6 hours ago, Xlot said:

He’s Betsy DeVosbrother, right? Who’s to say he hasn’t recruited spies/saboteurs in other teams, then? This might explain LR’s headstay failure

Say "Blackwater", enough said...

Oh well, ancestors of the worst of the Dutch Reformed Church, still practicing "believers" to this day, in Holland, Michigan.

Enough said...

15 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

Say "Blackwater", enough said...

Oh well, ancestors of the worst of the Dutch Reformed Church, still practicing "believers" to this day, in Holland, Michigan.

Enough said...

Holland? Any relation to Stars and Stripes?

Just now, Varan said:

Holland? Any relation to Stars and Stripes?

Not as far as we know, but some said DeVos has or had an interest in the yard. But the family "rules" Michigan, they say...

5 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

the family "rules" WESTERN LOWER Michigan, they say...

Dickie tried to rule the whole state and got crushed in a landslide to a woman with a 48% approval rating.  I think he lost by 16 points despite spending the most ever spent for a guber race - by 3 times I think.  40M?  Cup of coffee for that family.

• Like 1

I still reckon TNZ is running the big bulbless foils in a low lift/low drag configuration and relying on boat pitch to alter the angle of attack and generate lift, partly explaining the bow down attitude they seem to prefer, pulling the bow up to tack.  Those big foils will generate loads of lift when the bow rises.  Risky move dependent on exceptional control, but providing more lift when needed, and at lower speeds.  This possibly explains the lift off/stall/crash behaviour weve seen from TNZ.  

As for the bigger gap between mainsails, I'd suggest it operates as a kamm foil, like we use in bicycle tube forms, high level bicycle racing operates at similar speeds to these yachts.  Marginal increase in drag at 0⁰ apparant yaw, but advantageous as yaw increases. 

1 hour ago, I ride bikes said:

I still reckon TNZ is running the big bulbless foils in a low lift/low drag configuration and relying on boat pitch to alter the angle of attack and generate lift, partly explaining the bow down attitude they seem to prefer, pulling the bow up to tack.  Those big foils will generate loads of lift when the bow rises.  Risky move dependent on exceptional control, but providing more lift when needed, and at lower speeds.  This possibly explains the lift off/stall/crash behaviour weve seen from TNZ.  

The larger foils also give more drag.

37 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

If one year from now, they are sailing in the wind we currently have in Auckland this summer. They are all going to need large foils. 

On 3/3/2020 at 10:03 PM, The_Alchemist said:

Very impressive boat handling, by far the best we have seen so far!

OK, here are some speed calculations:

Minute  Speed

0:45  27.4 knts

1:10  26.2 knts

1:47  30.9 knts

1:57  28.1 knts

2:09  28.1 knts

3:05  27.4 knts

3:45  25.1 knts

4:34  37.7 knts

4:37  36.6 knts

5:02  30.2 knts

5:08  33.5 knts

5:21  37.7 knts

6:28  29.4 knts

6:34  30.9 knts

Saw another report that says the winds were 6 knots or less when they were using the code zero and maybe 12 knots when using the jib.  http://yachtboatnews.com/americas-cup743/

24 minutes ago, uflux said:

If one year from now, they are sailing in the wind we currently have in Auckland this summer. They are all going to need large foils. 

Been pretty good winds this summer between 1600 and 1800 over the race course.

Just now all good for a race or 3.

F79E4E9D-D2AA-43F6-913B-63C03F73F87A.thumb.jpeg.424357f25cfde765fda88a5b79463448.jpeg

5 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

Yep.  This is why cut and thrust. Awesome. 

9 hours ago, I ride bikes said:

As for the bigger gap between mainsails, I'd suggest it operates as a kamm foil, like we use in bicycle tube forms, high level bicycle racing operates at similar speeds to these yachts.  Marginal increase in drag at 0⁰ apparant yaw, but advantageous as yaw increases. 

Except you can't trim your downtube to the apparent wind angle (edit: del -speed) on a bike, but you do trim a main.

