• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spatial Ed

Limbaugh thinks Irma is fake news

205 posts in this topic

So the great one is declaring the hurricane is fake news and nobody should pay attention.

I sure hope all Dittoheads follow his lead and actually go to the beach to prove it.  We need some cleansing of the gene pool.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/09/06/rush-limbaughs-dangerous-suggestion-that-hurricane-irma-is-fake-news/?utm_term=.0442fa41dbe3

There is symbiotic relationship between retailers and local media, and it’s related to money. It revolves around money. You have major, major industries and businesses which prosper during times of crisis and panic, such as a hurricane, which could destroy or greatly damage people’s homes, and it could interrupt the flow of water and electricity. So what happens?

Well, the TV stations begin reporting this and the panic begins to increase. And then people end up going to various stores to stock up on water and whatever they might need for home repairs and batteries and all this that they’re advised to get, and a vicious circle is created. You have these various retail outlets who spend a lot of advertising dollars with the local media.

The local media, in turn, reports in such a way as to create the panic way far out, which sends people into these stores to fill up with water and to fill up with batteries, and it becomes a never-ending repeated cycle. And the two coexist. So the media benefits with the panic with increased eyeballs, and the retailers benefit from the panic with increased sales, and the TV companies benefit because they’re getting advertising dollars from the businesses that are seeing all this attention from customers.

Ha ha maybe ol Rush went to fill up his petrol tank and missed out or had to pay 2c more per gallon. (he lives in palm beach)

Head shake..

Someone should tell him that hurricanes only go to category 5.  This isn't 5 out of 10.. this is 'oh shit, we ran out of numbers'  - 5 is as high as it goes..category 5.

He's being an idiot.

3 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

Head shake..

Someone should tell him that hurricanes only go to category 5.  This isn't 5 out of 10.. this is 'oh shit, we ran out of numbers'  - 5 is as high as it goes..category 5.

He's being an idiot.

TMSail takes what Limbaugh says and regurgitates it on this forum.  Why can't we have a 6?  Do climatologists have a problem with the truth that hurricanes can be better than a 5?

Why am I not surprised that you've been listening to Limbaugh again? 

Anyone want to take bets on whether Limbaugh's Palm Beach estate is shuttered for Irma's arrival?  Asshole.  Anyone who listens to that bit of tripe and gets themselves killed will be true victims of natural selection.  

If you listen to and believe Limbaugh then you deserve whatever happens to you.

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Anyone want to take bets on whether Limbaugh's Palm Beach estate is shuttered for Irma's arrival?  Asshole.  Anyone who listens to that bit of tripe and gets themselves killed will be true victims of natural selection.  

How far is Mara Lago from Palm beach?  Could be Jesus is gonna do a wicked 7/10 split.

1 minute ago, Spatial Ed said:

How far is Mara Lago from Palm beach?  Could be Jesus is gonna do a wicked 7/10 split.

Mara Lago is in PB.  Trump, Limbaugh, Coulter.  A happy neighborhood....

Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

Mara Lago is in PB.  Trump, Limbaugh, Coulter.  A happy neighborhood....

You know where my prayers will be tonight.

Actually it would be a shame if Mar a lago got hit..it's an historic mansion..Trump wouldn't stump up for repairs, just make an inflated insurance claim then buldoze it for cheap nasty condo's to sell to suckers.

I hope it goes nowhere near his place.  Let it take a big right turn and head out to sea.  Please.  

Keep it out of your way lefty and sol :) 

18 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Keep it out of your way lefty and sol :) 

Not looking great at the moment, with today's models showing a leftward shift and the storm coming straight up the center of the state.  Pretty much worst case scenario for me.  

10 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Not looking great at the moment, with today's models showing a leftward shift and the storm coming straight up the center of the state.  Pretty much worst case scenario for me.  

Can't you tie everything down and leave? It's just stuff when it comes down to it. :(

12 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Best of luck Soly, stay safe.

1 hour ago, Spatial Ed said:

TMSail takes what Limbaugh says and regurgitates it on this forum.  Why can't we have a 6?  Do climatologists have a problem with the truth that hurricanes can be better than a 5?

Oh please.  I haven't listened to  more the 10 mins of Rush in the last 5 years.  It's always those on the left that are repeating his drivel. 

I think he is a Dick for downplaying the storm.  But Special Eddy is a bigger dick for praying for Irma to hit the state for fucking politics. 

26 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Please be safe my friend. 

