• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
kent_island_sailor

FP Anarchy kicked out of race

Scott, perhaps you should organize an Ensenada Race. Seems that the current one is a fail.

The Baja Ha Ha puts together events into Baja with a couple of hundred boats every year. So there are probably lessons learned that can be obtained from Richard Spindler.

What would you do differently (besides the obvious)?

Inverted start within classes? Cal 20 class? Beach cats? IOR class? Sport boats? Cruisers? Cruising Powerboats?!?!?!  Offshore racing powerboats? Jet skis? Kayaks? Sea planes? Sail planes? Naked crews?  Adventure racers a la Everglades Challenge and Race To Alaska?

Seems the fun part of races to destinations in general, and Ensenada in particular, are pre and post race festivities.

Something that used to be prevalent, and now seems to have faded away, is non-racer transportation to and from Ensenada.

Each of these are not free, but people seem to have no problem paying for fun.

Make Sailing Anarchy Yacht Club an active club!

20 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

mercy-kill-2-300x244.jpg

So was it worth it to post that?

the fuck? you think that's justification for kicking me out?

1 minute ago, carcrash said:

Scott, perhaps you should organize an Ensenada Race. Seems that the current one is a fail.

The Baja Ha Ha puts together events into Baja with a couple of hundred boats every year. So there are probably lessons learned that can be obtained from Richard Spindler.

Inverted start within classes? Cal 20 class? Beach cats? IOR class? Sport boats? Cruisers? Cruising Powerboats?!?!?!  Offshore racing powerboats? Jet skis? Kayaks? Sea planes? Sail planes? Naked crews?  Adventure racers a la Everglades Challenge and Race To Alaska?

Seems the fun part of races to destinations in general, and Ensenada in particular, are pre and post race festivities.

Something that used to be prevalent, and now seems to have faded away, is non-racer transportation to and from Ensenada.

a drunken quadriplegic could do a better job than those fucks. a lot of work, but depending on how all this goes, i just might!

15 minutes ago, Editor said:

a drunken quadriplegic could do a better job than those fucks. a lot of work, but depending on how all this goes, i just might!

Ille come oute and helpe you runne the SA SD2E Race.                 :)

Bwahahaha has been very popular for many years, with 150 boats currently signed up for this year, and quite a few are repeat entrants. They must be doing something right.

38 minutes ago, Editor said:

Well is anybody surprised? :huh:

49 minutes ago, carcrash said:

Are you suggesting that he take responsibility for developing a positive solution and not just whine about things that others do?

Even worse, it seems that you're suggesting that he put in the time, effort, and stress of running a regatta and then dealing with various wackos and yahoos who badger you and speak ill of you in public forums - thereby dragging you away from the tasks associated with running a good regatta.

Madness!

As StayOut asked - what was the reason or behaviour or incident that caused this?

1 hour ago, carcrash said:

Yeah!  And while he's at it.... let's do an AC challenge too!!!!!!  Oh wait.  LOL.

A lawyer.  That'll help the sport.  Maybe he can retain the one Podmajersky used.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

1 hour ago, Editor said:

Maybe this is the type of social interaction that the club doesn't particularly care for......

1 hour ago, carcrash said:

I think I may have found a local sponsor for you.

DTK-FB-WIDE1%20compressed.jpg

9 minutes ago, mad said:

9 minutes ago, mad said:

Either this isn't working out well for the Ed, or and he's trolling us all?

there, fixed it for ya

but hey, his sandbox too, ad nauseam

I may have missed it, but I just went through the anals and can't find the posts about the original issues - has the ED hidden the truth?

He's not answering the questions here and the history has now disappeared? Is there some thing runing amuk in anarchy-ville?

Come on Scot, lets see the history - what you believe you did, what they believe you did, and where is the actual letter?

YOU stir the shitup and then you HIDE!

My guess is that someone will have your new boat inspected, weighed, etc. just cause.

3 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

From that movie War Games:

W.P.O.R.: "A strange game.The only winning move is not to play."

+ 1.0 x 10^6

21 minutes ago, notherday said:

I may have missed it, but I just went through the anals and can't find the posts about the original issues - has the ED hidden the truth?

Pretty sure the incident didn't involve anal...how many instances are detailed on this site?

The Ed wants us to be upset that a YC is barring him from a race, based on a his behavior at a previous regatta awards party.  The Ed will not tell us what the behavior was at said awards party that the YC is upset about. Um, ok.

The only local people I know who ever got banned like that were tossed for a bar brawl with a competitor crew at the old PITCH regatta.

They'd be grandparents by now.

