7 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

I hid that post almost immediately,, thinking, end the madness. Get back to NYYC. Good that you carry it along.

Yeah, I think it's racist. Or at the very least, culturally offensive. 

PS like the Washington Football Team's former moniker

of course you do. the guy was making an obvious joke, maybe tasteless, but funny IMO. i'm sure you think Team AM is racist too. maybe one day you can begin to think for yourself. funny how you couldn't come up with a defense so you use some bs as your example. one has NOTHING  to do with the other. one is rooted in a culture and needed to go, the other is something you have decided is the same. please go back to shitting on american teams, your diatribe was easier to digest that way.

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

I hid that post almost immediately,, thinking, end the madness. Get back to NYYC. Good that you carry it along.

Yeah, I think it's racist. Or at the very least, culturally offensive. 

PS like the Washington Football Team's former moniker

Te Aihe was named by representatives of the local Iwi, Ngati Whatua Orakei. To mock/ joke about a name that holds cultural significance to the indigenous people of NZ (of which I am one) is at the very least, offensive, and could be deemed by some to be racist, especially now. 

Shit this thread has gotten pretty heavy ATM with lot's of emotions running riot. The trick for me is to not take things too seriously.  Back to sailing glad AM survived the above scare. I just hope nobody ever get's killed or hurt with these machines for the sake of the event. COVID is enough to deal with.  I also want to see all challengers do well, hell we only have 3 of them.! Bring it on...:rolleyes:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Shit this thread has gotten pretty heavy ATM with lot's of emotions running riot. The trick for me is to not take things too seriously.  Back to sailing glad AM survived the above scare. I just hope nobody ever get's killed or hurt with these machines for the sake of the event. COVID is enough to deal with.  I also want to see all challengers do well, hell we only have 3 of them.! Bring it on...:rolleyes:

The only way to survive any internet forum with most of your sanity intact...:rolleyes:

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Te Aihe was named by representatives of the local Iwi, Ngati Whatua Orakei. To mock/ joke about a name that holds cultural significance to the indigenous people of NZ (of which I am one) is at the very least, offensive, and could be deemed by some to be racist, especially now. 

I'm all for patriotism, and getting behind your team, but that doesn't green-light being a fuckwit toward people from the UAE or NZ, or anywhere else for that matter.

56 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Get a grip if you think Te Aihe is of any deep cultural significance to the tangata whenua of Aotearoa you are off in cloud cuckoo land.

Its a Ngati Pakeha plaything.

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Get a grip if you think Te Aihe is of any deep cultural significance to the tangata whenua of Aotearoa you are off in cloud cuckoo land.

So what's the view like from "cloud cuckoo land"??:blink:

26 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

You should send your CV to Donald Trump for a job at the State Department. With comments like that, I reckon they'll hold the door open for you...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Ignorant prick. It was named and blessed by Iwi representatives. A blessing ceremony was held for the boat involving a Karakia and traditional Maori blessing. That makes it culturally significant. You can’t get just Joe Bloggs Maori guy around the corner to bless a boat on his way home from the pub. It has to be done by a person who has status, and done according to protocol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Teaky said:

I'm all for patriotism, and getting behind your team, but that doesn't green-light being a fuckwit toward people from the UAE or NZ, or anywhere else for that matter.

No ones being a fucktard toward anyone.

Someone inside Paremoremo should save us the $100k/year to keep this animal alive for the rest of his natural life!!

Tarrant.thumb.jpg.cf903dd87c41503ffbe11de5ae56d7c3.jpg

27 minutes ago, Indio said:

Someone inside Paremoremo should save us the $100k/year to keep this animal alive for the rest of his natural life!!

15 minutes and an unlocked door should do it, then DHL what's left to anyone who cares in Australia...

Take that shit to PA you people.

Besides, keeping him in a box to live out a miserable life is a better punishment than the coward's way out.

Just now, meanermachine said:

Besides, keeping him in a box to live out a miserable life is a better punishment than the coward's way out.

Why should we pay to keep him alive in a box for the next 30-40 years? Better still, deport the animal to Australia.

2 hours ago, Indio said:

I’m actually in favour of the sentence being served in a Saudi prison. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indio said:

Some significant issues have yet to been dealt with. Police granting him a license ignoring due diligence and obvious warnings in his application. Local gun club owner warning the police shortly before. Local gun dealer warning the police about him buying undue quantities of ammunition to point they insisted the police sign off his purchase of 2,700 rounds of ammunition a week before the incident. This latter point was shut down when the dealer tried to present this to the commission review of the new gun laws. 

