3 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Maybe if they get unreliable FCS readouts due to hydraulics issues then there’s a cascading trail of effects, including at the actuators because of the systems being ‘integrated’ logically. 

Maybe the moon is made from cheese

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Good Gawd, out of boredom I read something that you posted, and that was it? Seriously just go F YourSelf, stop with all the slimy personal attacks on every f’ing target you can think of, it got old starting years ago. 

DB is key to an excellent team here, it’s great to see. 

Good gawd, someone quoted you slimy insinuating troll constantly recycling attacks on anything etnz.

You got old about 12k posts ago, nice you had a wee vacation but now Yur back spouting...

Oh, fcs exaggerations..forgot to add that to your list. As you were, maybe unfair design advantage next?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, barfy said:

Maybe the moon is made from cheese

ROFLAO!!

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 11:29 AM, Sea Breeze 74 said:

From AM Facebook page

am.jpg

Awesome photo...  the composition is spot on. Would make a great poster!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

Reminds one of a shark leaping out of the watershark1.jpg.9da860f7cecde026a91464a4220226f2.jpg

4 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

Look at the twist on that mainsail 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Why would FCS oil go to the bottom of the arms, I wonder? 

Maybe they use hydraulics to control the foil flaps? If so, to swap foils there would be connectors down there, possibly looking for leaks.

54 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Nah that was Ainslie. The story goes, Spithill has been through a training session and had swapped out for Ainslie who crashed the boat.

Wrong!

Spithill talks about how it was his mistake and all his fault for flipping the boat.  Also how they should have just towed it in to Sausalito instead of trying to right the boat.  Go listen to the Shirley podcast interview.  He is a good story teller when he talks about seeing a shadow on the boat and looks up to see them drifting under the Golden Gate Bridge and out to sea.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

Maybe they use hydraulics to control the foil flaps? If so, to swap foils there would be connectors down there, possibly looking for leaks.

It looks like he is adjusting/tightening something on the top and then underneath the foils arm on both arms.

3 hours ago, Forourselves said:

guys like him need to recognise when it’s time to step aside and let the younger talent shine. 

DB certainly had is chances, ok maybe not 2003 but in 2007 and 2013 he had a fair chance to shine. In the end he couldn’t close the deal. But how many chances does someone get. He needs to step aside an let a true American take the helm in AM. I’m sure there’s no lack of talent to chose from. But in the end it’s completely AM choice to who they select. But sometimes you need to let the younger generation have a go. 

Couldn’t close the deal?  The boat wasn’t fast enough to complete the course within time limits. You want him to get out and push? Wtf 

let a true American take the helm?  WTF? 
for and Australian you sound like a trumpist with chat like that 

So who would you have chosen to drive? Remember must a true American with similar cup experience to make it an even comparison. Good luck

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Couldn’t close the deal?  The boat wasn’t fast enough to complete the course within time limits. You want him to get out and push? Wtf 

So who would you have chosen to drive? Remember must a true American with similar cup experience to make it an even comparison. Good luck

Would be nice if you respond without ranting and raving and swearing 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Spitty would be an obvious choice

4 hours ago, MaxHugen said:

They use Maxon electric motors..

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Would be nice if you respond without ranting and raving and swearing 

What swears did I use that upset your delicate constitution? 

31 minutes ago, barfy said:

^ oh, forgot. He was team not quite usa

He doesn’t have  bald eagles coursing though his veins, the 2nd amendment tattooed accrue his chest... therefore not a “true merican”

3 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

He doesn’t have  bald eagles coursing though his veins, the 2nd amendment tattooed accrue his chest... therefore not a “true merican”

Bit of a true Aussie then

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

That's the point I don't think Barker has the nerve to sail right to the limits let alone test and remember where those limits are.  The other three do and it shows in their sailing record CV's.  I know this forum has done this to death but what has Barker actually won of any note in a long career?

Ainslie - greatest Olympic Sailor of all time.
Spithall - youngest skipper to win the America's Cup.  Sailed in at least three Sydney - Hobarts finishing in the first three each time.  First to pitch-pole an AC45 and did it twice!
Burling - Olympic Champion, World Champion, Round the World race sailor, America's Cup winner.  First to pitchpole an AC62 in the America's Cup!

Yeah na.  Barker needs a fast boat.

While I agree that it looks like DB cracks under pressure, I'll answer you question (bold): the America's Cup. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

That's the point I don't think Barker has the nerve to sail right to the limits let alone test and remember where those limits are.  The other three do and it shows in their sailing record CV's.  I know this forum has done this to death but what has Barker actually won of any note in a long career?

