Shortforbob

Puerto Rico

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Chum said:

The water though Lefty, the water! He handled the water expertly!

Oh, and would a photo of a President breaking a sweat like Carter be more impactful?

Yes, and more honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chum said:

Why answer only the theoretical question lefty? What about the brass tacks of what you were proposing?

I think what Lefty is trying to say is that the president is a fake.:rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chum said:

Why answer only the theoretical question lefty? What about the brass tacks of what you were proposing?

Because the empirical question answered it's self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

You think that dude in the truck wasn't planted?  Probably was an advance media coordinator with team dotard.  Worst thing for the dotard would be to have him face real Americans in crisis.  You know I'd have said something dickish to him as he handed me the empty tub.  "He dickface! you must have loaded this up with your morality!"

The clean truck is suspicious. That the President, a known germophobe, is seen shaking hands with a commoner only adds to the suspicion. When you factor in the way he handled the feather-light boxes means only the Faithful are incapable of seeing this as a staged event. 

Now, that Mayor must have some serious pull to get all that polluted water in place for her “photo op”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chum said:

Anyway, forget about the hysterical hit and runs of yesterday, let's move on to today's hysteria.

Hysteria?

You have 3.5 million citizens cut off from communications and a president consistently lying about the situation..and your calling reaction to this situation hysterical?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shortforbob said:

Hysteria?

You have 3.5 million citizens cut off from communications and a president consistently lying about the situation..and your calling reaction to this situation hysterical?

“Cut off from communications”, and President Trump tells them not to believe the “fake news”. Must be that magical liberal media beaming holograms to PR in an effort to hurt his image. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chum said:

Because people have come forward in the past to say they received empty boxes because Trump is not physically strong enough to lift a box?

Shut up Chumly, you already have no credibility, no sense in getting yourself labeled a twister sister.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chum said:

Anyway, forget about the hyseerical hit and runs of yesterday, let's move on to today's hysteria.

So more "fake news" and culture war from the Mango Moron in the White House? God damn you've got bto be one twisted fuck to blame the liberals for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chum said:

Prople are dying and we have hysterical people saying we should drop pallets on pickups and Trumps hands are too small and weak to help.

And we have you defending the fuckup in the White House like a dutiful soldier.

 

Nothing is ever his fault for you guys is it? The buck never stops with that moron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chum said:

Show me where.

 

9 minutes ago, Chum said:

Because people have come forward in the past to say they received empty boxes because Trump is not physically strong enough to lift a box?

 

Whether or not it's true or bullshit (I don't care) that's what you are doing right here. Trump Denial Syndrome must make you forget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chum said:

Prople are dying and we have hysterical people saying we should drop pallets on pickups and Trumps hands are too small and weak to help.

ah..your use of language 

Oh Fuck..I think it's time we all did get a little hysterical

off topic

  1. I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful Secretary of State, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man...

     

    Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump  4m4 minutes ago

     

    ...Save your energy Rex, we'll do what has to be done!

     
  2.  

    Eh lefty..the squirrels are getting uncomfortably large.

    It's entirely within the realms of possibility that this malignant narcissist would escalate war with NK to deflect attention  from his failure ..or out of spite and anger just because he can..seriously he frightens me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

ah..your use of language 

Oh Fuck..I think it's time we all did get a little hysterical

off topic

  1. I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful Secretary of State, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man...

     

    Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump  4m4 minutes ago

     

    ...Save your energy Rex, we'll do what has to be done!

     
  2.  

    Eh lefty..the squirrels are getting uncomfortably large.

    It's entirely within the realms of possibility that this malignant narcissist would escalate war with NK to deflect attention  from his failure ..or out of spite and anger just because he can..seriously he frightens me.

President Trump only does shit like that because the Liberals forced him to do so. 

Somehow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chum said:

Not so. I'm asking for evidence, but if you don't care if it's even true or not, what's the point?

evidence of what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that some feel a photo op means fake.   It means nothing of the sort. It is an opportunity  to use a photo to get a message across.  I never claimed or implied that  The photo op of San Juan's Mayor was fake.  Yet the left is all over trying to prove that Photo op of Trump is faked. Hysteria doesn't even to begin to describe the TDS you are displaying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Hysteria?

