Sign in to follow this  
DA-WOODY

Humane options to Kill Raccoons "in a City"

Live trapping works BUT illegal to re-locate

So then What !!

Drowning = Quiet, effective But BAD KARMA for those who go to Sea

Shooting = Quick is the Only plus w a long list of negatives

Leave Koon in trap - in trashcan on trash day = Not cost effective

Build a Death Trap with a trigger that can be actavated When Koon is in position ?

4 Huge MoFoz and 1 little punk make rounds nightly one direction and about 5:30am heading back

They pass 2 points Every time / each way

It Is OK to Kill them

Not interested in a Dumb Bear Trap that would harm other than the Targets

They are 80% predictable 

A wired remote would be best as I dont want to go MMA with the others not killed at the moment

????

Spear Gun set in place w a backstop and short metal teather

Don't want the Fucker jumping and Screaming and Waking the treehumpers

So what else yoi got ???

I do have a Big Neon Sign Transformer, No Really Big

But I dont want the Fucker catching on Fire and running from house to house

Delama Extroidanare :-(

Fiesta Island to watch a Sun Set

At Low tide

Check back next low tide

Naw the Karma thing again.

Maybe i could get all 5 in a Big trashcan

And drop off at a homeless shelter where they could dir of Hep-A

Couldn't do that to Mexico 

Anyone on here make Hats

Or Stew

Oh wait ... a Haunted House might be a good place to cut loose

Or the picnic area next to SAYC

Toss a raw roast in the road, wait 12 hours. Collect the dead coon bodies from the middle of the street. 

A friend finds that covering the trap with a plastic bag and using auto exhaust works very quickly.  He has never seen the animals have a problem.

2 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Doesnt solve the only problem

I wouldnt mind prepairig one and using it as Bait for the next

Those Fuckers are Not to be Played with

35 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Screw the legal.........live trap and relocate...  LaJolla   :-)

in texas that will get a hefty fine..  can't even trap squirrels or rats and relocate..   trap and call animal control

3 minutes ago, Rum Runner said:

A friend finds that covering the trap with a plastic bag and using auto exhaust works very quickly.  He has never seen the animals have a problem.

Hmmmmmmm

Doner trashcan to fit Big trap with hose from exaust fitted

Should leave them Warm and Sleepy

So far that sound like best practice 

Wish I had a Loud StrightPiped Harley

1 minute ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

in texas that will get a hefty fine..  can't even trap squirrels or rats and relocate..   trap and call animal control

I'd ignore that silly law....I've trapped and relocated feral cats and raccoons from my property in Florida...very easy....guilt free

5 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

They don't want em

If you catch em YOU must kill it

2 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

They don't want em

If you catch em YOU must kill it

I'd ignore that silly law too.....too many laws and not enough common sense

Hire an exterminator. They'll trap them, and humanely euthanize them with gas.

3 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

How are the coons disturbing your life ?

They're very destructive. Tear up roofs, rip insulation out of crawl spaces, and walls, tear up garbage cans and don't clean up after themselves. They kill chickens for sport, an woe the inexperienced dog who thinks they might be fun to play with.

Just now, Mrleft8 said:

They're very destructive. Tear up roofs, rip insulation out of crawl spaces, and walls, tear up garbage cans and don't clean up after themselves. They kill chickens for sport, an woe the inexperienced dog who thinks they might be fun to play with.

yeah I know all that I was just wondering what his situation is like....

3 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Hire an exterminator. They'll trap them, and humanely euthanize them with gas.

I could pour gas on them myself

But the trashcan w Auto exhausts air freshener might be best

What would a chunk of Dry Ice do in an enclosed area ??

But could I :-O

I could bring the bunch to a LA area  R, Booth ShootEmUp :-O

And set them Free

@ 200 yardz :-)

6 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

I could pour gas on them myself

But the trashcan w Auto exhausts air freshener might be best

What would a chunk of Dry Ice do in an enclosed area ??