Ainslie - greatest Olympic Sailor of all time.
Spithall - youngest skipper to win the America's Cup.  Sailed in at least three Sydney - Hobarts finishing in the first three each time.  First to pitch-pole an AC45 and did it twice!
Burling - Olympic Champion, World Champion, Round the World race sailor, America's Cup winner.  First to pitchpole an AC62 in the America's Cup!

Yeah na.  Barker needs a fast boat.

• Like 1

Wasn’t he a couple of puffs of wind away from winning the AC 9-1 in what was a much slower boat? 

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

While I agree that it looks like DB cracks under pressure, I'll answer you question (bold): the America's Cup. 

Barker would have won the AC in San Fran, but for the breeze dying.

Then after he was cheated on, with the pressure on, he won the start and the race to the first two marks ... then herbie kicked in, full flight control thanks to Airbus.  Only non-sailors and dumbfucks could not see that happening.

For those who do not accept what Oracle did, I offer you the control systems now in use in the AC, only on auto.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

31 minutes ago, astro said:

Barker would have won the AC in San Fran, but for the breeze dying.

Then after he was cheated on, with the pressure on, he won the start and the race to the first two marks ... then herbie kicked in, full flight control thanks to Airbus.  Only non-sailors and dumbfucks could not see that happening.

For those who do not accept what Oracle did, I offer you the control systems now in use in the AC, only on auto.

Bold: I was there and I saw what you did, saw it with my own two eyes... And it was heartbreaking.
Re. Herbie: I keep my hands and brain off that subject, while you are right that DB performed rather well afterwards (and after the near capsize). Nevertheless he has shown previously that he somehow is not as cold-blooded as required once huge pressure is on. BTW, I had the same impression of Spithill in Bermuda.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

Re. Herbie: I keep my hands and brain off that subject,

See?  No one wants to go there.  Not ETNZ not OR, not anyone, because it is so shameful for the sport and there is nothing that can be done.   Even when we have video evidence, no one wants to watch it.

NO No no! 

There is cheating that goes on in sailing all the time, then there are Dog Acts, and what Oracle did was a Dog Act.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, astro said:

See?  No one wants to go there.  Not ETNZ not OR, not anyone, because it is so shameful for the sport and there is nothing that can be done.   Even when we have video evidence, no one wants to watch it.

NO No no! 

There is cheating that goes on in sailing all the time, then there are Dog Acts, and what Oracle did was a Dog Act.

Everyone hereabouts went there or was forced to go there. It was discussed over and over gain. There is nothing about Herbie that has not already been discussed, looked at and rated.
Can we please carry on? It is just a sailboat race, not world peace, corona threat, climate change or anything else that is life threatening and has an impact on the daily life of millions. Again: Let it go, it's just a sailboat race!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

Again: Let it go, it's just a sailboat race!

There you go again. the industry line.

But I am not in the industry, I can review the incident if I want, and I will.  It was the most serious cheating incident I have ever had the misfortune to see.  In a team that had already been pinged for cheating FFS.

And it is not just a sailboat race, it is incredibly big business.  Count the hundreds of millions.

EDIT: I get it now, it's just a boat race, let's forget who won!   Who fucking cares it's just a boat race right?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, astro said:

There you go again. the industry line.

But I am not in the industry, I can review the incident if I want, and I will.  It was the most serious cheating incident I have ever had the misfortune to see.  In a team that had already been pinged for cheating FFS.

And it is not just a sailboat race, it is incredibly big business.  Count the hundreds of millions.

EDIT: I get it now, it's just a boat race, let's forget who won!   Who fucking cares it's just a boat race right?

It was determined to not be cheating. It was within rules as determined by the measurement committee. It was simply a clever solution to one problem of foil control.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/yachting-herbies-secrets-revealed-at-last/RBZDQRTI7676NWLUIOS3BLHJSI/

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mako23 said:

DB certainly had is chances, ok maybe not 2003 but in 2007 and 2013 he had a fair chance to shine. In the end he couldn’t close the deal. But how many chances does someone get. He needs to step aside an let a true American take the helm in AM. I’m sure there’s no lack of talent to chose from. But in the end it’s completely AM choice to who they select. But sometimes you need to let the younger generation have a go. 

The only "true Americans" who have winning America's Cup experience are Australian. Because Oracle Team Australia. Prada got one, lol. 