You have 3.5 million citizens cut off from communications and a president consistently lying about the situation..and your calling reaction to this situation hysterical?

You are so full of shit. But hell anyone who thinks PR is only few miles wide can't be expected to deal in facts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

The clean truck is suspicious. That the President, a known germophobe, is seen shaking hands with a commoner only adds to the suspicion. When you factor in the way he handled the feather-light boxes means only the Faithful are incapable of seeing this as a staged event. 

Now, that Mayor must have some serious pull to get all that polluted water in place for her “photo op”. 

Photo op

It is associated with politicians who perform tasks such as planting trees, picking up litter, and visiting senior citizens, often during electioncycles, with the intent of photographers catching the events on film, generating positive publicity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

So he should walk over there and steal them?

Try to drag a container down the road with a rope?

What?

 

Nah, walk over there and ask for a case of water or can of gas.  Somewhere on that island someone is setting up relief stations,  If they aren't having a shitload of guys in uniform from out of territory isn't going to get the goods where they are needed and where the locals planned to do distribution.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

WTF is this "obama can" thing you guys are talking about???

It's the EPA mandated fuel spout on portable gas containers. It's a pain in the Ass to work as you have to slide the spout to allow pouring.  Picture a child safety cap on a can of gas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Agree.  And how is that FEMA or Trump's fault?  Trumples is a complete and utter douchebag for how he's handled the optics of this (I hate that term, btw).  But I don't know what better could have been done by the FedGov.  Its fun to bitch and point fingers, but the reality on the ground in terms of logistics planning and execution is far different than it is from your comfy lazee-boy.  

Read the piece I quoted this morning, from someone on the island. FEMA nationalized the fuel distribution system.  It's a corollary of the "you break it you bought it" rule.  Take ownership of it and you take responsibility for it.  

As for Trump's responsibility, you're a military guy, so I don't have to tell you a lesson my dad taught me: You can delegate authority but not responsibility.  If he doesn't want that job and that responsibility, he should step aside and let someone who 1) can do the job and 2) wants that responsibility, do the job.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/01/femas-long-no-time-for-mayors-spout-off-focused-on-puerto-rico.html

FEMA's Long: No time for mayor's 'spout off,' focused on Puerto Rico

“I think we have to filter out the noise,” he said from FEMA headquarters. “My guys here have been busting their rears for nearly 40 days to help Americans.”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Believe what you want Chumly, If those boxes contained even something as light as rice they wouldn't be making that hollow thumping sound when they changed hands, and Trump wouldn't be able to palm them by the slick sides they way he was.

Rice is pretty heavy in bulk.

A case of MREs weighs about 20#.  Depending on the case size, of course.  The Entree only packs are less then 10.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I actually see that as a good thing.  They probably got far more accomplished with him on the golf course than with him in the situation room.  

Sadly that’s likely true. His incompetence brings down the whole response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

You're extremely clever for figuring that out, or at least have made me feel extremely stupid for NOT figuring it out.

I use red for gas, yellow for diesel, blue for water, just like I'm supposed to do.

But I did grab all my dad's pre-Obama fuel cans when he died. I have about 40 gallons on hand now, all in old fashioned red cans that actually have a real two-way vent.

I only have one modern fuel can. A tiny one that I use to mix chainsaw gas. After 15 frustrating minutes, I despaired of ever getting the stupid thing to dispense any fuel. When I want chainsaw fuel, I grab the spout off the nearest old can and put that on there. You don't really need a vent if you're filling a half pint tank.

I have some really sticky red duct tape, which will soon be among the markings on blue gas cans. Thanks for the tip.