Kamms in cycling also have to do with frame stiffness and UCI boxes and aspect ratio limits. It's an interesting idea but i think the odds are it's unrelated. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, I ride bikes said:

relying on boat pitch to alter the angle of attack and generate lift,

Well, quite. In all this talk of the aerodynamics of a bow down attitude, isn't it "merely" reducing the lift of the main foils that they're looking for? There are articulated surfaces for sure, but I bet this is more efficient.

39 minutes ago, RantyDave said:

Well, quite. In all this talk of the aerodynamics of a bow down attitude, isn't it "merely" reducing the lift of the main foils that they're looking for? There are articulated surfaces for sure, but I bet this is more efficient.

Yes. That - and to a lesser extent, having a vertical mast - is the only rationale discussed so far

8 hours ago, Xlot said:

Yes. That - and to a lesser extent, having a vertical mast - is the only rationale discussed so far

Bow down probably gives multiple gains.

Gets a Reflection plane for aero drag reduction.

More Vertical Mast and more vertical forestay would lessen vortex generation. Possibly also improve feedback in balance of rig on helm, making it feel more alive and responsive.

Minimal rudder and foil immersion, lessening drag factors.

Possible scoop/additive effect of gathering and smoothing air flow over bottom of Jib - as per Rans claims. Gaining rig power.

Having the whole deck angled node down must create some measurable downforce that could contribute to additional RM, but with the price of drag.

So when you add all the drag reductions against this drag increase, you may be at zero gain but higher RM......

Not that we will get any inside confirmation. But probable.....

Just saw Bora was sailing in the Melges 24 regatta with Canfield - does this mean he's been given the ease from Magic? 

Martin Fisher said that the hull was designed for aero first, so I don't know why they would chose a boat position that would increase it.

It is unsurprising to hear passive aggressive statements of what people do not know....

Another one bites the dust...

https://www.americascup.com/en/news/595_COR-36-CALLS-FOR-THE-POSTPONEMENT-OF-THE-ACWS-SARDINIA-CAGLIARI-EVENT

The Defender published a press release in which it announced the cancellation of the ACWS Sardinia – Cagliari without mentioning COR’s proposal of a new date for the event, and refused COR’s proposal without even discussing it.

Like you couldn't see that coming a mile away. And a bit douchey on the part of the Defender I must say. But hey, they're Kiwis.

46 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Like you couldn't see that coming a mile away. And a bit douchey on the part of the Defender I must say. But hey, they're Kiwis.

Bit douchey? Maybe so.  But clearly there's some tit for tat going on there. 

Sits alongside LR not talking with other challengers when initiating the wind limits and not inviting the defender to talks re: Cagliari, amongst other such known examples - and quite possibly  some more private ones not (yet) visible in the public domain. 

Some might say there's a pattern of behaviour there and ETNZ aren't the ones at the core of it, irrespective of whether they amp it up at times.

If one took a slightly different tack to your own they might argue that ETNZ were simply calling out the CoR on their single-minded self-serving philosophy.

At least ETNZ is expected to be self serving as the sole defender.  How much input are Ineos and AM getting into challenger initiated considerations / decisions?

14 minutes ago, Skipstone said:

Bit douchey?

Some might say...ETNZ aren't the ones at the core of it, irrespective of whether they amp it up at times.

If one took a slightly different tack to your own they might argue that ETNZ were simply...

At least ETNZ is...

You keep trying to gloss over the fact that the Emiratis are douchey.

Pro tip: The Emiratis are douchey.

2 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

You keep trying to gloss over the fact that the Emiratis are douchey.

Pro tip: The Emiratis are douchey.

I rather prefer to judge each on merit over time by their actions or inactions.

I appreciate that your position almost universally starts and ends with 'anything but ETNZ' but that's neither fair nor balanced - not that it needs to be here, of course. 

For the record I'm more than happy to call ETNZ out when I think they warrant it, but your one-eyedness on all things ETNZ is old - wherever your loyalties lie.  

I've seen you repeatedly demand that others engage constructively (usually read as being positive about anything NYYC and negative about everything  ETNZ) or get out of at very least this forum - perhaps others too.. 

