1 hour ago, phill_nz said:

if only he had shown that sort of passion when he was in TNZ

All he showed before he left was a sense of entitlement...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NZL3481 said:

All he showed before he left was a sense of entitlement...

sad but that about covers it

• Like 1

Deano Was a B Boat skipper forced into an A boat skipper role in 2000 - 2003. The difference between a good skipper and a great skipper is the ability to influence the direction of the team. As Peter Blake said “ The skipper has to be involved in all the key decisions to do with the boat, the trial program, the sail program, everything else. He had to know all about it. It has to be his” Dean was never able to make it his. The program was always run by someone else. His job was to steer the boat they gave him and develop it. Seems Dean has spent more time developing than anyone else in the game but not actually winning. Coutts influenced the direction of the 95 team, and the 2000 team, and won. He tried to exert his influence again for the next defence but was shot down and the rest is history. Ashby took ETNZ in the direction he thought was best in 2017. cycles and fit young guys taking the reigns. That was very much Ashby’s campaign. And he won. People can say what they want but Dean was CEO of Team Japan in title only. Larry ran that program the same way he runs his FailGP teams.

8 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Deano Was a B Boat skipper forced into an A boat skipper role in 2000 - 2003. The difference between a good skipper and a great skipper is the ability to influence the direction of the team. As Peter Blake said “ The skipper has to be involved in all the key decisions to do with the boat, the trial program, the sail program, everything else. He had to know all about it. It has to be his” Dean was never able to make it his. The program was always run by someone else. His job was to steer the boat they gave him and develop it. Seems Dean has spent more time developing than anyone else in the game but not actually winning. Coutts influenced the direction of the 95 team, and the 2000 team, and won. He tried to exert his influence again for the next defence but was shot down and the rest is history. Ashby took ETNZ in the direction he thought was best in 2017. cycles and fit young guys taking the reigns. That was very much Ashby’s campaign. And he won. People can say what they want but Dean was CEO of Team Japan in title only. Larry ran that program the same way he runs his FailGP teams.

Even as a helmsman alone, he's not in the same league as Burling or Ainslie.

Ashby pushed hard for the full foiling AC72 in San Francisco, for the 'dry laps' in Bermuda and even in a recent podcast interview Guillaume Verdier mentions Ashby's input as well as that of Ray Davies in the AC75. I'd find it difficult to believe Barker would have that level of input.

10 hours ago, barfy said:

The Rule says nothing about not being able to use pure hatred to do work in an HCC.

True, provided that pure hatred is being used to power a permitted force input device.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2020 at 3:44 PM, Raptorsailor said:

But remember that AM seems to be going for more of a compromise while ETNZ for bermuda didn't: all or nothing for the expected light winds. While definitely not a bad idea to focus on low wind. Having (seemingly) your philosophy to be one of compromise seems stupid, especially in a world where winning is the be all and end all. Look at Hugo Boss. No compromise, pure downwind boat. Fastest Imoca of the 2016 generation. Do you see a lot of people talking about Armel's boat or gauging their boat to it? No. everyone remembers HB and everyone compares themselves to that HB. And he didn't even win. When in the business of winning there can be no compromise.

Alinghi made no compromise on crew, it won in 2003. Oracle made no compromise on the wing sail. it won in 2010. ETNZ made an all round boat in 07 that compromised high and low wind. It lost. Alinghi compromised pure speed with a more traditional, versatile catamaran. And it lost. 

Why design your boat to handle any condition well when you can design a boat that works fantastically in one specific condition that is significantly more likely to occur. You can rely on average wind speed to be accurate except on rare outlier days. Look at bermuda, the 11 knot ish prediction was bang on for 90% of the racing. 

I think I've said compromise one too many times. 

The S&S '87 team had one hull that was blistering fast (relative in 12M terms) in heavy airs but had a significant drop off when the winds dropped below 20.   DC went with a boat that was a compromise and proved a winner hands down over Kookaburra.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

I feel a disturbance in the Force. Surrendered he has, to the Dark Side. 

Fear, anger, hatred and aggression will drive his ambition for revenge. Yeah, nah.

ROTFL

• Like 1

Agreed. Definitely not in the same league...

