• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shaggy

21 yrs and alls well..

28 posts in this topic

Sept 1 is our 21,,  Man, kid in school(CSU) , Nationals, 1/2 way or more to paying off house, I can walk normally.....  Other cool crap.. ( heart is out to Huston), but my god I would never thunk we could make it this far.  I love Mrs Shaggy soooooooo much.  Not puppy love mind you, but this is the real deal.  So where/What do you do for the woman that has everything, including me...?? Sheesh  I may have been one here for 20 at least..  

Please, raise a glass, and let me know Any and all suggestions accepted from you bastages.. Non sailor BTW.  ( Yea I know)...  Lay it on me,I am the romantic type, Mrs shaggy, not so much,,

Y'see, the gift you get for her would depend where she fits in the spectrum of "yeah, he's a great husband" down to "I can't believe that I'm still married to this putz." 

You're at 21, congratulations ... my bride and I have been married for 18, and I suspect the gift that she would most like from me would be a fat life insurance policy and something remarkably heavy to fall on my head from a 19 story building.

Would your wife like that, or maybe prefer diamond earrings and a new Audi?

Mickey,

Harshe reallitities do notte mixe welle withe romanticalle musengs.   Joe Gillis Saide "Life canbe beatifulle" beforre he wase murdured, let peopel enjoye they time inbetweene teh extreames.          :)

Shaggy, wisheng you and youre bride alle the bestte.         :)

32 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Y'see, the gift you get for her would depend where she fits in the spectrum of "yeah, he's a great husband" down to "I can't believe that I'm still married to this putz." 

You're at 21, congratulations ... my bride and I have been married for 18, and I suspect the gift that she would most like from me would be a fat life insurance policy and something remarkably heavy to fall on my head from a 19 story building.

Would your wife like that, or maybe prefer diamond earrings and a new Audi?

I am glad to see that many of us here are on the same page as you wife Mike.  Hell, I don't even care about the insurance.

Congrats Shaggy, I can't seem to get past the 10 year mark with my wives.

3 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

I am glad to see that many of us here are on the same page as you wife Mike.  Hell, I don't even care about the insurance.

Congrats Shaggy, I can't seem to get past the 10 year month mark with my wives.

You had a typo up there, fify ...

5 hours ago, shaggy said:

Sept 1 is our 21,,  Man, kid in school(CSU) , Nationals, 1/2 way or more to paying off house, I can walk normally.....  Other cool crap.. ( heart is out to Huston), but my god I would never thunk we could make it this far.  I love Mrs Shaggy soooooooo much.  Not puppy love mind you, but this is the real deal.  So where/What do you do for the woman that has everything, including me...?? Sheesh  I may have been one here for 20 at least..  

Please, raise a glass, and let me know Any and all suggestions accepted from you bastages.. Non sailor BTW.  ( Yea I know)...  Lay it on me,I am the romantic type, Mrs shaggy, not so much,,

I have great news for you. The first 21 are the hardest. It gets even better from here. Congrats. We are closing in on 29 here. 

Congrats, Shag. 26 happy ones here. With my schedule, what my wife likes best is family time, followed by couple time, followed by alone time. Actually, flip those last two. The point is, if life is busy don't make it about things. Figure out what she really likes to do with her time and give her more of that. 

We're at 37 years.

Buy her a new spinnaker.

Or a Jaguar.

1 hour ago, IStream said:

Congrats, Shag. 26 happy ones here. With my schedule, what my wife likes best is family time, followed by couple time, followed by alone time. Actually, flip those last two. The point is, if life is busy don't make it about things. Figure out what she really likes to do with her time and give her more of that. 

^ This ^

A suggestion I followed up on, a few years back, is to have a chef come to the house and cook dinner (and clean up after). It was delicious, it was an evening of absolutely no work and no worry about me in the kitchen (I am actually quite a good cook but Mrs Steam is convinced I am doing unspeakable things and must be monitored closely), even better than dinner out.

Best wishes for many more years of happiness!

-DSK

Cherish every second. Life is fragile and you never know whats around the corner.

3 hours ago, mikewof said:

my bride and I have been married for 18, and I suspect the gift that she would most like from me would be a fat life insurance policy and something remarkably heavy to fall on my head from a 19 story building.

There have been times that we would most like that, as well.

But hang in there, Mike.  All one can do is try to be a better man, husband, shit poster, etc., on a day to day basis.  