But could I :-O

auto exhaust would be the most human....if you don't mind doing it....do you have a trap ?....they are not expensive as I recall...25-50 dollars

http://www.havahart.com/large-1-door-animal-trap

15 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

https://goo.gl/images/7VUyp9

$100 for a comfortable one Big enough for mature  DAGO Fuckers

Hay SDSU Homecomming is in a couple weeks

They play Scots  AlmaMater Fresno State

I could spray them like Fresno uniforms and they can run around the stadium

Might be OK to just take them to a football game and back home (if they dont escape :-) )

26 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

The dog on the left in my avatar, may she RIP, loved having fun with coons. She would break their necks and parade around the yard with them. She was nice to humans, but for coons she was death on 4 legs. She was so fast she never ever got a scratch from one.

16 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

$100 for a comfortable one Big enough for mature  DAGO Fuckers

Hay SDSU Homecomming is in a couple weeks

They play Scots  AlmaMater Fresno State

I could spray them like Fresno uniforms and they can run around the stadium

Might be OK to just take them to a football game and back home (if they dont escape :-) )

Don't really need the large trap even for a fat coon.....I got mine to get rid of feral cats fed by a neighborhood cat lady that fed them but they preferred to live and breed under my house....first 5 nights 5 cats... catch road trip and release....then started to get mixed results with coons and opossum's....those I just set free in my yard as they were never a problem...been here 35 years coon never cause any real issues

37 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

yeah I know all that I was just wondering what his situation is like....

Everything else / Avacado Trees & Fish Pond

14 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Don't really need the large trap even for a fat coon.....I got mine to get rid of feral cats fed by a neighborhood cat lady that fed them but they preferred to live and breed under my house....first 5 nights 5 cats... catch road trip and release....then started to get mixed results with coons and opossum's....those I just set free in my yard as they were never a problem...been here 35 years coon never cause any real issues

Address for shipping  ??

6 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

Everything else / Avacado Trees & Fish Pond

lol.....easier to get rid of the tree and fish pond.....Caddyshack

39 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

lol.....easier to get rid of the tree and fish pond.....Caddyshack

6 Really Big trees that pump out the Avocados 

Using only ground water even in worst of drought 

Trees have been all messed up the last few years

With fruit at all stages on different parts of the tree

Go to the county shelter, get a few catch-em-alive traps; set them, catch the little bastards, take them to the county shelter drop them off with a 6 pack of cold beer and the problem solved.  Be sure to put down some plastic when transporting them in you car.. unlsess of course you want racoon piss all over the place

We had an issue here and our retired neighbor handled it... took about 30 minuted to catch him,  big nasty phucker too, weighed in at 18 lbs

Harvest the fruit or get rid of the tree? Aromatherapy? They hunt by smell. Electric fence, run wire into tree and around pond. Zap, done.

Many ways to get rid of them, make them hate coming to your location.

We had problems with coons coming in the cat door and getting into the catfood. I had a real battle one nights when I stepped into the kitchen and cut off the escape route to the cat door. That coon was ready to rip out my throat if I hadn't had a machete in hand. I took a couple of flat sided swings at him (Planass http://wiwords.com/word/planass) and he jumped up into the kitchen sink where he could duck and avoid my love taps. I changed to more of a jab motion and he jumped up on top of the refrigerator then. Funny thing was that we keep half empty potato and bread bags and beer can coolers up there and he couldn't get a grip and it was like something out of a cartoon. Once he had taken the high ground I felt even more threatened and the damned cat was getting into the fight and if I wounded him with the machete I would be less welcome than the coon in the house. I let the guy bail but he was even more emboldened afterwards. My GF put the tupperware with the cat food into the clothes washer with the lid closed in the pantry just off the kitchen. She heard some funny sounds and got up a few nights later and there was no sign of the critter in the kitchen but when she opened the closet door to the washing machine, there was our clever coon at the bottom of the washer drum snacking away on the cat food! She screamed and he split just as I got there and I would have simply closed the machine door and put it on a pre-rinse cycle but that ship had sailed. There was a thread at the time here on SA about some sort of possum in Australia getting into peoples avocados (Woody was part of that thread too) and the solution from Down Under seemed to be Dingo Dog Urine which is even sold as a deterrent! I started peeing off the porch rails on either side of the two stairs up to our house and it wasn't long until the possums and coons and even foxes left us and the cats along. Had a couple close calls with some mangy coyotes coming after the cats but our next door neighbor with a sub sonic 22 took care of that. He was a hobbiest taxidermist and said that the half breed coyotes weren't worth the trouble. Woody, I'll sell you some LA (Lower Alabama) Dingo Dude urine for a good price if that would help.