But saying that, this is SA and the 'A' translates that everyone's entitled to their own opinion - however wrong they are.  ;)

You included. Me too for that.

to be ' douchey " they would have had to disagree with something written down

no date was set other than a " some time in the future"  .. which means they cannot arrange the timing for themselves to pack up and move to portsmouth on the off chance that that still goes ahead

all thats happening is etnz are stopped from doing any sailing in aucks .. or anywhere else till LR make an announcement on when the race will be held

and as that announcement has a better than even chance of being .. never .. its cancelled .. why not make a decision for all the rest and say ok .. lets go and if we can arrange something definite later we will

time for all to bite it and go to nz early

51 minutes ago, Skipstone said:

I appreciate that your position almost universally starts and ends with 'anything but ETNZ' but that's neither fair nor balanced - not that it needs to be here, of course. 

For the record I'm more than happy to call ETNZ out when I think they warrant it, but your one-eyedness on all things ETNZ is old - wherever your loyalties lie.  

I've seen you repeatedly demand that others engage constructively (usually read as being positive about anything NYYC and negative about everything  ETNZ) or get out of at very least this forum - perhaps others too.. 

But saying that, this is SA and the 'A' translates that everyone's entitled to their own opinion - however wrong they are.  ;)

You are wasting your time I'm afraid... Sadly your reasoned response contains only one thing of value to that troll - attention.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

to be ' douchey " they would have had to disagree with something written down

no date was set other than a " some time in the future"  .. which means they cannot arrange the timing for themselves to pack up and move to portsmouth on the off chance that that still goes ahead

all thats happening is etnz are stopped from doing any sailing in aucks .. or anywhere else till LR make an announcement on when the race will be held

and as that announcement has a better than even chance of being .. never .. its cancelled .. why not make a decision for all the rest and say ok .. lets go and if we can arrange something definite later we will

time for all to bite it and go to nz early

Or just fuck off the TV show, sail at home, develop B2, launch the second boat then front up in NZ for the cup.the reality is that NZ have /will loose the same time as Ineos when you take into account travel, base build tear down etc that’s already been undertaken.  

Prada have a bust boat and AM are sat going WTF. AM are probs the least effected, 

the TV show was bullshit that no one really wanted to do anyway as it fucked with lead times, this is literally the best opportunity to can it and still be able to stick to the cup timetable. 

• Like 1

Wasn't NYYC still having tours about the Cup this past week, collecting rich boomers in yacht club gatherings? #boomerremover 

8 hours ago, Skipstone said:

As do I.

See above. It appears you've not been around long enough to enjoy the many, many, many evidences and proofs I've graciously provided herein to arrive at my well-hewn position.

For the record I'm more than happy to call ETNZ ou when I think they warrant it,

As am I - and as I do.

but your one-eyedness on all things ETNZ is old - wherever your loyalties lie.  

See above. Yet again, you're flat wrong.

Now you're talking out of your butt.

You're dismissed.

8 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Or just fuck off the TV show, sail at home, develop B2, launch the second boat then front up in NZ for the cup...

Don't the rules stipulate otherwise regarding required events? Portsmouth is surely off the table too. Looks like AC36 may be done...with another couple of years before anything of note happens.

At least there are 15 YAC teams ready to rock. Heh.

1 hour ago, smackdaddy said:

You're dismissed.

I'll leave this to others to judge.  But your reply only proves to me the general consensus that seems to be held here regarding a good number of your contributions.

Let me sum your position from my perspective. You're right, always right - even when you're not, and when you judge another wrong - whether they actually are or not - you'll send them to Coventry. Usually loudly and resoundingly. And that's your right too. 

And actually, No. That's not the way community works - as you're finding. Hard to justify your own continuing participation or 'undoubted value' when you're speaking only to yourself or the same tame few that share your position. 

You're prone to leaping to assumptions or arriving at personal judgements then issuing rulings from the top of your house of cards.

Pro tip You're not always right. And sometimes you only make an idiot of yourself.

