• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grande Mastere Dreade

well fuck you equifax

20 posts in this topic

data breach earlier this year, including names, SS, & addresss etc..  but supposedly no financial info..   story  

the link will take you to bbc story, which has a link to equifax,  at the bottom of the page is a button , potential impact, which will check to see if you have been compromised..

don't any of these fucking companies use a firewall or at least third tier interface between the servers and the public?

A few people in my office (including myself) have checked the Equifax site to see if our information may have been compromised. In each case the response was that our personal information "may have been impacted." Thanks a lot for the definite answers?!?!

They'll let you have free credit monitoring but in exchange you give up all of your legal rights to sue or be in any class action lawsuits.

nice gesture 

44 minutes ago, Caca Cabeza said:

They'll let you have free credit monitoring but in exchange you give up all of your legal rights to sue or be in any class action lawsuits.

nice gesture 

You're going to need to show damages...  I am sure their lawyers have already found the "get out of jail free" card on this..

with so many breaches, I'd like to know who doesn't have my information so I can forward to them..   just to be fair..

We'll double Phuck you Equifax...

Just tried to put a HAWK alert on my file with them.. they referred me to this page...

http://www.equifax.com/all-products/

Infuckingcrediable!!

Experian, and TransUnion had no problem and did it at no charge

No Credit?

Bad Credit?

No Problem....

Go somewhere else!

And if you sign up:

Buried in the terms of service is language that appears to bar those who enroll in an Equifax credit monitoring program from participating in any class-action lawsuits that may arise from the incident.

Triple fuck you EquiCocks. I didn't ask for your help and you're liable if someone fucks with me.  I may sue you just for fun. Fuckers.

And of course this was purely coincidental...

money.cnn.com/2017/09/08/investing/equifax-stock-insider-sales-hack-data-breach

Well, it's not like they are Martha Stewart or anything. Given the SEC's record, they probably don't read any financial news.

On 9/8/2017 at 0:22 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

data breach earlier this year, including names, SS, & addresss etc..  but supposedly no financial info..   story  

the link will take you to bbc story, which has a link to equifax,  at the bottom of the page is a button , potential impact, which will check to see if you have been compromised..

don't any of these fucking companies use a firewall or at least third tier interface between the servers and the public?

I worked at Experian for 15 years. I touched every American's credit many times per month. The data was stored in such a way that the PII info was separate from the credit data. The SSN was scrambled and could only be assembled through a descambler program (which I happen to know the code to) that sat independently from the machines that contained the PII. It was a lot of steps to bring the data together and you could only do it if the credit card company's models were ready to make a firm offer of credit.

So, I'm boggled that this happened. And that it happened in July. And that execs sold stock ahead of their announcement in fucking September. And that they indemnify themselves if you go and check to see if you're affected.

Shame on you, Equifax. That's a shitload of trust you just threw away.

43 minutes ago, sailak said:

As of this point nearly everyone in the US (I can't see anyone escaping this) has ALL of their info for sale on the dark web.  .  

You're probably correct.

Hopefully Frankie G won't mind a cut and paste here...but thought it pretty humorous not to mention pretty fuckin spot on....

Apology from Equifax CEO, Tom Equifax

1*A8_wiuWh9oLu-LNmNgHf-A.png

Good morning, America. I’m Tom Equifax, founder & CEO of Equifax. As you’ve probably read, a hacker recently gained access to a couple of files, which contained extensive personal & financial information for 143 million Americans. It even had some Social Security and credit card numbers in it, which is going to mean big trouble for a whole lot of people. And I’m sorry that any of you think I give a shit.

I mean, look. I even put this apology behind a paywall. That’s how much I don’t care. Really, my misanthropy should be obvious. If I cared about people, would I get rich running a company that reduces people to a number? A number based partly on whether you owe corporations enough money? We literally decide if you’re worth anything to society, and it has nothing to do with what you do, or think. Saving a baby from a fire doesn’t help your credit score at all. Credit score companies are evil, and I love running mine. So why would I care if we lost enough data to ruin 143 million lives? I work on ruining all your lives, every day. This is a freebie. This is boner material. Just imagine how many fraudulent lines of credit are gonna come out of this! I’m gonna get to drop so many of your scores, based on things you didn’t even do. And it’s gonna be awesome.

Some of you have probably realized by now that Equifax was founded 118 years ago, and you’re wondering how I, founder Tom Equifax, am still alive. It’s because I use dark magicks to convert the sorrows of the poor into vital essence. And so long as Equifax remains in operation, there will be more than enough poor-sorrow to keep me alive, underground, in a bunker, where I will sleep through the coming nuclear apocalypse, and re-emerge to rebuild society as its new God.

Why did I decide to use poor-sorrow, instead of rich-sorrow? Because fuck poor people. You heard me. Don’t act surprised! I obviously hate poor people. All credit scoring companies do. Credit scores only really hurt poor people & middle poor people (that’s what I call the “middle class”), and that’s on purpose. If you’re rich, the score doesn’t really matter, because you have enough collateral for anything, or you can just make a bigger down payment! Donald Trump has a horrendous credit score, and it doesn’t matter. Never did, never will. A billionaire with terrible credit gets to be President & tear this planet down, and your unemployed ass can’t even get a used car. Credit scores are really something, aren’t they folks?

You know, if I had things my way, you wouldn’t be able to know your life-number without paying us. You only get that one free report a year because the stupid government makes us. In a better world, in the world I will build once this one burns in atomic hellfire, the mutant survivors will just never be able to rent an apartment or get a loan, and they’ll never know why. They’ll walk around with an ever-present sense of doom & dread, wondering if today’s the day their hidden society-rating drops too far for them to keep on living. That’s the Equifax dream.

So, 143 million people now have to worry about their lives being stolen out from under them. Because we’re allowed to know everything about you, but we can’t be bothered to be responsible, because we hate you. I can already feel the poor-essence flowing.

Get bent suckers,

FUTURE-GOD TOM EQUIFAX 

•  
  • Go to the profile of Frankie G.

Frankie G.

A professionally loud comedian. I particularly enjoy writing fantastical satire; so, if you want orcs commenting on legislation, you’ve come to the RIGHT PLACE!

Last time I had my identity stolen they sent it back with 20 bucks and a sympathy card.....

:)

WL

The credit bureaus have fought regulation for a long time and threw a fit over FCRA and GLB.

Now they're screwed. They will be highly regulated no matter how much lobbying they throw at Washington.

I wonder what the back channel conversations are like between EQ, TU and EXP right now.

Equifax had 'admin' as login and password in Argentina

admins need to be strung up by the balls..

On 9/12/2017 at 7:52 PM, White Lightnin' said:

Last time I had my identity stolen they sent it back with 20 bucks and a sympathy card.....

:)

WL

My guy sent me death threats!