Image result for dingo dog meme

Image result for dingo dog urine

I have had other issues with Koons

Its now down to best way to PUT them DOWN

Quietly and Humanly 

27 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

We had problems with coons coming in the cat door and getting into the catfood. I had a real battle one nights when I stepped into the kitchen and cut off the escape route to the cat door. That coon was ready to rip out my throat if I hadn't had a machete in hand. I took a couple of flat sided swings at him (Planass http://wiwords.com/word/planass) and he jumped up into the kitchen sink where he could duck and avoid my love taps. I changed to more of a jab motion and he jumped up on top of the refrigerator then. Funny thing was that we keep half empty potato and bread bags and beer can coolers up there and he couldn't get a grip and it was like something out of a cartoon. Once he had taken the high ground I felt even more threatened and the damned cat was getting into the fight and if I wounded him with the machete I would be less welcome than the coon in the house. I let the guy bail but he was even more emboldened afterwards. My GF put the tupperware with the cat food into the clothes washer with the lid closed in the pantry just off the kitchen. She heard some funny sounds and got up a few nights later and there was no sign of the critter in the kitchen but when she opened the closet door to the washing machine, there was our clever coon at the bottom of the washer drum snacking away on the cat food! She screamed and he split just as I got there and I would have simply closed the machine door and put it on a pre-rinse cycle but that ship had sailed. There was a thread at the time here on SA about some sort of possum in Australia getting into peoples avocados (Woody was part of that thread too) and the solution from Down Under seemed to be Dingo Dog Urine which is even sold as a deterrent! I started peeing off the porch rails on either side of the two stairs up to our house and it wasn't long until the possums and coons and even foxes left us and the cats along. Had a couple close calls with some mangy coyotes coming after the cats but our next door neighbor with a sub sonic 22 took care of that. He was a hobbiest taxidermist and said that the half breed coyotes weren't worth the trouble. Woody, I'll sell you some LA (Lower Alabama) Dingo Dude urine for a good price if that would help.

Image result for dingo dog meme

Image result for dingo dog urine

LOL ....great tale !......coons are smart and follow established trails/paths...Mating season for raccoons falls generally anytime between January and June. Most females begin reproducing around the age of one. The female has a 65-day gestation period and gives birth to two to five kits, usually in the spring......unless you live in a location without winters...gotta take out the leader/breeder coons....410 shotgun....then trap the followers...as soon as the local clan is eliminated your troubles will subside ....your address is prime SD coon real estate

As a Kid I never saw one, now i see them splatered on the streets

I have raced a couple Kools to the side of the road on me truck

But they made it

I couldnt actually run one over

I have a Big RibEye stake to offer for tonights Koon Parade

Catch kill eat 

1 raccoon
1 qt. water
1 pt. vinegar
1 tbsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 oz. pickling spices
1 onion, diced
4 sm. potatoes
4 sm. carrots
1 recipe baking powder biscuits

Cut prepared raccoon in serving pieces. Mix water, vinegar, seasonings, sugar and spices together. Put raccoon pieces in this brine for 8 hours or more. Drain, put in stewing kettle and cover with water. Cook until meat is tender. Add onion, potatoes, and carrots. When all ingredients are tender, remove from broth. Thicken liquid with browned flour and butter and season to taste. Place meat and vegetables in a dish and cover with gravy. Cover the top with your own recipe for baking powder biscuits, with a little extra shortening in dough. Cut vent in dough. Bake at 450 degrees until brown, about 12-15 minutes. Serves 8.

1 hour ago, SailBlueH2O said:

LOL ....great tale !......coons are smart and follow established trails/paths...Mating season for raccoons falls generally anytime between January and June. Most females begin reproducing around the age of one. The female has a 65-day gestation period and gives birth to two to five kits, usually in the spring......unless you live in a location without winters...gotta take out the leader/breeder coons....410 shotgun....then trap the followers...as soon as the local clan is eliminated your troubles will subside ....your address is prime SD coon real estate

An oldie but goodie from the Best of Craig's list every time Woody brings up the racoon issue

PIT BULL Vs. RACCOON

All my life I've pondered what would happen if you caged a raccoon, threw him in a ring with a pit bull and had them fight to the death. No, I'm not going to start a thread about how my animal abusive uncle pulled off such a feat (because he would), but this morning at about 3 am I was fortunate enough to witness about 30 seconds worth of this dream match-up and it didn't disappoint!