You can choose when and with whom to engage but ...

Bonus Pro tip

if they already have you on ignore all that's left is to feel smug at your superiority from the sandbox that is you and the remaining few. 

Sorry (not sorry) but score one more for Ignore. Even though I'm sure you'll wear that as a badge of pride too. 

• Like 4

Good lord. Here's a Pro-Tip: I say what I want to say - always - and back it up with facts.

If the "community" to which you refer (and of which you seem to be a part) is made up of a bunch of tender, poo-flinging douchemonkeys who become offended at repeatedly and soundly being proven wrong by facts, why the hell would I care what they think? And even more to the point - why the hell would I want to belong to that "community"? No thanks.

And Bonus Pro Tip: Anyone who announces an ignore clearly doesn't understand how things work.

As I said, you're dismissed.

1 hour ago, Skipstone said:

if they already have you on ignore.... 

I can highly recommend this.

Whenever I see him quoted I have visions of a lunatic shouting into a void.

416D763E-80AA-441B-857C-E3C6269EDB95.jpeg

• Like 1

And yet every thread I start (or participate in) becomes the most viewed in the forum. It's always been that way. So, at the end of the day, no one really ignores me.

And the only "void" I ever shout into is the one between the ears of KiWhingersTM. I like the angsty echo.

Heh.

59 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

And the only "void" I ever shout into is the one between the ears of KiWhingers

still trolling

15 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

still trolling

Only KiWhingersTM. And that's a self-selecting group. So I don't know what to tell you.

Just now, smackdaddy said:

So I don't know what to tell you.

well you could always make a sea change and go to something rational, well thought out and correct

What I've been saying over the last year plus around here has been pretty damn accurate - judging by the facts. So when you use the term "correct"...

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-i

34 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

What I've been saying over the last year plus around here has been pretty damn accurate - judging by the facts

obviously your memory and my memory are diametrically opposed in what has or has not been proven

38 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

What I've been saying over the last year plus around here has been pretty damn accurate - judging by the facts. So when you use the term "correct"...

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-i

Only if it's the Trump University of facts...

D883F320-FED9-4D8D-8ABF-90D4D858AE22.jpeg

11 hours ago, uflux said:

Only if it's the Trump University of facts...

Exactly, oxymoron, convicted of fraud, Trash University.

Did Smuckdaddy graduate there?

Looks like AM will be staying in Pensacola as everyone suspected:

American Magic Send-off Celebration postponed

The American Magic Send-off Celebration scheduled for Monday, March 16, at The Fish House has been postponed. The America's Cup team, which has made Pensacola their winter base for last two years, was scheduled to soon travel to Italy for the first series of races. 

The regatta, scheduled to begin April 18 in Sardegna (Sardinia), was to be the first chance for the America’s Cup defender and challengers to test out their new AC75 high-performance foiling mononhull sailboats.

Previously, Terry Hutchinson, the American Magic skipper, told the News Journal that first and foremost is the safety of the team and that they will follow all guidelines from the U.S. and Italy. As of now there is no further information on plans for the send-off celebration.

Time to change the protocol. ACWS and YAC events ain't gonna happen. And I'm also wondering if we're going to see B2s

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Time to change the protocol. ACWS and YAC events ain't gonna happen. And I'm also wondering if we're going to see B2s

ETNZ is already building theirs...so we will have at least one on the the start line 2021.

why wouldn't we see B2s? surely the teams have the hulls layed up by now. think i saw that it was approx a year to make from start to launch ... they would have to be halfway through

21 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

As the pandemic situation and trajectory becomes clearer they can make changes.

9 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

why wouldn't we see B2s? surely the teams have the hulls layed up by now. think i saw that it was approx a year to make from start to launch ... they would have to be halfway through

I think the Defender and at least 2 challengers will. Maybe all 3.  The AC is the AC and survived world wars. It will survive this too.  

In the process of building and actually finishing are two very different things. The supply and labor chains are clearly affected. There are a lot of systems on these boats. And if these ACWS events are all shut down, you also don't have the testing to prove out everything for your B2.