13 hours ago, MaxHugen said:

'Poster sized' ;)

EkjVzTIXIAA6UDT?format=jpg&name=large

(c) Will Ricketson

• Like 2

2 hours ago, I14RACER said:

It was determined to not be cheating. It was within rules as determined by the measurement committee. It was simply a clever solution to one problem of foil control.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/yachting-herbies-secrets-revealed-at-last/RBZDQRTI7676NWLUIOS3BLHJSI/

Are we still fighting over this ?? The Americans won fair and square. 

1 hour ago, NeedAClew said:

The only "true Americans" who have winning America's Cup experience are Australian. Because Oracle Team Australia. Prada got one, lol. 

I’m sure in your fantastic country there’s enough talent for any sailing competition. However whoever AM pick is their business

• Like 1

More on crew: TH touched on it during TE’s show and made it sound like (basically) DB’s only job to steer. He will cross sides during turns and Goodison (trimmer) will apparently steer out of gybes, then also cross. Campbell is the flight controller and will (I took TH to mean) remain on the same side at all times. 

36 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

More on crew: TH touched on it during TE’s show and made it sound like (basically) DB’s only job to steer. He will cross sides during turns and Goodison (trimmer) will apparently steer out of gybes, then also cross. Campbell is the flight controller and will (I took TH to mean) remain on the same side at all times. 

That's a fundamental issue with DB. Besides driving, he's a minister without a portfolio.

2 hours ago, mako23 said:

Are we still fighting over this ?? The Americans won fair and square. 

No we are not still fighting over this, it's clear what happened, everyone saw it.

No, just because it was too late to protest does not mean it was fair and square.

The boats were never intended to be automated.

4 hours ago, nav said:

'Poster sized' ;)

EkjVzTIXIAA6UDT?format=jpg&name=large

(c) Will Ricketson

First clear image of inverted camber in the top of the main I have seen.  Or is it just the leach falling away.

I wonder if it was in there before liftoff?

2 minutes ago, astro said:

First clear image of inverted camber in the top of the main I have seen.  I wonder if it was in there before liftoff?

Hmmmm. Prolly just the luff breaking before the whole boat rotates back to leeward, no?

13 hours ago, mako23 said:

Likewise, it’d be pretty cool if the UAE boat didn’t rely on an Aussie skipper. 

7 minutes ago, astro said:

No we are not still fighting over this, it's clear what happened, everyone saw it.

No, just because it was too late to protest does not mean it was fair and square.

No, you’re still fighting over nonsense. You keep getting banned for being a fucking idiot. There’s a reason for that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monkey said:

No, you’re still fighting over nonsense. You keep getting banned for being a fucking idiot. There’s a reason for that. 

You just keep demonstrating my point.  Well done.

1 hour ago, NZL3481 said:

That's a fundamental issue with DB. Besides driving, he's a minister without a portfolio.

And that was all good with you kiwis when it was 8-0 and the parade was being planned.. 

10 hours ago, astro said:

There is cheating that goes on in all sport and life all the time,

FIFY

The secret to success is not to get caught.

1 hour ago, Monkey said:

You must be thinking of a different regatta...

1 hour ago, Monkey said:

Peter Burling appears to be the main man but Team New Zealand are yet to announce a formal skipper for the defence of their America's Cup defence.

49 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

And that was all good with you kiwis when it was 8-0 and the parade was being planned.. 

ETNZ staff and follow crew men knew DB well. He was a long standing member and well liked. In the end it was felt that there was better options available. He wasn’t fired but offered another role, which he decided not to take. In the end the new combination of skipper helmsman did ok to say the least. We Kiwis have every right to have our reservations about DB not being the best. 

21 minutes ago, Indio said:

You must be thinking of a different regatta...

Nope. 

1 hour ago, Priscilla said:

FIFY

The secret to success is not to get caught.

Or put teeth in sailings rules - Dirk de Ridder just flips a middle finger and goes on to another series to make this money while Oracle paid a 250K fine and goes on with a minor race series penalty....   Femke Van den Driessche was kicked out of the cycling worlds for motor cheating - UCI proposed a lifetime ban and gave her 6 years removing her 2 National Championship wins. 

BTW the sailing fine is the same amount Larry paid the US GOV to get the Tic Toc deal done...

https://thehill.com/homenews/521538-oracle-ceo-donated-250k-to-graham-super-pac-days-before-tiktok-deal-went-through

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monkey said:

With that logic AM is a French/German  boat with a kiwi skipper 

12 hours ago, MultiMono said:

Where in that list is there a significant world win?  Let alone a number of them in competitions where it isnt largely decided by how fast your boat is.