3 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

With you.  Stay safe, Sol.

4 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Thanks.  It's a long way out, and it is supposed to slow down a good bit as it nears FL.  Sunday night/Monday morning should be pretty sporty in these parts.  Lots of prep still to do.  Shutters tomorrow, after a 5 am Walmart run.  Looking forward to that time when there's nothing left to do but knock back a shot of Cuban rum and wait it out.  

People are going nuts around here.  Just batshit crazy.  

I'll add thoughts and prayers are for everyone in the path of IRMA.  Even those of you that butt heads with me.  Stay safe.  

31 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Get the shutters done and take off. better to come back and clean up than try to keep the world from falling apart while hell breaks loose. I agree with TM, all Floridians we are with you.

13 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Thanks.  It's a long way out, and it is supposed to slow down a good bit as it nears FL.  Sunday night/Monday morning should be pretty sporty in these parts.  Lots of prep still to do.  Shutters tomorrow, after a 5 am Walmart run.  Looking forward to that time when there's nothing left to do but knock back a shot of Cuban rum and wait it out.  

Do people still have storm cellars in places like Florida?

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

Too close to sea level, for the most part.  I have an old school 1955 red brick house with hollow bricks that have been reinforced with rebar and poured concrete to the top of every wall, and a concrete block guest house/bunker.  I'll be alright. 

Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

Too close to sea level, for the most part.  I have an old school 1955 red brick house with hollow bricks that have been reinforced with rebar and poured concrete to the top of every wall, and a concrete block guest house/bunker.  I'll be alright. 

Ok sounds like it may have survived a few already..just keep the windows closed :)

9 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

You can't be this stupid.    Why would anyone in Florida go underground during a hurricane.  Suicide by drowning? 

Just now, TMSAIL said:

You can't be this stupid.    Why would anyone go underground during a hurricane.  Suicide by drowning. 

Branson survived in his wine cellar.

Ok sounds like it may have survived a few already..just keep the windows closed :)

The locals are saying that it is expected to drop to Cat 2 by the time it gets up to this end of the state.  That makes me feel a lot better for this area.  I feel for my peeps in South Florida.  That is looking ugly.  Miami floods on a full moon, these days.  

You can't be this stupid.    Why would anyone in Florida go underground during a hurricane.  Suicide by drowning? 

Well there must be a zillion stupid people in Florida then

https://www.google.com.au/search?rlz=1C1CHBD_en-gbAU714AU714&q=storm+shelter+requirements+florida&oq=storm+shelter+requirements+florida&gs_l=psy-ab.3...6898.9009.0.10155.7.7.0.0.0.0.208.995.0j4j1.5.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..2.0.0.8Ms6TbP5mS4

You said Storm Cellar NOT shelter or safe room 

Cellar implies a place underground 

A for effort though. 

So sorry, my knowlege of storm shelter extends about as far as the wizard of oz :D

38 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

So sorry, my knowlege of storm shelter extends about as far as the wizard of oz :D

I thought you all used the metric system down under

-DSK

Aw jeez, movie references.  I had to buy an oddball sized tap and drill bit today, from a specialty shop.  The cashier asked if I had an account, to which I replied "I'm a guest of the Underhills.  Please include two orders of lobster thermidor." I thought the guy was going to fall over.  

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There's a reason why all those Old Florida houses are double cinderblock.

I have an ethanol-fuel drone with enough range to get down there, if you're low on supplies You can mail it back (empty of course) once the fun is over.

-DSK

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

There's a reason why all those Old Florida houses are double cinderblock.

I have an ethanol-fuel drone with enough range to get down there, if you're low on supplies You can mail it back (empty of course) once the fun is over.

-DSK

Now that sounds pretty cool.  Lets see what happens.  I have a bunch of food stored, and plenty of water; a diesel generator and over 50 gallons of fuel.  Everything charged, including hotspot if my cable/wifi goes out. Lots of redundancy.  

"The latest update from the US National Hurricane Center issues upgraded warnings for South Florida and the Florida Keys: 

A hurricane warning has been issued from Jupiter Inlet southward around the Florida peninsula to Bonita Beach, as well as for the Florida Keys, Lake Okeechobee, and Florida Bay. 
A storm surge warning has been issued from Jupiter Inlet southward around the Florida peninsula to Bonita Beach, as well as for the Florida Keys."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2017/sep/07/hurricane-irma-live-latest-updates-caribbean

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

WhT happens to the people that have to work?    