I wish I had figured that one out on my own, but I cannot claim credit for that.  That's the work of my buddy Big Country, who is a boat captain/delivery/common sense specialist. BC doesn't waste time screwing around with silly sh!t.  And spilling fuel on the decks of nice boats is bad form, and a waste of time.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Read the piece I quoted this morning, from someone on the island. FEMA nationalized the fuel distribution system.  It's a corollary of the "you break it you bought it" rule.  Take ownership of it and you take responsibility for it.  

As for Trump's responsibility, you're a military guy, so I don't have to tell you a lesson my dad taught me: You can delegate authority but not responsibility.  If he doesn't want that job and that responsibility, he should step aside and let someone who 1) can do the job and 2) wants that responsibility, do the job.  

Are you taking about the face book post.   Seriously?  You think that was not a little bit suspicious that it hit all the talking points the left is screaming about?   He couldn't get supplies, but he overheard Trump bashing while in line at a bank?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Chum said:

Not so. I'm asking for evidence, but if you don't care if it's even true or not, what's the point?

the point is to divide and distract us, just like with everything Trump does. Why do you think he created his little NFL shitstorm?

Does this count as hysteria? Or is it just amazingly un-Presidential

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

 You can't pay for this kind of entertainment.

oh, we'll pay for the Trump entertainment.

like I said you culture warriors are fucking pathetic. Chum's posted how many fucking times on this page alone and talking about people being distracted? Own up geezers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Another mayor in PR speaks out  

Mayor Perez told TheDC that the story Cruz is telling the media doesn’t mesh with what he has seen from the federal government.

“My experience is different. I have been participating in different meetings at the headquarters of FEMA and our government and the help is coming in and right now my experience is different from hers. I’m receiving help from the government, we are receiving assistance from FEMA, I got people over here helping us with applications for the people that have damage in their houses. And we have here in Guaynabo, we have thousands of people that lost partially or totally their houses,” said Perez, who is a member of Puerto Rico’s New Progressive Party.

Perez’s comments echoed what FEMA administrator Brock Long said on Saturday. Long defended Trump’s tweets blasting Cruz and indicated that Cruz has failed to connect with the FEMA command center set up on the island to help with the relief effort.

When asked about Cruz’s “genocide” statement, Perez said, “I don’t know why she is saying that. What I can tell you is my experience. She is not participating in any meetings and we had a couple already with the governors and with representation of FEMA and of HUD, of these whole federal agencies that have given us help and she’s not participating in those meetings and some mayors from her political party have been participating, so I don’t know why she is saying that. My experience is very different.” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Chum, Its just hysteria.  They need an outlet to vent.  Let it go man.  I'm finding it actually quite amusing that they are all coming out swinging so hard, grasping at any straw they can, no matter how small.  You can't pay for this kind of entertainment.

In the mean time....

 roughly two weeks later, 11 major highways have been reopened, 700 of roughly 1,000 gas stations now have petroleum, 300 pharmacies are now operating and 16 people so far have died, compared to about 1,800 deaths during and after Hurricane Katrina in 2005 in New Orleans, Long said.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Are you taking about the face book post.   Seriously?  You think that was not a little bit suspicious that it hit all the talking points the left is screaming about?   He couldn't get supplies, but he overheard Trump bashing while in line at a bank?  

Like I've said, take it as you want.  I've heard similar stuff from other people on the island. It tracks all of the things I have been talking about from my little bit of experience with the aftermath of catastrophic hurricanes, not just unAmerican talking points. But here's a thought to consider.  Maybe those talking points are not just talking points.  Believe what you want.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TMSAIL said:

In the mean time....

 roughly two weeks later, 11 major highways have been reopened, 700 of roughly 1,000 gas stations now have petroleum, 300 pharmacies are now operating and 16 people so far have died, compared to about 1,800 deaths during and after Hurricane Katrina in 2005 in New Orleans, Long said.  

None of that is Trumps fault so who gives a shit?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Worst he's ever seen."  

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/first-tour-puerto-rico-top-general-calls-damage-worst-hes-ever-seen/

Quote

Buchanan said the worst problems are on the interior of the island. “And it’s because of roads. The roads are not clear on the outside of the island, and we’re slowly working our way in. But we obviously need to get all the roads cleared so we can get supplies to people who desperately need them.”