3 hours ago, Teaky said:

FFS, the CEO of Emirates is His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum. Calling Te Aihe "Te Ahmed" is about as racist and offensive as calling OTUSA "Team Larry". Maybe Barack Obama can explain things.

Now can we please put all the irrelevant non–NYYC shit in other threads and leave this one to its original purpose?

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, chesirecat said:

Some significant issues have yet to been dealt with. Police granting him a license ignoring due diligence and obvious warnings in his application. Local gun club owner warning the police shortly before. Local gun dealer warning the police about him buying undue quantities of ammunition to point they insisted the police sign off his purchase of 2,700 rounds of ammunition a week before the incident. This latter point was shut down when the dealer tried to present this to the commission review of the new gun laws. 

That's very interesting information. Whereabouts on the Royal Commission on the Christchurch attack site would we find your information?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RobG said:

Calling Te Aihe "Te Ahmed" is about as racist and offensive as calling OTUSA "Team Larry". Maybe Barack Obama can explain things.

I am Maori, and yes. it IS offensive. 

I guess the Washington Redskins name isn't offensive either? many Native Americans would disagree with you.

I guess calling Covid the "China virus" isn't offensive either right? Millions of Chinese people would disagree with you.

But of course, its all good right? Its just a joke right? Its all in jest right? - Its called casual racism. And its NOT ok.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Only if you're not the one on the receiving end of it. I guess the Washington Redskins name isn't offensive either? many Native Americans would disagree with you.

I guess calling Covid the "China virus" isn't offensive either right? Millions of Chinese people would disagree with you.

I guess its all good as long as you're not the one being insulted.

ForClarke you certainly haven’t lost anytime in occupying the recently vacated village idiots chair.

Te Aihe funded by Te Ahmed bomber of hospitals and babies is just a rather exorbitantly expensive lump of epoxy coated carbon not a revered taonga crafted by tohunga.

Crikey when Te Aihe kissed the waters of the sparkling Waitemata for the first time Shoebridge couldn’t  pronounce her name nor translate what it meant typical Ngati Pakeha.

Sorry didn’t quite catch what your tribe is, we are Ngati Tipperary and Ngati Awa.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, meanermachine said:

Agreed. This guy has already taken too much energy from the rest of us. Let’s not give him any more. 

• Like 1

For fucks sake no pics of this fucking idiot who will go nameless with the combined effort of all the good people on this fairly balanced forum. No. Pics. Please.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Indio said:

What the fuck are you doing wasting bits with this pic. On a sailing forum. Please fo

Really nice job fucking this thread up ... I am reminded why I took a six month break from this place.

• Like 1

No kidding. Why are we even talking about Flipper in the NYYC thread?

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 6:49 PM, Forourselves said:

I’ll troll someone only AFTER they troll Me. What you don’t like is I have picked a team, I support that team. You are trying to fault them on something... anything, even if it doesn’t exist. If they cheat, break the rules or get caught doing some kind of underhanded shit like Oracle did, Ill be the first to call them out. Until then, Just know I’ll pick a hill and die on it, where you’d rather just call people names like a petulant little 5 year old trying to bully the new kid at school. You won’t pick a team because you’re scared. You’re afraid they’ll get carved up by my team so you sit on the fence saying “I’m here for the technology” while at the same time bagging the technology you claim to be here for so you cover for your own insecurities by insulting Me. Guess what dickhead... sticks and stones and all that jazz. You make up conspiracy theories and try to pass them off as fact. And then when someone asks for proof, you say you can’t be bothered looking for it but it exists... somewhere. So next time you call me a troll, look in the damn mirror.

Classic - I am a troll, but...... Saved for posterity. 

pot-kettle.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Should've just put him in front of a firing squad.

Or just toss him overboard from one of the chase ribs in front of Te Aihe and Defiant to test their foils on. 

8 hours ago, Indio said:

Why did you post this here and not Reddit?

3 hours ago, XPRO said:

Really nice job fucking this thread up ... I am reminded why I took a six month break from this place.

You should probably leave for longer the next time. 

2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

You should probably leave for longer the next time. 

