• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Lark

Unperson

363 posts in this topic

I'm probably next, or just walking.   

:rolleyes: Go out for a packet of ciggies and when I came back the house had burned down..who called the riot police?

What happened to the Dab thread?

7 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Is this how the rapture comes down?

I go away for a few hours fully expecting Bent and/or Ben to have completely corn holed Mod/Turd/RD by the time I get back. That's always fun, right? But no, the thread is gone. WTF?

WTF.   Just started catching up on the Dabs thread and it's gone.  Ok go to read the Irma thread gone   Who is at the controls pull up before this site nose dives into obscurity. 

26 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Is this how the rapture comes down?

No I'm still here. :)

1 minute ago, TMSAIL said:

WTF.   Just started catching up on the Dabs thread and it's gone.  Ok go to read the Irma thread gone   Who is at the controls pull up before this site nose dives into obscurity. 

Oh no! the admins of a SAILING forum have decided they don't want to deal with the shit in it's political sub-forum. Whatever shall they, and the vast majority of people who come here primarily for the discussions on sailing, do now that Dabs is gone, and SV is gone, and the thread that was discussing them being flicked is gone... 

...I mean, other than shrug, ask who really gives a shit, and return to their discussion of sailing.

Looks like SV is gone.  Did he ever figure out that the welfare clause has nothing to do with animals?  Anyone else missing?  

Pretty fucking heavy handed of the thought police to kill the thread just after I pointed out that SV had real sailing credentials.   I'm trying to decide if I want to get flicked or if I'd rather go to bed.    Never did much like authority, now this thread has a big brother making sure we don't have a thoughtcrime.     It was also pointed out that SV was himself accused of pedophilia in the now unthread.  

2 minutes ago, Lark said:

Pretty fucking heavy handed of the thought police to kill the thread just after I pointed out that SV had real sailing credentials.   I'm trying to decide if I want to get flicked or if I'd rather go to bed.    Never did much like authority, now this thread has a big brother making sure we don't have a thoughtcrime.     

Missed the discussion. I fucking hate banning there are two people that I agree with the bans Sled girl went after BJ's family and AKAGP who was fucking insane. 

Todays snowflakes would drive the mods nuts if George was still posting. 

And now the example for others is gone, for those who did not see or happen.   The fatal bear trap that all have been warned about has been reset.

Fucking hard for the community to learn manners this way.  

But then, as we have been reminded before, PA is not valued by management.  Walled off and tolerated.  

6 minutes ago, random said:

And now the example for others is gone, for those who did not see or happen.   The fatal bear trap that all have been warned about has been reset.

But then, as we have been reminded before, PA is not valued by management.  Walled off and tolerated.  

cmilliken had said Dabs final post was just the usual race bating.  It appears SV was successfully provoked into a posting that some questioned but which would get past any firewall.   He was then accused of being a pedo, and banned.   His accuser was not banned.    The thread was banned to destroy the evidence.     I'm curious how long this thread will last.   

8 minutes ago, random said:

And your problem with that is... well, what exactly? It's a bloody sailing forum. It's in the freaking name of the place. Plenty of other websites focused on politics if you want it.

Hell, politicalpisspot.com is still available if you want to start up a political free-for-all forum without any other needs and considerations.

(SV) was then accused of being a pedo, and banned.   His accuser was not banned.

This one surprises me much more than the thread nuking. It's not like Turd Sandwich even tries to look like anything but a troll-sock. That he's still around but SV got nuked is a bit whiffy. The only thing that "might" make it reasonable is if SV went mental in PM (he wouldn't be the first asshole to try hiding their real intent behind the PM wall).

37 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

No I'm still here. :)

Me too

Just now, Bent Sailor said:

And your problem with that is... well, what exactly? It's a bloody sailing forum. It's in the freaking name of the place. Plenty of other websites focused on politics if you want it.

Hell, politicalpisspot.com is still available if you want to start up a political free-for-all forum without any other needs and considerations.

