Season starts tomorrow.

what I've been reading says the Penguins are favorites and if not them Tampa or Edmonton.  a few nods to the Preds and Anaheim but mostly Lightening and Oilers.  The Lightening can easily come out of the east, lot's of talent, goal to forwards.  The Oilers are a little longer shot, I think...yes McDavid and Draisaitl but definitely not as strong or deep on D and they are going to try to have Talbot play 60+ games. If the Leafs keep growing they can make a push and they should be hella fun to watch again.

TB v EDM in the cup. Wings will suck ass this year and get the FOA pick. Going to suck to be a wings fan oh well.

3 hours ago, Peacefrog said:

TB v EDM in the cup. Wings will suck ass this year and get the FOA pick. Going to suck to be a wings fan oh well.

So watch the Griffins and see what they will be like in a few years. They did just win the Calder. There are lots of players in the system. Need to get rid on the the bloated payroll and aged veterans. After that, lots of speed and grit from what I see. 

I love the Shark's D. Power on every corner. They're taking it far this year. And the Sen's Anderson is back in the game now that his wife is healthy, I like them too. Anyone interested in doing the beginning of season rank game? We haven't done that in a few years. End of season scoring, 1 point for each correct team in the top 4 of each division, 2 points for each correct placement. My picks ...

Atlantic: 1. Ottawa   2. Tampa  3. Boston  4. Montreal

Metropolitan: 1. Rangers  2. Pittsburgh  3. Columbus  4. Hurricanes

Pacific: 1. San Jose  2. Edmonton  3. Anaheim  4. Arizona

Central: 1. Nashville  2. Jets  3. Blues  4. Dallas

Atlantic: Tampa, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa

Metropolitan: Pittsburgh, Washington, Columbus, Rangers

Central: Nashville, Minnesota, Chicago, Dallas

Pacific: Edmonton, Anaheim, San Jose, Calgary.

hat trick for McDavid in game 1...this kid is ______________.  His noted speed always seems deceptive, when it gets the puck at his blueline it always looks like the defenders have an angle on him... 1 second and two steps later, they don't.

went to sharks opener last night and oh boy...

well boys, we were all pretty fucking wrong.  edmonton, chicago, rangers, ottawa and montreal were all huge busts.  boston surprised the hell out of me. time for a playoff draft?

you just named five teams with Goaltender Collapse Syndrome.   No way to see it coming, and no cure.    How the Flyers have managed to limp through it is nothing short of amazing.

On the other side of that coin, Khudobin became a monster for the Bruins, probably stealing 10 games over the course of the season?  and taking a world of pressure off Rask in the process. That'll get any team to release the hounds on offense.

Goaltender Collapse Syndrome...good one.

Ottawa also suffered Total Team Mind Fuck Syndrome because of the Turris trade.  up until mid december they were a playoff team, then they traded Turris to get Duchene.  The knock on Turris has always been he is a second line centre. That is probably true and Duchene is probably a legit first line centre.  But Turris had been there #1 for several years and was a stand up team guy. oh and you need BOTH a #1 and a #2 to be successful!  so they added a #1, deleted the guy who had been their #1 and is a great #2 and kablooey...Total Team Mind Fuck Syndrome and a lottery pick at the draft.

Edmonton's Goaltender Collapse Syndrome was exacerbated by Can't Play Team Defense Syndrome, they left Talbot out to dry over and over.

1 hour ago, chester said:

Goaltender Collapse Syndrome...good one.

Ottawa also suffered Total Team Mind Fuck Syndrome because of the Turris trade.  up until mid december they were a playoff team, then they traded Turris to get Duchene.  The knock on Turris has always been he is a second line centre. That is probably true and Duchene is probably a legit first line centre.  But Turris had been there #1 for several years and was a stand up team guy. oh and you need BOTH a #1 and a #2 to be successful!  so they added a #1, deleted the guy who had been their #1 and is a great #2 and kablooey...Total Team Mind Fuck Syndrome and a lottery pick at the draft.

Edmonton's Goaltender Collapse Syndrome was exacerbated by Can't Play Team Defense Syndrome, they left Talbot out to dry over and over.

the edmonton issues lie squarely on tmac's shoulders...

call it as you see it...

west

sharks (6)

knights (6)

preds (5)

jets (7)

east

lightning (6)

puke-guins (7)

LEAFS BABY! (6)

caps (7)

bonus call:

sc winner - preds

alright.  hmm, my picks look like yours so i'll play with # of games

west

sharks (6)

knights (5)

preds (6)

jets (6)

east

lightning (6)

Penguin (5) fuck philly, i hate those fuckers

Leafs (7) probably not but let's hope

caps (5) year of the caps...finally?

Lord Stanley's Mug: The Pittsburgh Penguins..Dynasty! :o:lol: bring it on you haters!

