Sign in to follow this  
DA-WOODY

Humane options to Kill Raccoons "in a City"

On 10/5/2017 at 7:08 PM, Innocent Bystander said:

You have have an excellent point. 

You know, some times dyslexia stops me from reading snaggelize. 

9 hours ago, dyslexic dog said:

sucks to be a stuttering dyslexic

14 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

sucks to be a stuttering dyslexic

Worse to be a stuttering Quarterback with a goosey Center. . .

On 10/3/2017 at 0:55 PM, Rasputin22 said:

We had problems with coons coming in the cat door and getting into the catfood. I had a real battle one nights when I stepped into the kitchen and cut off the escape route to the cat door. That coon was ready to rip out my throat if I hadn't had a machete in hand.

So why did you have a machete in the kitchen?

15 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

So why did you have a machete in the kitchen?

I'm guessing to kill coons?

AND 

Actually the machete was there for the rabid foxes that have no fear of humans. One tried to jump up and snatch my GF's cat right out of here arms. I have seen them chase the cats right through the cat door. The size of the door slows them down a bit. Never had to chop one though. THe racoons are a much scarier adversary than the foxes though, even with the machete. No problems with any wild critters since I started my Dingo Dog routine.

On 10/3/2017 at 11:08 AM, DA-WOODY said:

I could pour gas on myself

This is the best solution.

Apparently you can turn a raccoon in to a dog. In theory you pour gasoline over the raccoon, and then toss a match at it. Supposedly the transformation is instant, and the raccoon goes "WOOF!"......

3 hours ago, TPG said:

Image result for monkey throwing shit.

StalkPuppet

Guess yer calling is to be a server

Koons are right in there with the Fucking Sucking chargers

Couple losses

Couple wins

No chance of making the post season

Once you catch the coon in your Hav-A-Heart trap, you lower the trap into a stream, pond or river to "wash" it.  Once the critter has been submerged for about five minutes, it is now "clean", and can be let go anywhere.   My uncle explained this to me after I freed a live woodchuck from one, not too far from is gardens.....

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

Once you catch the coon in your Hav-A-Heart trap, you lower the trap into a stream, pond or river to "wash" it.  Once the critter has been submerged for about five minutes, it is now "clean", and can be let go anywhere.   My uncle explained this to me after I freed a live woodchuck from one, not too far from is gardens.....

At my old house there was a 55 gal barrel of water sitting right next to the trap. Works great if skunk wanders in there, which happens a lot. Walk up to the closed end of the trap and do a quick drop in the barrel. Yes you do get a little oil slick on top of the water but that's immensely better than popping them in the bean with a .22 and dealing with the stench afterward. It lingers for months and months and months and...........

Dry Ice is Cool

Drowding anything more than a Rat is kinda bad karma for those who play in water

Image may contain: meme and text

Before you relocate or terminate them - you will need work raccoon camps sir. As many of your followers have pointed out, there is still profit in their skins.

himmler1.png?w=500&h=373

1 hour ago, Mike in Seattle said:

I have been displaying Heroic Restraint in this thread, thus fur far ,,

, maybe , if you just sit down with the 'coon for a cup of coffee, & get to know him a bit ,,,

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/12/07/25616220/forget-cat-cafes-its-all-about-raccoon-cafes-now

:rolleyes:

They seem to have caught a BAD KOLD and gone into hibernating mode,  :huh:

Mixed Feeling abound 

They can be charming little fuckers

When "they" want to be

We had some breeding under our house.  It is illegal in WA to do anything to them unless you are an exterminator with a permit.  They use coyote urine to scare them away also.  YOu might try that around your avocado trees and fish pond.  You can get the urine at most sports/hunting stores.  It might work at least while you are waiting to trap them.  Besides, if you trap them, it just makes your yard vacant for the next family to move in.

1 hour ago, soling2003 said:

We had some breeding under our house.  It is illegal in WA to do anything to them unless you are an exterminator with a permit.  They use coyote urine to scare them away also.  YOu might try that around your avocado trees and fish pond.  You can get the urine at most sports/hunting stores.  It might work at least while you are waiting to trap them.  Besides, if you trap them, it just makes your yard vacant for the next family to move in.

we'll leave the light on for their Elk

Image result for vacancy animated .gif

On 10/3/2017 at 4:03 PM, DA-WOODY said:

Live trapping works BUT illegal to re-locate

So then What !!