This one surprises me much more than the thread nuking. It's not like Turd Sandwich even tries to look like anything but a troll-sock. That he's still around but SV got nuked is a bit whiffy. The only thing that "might" make it reasonable is if SV went mental in PM (he wouldn't be the first asshole to try hiding their real intent behind the PM wall).

I had wondered if SV was provoked into something stupid on the Irma thread, he does have a tendancy to charge on command.  But when they killed the Dabs thread to try to shut us up as we discussed the merits of the former Anarchists I got pissed off.    

4 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

I think THE RULES say infer or imply

9 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

29 minutes ago, random said:

Over 1m posts in PA. 

Jboat anarchy not so much

Probably hard to get non Russian sponsors.  

Probably hard to get non Russian sponsors.  

Do you really think thats the problem here ? 

1 minute ago, Moderate said:

Do you really think thats the problem here ? 

No sponsor equals low value forum.    Making fun of the FB revelation they sold political adds to Russia of course.   

Just now, Lark said:

No sponsor equals low value forum.    Making fun of the FB revelation they sold political adds to Russia of course.   

Linky?

19 minutes ago, Lark said:

I had wondered if SV was provoked into something stupid on the Irma thread, he does have a tendancy to charge on command.  But when they killed the Dabs thread to try to shut us up as we discussed the merits of the former Anarchists I got pissed off.    

Honestly, don't think it has jack to do with anyone discussing the merits of former members. They banned SV (for reasons unstated) and those who thought that it was the earlier pedo references started arguing about the lack of consistency given the Turd Sandwich sock was still around. A dash of "We don't have to explain ourselves" mixed into the usual batch of "Fuck it, who wants to deal with PA's shit" goes a lot further in explaining the threads absence than trying to shut down discussion of SV's sailing accolades.

23 minutes ago, Moderate said:

I think THE RULES say infer or imply

They do. Turd Sandwich did that without the ban hammer coming down. That's the point.

17 minutes ago, Moderate said:

I felt it was apropo

I'm not surprised. The sadder the loser, the more obsessed they get with humping my leg. After all, the thread isn't about me.

1 minute ago, Bent Sailor said:

They do.

Thank you

Just now, Moderate said:

Do you have a problem with $peach?

Yes.   I'd like to buy a new opinion from the Supreme Court. 

Just now, Lark said:

Yes.   I'd like to buy a new opinion from the Supreme Court. 

So would I.

Best wishes to you

Without the law, where goes the republic ?

7 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Do you have a problem with $peach?

I don't have a problem with speaches, or sapples or soragnes.

Go sailing, and all kinda shit goes down. But SV broke the rule posted at the top of the page. What did he expect?

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Go sailing, and all kinda shit goes down. But SV broke the rule posted at the top of the page. What did he expect?

We are a country of laws, arent we?

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

SV broke the rule posted at the top of the page.

What do we know? What happened? 

Just now, Raz'r said:

Yin and Yang.  Senile right winger gets booted. . . . daffy senile left winger gets booted. Circle of life.   It's remarkable how similar Dabs and SV were, yet so different, too. 

ENSO+THE+CIRCLE+OF+LIFE.jpg

5 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

From what I saw , there was an implication, not too overt, but still over the line

32 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Thank you

You're welcome. Anytime your weak ego needs online validation for your existence, we're here for you.

3 minutes ago, Moderate said:

From what I saw , there was an implication, not too overt but still over the line

I dunno, looked pretty overt to me.  

11 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I dunno, looked pretty overt to me.  

Im tryin to be nice

11 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

SV posted a picture of "My First Little Boob Job". It was skating on thin ice and I can see it might have deserved a warning.

Turd Sandwich made a statement that posting said image was about SV's desire for young children (can't recall the exact words, but he was doing more than imply pedo). He's not nuked, but seems pretty quiet given his usual MO of shitting over everyone and everything.