I'm sound asleep early this morning when I'm suddenly awakened by the intensity of a fierce street fight between 3 cats...fuckin' battle royal WWF style, and everybody knows what a cat fight sounds like. The only reason this cat fight peeked my interest was because usually cat fights last about 15-20 seconds before one cat realizes he's about to get his ass whupped and runs away like a little bitch. Not this fight. This was fuckin' Ali/ Frazier and after about 45 seconds of ferocity I knew I had to get some ringside seats because these cats were absolutely getting after it! I run to my front room window which looks down on the street and and it was beautiful!! The street light in front of my neighbors house shined right down on the fight like I was at Ceasars Palace. The only thing missing was a giant bong rip and a few half naked ring card girls....and beer. And hookers.....anway....

So I must have been watching this free for all for about 45 seconds when out of nowhere this big fuckin' raccoon comes rollin' up 5 deep out of the alley between my house and my neighbors' to the right. I mean he's got his posse in full effect. I dont know, they might have been his bitches, all I know is I saw him out of the corner of my eye and at first I thought it was a dog, thats how big this coon was. I see raccoons all the time but this bastard was abnormally big, he was like Deebo from the movie Friday without the introduction music. The intense whine of the cat fight must have attracted his attention, he probably was in some dumpster getting his eat on when he heard the commotion, turned to his hoes and was like, "You wanna go see me whup some ass?" So he rolls up with his entourage and within seconds this cat fight comes to an abrupt end. Game over. Thanks for coming. In the blink of an eye 2 of the cats are fuckin' ghost! They know better. They're like, "No need to stick around, thats the biggest motherfuckin' racoon I've ever seen, I'M OUT!!" Now the other cat, he didn't move. He must have paged the coons or some shit because you could tell they were boys. The minute he saw the calvary coming he probably looked at the other cats and was like, "Yeah, whats up now bitches? This is my block. West side. Recognize!" Throwing up alley cat gang signs n' shit. So I'm watching this and my adrenaline is just pumping, I love confrontation especially between animals. I'm a little disappointed that this raccoon showed up because he broke up a really entertaining cat fight but just when I was about to climax all over myself things got really interesting...

My neighbors to the left own a pitbull named Davis and by no means is Davis one of those "trained to kill" style ghetto pitbulls, he's actually a sweetheart but he is a pitbull and he can get down. Davis is the kind of dog that is cool with humans but will not hesitate to obliterate any cat he can run down. Occasionally he gets under the fence which doesnt bother me at all but at times has the other neighbors terrofied. Sure enough Davis also heard the catfight and wanted to get a live glimpse himself, he just didn't know he was about to come face to face with a 105+ pound coon. So the minute I see Davis I let out with a "HOLY SHIT!!!" and once again my adrenaline is flaring like a pack of hemorroids because I knew this had the potential to be fuckin' awesome! With that my roommate comes bolting out of his room half asleep thinking somebody was breaking into his piece of shit car, it's black as pitch in our house and dude just runs head on into the hall way corridor. Fuckin' WHAM!!. He goes to turn on the lights in the living room and I'm like, "No, you're going to scare them away," he still has no idea whats going on and turns his attention to what I'm watching and just flips out!! He's more pumped up than I am! You have to understand, my roommate and I are HUGE boxing fanatics who grew up together and were the type of guys who would have heated debates over who would win in a fight, John Rambo or Luke Skywalker. You know the types. King Kong or Godzilla? Mountain lion Vs. Black bear? So this was right up our alley.

The minute the raccoons see Davis four of them decide it was in their best interest to find the nearest escape route and head right back towards the alley. Not the big fella. This raccoon had balls of steel and even Davis was kinda lookin' at him like, "Yo nigga, don't you know who I am? Is your ass crazy or something? I'm a fuckin' pit bull son." However the only thing on this coons' mind was tearing shit up. So Davis is sizing up the situation and this raccoon goes right into a defensive attack position. It was about to be on and I'm not sure how it happened but within' moments my roommate and I are engaged in a heated debate over the outcome and automatically a 20 dollar bet was on the table. So he starts going off about Davis having "lock jaw" and once Davis establishes that advantage the fight would be over, Davis would tear him apart. I start telling him that it's not going to matter what kind of jaw Davis has because the second he gets close, that raccoon is going to use his razor sharp paws and carve him up something fierce. So we are going round and round like fuckin' Jim Lampley and Larry Merchant from HBO Sports and as always when my adrenaline starts and I get excited...I gotta take an enormous shit. I mean I'm straight up turtle heading. I cant hold it any longer.