Sharks (6)

Knights (6)

Preds (5)

Jets(7)

Lightning (6)

Penguins (7)

Bruins (7)

Caps (5)

west

sharks (6)

knights (7)

preds (5)

jets (7)

east

Bolts in 5

Pens in 6  (just threw up in my mouth, not just a little bit)

Bruins in 7

Caps in 5

San Jose in 6

Vegas in 5

Minnesota in 7

Preds in 5 (but what an upset that could be if my boys pulled it out)

Tampa in 6

Leafs in 4

Columbus upsets in 7 (undervalued playoff team)

Philly in 7 (wishful thinking)

edit ... screw it, Avs in 7, the Preds seem to have their patterns every years for the last decade, it can't last forever, even with the Preds taking the President's Cup.

East:

Tampa in 6

Washington in 7

Pittsburgh in 6

Leafs in 7 

West:

Nashville in 6

Winnipeg in 7

LA in 6

San Jose in 6

jdVE4mVsI66SF1nf0yL_-IgX63hd1dl28dUyKYAo

calling @mikewof ...

because someone has to keep track of this stuff

7 minutes ago, aA said:

calling @mikewof ...

because someone has to keep track of this stuff

I put in my picks, Avs for the wildly improbable upset.

1 minute ago, mikewof said:

I put in my picks, Avs for the wildly improbable upset.

copy that...the eyes aint working too well this morning

How did I miss this?? 

Too late to put in my picks, but the good news is that it looks like hockey is coming back to Seattle!

Geez, a 7-0 shut out is pretty ridiculous for a playoff game.

1 hour ago, Silverbullet said:

How did I miss this?? 

Too late to put in my picks, but the good news is that it looks like hockey is coming back to Seattle!

Give it a go anyway silver bullet, there's no Money at stake:-)

• Like 1

I went with my heart on two of these. Not worried about winning so much as watching good hockey. 

56 minutes ago, dyslexic dog said:

I went with my heart on two of these. Not worried about winning so much as watching good hockey. 

Absolutely. I think GLexpress once said that the Stanley cup was the best playoff tournament in sports. The current playoff format really front loads the tournament now with at least 4 real contenders out in round one.  Not sure if that's good or bad.

The Leafs are now flirting with getting stomped in game 1....uuhh boston  just scored...the leafs are getting curb stomped in game 1.

11 hours ago, chester said:

The Leafs are now flirting with getting stomped in game 1....uuhh boston  just scored...the leafs are getting curb stomped in game 1.

That was painful. 

I am not a fan of fighting in hockey, but I'd love to see Marchand get a good fucking tune up. I wouldn't like that guy even if he played on my team. Such an ass, on and off the ice.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NautiGirl said:

That was painful. 

I am not a fan of fighting in hockey, but I'd love to see Marchand get a good fucking tune up. I wouldn't like that guy even if he played on my team. Such an ass, on and off the ice.

unfortunately it was Naz who lost his shit not marchand.  if they suspend Kadri, the leaves are toast.  They will be forced to move Komorov up to cover bergeron, marchand and pasternak and Leo doesn't have the scoring chops Kadri does.  

2 minutes ago, chester said:

unfortunately it was Naz who lost his shit not marchand.  if they suspend Kadri, the leaves are toast.  They will be forced to move Komorov up to cover bergeron, marchand and pasternak and Leo doesn't have the scoring chops Kadri does.  

I'm referring to this bullshit

marchand-bisou.png

Ya, the Kadri hit was stupid and undisciplined, just one of the many stupid and undisciplined moves on the part of the Leafs last night. It will be interesting to see what the League hands him today.

2 minutes ago, NautiGirl said:

I'm referring to this bullshit

marchand-bisou.png

Ya, the Kadri hit was stupid and undisciplined, just one of the many stupid and undisciplined moves on the part of the Leafs last night. It will be interesting to see what the League hands him today.

ya i know...marchand is the king of the agitators.  the strategy for the leafs was to match up naz, marleau and marner hoping they could contain bergeron pasternak and marchand, match their scoring and if they frustrated them enough have MARCHAND cross the line. that would set the leaf power play loose.  but there is a reason marchand is the king, he gets away with elbowing marner in the face, naz loses his cool and marchand smiles his rat faced smile all the way to a game 1 blow out and probably the 2nd round.

I noticed Matt Cullen scoring for the Wild wednesday night...how is that guy now?  65?  what a great hockey player.

4 minutes ago, chester said:

ya i know...marchand is the king of the agitators.  the strategy for the leafs was to match up naz, marleau and marner hoping they could contain bergeron pasternak and marchand, match their scoring and if they frustrated them enough have MARCHAND cross the line. that would set the leaf power play loose.  but there is a reason marchand is the king, he gets away with elbowing marner in the face, naz loses his cool and marchand smiles his rat faced smile all the way to a game 1 blow out and probably the 2nd round.