Perhaps SV had a flag on record already. He's been known to fly off the handle before with little provocation, and this was perhaps the last straw for a mod team who no longer cares to police spats in PA. 

4 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

SV posted a picture of "My First Little Boob Job". It was skating on thin ice and I can see it might of deserved a warning.

Turd Sandwich made a statement that posting said image was about SV's desire for young children (can't recall the exact words, but he was doing more than imply pedo). He's not nuked, but seems pretty quiet given his usual MO of shitting over everyone and everything.

Perhaps SV had a flag on record already. He's been known to fly off the handle before with little provocation, and this was perhaps the last straw for a mod team who no longer cares to police spats in PA. 

He has gotten the hammer before.

SV I mean

im glad Sv is gone. that sombitch called me a idjit for no reason.

2 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

im glad SV is gone. that sombitch called me a idjit for no reason.

Name calling isnt productive behavior

3 hours ago, Lark said:

I'm probably next, or just walking.   

Fuckin Staff around here needs to either ressurect Rimas or provide us with a suitible substitute.

Union Fuck layabouts

51 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Actually..no he didn't. He posted the cover of a book anyone can buy..Nothing salacious in it . Tit was a satire on little golden books and Women's obsession with breast surgery.. Obviously having a go at TS..but a bloody long stretch .

There's whole genre of these books..even public libraries have them.If anyone should be banned it's TS.

His response was a direct P inference against SV.. 

Silly boy stuff..but if TS had half a ball..He'd fess up to Zap.

Mr Zap..Trust me..I'm a librarian..This is unjust.

OK OK I won't cry ..It's only an internet forum.

Zap might time me out for arguing though :( 

I get the rationale offered to why insinuating pedo is a banning offence.  What I don't get is why just pedo?

I have been to print here before suggesting that telling someone to kill themselves (as has happened, even with someone who claimed to have considered topping themselves)  is worthy of banning the author.  The rationale being that it is possible that someone could take the advice and do it.  It's kind of a one-way trip.  But that's all good here.  Accusing someone of being a pedo although serious and ban worthy... isn't fatal FFS. 

As would a variety of other claims that can be made at the click of a mouse.  Mother-fucker is a an accusation of incest, illegal in most white western countries but perfectly ok in PA.  Calling someone gay, bi-sexual, insane, dishonest, a criminal, or guilty of a list of illegalities as bad a pedo in eyes of the law, that could definitely affect the reputation of a person, but they are fine here.

Odd isn't it?

Edit: I see the post count in PA has reduced by ~30,000.  The Great Purge is underway.

Scott's place, Scott's rules.  How it's always been.

Does anyone remember who started the "Dabs permaflicked" thread?  Since it looks like banning now involves removing all of a poster's threads...

You just answered your own question.

2 hours ago, frenchie said:

Scott's place, Scott's rules.  How it's always been.

Does anyone remember who started the "Dabs permaflicked" thread?  Since it looks like banning now involves removing all of a poster's threads...

This.

I don't recall who created that thread but I suspect it got deleted because (1) it had some leftovers from SV and (2) there was scratching at the scab relative to Dabs.  I don't think the thread creator got zapped - that thread was a vestigial organ.

Lark - you are an 'honor student' relative to the baseline in this place :)

I thought it was actually SloopJon that started the Dabs thread. Can't verify it now, but that was my vague memory of it's origin. I know it wasn't Dabs (obviously) or SV, so it wasn't an automatic deletion based on their excision from the database.

Honestly reckon it's removal was a combination of what cmilliken described (scratching at the SV & Dabs scabs); plus a healthy dose of "The thread isn't going to get better once it hits the pedo insinuations, just nuke it".

7 hours ago, Moderate said:

Me too

How many of your socks got flicked?  Or are they just resting the hamper for later use?

1 hour ago, cmilliken said:

This.

I don't recall who created that thread but I suspect it got deleted because (1) it had some leftovers from SV and (2) there was scratching at the scab relative to Dabs.  I don't think the thread creator got zapped - that thread was a vestigial organ.