Shame you feel that way, I left when a shit ton of racist posts started posting here.  We know each other and I have been contributing since 2005 I thought i have brought a lot of useful content to the community, whether insides scoops from world championships , MEDCUP , past cups, sailing making insider shit, this is exactly why folks walk away from here.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Forourselves said:

I guess the Washington Redskins name isn't offensive either? many Native Americans would disagree with you.

But of course, its all good right? Its just a joke right? Its all in jest right? - Its called casual racism. And its NOT ok.

Tell that to your mate Salty Seacock.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

Tell that to your mate Salty Seacock.

Obviously he said something that offended you. Why don't you tell him since you obviously remember what it was that offended you.

This place is a cesspool of petty bickering and bullshit and an example of letting anarchy go to far. It's sad that despite there being no rules, people don't aspire to a higher level of discourse than what goes on here.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, JustinL42 said:

This place is a cesspool of petty bickering and bullshit and an example of letting anarchy go to far. It's sad that despite there being no rules, people don't aspire to a higher level of discourse than what goes on here.

Its what happens when nothing is happening. Once the racing starts, that will be the focus.

• Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Obviously he said something that offended you. Why don't you tell him since you obviously remember what it was that offended you.

If you think describing Africans as dirty thieves is a polite and decent way to generalise about an entire continent of people then that’s on you. That’s what SSC said. 

that’s what he did and didn’t get fuck all from the mods.

yet a bloke that hasnt sailed Or raced enough is at Cleans mercy.. I suggest the only reason clean didn’t flick him was because the vote idea went down so badly it due to abuse of power and how transparent it was he backed down. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XPRO said:

It's gotta be said, why did you re-post it?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

If you think describing Africans as dirty thieves is a polite and decent way to generalise about an entire continent of people then that’s on you. That’s what SSC said. 

that’s what he did and didn’t get fuck all from the mods.

yet a bloke that hasnt sailed Or raced enough is at Cleans mercy.. I suggest the only reason clean didn’t flick him was because the vote idea went down so badly it due to abuse of power and how transparent it was he backed down. 

Obviously I don't agree with that. But at the end of the day, it wasn't said to Me. If it was, I would've said something. What the mods do about it is up to them, I have no influence over that.

My 2 cents with SD, I think he should stay. As you point out, there's been plenty worse said here. The guy is a troll whether he likes it or not. But its neither here nor there with Me. As long as he can take as good as he gives. Obviously him and Clean have history, but to ban a guy because he does'n't sail seems a bit extreme. But its his Forum, I guess he makes the rules (and enforces them).

End of the day, no matter who it is, where it is, when it is, casual racism should NEVER be acceptable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forourselves said:

I get that some may dislike the less than flattering names used in this forum. 

I am offended by much of stuff posted here, but typically just shrug it off given that the forum chose anarchy as part of it's name.  

I actually resent Kiwi types wanting special treatment for their boat given the general 'name abuse' they heap on the other teams, team members and boats.

If the Kiwi boat name really is that special, I recommend that they start lobbying for a cessation of all name abuse in SAAC just so that we can all be equally politically correct (fat chance).

5 hours ago, XPRO said:

To annoy you, of course..:blink:

30 minutes ago, P Flados said:

I am offended by much of stuff posted here, but typically just shrug it off given that the forum chose anarchy as part of it's name.  

I actually resent Kiwi types wanting special treatment for their boat given the general 'name abuse' they heap on the other teams, team members and boats.

If the Kiwi boat name really is that special, I recommend that they start lobbying for a cessation of all name abuse in SAAC just so that we can all be equally politically correct (fat chance).

There's something eerily familiar with your attempt at equivalency...do you own a MAGA cap, by any chance? I suppose you were quite happy with the "Redskins" team name??

43 minutes ago, P Flados said:

Usually it’s guys like TC, SD and SR that like to give names to the different boats. This is “Anarchy” so the lines are often blurred, and if people wanna insult each other (name calling etc) that is often shrugged off, but when it comes to flat out discrimination, we as people should really be aware of societal issues and realise what’s ok and what’s not ok. Just because we’re on here shouldn’t mean we are free to say or do what ever we can’t say or do outside. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Just because we’re on here shouldn’t mean we are free to say or do what ever we can’t say or do outside. 

Crikey maybe you should pack up your whare filled with endless petulant TNZ fervour and shuffle off to Practical Boating.

anarchy
/ˈanəki/

noun

1. 1. 
    a state of disorder due to absence or non-recognition of authority or other controlling systems.
    "he must ensure public order in a country threatened with anarchy"

>

15 hours ago, Teaky said:

Or AM. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Forourselves said:

No ones being a fucktard toward anyone.

