Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Saro Scimitar Sunshine said:

I'm just watching the first race from last night. Looks like there's a foil tip missing for American Magic towards the end of the first beat. Any ideas ?

Capture d’écran 2020-12-18 à 10.36.48.png

Capture d’écran 2020-12-18 à 10.36.58.png

Its still there I think. Just less visible cos of the light bouncing off it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm watching todays races: did DB freeze & get saved from another capsize?

Goodison on windward stern leaps forward, grabs the wheel & gives it a spin to round up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, hoom said:

So I'm watching todays races: did DB freeze & get saved from another capsize?

Goodison on windward stern leaps forward, grabs the wheel & gives it a spin to round up.

Doesn’t Goodson take the wheels during tacks and gybes... did he forget his role in the heat of battle?

I watched it, didn’t notice DB freezing but I wasn’t that invested in the result

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rushman said:

Doesn’t Goodson take the wheels during tacks and gybes... did he forget his role in the heat of battle?

No idea, could be.

He was looking down/messing with controller as they turned then suddenly leaps into action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, hoom said:

No idea, could be.

He was looking down/messing with controller as they turned then suddenly leaps into action.

Goodison said in the pres conference that the 'foil up' button didn't work, but they have a back up button which he or someone else was able to get to. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, explenture said:

Where is Terry on the boat?  With the grinders?  Don't hear much from him?

He wasn’t on the boat for race 1 not sure if he got on for race 2 but I don’t think he was. 

WetHog  :ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WetHog said:

He wasn’t on the boat for race 1 not sure if he got on for race 2 but I don’t think he was. 

WetHog  :ph34r:

I didn't hear Terry at all, so I don't think that he was on the boat for race 2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll be interesting to see how much performance data AM has given away so far. They look and sound like they're racing hard. Dean does anyway. Anyone would think that guy was racing the AC match right now. 

Maybe he/ they may have let the cat out of the bag early? LR looks like they're just going through the motions of racing. Not much urgency right now. AM is the opposite. Lots of urgency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Forourselves said:

It'll be interesting to see how much performance data AM has given away so far. They look and sound like they're racing hard. Dean does anyway. Anyone would think that guy was racing the AC match right now. 

Maybe he/ they may have let the cat out of the bag early? 

Nah, both he and Hutch are too smart for that surely?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, explenture said:

Where is Terry on the boat?  With the grinders?  Don't hear much from him?

 

3 hours ago, Ripclaw said:

I didn't hear Terry at all, so I don't think that he was on the boat for race 2.

Wasnt it Terry saying "reset" during the incident? The calm parental voice, like Ashby and the "listen to my comms" comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Nah, both he and Hutch are too smart for that surely?

I guess we’ll see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Forourselves said:

I guess we’ll see. 

I'm still picking them as the (unsuccessful) challenger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, buckdouger said:

Wasnt it Terry saying "reset" during the incident?

I thought that was Goodison?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buckdouger said:

 

Wasnt it Terry saying "reset" during the incident? The calm parental voice, like Ashby and the "listen to my comms" comment.

 

No, that was me

728BEB27-AD40-427F-A378-ECDE275D1308.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like Deano needs to quit it with the footing after the tack. Just get on the line and let the speed come up. Like they do on jibes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nroose said:

Seems like Deano needs to quit it with the footing after the tack. Just get on the line and let the speed come up. Like they do on jibes.

Don't disagree, but if it were that simple you'd think they'd have figured that out by now.  I think their relative inefficiency tacking is a result of design choices (like smaller and flatter sail area) - which maybe makes them quicker downwind.

Maybe work on systems & sails to efficiently change sail camber and then match trimming techniques and timing to sync perfectly with the tack. I.e. go to school on what etnz is doing.  I'm not convinced Goodison has the tools yet to be as accurate as Ashby regarding main trim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cinnr said:

Don't disagree, but if it were that simple you'd think they'd have figured that out by now.  I think their relative inefficiency tacking is a result of design choices (like smaller and flatter sail area) - which maybe makes them quicker downwind.