Lark - you are an 'honor student' relative to the baseline in this place :)

32 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

I thought it was actually SloopJon that started the Dabs thread. Can't verify it now, but that was my vague memory of it's origin. I know it wasn't Dabs (obviously) or SV, so it wasn't an automatic deletion based on their excision from the database.

Honestly reckon it's removal was a combination of what cmilliken described (scratching at the SV & Dabs scabs); plus a healthy dose of "The thread isn't going to get better once it hits the pedo insinuations, just nuke it".

Sloop started the thread.    I was pissed they censored my conversation and took the dog for a walk instead of explaining in great graphic details what was wrong with the management,   Mrleft8 was responding to a quote I dug up from a January poll on sailing background.   I think he has met SV.    SV's list of experience was deleted but impressive.    There was a quote, I think By The Lee, wondering if he was for real.    The mod dropped the hammer as Mrleft8's comment came up.   I can't find that poll either now but don't have time to look.

53 minutes ago, Lark said:

Sloop started the thread.    I was pissed they censored my conversation and took the dog for a walk instead of explaining in great graphic details what was wrong with the management,   Mrleft8 was responding to a quote I dug up from a January poll on sailing background.   I think he has met SV.    SV's list of experience was deleted but impressive.    There was a quote, I think By The Lee, wondering if he was for real.    The mod dropped the hammer as Mrleft8's comment came up.   I can't find that poll either now but don't have time to look.

53 minutes ago, Lark said:

I do indeed know SV. I have been on both of his last two boats, A Hinckley Islander, and a Tancook Schooner. I even did a little work on the Tancook.

He has sailed a lot more than most people on this forum, before medical issues grounded him a few years ago, I'd be willing to bet.

Is it just a coincidence how GA has been overrun with threads from some strange bots right around the time Dabs and SV got banned?

Neither guy will be missed by me. Dabs was funny at first but woefully predictable. And like BL, started so many threads I normally skipped on by because the discussion was too obvious. Sandy was just a "me too" guy. Doubtless a better sailor than a political analyst. 15K threads in a very short time. None of us has that much to say of any value. That SV got impaled by the one and only rule says it all to me,

What is noteworthy, imho, is that these flickings are healthy for the sub-forum. I'd like to see more of it. These guys were nobodies aggravating everybody. As noted upthread, the insults get old fast. I can't see the need to label a guy an idiot for disagreeing with you. Plus most of us are well-educated. But like driving at rush hour, behavior always goes down, never up. I can recall a time when you kinda sorta lost an argument when your only comeback was a personal insult.

7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Actually..no he didn't. He posted the cover of a book anyone can buy..Nothing salacious in it . Tit was a satire on little golden books and Women's obsession with breast surgery.. Obviously having a go at TS..but a bloody long stretch .

There's whole genre of these books..even public libraries have them.If anyone should be banned it's TS.

His response was a direct P inference against SV.. 

Silly boy stuff..but if TS had half a ball..He'd fess up to Zap.

Mr Zap..Trust me..I'm a librarian..This is unjust.

OK OK I won't cry ..It's only an internet forum.

Zap might time me out for arguing though :( 

Prouda you for stepping up. Send lawyers guns and money to SV, the shit has hit the fan.

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

What a bunch of little bitches,

Moi?

8 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

Yin and Yang.  Senile right winger gets booted. . . . daffy senile left winger gets booted. Circle of life.   It's remarkable how similar Dabs and SV were, yet so different, too. 

ENSO+THE+CIRCLE+OF+LIFE.jpg

moi?

11 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Moi?

no.

Sv was a bit of a mad old bastard..a lonely mad old bastard maybe..but I've known him on the internet for years..He's no WBF buddy of mine..But..he had his own morality and honour.

He was no sock or spammer..(thats for bus driver)

He knew more about boats and sailing than most of you.