Oh, yeah.  Congrats, shaggy.  Lucky, you are.  To say nothing of the hard work it takes.

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

Cherish every second. Life is fragile and you never know whats around the corner.

Absolutely correct.

Also at thirty seven years. Seems like a couple of months.

Thirty-seven years?  What a coincidence.  My ex and I celebrated our 37th anniversary this year.  If we'd stayed married, it would have been 42.

Congrats on 21. Mrs WB and I passed 31this summer. Follow your heart. There are some good ideas in this thread about "Dinner In" with the chef , time for what makes her happy etc. Spa Day for her? For both of you?

...or the old standby, New Spinnaker!

On 9/3/2017 at 2:26 AM, Point Break said:

Best advice so far.

30 years for me and the child bride tomorrow. We are on a plane to Tasmania in the morning for 5 days of walking in the snow, visiting winerys and eating at as many good restaurants as we can find. We are being joined by a couple of our oldest friends to help us celebrate mainly because Jen finds my company a bit irritating after being alone with me for a few days. Go figure... 

So I asked her what she wanted to do because I don't really care what we do as long as I am with her. 

On 02/09/2017 at 11:19 AM, soak_ed said:

Congrats Shaggy, I can't seem to get past the 10 year mark with my wives.

i passed the 21 years mark if i combine the accumulated years of ex-wives 1 and 2. happily married to the 3rd and (hopefully) definitive wife.

21 of her favorite flowers. 

P.S. DO NOT forget any from here on out, good luck on that one...

my milk is still free after 12 years  ;-)

congrats to you and Mrs. Shaggy.......nothing feels better than knowing someone truly loves you

Hand made item are most cherished, we're on our 36th year. Do you want her to remember the occasion or just enjoy it?

Geoff

Congratulations on the 21 years and your lovely thoughts about it.

SO here you go.... Dedicate a week to doing three things that you know she would love each day.  Not expensive things, but heartfelt thing, perhaps as simple as leaving her a a note three times a day professing wht the 21 years have meant to you, combined with a few little things she know you will love.  Maybe one langging honey-dew a day that she know she has wanted to nag about, but usually doesn't.

Number 21 was a great suggestion previously...." cheffed" dinner at the house in your most romantic corner, or in a nice venue you can rent for just the two of you.

More suggestions tomorrow as I think about it more.

PS.  At one point, I celebrated 30 years of marriage, half with each of my lovely wives and I had a cake made with each half being their favorite flavors.  This only works in a good situation where both wives are friends and appreciate the thought.  I am now at 40 years, 15 and 25.

On 9/9/2017 at 4:19 AM, Bulga Naba said:

Geoff

Congratulations on the 21 years and your lovely thoughts about it.

SO here you go.... Dedicate a week to doing three things that you know she would love each day.  Not expensive things, but heartfelt thing, perhaps as simple as leaving her a a note three times a day professing wht the 21 years have meant to you, combined with a few little things she know you will love.  Maybe one langging honey-dew a day that she know she has wanted to nag about, but usually doesn't.

Number 21 was a great suggestion previously...." cheffed" dinner at the house in your most romantic corner, or in a nice venue you can rent for just the two of you.

More suggestions tomorrow as I think about it more.

PS.  At one point, I celebrated 30 years of marriage, half with each of my lovely wives and I had a cake made with each half being their favorite flavors.  This only works in a good situation where both wives are friends and appreciate the thought.  I am now at 40 years, 15 and 25.

If this is true then in my opinion you need to start showing some respect to your wife and your first one really needs to move on and get a life of her own. But it sounds like bullshit to me. What are the chance of finding and marring two women that would let themselves be treated like that?

Really - marriage advice from someone who isn't still with #1 is a bit - how shall I put it?

Ridiculous.

On 9/3/2017 at 1:58 AM, SloopJonB said:

We're at 37 years.

Buy her a new spinnaker.

Or a Jaguar.

That Jaguar, we talking the 4 wheel panty remover or 4 paws and a nasty demeanour?

XJR.JPG

Spinnaker for the jaguar.  Made of her panties?

Can't see it in that pic but they are hanging from the mirror. :D

Congrats on 21.  Wife and I turning the 20 year mark next month.

I had her wedding ring and engagement ring redone into one ring.  We did a trip to england over the summer and are spending #20 in nashville for a long weekend.