 

And something positive for the remain-calm crowd:

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-09-29/lt-gen-jeffrey-buchanan-pushes-back-on-criticism-of-trumps-puerto-rico-response

Quote

The three-star general overseeing hurricane relief efforts in Puerto Rico pushed back Friday against criticisms that the Trump administration acted too slowly to respond to the devastation of Hurricane Maria and that his deployment there was designed to compensate for perceived White House inaction.

"That's absolutely inaccurate," Lt. Gen. Jeffrey S. Buchanan, the commander of U.S. Army North, told U.S. News in an exclusive phone interview. "It's certainly not a symbolic thing. As the land component commander, we're now shifting to a more land-based response, so it's appropriate that my command is appointed command for it."

"I have to go wherever it is that I need to be to best provide the leadership required," Buchanan says.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand how anyone can put a bow on this, it will take months to fix this. FEMA will get things running again in months, not days, and anyone who expects a different outcome should cut back on their smokes.

inwjhfcrlyprbeeeyczv.jpg

J625QUWELU7ZRGJZA4H4DWXOGI.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

puerto-rico.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

Interesting that some feel a photo op means fake.   It means nothing of the sort. It is an opportunity  to use a photo to get a message across.  I never claimed or implied that  The photo op of San Juan's Mayor was fake.  Yet the left is all over trying to prove that Photo op of Trump is faked. Hysteria doesn't even to begin to describe the TDS you are displaying. 

In posting “photo op” in response to the Mayor waist-deep in floodwater, you made very clear your feelings about the image. 

Own that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

much more than months

where are all the infrastructure employees going to come from?  where are they going to stay on the island?

the coe is going to be put in charge of the infrastructure rebuilding paid for by fema / congress.  not only will the coe fuck it up, but they'll double or triple the schedule

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

In posting “photo op” in response to the Mayor waist-deep in floodwater, you made very clear your feelings about the image. 

Own that. 

NO problem it was a photo op Are you claiming it wasn't ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are dying.

You're blaming Bush.

People are dying.

Stop blaming Bush. 

Look at how many people have died.

Stupid uncivilized locals.  The democRAT gov. should have asked for help.  

 

^^^^^^^^^^^

People are dying. 

You're blaming Trump.  

People are dying.

Stop blaming Trump.  

 

 

As they open up the roads into the hard to reach areas of the island, we can move on to the next stage of the Fox Cycle.  But the rain is stopping here.  I'm going to go out and wade through some shit water as soon as I can find my cameraman and my band.  Can't go doing a photo op for political points without my theme music.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I don't understand how anyone can put a bow on this, it will take months to fix this. FEMA will get things running again in months, not days, and anyone who expects a different outcome should cut back on their smokes.

inwjhfcrlyprbeeeyczv.jpg

J625QUWELU7ZRGJZA4H4DWXOGI.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

puerto-rico.jpg

Who is doing that.  No one that I have heard  is saying this isn't a disaster of epic proportions.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TMSAIL said:

Who is doing that.  No one that I have heard  is saying this isn't a disaster of epic proportions.  

You sure about that?  That Trump admin says it's a good news story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

You sure about that?  That Trump admin says it's a good news story.

That was a stupid statement that was also taken out of context.   She was clearly referring to how people were pulling together.  Were the stories about the Cajun Navy feel good?  Most disasters have good news stories.  I agree it sounded bad.  I wonder how long it will be before that statement will be attributed directly to Trump rather than a member of his administration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

 I wonder how long it will be before that statement will be attributed directly to Trump rather than a member of his administration. 

won't be much longer till he doesn't have an administration given how they are dropping like flies. It's been over 2 months since Kelly moved to the White House from DHS and they still can't find a replacement. No relation to the poor FEMA response though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the dotard can stop tweeting about the NFL and 3 putting and pay attention to what's going on in PR.  Optics are very bad and getting worse by the minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I guess TMSail was on Fox today.

in terms of FEMA relief missions, he's probably spot on.  In terms of what the US has faced, I'm guessing that the folks who planned Normandy might like to chat with the Administrator about their little project.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yup. and given this is the way dolt45 works - make grandiose claim that's bullshit, than either walk it back, or claim "FAKE NEWS" on their deliberate lies, they should be laughed at.

course Chum & JeffiePoo will blame the libruls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me park this right here.

