• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
badlatitude

Psycho's in The Florida GOP?

37 posts in this topic

Hit a teenage girl forty times with a claw hammer until it broke and all he got was a misdemeaner charge? Big money changed hands somewhere.

tarsey-800x430.jpg

"A 28-year-old Broward County Republican is refusing to resign his position as party secretary after colleagues discovered over the weekend that he had once been prosecuted for brutally beating a high school girl with a claw hammer. 

Rupert Ditsworth, who now goes by the name Rupert Tarsey, was charged with attempted murder for his 2007 attack on a fellow student at Harvard-Westlake School in Los Angeles. After checking into a psychiatric hospital following the attack, he escaped the most serious charges through a plea deal. He then ditched his native California for Florida and swapped Ditsworth for Tarsey — apparently in honor of his grandfather Jason Tarsey, who owned the former Dunes Hotel on the Vegas strip.

Republicans say they had no idea their new colleague had a fake name and a criminal background 

“We were blindsided,” GOP chairman Bob Sutton told Gossip Extra, an independent Florida news service cross-published by the Miami Herald. “He’s a member of the Knights of Columbus, for Christ’s sake. And he came highly recommended by the former chair. We had no idea what his background is. We want him out but he is refusing to resign.”

Ditsworth, using the name Tarsey, volunteered on various Republican campaigns, including Trump’s.

The details of the beating as alleged by authorities at the time are gruesome. According to the Daily Mail, citing news reports about the original attack, Ditsworth drove Elizabeth Barcay to a Jamba Juice near school one day after exams. The two shared smoothies and returned to the car. But instead of driving her back to campus, Ditsworth turned down a residential street, parked, pulled out a claw hammer and struck Barcay with it at least 40 times before dragging her out of the car by her hair, her mother recounted to the Los Angeles Times. Once outside, cops said, he continued beating her until the hammer broke. 

The attack left Barcay with a fractured skull, broken leg, broken nose, and split scalp. She attended prom in a wheelchair.

“Her hair and face were caked with blood,” the girl’s mother, Barbara Hayden told the LA Times. “On the left side her head was shaped like a football.”

According to Gossip Extra, the 6-foot-2 Ditsworth claimed the attack was in self-defense. “In the end, I pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor,” he told the Daily Mail this week from his million-dollar beachfront condo.

Ditsworth, who is now married with two children, apparently used a reputation management firm to launder his identity, Sutton said.

A local party member discovered Ditsworth’s secret over Labor Day weekend and informed Sutton soon after. Sutton suspended him from his secretary duties earlier this week, but Ditsworth seems to be digging in, dismissing the revelations as political payback for going after Sutton.

“Why should I resign?” he told the Daily Mail.. “I did nothing wrong and I was elected. This is just party politics.”

https://news.vice.com/story/florida-gop-secretary-attacking-a-girl-with-a-hammer

Read more

Compared to many of the top shitbags in that party he's a boy scout.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Republican.

Just now, SloopJonB said:

Really? Who are the ones worse?

4 minutes ago, LenP said:

Hastert, buggered boys when he was a wrestling coach.

6 minutes ago, LenP said:

George Bush lied us into Iraq which killed more than 5,000 soldiers and 100,000 Iraqi civilians.

2 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Hastert, buggered boys when he was a wrestling coach.

Yeah, Hastert is a POS, but I don't see that as so much worse than attempted murder that this guy looks like a boy scout in comparison. Hastert would also not qulify as "many".

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

George Bush lied us into Iraq which killed more than 5,000 soldiers and 100,000 Iraqi civilians.

GWB fucked up, that it had such a disproportionate impact is a result of the job he had, not the result of him being evil. This guy is evil, there is a difference.

Just now, LenP said:

GWB fucked up, that it had such a disproportionate impact is a result of the job he had, not the result of him being evil. This guy is evil, there is a difference.

Fucked up? I think it was a deliberate attempt to seek revenge for his father, that is evil.

6 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Fucked up? I think it was a deliberate attempt to seek revenge for his father, that is evil.

I don't think GWB was evil, I think he was in over his head and made bad decisions. Cheney on the other hand....

3 minutes ago, LenP said:

I don't think GWB was evil, I think he was in over his head and made bad decisions. Cheney on the other hand....

I can't disagree with that.

19 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I wonder if this is a GOP thing? Didn't Ben Carson go after his mother with a hammer?

I don't think it is a GOP thing. There are some horrible people in the Dem party as well. I think sometimes horrible people are attracted to positions of authority over others, whether that is as a politician, a cop, a priest, or a schoolteacher. When those people are exposed for who they really are, it leaves a greater impression on us since we are generally conditioned to trust authority figures from the time we are little.

Does my case need resting?