7 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Yes it is. 

37 minutes ago, XPRO said:

Or put teeth in sailings rules - Dirk de Ridder just flips a middle finger and goes on to another series to make this money while Oracle paid a 250K fine and goes on with a minor race series penalty....   Femke Van den Driessche was kicked out of the cycling worlds for motor cheating - UCI proposed a lifetime ban and gave her 6 years removing her 2 National Championship wins. 

BTW the sailing fine is the same amount Larry paid the US GOV to get the Tic Toc deal done...

https://thehill.com/homenews/521538-oracle-ceo-donated-250k-to-graham-super-pac-days-before-tiktok-deal-went-through

And some other sailor comes "clean" about the dirty deeds, gets to skate away from the business forever it seems.

2 hours ago, astro said:

Just shut the f up about the mythical Herbie, you and Herbfy are the ones who went so far deep into that rabbit-hole your brain cells have still not tecovered. Try a 3 Step Recovery, for everyones’ betterment! Keerist, man.... 

21 minutes ago, mako23 said:

But all teams have to meet the new nationality requirements.  Obviously AM couldn't find a Skipper that was American so the quota was filled elsewhere.

As for Glenn Ashby he has been spending most of his time living in New Zealand for about the last 8 or 9 years.  Set up house here this year.  With regard to his role as Skipper in Bermuda my understanding is that was to take some pressure off Burling.  However as the regatta(s) progressed it became evident that Burling was handling everything thrown at him.  Certainly wasn't over awed or intimidated by Spithall in the AC.

5 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Just shut the f up about the mythical Herbie, you and Herbfy are the ones who went so far deep into that rabbit-hole your brain cells have still not tecovered. Try a 3 Step Recovery, for everyones’ betterment! Keerist, man.... 

tenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

However as the regatta(s) progressed it became evident that Burling was handling everything thrown at him.  Certainly wasn't over awed or intimidated by Spithall in the AC.

Certainly didn't come out and say before the event started: please don't get too aggressive when we are racing boyz....

12 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

He’s entitled to his opinion, as a fellow kiwi I don’t agree with him. In my view Oracle won with the faster boat. That doesn’t mean he’s wrong in having an opposing opinion. In the end you, me and him are entitled to an opinion. Jumping down his throat questioning his sanity makes you look  more unhinged than him. 

13 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

It seems like you are saying that Barker won the cup? The whole issue is that NZ needed a scapegoat and he was the choice...  He has had lots of success in his career, but not that one. And some people have decided to use that against him.

1 hour ago, mako23 said:

793CF48E-79F3-4803-83BC-82EEFB9ED62E.jpeg

Hate to break it to you but Casper is American. 

WetHog  :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, WetHog said:

793CF48E-79F3-4803-83BC-82EEFB9ED62E.jpeg

Hate to break it to you but Casper is American. 

WetHog  :ph34r:

Ex Team New Zealand but :P

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nroose said:

It seems like you are saying that Barker won the cup? The whole issue is that NZ needed a scapegoat and he was the choice...  He has had lots of success in his career, but not that one. And some people have decided to use that against him.

I think to hold him as a scapegoat in New Zealand does not reflect reality. I have heard some criticism of him of him not having a killer instinct but to single him as the sole reason for failure is unreasonable and not reflected in reality. That fact that he was offered another job in ETNZ also reflects he’s not considered the scapegoat. Believe me if he was considered for Total point of failure he wouldn’t be offered anything but kicked out the door quickly. Past New Zealand campaigns have been ruthless towards skippers considered to be at blame, Go and ask Chris Dickson 

5 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Ex Team New Zealand but :P

Oh so now it’s not only their nationality but also any teams they used to be on disqualify them from being true Americans on an American team?

Burling is Dutch and Tuke Spanish then! 

11 minutes ago, mako23 said:

I think to hold him as a scapegoat in New Zealand does not reflect reality.

OR gradually learned to foil upwind, how the hell was it DB’s fault that ETNZ didn’t progress quite as fast at the end? 

Folks are posting about DB’s personality as if they are itching for ‘aggression’ out of him but what the hell? His starts were calculated to kill, he was cool under pressure. It’s a technological competition not a soap opera, Jerry Springer style drama. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

OR gradually learned to foil upwind, how the hell was it DB’s fault that ETNZ didn’t progress quite as fast at the end? 