Maybe work on systems & sails to efficiently change sail camber and then match trimming techniques and timing to sync perfectly with the tack. I.e. go to school on what etnz is doing.  I'm not convinced Goodison has the tools yet to be as accurate as Ashby regarding main trim.

I guess one thing I usually think is that too many people go too low coming out of tacks in general. I am probably too far the other direction. I have a tendency to pinch all the time. But I think it isn't simple. VMG is really hard to measure accurately. So it's really only possible to see this stuff when boat to boat, IMO, and they're not allowed to do 2-boat testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cinnr said:

Who trims the main when Goody is driving? 

That is what is puzzling.  It looks at times like goody is just looking around and very seldom, looks up at the sail.  When Dean says " any time now" he gets up and runs across.  As he and Dean grab the end of the sail they move it back and forth.  It almost looks like the sail is being trimmed automatically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nroose said:

I guess one thing I usually think is that too many people go too low coming out of tacks in general. I am probably too far the other direction. I have a tendency to pinch all the time. But I think it isn't simple. VMG is really hard to measure accurately. So it's really only possible to see this stuff when boat to boat, IMO, and they're not allowed to do 2-boat testing.

The great thing is that AM has some real world feedback now and can go to work!  If their tacking is still suspect in a month, it's because they chose a different tradeoff. No excuses now.

A technology gap will be harder to bridge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cinnr said:

Seems to me they have less camber in the main, they are trimming it pretty flat, so less drag and higher top end speed. But maybe acceleration (like out of a tack) is a bit less, thus prompting (requiring?) them to drive lower out of the tacks?  Once up to speed upwind, they seem to have a great high mode.

could be, but if you watch the boat, they always turn down off the wind more than NZ and LR after a tack.  It almost looks like Goody has some sort of target angle to hold it at until Dean comes across.  Dean almost always turn back into the wind and increases the VMG.  Maybe they need that dip to maintain speed after the turn, but it looks too conservative and it is costing them ground on every tack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Saro Scimitar Sunshine said:

I'm just watching the first race from last night. Looks like there's a foil tip missing for American Magic towards the end of the first beat. Any ideas ?

Capture d’écran 2020-12-18 à 10.36.48.png

Capture d’écran 2020-12-18 à 10.36.58.png

i noticed that too, but it appeared a little later as the light angle changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

It'll be interesting to see how much performance data AM has given away so far. They look and sound like they're racing hard. Dean does anyway. Anyone would think that guy was racing the AC match right now. 

Maybe he/ they may have let the cat out of the bag early? LR looks like they're just going through the motions of racing. Not much urgency right now. AM is the opposite. Lots of urgency.

LR doesn't have anyone running across the deck and having your crew stay in one place gives them very stable and smooth tacks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, nroose said:

Seems like Deano needs to quit it with the footing after the tack. Just get on the line and let the speed come up. Like they do on jibes.

exactly!  it is costing them a lot of ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, cinnr said:

I'm not convinced Goodison has the tools yet to be as accurate as Ashby regarding main trim.

Me too, but this suggests ETNZ has work to do too, they were pretty slow through some of these

2311551B-6B35-4483-A40B-FFCD972DBFD1.thumb.png.c5edb078ab0f5d96d061d67f594f24a2.png

Edit: oops, thought I had the ETNZ vs AM one handy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stingray~ said:

Me too, but this suggests ETNZ has work to do too, they were pretty slow through some of these

2311551B-6B35-4483-A40B-FFCD972DBFD1.thumb.png.c5edb078ab0f5d96d061d67f594f24a2.png

 

Yes but you forget that TNZ is not trying hard unlike everyone else, and the easiest way to sandbag is to fall off the foils.... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, XPRO said:

Yes but you forget that TNZ is not trying hard unlike everyone else, and the easiest way to sandbag is to fall off the foils.... 