Capture.PNG

yysw275972.jpg

yysw275978.jpg

8 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Simple question- Do American Magic know, without doubt, that their first AC75 can survive a capsize directly comparable to ETNZ's AC75? 

(Here is a hint- calculations, assumptions, indirect comparisons, etc... are irrelevant in answering that question.)

12 minutes ago, atwinda said:

Simple question- Do American Magic know, without doubt, that their first AC75 can survive a capsize directly comparable to ETNZ's AC75? 

(Here is a hint- calculations, assumptions, indirect comparisons, etc... are irrelevant in answering that question.)

Some teams do that testing on a Mule instead of the race boat.... and build stability into the hull.

3 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

Some teams do that testing on a Mule instead of the race boat.... and build stability into the hull.

Some teams also 100% know their race boat can survive a capsize. 

26 minutes ago, atwinda said:

Some teams also 100% know their race boat can survive a capsize. 

Assuming they capsize in the same slow motion way, which is not a given during racing.

1 minute ago, The_Alchemist said:

Assuming they capsize in the same slow motion way, which is not a given during racing.

I encourage you to review the original question and hint. I think you'll find that I accounted for both of your points.

I don’t trust anything of what AM public. Look at us, look at us, we’re so stable ! Look at this jibe, look at this tack, we are super stable! Yeah, whatever. Oil plants are also very stable, but not renowned for their speed. 

15 minutes ago, Zaal said:

I don’t trust anything of what AM public. Look at us, look at us, we’re so stable ! Look at this jibe, look at this tack, we are super stable! Yeah, whatever. Oil plants are also very stable, but not renowned for their speed. 

There's plenty of third party video out there to show they are capable of performing manoeuvres reliably.  What's not clear is just how fast AM is, or more importantly - is capable of being.  Not that that matters right now - although it's always nice to know you're on the pace.. 

If they jump ship to a skiff design for their B2 then Defiant has been an expensive testing and proving exercise and some of what they've learned may need to be relearned and some of their developments may need significant re-working too... but if they believe they can continue to develop Defiant into a B2 that's at least as quick as anyone else, then they're probably in a good space right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, atwinda said:

Nice try in scrambling to spin something positive out of obvious failure.

But okay, I'll play...

I can unequivocally and empirically guarantee that the boat on it's side will lose to the boat on its foils. Every. Single. Time.

Like the last two America's cups, the design contest was won primarily with what you couldn't see, not so much what you could...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

I can unequivocally and empirically guarantee that the boat on it's side will lose to the boat on its foils. Every. Single. Time.

and also true

I can unequivocally and empirically guarantee that the boat on it's side will win to the boat on its foils. Every. Single. Time.

being as how they will never race together

so both will always be true .. and always be false at the same time

we call them

shrodaddies dumb statements

7 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

being as how they will never race together

so both will always be true .. and always be false at the same time

You could almost certainly argue that neither of those boats will ever win (or lose) a race.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

You could almost certainly argue that neither of those boats will ever win (or lose) a race.

At least your post is logical. Do they not grasp the concept in KiwiLand?

Given the Quantum sails link it almost makes sense that Defiant could be renamed Schrodinger's boat.  It is simultaneously both the fastest and slowest AC75 ever built.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phill_nz said:

I can unequivocally and empirically guarantee that the boat on it's side will win to the boat on its foils. Every. Single. Time.

I can unequivocally garantee that the boat on it's side will not win the match, it is on a ship now and will be dismantled upon arrival for another one. Te aihe is old story now.

5 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

I can unequivocally garantee that the boat on it's side will not win the match, it is on a ship now and will be dismantled upon arrival for another one. Te aihe is old story now.

I have no specific knowledge by which to decry your assertion that Te Aihe will be dismantled, but I do wonder why you're so sure this will be so?  Do you know more, or is this just an assumption on your part?

Given the ability of ETNZ under the protocol to 2 boat test from the start date of the challenger series, I can't imagine that Te Aihe won't be up and foiling alongside B2 when ETNZ can.

5 minutes ago, Skipstone said:

I have no specific knowledge by which to decry your assertion that Te Aihe will be dismantled, but I do wonder why you're so sure this will be so?  Do you know more, or is this just an assumption on your part?