How about Newt serving his wife with divorce papers while she was in hospital recovering from cancer?

Yeah, yeah, I know, it's not attempted murder but still record breaking scummy.

Politicians all have a heavy load to prove they are not the worst of the worst but for the Republicans it has pretty well become an impossible task.

Of course then there's Gary Condit.....

11 minutes ago, LenP said:

I don't think it is a GOP thing. There are some horrible people in the Dem party as well. I think sometimes horrible people are attracted to positions of authority over others, whether that is as a politician, a cop, a priest, or a schoolteacher. When those people are exposed for who they really are, it leaves a greater impression on us since we are generally conditioned to trust authority figures from the time we are little.

True

seems to me the "conservative" bad guys are more likely to go straight up olds-testament crazy.  If you have that sort of evil in your brain, maybe you counter with some religious nuttery, and lets face it, the modern GOP caters to religious nuts.

22 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

seems to me the "conservative" bad guys are more likely to go straight up olds-testament crazy.  If you have that sort of evil in your brain, maybe you counter with some religious nuttery, and lets face it, the modern GOP caters to religious nuts.

I don't think this guy has any religious background, he does have some daddy issues from articles I have read. I think he got off because he was a juvenile when this went down and he had access to top notch attorney's that got it plead down. That said, what assurance does the public have that he isn't a psycho ready to explode?

5 hours ago, LenP said:
5 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Molly Ivins once said that George Bush Jr was not as dumb as he pretended, but he was really spoiled... born on top, didn't see any reason to ever -not- grab all the cookies. I don't think he deliberately lied about Iraq but he was misinformed himself, took no diligence to get the truth, and was incapable of straightening out the mess once it began unfolding. The buck, alas, stopped there.

To give credit where due, I think GWB wised up, backboned up, and grew some moral fiber in the last two years of his administration.

How this relates to local GOP party secretaries deliberately concealing a criminal background.... I don't get it. There are plenty of indictments to level against the Republican Party but this is not their bad, frankly. They fired the guy as soon as they found out.

-DSK

Conservative = evil

DemocRAT  = irrelevent

7 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Hypocrisy?  chappaquiddick.

dems and repubs are the same cut of cloth.

Chappaquiddick was drunken sniveling cowardice and abuse of position, not hypocrisy.

16 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Chappaquiddick was drunken sniveling cowardice and abuse of position, not hypocrisy.

Spin terms however you like.  The acts of the op and results seem pretty similar to me.

1 minute ago, bgytr said:

Spin terms however you like.  The acts of the op and results seem pretty similar to me.

What? Ted changed his name and had a reputation company clean his history? You really don't understand hypocrisy....

When did Ted try to push an agenda of traffic accidents?  Republicans always push their holy roller agenda while violating every single tenant.

You guys are too much.  You think hypocrisy is specific to repubs and wanna spin definition semantics? Really?  You are total fools.

1 minute ago, bgytr said:

You guys are too much.  You think hypocrisy is specific to repubs and wanna spin definition semantics? Really?  You are total fools.

Dems aren't hypocrites, they are irrelevant.  Republicans are hypocrites.   In fact, its synonymous .

11 minutes ago, bgytr said:

Your generalizations make you a bigot.

Are all democRats bigots?

14 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Are all democRats bigots?

Bout the same pctage as repubs most likely. 

2 minutes ago, bgytr said:

Bout the same pctage as repubs most likely. 

Is that a generalization?

3 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

Conservative = evil

DemocRAT  = irrelevent

truth.

20 hours ago, bgytr said:

Yeah, driving drunk off a bridge and leaving a girl to drown is pretty much the same as hitting her in the head with a hammer 40 times.

And you actually have the gall to call someone, anyone else a fool?

:lol:

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

Yeah, driving drunk off a bridge and leaving a girl to drown is pretty much the same as hitting her in the head with a hammer 40 times.

The fact that you don't see the similarity in mindset means I will end my time here.  Cheers fellas.

34 minutes ago, bgytr said:
37 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The fact that you don't see the similarity in mindset means I will end my time here.  Cheers fellas.

Sure. I mean, there's lots of ways to compare. Any crime committed by a Democrat is automatically far far worse than any committed by a Republican.

This same principle backs all the way up to intent. Deliberately killing somebody with a hammer (when you're a Republican) is equivalent to accidentally killing somebody in an accident.

Unfortunately, this is not funny, it's quite real

-DSK

38 minutes ago, bgytr said:

I don't see a similarity in mindset i.e. without "malice aforethought". Don't let the door hit you.

Assaults her with a hammer, fracturing her skull and pleads to a misdemeanor.

There's your white privilege.  

1 hour ago, bgytr said:

I will end my time here.  Cheers fellas.

My day just improved a bunch.

Thanks.