Ha, maybe.. 

That chart illustrates nicely how your number of turns hurts; by by count NZL did 17 and GBR 19. It would account for some of the AVG SPD difference, obviously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Ha, maybe.. 

That chart illustrates nicely how your number of turns hurts; by by count NZL did 17 and GBR 19. It would account for some of the AVG SPD difference, obviously. 

I thought GBR looked okay in a straight line and Mr Ainslie is always damn good in the starting box, but as shown in the GBR vs ETNZ fig turning speed x number of turns killed GBR in the last race against ETNZ.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

In the last two races against LR it is obvious that AM heads too far off the wind after every tack up wind.  You could see it with NZ yesterday.  When Goody takes on the wheel he loses a lot of ground on VMG.  Once Dean take over he turns her back into the wind.  LP or NZ doesn't do this on the tacks and it looks like a major reason why they both gain on AM during the upwind legs.  I keep telling them to "turn up, turn up" all while they are losing ground to the trailing boat.

I see LR and AM both had similar sails.  LR had the smaller mainsail like AM.

Dean also looks like he is getting a little too old to be running back and forth on these boats.  He looks a little unsteady as he crosses, like an old man looking for his cane.  Of course, I would have falling off the boat on about every other crossing....

I noticed this as well.  I wonder if it is sandbagging - it seems like an easily observable issue that should have been quickly fixed.  Unless Magic needs to keep her speed up so she doesn't drop off the foils to easily?

The commentators also made several mentions of AM's downwind angles and VMG and how good it was.

I'm just thrilled that the Americans seems to have a damn quick boat.  Also - a HUGE tip of the hat to the italians.  They came to play!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Is that the race where NZL lost?  If so I remember seeing a stat on screen that had USA sailing 30,000m and NZL 28,000m or 2k less.  

Yes. Don’t recall seeing stat you mention but with how patchy things were it must be an interesting tactical decision sometimes about pressure-hunting vs shift-hunting. Given how twitchy these boats are, I’m guessing they tend to chase the pressure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stingray~ said:

Yes. Don’t recall seeing stat you mention but with how patchy things were it must be an interesting tactical decision sometimes about pressure-hunting vs shift-hunting. Given how twitchy these boats are, I’m guessing they tend to chase the pressure. 

It wasn't too long ago that the "experts" here were telling us that the racing would be just drag races to each mark.  Who would have thought that they would be chasing pressure and wind shifts let alone dialing up in pre-starts!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Yes. Don’t recall seeing stat you mention but with how patchy things were it must be an interesting tactical decision sometimes about pressure-hunting vs shift-hunting. Given how twitchy these boats are, I’m guessing they tend to chase the pressure. 

It sounded like ETNZ had some problem with the traveller in the ETNZ vs AM race, which may explain the speed dips in some of the turns. 

It would be very interesting to see a VMG plot similar to the boat speed plot above.  It would help to determine which tacking approach is preferred - point low and fast out of a tack then head up vs come out of a tack high and slow then build speed.  I suspect the differing tacking approaches we see between AM and LR/ETNZ may, in part, be determined in part by the camber depth potential  of the main - the boom systems seem flatter down low and may not be as powerful at lower speeds.  I have also been wondering whether a flatter main may explain AM's speed edge downwind.    

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Is that the race where NZL lost?  If so I remember seeing a stat on screen that had USA sailing 30,000m and NZL 28,000m or 2k less.  

Not even close to the actual numbers, more like 0.559 km less:

image.png.0cde0c490c4abfa7daa19f1e1bfddbae.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the last upwind leg of the race against UK, when the wind was very light.  AM looks to have a way to add more volume to their main.  They have a straight boom, but the mainsail fills out and pulls away from the boom.  It was much easier to see during the video, this was the they were near the finish line.