Given the ability of ETNZ under the protocol to 2 boat test from the start date of the challenger series, I can't imagine that Te Aihe won't be up and foiling alongside B2 when ETNZ can.

Read in a kiwi paper, I think it's Gladwell, not sure, some will tell. Anyway and whatever happens, the boat as we know it will not race the match.

Just now, Tornado-Cat said:

Anyway and whatever happens, the boat as we know it will not race the match.

Einstein....  Was there ever, ever, ever the remotest contemplation that it might...?

4 minutes ago, Skipstone said:

Einstein....  Was there ever, ever, ever the remotest contemplation that it might...?

Yes, I can unequivocally garantee ...

42 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Yes, I can unequivocally garantee ...

SO... ETNZ with Luna Rossa go and create a new AC75 class and establish that competing syndicates for the Americas Cup can build 2 yachts each... 

And it always somehow intended that it wouldn't need to build a second...? 

Or did it just believe its first boat would be faster than any of the other 6 (or 7 - its own 2nd boat included if/when built)?  

So which was it?  I can't wait to hear the basis for your unequivocal guarantee...

1 hour ago, Tornado-Cat said:

as etnz always had plans to race b1 against b2 they will have all the equipment necessary to do that ( there is also no guarantee that all or most teams don't already have 2 sets of foil arms )

from mem whoever wrote about the pirating of b1 for b2 wasn't writing about etnz

and i think shrodaddy has forgotten he phrased it as the boat on its side ( etnz specifically )

and the boat on it's foils ( the usa one specifically )

he did not say A boat for either

1 hour ago, Skipstone said:

SO... ETNZ with Luna Rossa go and create a new AC75 class and establish that competing syndicates for the Americas Cup can build 2 yachts each... 

And it always somehow intended that it wouldn't need to build a second...? 

Or did it just believe its first boat would be faster than any of the other 6 (or 7 - its own 2nd boat included if/when built)?  

So which was it?  I can't wait to hear the basis for your unequivocal guarantee...

Better put this conundrum on Licks plate being the resident head poohbah of all things B1 vs B2.

CE4E9413-6845-4574-85C3-DE3B1648B62A.thumb.jpeg.06041fcc1c5ff971075d5a99813ba7bc.jpeg

If it's a race to the bottom - AM will never catch these guys. The Emiratis have proven repeatedly that they are fast at going deep!

Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 5.43.45 PM.png

A different league altogether. Heh.

7 hours ago, Skipstone said:

Na, that was me banging on that B1 will get canabalized for b2. Seeing as it's now a whole iteration in the past with the success of b1.5, the team wasn't especially happy with it, and they have a history of repurposing bits; didn't the winches on Te Aihe come from an older boat?

31 minutes ago, barfy said:

Na, that was me banging on that B1 will get canabalized for b2. Seeing as it's now a whole iteration in the past with the success of b1.5, the team wasn't especially happy with it, and they have a history of repurposing bits; didn't the winches on Te Aihe come from an older boat?

Maybe they will use B1.5 as the trial horse this time round but I still find it hard to look past the value the team might get from sailing two fullsize AC75 vessels, not to mention the test comparison value of a full scale alternate platform to model against.  I'm sure the team's 'waste not - want not' approach will see many things re-purposed or re-used, but I suspect there is value yet in Te Aihe continuing to play a role right on up to the cup match.  Besides which, should anything happen to B2, ETNZ would still need a boat to defend in.

Still waiting for TC's unequivocal guarantee to be unveiled...

Plus they have more people to sub in if any get sick. 

The Italian video duo just put out a new one commenting on AM’s cocpit, - some interesting technical points, runners for instance. In Italian so far, expect the English version

20 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

Nice try in scrambling to spin something positive out of obvious failure.

But okay, I'll play...

I asked you a question- you didn't answer. Plain and simple. I did not "spin" anything. Answer the question.

As far as your guarantee goes- ETNZ has already proven that they can still win the America's Cup after their AC50 was on it's side. FACT.

10 minutes ago, atwinda said:

I asked you a question- you didn't answer. Plain and simple. I did not "spin" anything. Answer the question.

As far as your guarantee goes- ETNZ has already proven that they can still win the America's Cup after their AC50 was on it's side. FACT.