Screwing the Commodore's daughter (or wife for that matter) was always just hushed up.

57 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

you our ritte, clicke baitte purre and sipelle.

AW syndrome maybe?

umm, isn't the time to appeal to US Sailing long since expired (and don't you hate them anyway, except now, when you want them to do something)?

hiring a lawyer.  Outstanding!  Take them to court.  Your last foray (with the "Grifter") went super well for you.  Do it again!

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

The only local people I know who ever got banned like that were tossed for a bar brawl with a competitor crew at the old PITCH regatta.

They'd be grandparents by now.

Screwing the Commodore's daughter (or wife for that matter) was always just hushed up.

I was there for the fight at bham yc, and one is a grandparent. About 1982 or so? I was also at SDYC bar when two of Scot's favorite targets came a hairbredth of fisticuffs, till a cooler head prevailed!

So you royally piss someone off, ad nauseam, on the internet, and expect that they don't like that?

What goes around comes around.

Sorry chum, but this was so obviously coming your way.

>>>I am done tolerating their bullshit. – ed.

Sure they are trembling in their boat shoes..

hahahahahahahaaha

>>>As per the letter we sent you dated February 15 of this year, we are rejecting your entry to the Little Ensenada Race. The letter stated that we are rejecting any entry by you or the boat “Anarchy” for the year 2017.

They TOLD YOU 7 MONTHS AGO  that you were tossed for the season.

Which part of that did not register between your ears skipper???

Are you expecting us to feel sorry for you?

hahahahahahahahaha

1 hour ago, poncho said:

I was there for the fight at bham yc, and one is a grandparent. About 1982 or so?

Not sure - I would have guessed even longer ago - '78 or so - but you could be right.

Maxx would probably remember.

3 hours ago, caneesq said:

umm, isn't the time to appeal to US Sailing long since expired (and don't you hate them anyway, except now, when you want them to do something)?

hiring a lawyer.  Outstanding!  Take them to court.  Your last foray (with the "Grifter") went super well for you.  Do it again!

HaHaHa!

Scott.......they don't own the ocean.......they don't own the race course.........they own nothing.     This is no different than arriving late and not registering.    Just turn up at the start and race.    Follow over late at the line and talley ho !!!    Show them who is boss and win the race.     Throw a competitive end of race party with free beer and nosh.    You will win the hearts and minds........shit,  have i been watching too much PBS Vietnam?.......I shall lift my dog by his ears.......you can't lose.

6 hours ago, notherday said:

He's not answering the questions here and the history has now disappeared? Is there some thing runing amuk in anarchy-ville?

Come on Scot, lets see the history - what you believe you did, what they believe you did, and where is the actual letter?

YOU stir the shitup and then you HIDE!

My guess is that someone will have your new boat inspected, weighed, etc. just cause.

I think , no I know, annals has 2 "n"s. The word you suggest has entirely different, but maybe not totally irrelevant, connotations.

Jus' sayin'

From Ed on the FP...

So after giving this some thought, I’ve decided not to pursue the SWYC issue.  No protest, no legal action. Nada. It’s clear some people there hate me and I don’t see them changing anytime soon. Life is too short to battle with people who seemingly have almost no idea what they are doing.

Let them continue to run their crappy race. The number of entries says plenty about what people think of their race.

There’s really nothing more to it than that – time to move on.

What's that well-worn truism? If everyone around you is completely stupid and have no idea what they are doing....it might be you who is stupid and has no idea what you are doing.

penguin.jpg

I'm just saying.

Really Not that much difference if you just sail down the week after by yer self

a party for 15 medium to small boats could be held in a party Bus

this hole thing is still better than watching the news

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Not sure - I would have guessed even longer ago - '78 or so - but you could be right.

Maxx would probably remember.

This might be a situation that if you can remember it you weren't there, just sayin, were pretty crazy daze.

Of the dozens of YC's in SoCal, the loss of one of them for a year to an individual is not a huge loss. Keep your nose clean, and always next year. 

Ah the irony of an individual stating an event is rubbish, irrelevant or dead and then wanting to enter it. Go figure.

I am however interested in the dirty deeds so lets hope this goes to court and the yacht club can list their grievances in great detail so the issue can be closed. 

