• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Shootist Jeff

Active shooter on the Vegas Strip

3 hours ago, jocal505 said:

You see confused about background checks. You bailed on them during Manchin-Toomey in 2013, and claimed to support them later with the devil dominating the details etc...

We have a huge hole in background check requirements: private sales, about 22% of the entire market. You made mis-leading claims about background checks in May. 2015. This is my recollection of the strength of your support for BC's.

Then, when confronted about the private market bits, you just denied what you said...(like a douche).

Make up your mind whether you support BC's on private sales, or not.

How the fuck did you dig up a post from 2015??

creepy stalker springs to mind. 

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Are you saying you are stupid enough to put your personal info out on the Interweb?

Equifax did it for me.

8 hours ago, mad said:

Ouch, that smarts:blink::lol:

It's a tradition between Jeff and I. Every few posts he has to compare me to those two twits.

i generally refrain from responding and asking him how the wooden bowl turning is coming along.

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Are you saying you are stupid enough to put your personal info out on the Interweb?

I think 'Kmacdonald' is a compilation of the only two places he has ever worked.

18 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

It's a tradition between Jeff and I. Every few posts he has to compare me to those two twits.

i generally refrain from responding and asking him how the wooden bowl turning is coming along.

Before Sandy vag got flicked I'd never paid any attention to bent sailor. He was waiting in the wings. Another douche who thinks he's God's gift to the intelligentsia. 

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Before Sandy vag got flicked I'd never paid any attention to bent sailor. He was waiting in the wings. Another douche who thinks he's God's gift to the intelligentsia. 

Your wit. So savage. I'm bleeding. Truly. :rolleyes: 

https://thewatchtowers.org/key-witness-in-las-vegas-shooting-kills-self-and-daughter-following-fbi-raid/

• https://thewatchtowers.org/key-witness-in-las-vegas-shooting-kills-self-and-daughter-following-fbi-raid/
    Agents executed a search warrant and raided Beilman’s Williamsburg Drive home the day before he took his daughter, Nicole, into the backyard and shot her and then himself in the back of the head with a 12-gauge shotgun
  •  
  • that's some might fancy shooting. 
    Major witness in massacre commits murder-suicide pact with disabled daughter

A key witness in the Las Vegas shooting massacre has killed himself and his disabled daughter in a horrific murder-suicide shortly after the FBI raided his home.

John Beilman was wanted for questioning by federal agents in connection with a communications device discovered in suspected shooter Stephen Paddock's hotel room.

Investigators searched Beilman's Fairport home the day before he shot his severely disabled daughter and himself, according to sources close to the investigation.

Agents executed a search warrant and raided Beilman's Williamsburg Drive home the day before he took his daughter, Nicole, into the backyard and shot her and then himself in the back of the head with a 12-gauge shotgun.

John Beilman's 27-year-old daughter, Nicole, had Rett Syndrome, a rare neurological disorder.Nicole Beilman relied upon a wheelchair and was dependent on her parents for care.
    According to this report, upon the FBI searching the Mandalay Bay Hotel room used by CIA gun runner Stephen Paddock, a cell phone charger was discovered that had no accompanying phone - with SVR technology experts noting that this type of charger is used to charge a CP502520 3.0V 600mAh Li-MnO2 Non-rechargeable Thin Cell Battery used in various communication devices by both US Special Forces and CIA forces
  •  
  •  
  • Major

https://thewatchtowers.org/key-witness-in-las-vegas-shooting-kills-self-and-daughter-following-fbi-raid/

Major witness in massacre commits murder-suicide pact with disabled daughter

A key witness in the Las Vegas shooting massacre has killed himself and his disabled daughter in a horrific murder-suicide shortly after the FBI raided his home.

John Beilman was wanted for questioning by federal agents in connection with a communications device discovered in suspected shooter Stephen Paddock's hotel room.

Investigators searched Beilman's Fairport home the day before he shot his severely disabled daughter and himself, according to sources close to the investigation.

Agents executed a search warrant and raided Beilman's Williamsburg Drive home the day before he took his daughter, Nicole, into the backyard and shot her and then himself in the back of the head with a 12-gauge shotgun.

John Beilman's 27-year-old daughter, Nicole, had Rett Syndrome, a rare neurological disorder.Nicole Beilman relied upon a wheelchair and was dependent on her parents for care.
    According to this report, upon the FBI searching the Mandalay Bay Hotel room used by CIA gun runner Stephen 

14 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

No, but I but your mother was "humming" me as I typed that.

