule of law

only tax advatage ...

IMG_7801.PNG

1 minute ago, slug zitski said:

Hmm..you have not been following the news.  

Trump cut us corporate tax rates.

in the past mexico kept its corporate tax rates lower than America to siphon off buisness.

that will no longer happen ...american tax rates are now substantiily lower than Mexicos

companies will no longer locate in Mexico  for tax reasons

no company locates in Mexico for access to skilled workers, infrastructure or rule of law

only tax advatage ...

The tax cuts don't take effect until 2019.  How does that make money flow now from the south?  You said it was reversed which means its currently happening.

Sell pesos, buy dollars, invest in treasury bills,  US equities , Relocate headquarters  ...or simply move your german owned Mexican manufaturing unit to the US

your choice

when the defects in NAFTA , its loopholes are closed,  the effect will be even greater

IMG_7816.PNG

Your cite does not support your claim.  It says the peso is almost as low as it was in January 2017.  So if a low peso is an indicator of cash flowing north, wouldn't it have been happening in January 2017?

Just now, slug zitski said:

Believe  what you wish

watch the financial markets for confirmation 

Is money flowing north now?  Will that be allocated to pay for the wall?

It creates tax revenue...this extra tax revenue can pay for many things....fighter bombers, drones, walls

the extra revenue comes from mexico.

they are paying the price..

for decades the US has asked Mexico to better control its  border and the rule of law.

Mexico failed to take this request seriuosly...now they will pay 

2 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

It creates tax revenue...this extra tax revenue can pay for many things....fighter bombers, drones, walls

the extra revenue comes from mexico.

they are paying the price..

for decades the US has asked Mexico to better control its  border and the rule of law.

Mexico failed to take this request seriuosly...now they will pay 

Wait, you said tax cuts were paying for the wall.  How is money flowing north from mexico being taxed?  Is the tax allocated to the wall?  I'm just not following you on how Mexico is paying for your wall.

When you relocate you companies tax base...its head quarters to the US ...it now pay US tax, not mexican tax .

when money moves into the economy it pays tax, creates jobs that pay tax, creates capital gains that pay tax

plenty of money

i love money 

3 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

When you relocate you companies tax base...its head quarters to the US ...it now pay US tax, not mexican tax .

when money moves into the economy it pays tax, creates jobs that pay tax, creates capital gains that pay tax

plenty of money

i love money 

But no companies have relocated.  You said the money was flowing.  Seems you confuse wishful thinking with reality.

3 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

A public company that wastes 10 percent of shareholder value because it failed to optimize tax is toast .

Which public companies have moved back to the US from Mexico?

On 1/12/2018 at 6:52 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

3DD6D1D0-84EA-4BC4-884D-826BE0DFD656.jpeg

Nobody knew building a wall could be so complicated.