Once the watches go up, fewer people are working.  Once the warnings go up, few people are working.  You have to have stuff done a couple of days early.  

The stress of this storm could put Limbaugh back onto narcotics.  Are there NA meetings during the height of a hurricane?  

I am amazed at how many people on Facebook have picked up the ball from this idiot and run with it. Our governor is working his ass off to get people to take it seriously and prepare for it, and this attention whore is trying to bump up his ratings by putting people's lives at risk. 

Anyone who lets their guard down because of this cocksucker and gets themselves killed deserves what they get. Un Fucking Real.

3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I am amazed at how many people on Facebook have picked up the ball from this idiot and run with it. Our governor is working his ass off to get people to take it seriously and prepare for it, and this attention whore is trying to bump up his ratings by putting people's lives at risk. 

Anyone who lets their guard down because of this cocksucker and gets themselves killed deserves what they get. Un Fucking Real.

I certainly hope that the governor has given first responders orders to prioritize their response around the flaming blimps compound.  Basically setting up a no facts zone, none shall enter.

11 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Aw jeez, movie references.  I had to buy an oddball sized tap and drill bit today, from a specialty shop.  The cashier asked if I had an account, to which I replied "I'm a guest of the Underhills.  Please include two orders of lobster thermidor." I thought the guy was going to fall over.  

make sure you only pickup the bare essentials.

BOQZr17CEAExoeK.jpg

I made the mistake of doing my obligatory walmart trip a bit too early.  Hit the checkout line at 6:55, just five minutes too early to buy beer.  So I have to do a beer run later.  Bible belt living.  

15 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

Marshall guitar amps can go to 11 why can't a hurricane go to 6?

1 minute ago, HuronBouy said:

:D 

Limbaugh is an idiot who I would bet has never been through a real storm.  That's his problem.  His bullshit  is putting people in danger, which is what bothers me.  

Limbaugh is rushing for the exit. Fake news, yeah, but can't be too sure. Funny.

And there cannot be a 6 hurricane for the same reason your 5 speed transmission does not have a 6. The same reason the guitar amp does not have a 12. The same reason an elevator in a 5 story building does not have a button for 6. The scale was not created with a 6. Get it?

4 minutes ago, HuronBouy said:

Well, they (liberals) downgraded Irma from a 5 to a 4.  That's a 20% decline so Rush might be right as rain.  Until the liberal scientists can figure out 2 sigfigs on the scale, its all we can reliably rely on.

15 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:
5 minutes ago, daddle said:

. The same reason the guitar amp does not have a 12. 

You need to see "Spinal Tap" to get it 

4 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Well, they (liberals) downgraded Irma from a 5 to a 4.  That's a 20% decline so Rush might be right as rain.  Until the liberal scientists can figure out 2 sigfigs on the scale, its all we can reliably rely on.

Wind speeds on Uranus can hit 900kph..are they still cat 5?

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Yes.

Yes.

How about neptune? 2400kph  are they still cat 5?

Just now, Shortforbob said:

How about neptune? 2400kph  are they still cat 5?

yes. 

yes. 

Actually the only reason they don't go to cat 6 is that the FBI said so to stop people panicking ..If cat 4 is catastrophic damage and cat 5 is large scale catastrophic damage..what's wind damage on Neptune? 

Maybe we just need a new word as these hurricanes get stronger<_<

(ok i made up the FBI bit)

Perhaps  Category 1 on Neptune would be 500 kph. It's how you divide the wind range. No sense having a Cat 10 if the wind on this planet never goes to 1000 kph. This has to be the most stupid fucking argument I have read on SA. Really no Cat 6 because you're are liberal? Get fucking life Limbaugh is a fucking idiot. Let's end it there. 

I'm out    

Just now, Shortforbob said:

Actually the only reason they don't go to cat 6 is that the FBI said so to stop people panicking ..If cat 4 is catastrophic damage and cat 5 is large scale catastrophic damage..what's wind damage on Neptune? 

Maybe we just need a new word as these hurricanes get stronger<_<

(ok i made up the FBI bit)

The reason we don't have a Cat 6 is because we don't need one yet.  The fake news is effective enough with a Cat 5 declaration.  When that no longer sells, we might need a Cat 6 to put fear and sell their fake news.

Until Neptune abandons the metric system, they can not use our hurricane category system.