Folks are posting about DB’s personality as if they are itching for ‘aggression’ out of him but what the hell? His starts were calculated to kill, he was cool under pressure. It’s a technological competition not a soap opera, Jerry Springer style drama. 

It isn't in the final part of the regatta where Barker comes unstuck.  In my opinion it is during the previous 3 years of development up to final.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mako23 said:

He’s entitled to his opinion, as a fellow kiwi I don’t agree with him. In my view Oracle won with the faster boat. That doesn’t mean he’s wrong in having an opposing opinion. In the end you, me and him are entitled to an opinion. Jumping down his throat questioning his sanity makes you look  more unhinged than him. 

Actually, Astro is right: they cheated with the control system...but they're no longer in the AC which is the most significant and important outcome out of AC35. And they won't likely ever be involved again unless they can find another way to cheat their way to winning, because they will never make it through from any Challenger Selection Series. Never have, even with their bottomless resources.

Next best outcome from AC35 is we get to enjoy the involvement of NYYC..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kate short for Bob said:

It isn't in the final part of the regatta where Barker comes unstuck.  In my opinion it is during the previous 3 years of development up to final.  

Nah Deano was doing a sterling job until Herbie rocked up.

2 minutes ago, Indio said:

And the Handbags...

38 minutes ago, Nauti Buoy said:

Oh so now it’s not only their nationality but also any teams they used to be on disqualify them from being true Americans on an American team?

Burling is Dutch and Tuke Spanish then! 

It was a joke you insensitive clod...

6 hours ago, mako23 said:

I’m sure in your fantastic country there’s enough talent for any sailing competition. However whoever AM pick is their business

Yeah, and it's my business whether I choose to hope they win or not. My country is a dumpster fire. Do you think the US could perhaps have had more talent with Cup experience if more had been chosen for the ostensible US teams 2003 -2017? 

19 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Yeah, and it's my business whether I choose to hope they win or not. My country is a dumpster fire. Do you think the US could perhaps have had more talent with Cup experience if more had been chosen for the ostensible US teams 2003 -2017? 

If you think your country is a dumpster fire is entirely your business. I myself chose to be diplomatic about other countries. There’s enough we disagree about without criticism about someone’s country 

1 hour ago, Priscilla said:

Nah Deano was doing a sterling job until Herbie rocked up.

:D :D :D 

Barfbie and Astro and FHimself will recount that DDS biblical chapter and verse, for the 100, 000th time, again here soon..

3 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Where in that list is there a significant world win?  Let alone a number of them in competitions where it isnt largely decided by how fast your boat is.

2001: ISAF World Matchracing champs (1st)

1 hour ago, Indio said:

Actually, Astro is right: they cheated with the control system...but they're no longer in the AC which is the most significant and important outcome out of AC35. And they won't likely ever be involved again unless they can find another way to cheat their way to winning, because they will never make it through from any Challenger Selection Series. Never have, even with their bottomless resources.

How the fuck would you know anything about what happens on a sail boat when you have never sailed.  You were badly shown up in that discussion a few years ago by a real hydraulics expert, not a make-believe expert on a sailing forum.  Just shows your level of intelligence when you align yourself with Random.  Get back to your golfing buddies

1 hour ago, mako23 said:

If you think your country is a dumpster fire is entirely your business. I myself chose to be diplomatic about other countries. There’s enough we disagree about without criticism about someone’s country 

That's nice. I don't recall criticizing any of the other countries. Saying that the sailors what won AC2010 and 2013 for us were Australian is hardly dissing Australia?

In case there is doubt, I am a US citizen living in US. And I want Ineos to win the Prada Cup. The big one, well, to the most worthy and valiant.

From the Friday interview with TH 

https://www.facebook.com/SailingIllustratedBlog/videos/365766524779367/

TH said they had some adjustment issues on the first sail.  They just planed to tow B2 around a little that first day, but with the nice calm water, Dean convinced them to go for a sail.  TH said that they gave it a good stress test that first day.  

He said they are taking the weekend off and will most likely go sailing on Tuesday.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, trt131 said:

How the fuck would you know anything about what happens on a sail boat when you have never sailed.  You were badly shown up in that discussion a few years ago by a real hydraulics expert, not a make-believe expert on a sailing forum.  Just shows your level of intelligence when you align yourself with Random.  Get back to your golfing buddies

I didn't bring it up...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trt131 said:

How the fuck would you know anything about me?! And who was your imaginary "hydraulics expert" ? LOL!! It never happened, and you know it. I outlined at the time why the use of the linear actuator was illegal, and at least one person involved in the MC agreed that it would have been ruled illegal if ETNZ had appealed in time.