Alright give me some room here....does anyone else get that or is it just me? I dont know why, but ever since I could remember anytime I feel any type of anxiety I automatically have to take a giant dump. It's the craziest thing. If I go to Blockbuster to rent a movie, within about 2 minutes I have to take a shit. Same thing if I go pick up a video game, it's like fuckin' clock work. When I''m about to light up a giant bong rip, I always run to the bathroom first. And sometimes there's no bathroom around so I have to go with the "heal plunge" where I bend over to pretend like I'm tying my shoe but all I'm really doing is ramming my heal up my ass to stop me from shitting all over myself. Speaking of video games, when I was 13 my little brother would bring over his chinese friend to play Nintendo and this kid was such a savage that he wouldn't even bother to press pause when he had to take a shit, he'd just drop a growler right there in his pants!! I mean come on, I know chinese kids love video games but there's a pause button for a reason. This kid was like, "no way" getting to level 9 in Mega Man was WAY more important than a trip to the bathroom. Little fella would just go caveman style right there in the living room.....

So anyway, I frantically sprint to the bathroom about to drop my garbage all over the floor and I'm on the toilet yelling at my roommate to give me "the play by play". I must have been on the shitter for like 12 seconds flat, if crapping was an Olympic sport I'd have just brought home the gold. I run back into the living room with a trail of toilet paper still lodged in my ass and as soon as I take my seat, my cock blocking neighbor comes flying out of her house screaming at her dog to come. Obviously with that the coon bolts, I'm bummed out of my mind, my roommate throws on the lights in the living room and dude is sporting a 3 inch gash right down his forehead. Apparently when he came running out of his room and took on the hallway corridor the guy split his fuckin' wig. He's got blood all over his shirt like he just went toe to toe with a god damn mountain lion.......

I got to get some sleep.

12 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Woodrow - their isn't any humane way to deal with this.  Trap 'em, take 'em outta town, shoot 'em w/a .22, and feed the buzzards. 

Pretty sure that's a No problems solution !!

3 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

Pretty sure that's a No problems solution !!

I have no problem with that solution....but why not release them in a natural setting ? what quadrant of the SD area do you live in...?...lol...I just thought of this...contact the local County animal "no kill"....spay or neuter program that "fixes" feral cats and ask them to do the same for the racoons in the back of your truck....if they hem and hawh...tell the tomorrow you'll show up with news crews filming the local university save the (whatever) chapter...Coons R Cute !  

I'm really liking the catch-em-live trap, giant garbage bag, and sizeable block of dry ice, myself.  Might even chill them down nicely for post festivities transport. . .

5 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

I have no problem with that solution....but why not release them in a natural setting ? what quadrant of the SD area do you live in...?...lol...I just thought of this...contact the local County animal "no kill"....spay or neuter program that "fixes" feral cats and ask them to do the same for the racoons in the back of your truck....if they hem and hawh...tell the tomorrow you'll show up with news crews filming the local university save the (whatever) chapter...Coons R Cute !  

not to worry

I'm intent to make sure they don't reproduce

not even beating off

they have value not yet realized

in the Food Chain !!

2 minutes ago, bplipschitz said:

I'm really liking the catch-em-live trap, giant garbage bag, and sizeable block of dry ice, myself.  Might even chill them down nicely for post festivities transport. . .

what do you think that would do and in how long ??

I have a Big ChillyBin the Biggest trap would fit in

BUT TrashBag 1st for sure !!

Does the DryIce give off less than oxygen ??

I think that would be really KOOL ;)

Woodrow,

Dry ice is carbon dioxide -- a simple asphyxiant.  They'll suffocate, as the CO2 displaces all the air from the bag.  Tie it loosely, so that the bag can vent a little as the CO2 vaporizes.