Sure he jumped in to every thread fists flailing..but to lump him in with likes of Dabnis just demonstrates poor character judgment on your parts.

1) SV never trolled anyone or anything

2)SV was never a racist.

Some of you remind me of a mob at a public hanging.

59 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Is it just a coincidence how GA has been overrun with threads from some strange bots right around the time Dabs and SV got banned?

Dunno, but it's damned annoying....

Here's more of the stuff that has no meaning or value:

Meli: He knew more about boats and sailing than most of you.

7 hours ago, random said:

I get the rationale offered to why insinuating pedo is a banning offence.  What I don't get is why just pedo?

I have been to print here before suggesting that telling someone to kill themselves (as has happened, even with someone who claimed to have considered topping themselves)  is worthy of banning the author.  The rationale being that it is possible that someone could take the advice and do it.  It's kind of a one-way trip.  But that's all good here.  Accusing someone of being a pedo although serious and ban worthy... isn't fatal FFS. 

As would a variety of other claims that can be made at the click of a mouse.  Mother-fucker is a an accusation of incest, illegal in most white western countries but perfectly ok in PA.  Calling someone gay, bi-sexual, insane, dishonest, a criminal, or guilty of a list of illegalities as bad a pedo in eyes of the law, that could definitely affect the reputation of a person, but they are fine here.

Odd isn't it?

Edit: I see the post count in PA has reduced by ~30,000.  The Great Purge is underway.

It took years for the mods to take firm action, but there were a handful of posters taking the pedo accusations way too far. Including threatening to contact other posters' yacht club boards to "warn" them of these accusations they were hearing on the web, to "protect" the children at the club. Of course they were the ones making the accusations in the first place.

With all due respect, Meli, how good a sailor SV might be / have been means absolutely sweet fuck all when it comes to his behaviour in PA.

SV didn't have to troll any specific individual because he attacked everyone. I lost count months ago of how often he would attack someone because he misunderstood something, didn't get a pop culture or current affairs reference, and/or didn't have the capability of admitting he made a mistake without acting like a spoilt five year old. That he knew more about boats than most the socks here has jack shit to do with whether he was worth tolerating when he flailed in about politics.

I don't think his post deserved a banning, but when it comes to signal vs noise in PoliticalAnarchy - he and Dabs were  100% in the same boat. Dabs racist trolling was more than made up for by the sheer volume of nonsensical, ill-informed, and often unintelligible ranting coming from SV. This was not a good place for a man like that. PA & SV were an ill fit and both are better off without the other.

It was somewhere for him to "socialise" He harmed no one unless you are the sort that gets all hot and weepy when a crabby old man has a bit of a rant in your general direction.

I don't like elitists or bullys much...and as for him not being able to keep up with "intellect" of this political forum..Well REALLY?

60% of posts on here are idiotic drivel...whats a few thousand more  if it keeps an old man amused.?

Dabs OTOH ?? well yer..you can tar and feather him. 

I'm done.

24 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

It was somewhere for him to "socialise"

And there are many other places he can socialise. His removal from here isn't preventing him from socialising - he's just as capable of annoying other people online in hundreds of thousands of other forums. All that his banning does here is stop him being a nuisance to people who were, quite frankly & obviously, sick of the guy having nothing worth listening to. Which might not be such an issue if he wasn't out posting everyone in an effort to rant at everyone and everything they might choose to comment on.

He harmed no one unless you are the sort that gets all hot and weepy when a crabby old man has a bit of a rant in your general direction.

Don't need to be harmful to be an unrelenting nuisance. Just look at Dabs. ;)

I don't like elitists or bullys much...and as for him not being able to keep up with "intellect" of this political forum..Well REALLY?

Sadly, yeah, the man couldn't even keep up with the low level of intellect this sub-forum considers "normal". The guy was STILL incapable of understanding the sarcasm font and STILL incapable of accepting someone who explained it to him when he flew off the rails unnecessarily. Sad thing was, he was giving the troll socks a good rep by comparison when it came to simple reading comprehension... and as you point out, they're not exhibiting much in the way of higher level brain function.