Really?  Don’t look in the mirror much, do ya?

The Washington NFL team name was a poor choice.  It was not intended to be racist, but that name has been wrongly used in other contexts where it clearly was racist.

Associating the Kiwi boat with the name Ahmed is not racist.  Ahmed paid to have 'Emirates' at the front of Team New Zealand.  

Now there are plenty of racist names and phrases that could be applied based on where the money comes from but the only one I have seen that even comes close implies a despicable act against babies and hospitals.

If a Kiwi fan is offended by the name of the man responsible for much of the teams cash, then that fan is probably passing judgement on Ahmed.  I have no first hand knowledge of Ahmed being a 'bad man'.  Do you?

This is the Fckg NYYC thread. 

STOP SPAMMING WITH NZ POLITICS!

I can always go spam the NZ thread with pages of past ESPN college sports highlights again to show what it is like. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, P Flados said:

The Washington NFL team name was a poor choice.  It was not intended to be racist, but that name has been wrongly used in other contexts where it clearly was racist.

Associating the Kiwi boat with the name Ahmed is not racist.  Ahmed paid to have 'Emirates' at the front of Team New Zealand.  

Now there are plenty of racist names and phrases that could be applied based on where the money comes from but the only one I have seen that even comes close implies a despicable act against babies and hospitals.

If a Kiwi fan is offended by the name of the man responsible for much of the teams cash, then that fan is probably passing judgement on Ahmed.  I have no first hand knowledge of Ahmed being a 'bad man'.  Do you?

Redskins has always been racist, it is  just that those who in power didn’t care. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

This is the Fckg NYYC thread. 

STOP SPAMMING WITH NZ POLITICS!

I can always go spam the NZ thread with pages of past ESPN college sports highlights again to show what it is like. 

If Amway got out on the sparkling Waitemata with more regularity sailing something that was not such a unreliable slow eyesore the thread drift would cease:P

13 minutes ago, P Flados said:

So you do own a MAGA cap.

• Like 1

Change of tack. 

Which of the expert photographers (calling our Mike or Weta) can get shots of AM being lifted? Keen to see how the foils compare to their originals and also ETNZ’s. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

If Amway got out on the sparkling Waitemata with more regularity sailing something that was not such a unreliable slow eyesore the thread drift would cease:P

Doubt it very much....  bu she has been out more than NZ.

27 minutes ago, JJD said:

Change of tack. 

Which of the expert photographers (calling our Mike or Weta) can get shots of AM being lifted? Keen to see how the foils compare to their originals and also ETNZ’s. 

I agree, it's actually been a while since we had decent close ups.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Alchemist said:

Really?  Don’t look in the mirror much, do ya?

And how exactly am I being a fucktard? Because you can’t get over yourself? Or because everything you’ve bagged my team for has been proved wrong?

13 hours ago, Indio said:

That's very interesting information. Whereabouts on the Royal Commission on the Christchurch attack site would we find your information?

Private youtube vid. As soon as they brought it up the commissioners shut them down - turned off their recordings

police sale order for BT.jpg

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, chesirecat said:

Private youtube vid. As soon as they brought it up the commissioners shut them down - turned off their recordings

police sale order for BT.jpg

Cheers

Anyone heard anything about the AM mast bending incident they had yesterday?

Carbon fiber doesn’t yield like aluminum and not return to straight. If you load it up beyond its maximum strain it goes snap.  Snap isn’t quite right, the sound is more expensive than that.

SHC

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, he b gb said:

Anyone heard anything about the AM mast bending incident they had yesterday?

Yes. Turns out it was over active SA minds staring at a grainy photo too hard and too long.

• Like 2

Just now, JJD said:

Yes. Turns out it was over active SA minds staring at a grainy photo too hard and too long.

I am less conviced... I feel like something happened...

• Like 1

I’m with you rh3000, Weta says that it actually looked worse through his lens than the photo shows. Also that forestay sag looks far worse than any camera distortion! (Unless Wetas camera is a Go Pro:P)

26 minutes ago, Steve Clark said:

Carbon fiber doesn’t yield like aluminum and not return to straight. If you load it up beyond its maximum strain it goes snap.  Snap isn’t quite right, the sound is more expensive than that.