Drowning = Quiet, effective But BAD KARMA for those who go to Sea

Shooting = Quick is the Only plus w a long list of negatives

Leave Koon in trap - in trashcan on trash day = Not cost effective

Build a Death Trap with a trigger that can be actavated When Koon is in position ?

4 Huge MoFoz and 1 little punk make rounds nightly one direction and about 5:30am heading back

They pass 2 points Every time / each way

It Is OK to Kill them

Not interested in a Dumb Bear Trap that would harm other than the Targets

They are 80% predictable 

A wired remote would be best as I dont want to go MMA with the others not killed at the moment

????

Spear Gun set in place w a backstop and short metal teather

Don't want the Fucker jumping and Screaming and Waking the treehumpers

So what else yoi got ???

I do have a Big Neon Sign Transformer, No Really Big

But I dont want the Fucker catching on Fire and running from house to house

Delama Extroidanare :-(

Sterilize them ...prevent reproduction .

7 hours ago, slug zitski said:

Sterilize them ...prevent reproduction .

They aint reproducing nomo for sure

Sexy female raccoon robots to lure them into the best last raccoon sex of their lives.... Raccoon vagina with a 10,000V cattle prod g-spot.

35 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Sexy female raccoon robots to lure them into the best last raccoon sex of their lives.... Raccoon vagina with a 10,000V cattle prod g-spot.

They are not a problem after aCute respiratory deficiency resulting in there taking of a Long Dirt Nap :unsure:

Carbon and monoxide...... That old Detroit perfume. Wakes you up in the morning, lays you down by the afternoon........

18 hours ago, soling2003 said:

Harass them repeatedly and they will move out. Raccoons are intelligent rascals and those can be negotiated with. Airguns, such as the Gamo 1200 with .177 darts (accurate to about 60 feet and the critter will pluck them out and thereby destroy the evidence) are effective. 

Btw: They sometimes start ripping a yard apart digging for worms and cranefly larvae, usually in a fairly methodical way...as if a drunken Tiger Woods was practicing with a wedge on your lawn every night....but a fresh application of weed and feed usually makes that someone else's problem.

There is a book.... Written by a neighbor of my Godparents, which has caused me great conundrums in the dealing with the masked bandits.....

If you can find it, the book is called "Rascal", by Sterling North.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rascal_(book)

Well as of Monday in Kalifornia the KOLD GAS is Banned

BUT on the Other hand you can catchem and Smoke Pot with em till they ???????????

don't bother you as much

I guess now you need to build them a plywood catamaran and set them off to Hawaii 

should they not make it .................................... 

PDF |Add To My Favorites | Version:07/25/16 - Chaptered 07/07/16 - Enrolled 02/19/16 - Introduced  print page

AB-2505 Animals: euthanasia.(2015-2016)

SHARE THIS:share this bill in Facebookshare this bill in Twitter

BILL START

Assembly Bill No. 2505
CHAPTER 105

An act to amend Section 597u of the Penal Code, relating to animals.

[ Approved by Governor  July 25, 2016. Filed with Secretary of State  July 25, 2016. ]

LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL'S DIGEST

AB 2505, Quirk. Animals: euthanasia.
Existing law prohibits a person from killing an animal by using carbon monoxide gas or intracardiac injection of a euthanasia agent on a conscious animal, except as specified. With respect to the killing of a dog or cat, existing law prohibits a person from using a high-altitude decompression chamber or nitrogen gas. Under existing law, a violation of these provisions is a misdemeanor.
This bill would, with respect to the killing of a dog or cat, additionally prohibit a person from using carbon dioxide gas. By expanding the scope of an existing crime, the bill would impose a state-mandated local program.
The California Constitution requires the state to reimburse local agencies and school districts for certain costs mandated by the state. Statutory provisions establish procedures for making that reimbursement.
This bill would provide that no reimbursement is required by this act for a specified reason.

DIGEST KEY

Vote: majority   Appropriation: no   Fiscal Committee: yes   Local Program: yes  

BILL TEXT

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

SECTION 1.