I had those MoFos going after my Charentaise melons this year -- sprayed all the melons that were left with my mixture of alcoholic extract of cayenne peppers + water + wee dram of dish soap.  I saw one set of teeth marks after that, and they haven't messed with them since.  Not a good solution for your Avo trees.

Good luck finding dry ice in this post 9/11 country.

Just now, Mrleft8 said:

Good luck finding dry ice in this post 9/11 country.

Shit, we can get it at the local frozen custard stand, so our treats don't melt on the way home. . .

Throw them in any convenient Santa Cruz 33 - that will kill them dead

Any of the lighter than air gasses will work humanely. When you are suffocating on one you have no sensation of suffocation. Nitrogen is easy to get. If you have a welder friend he can get you a small bottle. Cover the cage with plastic wrap and pump it full. It is just sleepy time for Mr Coon. He has no idea.

9 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

How are the coons disturbing your life ?

Well, how are they disturbing yours?

If you don't want it in your neighborhood, dumping it in mine is not a nice thing to do.

Trash bag plus car exhaust works well. Another option which I have used in cities is a .22 rifle and 22 short-shorts (used to be called "BB caps") which make a noise about like clapping your hands once. Put the barrel right against their head, don't miss and wound them.

If you're going to trap and dispose of animal pests, dispose of them humanely.

-DSK

22 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Well, how are they disturbing yours?

If you don't want it in your neighborhood, dumping it in mine is not a nice thing to do.

Trash bag plus car exhaust works well. Another option which I have used in cities is a .22 rifle and 22 short-shorts (used to be called "BB caps") which make a noise about like clapping your hands once. Put the barrel right against their head, don't miss and wound them.

If you're going to trap and dispose of animal pests, dispose of them humanely.

-DSK

I have never in 35 years living on a large mature lot in Florida along a river and near a bayou had a problem with coons....although I have seen many generations of them young... old... dead ...in the street....I've had no problem with them...I don't have garbage cans outdoors....so I just observe them...If I did I have problem with coons encroaching ...that would not last long and I'd not have to ask for tips on the internet....my coons are natural eating critters not city foragers 

49 minutes ago, madohe said:

Redbone Coonhound......'nuff said.

images.jpg

Coon hounds don't kill coons. They tree them for hunters.

If you want the dog to kill the raccoon reliably you need one of these little badasses. The Decker Terrier.  Tough as nails, fast as lightening, and absolutely fearless.

Decker.jpg

Leave the little fuckers alone. If they don't get food from you they move on. We live next to a pretty wild park and coons come through periodically - they are cute and cause little or no trouble. I like having them around because they are an early warning of cougars being in the area - if there are coons around and suddenly disappear there is likely a big cat around.

A bungee on your trash cans will keep them out - works fine for me.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Leave the little fuckers alone. If they don't get food from you they move on. We live next to a pretty wild park and coons come through periodically - they are cute and cause little or no trouble. I like having them around because they are an early warning of cougars being in the area - if there are coons around and suddenly disappear there is likely a big cat around.

A bungee on your trash cans will keep them out - works fine for me.

WTF ??????????

I personally (if you didn't know by now) quire enjoy Cougars

a bungee on a Bunch of Avocado trees or a fish pond looks kinda Gay and does Nothing otherwise

I have not heard them Fucking Off on me Roof yet again tonight (still too early)

bit I can almost hear a Tick - Tick - Tick - Tick - Tick - Tick - Tick - Tick - Tick - Tick - Tick - Ticking from what smells like a wrecked Tuna Boat

if this thread is gone by noon tomorrow Please accept a sincere Thank You for all the help :huh:^_^<_<;):)

12 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

The dog on the left in my avatar, may she RIP, loved having fun with coons. She would break their necks and parade around the yard with them. She was nice to humans, but for coons she was death on 4 legs. She was so fast she never ever got a scratch from one.

Ditto with our coonhound, she murders the trash pandas as a hobby. They're a lot easier for her to catch than the bunnies.

What kind of dog was your beloved?

they get under the pontoon boat tarps and shred the life jackets and cushions to make a nest.  Oh well.   But they also leave muddy footprints all over my cockpit.   Such things cannot be tolerated.   

They got in the dinghy and gave me hours of fun cleaning pool noodle confetti from between the hull and cockpit.