SHC

That’s true but it will still bend before failing, there’s plenty of room between the lower shroud attachment point and the deck for the mast to bend and soak up the strain without the mast failing .

Repost to assist with on-topicness I'll repost to sequence

DSC_1486.thumb.jpg.05b84e7021292454390b67e0fe0f5187.jpg.2a4e4afdd70782ab7d7bc9470b55836e.jpgDSC_1487.thumb.jpg.57c86c2444e5e6d9938c977ffe8ccbef.jpg.7e6727941f0f934d5ad9bee4981fb983.jpg

I would be very surprised if this is a consequence of motion correction in the image processor.

Immediately following, sail taken down and towed back to base, hasn't emerged since...

It was howling out there when AM sailed yesterday so just in case: 

How many masts are teams allowed to build, is it 2? 

4 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Obviously him and Clean have history, but to ban a guy because he does'n't sail seems a bit extreme

If that is the case then for fucks sake ban Indio.  He has never set foot in a sail boat but he is an expert on everything.

Ban nobody!

Hawke did propagate  some dangerous C19 ideas, so maybe-maybe there was an argument there.

But the list of famous ‘antagonists’ on this forum is a long and legendary one, SBD’s contrary/alternative take on some subjects may have ruffled feathers among a few here but Clean’s threat to ban him was way out of line.

It must be a personal beef problem by Clean against SBD, a personality problem we would all ideally be blissfully ignorant to. The guy was just enjoying having some fun, like the rest of us too. 

1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

And how exactly am I being a fucktard? Because you can’t get over yourself? Or because everything you’ve bagged my team for has been proved wrong?

Ok Little Frump.  You are delusional.  

Her are a few things I said about NZ was
- they would end up switching to the bulbed foil, since they were the outlier.  They have switched at this point (using up some of their 6 total foils).

- that they have less stability when in displacement mode.  This is also correct and has been confirmed by the designers (they did capsize).

- that it first took them longer to get up on the foils than the other B1’s.  This is correct, the first several days were spent being towed, only natural for a team that had not practiced on a test boat.

- that their test boat may be faster, or a much better design than the B1.  Not proved wrong, and some others agree.

- I did think that NZ was done with B1 since they had been spending almost a month exclusively sailing the test boat and B2 is nearing completion.  I was wrong about it and admitted it.

Go ahead and show me prove of anything I “bagged” your team about that was proven wrong!  I am not saying that everything I have ever said is right, just that I don’t go throwing unsubstantiated shit against the wall and spam forums with old fanboy crap.  We have all been speculating on various things, and most of the time, us “experts” on SAAC are wrong.

I have picked on you because you ask for it.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

DSC_1486.thumb.jpg.05b84e7021292454390b67e0fe0f5187.jpg.2a4e4afdd70782ab7d7bc9470b55836e.jpgDSC_1487.thumb.jpg.57c86c2444e5e6d9938c977ffe8ccbef.jpg.7e6727941f0f934d5ad9bee4981fb983.jpg

I would be very surprised if this is a consequence of motion correction in the image processor.

Immediately following, sail taken down and towed back to base, hasn't emerged since...

My Guess is it's some kind of hydraulic failure on the port side foil arm. If the boat was heeled that far to windward, then you'd expect to see the outboard hydrofoil out of the water. The problem is you don't see it.

A full page with what, 4 posts about actual sailing?  Get a fucking life people....

Back on topic, was she foiling on the tow back in?  I wonder if a sudden massive ease of the main sheet could cause the head stay sag issue?  I'm guessing something went bang and everybody unloaded as fast as possible.  What went bang is anybodies guess at this point.

9 hours ago, XPRO said:

Shame you feel that way, I left when a shit ton of racist posts started posting here.  We know each other and I have been contributing since 2005 I thought i have brought a lot of useful content to the community, whether insides scoops from world championships , MEDCUP , past cups, sailing making insider shit, this is exactly why folks walk away from here.  

Believe me, I get it.  I quit this place three years ago for sailing stuff, I just hang out now in between tasks to take out my aggression on liars and trolls.  It's been a very long time since SA was useful for much other than fans far removed from the sweaty side of the sport.

I'm not telling you this place is too good for you, I'm telling you it's poison for your brain and it would be better for you to leave!

5 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

I suggest the only reason clean didn’t flick him was because the vote idea went down so badly it due to abuse of power and how transparent it was he backed down. 

