• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Jkdubz808

What have I missed?

Haven't been on here in awhile fellas, what have I missed??

And why has my screen name changed??

(Edit, nevermind I figured out how to change it back)

An idiot is president, another idiot drifted into a reef , another few idiots allowed commercial vessels to ram their state of the art naval vessels, there was an eclipse, afganistan is still in the stone age after 700 billion of our tax dollars and who knows how many irreplaceable US sons and daughters, stock market and real estate is up, google, amazon, walmart, facebook, snapchat, youtube and others are feverishly after our attention and our ready cash with ethics on the way to the sideline, theres like 10 white rhinos left, the pope still has his human breeding program going full steam ahead, daniel craig is going to make another bond movie, kimi is driving for ferrari again in 2018, the highest price ever for selling a porsche at auction occurred in monterey last week, snaggletooth and woody are barely present, for 48 hours everything possible to see on lindsey vonns body was available for viewing, more female teachers have been sidelined by loud mouth male teens, and someone else can pick it up from here...

4 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

An idiot is president, another idiot drifted into a reef , another few idiots allowed commercial vessels to ram their state of the art naval vessels, there was an eclipse, afganistan is still in the stone age after 700 billion of our tax dollars and who knows how many irreplaceable US sons and daughters, stock market and real estate is up, google, amazon, walmart, facebook, snapchat, youtube and others are feverishly after our attention and our ready cash with ethics on the way to the sideline, theres like 10 white rhinos left, the pope still has his human breeding program going full steam ahead, daniel craig is going to make another bond movie, kimi is driving for ferrari again in 2018, the highest price ever for selling a porsche at auction occurred in monterey last week, snaggletooth and woody are barely present, for 48 hours everything possible to see on lindsey vonns body was available for viewing, more female teachers have been sidelined by loud mouth male teens, and someone else can pick it up from here...

...a deranged pretend yacht designer went Full Retard in CA and got flicked...a bunch of Kiwis funded from the mideast beat a bunch of Kiwis paid for by USAnian software money and took an overfancy cup away from some billionaire, scooter got a new boat, some QB with big hair still doesn't have a job, and there was a change in the moderating team...

I saw scooters new ride on FB, and I see the changes made to the forums.  

How come my buddy Snaggy hasn't been around?

Hows the cruising going BJ?

Nothing....nothing has changed. This idiot replaced that idiot (or it's the same idiot with a different name), some very reasonable people are still here.....BJ came to his senses..... and PA is still a frigging cesspool dominated by a handful of screamers.

So sock puppets are alive and well still and PA is to be avoided at all costs. Some things never change. 

4 hours ago, Jkdubz808 said:

So sock puppets are alive and well still and PA is to be avoided at all costs. Some things never change. 

That pretty much sums it up...

5 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

...a deranged pretend yacht designer went Full Retard in CA and got flicked...a bunch of Kiwis funded from the mideast beat a bunch of Kiwis paid for by USAnian software money and took an overfancy cup away from some billionaire, scooter got a new boat, some QB with big hair still doesn't have a job, and there was a change in the moderating team...

Scooter got a new boat??

7 hours ago, Jkdubz808 said:

SSDD*

*same shit, different day

8 hours ago, Jkdubz808 said:

I saw scooters new ride on FB, and I see the changes made to the forums.  

How come my buddy Snaggy hasn't been around?

Hows the cruising going BJ?

Closing out a year in Oz. For better or worse, my batteries started shitting the bed earlier this year (second set of AGM's in five years) so we decided to upgrade the boat to LiFePO4 batteries. This has been kind of the focus of my life of late...though I hope to have it mostly wrapped in another couple of days.

Then we catch the next low off to New Caledonia...

3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Scooter got a new boat??

He ditched the Melges and has been rehabbing something else. Don't know what it is, I think it was on the FP and he's been putting a lot of pictures up on Facebook.

1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

He ditched the Melges and has been rehabbing something else. Don't know what it is, I think it was on the FP and he's been putting a lot of pictures up on Facebook.

SC33

im still here posting under the same name, celphetaught doesnt appear to post anymore, left hook is around but i'm not sure who he's posting as ATM. 

El Mariachi packed his bags and left...last seen headed to Baja and points South...

5 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Thast ritte, you our stille badasse!             :)

I try Snags, I try. 

5 hours ago, Grabbler said:

Marry your bow chick yet you bastard?:P

I did indeed!  Almost two years ago now. She's due in a month with a little sailor.  Couldn't be more stoked. 

32 minutes ago, Jkdubz808 said:

I did indeed!  Almost two years ago now. She's due in a month with a little sailor.  Couldn't be more stoked. 

Dude you have to time that so she isn't nine months pregnant  in August when it is still sailing season(at least in the northern hemisphere). 

For the next next crew member remember knock her up in June or July so she can race for this and next summer

In summary, the place is an ongoing soap opera. Miss a few weeks and watch two shows and you are right back where you left off.

