Sign in to follow this  
Caferacer59

my SA experience

Recommended Posts

So I have been mainly a Lurker as I joined the forum as someone completely new to sailing.  Here is what I "got" from the site. 

1. Brass is the final word on rules and his explanations are excellent..

2. Rimas, is what it is

3.  Not against showing tits but the greeting demands are stale

4.  If you search this site, you will find your question has already been answered pretty well

5.  People hate Mr. Clean, but after 2 years i don't know why exactly

6.  Lesbian Robots post are the best  composed insults  I have ever read,  

7.  Guys like the Dubinator don't come around often enough, and when they do they don't stay long enough.

8,  Who is Snaggletooth?, he seems like the kind of gentleman who would be fun to sail with

8.  The place really is a wealth of knowledge if you seek out the right people on PM which I have done in the past and will in the future you get free advice!

9.  Thanks to a couple of guys here that have helped/enouraged me in the past, Brass, Ajax, couple others.....  

10.  I dig sailing, and I am getting faster and placing higher in my beercans, some of it due to site advice.

11.  Thats all i got assholes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

61 posts and still no tits. Sheesh.

Like any internet forum,  you'll have to sort the wheat from the chaff to find the information you're looking for. When it gets to be all chaff and no wheat, you'll know it's time to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matagi said:

As a German, I was quite anxious to see what your SA experience was like.

Glad you mean this place. You should be too.

Funniest damned line of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Caferacer59 said:

So I have been mainly a Lurker as I joined the forum as someone completely new to sailing.  Here is what I "got" from the site. 

1. Brass is the final word on rules and his explanations are excellent..

2. Rimas, is what it is

3.  Not against showing tits but the greeting demands are stale

4.  If you search this site, you will find your question has already been answered pretty well

5.  People hate Mr. Clean, but after 2 years i don't know why exactly

6.  Lesbian Robots post are the best  composed insults  I have ever read,  

7.  Guys like the Dubinator don't come around often enough, and when they do they don't stay long enough.

8,  Who is Snaggletooth?, he seems like the kind of gentleman who would be fun to sail with

8.  The place really is a wealth of knowledge if you seek out the right people on PM which I have done in the past and will in the future you get free advice!

9.  Thanks to a couple of guys here that have helped/enouraged me in the past, Brass, Ajax, couple others.....  

10.  I dig sailing, and I am getting faster and placing higher in my beercans, some of it due to site advice.

11.  Thats all i got assholes. 

You get it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This site has damaged me and I'm considering a lawsuit.

Couple of days ago I read a post on a facebook group where this lady complained about how there was more wind than in the forecast, and that she had to tack (!!!!!) the boat to get into port.

I replied that somebody should call the media about this rare event, and BOY did they get angry. I didn't even mean to be insulting, it was just a smart comment. But no, they had no need for people who think they are world champions and go around spreading hate.

 

Haha. Sites like that, where you can't even make a smart comment, are sooooo boring. Love SA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Matagi said:

As a German, I was quite anxious to see what your SA experience was like.

Glad you mean this place. You should be too.

I... Don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Trickypig said:

To glean all this as a newbie... I call sock.

June 2014 join date - not so new, plenty of time to get the lay of the land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, NORBowGirl said:

This site has damaged me and I'm considering a lawsuit.

Couple of days ago I read a post on a facebook group where this lady complained about how there was more wind than in the forecast, and that she had to tack (!!!!!) the boat to get into port.

I replied that somebody should call the media about this rare event, and BOY did they get angry. I didn't even mean to be insulting, it was just a smart comment. But no, they had no need for people who think they are world champions and go around spreading hate.

 

Haha. Sites like that, where you can't even make a smart comment, are sooooo boring. Love SA!

Yeah, my manners are ruined for a lot of the internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Yeah, my manners are ruined for a lot of the internet.

..... Well My manners have ruined a lot on the internet.... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2017 at 10:08 AM, hobot said:

It never ends.

S.

you're still doing this shit?  booooring.

Hey, look, a J boat photo, sponsored by J-boats.  i just came in my mouth!

s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, shit it'd dripping down into my post from above!

There goes my keyboard again...:o

Thanks for all the no bullshit answers, that is priceless, as is the comedians...

A place where everyone knows more than you about something and sometimes most everything.

Cheers

aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnd3dy5kaXNuZXlmb29kYmxvZy5jb20lMkZ3cC1jb250ZW50JTJGdXBsb2FkcyUyRjIwMTYlMkYwNiUyRlJhZ2xhbi1Sb2FkLUlyaXNoLVB1Yi1hbmQtUmVzdGF1cmFudC1HZXJzLUJyZWFkLWFuZC1CdXR0ZXItUHVkZGluZy13aXRoLVNhdWNlLTE2Xy0wMTgtNzAweDUyNi5qcGc=.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Solo said:

you're still doing this shit?  booooring.

Hey, look, a J boat photo, sponsored by J-boats.  i just came in my mouth!

s.

Lurker!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Solo said:

you're still doing this shit?  booooring.

Hey, look, a J boat photo, sponsored by J-boats.  i just came in my mouth!

s.

Dude, you must have lost some weight and gotten a whole lot more limber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rail Meat said:

Dude, you must have lost some weight and gotten a whole lot more limber.

It's not the skeleton, it's the hydraulics. Hell, I can still hit a cat from four feet away.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ishmael said:

It's not the skeleton, it's the hydraulics. Hell, I can still hit a cat from four feet away.

 

You're childless, aren't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, monsoon said:

You're childless, aren't you?

I misread that last night, I thought Ish wrote "can".

I was impressed, even for a young man four feet with accuracy is a pretty good distance when peeing.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ishmael said:

It's not the skeleton, it's the hydraulics. Hell, I can still hit a cat from four feet away.

 

With what?  Your bottle of Viagra?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2017 at 6:19 PM, Solo said:

you're still doing this shit?  booooring.

Hey, look, a J boat photo, sponsored by J-boats.  i just came in my mouth!

s.

Steve - is that you ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this