I'm not saying it will happen - but it very well could.

18 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

In the process of building and actually finishing are two different things. The supply and labor chains are going to clearly be affected. There are a lot of systems on these boats. And if these ACWS events are all shut down, you also don't have the testing to prove out everything for B2.

It’s lucky ETNZ is building everything in house so they shouldn’t be affected too much . Not seeing a major problem for them. LR could have issues if the time line gets too tight. As well as the fact that they currently don’t have a boat that is sea worthy...

29 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

In the process of building and actually finishing are two very different things. The supply and labor chains are clearly affected. There are a lot of systems on these boats. And if these ACWS events are all shut down, you also don't have the testing to prove out everything for your B2.

I see your point, but I also see it as AC suicide if the current teams stop B2 build. just too much to loose and completely allowing the other teams to leapfrog you.

look at the difference between ETNZ's B2 AC72 and LR's B1 which was pretty much a clone of ETNZ's B1 as the design package was sold to them. was daylight between them

this is a similar evolutionary jumping period with the new design concept

ACWS cancellations will not stop the teams continuing to do there own inhouse testing on B1 or B2. All its going to stop is the ability for 2 teams to drag race each other on a course without knowing if either of them is sandbagging

• Like 1

Yes, time to change the protocol, but the CoR/D mutual consented love might make it pretty entertaining.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Yes, time to change the protocol, but the CoR/D mutual consented love might make it pretty entertaining.

Heh. Good point. This has meltdown written all over it.

14 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Heh. Good point. This has meltdown written all over it.

Yawn...the sky is not falling down :rolleyes:

7380FD4D-DC71-4241-8E74-13DE19BDBD80.jpeg

And?

To finish first, first you have to finish...

• Like 1

There didn't use to be ACWS, challenger round Robin regattas, selection. Just 2 boats and teams that never had foreplay before the Cup action. Remember when we never even used to see the nasty bits of the boats until the match?

They managed. Might be boring on TV, might not be, but maybe not much else going on in a year. 

Go for it. Then AC37 can be the fancy party circuit. 

The AC will persist.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NZL3481 said:

And?

It's this kind of deep insight and wisdom that keeps me coming back.

One thing’s for sure, there will be a number of teams who are glad they sat this cup round out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

There didn't use to be ACWS, challenger round Robin regattas, selection. Just 2 boats and teams that never had foreplay before the Cup action. Remember when we never even used to see the nasty bits of the boats until the match?

They managed. Might be boring on TV, might not be, but maybe not much else going on in a year. 

Go for it. Then AC37 can be the fancy party circuit. 

The AC will persist.

Luna Rossa will want some 'no sail' time given their AC 75 makes Fiat reliability look like it's bomb-proof.

ETNZ will want the same giving the time lost shipping a boat around the planet for effectively nothing.

Ineos may not be able to get off Sardinia for some time due to travel restrictions.

So 3 out of 4 teams will be looking to mitigate the sailing time of other teams over the next few months due to circumstance. 

They'll re-schedule a regatta in Auckland for November and everyone will be happy again.

The AC will persist.

2 hours ago, Ex-yachtie said:

One thing’s for sure, there will be a number of teams who are glad they sat this cup round out. 

They might be glad not to be wrestling with the current scenario but I'm not so sure any of them will truly be glad not to be part of the AC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lickindip said:

I see your point, but I also see it as AC suicide if the current teams stop B2 build. just too much to loose and completely allowing the other teams to leapfrog you.

look at the difference between ETNZ's B2 AC72 and LR's B1 which was pretty much a clone of ETNZ's B1 as the design package was sold to them. was daylight between them

this is a similar evolutionary jumping period with the new design concept

ACWS cancellations will not stop the teams continuing to do there own inhouse testing on B1 or B2. All its going to stop is the ability for 2 teams to drag race each other on a course without knowing if either of them is sandbagging

Where is the proof/documentation that says LR Boat 1 is a clone of the NZ design?  You can’t just make this stuff up, where is the proof?  LR spent a lot of money on the mainsail control, doubt that any of that design came from NZ.

