MR.CLEAN

News: Charles Cook, former US Sailing Lawyer, Indicted For Money Laundering in Connection With Sex Trafficking

Remember the lawyer who lost US Sailing a bunch of high profile cases to the tune of hundreds of thousands in legal fees?  He was also the PRO for the Olympics in Qingdao.  There's an interview here with this shining light from back in 2008 (as long as it lasts, anyway, but it's cached too). 

A friendly Anarchist forwarded this story to me today. Did a little more digging and got this one and a few more. 

Did a little more digging and found his LinkedIn profile scrubbed, and his law firm's bio page gone (he was a partner at a big Mass. firm).   Fortunately (and unfortunately), the interwebs are forever.

If you don't know who we are talking about, read up. Of course all people are innocent until proven and allegations are just allegations until proven, but man.  

MARBLEHEAD — A prominent attorney from Marblehead is among 10 people indicted in connection with an alleged human trafficking operation, prosecutors announced Friday.

Charles Cook, 65, was indicted Thursday by a statewide grand jury on charges of conspiracy to traffic persons for sexual servitude, conspiracy to launder money and sexual conduct for a fee. 

The charges stem from an investigation by the attorney general's office into a website called ""Chloe's Companions."

Palic and Napolitano were initially arrested on Feb. 8 as a result of an investigation by the AG’s Human Trafficking Division.

Further investigation by the AG’s Office found that Cook, Vivilecchia, Simpson, and Johnson all helped to launder the money. Authorities allege that all four paid Palic for sex and Johnson allegedly paid her for sex through his company’s payroll checks, the AG said.

* Charles Cook, 65, of Marblehead, indicted on conspiracy to traffic persons for sexual servitude (1 count); conspiracy to launder money (1 count); and sex for a fee (1 count).

11 minutes ago, hermetic said:

sex with a hooker.   oh my god, take him to salem and burn him at the stake

grow up

I see a pretty clear distinction between a free person choosing to make a living as a sex worker (Portugal or Netherlands) vs. human trafficking... but that could just be me? Apparently. 

18 minutes ago, hermetic said:

grow up

These types of rings quite frequently include all sorts of bad, bad things done to the women who are being sold.  I have no philosophical problem at all with prostitution, but pimping - and laundering money for pimps - is an entirely different ballgame. 

19 minutes ago, hermetic said:

grow up

Funnily enough, the first link is from the Salem News.

57 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

These types of rings quite frequently include all sorts of bad, bad things done to the women who are being sold.  I have no philosophical problem at all with prostitution, but pimping - and laundering money for pimps - is an entirely different ballgame. 

Just another comment on the types of people who become prominent lawyers. 

47 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Very true.  Trafficking involves many levels of manipulation up to and including physical restraint.  Often the trafficked sex workers are underage, come from good homes, and are recruited via the internet.  Sneaking out of the house to meet a new online "friend" ends up being a multi-week nightmare of being trafficked.  I've seen multiple cases in suburban, urban and rural areas.  The more we all learn about this the better chance we have of keeping other unwilling persons from this horror.

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

There's an interview here with this shining light from back in 2008 (as long as it lasts, anyway, but it's cached too). 

Never thought I'd see the day.  The earth just shook under my feet.  Clean quoted Scuttlebutt!

ROTFLMAO.

Whaddya get when ya cross a hooker with a lawyer?

A fucking know-it-all...

Why do they bury lawyers 65 feet down?

Because deep down they are good people.

"but pimping - and laundering money for pimps - is an entirely different ballgame"

This from the same idiot who writes articles subtitled "Big pimpin'". You just don't get it at all ...

Shit.....I hope at 65 somebody will ask me to launder money for hottie Hungarian blowjobs in the office after hours....

3 hours ago, Moonduster said:

"but pimping - and laundering money for pimps - is an entirely different ballgame"

This from the same idiot who writes articles subtitled "Big pimpin'". You just don't get it at all ...

I don't write anything called 'big pimpin.  you must have me confused with someone else.  What did you mean to say, Lassie?  

Do you think sex trafficking is a good thing for the fine people of Massachusetts?

I keeping with tradition .. fuck off and show us you wife/girlfriend's tits

Hopefully another website will write up a clear and erudite piece on this very disturbing turn of events. 

That way, those really interested can make un-biased evaluations, (or biased) depending on which channel they watch (read)!   

On 11/12/2017 at 10:32 PM, Henderson Bennett said:

Informative post which provides the knowledge regarding the Money Laundering connection. Thanks dear for the post. Now, these issues are very common but S e b a s t i a n O h a n i a n is the best attorney for civil forfeiture case When I have faced problem regarding my home property that time my friend introduced them to me which helps me a lot to recovery in the critical situations.

hahah.  attempted blogspam by a law firm.  SO should buy better SEO.  Key phrases "informative post" and "thanks dear". 

"Cook's attorney, Kevin Reddington, called his client 'a respected professional and a very decent guy.'"

His attorney says Cook is a very decent guy, so he's got that going for him.

5 hours ago, -OvO- said:

hahah.  attempted blogspam by a law firm.  SO should buy better SEO.  Key phrases "informative post" and "thanks dear". 

Reads like it was a phone in from the Nigerian Branch Office.

On 11/25/2017 at 2:35 PM, hobot said:
On 11/25/2017 at 8:53 AM, -OvO- said:
On 11/12/2017 at 7:32 PM, Henderson Bennett said:

Informative post which provides the knowledge regarding the Money Laundering connection. Thanks dear for the post. Now, these issues are very common but Sebastian Ohanian is the best attorney for civil forfeiture case When I have faced problem regarding my home property that time my friend introduced them to me which helps me a lot to recovery in the critical situations.

Reads like it was a phone in from the Nigerian Branch Office.

That, or a spoof - the username hasn't been reported to stopforumscam yet