 

"The Department of Defense's primary military liaison with FEMA said Puerto Rico experienced the worst damage he's ever seen. 

“Sometimes we don’t know what’s going to happen until the storm actually hits," Lt. Gen. Jeffrey S. Buchanan said in an interview published on Saturday with PBS NewsHour's Monica Villamizar. 

"And this is the worst I’ve ever seen." 

Buchanan surveyed the damage on the island this weekend. He said during the interview he's neither a Republican or a Democrat; he is a soldier and is there to help people."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/353337-general-overseeing-puerto-rico-relief-this-is-the-worst-ive-ever-seen

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here

 

"The number of Puerto Ricans without access to drinking water has risen sharply, the Defense Department announced on Saturday. 

Fifty-five percent of the population did not have access to drinking water, the Pentagon said in a Saturday press release. 

The military said last week that 44 percent of the island did not have access to drinking water. 

A Navy hospital ship is expected to reach the island on Wednesday, the Pentagon said."

 http://thehill.com/latino/353347-pentagon-55-percent-of-puerto-ricans-have-no-access-to-drinking-water

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

in terms of FEMA relief missions, he's probably spot on.  In terms of what the US has faced, I'm guessing that the folks who planned Normandy might like to chat with the Administrator about their little project.  

Logistics after 911 were pretty challenging.  All that rubble, human remains, crime scene, right in the middle of the US financial district.  Yup.  But that was more FBI than FEMA.  So OK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Logistics after 911 were pretty challenging.  All that rubble, human remains, crime scene, right in the middle of the US financial district.  Yup.  But that was more FBI than FEMA.  So OK. 

That's almost as dumb as Meli boasting about 4 planeloads. 

9/11 damage was a half-dozen city blocks  -  surrounded by a perfectly intact city. 

What logistics?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2017 at 1:04 PM, TMSAIL said:

She has been taking shots at the administration from the beggining.  Trump should have ignored her.  

From the beginning?  I know I already responded to this, but it's still bugging me. 

Even Trump says she was "very complimentary" a few days earlier, so where the fuck did you get this notion from?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Rice is pretty heavy in bulk.

A case of MREs weighs about 20#.  Depending on the case size, of course.  The Entree only packs are less then 10.

 

I'm betting the boxes are filled with Melba Toast.  It goes with most anything else, light and crispy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, frenchie said:

From the beginning?  I know I already responded to this, but it's still bugging me. 

Even Trump says she was "very complimentary" a few days earlier, so where the fuck did you get this notion from?

 

My bad I saw the earlier comments after I posted.  I think Trump is a fool for engaging anyone in the disaster zone.  I cannnit imagine the stress any official in PR is dealing with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chum said:

 hysterical absurdity when I see it. 

which is a hysterically absurd distortion of what's actually being said here. which is why I'm laughing at you as you keep fucking that chicken.

 

Your posts on this thread = never ending useless static. You aren't a reality check, you aren't contributing, you are part of the problem. If you are fine with that cool, just lose the fucking smug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

which is a hysterically absurd distortion of what's actually being said here. which is why I'm laughing at you as you keep fucking that chicken.

 

Your posts on this thread = never ending useless static. You aren't a reality check, you aren't contributing, you are part of the problem. If you are fine with that cool, just lose the fucking smug.

You are trying to converse with a shitposter.  That is not someone who is here for dialogue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

My bad I saw the earlier comments after I posted.  I think Trump is a fool for engaging anyone in the disaster zone.  I cannnit imagine the stress any official in PR is dealing with. 

I think the good mayor of San Juan needs to take a weekend off to golf and put things in perspective.  Nothing is more relaxing and clears the mind like a few games of golf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything is going to be ok now. The President has dedicated a golf trophy to the people of Puerto Rico. 