Love it when a self-proclaimed bitter expat Kiwi pops up now and again to pick a fight - has your wife left you for a golfer or something?!?!:lol:

8 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Exactly Exactly ..! Arrrrr. Arrrr... These guys are so slow to spit it out but you gotta love em..! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Indio said:

How the fuck would you know anything about me?! And who was your imaginary "hydraulics expert" ? LOL!! It never happened, and you know it. I outlined at the time why the use of the linear actuator was illegal, and at least one person involved in the MC agreed that it would have been ruled illegal if ETNZ had appealed in time.

Love it when a self-proclaimed bitter expat Kiwi pops up now and again to pick a fight - has your wife left you for a golfer or something?!?!:lol:

And you know fuck all about me, only whats in your tiny mind.  You are totally wrong about Herbie but you cant let it go.  Accept the fact the best boat won, move on, go sailing.

4 minutes ago, trt131 said:

And you know fuck all about me, only whats in your tiny mind.  You are totally wrong about Herbie but you cant let it go.  Accept the fact the best boat won, move on, go sailing.

You sound a bit defensive there LOL, but you're the wanker who picked the fight! They cheated to win in 2013, but it's all history now because they're gone  - and good riddance.

17 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Exactly Exactly ..! Arrrrr. Arrrr... These guys are so slow to spit it out but you gotta love em..! 

I love 'em too.  I wonder who they do the videos for?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Teaky said:

I love 'em too.  I wonder who they do the videos for?

They do them for us that's for sure. The bigger the Youtube Channel the more potential to make money..! And these guys have perhaps got a thing going....

20 minutes ago, Indio said:

You sound a bit defensive there LOL, but you're the wanker who picked the fight! They cheated to win in 2013, but it's all history now because they're gone  - and good riddance.

I tried to look up all that linear actuator stuff and the jury decisions with no luck. Any idea where they might be found. All I came up with was a picture of Stingray jumping a shark and by the way where is Snaerk. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Interesting how they bring up the possibility of ground effect with the bow generating lift at high speeds.  

TH just smiled and refused to answer the question if the hull will be generating up lift or down lift.  He did mention how the hull is designed for for aerodynamic blending with the sails and specifically about end plating with the water.  He did said the "keel" of whatever you want to call it, added to the aerodynamics.

24 minutes ago, amc said:

I tried to look up all that linear actuator stuff and the jury decisions with no luck. Any idea where they might be found. All I came up with was a picture of Stingray jumping a shark and by the way where is Snaerk. 

I'll see what I can find on my back-up drives and pm it to you as I a replaced my computer system in June last year...

Lotta AC history in this photoACHoF.jpg.25067d14493e9e7b1d0757e1400e2c8c.jpg

2 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

From the Friday interview with TH 

https://www.facebook.com/SailingIllustratedBlog/videos/365766524779367/

TH said they had some adjustment issues on the first sail.  They just planed to tow B2 around a little that first day, but with the nice calm water, Dean convinced them to go for a sail.  TH said that they gave it a good stress test that first day.  

He said they are taking the weekend off and will most likely go sailing on Tuesday.  

This is exactly why Dean is a somewhat questionable choice as helmsman. Or why Terry maybe a questionable choice as Skipper. Both outstanding sailors in their own right, but they both seem to display brain explosion tendencies at critical times.

They had a plan, and the Skipper was talked out of following that plan almost resulting in a capsize. 

23 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

This is exactly why Dean is a somewhat questionable choice as helmsman. Or why Terry maybe a questionable choice as Skipper. Both outstanding sailors in their own right, but they both seem to display brain explosion tendencies at critical times.

They had a plan, and the Skipper was talked out of following that plan almost resulting in a capsize. 

You can’t make an omelet without cracking a few eggs. There was no harm in doing it or they wouldn’t have. These guys are far more capable of judging their abilities than us keyboard jockeys.

They have capsized before like NZ and nothing horrible happened. I’m glad they went for it. It can help shake the nerves when the winds will be calmer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrafirma said:

They do them for us that's for sure. The bigger the Youtube Channel the more potential to make money..! And these guys have perhaps got a thing going....

Nah, a YouTube view is worth about the same as an AirMile.  Neither are of any use to these guys.  I guess it's for existing/potential sailmaker clients.  

1 hour ago, Indio said:

Only way to beat the Kiwis is to cheat. Who does this remind me of?

• Like 1