• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HardOnWind

Breitbart declares war on the Republican Party

24 posts in this topic

The more who pile on the better IMO.

Even if it is a Fascist POS like Bannon.

I don't understand Darth Bannon's end game, here. If he further divides the GOP, it will not bode well for them in the primaries or the next general election. A weaker GOP means a stronger Democrat party. Why would he want that?

2 minutes ago, Nice! said:

I don't understand Darth Bannon's end game, here. If he further divides the GOP, it will not bode well for them in the primaries or the next general election. A weaker GOP means a stronger Democrat party. Why would he want that?

He's a psychotic nutjob, he just wants to tear everything down, falsely believing he can usher in a new and improved system.

13 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

He's a psychotic nutjob, he just wants to tear everything down, falsely believing he can usher in a new and improved system.

that's the playbook from the Nationalists the last time around.

BTW - he proudly proclaimed himself a Nationalist on the 60 minutes interview....

Just now, Raz'r said:

that's the playbook from the Nationalists the last time around.

BTW - he proudly proclaimed himself a Nationalist on the 60 minutes interview....

Yes, I noticed that.  Still think he's a nutjob, although a very intelligent nutjob, which is way more dangerous than the garden variety.

49 minutes ago, Nice! said:

There's no point in supporting Republicans if they do not stand for what you do. The guy does his own thinking, or tries to anyway, have to give him that. This sadly distinguishes him from most of his colleagues. 

His goal is to reform the Republican Party, and has apparently assumed the D's stand no chance against what he intends for the R's to become, so his main target is currently the Republican leadership. It's been reported he and Trump are still buds and talk a lot. This may or may not have been a direct cause of Trump's recent public humiliation of the R leadership by striking a deal with "Nancy and Chuck", but it certainly fits.  

1 hour ago, Nice! said:

His ambitions are much bigger than electoral success for the republican party.  That's just means to an end.  He wants to build a movement.

23 hours ago, HardOnWind said:

"Let's talk about the swamp. The swamp is a business model. It's a successful business model."

He has many good points to make:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-breitbart-steve-bannon-declares-war-on-the-gop/

IF you listen to the interview Bannon said both parties, rep and dem. Good for him they both need a kick in the ass.

put all the slime from both camps in a giant pit with only contaminated water and let it play itself out. then again, there's always a chance they would come together and devise something demented and extra rancid.

short memories around here. bannon is attempting a contract w/republican congress members that would mimic grover norquist's. Failed while at the wh, similar to carl rove. Now thinks as an outsider he can influence mid terms by coercing vulnerable candidates to sign on to an agenda that can pass gop legislation. It's not an original idea, he is following his heros. Intimidation, threats, and a bully platform. Meanwhile covering his, and his former boss's rear end. "russian nonsense"!

1 hour ago, bhyde said:

It looks to me that Steve has as much trouble with history as his former boss. Unlike his former boss, however, Steve is smart enough to know the difference - he just chooses to ignore it.

http://www.npr.org/2017/09/11/550189211/fact-check-were-the-1800s-steve-bannon-s-kind-of-america

That fact checker isn't a very good one. He labels Hamilton an immigrant...but he was a British subject before he came here, and this was a land of British subjects which would eventually become the Untied States of America. Lincoln would tie they up in another four score years or so...but that's another story. 

To draw conclusions on the thinking of the men of those gross labor-shortage times with what they would think if they were still around now is specious at best. He's not all wrong but he's not a heck of a lot better at history than Bannon is.  

3 minutes ago, Mark K said:

That fact checker isn't a very good one. He labels Hamilton an immigrant...but he was a British subject before he came here, and this was a land of British subjects which would eventually become the Untied States of America. Lincoln would tie they up in another four score years or so...but that's another story. 

To compare the gross labor shortage of that era with today is specious at best. He's not all wrong but he's not a heck of a lot better at history than Bannon is.  

Point taken. I think Inskeep's view of an immigrant is someone that was born in another country, rather than a subject who's country changed. Basically, people who weren't born here, but came here in whatever capacity. A fine point at best. It would be interesting to know how the West Indies culture compared to the early pre-US British culture.

Laborwise, I have no idea. My impression is massive amounts of low skilled labor are a thing of the past. We're not building railroads anymore. I do know that this isn't 1776 and any logic Bannon is trying to apply to this 21st century county is ridiculous. Why do these guys always live in the past? Trying to make an argument based on how great it was "back then" is complete nonsense to me.

28 minutes ago, Mark K said:

That fact checker isn't a very good one. He labels Hamilton an immigrant

he was the reason for the native born clause. he's an immigrant. 

The title is amusing. Breitbart declaring war is akin to the Weekly World News going on a rampage. Yeah they can try to tie someone to Batboy, but everyone knows it is such bullshit that it is amusing. 

here, this is the layman's version, but you already know this-

it's a globally dangerous money making organization that's composed of greedy, passive/aggressive sociopaths who have habits of sucking corporate dick and justifying it by praying to jesus, it would destroy and exploit anything of beauty to further it's agendas.

currently it feels under threat, is desperate, and has utilized a targeted campaign of propaganda and compulsive lying as a survival tactic. but for a select few, it's shit.

59 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The title is amusing. Breitbart declaring war is akin to the Weekly World News going on a rampage. Yeah they can try to tie someone to Batboy, but everyone knows it is such bullshit that it is amusing. 

That's kind of the problem. There are many that take Breitbart as gospel, and those idiots vote, a lot.

The difference between Bannon and a bucket of shit remains......

the bucket

4 hours ago, Nice! said:

You misunderestimate the incompetence of the Democratic Party.  They are masters of stealing defeat out the jaws of victory.

Saw Bannon described this way -

"I don't know a lot about alcoholics who pull themselves together with cocaine, but...red ringed eyes, five o'clock shadow, hair six weeks past needing a cut, no tie, dirty shirt, wandering glances, dismissive off the charts arrogance: I'm going with a morning drinker who focused up with a few lines. Bannon acts like he hasn't slept a normal night in a year, if not longer. People who show up for work looking and acting like this, they get fired. Bannon is a man who looks on TV like he smells awful. And the content of his answers? He insults former administrations like that barfly everybody wishes the manager would just walk to the door already, but because he's a spendy regular...everybody looks away. And his big political insight is that building an obscenely expensive useless wall that will break the biggest campaign promise of the boss who fired him--that will win big. I kept waiting for Monty Python's giant foot to stomp down on him as Charlie Rose turned to the camera to say "And now we turn to something much more interesting: a pile a dirty socks.""

Purrfeck!