• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
smackdaddy

Mr. Clean DTS?

1 hour ago, USA190520 said:

He was just in puerto cervo covering the j70 worlds, hardly dts. 

Yup!

You don't have to look very hard to bump into really shaky recent videos of himself, talking, talking, talking, blabbering.

How anyone listens to that garbage is beyond me. It's not like he ever lets anyone get a word in edgewise. One has to wonder why he bothers to travel when he could just voice over stock photographs.

1 hour ago, Moonduster said:

How anyone listens to that garbage is beyond me. It's not like he ever lets anyone get a word in edgewise. One has to wonder why he bothers to travel when he could just voice over stock photographs.

I love listening to podcasts, point me to a better one for yacht racing please.

...with you on that.   Usually Clean is enough to not watch coverage, but thought I'd try watching some 49er coverage he was doing,,, ,,,,for 3 minutes,,,,, he couldn't remember his co-commentator's name,, hard to miss Ben Remocker if you know anything of the class!   :mellow:

there's nooo fixin' stoopud.   :lol:  

2 hours ago, couchsurfer said:

...with you on that.   Usually Clean is enough to not watch coverage, but thought I'd try watching some 49er coverage he was doing,,, ,,,,for 3 minutes,,,,, he couldn't remember his co-commentator's name,, hard to miss Ben Remocker if you know anything of the class!   :mellow:

there's nooo fixin' stoopud.   :lol:  

DTS coude mean; dam!  thatys stoupid

Hey you haters, try to live you life on Clean's schedule and budget. The guy is filming, editing and running around the world to produce decent content for the SA readers. Yeah, some of his stuff is not great but at least he is working hard to put interesting stories together.  A good amount of his work is interesting and informative. What else are you asking for?

You armchair haters who complain about free content should try doing some of that stuff on your own. I know how far you would get.

Run - you're wrong. It's not about schedule or budget. It's not about filming, editing and running around.

The problem is that his idea of an interview is of listening to himself talk. The ratio of time for question to to time for answer is backwards. He uses lousy equipment and makes fabulous excuses, inverted once again. And he's completely lacking in any objectivity at all.

I'll stick with Cleans version of SA over Moondusters, its far more entertaining.

In terms of coverage of an event, I have seen none better than the coverage of the recent NYYC invitational (won by my boys Marcus & Andrew Eagan + company SYC)  On the water Drone footage as well as graphics.  It was really good.  Just sayin

42 minutes ago, port tack said:

In terms of coverage of an event, I have seen none better than the coverage of the recent NYYC invitational (won by my boys Marcus & Andrew Eagan + company SYC)  On the water Drone footage as well as graphics.  It was really good.  Just sayin

+1, Killer coverage.

2 hours ago, Rum Runner said:

Hey you haters, try to live you life on Clean's schedule and budget. The guy is filming, editing and running around the world to produce decent content for the SA readers. Yeah, some of his stuff is not great but at least he is working hard to put interesting stories together.  A good amount of his work is interesting and informative. What else are you asking for?

You armchair haters who complain about free content should try doing some of that stuff on your own. I know how far you would get.

I agree with Moon below,,, why go to 'all the effort' just to broadcast egocentric sheitte.  I try to watch a class he's covering that I used to race in,,, can't bear more than 5 minutes. :mellow:  

Run - you're wrong. It's not about schedule or budget. It's not about filming, editing and running around.

The problem is that his idea of an interview is of listening to himself talk. The ratio of time for question to to time for answer is backwards. He uses lousy equipment and makes fabulous excuses, inverted once again. And he's completely lacking in any objectivity at all.

38 minutes ago, Timo42 said:

I nominate Snaggy for co-commentator. :)

that'd work,,, at least it'd be entertaining.

1 hour ago, port tack said:

really? because the coverage on the 52 super series is pretty damn good.

2 hours ago, port tack said:

Who did the coverage?

NYYC coverage was Andy green,tucker Thompson and Kenny read did a day also . Great use of drones and video content in both interviews and boat action was really good .