Although the ratings are way down and viewership waning. Just a matter of time before the network pulls the plug.

And now a word from our sponsors.

2 hours ago, peragrin said:

Dude you have to time that so she isn't nine months pregnant  in August when it is still sailing season(at least in the northern hemisphere). 

For the next next crew member remember knock her up in June or July so she can race for this and next summer

We tried that, but nothing happened until December/January. Trust me, the bowgirl did not want to be knocked up during the Florida summer.....

And she was bummed on the regattas she couldn't do, but such is life. 

37 minutes ago, Frers381 said:

I cant believe you guys forgot to point out that he missed the Dubinator!

WL

Dafuq? Someone giving my name a bad rep?

^^I'm sorry but I draw the line at cartoon boobs!^^

*edit*

Cartoon lips also.

4 hours ago, Frers381 said:

I cant believe you guys forgot to point out that he missed the Dubinator!

WL

This should definitely go on the reading list!   SA gold!!!:lol:

I'm gonna have to read that thread. Where's it at?

You crazy bastard Mad, how the hell are ya mate?

Indeed I am. Currently sitting 65 miles south of Louisiana at a small platform fracking away. Go home in 5 days after a long 6 week hitch. 

Other than those two things Mad can't complain. Fishing season wasn't too great but the powerboat ran well. Doing the RS Aero midwinter's in January so trying to get back to my Finn sailing shape. 

2 hours ago, mad said:

I'm good, how the hell are you? Apart from married with a kid on the way? 

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/165760-captain-calamity-chas-from-tas/

try this for some entertainment! 

Good lord, what a dooshnozzle.  The post 'anyone having fourth mode flashbacks?' nailed it lol. 

I think maybe Meli might have undergone gender reassignment.  Goes by a guy's name now.

1 hour ago, Jkdubz808 said:

Indeed I am. Currently sitting 65 miles south of Louisiana at a small platform fracking away. Go home in 5 days after a long 6 week hitch. 

Other than those two things Mad can't complain. Fishing season wasn't too great but the powerboat ran well. Doing the RS Aero midwinter's in January so trying to get back to my Finn sailing shape. 

Probably fished right by you this weekend with Jr on the boat he's running...he's kinda grown up now...

IMG_0707_zpsffvfklaa.png

He's running a fishing boat now?  Good on him. If you see a big red and white ship with Halliburton on the side that's me. Stim Star III is my ship. 

2 minutes ago, RedTuna said:

Did you take this bow down, front page picture several years ago?  Neat.

http://sailinganarchy.com/2013/01/06/bow-down/

Wave to the Orleans for us.

Yeah that was me. I have a GoPro mount about the bridge. 

The Orleans is just astern of us, yes. The Iberville is right next to us at the moment. I'm under the west crane of the rig H&P 203 and she's under the east crane. 

Marine traffic app or are you out here on a fishing boat somewhere?

I was curious what a Stim Star III was.  Then got curiouser with Harvey approaching and found vesselfinder.

There are some Hug A Fracker bumper stickers around town.  So take this as an internet man hug.  No homo.

Stay safe.

Haha thanks man. We should be finished with this rig around midnight or the early morning, back at the dock my mid day tomorrow. Harvey hasn't affected us yet, but I'm hoping to be back in port when we start getting some of the outer bands. 

13 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

I'm good, how the hell are you? Apart from married with a kid on the way?

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/165760-captain-calamity-chas-from-tas/

try this for some entertainment! 

13 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Damme, we wearre goode!  Thet wase tonnes of funne!                 :)

Remember this one?!!

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/165828-albatros/&

5 hours ago, Scratchanot said:

Hey Dubs, long time. The F word is no longer respected. Getemout has gone by the wayside.

I'm assuming fourth mode and HWSNBN are still frowned upon topics...

Some Herculean work by LB in the latter part of those threads as I recall...

Holy cow, how did I miss that thread?  Great fun binge reading it after the fact, just the same.  Well done, gentlemen, well done.

I couldn't help but note his blog is open for comments.  Not that I'm suggesting a field trip or anything.

Is Doug Lord still pushing 'the peoples foiler' project down peoples throats?

On 25/08/2017 at 5:01 PM, Jkdubz808 said:

Dude who is this guy??  How dare he tarnish the name dubs....

He was class 1 entertainment at the time.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, mad said:

He was class 1 entertainment at the time.  :lol:

He seems to be well known through SA, even supposed 'noobs' (sock puppets more like) know about the Dubinator lol

57 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

He is too busy consulting for Gitana these days for the People's Foiler.

I thought he was working for Maserati as well. 

15 minutes ago, Jkdubz808 said:

He seems to be well known through SA, even supposed 'noobs' (sock puppets more like) know about the Dubinator lol

We really need an SA hall of fame. 

The hall of fame would be a shorter list, easier to manage. The hall of lame would consist of 50% of this place.