Section 597u of the Penal Code is amended to read:

597u.
 (a) A person, peace officer, officer of a humane society, or officer of a pound or animal regulation department of a public agency shall not kill an animal by using either of the following methods:
(1) Carbon monoxide gas.
(2) Intracardiac injection of a euthanasia agent on a conscious animal, unless the animal is heavily sedated or anesthetized in a humane manner, or comatose, or unless, in light of all the relevant circumstances, the procedure is justifiable.
(b) With respect to the killing of a dog or cat, a person, peace officer, officer of a humane society, or officer of a pound or animal regulation department of a public agency shall not use any of the methods specified in subdivision (a) or any of the following methods:
(1) High-altitude decompression chamber.
(2) Nitrogen gas.
(3) Carbon dioxide gas.

SEC. 2.

No reimbursement is required by this act pursuant to Section 6 of Article XIII B of the California Constitution because the only costs that may be incurred by a local agency or school district will be incurred because this act creates a new crime or infraction, eliminates a crime or infraction, or changes the penalty for a crime or infraction, within the meaning of Section 17556 of the Government Code, or changes the definition of a crime within the meaning of Section 6 of Article XIII B of the California Constitution.

Bah !....rules like this are for tools....dead coons tell no tales...and take out the fools that wrote this reg 

Only thing Worse ..............  This in Snow :o

On 10/3/2017 at 10:46 AM, SailBlueH2O said:

I'd ignore that silly law....I've trapped and relocated feral cats and raccoons from my property in Florida...very easy....guilt free

The raccoons here reach through the side of my have a heart trap, set it off, and pull the bait out the side of the trap. Little fuckers. 

17 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

It was a while back :)

Related image

years ago i lived in a beach house in connecticut.., right on long island sound.

we had a raccoon that would occasionally get in garbage, and was generally a pest - but it only came out at night.

then it changed  - it came out during the day, and seemed to be acting weirdly. i was worried it might have rabies, so i called the town animal control.

the animal control guy came to my house, it was daytime.., the tide was out.., and the raccoon was wandering about on the large sandy area exposed by the low tide, looking for food. he agreed that it seemed to be acting weirdly, and said "i have to shoot it". the animal was maybe 50 yards out on the sand flat, and the guy started shooting a .22 rifle at the thing. I was pretty surprised - if you know the connecticut coast, you know it is pretty densely populated. anyway the guy was shooting away - missing every time. we could see the bullets hitting the sand, and the raccoon was oblivious. I asked if I could have a try.., and was shocked that he said yes. I killed the thing on my second shot. I have very little experience with guns and was never a good shot - so it was luck - but the animal control guy was pretty impressed. 

i was amazed that the town had a guy driving around with a gun.., who obviously had little knowledge of how to use one...

46 minutes ago, us7070 said:

years ago i lived in a beach house in connecticut.., right on long island sound.

we had a raccoon that would occasionally get in garbage, and was generally a pest - but it only came out at night.

then it changed  - it came out during the day, and seemed to be acting weirdly. i was worried it might have rabies, so i called the town animal control.

the animal control guy came to my house, it was daytime.., the tide was out.., and the raccoon was wandering about on the large sandy area exposed by the low tide, looking for food. he agreed that it seemed to be acting weirdly, and said "i have to shoot it". the animal was maybe 50 yards out on the sand flat, and the guy started shooting a .22 rifle at the thing. I was pretty surprised - if you know the connecticut coast, you know it is pretty densely populated. anyway the guy was shooting away - missing every time. we could see the bullets hitting the sand, and the raccoon was oblivious. I asked if I could have a try.., and was shocked that he said yes. I killed the thing on my second shot. I have very little experience with guns and was never a good shot - so it was luck - but the animal control guy was pretty impressed. 

i was amazed that the town had a guy driving around with a gun.., who obviously had little knowledge of how to use one...

shooting a 22 @ flat wet sand or water - 50 yards away if not from a clif above

is Not unlike throwing a flat rock in same direction

except the 22 "could" still kill someone 200+ yards away

I knew people who shot a coon in their pond w a 22 and it ran off

I think a coon needs a 45 to just fall over :-)

1 hour ago, DA-WOODY said:

shooting a 22 @ flat wet sand or water - 50 yards away if not from a clif above

is Not unlike throwing a flat rock in same direction

except the 22 "could" still kill someone 200+ yards away

I knew people who shot a coon in their pond w a 22 and it ran off

I think a coon needs a 45 to just fall over :-)

maybe it wasn't a .22...

like i said - i don't know much about guns. i can recognize a .22 cartridge.., but i never loaded the gun myself. it didn't feel bigger than a .22 when i shot it.

when i hit the raccoon, it got lifted off the ground and flew a bit.