Scott,

You have fallen right into the reality star trap. SA does not just report on news, it sometimes feels compelled to make the news too. That is your business after all, attracting clicks to SA. And it worked - getting kicked out of the race and whinging about it inspired this thread, which is clicks, which is money. So far so good :)

The down side to this is you are clearly more than a competitor, you are a reporter that is going to write about the event too. And you are frequently more than a reporter too, you sometimes ARE the story. When you make a FP enemy out of a club, they are very rightly going to be suspicious that you are trying to get into their event for more reasons than Corinthian competition. This is one of those deals where switching your "reality" persona on and off might not be too easy to do ;)

15 hours ago, mike98gp said:

The Ed wants us to be upset that a YC is barring him from a race, based on a his behavior at a previous regatta awards party.  The Ed will not tell us what the behavior was at said awards party that the YC is upset about. Um, ok.

He's probably better off not being there - I could easily foresee another "fall" off the dock in his future. 

9 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

From Ed on the FP...
"So after giving this some thought, I’ve decided not to pursue the SWYC issue.  No protest, no legal action. Nada. It’s clear some people there hate me and I don’t see them changing anytime soon. Life is too short to battle with people who seemingly have almost no idea what they are doing.

Let them continue to run their crappy race. The number of entries says plenty about what people think of their race.

There’s really nothing more to it than that – time to move on."

What's that well-worn truism? If everyone around you is completely stupid and have no idea what they are doing....it might be you who is stupid and has no idea what you are doing.

penguin.jpg

I'm just saying.

Ed could show them he's a real bad ass by taking responsibility for his actions, forgiving others for their faults, and working to help everyone move on to better things.  Given the attitudes that have taken over Washington lately, that would be the new anarchist course of action. 

But who am I kidding. We're all just here to watch the shit show. Do whatever the hell you want, Ed. 

The lady doth protest too much, methinks....24 boats raced last year. 17 entries to date; WTF. Sounds like they’re doing you a favor. I’d hope they BAN me too!

‘Hey Blubberboy, please don’t show up to our poorly attended regatta, thank you…’ Thank fucking God….

And what did you do again? Sleep with the Commodores gay son? NTTIAWWT

Well, at least he is still allowed at SDYC events.

My mistake - I guess he gets a bad wrap and I heard/remember it wrong - I apologize (see how easy that is Ed?)

"If he wasn't kicked out for shoving Nelson off the dock......he should be okay if he keeps a low profile there."e

1 minute ago, notherday said:

If he wasn't kicked out for shoving Nelson off the dock......he should be okay if he keeps a low profile there.

You have a sign wrong...Scooter went swimming.  

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

You have a sign wrong...Scooter went swimming.  

And that was a good one too! Watched it from the ramp. Scot was seen dripping wet walking up to car for dry clothes.

Well, I like the new boat and was hoping to see photos of it sailing, and how it performed in the race.

Bumma.

22 hours ago, Editor said:

It's called being "black balled".  Private clubs can tell anyone they want for any reason to take a hike.  I'm betting legal counsel advised you on the same?  Why don't you bring the new boat to Charleston for some real action in April?

50 minutes ago, poncho said:

And that was a good one too! Watched it from the ramp. Scot was seen dripping wet walking up to car for dry clothes.

Wasn't there a picture posted up somewhere of that momentous day? :D

6 minutes ago, RobbieB said:

It's called being "black balled".  Private clubs can tell anyone they want for any reason to take a hike.  I'm betting legal counsel advised you on the same?  Why don't you bring the new boat to Charleston for some real action in April?

Maybe he could race one-design rather than a rating beater? 

22 hours ago, carcrash said:

The baja ha ha, is a cruising event primarily.

on of the biggest issues now as you state is getting back whether a racer or non.
There used to be tons of smaller boats that now, my guess is not wanting to slog the 60 miles back upwind to deal with entry back in to the USA.
If you trailer your boat back there are a whole bunch of other issues. We trailer'd  the SC27 Hotspur once in the 70's and it worked out but that was way back then, and this is now.

Either race SD2E or NP2E numbers are down. I think it is people not having enough time to give up for one race.

here are more people than still welcome to go to enchalada

flicked from an event

45 Magnum, P.I. cosplayers ejected from Comerica Park

• By Dave Herndon dherndon@thenewsherald.com @NHDaveH on Twitter
  •  
    • Sep 18, 2017 Updated Sep 18, 2017
    •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

magnum

Photo courtesy of Chris Tuccini

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

There was a great disturbance in the force Saturday at Comerica Park.

It wasn't just the White Sox pummeling the Tigers 10-4 on Star Wars night for the Tigers, another group of cosplayers dressed as Thomas Magnum, the titular character on the TV show Magnum, P.I. were ejected from the ballpark.

The 45 men dressed as Tom Selleck's iconic character, who himself was a Tiger's fan evidenced from the hat he wore in many episodes of the series, were ejected from the park. They were there for a bachelor party for Allen Park resident Joe Tuccini.