1 minute ago, HuronBouy said:

Perhaps  Category 1 on Neptune would be 500 kph. It's how you divide the wind range. No sense having a Cat 10 if the wind on this planet never goes to 1000 kph. This has to be the most stupid fucking argument I have read on SA. Really no Cat 6 because you're are liberal? Get fucking life Limbaugh is a fucking idiot. Let's end it there. 

I'm out    

When all around is dark and stormy..be silly.:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

The reason we don't have a Cat 6 is because we don't need one yet.  The fake news is effective enough with a Cat 5 declaration.  When that no longer sells, we might need a Cat 6 to put fear and sell their fake news.

well..I;m looking at this

• Category 1: Very dangerous winds will produce some damage. 74-95 mph winds.
  • Category 2: Extremely dangerous winds will cause extensive damage. 96-110 mph winds.
  • Category 3: Devastating damage will occur. 111-129 mph winds.
  • Category 4: Catastrophic damage will occur. 130-156 mph winds.
  • Category 5: Catastrophic damage will occur on a large scale. 157 mph or higher winds.

Those cat's are increasing roughly every extra 20 MPH'

If Irma's reached 185 ..she's a cat 6.

Colors, we need colors. Numbers are for eggheads.

DHS-Color-Code-Joke.jpg

Limbaugh pussied out after talking big.  Won't be doing his show from Palm Beach tomorrow and won't be doing his weekend schedule.  For some undisclosed reason.  

What A Cunt.  

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Limbaugh pussied out after talking big.  Won't be doing his show from Palm Beach tomorrow and won't be doing his weekend schedule.  For some undisclosed reason.  

What A Cunt.  

Maybe the store was out of cigars.

You guys missed the part where RL also called the hurricane scaremongering a liberal hoax to perpetuate the climate change theory.

Just a day before he evacuated himself.

3 minutes ago, Nice! said:

You guys missed the part where RL also called the hurricane scaremongering a liberal hoax to perpetuate the climate change theory.

Just a day before he evacuated himself.

They have a saying for guys like that in the Bahamas.  "All Suit, No Mon."  

36 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

If Irma's reached 185 ..she's a cat 6.

Umm...no. The scale stops at 5. Perhaps call up Saffir & Simpson and propose the new Saffir-Simpson-Shortforbob scale that goes to 6 or 7?

4 minutes ago, daddle said:

Umm...no. The scale stops at 5. Perhaps call up Saffir & Simpson and propose the new Saffir-Simpson-Shortforbob scale that goes to 6 or 7?

why not..it's only an arbitrary thing anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

why not..it's only an arbitrary thing anyway. 

It only goes to five because that's how high your typical conservative can count while holding beer in the other hand.

2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I don't care what he told you or what you believe no one went 900kph on Uranus. 

What A Cunt.  

he needs to HTFU    fucking snowflake he is............

What A Cunt.  

Not on the air today. Just checked. 

Who's your backup?  Glenn Beck or Alex Jones?

4 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Who's your backup?  Glenn Beck or Alex Jones?

Usually WSCR. 

1 hour ago, Spatial Ed said:

It only goes to five because that's how high your typical conservative can count while holding beer in the other hand.

It's an old system of counting - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, many.

1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

Yeah, here's what he had to say:

“May as well announce this. I’m not going to get into details because of the security nature of things, but it turns out that we will not be able to do the program here tomorrow,” Limbaugh said on his nationally syndicated radio program on Thursday. “We’ll be on the air next week, folks, from parts unknown.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/349794-limbaugh-evacuates-after-calling-irma-liberal-plot

Far easier than saying "whoops, I was wrong, I'm going to GTFO."  

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yeah, here's what he had to say:

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/349794-limbaugh-evacuates-after-calling-irma-liberal-plot

Far easier than saying "whoops, I was wrong, I'm going to GTFO."  

Did he tell his mouth breathing ditto heads that the hurricane is not fake news and they should heed the warnings from the liberal mainstream media?

Just now, Spatial Ed said:

Did he tell his mouth breathing ditto heads that the hurricane is not fake news and they should heed the warnings from the liberal mainstream media?

Of course not.  He came up with a weasel statement about not being on the air.  Gov. Scott has been pleading with everyone to take the advisories and evacuation orders seriously, and this clown pipes up and before you know it, the Facebook Freedom Squad has people ignoring storm warnings.  That pisses me off.  

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Of course not.  He came up with a weasel statement about not being on the air.  Gov. Scott has been pleading with everyone to take the advisories and evacuation orders seriously, and this clown pipes up and before you know it, the Facebook Freedom Squad has people ignoring storm warnings.  That pisses me off.  