Welcome back @atwinda! As a new rite of passage, join the rest of the forum participants by simply popping that particular specimen into the ignore bucket.

17 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Read in a kiwi paper, I think it's Gladwell, not sure, some will tell. Anyway and whatever happens, the boat as we know it will not race the match.

What will we know it as? The Gladwell said so?

1 hour ago, atwinda said:

Don't forget it started on it's face...

11 hours ago, Skipstone said:

Maybe they will use B1.5 as the trial horse this time round but I still find it hard to look past the value the team might get from sailing two fullsize AC75 vessels, not to mention the test comparison value of a full scale alternate platform to model against.  I'm sure the team's 'waste not - want not' approach will see many things re-purposed or re-used, but I suspect there is value yet in Te Aihe continuing to play a role right on up to the cup match.  Besides which, should anything happen to B2, ETNZ would still need a boat to defend in.

I fully expect the NZ test boat (B1.5) to be the second boat to sail against B2.  The test boat is nearly as fast and more maneuverable that B1 so it will be more than adequate to use for testing tactics.  B1.5 is fully equipped, requires a smaller crew, can use optimized foils, etc...

Running two AC75 requires some much more full sized equipment that counts against the limits in the rules.  The foils on B1 were test foils and will not be competitive with the “optimized” foils on B2 anyway.  They would also have to build two completely different control systems, full sized sails, full sized crews, etc...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Skipstone said:

Good points,and would be cool to see them both. A backup would be advantageous, then again, the parts inventory may be enough.

I just see this team as really focused on efficiency, and there would be so much wasted effort maintaining and sailing two of these beasts.

Not that long to wait, last month went in a blink of an eye ha ha

32 minutes ago, barfy said:

Good points,and would be cool to see them both. A backup would be advantageous, then again, the parts inventory may be enough.

I just see this team as really focused on efficiency, and there would be so much wasted effort maintaining and sailing two of these beasts.

Not that long to wait, last month went in a blink of an eye ha ha

Except maybe from the standpoint of needing an insurance policy, say in case they end up within a mile of Ben.... or some other such unforeseen catastrophic event.  ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skipstone said:

Except maybe from the standpoint of needing an insurance policy, say in case they end up within a mile of Ben.... or some other such unforeseen catastrophic event.  ;)

I'm far from convinced we'll ever see Ben sail into the dock again...

6 hours ago, atwinda said:

Judging by how you can't seem to get out of your own way intellectually on these matters, though you're aggressively convinced otherwise, I'm guessing you're Kiwi?

Your spin was that there was a strategic/tactical/whatever advantage to falling over dead in the water. And that is just stupid...for many, many reasons. The main things proven by that particular incident are:

1. PBungle and the Emiratis simply haven't shown the ability to control their AC75 through the range of conditions, speeds, and maneuvers necessary to be seen as a real contender. I've already - very graciously - outlined the well-documented, too-numerous-to-count, spray-soaked failures of this struggling team and its boat...apparently to the point of breaking off their own sprit by their out-of-control crashes. That's not me speculating or throwing shade or anything else. It's simply fact - right there in these photos and videos we've all seen over the last many months. Will that change? Who knows? It sure as hell better if the Emiratis have any desire or expectation whatsoever to hold on to the shiny for Ahmed.

2. Despite the widely touted claims and promises otherwise by the Emiratis (including lousy animations and music early in the game), their AC75 was inexplicably unable to right itself. Again, failure...at the precise moment success was needed.

Now, what you choose to do with these facts is completely up to you. But I have neither the time nor the desire to help you try to find some ridiculous way around them just so you can feel better. They are what they are.

I do hope, for AM's sake, that the Emiratis are indeed as completely deluded as the KiWhingersTM on this forum - seeing all this failure as "strategic mastery" and "nothing to worry about because - history!" and "being in a completely different league" than everyone else. But I honestly don't think they are as stupid as their countrymen here. Surely not.

We'll see.

As for my guarantee - it stands...even if you can't fully comprehend it yourself.

* warning *

trumpsdaddy gibberish and unfounded garbage post alert

On 4/29/2020 at 4:39 AM, smackdaddy said:

Capture.PNG

Nope...

These guys are still using the training wheel...