“The mayor’s living on a cot and I hope the President has a good day at golf.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chum said:

 

1 minute ago, Chum said:

Apparently anyone who doesn't openenly and vociferously hate Trump, loves him, is that it?

If you could at least pull his cock out of your mouth before posting, it might change hearts and minds.   BTW, which color sock are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chum said:

Remember, pointing out holes in a posters thinking does not count as proof of support for the opposite camp

Of course it doesn't, because nobody here actually supports, approves or agrees with Trumpkin. The liberals and Democrats are just worse.

As you appear to be stupid: Trump uses people who disagree with, and hate, liberals day in day out to keep himself in power. So yes, you are supporting him by your bullshit here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chum said:

Chum? A sock? That'ts just as funny as the notion that anyone who disagrees with a liberal must have the presidents cock in their mouth. Chum does not play the silly sock game, he owns what he says.

I would like to issue what we will call the Chum Challenge, or Post Up or Shut Up Challenge, if you like. Find me one place here, any thread, where I support the man or his policies. Pretty simple eh? Remember, pointing out holes in a posters thinking does not count as proof of support for the opposite camp, it's just pointing out holes in the posters thinking.

Unless you tell us your sock colors its not a fair challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chum said:

So, youve got nothing. Next..

One of our other sock puppets likes that response too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

NO problem it was a photo op Are you claiming it wasn't ?  

Your comment made clear the lack of respect you have for a woman waist-deep in floodwater, with a bullhorn, trying to help/save people. 

You believe it was just a “photo op”. 

Own that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Your comment made clear the lack of respect you have for a woman waist-deep in floodwater, with a bullhorn, trying to help/save people. 

You believe it was just a “photo op”. 

Own that. 

More mind reading. All I said was photo op in response to that picture.  You are trying to embellish what I said.    I'll own exactly what I posted.   PHOTO OP.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chum said:

Speaking of socks, wasn't there a sock thread awhile ago where an attempt was made to pair all the socks with their owners? I myself would like to know when I'm reading shit from the same person under different names, it would help a lot. it should be a sticky. WTF is the point? Other than anarchy, obviously.

I despise socks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chum said:

Yes Ed I know you're a sock, it's actually why I brought it up.

I have no other accounts on PA.  I have changed my name occasionally, but that is recorded for all to see.  Not a sock.  Never had a sock.  I hunt socks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

More mind reading. All I said was photo op in response to that picture.  You are trying to embellish what I said.    I'll own exactly what I posted.   PHOTO OP.  

 

You can try to pretend that comment was not derisive and dismissive of the work she is doing. I doubt anyone will buy it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

You can try to pretend that comment was not derisive and dismissive of the work she is doing. I doubt anyone will buy it. 

 

Glad you got all that from  "photo op" Could you tell the class what I meant when I said Trump was a fool for his comments about her? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chumly speaks in the 3rd person singular...... Hmmmm.... Reminds me of someone..... Now who is that?..... Hmmmmm...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

President Donald Trump dedicated the nation's victory in Presidents Cup golf Sunday afternoon to victims of recent hurricanes in Puerto Rico, Texas and Florida. 

"On behalf of all the people of Texas, and all of the people of — if you look today you will see what’s happening and how horrible it is, but we have it under really great control, Puerto Rico and the people of Florida that have really suffered over this last short period of time with the hurricanes, I want to just remember them," Trump said during the trophy presentation.

Wow, he really does care.  Not really about the people, but that he has it under really great control.

Maybe he can fill the trophy with the tears of liberals and make it rain for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hillary said:

There is no magic fix for an event like this on a Island 1100 air miles from the mainland. It will be painful for many weeks and months. Politics is killing America and right now it is killing Puerto Ricans. If this is not a time and place to abandon hay making then what would be? Really, under what circumstances would you set aside politics and unify? 