Well at 89 years of age she sometimes forgets the words. btw, on the way up to her room did you see the smoking hot chick on the reception at the Nursing home? 

Huba huba huba!

5 hours ago, mad said:

when it comes to stalking, around these parts, there's just ONE expert - and it ain't Jocal.

Favre!

18 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

No. They can be used as weapons. Just as you can use a tube of toothpaste as a weapon if you are so inclined.

Bug difference but I dont expect alc5ihol addled idiots to grasp that, so you get a pass.

Dictionary is your friend.  Cars ARE weapons.

9 minutes ago, Rockdog said:

Fancy that...

car
noun
a road vehicle, typically with four wheels, powered by an internal combustion engine and able to carry a small number of people.

1 hour ago, Rockdog said:

Your wit therefore could be used as a weapon. But not a very effective one. Trauma by dull object at best  And before you use the Jeff model of deflection and try to lump me and bent boi together, in this case the enemy of my enemy is still a dickwit..

Just now, LB 15 said:

Your wit therefore could be used as a weapon. But not a very effective one. Trauma by dull object at best 

Blunt force trauma is, I believe, the technical term.

17 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

No, but I but your mother was "humming" me as I typed that.

Nice.  So it was 'America the Beautiful', Milos?

27 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Blunt force trauma is, I believe, the technical term.

Thanks for that mate but i find it is best to avoid getting overly technical with the mouth breathers.

3 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Fancy that...

car
noun
a road vehicle, typically with four wheels, powered by an internal combustion engine and able to carry a small number of people.

Weapon 

See? Even the simplest concepts are hard for them to grasp.

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Your wit therefore could be used as a weapon. But not a very effective one. Trauma by dull object at best  And before you use the Jeff model of deflection and try to lump me and bent boi together, in this case the enemy of my enemy is still a dickwit..

Not much wit on PA anymore.

Just now, Rockdog said:

Not much wit on PA anymore.

Only for those that need each joke explained.

6 hours ago, the_abandoned_brane said:

Some fancy writing

http://www.snopes.com/john-beilman-las-vegas/

13 hours ago, Mark K said:
22 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Security guard shot before concert shooting began

That's more than a little strange. A security guard is shot and the cops are not informed immediately?

I noticed quite a few of the initial responding officers were off duty and would not have radios, they just happened to be in the area. 

It would make some sense if the entire LVPD were shut down and off duty but surely someone was near a phone or radio?

46 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

It would make some sense if the entire LVPD were shut down and off duty but surely someone was near a phone or radio?

No actually, they were in the shower and didn't hear it ring. 

It will be curious to find out why it took 75 min for the LVPD to breech the room after the first shots were fired.  75 mins???  WTF?

9 days and it's pretty well off the news.

I guess they have to make space for reporting the next one.

22 hours ago, mad said:

He keeps a searchable database. Quite proud of it. 

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

It will be curious to find out why it took 75 min for the LVPD to breech the room after the first shots were fired.  75 mins???  WTF?

Ya, that's what I've been asking all along.   They should change the “To Serve and Protect” logo to “You’re on Your Own”.

53 minutes ago, kmacdonald said:

Ya, that's what I've been asking all along.   They should change the “To Serve and Protect” logo to “You’re on Your Own”.

Well before we blame the cops. When was the first 911 call made? Sounds like this should have been over before it started. 

9 days and it's pretty well off the news.

I guess they have to make space for reporting the next one.

It could also be that a thousand times as many people have died here from other causes since then, thats 1000 times more. Of course that's no consolation if it's your close friends, neighbors or loved ones, but it makes it understandable when put in context.

Just now, Bloody Chum said:

It could also be that a thousand times as many people have died here from other causes since then, thats 1000 times more. Of course that's no consolation if it's your close friends, neighbors or loved ones, but it makes it understandable when put in context.

You've had 50,000 deaths from "other causes" in the USA since Vegas?

I presume you are not including such natural causes as old age in that rather curious statistic?

Then it's meaningless in this context.

No-one gets out alive - we are concerned with the premature variety.

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

No-one gets out alive - we are concerned with the premature variety.

Except for the ones in Chicago. 

I was talking about your comment that it wasn't in the news cycle anymore. You said they were making room for the next shooting spot, I pointed out that a thousand times more people had died in the short period of time since then, just an observation as to context.