They got in the attic and between the walls, forcing me to violate the Geneva convention,

Kill them all.    

But beware, their roundworm can cause brain damage.    https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/baylisascaris/index.html

15 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

Unless the food and water play pen are removed from the equation your efforts no matter how many you trap and kill will only slow the encounters....good luck 

8 hours ago, mikewof said:

Ditto with our coonhound, she murders the trash pandas as a hobby. They're a lot easier for her to catch than the bunnies.

What kind of dog was your beloved?

She was half German Sheppard and half Schipperke. She was death to all rabbits in our yard as well as coons and possums. She caught one possum and threw it up in the air. It landed on its back, stuck its legs straight up, and had its tongue hanging out while trying to hold still. It was an Oscar-winning performance of playing a dead animal and I was ROLFLMA while sending the dogs inside :lol:

* she hated the local cats that would get into her doghouse at night. She would wake us up at 0300 and go flying out there and chase the cats around the yard. She also hid under the bed and flew out to land on top of our cat when she walked by, which the cat hated for some reason :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

I have never in 35 years living on a large mature lot in Florida along a river and near a bayou had a problem with coons....although I have seen many generations of them young... old... dead ...in the street....I've had no problem with them...I don't have garbage cans outdoors....so I just observe them...If I did I have problem with coons encroaching ...that would not last long and I'd not have to ask for tips on the internet....my coons are natural eating critters not city foragers 

If people from the suburbs and city started dumping trapped squirrels and possums and raccoons in your neighborhood, you might soon have a problem.

I was responding to your suggestion to dump them on somebody else, just trying to gently point out that it's not such a great idea.

-DSK

Just now, Steam Flyer said:

If people from the suburbs and city started dumping trapped squirrels and possums and raccoons in your neighborhood, you might soon have a problem.

I was responding to your suggestion to dump them on somebody else, just trying to gently point out that it's not such a great idea.

-DSK

I didn't mean to dump them on some else's property,if I did it was in jest, I mentioned several times road tripping them and releasing in the wild....not in residential 

22 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

I'd ignore that silly law....I've trapped and relocated feral cats and raccoons from my property in Florida...very easy....guilt free

It's illegal (misdemeanor) in Texas to relocate raccoons, foxes, skunks, etc.  Trying to help control rabies transmission.

34 minutes ago, RedTuna said:

It's illegal (misdemeanor) in Texas to relocate raccoons, foxes, skunks, etc.  Trying to help control rabies transmission.

Is it legal to trap and suffocate on your own ? 

44 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Depends on the community. I can easily imagine that in some places, 'disposing' (euphemism for killing them, hopefully by humane method) of pests requires a professional license. Most places I've lived, it's OK to do your own so long as your neighbors don't complain, and you don't break any other laws. Of coure, it's always legal if nobody finds out....................

Saw an interesting mini-documentary on rabies- it's always been a terrible disease but apparently it jumped species sometime about 50 years back and became common in bats which of course can bite all kinds of other animals. Controlling the spread of rabies is an ongoing problem and transporting pest animals could make it owrse.

-DSK

any warm blooded animal can carry rabies....professional trapping would be ongoing and expensive ,my guess, personally my guilt free lawfully and morally would be either catch and release or catch and shoot in the head then "release"...I'd be very uncomfortable with the gassing option......not my problem thankfully

A few notes

Fucking Koons were country line dancing on my roof the night before I started this thread

All Fucking Night 

They must have been too full of avacados to move lastnight so All Quiet

Im Not Stupid nor Cruel

Well maybe on here to a few that are Stupid

I called Fish & Game and was ashured there is No Problem with what I have stated as my intentions

They are emailing to me all they have on the subject

Online the interweb says All Traps Mush have a number and you cant place withinn 150' of a residence 

I was assured that dealing with problem pests is Not what that all reFurs to.

I will share what they send me when I get it emailed

I was Not the 1st to inquire

2 Biggest concerns they have

You Must act HumanelyYou CanNot relocate

You Must Kill them Humanely and drowning is Listed as Not acceptable

All of Kalifornia has Same Regulations

Frisco and ite Elk are a diffrent planet so ???

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for contacting us. Here are the resources we've found for trapping raccoons.

https://californiaoutdoorsqas.com/2015/11/25/keeping-homes-inhospitable-to-nuisance-raccoons/

It does appear that your options are to trap and immediately release or euthanize, or hire a private trapper who has the same rights.