Dabs OTOH ?? well yer..you can tar and feather him. 

But this was a place for him to socialise. He harmed no one unless you're the sort that gets all hot & weepy when an old man has a bit of a rant in your general direction. He actually COULD keep up with the "intellect" of this political forum. And so on. I'm sure you get the picture.

Both of them were relatively harmless gits. Both of them were a nuisance that we're better off without. In the case of SV though, I actually think he's also better off without PA (whereas Dabs should go into withdrawal in a few days and hit up another sailing web-site hoping to be noticed by someone from here, or SailNet, or ... - the man has a pattern).

wh0000 duh fuck cares

an irrelevent semi political site , stuck on a sailing site overrunns bi a bunches of mostly lonely, pathetic realllly olds non sailers who thinks anyone care about "there" virtually illegible ranting dats no 1 cares about.

ya'll a bunches 0 pathetic loooosers butts sometime entertaining in ann oddds sort o way

If Dabs called himself "Sinbad," who would be the wiser?

7 minutes ago, poopie pants said:

wh0000 duh fuck cares

an irrelevent semi political site , stuck on a sailing site overrunns bi a bunches of mostly lonely, pathetic realllly olds non sailers who thinks anyone care about "there" virtually illegible ranting dats no 1 cares about.

ya'll a bunches 0 pathetic loooosers butts sometime entertaining in ann oddds sort o way

Snaggs could have written this better.

5 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Snaggs could have written this better.

ya got ta brings its downs to "there" level o understandin 

17 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I'm done.

Dabs had no place here, he was a misguided old racist, and his racial taunts became boorish. Sv Airlie was a gadfly but added more to the conversation than he took away, he sometimes got into childish disputes that were a waste of time, and disrupted threads at times. His rebuke should be temporary and not permanent, if it is permanent, it is an authoritarian overreach and should be reconsidered. The same for Turd Sandwich, I can't recall him having priors and if his record is clean his rebuke should be temporary also. I hope the mod, or Editor makes this clear along with the reasoning for their decision. 

18 minutes ago, poopie pants said:

ya got ta brings its downs to "there" level o understandin 

N Deed!

it's simple really. Just avoid the Pedo stuff, and don't be a total racist a-hole (that's new) and the mods don't seem to care HOW annoying you are. Otherwise Poopie would be gone by now.

airlie was many things...and zero of them were desirable. bj warned him and, like always, he couldn't keep his yapper shut.

12 hours ago, Lark said:

cmilliken had said Dabs final post was just the usual race bating.

Not really - he amped it way up in the post that killed him - the old "one drop of blood" bullshit.

Surprised about SV though - that pic of the "children's book" he posted was so obviously satirical I can't imagine anyone including it under the pedo rules.

1 hour ago, poopie pants said:

duh

19 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Not really - he amped it way up in the post that killed him - the old "one drop of blood" bullshit.

Surprised about SV though - that pic of the "children's book" he posted was so obviously satirical I can't imagine anyone including it under the pedo rules.

just IMHO, it wasn't necessarily the book, I believe he implied it was the sort of book another poster enjoyed.

I deleted my redundant thread about recent flicking 

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

His rebuke should be temporary and not permanent, if it is permanent, it is an authoritarian overreach and should be reconsidered. The same for Turd Sandwich, I can't recall him having priors and if his record is clean his rebuke should be temporary also. I hope the mod, or Editor makes this clear along with the reasoning for their decision.

Offering an opinion... expecting transparency... 

Come on.  You think this place is a democracy?  It's a privately-owned dictatorship; never pretended to be anything else. 

First rule: do not piss off the Owner. 

The line isn't whether you "deserve" to be flicked; it's whether Scott's fed up with your shit. 