The differences between the LR design and the NZ design is based upon each team’s interpretation of the rules.

1 hour ago, NZL3481 said:

Luna Rossa will want some 'no sail' time given their AC 75 makes Fiat reliability look like it's bomb-proof.

ETNZ will want the same giving the time lost shipping a boat around the planet for effectively nothing.

Ineos may not be able to get off Sardinia for some time due to travel restrictions.

So 3 out of 4 teams will be looking to mitigate the sailing time of other teams over the next few months due to circumstance. 

They'll re-schedule a regatta in Auckland for November and everyone will be happy again.

The AC will persist.

Luna Rossa won't get time for their own errors or omissions.

You'd expect ETNZ to get time back from all the others due to the time cost to ship to Europe for no purpose relative to the others. 

Ineos' move to pack up in Sardinia 'early' has probably gained them time so they may need to give up some to others depending how quickly they can get their B1 and gear off Sardinia. If my memory serves correctly they travelled largely overland to get there. 

And AM has gained probably several weeks over the others with the way this has played out so are likely to be looking at the most time 'on the beach'.

20 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

Where is the proof/documentation that says LR Boat 1 is a clone of the NZ design?  You can’t just make this stuff up, where is the proof?  LR spent a lot of money on the mainsail control, doubt that any of that design came from NZ.

The differences between the LR design and the NZ design is based upon each team’s interpretation of the rules.

I think if you re-read, the prior post refers to AC72's, not AC75's.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Skipstone said:

+1

that excess product is really not doing you good alcky

3 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

The red mist takes over again...

10 hours ago, Skipstone said:

Sorry, the B1, B2 had me thinking AC75 and I missed the AC72 comment.  I stand corrected.

19 hours ago, uflux said:

ETNZ is already building theirs...so we will have at least one on the the start line 2021.

I think all the teams have started B2 a while back. 

14 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

fuckme, do you want proof gravity exists as well ... this is common knowledge

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10778640  "Emirates Team New Zealand last year sold the Italian team the design to their AC72 - the new class of catamaran that will be sailed in next year's America's Cup. "

https://www.sail-world.com/news/207305 "Later Emirates Team New Zealand confirmed to Sail-World.com that a design package was being offered in a similar way to the foiling multihull AC72 package that was sold to Italian team Luna Rossa in the run up to the 2013 America's Cup. "

even wikipedia knows it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC72 "Sistership to Team New Zealand boat #1. Hydrofoiling capability "

6 hours ago, Lickindip said:

fuckme, do you want proof gravity exists as well ... this is common knowledge

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10778640  "Emirates Team New Zealand last year sold the Italian team the design to their AC72 - the new class of catamaran that will be sailed in next year's America's Cup. "

https://www.sail-world.com/news/207305 "Later Emirates Team New Zealand confirmed to Sail-World.com that a design package was being offered in a similar way to the foiling multihull AC72 package that was sold to Italian team Luna Rossa in the run up to the 2013 America's Cup. "

even wikipedia knows it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC72 "Sistership to Team New Zealand boat #1. Hydrofoiling capability "

I already apologized in another reply.   

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 7:16 AM, NZL3481 said:

And?

On 3/16/2020 at 8:57 AM, smackdaddy said:

It's this kind of deep insight and wisdom that keeps me coming back.

Be truthful and honest for once....... You don't come here for knowledge. You don't come here to share insight. You come here to stir. You are the proverbial Teaspoon.

Nothing could keep you away.

Nothing.

• Like 6

As stated before in the link to the interview with Dean, they stop sailing in Florida because of the virus, but construction is continuing on B2 in Connecticut (mfg has a exemption to the stay home order in that state).  

Here are some interesting screen captures from the AM "Top of the Tech" video:

Foils design looks quite advanced.