The only thing that scares spammydaddy is the disappearance of his hundreds of thousands of garbage words with the press of a button. It's a troll I have to perform now and again for those who love the look of their words too much. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Ban nobody!

Hawke did propagate  some dangerous C19 ideas, so maybe-maybe there was an argument there.

But the list of famous ‘antagonists’ on this forum is a long and legendary one, SBD’s contrary/alternative take on some subjects may have ruffled feathers among a few here but Clean’s threat to ban him was way out of line.

It must be a personal beef problem by Clean against SBD, a personality problem we would all ideally be blissfully ignorant to. The guy was just enjoying having some fun, like the rest of us too. 

I banned hawke for repeatedly posting debunked covid misinformation.  I have banned MBL several times for being a dirty, disease-infested racist.

35 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Ban nobody!

You're a fun filled idiot. Everyone knows it. I could point to hundreds of posts lumping you in with spamdaddy, Hawke, and troll cat. Hundreds. 

Get over your long and legendary sense of entitlement.

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, NZL3481 said:

My Guess is it's some kind of hydraulic failure on the port side foil arm. If the boat was heeled that far to windward, then you'd expect to see the outboard hydrofoil out of the water. The problem is you don't see it.

And that causes forestay sag how?

Spreader failure is the best guess I've heard, the spreaders are complicated on these rigs.

Good request for some close up haul out photos actually. :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

- they would end up switching to the bulbed foil, since they were the outlier.  They have switched at this point (using up some of their 6 total foils).

they have one and are testing it ,, saying they have switched is stretching

44 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

that it first took them longer to get up on the foils than the other B1’s.  This is correct, the first several days were spent being towed, only natural for a team that had not practiced on a test boat.

they were calibrating  ...  saying they took longer is stretching

45 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

that their test boat may be faster, or a much better design than the B1.  Not proved wrong, and some others agree.

and some dont ... saying that its faster is stretching

46 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

that they have less stability when in displacement mode.  This is also correct and has been confirmed by the designers (they did capsize).

less stability compared to what ..saying that it had anything to do with capsizing when on the foils is stretching

On 8/27/2020 at 7:25 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

The only thing that scares spammydaddy is the disappearance of his hundreds of thousands of garbage words with the press of a button. It's a troll I have to perform now and again for those who love the look of their words too much. 

Nuke my posts

• Downvote 1

Looking at the photos, it appears to me that the runner might have parted.  I see what looks like a bunch of forestay sag and maybe the strangeness in the main shape is due to the leeward runner taking up the slack?  All from two grainy pics...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rh3000 said:

I should point out that these two photos are two separate incidents, albeit only a minute or so apart.

You can see by the chase boat positions.

They appeared to have recovered from the first and were back up on the foil when the second happened.

1 minute ago, weta27 said:

I should point out that these two photos are two separate incidents, albeit only a minute or so apart.

You can see by the chase boat positions.

They appeared to have recovered from the first and were back up on the foil when the second happened.

Thanking you for the clarification :-) This is a non-trivial assumption I had made.

Best I can manage of the second incident - it almost looks like the working foil (stbd) is out of the water - not sure where the other one is.

DSC_1487-s.jpg

• Like 4

Is the mostly monologue going to continue over in MHA then? "HERE" meaning ACA, not SA entirely? Gawd.

Time for some rainbow lines…

1036366912_Defiant002a.jpg.f4ef74b7e530e556d2734fe1bc09650b.jpg

Looks like the starboard foil is raised, I think the arm can be seen just below the bowsprit.

Not much sag in the forestay. It's long and the jib is drawing so impossible to keep perfectly straight.

Not much mast bend, but hard to tell…

Weird shape of leech

Leeward running backstay seems slack

There may well have been an incident that ended training/testing for the day, but not sure anything can be gleaned from the photo. Except maybe the leech.

• Like 1

With the weird shape of the leech they might have broken one of the upper battens? Might explain the strange shape?

3 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

Ok Little Frump.  You are delusional.  

20200827_212642.jpg

- that they have less stability when in displacement mode.  This is also correct and has been confirmed by the designers (they did capsize).

Thats because its part of the design brief, which was why the designers confirmed it.

- that it first took them longer to get up on the foils than the other B1’s.  This is correct, the first several days were spent being towed, only natural for a team that had not practiced on a test boat.

- that their test boat may be faster, or a much better design than the B1.  Not proved wrong, and some others agree.