Raccoon breaks into workshop and destroys 40 pieces of art

Lucinda Watts
14 December 2017
15:34 CET+01:00

Share this article

share-2-email.png share-2-twitter.png share-2-facebook.png
Raccoon breaks into workshop and destroys 40 pieces of art
Photo: DPA
Last Friday, an artist in Thüringen was shocked to discover that his workshop had been vandalised, not by a criminal but by a raccoon.

When artist Dieter M. Weidenbach (72) entered his workshop on Friday morning, he found his canvases and sculptures damaged and strewn around the place, along with tools and paint cans, reports the Thüringer Allgemeine (TA).

He initially suspected a break-in by an art thief or vandals, but the true culprit was a lot smaller and much furrier than expected.

“It looked like a battlefield”, Weidenbach, who comes from Oßmannstadt in Thüringen, told Bild.

As Weidenbach started cleaning up he found no sign of a break in or that anything had been stolen, but he soon caught the culprit red-handed (or rather red-pawed) at the scene of the crime.

The raccoon had taken refuge perched on one of the ceiling beams.

“He looked at me calmly with his cute eyes. He had a beautiful coat. But I was so angry" the 72-year-old told Bild, and who could blame him?

The raccoon had destroyed a glazed picture frame, several easels and dozens of canvases, as well as damaging a total of 40 works of art by the artist and several sculptures, leaving behind paw prints to link him to the crime.

According to Weidenbach the raccoon caused €3,000 worth of damage, but, since it's unlikely the raccoon will pay, the insurance company will have to foot the bill.

Even worse for the artist was that the raccoon had gotten a little too comfortable in his new surroundings and refused to budge.

"I tried to chase the intruder out with a wooden staff for two days!" complains Weidenbach, but his attempts were unsuccessful.

The artist eventually called the fire department who put him in touch with a hunter. But, lucky for the raccoon, it fled the house before the hunter arrived. "It was as if he had guessed that he could be in trouble" Weidenbach told the TA.

Given that there were missing ceiling tiles and insulation lying on the floor, the raccoon probably got inside through the walls.

Weidenbach doesn't think he's seen the last of the furry friends, saying, "I'll probably have to deal with more invasions."

Turnout did not disappoint at this year's 92nd annual Coon Feed,

https://www.jsonline.com/story/communities/lake-country/news/delafield/2018/01/30/delafields-92nd-annual-coon-feed-draws-more-than-300-people-raccoon-meal/1074407001/

Hearz yer SOLution. Voodrrow,

Michelle Flores-Herrero and her husband, Abram, love the raccoon meat so much that they take some home ... and make raccoon pizza

4 hours ago, Mike in Seattle said:

didn't see a shipping address

We should stsrt doing this next to the KlubHouse at SAYC

1 minute ago, nacradriver said:

Those Raccoons are welcome to bring their friendly Beaver over and I'll make Guacamole :wub:

resistance is futile

video of toronto racoon breaking into there new "racoon-proof organic waste bins

On 10/3/2017 at 10:03 AM, DA-WOODY said:

Live trapping works BUT illegal to re-locate

So then What !!

Drowning = Quiet, effective But BAD KARMA for those who go to Sea

Shooting = Quick is the Only plus w a long list of negatives

Leave Koon in trap - in trashcan on trash day = Not cost effective

Build a Death Trap with a trigger that can be actavated When Koon is in position ?

4 Huge MoFoz and 1 little punk make rounds nightly one direction and about 5:30am heading back

They pass 2 points Every time / each way

It Is OK to Kill them

Not interested in a Dumb Bear Trap that would harm other than the Targets

They are 80% predictable 

A wired remote would be best as I dont want to go MMA with the others not killed at the moment

????

Spear Gun set in place w a backstop and short metal teather

Don't want the Fucker jumping and Screaming and Waking the treehumpers

So what else yoi got ???

I do have a Big Neon Sign Transformer, No Really Big

But I dont want the Fucker catching on Fire and running from house to house

Delama Extroidanare :-(

WTF!

Why would you want to kill a raccoons you psychopath!

Most serial killers practice on animals first.

We have raccoons that I think actually cooperate with one another. This past week , we found our galvanized steel trash can about 20 feet from where it lives. The lid was still on as we use bungees (two) to secure lid but the can was completed inverted.  It was full and weighed about 20 lbs or so.  Tell me how a single raccoon or group not working together could manage this. 

