• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Training Wheels

Firefly Oasis G31 Charging Questions, Help Please!

I finally got 3 Firefly batteries, and have them installed. They specify 14.4V bulk and 13.4V float voltages. My solar controllers don't do that. It can do lead acid: 14.25V/13.25V, traction: 14.45V/13.25V, AGM: 14.25V/13.8V. Which would be best? I'm thinking the lead acid setting, as we're headed south so will be in warmer temperatures. Thank you for your expertise!

Best to check with the manufacturer. Failing that, I think your best going with traction as it seems closest to the recommended voltage. If these function similarly  to AGM type batteries they will never get fully charged unless they get to max acceptance . If you want a really well designed controller, check out Genasun: https://genasun.com/all-products/solar.../for.../gv-10-pb-10a-solar-charge-controller/  \

They may be able to custom build you a  controller for these batteries if needed.

The set points for Firefly's more closely resemble Gel and I assume could be easilly and similiarly damaged if too high. For 10 degrees C increase in temp from say 30-40 degrees the setpoint needs to drop around 0.25v so all but the AGM setting should work well with maybe switching bulk setpoint down from 14.45v traction to 14.25v FLA setting when ambient temperature is up.

If you ever need to change MPPT controllers Victron make a programmable one that works well.

Thanks, sounds like I'm on track. We're headed to Mexico soon, so the temperature will be up. Unfortunately my controllers are relatively new. I've got the Mastervolt SCM 25's. Got a really good deal on them, thought they'd be good, now not so sure.....