1284900599_AMfoilMarch2020.thumb.jpg.97ce2774d17a14c6773bd24cf15ea8db.jpg

Back side of the D-Mast:

19979224_AMDmast.thumb.jpg.747e572922af58febd4de6886de20d49.jpg

Not sure what these fins are for:

681564478_AMfins.thumb.jpg.fbbe69af56541f1b9b300138576624d5.jpg

4 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

As stated before in the link to the interview with Dean, they stop sailing in Florida because of the virus, but construction is continuing on B2 in Connecticut (mfg has a exemption to the stay home order in that state).  

Here are some interesting screen captures from the AM "Top of the Tech" video:

Foils design looks quite advanced.

1284900599_AMfoilMarch2020.thumb.jpg.97ce2774d17a14c6773bd24cf15ea8db.jpg

Back side of the D-Mast:

19979224_AMDmast.thumb.jpg.747e572922af58febd4de6886de20d49.jpg

Not sure what these fins are for:

681564478_AMfins.thumb.jpg.fbbe69af56541f1b9b300138576624d5.jpg

Stopping the rigging from giving the crew a migraine?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Stopping the rigging from giving the crew a migraine?

Had the same thought

Any chance B2 is more aggressive in appearance than B1?

WetHog  :ph34r:

2 hours ago, WetHog said:

Any chance B2 is more aggressive in appearance than B1?

WetHog  :ph34r:

They have stated that B1 was a simple design just to get on the water quickly and learn how to sail the boat, so I would assume there will be some major changes.  

On 3/17/2020 at 1:55 AM, Boink said:

Be truthful and honest for once....... You don't come here for knowledge. You don't come here to share insight. You come here to stir. You are the proverbial Teaspoon.

Nothing could keep you away.

Nothing.

Heh, I just came back around and saw this.

Oh Boink - you're clueless.

Thanks for the vid Stingers.

On 4/5/2020 at 3:01 AM, The_Alchemist said:

They have stated that B1 was a simple design just to get on the water quickly and learn how to sail the boat, so I would assume there will be some major changes.  

Will be interesting to see whether the B1 (and subsequent modeling) learnings are refinements/extensions of the design that went into B1, or whether there are some U turns or radical new thinking in the B2 design.  If the latter I guess we can expect to see B2's unveiled as late as possible.  Of course, everyone's still waiting to see whether the existing timeline in the protocol can be maintained... Might be some time yet before that becomes evident.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skipstone said:

Will be interesting to see whether the B1 (and subsequent modeling) learnings are refinements/extensions of the design that went into B1, or whether there are some U turns or radical new thinking in the B2 design.  If the latter I guess we can expect to see B2's unveiled as late as possible.  Of course, everyone's still waiting to see whether the existing timeline in the protocol can be maintained... Might be some time yet before that becomes evident.

Will someone decide to start another B2 and scrap the beginnings of the first?  I guess it depends on if the Prada cup is shifted back 12 months?

6 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

Heh, I just came back around and saw this.

Oh Boink - you're clueless.

Thanks for the vid Stingers.

Clueless enough to predict - Thanks for proving Me correct. Muppet.

1 hour ago, Boink said:

Clueless enough to predict - Thanks for proving Me correct. Muppet.

You don't get it. I just post when there is something interesting going on. There is nothing interesting going on around here...except for Stingers' video.

And I certainly don't feel the need or desire to navel-gaze with KiWidiots on a daily basis. Speaking of - I've just exceeded my recommended daily allowance. Later.

@smackdaddy

You continue to display such well honed ignorance and xenophobic tendancies.

I am not a Kiwi.

But it seems you do have a PhD, in Stupidity. 

41 minutes ago, jackolantern said:

Can someone post the exact Dean Barker quote about building their new boat in Connecticut?

I think the comment was initially made in error by someone after watching the Dean Barker interview with Matt Brown.  I've just flipped through the video and Dean confirms in the Q&A starting at about 4:12 into the clip that the AM B2 is being built in RI as you'd expect.

Clip in question is the one at the head of this article...  https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12321869

5 hours ago, jackolantern said:

Can someone post the exact Dean Barker quote about building their new boat in Connecticut?

I made the Connecticut comment in error.