I noticed Matt Cullen scoring for the Wild wednesday night...how is that guy now?  65?  what a great hockey player.

Easy now, Cullen is younger than i am! ;)

Crossing my fingers that if there is a suspension for Kadri that it's limited to Saturday's game, and come Monday, the Leafs are back at home so that might help a bit. I hope. lol

In the meantime, Go Winningpeg! 

3 hours ago, NautiGirl said:

That was painful. 

agreed he needs and has for a long time needed a strong tune up. agitating is one thing, but licking a guys face???

• Like 1

this made me lol about it though

8 minutes ago, aA said:

:lol: Nice find.

Someone needs to clock him right in the kisser the next time he pulls that stunt.

1 hour ago, aA said:

Asked about the … um … encounter with Komarov following the game, Marchand said this: “He keeps trying to get close to me. I don’t know if he has a thing for me or what. He’s cute.”

Love him or hate him, he is the best agitator in the business right now.  and to make matter worse/better he's a fucking elite offensive talent too.

Marchand is an absolute piece of shit.  But he is really good at being a piece of shit.

6 minutes ago, Tax Man said:

Marchand is an absolute piece of shit.  But he is really good at being a piece of shit.

Practice makes perfect, and he's been practicing his entire life. I know Boston fans who can't stand him and he's from here.

13 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Image result for norm crosby quotes

I always loved that joke.  it's right up there with: what do you get when you cross a biker with a jehovas witness?  some one who knocks on your door and tells YOU to fuck off :lol:

• Like 1

I was hoping that Philly would at least TRY to make a competitive go of this series, but now I read that Elliot is likely to start tonight.    Why bother?

Tonight seems like a good time to watch Jets-Wild.

Well, if my Leafs don't win tonight, that's it for them. I think I'll whip up a DnS and get ready for a stressful night.

well that was 'interesting'...in all my years of watching hockey i have never seen a more lazy veteran core combined with absolutely no shred of discipline or regard for your peers. i've played teams similar to that in tourney's and league play, but not nearly as idiotic and most definitely not at the caliber of an nhl veteran. watching anaheim last night was like watching that beer league team you've pasted for the last three seasons decide "if WE can't win, we'll find a way to make their win a suffer-able one"

the entire ducks org can eat a heaping bag o' d***s

I haven't watched any of that series but seeing the sharks put the boots to anaheim in the score sheets makes me happy...

The leafs finally showed up, eh?

Pasta picked a fine time to get snakebit.

I see Holtby is starting for the caps tonight.    I didn't think Grubauer was the problem there, but I suppose Trotz has to try something.   That team seems to be under the impression that the playoffs start next week.

5 hours ago, aA said:

well that was 'interesting'...in all my years of watching hockey i have never seen a more lazy veteran core combined with absolutely no shred of discipline or regard for your peers. i've played teams similar to that in tourney's and league play, but not nearly as idiotic and most definitely not at the caliber of an nhl veteran. watching anaheim last night was like watching that beer league team you've pasted for the last three seasons decide "if WE can't win, we'll find a way to make their win a suffer-able one"

the entire ducks org can eat a heaping bag o' d***s

https://dicksbymail.com/products/bag-of-dicks

Just in case you wanted to send them one...

20 minutes ago, Figment said:

The leafs finally showed up, eh?

Pasta picked a fine time to get snakebit.

I see Holtby is starting for the caps tonight.    I didn't think Grubauer was the problem there, but I suppose Trotz has to try something.   That team seems to be under the impression that the playoffs start next week.

The didn't even look like the same team. 

That Chara goal was something.

Chara seems to be good for one of those every year.

Last year it was a beauty vs the Habs, walked it right down mainstreet and top-shelf, Price just shaking his head.

17 minutes ago, NautiGirl said:

https://dicksbymail.com/products/bag-of-dicks

Just in case you wanted to send them one...

hahahaha, i begrudgingly admit to knowing about these. i highly doubt the tank would accept a package and deliver it to their locker room...

35 minutes ago, aA said:

hahahaha, i begrudgingly admit to knowing about these. i highly doubt the tank would accept a package and deliver it to their locker room...

As a straight cis woman who really likes gummy type candy, I kinda hope one day I piss someone off enough that they send me some of these. :lol:

Didn't stay up to watch the game, but nice job by the Golden Knights. I called that series way wrong.

I've got a sweet spot for Fleury going back to his Q days. So happy to see him wrap up the series with a shut out. :wub:

any day the queens get swept is a good day. here's to finishing the other slocal team tonight

trying to remember if there's ever been two teams to sweep in a round and then meet each other...anyone?