I was talking about your comment that it wasn't in the news cycle anymore. You said they were making room for the next shooting spot, I pointed out that a thousand times more people had died in the short period of time since then, just an observation as to context.

But it isn't the context, it's a deflection - worthy of Tommy Gun or Jeffie I might add.

We are talking about murder, specifically mass murder by gun.

People dying of heart attacks, strokes, cancer, Alzheimers etc. etc. are not part of the context.

10 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Why does there being off-duty responding officers to an incident require the entire LVPD being shut down? Why do you think officers responding in an emergency would stop and call someone first? 

5 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I would guess they didn't automatically link the two incidents, as we do with great ease due to the brilliance of hindsight. There was a lot of confusion about the location of the shooter within the crowd, IIRC. The scale indicated multiple shooters and many reported exactly that. The officers who entered the room also had to consider that cart with the wires, which they could see. Heck of a place to put a bomb, is it not? They quickly discovered he has taken the trouble to screw the stair door shut so they knew he/they were prepared for an Alamo. 

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

But it isn't the context, it's a deflection - worthy of Tommy Gun or Jeffie I might add.

People dying of heart attacks, strokes, cancer, Alzheimers etc. etc. are not part of the context.

It's not deflection Sloop, its the facts of life and death.  A thousand times more people died in the short period since the shooting from things like "heart attacks, strokes, cancer, Alzheimers, etc. etc." I'll add suicide to your short list. You were wondering why it wasn't in the news anymore, 

18 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The simple point is there is little to no chance of you being killed in a mass murder, or shooting for that matter.  It's just not something you need to fear.

3 minutes ago, kmacdonald said:

The simple point is there is little to no chance of you being killed in a mass murder, or shooting for that matter.  It's just not something you need to fear.

As long as we stay in Canada, that is.

Now you're getting it. ;)

As long as you stay away from Surrey and Abbotsford anyway.

5 hours ago, Mark K said:

Why does there being off-duty responding officers to an incident require the entire LVPD being shut down? Why do you think officers responding in an emergency would stop and call someone first? 

I was talking about the hotel.

The latest version of the story that I heard was that their security guard got shot, several minutes later the guy started shooting the crowd, and several minutes after that the cops were called. Doesn't sound plausible.

If someone shoots your security guard, you call the cops right then.

Today I think the hotel suggested that the latest version may not be quite how it went.

Far be it from me to stop you from not coming here Sloop.  We have enough trouble with people kicking the door down to get in.

20 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I was talking about the hotel.

The latest version of the story that I heard was that their security guard got shot, several minutes later the guy started shooting the crowd, and several minutes after that the cops were called. Doesn't sound plausible.

If someone shoots your security guard, you call the cops right then.

Today I think the hotel suggested that the latest version may not be quite how it went.

The responding officers being unaware doesn't mean the dept wasn't immediately notified.

The proximity of his Big Moment apparently made this guy so jervous and nerky he shot a security guard who wasn't even interested in him, and may have been thereby pushed into going ahead with his Big Plan immediately...and probably before he had completed his preparations.    

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

and miss out on surrey girls?

19 minutes ago, frenchie said:

and miss out on surrey girls?

Shall we start with Surrey jokes?

What's the first thing a Surrey girl says in the morning?

"Call me a cab".

A Surrey tux - a Cat hat, down vest over a lumberjack shirt, greasy jeans and cowboy boots.

A Surrey limo - a rusty pickup with no brakes.

3 hours ago, Mark K said:

The responding officers being unaware doesn't mean the dept wasn't immediately notified.

The proximity of his Big Moment apparently made this guy so jervous and nerky he shot a security guard who wasn't even interested in him, and may have been thereby pushed into going ahead with his Big Plan immediately...and probably before he had completed his preparations.    

Interesting thoughts.

Suggests things could have been a lot worse. Which just makes things even more unfathomable.

12 hours ago, Bloody Chum said:

There's a Hollywood sex scandal going on. The glitterati will always push anything else of the front page.

7 hours ago, Mark K said:

No, it doesn't, and that's not what I heard nor what I said.

I said the cops were not called. And that's what they're saying.

The security guard got shot and no one from the hotel called the cops for over ten minutes after he reported being shot. If true, that's pretty fucked up. I doubt it's true.

Of course I know that calling the cops doesn't mean that any information in the call is immediately transmitted into the brains of all officers, on duty or not. Not sure why you're trying to take the discussion in that direction but it can't be based on anything I wrote.