Not proved right either, some others disagree.

- I did think that NZ was done with B1 since they had been spending almost a month exclusively sailing the test boat and B2 is nearing completion.  I was wrong about it and admitted it.

Go ahead and show me prove of anything I “bagged” your team about that was proven wrong!  I am not saying that everything I have ever said is right, just that I don’t go throwing unsubstantiated shit against the wall and spam forums with old fanboy crap.  We have all been speculating on various things, and most of the time, us “experts” on SAAC are wrong.

Still waiting for you to prove which design teams have stated "The AC75 has major design flaws"

I have picked on you because you ask for it.

Lol okay then

33 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

There is no need to pick on you when you keep making a complete fool of yourself.  

NZ launched B1 on September 4th and they couldn’t get the mainsail up.  They did not actual get foiling until September 18th.   I am not trying to criticize team NZ, just showing that you are wrong.  Little Frump, just because you say something does not make it true.  Also, did you look at both foils on the boat?

https://emirates-team-new-zealand.americascup.com/en/news/404_EMIRATES-TEAM-NEW-ZEALAND-LAUNCH-THEIR-FIRST-BOAT.html

https://www.sail-world.com/news/222183/Americas-Cup-Emirates-Team-NZ-first-sail-video

All of the teams are sailing an AC75, so any criticism of the design is not bagging your team.

10 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

There is no need to pick on you when you keep making a complete fool of yourself.  

NZ launched B1 on September 4th and they couldn’t get the mainsail up.  They did not actual get foiling until September 18th.   I am not trying to criticize team NZ, just showing that you are wrong.  Little Frump, just because you say something does not make it true.  Also, did you look at both foils on the boat?

https://emirates-team-new-zealand.americascup.com/en/news/404_EMIRATES-TEAM-NEW-ZEALAND-LAUNCH-THEIR-FIRST-BOAT.html

https://www.sail-world.com/news/222183/Americas-Cup-Emirates-Team-NZ-first-sail-video

Gee, maybe thats because thats exactly what they planned to do.

When they wanted to get foiling, they got foiling. Thats how a plan works. You make a plan when you want to achieve something. 

Oh so, switching means having one foil now then? lol

Here's an explanation from Bernasconi himself. From 2:42.

See, this is why you're an amateur.

20 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Gee, maybe thats because thats exactly what they planned to do.

When they wanted to get foiling, they got foiling. Thats how a plan works. You make a plan when you want to achieve something. 

Oh so, switching means having one foil now then? lol

Here's an explanation from Bernasconi himself. From 2:42.

See, this is why you're an amateur.

Follow along, I will try to talk slowly for you....

I said it took longer for NZ to get up on their foils for the first time than the other B1’s.  (I pointed out that it was expected because they hadn’t foiled a test boat yet.  So yea, it most likely was planned that way).  You said I was wrong and posted a video of them foiling 14 days after they first got the boat wet.  

I said that I thought NZ would eventually go to the bulbed foil, they are now testing a bulbed foil.  Of course none of us know what they will use in the cup, but I am not proven wrong like you so blindly stated in you original attack on me.

We have wasted too much on this stupid discussion.  It would be more productive to discuss quantum mechanics with a turnip.

To others, sorry for the off topic drift.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

Follow along, I will try to talk slowly for you....

I said it took longer for NZ to get up on their foils for the first time than the other B1’s.  (I pointed out that it was expected because they hadn’t foiled a test boat yet.  So yea, it most likely was planned that way).  You said I was wrong and posted a video of them foiling 14 days after they first got the boat wet.  

But it didn't take longer, because every other boat 1 was foiling on day one, just like ETNZ's boat 1 was foiling on Day 1.

I said that I thought NZ would eventually go to the bulbed foil, they are now testing a bulbed foil.  Of course none of us know what they will use in the cup, but I am not proven wrong like you so blindly stated in you original attack on me.

Oh, so now they haven't switched, you said they had "switched to bulbed foils"now its they eventually will lol, moving the goalposts are we? 

We have wasted too much on this stupid discussion.  It would be more productive to discuss quantum mechanics with a turnip.

Aww schooled again huh? Go and have a sulk like you always do lol

To others, sorry for the off topic drift.

There you go again, thinking the "others"care what you think.

Can't get the simple things right, but wants to talk quantum mechanics lol

Still waiting for you to show me which design team members stated the AC75 has major design flaws...I'll wait.