1 hour ago, aA said:

trying to remember if there's ever been two teams to sweep in a round and then meet each other...anyone?

not that i can remember but relying on memory isn't a winning strategy!

52 minutes ago, chester said:

not that i can remember but relying on memory isn't a winning strategy!

looks like i wasn't the only one wondering...

DbH07YcWAAAvcrk.jpg

Well, looks like that's it for the Leafs this year, short of a miracle in Boston. Fuck.

Andrew Hammond! Wow.

The pens/flyers finally play a game.  Neuvirth won that game for them.

I fucking love being wrong!! Ya, they blew a big lead, but it's back to TO on Monday!

10 hours ago, NautiGirl said:

I fucking love being wrong!! Ya, they blew a big lead, but it's back to TO on Monday!

Andersen could pull the miracle. That was a thing of beauty, last night. I watched the game with my old dad, he had the cheap Canadian Whiskey, I somehow took minuscule sips through half a bottle of Hennessy watching Andersen's magic. Does Khudobin start next game? He'll probably do okay, but the Leafs have a chance to tie it up I think.

And now a chance for my beloved Avs to tie it up against the Mighty Predators, the rest of that Hennessey gone by second period.

Naz, marner, Marlow all played great, Anderson incredible! Nylander and Mathews are missing in action...they need to be much better in game 6

Borrowed my brother-in-law's Matthews jersey and I'll be in the Six at the ACC for the game tomorrow. Happy, happy girl!

16 hours ago, chester said:

Awesome. Have fun and hope you bring the leads good luck.

I see what you did there ... 

s7_320860_imageset_01?wid=300&hei=230&op

:)

the penguins won, as they should have.  the flyers played great down the stretch and made the playoffs but they are missing some pieces.  their goaltending was exposed as was their D.  Oh and philly fans, letang clearly had a shot at and was going for the puck, your man tripped over his stick, get over it :P

• Like 1

On 4/22/2018 at 5:37 PM, NautiGirl said:

Borrowed my brother-in-law's Matthews jersey and I'll be in the Six at the ACC for the game tomorrow. Happy, happy girl!

now, didn't you have a great game too watch...... well done leafs!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Keith said:

now, didn't you have a great game too watch...... well done leafs!

In fairness, there was a bit of facepalming on my part. Some of those passes to nowhere could have totally changed the outcome.  But especially in light of the incident here yesterday, it was nice to come together with other fans.  Really grateful I could be here for this. Probably a once in a lifetime experience for me.  In a few hours, back to the 'Fax!

oh how i wish mike milbury would take the boston man jewels out of his mouth when broadcasting...it makes my freaking ears bleed

Have you not yet had the pleasure of Jack Edwards?  :D

Where was this version freddy andersen during the regular season when I had him on my fantasy roster?!!!  

• Like 1

tall order for the leafs to beat the Bruins 3 in a row.  they need andersen to be great, again and mathews to great, finally.

3 hours ago, chester said:

My Habs loving, Leafs hating friend insists tonight's game could go either way.  Being a lifelong Leafs fan, I've steeled myself for disappointment.  All I ask for is a good friggin' hockey game.

NG gets her wish so far. I guess professor Babcock knows best but he has the lines scrambled. Fuck, Bruins score!

OK round two, here we gooooooooo

Jake Gardiner cost them that game,ouch.

Pens in 7

Lightning in 6

Winnipeg in 7

Vegas in 6

What to say? The first two periods were exciting hockey. End score was a disaster.

The Leaf mantra is "there's always next year" but frankly, I had fun this year. 

Putting lots of hope on the Jets and the Pens

preds 6

sharks 7

crosbyshitbirds 6

lightning 7

9 hours ago, mikewof said:

Nashville in 5

San Jose in 7

Tampa in 6

Washington in 7

would you mind running a scores tally from round 1?

Maybe I'll do better this round:

Tampa Bay - 6

Pittsburgh - 7

Vegas - 6

Nashville - 7 (though it pains me to pick them over the Jets)

I know i should remain faithful to my bracket, but no.

Boston in 6

Caps in 7

Vegas in 6

Jets in 6.

3 hours ago, aA said:

would you mind running a scores tally from round 1?

I will, but the Crosbyshitbirds got me a little down, I keep braketeering with my heart, damn it.

Results from First Round

1. figment  47

2. hard aground  46

3. Chester  42

4. aA  40

5. NautiGirl  36

6. dyslexic dog  34

7. mikewof  23

Other than me shitting the bed with my upsets, this year was pretty accurate for most of us, betting chalk helped, San Jose was the only upset.

Caps in 7 (still can't vote for the penguins, even if it is National Penguin Day)

Tampa 6

Knights 7

Preds 5