12 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

Judging by how you can't seem to get out of your own way intellectually on these matters, though you're aggressively convinced otherwise, I'm guessing you're Kiwi?

Your spin was that there was a strategic/tactical/whatever advantage to falling over dead in the water. And that is just stupid...for many, many reasons. The main things proven by that particular incident are:

1. PBungle and the Emiratis simply haven't shown the ability to control their AC75 through the range of conditions, speeds, and maneuvers necessary to be seen as a real contender. I've already - very graciously - outlined the well-documented, too-numerous-to-count, spray-soaked failures of this struggling team and its boat...apparently to the point of breaking off their own sprit by their out-of-control crashes. That's not me speculating or throwing shade or anything else. It's simply fact - right there in these photos and videos we've all seen over the last many months. Will that change? Who knows? It sure as hell better if the Emiratis have any desire or expectation whatsoever to hold on to the shiny for Ahmed.

2. Despite the widely touted claims and promises otherwise by the Emiratis (including lousy animations and music early in the game), their AC75 was inexplicably unable to right itself. Again, failure...at the precise moment success was needed.

Now, what you choose to do with these facts is completely up to you. But I have neither the time nor the desire to help you try to find some ridiculous way around them just so you can feel better. They are what they are.

I do hope, for AM's sake, that the Emiratis are indeed as completely deluded as the KiWhingersTM on this forum - seeing all this failure as "strategic mastery" and "nothing to worry about because - history!" and "being in a completely different league" than everyone else. But I honestly don't think they are as stupid as their countrymen here. Surely not.

We'll see.

As for my guarantee - it stands...even if you can't fully comprehend it yourself.

Internesting statement from someone who hasn't been able to answer a simple question.

3 hours ago, atwinda said:

Internesting statement from someone who hasn't been able to answer a simple question.

Lordy, lordy, you HAVE to be a Kiwi to be this confused and aggro at the same time. It wasn't a "simple" question. It was a stupid question. And I don't usually spend time on those.

But because you seem to need a lot of hand-holding...and because I'm a very generous person, particularly with uninformed newbs who are just chucking gumboots...here we go...

On 4/28/2020 at 2:05 PM, atwinda said:

Yes. No question. Watch the video. It's just that AM have obviously been far more capable and in control of their boat than ETNZ. Remember, "surviving" capsizes and faceplants during races is fine - but it certainly won't bring you the bling. That's perfectly self-evident.

The question you really should be asking is this:

Do ETNZ know, without doubt, that their AC75 can self-right after a capsize out on "the course"?

Chew on that one a while. And if you can't wrap your head around it, ask an Australian to explain it to you. Heh.

17 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Lordy, lordy, you HAVE to be a Kiwi to be this confused and aggro at the same time. It wasn't a "simple" question. It was a stupid question. And I don't usually spend time on those.

But because you seem to need a lot of hand-holding...and because I'm a very generous person, particularly with uninformed newbs who are just chucking gumboots...here we go...

Yes. No question. Watch the video. It's just that AM have obviously been far more capable and in control of their boat than ETNZ. Remember, "surviving" capsizes and faceplants during races is fine - but it certainly won't bring you the bling. That's perfectly self-evident.

Do ETNZ know, without doubt, that their AC75 can self-right after a capsize out on "the course"?

Chew on that one a while. And if you can't wrap your head around it, ask an Australian to explain it to you. Heh.

God job! You finally answered! I mean it's only taken you three posts to spew absolute bull shit and make wild false assertions, but don't let the real world get in your way, right?

As for your answer on the other hand - "Yes. No question. Watch the video". I haven't seen a video of AM capsizing their AC75. Care to share?

29 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

And obviously the question to your competely off base question is, No. They don't. Nor do any of the other teams. So what's your point?

Do we have any extremely patient and goodhearted Australians in the house willing to take in a gumboot-chucking stray?

I've done all I can.

2 hours ago, atwinda said:

And obviously the question to your competely off base question is, No. They don't. Nor do any of the other teams. So what's your point?

The point is:

PLEASE DON'T QUOTE THE TROLL!!!

It's kind of a convention that has evolved to save whatever sanity remains.

I don't know - maybe you KiWhingersTM need to give each other a little room?

img_3309.jpeg

I know your islands are pretty small, but seriously...