1401545010_ScreenShot2020-12-18at11_08_42PM.thumb.jpg.f61326276443b1415e8867cbd0b0e206.jpg

 

1271708536_ScreenShot2020-12-18at11_08_58PM.thumb.jpg.b5bce0aded1ddf68084e2e6c216b14f2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, usa318 said:

I think I missed the comment during the racing by Ken Read. Do we know if AM has any remaining new foils to come?

 

His comment was only ETNZ and LR have foils to come.

But remember, it's all well and good being able to make more foils. Quite another to know what is required to make them faster.

Besides they can still modify their existing foils to a reasonable amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

I would really like to that chart with VMG

Spinboy doesn't know about vmg...that's why his team oracle won the last cup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Alchemist said:

In the last upwind leg of the race against UK, when the wind was very light.  AM looks to have a way to add more volume to their main.  They have a straight boom, but the mainsail fills out and pulls away from the boom.  It was much easier to see during the video, this was the they were near the finish line.

1401545010_ScreenShot2020-12-18at11_08_42PM.thumb.jpg.f61326276443b1415e8867cbd0b0e206.jpg

 

1271708536_ScreenShot2020-12-18at11_08_58PM.thumb.jpg.b5bce0aded1ddf68084e2e6c216b14f2.jpg

They’re just using the outhual on the boom. Nothing fancy. Quite simple really. Releasing that outhaul, they have two (one for each skin), will give the sail more depth and shape. Good for light breeze but too much and the air will stall.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again another Final race choke...     Dean is on form for another failure.

Why do teams employe Barker?

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Baconator said:

Again another Final race choke...     Dean is on form for another failure.

Why do teams employ Barker?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Baconator said:

Again another Final race choke...     Dean is on form for another failure.

Why do teams employe Barker?

 

where was the choke sock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, breezie said:

Why no code Zero today ?

You may like to watch the post race conference on YouTube, Jimmy Spithill answered this exact question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said it on Thursday and I said it last week during the practice races. Dean has no problem winning the first races. It’s the last races he has a problem with.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, fish7yu said:

You may like to watch the post race conference on YouTube, Jimmy Spithill answered this exact question.

Ok watched that, didn't really answer  "ahh it didnt look like it at at the start"

anyway I fervently hope that if either etnz or nyyc had carried a code zero they would have  won

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, breezie said:

Ok watched that, didn't really answer  "ahh it didnt look like it at at the start"

anyway I fervently hope that if either etnz or nyyc had carried a code zero they would have  won

Spithill did say a little bit more, code zero may help them takeoff, but once it is up on foils, in today's condition, code zero may not work well.

The challenges today is that the wind speed was quite variable and patchy, Spithill did say code zero only works in a very narrow range, means that they don't think it is suited for today's conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Forourselves said:

It'll be interesting to see how much performance data AM has given away so far. They look and sound like they're racing hard. Dean does anyway. Anyone would think that guy was racing the AC match right now. 

Maybe he/ they may have let the cat out of the bag early? LR looks like they're just going through the motions of racing. Not much urgency right now. AM is the opposite. Lots of urgency.

Agree 100% but I was thinking he was trying to get into the Kiwis heads.? And he has motive to be like that. The opposition can throw you all their speed moves, doesn't mean you can match them. I just think AM have been good because they had the most time on the water. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Baconator said:

Again another Final race choke...     Dean is on form for another failure.

Why do teams employe Barker?