11 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

No, it doesn't, and that's not what I heard nor what I said.

I said the cops were not called. And that's what they're saying.

The security guard got shot and no one from the hotel called the cops for over ten minutes after he reported being shot. If true, that's pretty fucked up. I doubt it's true.

Of course I know that calling the cops doesn't mean that any information in the call is immediately transmitted into the brains of all officers, on duty or not. Not sure why you're trying to take the discussion in that direction but it can't be based on anything I wrote.

This was kicked off by Jeff's comment that it was IIRC "75 minutes" between the guard getting shot and officers entering the room. Sounds bad, but there is much more to the answer than who called who when. Not only were their questions about the precise location(s) and number of shooters, the guy was only firing into a crowd for about the first10 minutes of that so when the officers approached the room there was no longer an active shooter. Their final approach to the room should be judged with that in mind. 

I will speculate he figured out his death was not assured in a final shoot-out with the cops. The Boston guy had been wounded and unable to kill himself and had to face the indignity of trial. He decided there was only one way to be sure and he took no chances on being late.  

I heard an interview with a Vegas police official and his explanation of the slow entry to the room was that the shooting had stopped, the door was bullet-riddled, and there were wires leading to a service cart. I'd approach cautiously too.

I'm just wondering about other strange aspects of the story.

The original story was that the security guard was responding to the shooting and was shot.

The new story was that he was responding to a door alarm, heard drilling and investigated, and was shot through the door in his leg. He apparently immediately radioed for help.

6 minutes later, the guy started shooting the crowd. Minutes after that, someone finally called the cops.

The police tried to treat the guard being shot prior to the assault on the crowd as a minor update to the timeline. That's weird. Reporters were not buying it.

The hotel won't say when their security people decided to call the cops. That's weird too. A good answer would be: "seconds after he called and said he had been shot and someone put a couple hundred rounds through a door."

That's not a minor update. This security guard is alive and apparently is going to talk to Hannity. It took how many days to update the timeline to reflect him being shot prior to, not during, the assault on the crowd? That's weird too.

Honestly, I'm thinking I might have to go to Alex Jones for the truth on this.

36 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I heard an interview with a Vegas police official and his explanation of the slow entry to the room was that the shooting had stopped, the door was bullet-riddled, and there were wires leading to a service cart. I'd approach cautiously too.

The original story was that the security guard was responding to the shooting and was shot.

The new story was that he was responding to a door alarm, heard drilling and investigated, and was shot through the door in his leg. He apparently immediately radioed for help.

6 minutes later, the guy started shooting the crowd. Minutes after that, someone finally called the cops.

The police tried to treat the guard being shot prior to the assault on the crowd as a minor update to the timeline. That's weird. Reporters were not buying it.

The hotel won't say when their security people decided to call the cops. That's weird too. A good answer would be: "seconds after he called and said he had been shot and someone put a couple hundred rounds through a door."

That's not a minor update. This security guard is alive and apparently is going to talk to Hannity. It took how many days to update the timeline to reflect him being shot prior to, not during, the assault on the crowd? That's weird too.

Sure there were.  Just like they heard a car "backfire" and opened fire on an unarmed suspect.  BS

1 hour ago, kmacdonald said:

Sure there were.  Just like they heard a car "backfire" and opened fire on an unarmed suspect.  BS

Well since you were obviously there, how come you didn't do anything? You obviously learnt how to shoot back when your old man had a farm, E-I-E-I-O

3 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Well since you were obviously there, how come you didn't do anything? You obviously learnt how to shoot back when your old man had a farm, E-I-E-I-O

You're trying too hard.

1 minute ago, kmacdonald said:

You're trying too hard.

No you are.

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

Totally off topic, but could someone please explain the latest avatar game?

Que? What avatar game?

Just now, Shortforbob said:

Totally off topic, but could someone please explain the latest avatar game?

I just thought it was the upgrade doing it. Like no avatar and it uses the first letter of their name. The colors are linked to the posters personality apparently as Ronald K Macdonald's is a dull Beige, Chums is pink and Toms is the color a gun nuts face goes when they see someone from the Gov'ment coming down their driveway.

On 10/11/2017 at 10:59 AM, LB 15 said:

Soft, blunt object. It would be like trying to beat someone to death with a bean bag.

6 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Soft, blunt object. It would be like trying to beat someone to death with a bean bag.

"Nibbled to death by ducks" comes to mind.