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

just IMHO, it wasn't necessarily the book, I believe he implied it was the sort of book another poster enjoyed.

To be honest, I didn't see it that way.  His assertion that he found that cover through a search of "children's books" (or whatever he said) was complete bullshit.  But, I thought he was just being a dick.

1 hour ago, frenchie said:

Offering an opinion... expecting transparency... 

Come on.  You think this place is a democracy?  It's a privately-owned dictatorship; never pretended to be anything else. 

First rule: do not piss off the Owner. 

The line isn't whether you "deserve" to be flicked; it's whether Scott's fed up with your shit. 

Don't piss off the customers is as old as don't piss off the owner. If I don't like the behavior I see, I'll go somewhere else...no problem.

1 hour ago, Gouvernail said:

I deleted my redundant thread about recent flicking 

duh fact you felt duh need to post that vital info proves my point 

Thanks

I love how some are defending SV.  I believe It's only because he batted for their team.  He was a nasty old bastard to some of us.   He took a shot involving my daughter and rape a few weeks back so he ended up on ignore.  Frenchy nailed it Dabs didn't break the only rule but Scot flicked him anyway.   If SV crossed the pedo line, he knew not to cross tough shit your gone.    

9 minutes ago, poopie pants said:

duh

23 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Don't piss off the customers is as old as don't piss off the owner. If I don't like the behavior I see, I'll go somewhere else...no problem.

the "customers" in this case? Google Adverts.

We're more the product...

12 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

I love how some are defending SV.  I believe It's only because he batted for their team.  He was a nasty old bastard to some of us.   He took a shot involving my daughter and rape a few weeks back so he ended up on ignore.  Frenchy nailed it Dabs didn't break the only rule but Scot flicked him anyway.   If SV crossed the pedo line, he knew not to cross tough shit your gone.    

yep

6 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Here's more of the stuff that has no meaning or value:

Meli: He knew more about boats and sailing than most of you.

Only because you have little knowledge of boats and sailing, yet you continue to plague a sailing forum.

16 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

the "customers" in this case? Google Adverts.

We're more the product...

Maybe. I come here because I'm comfortable, I know the players, I know how they think and it makes discussion more lively than at an anonymous message board where the trolls are almost professional, and the idiots make poopie pants seem like a Nobel prize winner. 

The adverts here I never see, and the management has never asked me to turn off my adblocker which I would happily do if asked. 

Don't know about the rest of you but I have already forgotten the contents of all posts and threads started by whoever was flicked. 

Was somebody flicked?

7 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Don't know about the rest of you but I have already forgotten the contents of all posts and threads started by whoever was flicked. 

Was somebody flicked?

sometimes Alzheimer's is beneficial....

17 hours ago, bhyde said:

Which dab's thread????  I've been in the Red Sea diving all week.  What did I miss?

1 minute ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Which dab's thread????  I've been in the Red Sea diving all week.  What did I miss?

You missed The Great PA Conservative Purge-O-Rama. Dabs - Flicked. SVA - Flicked. Turd - Flicked. Threads containing Dabbling - Perma Flushed. Seems there was some Pedo insinuations/innuendo along with some general house cleaning. Rumor has it that Moderate is next. Same 'ol shit. Nothing to see here...

1 minute ago, bhyde said:

You missed The Great PA Conservative Purge-O-Rama. Dabs - Flicked. SVA - Flicked. Turd - Flicked. Threads containing Dabbling - Perma Flushed. Seems there was some Pedo insinuations/innuendo along with some general house cleaning. Rumor has it that Moderate is next. Same 'ol shit. Nothing to see here...

damn b, you make it sound as good as the great mighetto delete. this was not nearly as good, just good riddance

1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

Who is "defending SV"? 

I will eagerly spread that "last days of Moderate" rumor 

Sandy Vag  was certainly  a conservative right winger but Wasn't Dabs a huge advocate for BLM, Obama, gun controls, and inviting Mecicsn rapists to vote??