Ineptness is killing Americans. We can do better, and as Americans, we can always do much better. We supplied Berlin after WWII; airdrops were a coordinated effort. We came together during 9/11; I don't think this country has ever been more joined together. George Bush enjoyed the highest approval rating for any American President. During WWII, we saw the joint effort to defeat an enemy as our greatest strength. San Francisco built 23 ships before WWII, by 1945 just five years later, they had turned out a ship a day. As a soldier in Vietnam, whenever it was safe for choppers, I got a hot meal that I was eternally grateful to receive.

We have politics on the front pages of our newspapers because of the government's slow reaction to the situation. It would not have taken much for the people to have regarded the actions of our government as heroic, but they don't because they recognize the amateurish way this problem was handled in the beginning. So you get derisive politics instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Ineptness is killing Americans. We can do better, and as Americans, we can always do much better. We supplied Berlin after WWII; airdrops were a coordinated effort. We came together during 9/11; I don't think this country has ever been more joined together. George Bush enjoyed the highest approval rating for any American President. During WWII, we saw the joint effort to defeat an enemy as our greatest strength. San Francisco built 23 ships before WWII, by 1945 just five years later, we had built 4,600. As a soldier in Vietnam, whenever it was safe for choppers, I got a hot meal that I was eternally grateful to receive.

We have politics on the front pages of our newspapers because of the government's slow reaction to the situation. It would not have taken much for the people to have regarded the actions of our government as heroic, but they don't because they recognize the amateurish way this problem was handled in the beginning. So you get derisive politics instead.

Much like the "special snow flake" comments from the extreme right, the rest of the community views the current bunch of bananas in Washington D.C. as hopeless, helpless, floundering idiots.... (Not including their own people, usually). Unfortunately people from New Jersey don't elect congressmen or senators from Nevada, nor do voters from Utah elect reps and sens. from Florida, and ad infinitum..... Perhaps if our congress was actually made up of people who had the country's best interest in mind, instead of their own pork barrel, this would work better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chum said:

The suspense is killing me you moron, who am I then?

Shut up Chumly. It's past your bed time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Much like the "special snow flake" comments from the extreme right, the rest of the community views the current bunch of bananas in Washington D.C. as hopeless, helpless, floundering idiots.... (Not including their own people, usually). Unfortunately people from New Jersey don't elect congressmen or senators from Nevada, nor do voters from Utah elect reps and sens. from Florida, and ad infinitum..... Perhaps if our congress was actually made up of people who had the country's best interest in mind, instead of their own pork barrel, this would work better.

'Throw the bums out' is now more applicable to politicians than it ever was for baseball.

 

2 minutes ago, Chum said:

 I can't sleep now I don't know who I am.

You're Scum. That, or Chumlee, the guy from Pawn Stars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

'Throw the bums out' is now more applicable to politicians than it ever was for baseball.

 

You're Scum. That, or Chumlee, the guy from Pawn Stars. 

Chumly Pieplate, from Tennessee Tuxedo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chum said:

Boy howdee have I done it now. No, I'm not Chum from Pawn Stars. 

Okay, then, shark bait composed of unwanted or useless fish parts. Did your mom give you that nickname?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chum said:

That's what I had in mind when I chose it. My Mom called me Michael Motorcycle, but I thought you guys would be too mean about that, so I chose Chum, looks like I chose well. You guys are real sharks.

If you are Wofsey having fun, I will come to Colorado and break your legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chum said:

Oh God...

Mikes a...knowledgeable guy, I'll take that as a compliment.

I like Mike and wouldn't hurt him for the world. You have a ways to go before you are regarded as anything besides a nuisance. Good luck to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Chum said:

Thanks. I'm working on it. I look forward to the day when I can run with the big dogs here.

We had an ancient poster, who turned out to be quite the bigot, that used that “run with the big dogs” line. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

Glad you got all that from  "photo op" Could you tell the class what I meant when I said Trump was a fool for his comments about her? 

 

The way you are minimizing what you said is a damned good indication you aren’t proud of it. 

It was a shitty thing to say about a woman in the midst of a disaster, doing her level best to help. 

It takes a special kind of prick to dismiss that image as having been a “photo op”.