5 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Be sure to let BJ know, he's a big Hannity fan

9 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I LOVE THIS POST ^^^. The start of something big for Tom.

Let's take a situation where a disgruntled, entitled, wealthy white guy shoots up a fucking stadium crowd with a machine gun, and develop a conspiracy theory about a heinous active shooter situation. YCMTSU.

On 10/9/2017 at 12:28 PM, Shootist Jeff said:

Fail.  Its not word games.  We need to understand the root cause as to why he wanted to kill people.  THAT Is the root cause. 

• The truck attacker in Nice, FRA killed 86 with a fucking truck in less time than the nutjob in LV killed 58.   The TRUCK was not the root cause of why that attack happened.
  • The 9/11 attackers killed 3000+ with airplanes.  Boeing 767s were not the root cause of why that attack happened.
  • Knife attackers in China killed 35 in a train station with knives.  Knives were not the root cause of why that attack happened.
  • A homemade bomb killed 168 people in the blink of an eye in OKC.  The bomb nor the Ryder truck used to transport the bomb was the root cause of the attack.

In ALL of those cases above - we hold the individual(s) responsible for the attack and seek to understand their motives to understand the root FUCKING causes.  Yet when someone picks up a gun and does the same - we suddenly lose our minds and blame the tool.  

You know this!  Don't be such a fucking cunt.  You're acting all Randumb and shit.

By this logic, nitroglycerin, TNT and 50 caliber machine guns should be sold at WalM*rt. 

Logic? We don't need no stinking logic - possible Jeff quote.

18 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

What's also interesting is how he assembled this massive arsenal without drawing the attention of DHS?? Are our gun laws too lax? I suppose I will have to go to Rachel Maddcow for the truth on this. 

They'll have full details on the calibers he was missing and the optimum ammo for each as well as the full details of all appropriate accessories.

7 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

They'll have full details on the calibers he was missing and the optimum ammo for each as well as the full details of all appropriate accessories.

And whether you should wear Mossy Oak or Desert camo to shoot from a building, or if it's better to be dressed as a Barcalounger.

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

You're a self described  "really good shot" Sloop, what would you use at that range if you were target shooting?

6 minutes ago, Bloody Chum said:

You're a self described  "really good shot" Sloop, what would you use at that range if you were target shooting?

At that range, with that density, I'd go for RPG's or a tactical nuke.

8 minutes ago, Bloody Chum said:

I'm a self described "pretty good shot".

What range are we talking about? The one on Barnet highway or the one in PoCo?

8 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

At that range, with that density, I'd go for RPG's or a tactical nuke.

Well an RPG would be an interesting choice for mass murder Ish. A tac nuke is no joke, mark my words, wait for it.

4 minutes ago, Bloody Chum said:

You Canadians...yuk yuk. "At that range" means when shooting at that distance what would be your choice of weapon/caliber?

What distance was it? I generally prefer small caliber weapons.

From the hotel to the venue Sloop, don't be coy.

I'm not - I don't know how far it was.

No idea really - I've never shot that distance.

I'd imagine something like a .223 with a nice scope would do it.

Actually the iron sights on the AR 15 are functional out to 500 meters or more, depending on the rifle/sights/ammo. 

What distance do you normally shoot at Sloop?

4 minutes ago, Bloody Chum said:

What distance do you normally shoot at Sloop?

Sloop is in Canada where they engage you in conversation and kill you with boredom.  

4 hours ago, Bloody Chum said:

Sloop knows where I'm going with this...he doesn't want to go there...

Actually, you are killing me with boredom.

Last word.

5 hours ago, Bloody Chum said:

Sloop knows where I'm going with this...he doesn't want to go there...

I think the issue is that you haven't shot your load recently.

15 hours ago, Mark K said:

What's also interesting is how he assembled this massive arsenal without drawing the attention of DHS?? Are our gun laws too lax? I suppose I will have to go to Rachel Maddcow for the truth on this. 

I don't think buying guns legally in stores and going through the required background check is all that interesting. What's interesting about it? Do you think there should be some maximum number of guns a person has the right is permitted to own?

2 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I don't think buying guns legally in stores and going through the required background check is all that interesting. What's interesting about it? Do you think there should be some maximum number of guns a person has the right is permitted to own?

Acquiring a dozen functioning machine guns is interesting. Koresh was  also interesting in that way.  This guy raised no flags, and you claim it as the new normal?

FAIL.

What's interesting about it?