Is it some form of accelerated evolution? Will we see in the next few years raccoons driving cars over garbage cans to get at the goodies inside? 

37 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

WTF!

Why would you want to kill a raccoons you psychopath!

Most serial killers practice on animals first.

:blink:

just trap and take away to a natural area

or drop them in somebody you don't like yard far way from your place

I trapped and rehome opossum's to the mangrove's down by the bay

23 minutes ago, nota said:

opossums are Kool

Dumb as it comes 

But they hold no grudges and mean to harm

But Fucking Raccoons are Fucking EVIL Monsters 

there is no Raccoon Lady (that I heard of) to take them in

Fuck them !!

if you haven't had to deal with them you have No idea of the Horror 

43 minutes ago, nota said:

Can we mail you ours? They keep coming back.

24 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

opossums are Kool

Dumb as it comes 

But they hold no grudges and mean to harm

But Fucking Raccoons are Fucking EVIL Monsters 

there is no Raccoon Lady (that I heard of) to take them in

Fuck them !!

if you haven't had to deal with them you have No idea of the Horror 

we have had an occasional stray coon in the yard but they leave quickly

opossums lived in the attic so were rehomed and attic sealed with wire mesh on the vents

Virginia key has herds of coons near the beach area common to see twenty or more begging there

kinda funny as that was the old BLACK BEACH in the seg days gone by now a semi nude beach

56 minutes ago, nota said:

we have had an occasional stray coon in the yard but they leave quickly

opossums lived in the attic so were rehomed and attic sealed with wire mesh on the vents

Virginia key has herds of coons near the beach area common to see twenty or more begging there

kinda funny as that was the old BLACK BEACH in the seg days gone by now a semi nude beach

nude beach congers up thoughts of Hot Babes "Going Wild" on Spring Break

rarely the case as more like Seal Beach for Over size/age woman and

SwordFight renactMENt for the rest

sounds like a Great place to relocate the Koons

HuffPostHero-d783f680fb974e80346bdfa145131d058e596e1d32f791981875aa481702c770.svg

ENVIRONMENT

That Viral Story About Raccoons 'Drunk' On Crab Apples Just Took A Very Sad Turn

At least one of the raccoons likely had distemper, a serious viral illness.
11/17/2018 05:26 PM ET
|
Updated 1 hour ago
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Police in Milton, West Virginia, have delivered some upsetting news about two oddly behaving raccoons that were originally thought to be drunk on fermented crab apples.

At least one of the raccoons actually appears to have had distemper, a highly contagious illness, and had to be euthanized.

The Milton Police Department explained what had happened in a detailed Facebook post on Thursday.

On Nov. 9, police trapped a raccoon suspected to be rabid, but they concluded the animal was likely just drunk on the fermented fruit due to “his proximity to the crabapple tree, his actions and appearance.”

One of the raccoons trapped by police in Milton, West Virginia, last week.

One of the raccoons trapped by police in Milton, West Virginia, last week.  (Milton (W.V.) Police Department)

The next day, police trapped a second raccoon reportedly acting strangely. Believing this one was also just drunk, they released it. Both raccoons were returned to the wild, and the department’s Facebook post about the supposedly “drunk” raccoons went massively viral.

But on Wednesday, when police received a report about a third raccoon falling out of a tree, they brought in a local wildlife rescue group, Point of View Farm. That group suggested that the animals may be suffering from distemper, a serious viral disease that can be transmitted to other animals, including dogs. (It does not pose a health a risk to humans, and dogs can be vaccinated against it.)

The police were then able to track down the second raccoon they’d trapped, and found it “continuously seizing” just 10 feet from where they’d released it. That raccoon and the third raccoon that fell from the tree were both euthanized.

Police did not locate the first raccoon they’d trapped, but the department wrote on Facebook that it hoped the animal “was in fact drunk on crabapples, has sobered up and is thriving in the wild as he should be.”

This has been updated.

27 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Please send the Fucking Bastards to me

you forgot to include yer address

3 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

You live in an apartment and feed squirrels, don't ya? 

Or, just a troll living in mom's basement.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:12 PM, DA-WOODY said:
On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:42 PM, Fakenews said:

Please send the Fucking Bastards to me

you forgot to include yer grandemas address

fixte                                      :)

20 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

:lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, nacradriver said:

Woody,

Were you in San Francisco this weekend?

ya obvously by the 2 posts above yours B)

IDIOTS

Sudda got Bit