On 22/9/2017 at 7:44 PM, Moonduster said:

Still better than finding your whining blabber all around this forum on every fucking thread. At least you can choose if you watch Clean`s work or not.

On 22/9/2017 at 9:31 PM, couchsurfer said:

I agree with Moon below,,, why go to 'all the effort' just to broadcast egocentric sheitte.  I try to watch a class he's covering that I used to race in,,, can't bear more than 5 minutes. :mellow:  

that'd work,,, at least it'd be entertaining.

Well, don't watch it, we don't really care and it's not like you paid for it or anything..

Chuso, you saying you can't choose what you read? Is that because your mom forces you to look at every post on every site on the web? That's sad, really.

Well, I can definitely put you on "Ignore", that's easy.

You obviously have some reading comprehension disability apart from being a dimwit, so maybe that's the way to go.

Hi Smack

Not DTS, just busy busy busy, and not reading social media or forum comments that often anymore - the aftermath of the Trump has really cut back on how much I pay attention to the internet.

For the past little while, I've been traveling a lot.

49er/Nacra European Champ coverage in Kiel and 49er Worlds in Porto had great numbers despite light budget and a production provider that had a lot of issues.  All I do is commentate and do interviews for them - anyone who has problems with the production should probably take it up with the classes.

J/70 coverage was a favor to friends in the Italian Class, who were certain that the YCCS would do a poor job of reaching the general public, as all Rolex clubs have a problem with.  I was there to help grow their 5-month old social network channels, and we did a good job of that despite being on a shoe string budget - basically flights, shitty apartment with no hot water, and half my day rate.

I spent 30 days away from my 2 year old between June and now, and both I and my clients are happy with the outcome and we'll be reprising the relationship again for the olympic boats and the J/70, likely in Vigo at the Europeans, and hopefully with a decent production budget. Brash and I are working on some cool ideas...

On 9/22/2017 at 7:13 PM, quezal said:

NYYC coverage was Andy green,tucker Thompson and Kenny read did a day also . Great use of drones and video content in both interviews and boat action was really good .

NYYC coverage was over $100,000

On 9/22/2017 at 1:44 PM, Moonduster said:

The cool thing about the internet is you get to decide yourselves whether the angry, bitter, boat-sinking Moonduster is right.

Winning tactician "BICTOR"

My old drinking buddy Hannah

So what do you guys think:  Shitty interviews, too much talking by me, and terrible equipment?  

Or is someone on SA talking shit again?

Your coverage is worth every penny I have paid.  Constructive suggestion, when you do on the water stuff, don't use cute nicknames for the sailors, we all know you're too cool for school, but I can't follow shit when you don't use proper names.  Congrats on your daughter...I hear she is cute as hell.  

37 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Hi Smack

Not DTS, just busy busy busy, and not reading social media or forum comments that often anymore - the aftermath of the Trump has really cut back on how much I pay attention to the internet.

For the past little while, I've been traveling a lot.

49er/Nacra European Champ coverage in Kiel and 49er Worlds in Porto had great numbers despite light budget and a production provider that had a lot of issues.  All I do is commentate and do interviews for them - anyone who has problems with the production should probably take it up with the classes.

J/70 coverage was a favor to friends in the Italian Class, who were certain that the YCCS would do a poor job of reaching the general public, as all Rolex clubs have a problem with.  I was there to help grow their 5-month old social network channels, and we did a good job of that despite being on a shoe string budget - basically flights, shitty apartment with no hot water, and half my day rate.

I spent 30 days away from my 2 year old between June and now, and both I and my clients are happy with the outcome and we'll be reprising the relationship again for the olympic boats and the J/70, likely in Vigo at the Europeans, and hopefully with a decent production budget. Brash and I are working on some cool ideas...

Well it's about time. I just wasn't seeing much of your shiny bits around and just got worried sick (ps - the bits are now below not to the right). Thanks for the update. Sounds like you've been slammed. But at least is ain't mining sulfur.

Now, get back to your kid!