Thank you,

California Department of Fish and Wildlife South Coast – Region 5

3883 Ruffin Road

San Diego, CA 92123

So far I'm thinkin Dry Ice as it Is Easy to get and leaks away (keeps charging/filling the bag) till it's gone

rather than putting X amount into a bag and having it leak out

still open to suggestions

Letting the dry ice come into direct contact of the skin is extremely painful you will need to take steps to prevent this. 

2 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Yes.  Not sure that'd be my method to dispatch an animal. A pellet or .22LR to the brain would be more humane, IMO.  But that's not legal in my city.  I was ready to use a blade on a raccoon kit's throat once but the horrified faces of the neighborhood kids gave me pause.

And I once transported a bunch of dry ice in an ice chest in my truck.  Didn't notice that the plug had broken off.  Was kinda freaking out at my shortness of breath and light head until I realized what was going on.  I think that would be a horrible way for an animal to die.

26 minutes ago, RedTuna said:

Yes.  Not sure that'd be my method to dispatch an animal. A pellet or .22LR to the brain would be more humane, IMO.  But that's not legal in my city.  I was ready to use a blade on a raccoon kit's throat once but the horrified faces of the neighborhood kids gave me pause.

And I once transported a bunch of dry ice in an ice chest in my truck.  Didn't notice that the plug had broken off.  Was kinda freaking out at my shortness of breath and light head until I realized what was going on.  I think that would be a horrible way for an animal to die.

Well what's yer better plan ??

1 hour ago, DA-WOODY said:

A few notes

Fucking Koons were country line dancing on my roof the night before I started this thread

All Fucking Night 

They must have been too full of avacados to move lastnight so All Quiet

Im Not Stupid nor Cruel

Well maybe on here to a few that are Stupid

I called Fish & Game and was ashured there is No Problem with what I have stated as my intentions

They are emailing to me all they have on the subject

Online the interweb says All Traps Mush have a number and you cant place withinn 150' of a residence 

I was assured that dealing with problem pests is Not what that all reFurs to.

I will share what they send me when I get it emailed

I was Not the 1st to inquire

2 Biggest concerns they have

You Must act HumanelyYou CanNot relocate

You Must Kill them Humanely and drowning is Listed as Not acceptable

All of Kalifornia has Same Regulations

Frisco and ite Elk are a diffrent planet so ???

I think your neighbors are clowning you Da Woody....abalone shells and chicken wings thrown on your roof....keeps them out of their yards....

46 minutes ago, RedTuna said:

get an "exit bag": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag

a plastic bag around the trap and feed it helium or nitrogen which negates the panic of suffocation.

Take them for a sail... Put them in a little "life boat" and let them sail away.... If they die, it's their fault..

15 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

I think your neighbors are clowning you Da Woody....abalone shells and chicken wings thrown on your roof....keeps them out of their yards....

Avocado Trees ....... Hello !!

a neighbor has had Koons eating his pond fish and turtle feet, tails & heads

put treble-hooks in his Avocado trees 

was tormented for years (dude is a deer hunter)

he borrows a trap for a month

eventually tells me of his enjoyment taking revenge against a Koon

I was Pissed, got trap back after telling him they are Only doing their thing

And that he should Just Kill them Humanly or leave them alone

I can NOT tolerate anything like that happening - BAD KARMA Awaits them

Ahhh Da Woody...I just composed an OT 1969 sentimental San Diego  journey ..hit send only to find Da Woody don't accept messages...it's the thought that counts as they say

47 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Ahhh Da Woody...I just composed an OT 1969 sentimental San Diego  journey ..hit send only to find Da Woody don't accept messages...it's the thought that counts as they say

Did you clik off the Yes I am a Cougar & Yes I have Large Breasts respective boxes ??

Try again !!

11 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

Did you clik off the Yes I am a Cougar & Yes I have Large Breasts respective boxes ??

Try again !!

koon karma 

Get a couple of these:

71QYMhwCvvL._SX355_.jpg

And one of these:

61-Flp8I4dL._SL1500_.jpg

Set the trap, catch the little bastard, smack them on the noggin. Dispose at your leisure. 

Simple. I know how effective it is.