PS - Is this what atwindle meant by "Internesting"?

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, NZL3481 said:

It still stinks of dogshit in here...

This wasn't funny or relevant the first 8 times you wrote this and it certainly isn't now. You fucking kiwis are just so thin skinned you can't take any criticism. I've never seen a group of people that are just such a bunch of fucking pussies.

trumpsdaddy hasn't had his daily detol hit or uv bulb insertion

he get a bit antsy when that happens

3 minutes ago, Filthy Phill said:

If your skins so thick....why do you care.

Just scroll on by

When you're as big of fags as you kiwis are it's awful hard to ignore.

And here we go. When the loudly proclaimed "ignoring" runs its course, it inevitably turns to tears...

sa_kiwis_feelings.png

What is it with these guys?

i presume thats for me

i have never ignored you .. laughed at your stupidity at times maybe .. but never ignored

that status has and is only held by the puss thing from france

you should never judge a whole country by only a few examples

otherwise we would consider the usa a bunch of fuckwits .. yet most here are not

1 hour ago, pusslicker said:

This wasn't funny or relevant the first 8 times you wrote this and it certainly isn't now. You fucking kiwis are just so thin skinned you can't take any criticism. I've never seen a group of people that are just such a bunch of fucking pussies.

You might want to check your facts as to who you assume are Kiwi's.

What's that smell?

1 hour ago, pusslicker said:

When you're as big of fags as you kiwis are it's awful hard to ignore.

Ouch an insult from the 90s.....come on you can be more creative.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

Really guys.... grow up.  Some of us want to read about AC news.

+1001

FWIW, I have seen American Magic multiple times running up and down Pensacola Bay with both the Mule and Defiant. I spoken to several of the leadership and crew.

We will beat all competition.......and that’s the truth Ruth!

Go American Magic, go USA!

• Like 2

and flowers gave forth bloom

and the sky's clouded with pixi fairies and giant golden dragons

and the world was good

and then i woke

2 hours ago, Woods Rider said:

FWIW, I have seen American Magic multiple times running up and down Pensacola Bay with both the Mule and Defiant. I spoken to several of the leadership and crew.

Well I've not seen the big show. But I agree, they're into the match.

Where they will run up against the tricksters. Then it will be au revoir. ( so you can understand troll cat)

7 hours ago, Woods Rider said:

Any other insight you can give us?  Are they able to start out and get up on the foils quickly without a tow?  Are the two boats sailing against each other?  Etc...

The spy boats have all seen any observations that you can make.  It is just some of the inside comments that  you should be careful with...

10 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

Any other insight you can give us?  Are they able to start out and get up on the foils quickly without a tow?  Are the two boats sailing against each other?  Etc...

The spy boats have all seen any observations that you can make.  It is just some of the inside comments that  you should be careful with...

I hear you and agree! Let the results speak for themselves. 

I will say that I read this thread because it’s about Team NYYC. I believe they will have a committed team, a scar fast boat that tacks like a slot car and a chip on their shoulder. 

Go American Magic!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Woods Rider said:

I hear you and agree! Let the results speak for themselves. 

I will say that I read this thread because it’s about Team NYYC. I believe they will have a committed team, a scar fast boat that tacks like a slot car and a chip on their shoulder. 

Go American Magic!

I am sure they look forward to being invited to buddy's White House to get Medal of Freedom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeedAClew said:

I am sure they look forward to being invited to buddy's White House to get Medal of Freedom. 

Hopefully buddy is dead or voted out by the the time of the next cup.

Good to see the Emiratis still finding the bottom just as they get up to racing speed...

yysw285736.jpg

Brilliant strategy. League of their own. And all that...

trolling again

5 hours ago, pusslicker said:

Hopefully buddy is dead or voted out by the the time of the next cup.

Given the protests from the living dead, gun waving Trump supporters that are too stupid to realise that they're being kept indoors for their own safety, I'm not so sure of that.

1.2 million infected wit COVID-19, 30 million out of work, 70,000 dead - I'm just waiting for buddy to say just what a great job he's done managing this pandemic and his brain dead supporters believing it.