Allen Park resident Chris Tuccini, the groom's younger brother, said they were told one of them was smoking and they were catcalling as the reasons for the removal. 

"I don't know how that made us all guilty," he said. 

The group also included a cardboard cut out of Selleck as Thomas Magnum.

The Detroit Tigers didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Pour Sportsmanlike CuntDoIt

Scot is Not even close to JQPublic when it comes to WTF behaveour 

A Jogger Dubbed The "Mad Pooper" Is Terrorizing Colorado Springs

uvcgjxkdmkggxmjnikd8.jpg

There’s no use trying to skirt around this, so let’s cut straight to the chase: A Colorado Springs woman has been taking big craps in front of someone’s house for a few weeks now. They’re calling her the Mad Pooper and she won’t stop. The cops are involved. It appears to be some sort of revenge pooping. I hope you enjoy this report from local CBS outlet KKTV as much as I did.

The goofy guy who said, “It’s just not a natural thing we do in our society, to drop your trousers and, uh, and relieve yourself right there when you know there’s people around,” really cut to the heart of the thing. We called the Colorado Springs Police Department, who confirmed that this is indeed a real case being handled by the CSPD’s Falcon Division.

Pretty much every quote from this story is magnificent:

“They are like, ‘There’s a lady taking a poop!’ So I come outside, and I’m like ... ‘are you serious?’” Budde recalled. “’Are you really taking a poop right here in front of my kids!?’ She’s like, ‘Yeah, sorry!’”

“It’s abnormal, it’s not something I’ve seen in my career,” Sgt. Johnathan Sharketti said. “For someone to repeatedly do such a thing ... it’s uncharted territory for me.”

“There’s plenty of public restrooms less than a block away from where she’s targeting. This is intentional.”

As the TV report indicated, the woman has also been sighted pooping in a Walgreens and in nearby backyards. The presence of bathrooms close by and her propensity for repeat turds clearly show that she doesn’t care about signs, warnings, completing the rest of her runs with mudbutt, or the stigma of a society unenamored with joggers taking drive-by shits in and around their properties. She even brings her own toilet paper. The only questions that remain are mechanical and motivational.

Is she a world-class crapper, who can shit dozens of times a day and therefore needs the variety? Is she motivated by some animal instinct to befoul as much of the city as physiologically possible? Why doesn’t she pick more prominent targets? Is the Colorado Springs PD ready for retaliatory poopings? What did the Budde family do to her? Is this revenge?

If you know the Mad Pooper or, better yet, if you are the Mad Pooper, please send me an email.

[KKTV]

h/t Alan

6 hours ago, Gone Ballistic said:

The Ed is a Cunt.jpg

I got a better one:

SWYC: We did not accept the entry from Scot Tempesta in the SD  2 Ensenada race because as Bono put it,

"Scot Tempesta Upset the Moral Arc of Sailing."

homer-simpson-the-simpsons-doh-facepalm-

1 hour ago, RKoch said:

ED would have a stronger argument if he organized a successful race. 

He did.   The SA sport boat regattas at Coronado YC were quite good.   People will attend if he can organize something.

Snag... Never met u, but am scettilliay boust your postes. Whayy dont u come and ciallis wit us inn the REGRETTA? Skott would APPProoovvvee

10 hours ago, poncho said:

Snag... Never met u, but am scettilliay boust your postes. Whayy dont u come and ciallis wit us inn the REGRETTA? Skott would APPProoovvvee

Man thats tough to read.  Snag's prose flows like poetry.

On 9/20/2017 at 0:37 PM, PurpleOnion said:

Are you suggesting that he take responsibility for developing a positive solution and not just whine about things that others do?

Even worse, it seems that you're suggesting that he put in the time, effort, and stress of running a regatta and then dealing with various wackos and yahoos who badger you and speak ill of you in public forums - thereby dragging you away from the tasks associated with running a good regatta.

Madness!

Rimas will swim to the surface from Davey's locker, find a derelict vessel floating around our there, put in the work to scrub the growth from the bottom, drift to the NP gyre and knit his own sails from floating bits of plastic, learn to sail upwind and actually finish a voyage on his own, with no donated tow into harbor before the above ever happens.

On 9/20/2017 at 11:31 AM, Editor said:

+1 vote on the Cal20 class!!!

13 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

I vollunted to helpe.

uhe gunna prinned teh SEyez + KORz ??

avalible as a PFD 

12 hours ago, ExOmo said:

He did.   The SA sport boat regattas at Coronado YC were quite good.   People will attend if he   can  Wood just organize something. Again

+ 100

13 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

OaK

fixied