 

one foil cant not working properly again, at least they didn't almost capsize.  It happen with the same foil in the UK rase and dropped them off the foils.  Without that problem they most likely would have sailed both races dry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it surprised a lot of people how well AM did in the lighter breeze.  They were leading NZ for the most part of two legs, got sloppy on the cover (too late...) and let NZ get the favored wind.  They then had the cant problem that dropped them off the foils.  Once you get that far behind, NZ was first to get into the slight stronger winds at the other end of the course and extended the lead.  That same cant problem cost them the race against LR the day before and also caused them to drop off the foils against UK in their final race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Alchemist said:

I think it surprised a lot of people how well AM did in the lighter breeze.  They were leading NZ for the most part of two legs, got sloppy on the cover (too late...) and let NZ get the favored wind.  They then had the cant problem that dropped them off the foils.  Once you get that far behind, NZ was first to get into the slight stronger winds at the other end of the course and extended the lead.  That same cant problem cost them the race against LR the day before and also caused them to drop off the foils against UK in their final race.

Spoken like a true loser. NZ isn’t having the same issues with the can’t system, so that suggests a system integration problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Alchemist said:

one foil cant not working properly again, at least they didn't almost capsize.  It happen with the same foil in the UK rase and dropped them off the foils.  Without that problem they most likely would have sailed both races dry.

Blame the equipment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

I would really like to that chart with VMG

VMG at these speeds and angles is pretty tough. Not really sure we will get that, or if it is possible with the current state of the art of instrumentation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, cinnr said:

I'm not convinced Goodison has the tools yet to be as accurate as Ashby regarding main trim.

Seems like you could say that about anyone on the planet in relation to Ashby.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rh3000 said:

where was the choke sock?

Touchdown, after TNZ just passed them, second to last upwind leg.

 

Complete cluster... As only Barker can perfect,!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, terrafirma said:

I just think AM have been good because they had the most time on the water. 

Not to overlook the fact that, the boat is quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

Blame the equipment...

Funny , I have been very pleasant in how I have described what I am hearing from the teams about the FCS but what they are really saying is that it is a piece of shit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, XPRO said:

Funny , I have been very pleasant in how I have described what I am hearing from the teams about the FCS but what they are really saying is that it is a piece of shit.

Coincidentally the same teams that didn't win right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

one foil cant not working properly again, at least they didn't almost capsize.  It happen with the same foil in the UK rase and dropped them off the foils.  Without that problem they most likely would have sailed both races dry.

Dean specifically said it was the foil, not the arm. He doubled on this in the press conference. I don't believe it was an FCS issue at all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baconator said:

Touchdown, after TNZ just passed them, second to last upwind leg.

 

Complete cluster... As only Barker can perfect,!

When their foil malfunctioned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Coincidentally the same teams that didn't win right?

I call shit shit no matter who wins or loses. When multiple top spars were busting in the 49ers , they investigated and fixed it. In September they should have had all teams in a “supplied parts” meeting and as a group sorted it out. Months later shit is still shit and the maintenance process it ridiculous. I am not insulting you or your team I am calling out something that as a supplied part should not be a wildcard in the deck.   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, XPRO said:

a supplied part should not be a wildcard in the deck.   

Yes!  This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Coincidentally the same teams that didn't win right?

And seriously don’t be dense , when TNZ had a systems issue on the start I was not cheering for a system failure vs Peter and for a system failure to keep them planted in displacement mode. Only a cunt roots for system failures vs. good racing. Frankly I think Prada seems to have had the least amount of failures. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, XPRO said:

Only a cunt roots for system failures vs. good racing.

Nailed it! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, XPRO said:

And seriously don’t be dense , when TNZ had a systems issue on the start I was not cheering for a system failure vs Peter and for a system failure to keep them planted in displacement mode. Only a cunt roots for system failures vs. good racing. Frankly I think Prada seems to have had the least amount of failures. 

And Jimmy said in the press conference that they were having problems, that everyone is having problems.  It is some BS engineering and the teams have no way to fix it or the software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Alchemist said:

And Jimmy said in the press conference that they were having problems, that everyone is having problems.  It is some BS engineering and the teams have no way to fix it or the software.