You can't make this shit up...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

trolling again

No, just showing the facts for all to see - while providing astute analysis. If I were "trolling" I'd do it in the mostly useless ETNZ thread - not this one.

So in that respect, I believe it's you who is "trolling" in this NYYC thread of mine.

You may leave now.

Dunno why it's here. There are watch parties from last year's races to excerpt and reprise over in its thread. This is not its thread. 

10 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Ok, I’ll bite , but just for fun. You assholes that beat down our country and it’s duly elected leaders need to take moment and reflect on what we’re about......we may not agree....we may not like each other’s choices but when the chips are down, we are on the same team. 

Go American Magic...go USA! 

17 minutes ago, Woods Rider said:

You assholes that beat down our country and it’s duly elected leaders need to take moment and reflect on what we’re about

we know what you're about.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Woods Rider said:

Ok, I’ll bite , but just for fun. You assholes that beat down our country and it’s duly elected leaders need to take moment and reflect on what we’re about......we may not agree....we may not like each other’s choices but when the chips are down, we are on the same team

So long as you felt that way for the 44th also...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

So long as you felt that way for the 44th also...

Sure did. And I’m a Steeler fan too!

Good. Wash your hands and don't  touch your face.

• Like 2

Charlie Daniels said it well in his song 

Well the eagle's been flyin' slow
And the flag's been flyin' low
And a lot of people sayin' that America's fixin' to fall
Well speakin' just for me
And some people from Tennessee
We've got a thing or two to tell you all
This lady may have stumbled
But she ain't never fell
And if the Russians don't believe that 
They can all go straight to hell
We're gonna put her feet back
On the path of righteousness and then
God bless America again

[CHORUS]
And you never did think
That it ever would happen again (In America, did you?) 
You never did think
That we'd ever get together again
(We damn sure fooled you)
Yeah, we're walkin' real proud
And we're talkin' real loud again (In America)
You never did think
That it ever would happen again

From The Sound up in Long Island 
Out to San Francisco Bay 
And everything that's in between them is our own 
And we may have done a little bit 
Of fightin' amongst ourselves 
But you outside people best leave us alone 
'Cause we'll all stick together 
And you can take that to the bank 
That's the cowboys and the hippies 
And the rebels and the yanks 
You just go and lay your hand 
On a Pittsburgh Steelers' fan 
And I think you're gonna finally understand

[CHORUS]
And you never did think
You never did think
You never did think

[Instrumental]

[CHORUS]
And you never did think
You never did think
You never did think

But,  nobody said it better than AL himself, 

From whence shall we expect the approach of danger? Shall some trans-Atlantic military giant step the earth and crush us at a blow? Never. All the armies of Europe and Asia...could not by force take a drink from the Ohio River or make a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years. No, if destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide.”

3 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Dunno why it's here. There are watch parties from last year's races to excerpt and reprise over in its thread. This is not its thread. 

For someone who has a penchant for "pronoun enforcement" - a bit hypocritical wouldn't you say?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woods Rider said:

As a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide.

Once upon a time, your "nation of free men" was defined by its ability to work together, prepared to give up short-term personal freedoms while united in the cause of freedom for all.

In the current political climate, many Americans think a "nation of free men" means that their personal rights & freedoms over-ride all else, even the safety of their fellow citizens and health workers.

Perhaps they prefer the suicide option.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Woods Rider said:

But,  nobody said it better than AL himself

But that was a man with dignity, not some puffed up used car salesman game show host who won because of a FB analytics algorithm.

Please newby, take yur flag waving shit over to PA and liberate that thread.

Cheers,

Out.

2 hours ago, weta27 said:

Once upon a time, your "nation of free men" was defined by its ability to work together, prepared to give up short-term personal freedoms while united in the cause of freedom for all.

In the current political climate, many Americans think a "nation of free men" means that their personal rights & freedoms over-ride all else, even the safety of their fellow citizens and health workers.

Perhaps they prefer the suicide option.

They'd be the unemployed ones whose health insurance evaporated with their job.

They'll be well cared for left in the carpark in the US medical system with no ability to pay when they can't breathe, but at least they'll die happy enjoying their freedom...

5 hours ago, Woods Rider said:

You assholes that beat down our country and it’s duly elected leaders

What part of the great American dream are you presently occupying Comrade.