I am surprised he hasn't gone off on nanny governmental "overreach" as an excuse for being forced off the air.

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Dittoheads are hard to have any sympathy for.

At least Rush is breaking the monotony of Trump being the only one saying really stupid shit every day.   Now we've got a tag team for Dolt of The Day.

22 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The locals are saying that it is expected to drop to Cat 2 by the time it gets up to this end of the state.  That makes me feel a lot better for this area.  I feel for my peeps in South Florida.  That is looking ugly.  Miami floods on a full moon, these days.  

Floods on a high tide? With a forecast of 6-7 foot storm surge for Miami, 10 for the west coast.

Holy shit! 

11 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Floods on a high tide? With a forecast of 6-7 foot storm surge for Miami, 10 for the west coast.

Holy shit! 

Don't forget the 18-20+ inches of rain that may fall.

just reading a very alarming article about the skyscrapers causing wind tunnels in Miami and whether they can withstand these winds.

After harvey I think all our alarm meters are a bit overloaded...Harvey's aftermath seems to have dropped out of the news a bit. 

Hope loss of property is the worst of it..I'm not a praying person so i'm just sending positive thoughts. Take care.  

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

just reading a very alarming article about the skyscrapers causing wind tunnels in Miami and whether they can withstand these winds.

After harvey I think all our alarm meters are a bit overloaded...Harvey's aftermath seems to have dropped out of the news a bit. 

Hope loss of property is the worst of it..I'm not a praying person so i'm just sending positive thoughts. Take care.  

I've never heard or have seen skyscrapers anywhere in the world knocked over by a hurricane/cyclone of any category. That doesn't mean they can't be stripped bare, but not knocked over, that's a new one if that's what the author meant.

Any under construction in Miami will have cranes on top, and they can't be taken down in a hurry. It will take some luck for all of them are still up there come Sunday night. Ya don't wanna be hunkered down anywhere close to one. 

32 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I've never heard or have seen skyscrapers anywhere in the world knocked over by a hurricane/cyclone of any category. That doesn't mean they can't be stripped bare, but not knocked over, that's a new one if that's what the author meant.

no..more the windows breaking, wind tunnel effect and flying glass winds being stronger the higher you are. Mobile construction cranes on unfinished buildings etc

Sort of pointing out that the near wall of highrises on the beach never intended as a wind break.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/will-miamis-skyscrapers-withstand-irma/

The buildings are in the evacuation zone so hopefully no one was dumb enough to stay for the view.

17 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

no..more the windows breaking, wind tunnel effect and flying glass winds being stronger the higher you are. Mobile construction cranes on unfinished buildings etc

Sort of pointing out that the near wall of highrises on the beach never intended as a wind break.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/will-miamis-skyscrapers-withstand-irma/

The buildings are in the evacuation zone so hopefully no one was dumb enough to stay for the view.

Don't be surprised at anything when it comes to people.

2 hours ago, Mark K said:

Holy shit! 

It's gonna be ugly down there.  Key West is not set up to handle Cat 5 well at all.  No place is.  And yeah, Miami floods that easily.  

3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Don't be surprised at anything when it comes to people.

Especially when it comes to Floriduh.

Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot.

That huge cigar that seems ever present in his fat mouth has me convinced that he fantasizes about big black dicks.

A question.

I've been looking at the trails of stationary outbound traffic and the empty inbound lanes. is there any reason why half of those empty inbound lanes cant be reversed?

7 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

A question.

I've been looking at the trails of stationary outbound traffic and the empty inbound lanes. is there any reason why half of those empty inbound lanes cant be reversed?

They probably could, but it has never been done in Fl, to my knowledge.  The closest thing to that are the express lanes in the center of some interstates, which have special gates to allow traffic into the center from one side or the other.  

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

A question.

they need the southbound lanes to move supplies and emergency crews.  Once they reverse flow, it will choke up and everyone south is fucked.  They will eventually reverse it, but not until the very last minute.

Key west police have left.

Are there no interstate trains in florida?

Irma thinks Rush is a fat, stupid fuck, and a spineless liar.....

38 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Key west police have left.

Are there no interstate trains in florida?

The trains were wiped out in the hurricanes of the 30s.  Replaced with elevated highways.

1 minute ago, madohe said:

Irma thinks Rush is a fat, stupid fuck, and a spineless liar.....

Irma thinks Rush is a fake human.