Fucking excuses, excuses. Team NZ isn't having a problem with it! or if they are, they're not whining like little girls about it! Whether its shit or not, everyone has the same damn system, so suck it up, shut up and make it work, or go home empty handed. Its as simple as that. Everyone knew the deal when the rule was published, and still signed on. Tired of all these fucking excuses for losing races.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, XPRO said:

And seriously don’t be dense , when TNZ had a systems issue on the start I was not cheering for a system failure vs Peter and for a system failure to keep them planted in displacement mode. Only a cunt roots for system failures vs. good racing. Frankly I think Prada seems to have had the least amount of failures. 

"All teams were responsible for the installation, ongoing maintenance and operating procedures of their own systems and that all teams were provided with full operating and maintenance instructions and programs to ensure effective and reliable performance" - Emirates Team NZ.

So enough with the BS excuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Forourselves said:

Everyone knew the deal when the rule was published

They were reading the rule and counting on the thing f’ing working as advertised. 
 

The recent and aggressive ETNZ response to the allegations suggests a sensitivity to how potentially big this problem is. There is BIG money riding on it..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stingray~ said:

They were reading the rule and counting on the thing f’ing working as advertised. 
 

The recent and aggressive ETNZ response to the allegations suggests a sensitivity to how potentially big this problem is. There is BIG money riding on it..

"all teams were responsible for the installation, ongoing maintenance and operating procedures of their own systems and that all teams were provided with full operating and maintenance instructions and programs to ensure effective and reliable performance"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- All teams are responsible for the installation, ongoing maintenance and operating procedures of their own systems.

- All teams are provided with full operating and maintenance instructions and programs to ensure effective and reliable performance.

- For the past few months there is a weekly coordinated call between all teams every Friday in an open and transparent environment to discuss the system and address any developments collectively.

- The maintenance and start up schedule that has been developed is a comprehensive schedule that is shared and in possession of all teams.

- In Emirates Team New Zealand’s experience if all maintenance and start up procedures are followed correctly; the system operates as designed.

- Emirates Team New Zealand has no access system to ensure these procedures are followed by any of the teams.

 

To summarize, if its not working properly, its your own damn fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

if its not working properly, its your own damn fault.

That jeopardizes AC36, OD parts are supposed to not count performance-wise or why f’ing do it? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it seems that the story is already set, if ETNZ sucessfully defend the cup, it is because they supply faulty cant systems to the challengers. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

"All teams were responsible for the installation, ongoing maintenance and operating procedures of their own systems and that all teams were provided with full operating and maintenance instructions and programs to ensure effective and reliable performance" - Emirates Team NZ.

So enough with the BS excuses.

You sound like a perfect shill. Unwilling to think , discuss, etc. I have worked for and sailed with many amazing New  Zealanders , prickly , always hazing , but always willing to look outside the box and understand why things work the way they do. From ketches, to sprits on AC boats , forked keels, foiling 72s, do it the first time if it might work.... Tough  but brash it is the culture but a known entity. You are something else. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, XPRO said:

Tough  but brash it is the culture but a known entity. You are something else. 

Yes, a few lowest common denominator   Kiwis are still spamming the forum but there are some great ones too. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

To summarize, if supplied material does not work properly, its your own damn fault.

Speak a competition where supplied material decides the winner.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

They were reading the rule and counting on the thing f’ing working as advertised. 
 

The recent and aggressive ETNZ response to the allegations suggests a sensitivity to how potentially big this problem is. There is BIG money riding on it..

And even bigger reputations, Stinger.

Be a brave, or very stupid soul who admitted they weren't up to making it work. It's a savage cut, sure, but it cuts both ways.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Nobody will accept "supplied parts" next Cup. 

That part of the Rule may well open up too. All the OD shit was only supposed to save $$$$$ - and we know that's a croc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

That part of the Rule may well open up too. All the OD shit was only supposed to save $$$$$ - and we know that's a croc.

Or ensure quality parts for less sophisticated teams that might endanger themselves or others with poorly designed parts. LIKE THE FCS, BWAHAHAHA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites