• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
SSN

How to get event coverage on FP

31 posts in this topic

Here are the three proven techniques to get event coverage in SA:

- Have SA be pissed off at you. The easiest way to do this is to ignore SA. They want to be loved and will retaliate when not. But like Phineas Barnum said, 'There's no such thing as bad publicity'

- Pay SA. This is the most common way to get event coverage in SA, as evidenced this week with the 49er Worlds coverage.

- Suck up to SA. Put SA on a pedestal, blow a gale up their backside, and promote them on your event site. This might do the trick but it would likely piss off all other media.

Those may be 3 ways to go about it.  Another way is to do a write up and send it yourself, it's worked for me.

I did a write-up 8 (yikes, really) some years ago about racing our S2 7.9 in a upper Midwest 40 mile race.  They put it up on front page (yes, it exists).  Suppose I should think about contributing again, though different boats these days.

2 hours ago, SSN said:

- Have SA be pissed off at you. The easiest way to do this is to ignore SA. They want to be loved and will retaliate when not. But like Phineas Barnum said, 'There's no such thing as bad publicity'

- Pay SA. This is the most common way to get event coverage in SA, as evidenced this week with the 49er Worlds coverage.

- Suck up to SA. Put SA on a pedestal, blow a gale up their backside, and promote them on your event site. This might do the trick but it would likely piss off all other media.

Excellent summary!  However the 49er class has never, ever paid SA a dime.  We put the coverage up because it is some of the most exciting racing out there, and because I am doing the commentary so I know it will be interesting.

Here's a more accurate summary of techniques to get event coverage on SA:

1) Send in a well-written report with a good pic or two that you haven't sent out as a press release.  This will guarantee you a spot on the front page.  It amazes me how few events will put in even this small effort to reach one of the biggest sailing audiences anywhere, especially as it is free.

2) Let us know in advance if you have planned media output from your event via e-mail so we can decide if it's something we want to cover.  We will happily make suggestions to make it easier.

3) Hire a media pro that we know and trust to deliver good content to work your event, and ask them to arrange it with us.  We are happy to provide you names of some videographers, photographers, and writers we know are reliable.

4) Buy an ad.

How about the Youth World Match Racing article I sent a month ago, with a couple of pics and link to more?

clean@sailinganarchy.com

sorry if i missed it.  feel free to follow up with a text or a skype to confirm receipt.  I get a lot of mail and some can slip through the cracks.  PM me for my number if you would like it.

Another option is to write post in a new thread, and then let us know about it.  That way you reach the thousands of forumites who visit every month as we get around to our thing

#% - incluude pictes of BWFB - theu licke herre!                  :)

just so that we are crystal clear. the poster ssn is in reality craig leweck. he is a gutless pussy who does nothing but take shots at clean, and especially me. he is constantly trolling our forums, he sends emails to regatta organizers threatening not to give their event coverage if sa is involved. he sends e-mails to sponsors, bitching about them advertising "on the dark side", all of it underhanded, chickenshit from the master of cut and paste.

how about you man up for once, pussy, and stop hiding behind a fake name, and say it to me straight-up? funny, you have lots to say here about me, but when i see you snaking around the club, you turn to stone. or is that shit? because that's all i see out of you.

people we know are sick of your bullshit m o. karma is just around the corner, bitch.

in the meantime, go sail on that cute little boat your mommy, oops, i mean your wife bought.

Ed - why don't you tell us how you really feel about this guy?

1 minute ago, Nice! said:

Ed - why don't you tell us how you really feel about this guy?

Nowe dointe go starteng troubelle, I no it ist notte youre intentte to do so, butte firey talke cane omley ende oune waye.  I appluade ED's erstrainte, a fiew choise zingeres, a challange ore to, ande we done.  When I read that I allmoste caulde foure a jihahed againste Scuttellebutte.  I realliized a alcoholle fuelled 'fielde trippe' by crazed anarchisttes coude onley inproove Lewecke's sitte, the levelle of creatitey woude soarre. 

:)

:

his bullshit act is over. and we aren't the only ones who have had enough. 

I dont recall the last field trip but found it entertaining how effective it always seems to be.

Yes, the "Have SA be pissed off at you" bullet point is the dead give away that its craig, because it doesnt make any sense on its face...

One of the many things that I find weird about the 'butt is that they often post articles with no author listed.  does this mean craig wrote it? like this 49er worlds article for example:

http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/2017/09/01/max-conditions-49erfx-worlds/

11 hours ago, SSN said:

at least say who you are, that would prolly help your cause. i really hope you aren't the owner of a competing site, because that, would be, insanely chicken shit. it would be even worse if you were outed after the fact.

If you need  "Friday" front page content sent in I can provide but I would need to run it by snagglestooths first as he has a good eye for this kind of stuff 

How about this?

he absolutely did not write it. he simply copies and pastes a press release and wants you to think it's news. it's his greatest talent. besides being a world class whiner and one of the douchiest glad handers ever. 

it is worth noting that as soon as leweck found out that clean was going to be a part of the 49er media team, he send e-mails to them complaining about clean. that is the kind of sniveling bitch i am talking about.

Got it.  That is beyond lame.  The 49er coverage has been entertaining.

Bizzare from a journalistic / copyright perspective to post so much stuff without attribution...

we do it, but only the stuff that clean or i write. the rest always gets attribution.

8 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Nowe dointe go starteng troubelle, I no it ist notte youre intentte to do so, butte firey talke cane omley ende oune waye.  I appluade ED's erstrainte, a fiew choise zingeres, a challange ore to, ande we done.  When I read that I allmoste caulde foure a jihahed againste Scuttellebutte.  I realliized a alcoholle fuelled 'fielde trippe' by crazed anarchisttes coude onley inproove Lewecke's sitte, the levelle of creatitey woude soarre. 

:

Love your work snaggy, but gosh darn it if I'm not going to go thank a teacher that I'm able to read and understand that paragraph!

:lol:

6 hours ago, hobot said:

Love your work snaggy, but gosh darn it if I'm not going to go thank a teacher that I'm able to read and understand that paragraph!

:lol:

Snags, Bob Perry and your Random Picture thread are what keep me coming back here.

[irony font]animal farm 101 : all animals are equal but some are more equal

wasn't there a rule on this here forum that outing somebody means you're gone ? [/irony font]

Sailing Anarchy 1%er, he's safe.

I thought the irony font was purple...

12 hours ago, Timo42 said:

oh, sorry, thought purple was sarcasm font, my bad

On 9/3/2017 at 0:35 AM, Timo42 said:

Sarcasm Font is purple.  

On 9/1/2017 at 9:29 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

Excellent summary!  However the 49er class has never, ever paid SA a dime.  We put the coverage up because it is some of the most exciting racing out there, and because I am doing the commentary so I know it will be interesting.

Here's a more accurate summary of techniques to get event coverage on SA:

1) Send in a well-written report with a good pic or two that you haven't sent out as a press release.  This will guarantee you a spot on the front page.  It amazes me how few events will put in even this small effort to reach one of the biggest sailing audiences anywhere, especially as it is free.

2) Let us know in advance if you have planned media output from your event via e-mail so we can decide if it's something we want to cover.  We will happily make suggestions to make it easier.

3) Hire a media pro that we know and trust to deliver good content to work your event, and ask them to arrange it with us.  We are happy to provide you names of some videographers, photographers, and writers we know are reliable.

4) Buy an ad.

Buy an ad !!

Whats a front page ??

Tits !!!!!!!!

Here is something i stumbled across unintentionally, with comment from Old Friend Bill M.

No goid place to post it but it might help this thread :-O

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/06/09/sports/yachting-nominee-rejection-costs-club-an-event.html

Every time I have written something up (in half passable english) about an event or item of interest, it has made its way to the front page.  I am sure if I wrote about sitting my living room beating off to pictures of Macgregors, they might take a pass.  But if it is interesting enough to write a thousand words about, it probably would be interesting to some one else.

Now if SSN really is a competitor.... that would be #Sad.

4 hours ago, Rail Meat said:

Every time I have written something up (in half passable english) about an event or item of interest, it has made its way to the front page.  I am sure if I wrote about sitting my living room beating off to pictures of Macgregors, they might take a pass.  But if it is interesting enough to write a thousand words about, it probably would be interesting to some one else.

Now if SSN really is a competitor.... that would be #Sad.

Damn where the hell you been ???

31 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

Damn where the hell you been ???

Between work, sailing and  now a refit - it has been a long year

I heard a rumor that Bruce Nelson is training Leweck.  

4 hours ago, Rail Meat said:

Between work, sailing and  now a refit - it has been a long year

Welcome back

Shitz been crazy out this way too !!!